Which class is most faceroll?

in PvP

Posted by: Goliath.7546

Goliath.7546

Which class is the most faceroll? Which is hardest to play?

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Get ready for opinions.

“Every build but mine’s is cheap and cheese when I have an alt using them they are hard.” -Usual GW2 PvP player-

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: SpookyPoo.8135

SpookyPoo.8135

For this subforum, a more pertinent question would be “Which is the hardest (or most unfun) build to play against?”

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Dunno, the rate at which my head rolls over the keyboard doesn’t change much between classes. Hardest to play is easy though, revenant as I don’t have HoT pre purchased.

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

The hardest class in the game to play has always been and will always be engineer. Engineer are 100% about combos and ontop of that, their combos aren’t as obvious as other professions. It’s very easy for them to miss a skill in the combo leaving the player to come up with a new one on the spot. To add to this, their kits have no cooldowns unlike elementalists attunments. Because of that the player has to be even more aware of cooldowns in each kit. For elementalists, you can basically expect everything in an attunment to be ready once the attunment is off cooldown.

Most faceroll class is ele.

… I still want tengu.

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

The hardest class in the game to play has always been and will always be engineer. Engineer are 100% about combos and ontop of that, their combos aren’t as obvious as other professions. It’s very easy for them to miss a skill in the combo leaving the player to come up with a new one on the spot. To add to this, their kits have no cooldowns unlike elementalists attunments. Because of that the player has to be even more aware of cooldowns in each kit. For elementalists, you can basically expect everything in an attunment to be ready once the attunment is off cooldown.

Most faceroll class is ele.

I agree with that. And on top of that, engineer is also much harder than ele because its skills are pretty hard to land, espcially compared to ele where everything is a PbAoE and you don’t have to target anything to land skills.

Also nades is keyboard mashing at its most painful.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in PvP

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

Classes that have a true required high skill cap in no specific order after patch:

1.) Thief
2.) Engi
3.) Necro
4.) Warrior

Classes that have way too many “viable” builds that take absolutely no skill after patch:

1.) Guardian
2.) Ranger
3.) Ele
4.) Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Just play dd ele. Takes zero skill and is OP. Totally boring though.

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

The hardest class to play properly is Thief.

Most people who play Thieves play it poorly. It is very difficult to find a good Thief for a team.

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

If you want to win with no real effort-
Anything with high and frequent burning that can also tank and deal decent damage,

….
Guess I shoulda just said ele..

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

New player makes a d/d cele ele
Tell him which buttons to press, over and over and over.

Watch him faceroll his keyboard and do good.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

not really.
i have been playing for 3+ years and i still dunno how to play ele.

20 weapon skills are too much for me.

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

not really.

i honestly hope thats a joke

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

not really.

i honestly hope thats a joke

no i’m not joking.

i can’t play these professions properly:
ele, thief, guardian

others still okay.
warrior, i’m always a warrior player
necro, minion master is not hard to play
ranger, pew pew is fun
engineer, flamer and elixirs seems fun nowadays, to me anyway
mesmer, i just shoot my purple laser and they just die like that.

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

Play ele now and it’s hilariously faceroll, mostly due to healing per spell cast. I have to choose between stone heart and diamond skin based on enemies every game and that’s all I change. but maybe 5 games in and i’m feeling stronger than my main class.

@amir that’s kinda a bad way of putting it. Ideally all classes have multiple viable builds that all take skill. If you always nerf the most viable class it’s and endless cycle.

(edited by duster.7013)

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

Sometimes when I’m on ele after an outnumbered team fight, I would smh and wonder how the heck Im still alive and kickin’ it.

I main an engineer because it seemed like the most interesting class to me back in ’12. Who needs weapon swapping when I have all these cool kits and gadgets, I thought.

It’s still my favorite despite some of the changes from patch like displacing incendiary powder, power nades, power FT yet strong condi toolbelt skill, limited sources for condi or burn damage, so on and so forth….just weird traits in need of a tune-up

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

For me the easiest class to be effective with is bunker guardian. Every team needs a player who wants to bunk/remove condi and give boons to team mates. The hardest class to play and stand out is thief. Good thieves are a dime a dozen, when you have a great thief matches start to snowball since the great thief killed your good thief and then helped capped the other 2 points and everyone is sitting at there computer wondering what happened.

in PvP

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

Lol. Ranger are easy to play
So that’s why ranger are not in meta LoL…

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I am not too long in GW2 but what i feel is that thief is very hard to play against good players. Even with my only about two month in PvP thiefs have a very hard time against me. But a friend is playing a thief for very long and he is one of the realy good thief players and running together is fun. I do the decoy and he picks them one by one ^^.
I don´t know all classes well enough to say which is easiest. D/D eles are powerful but they need skill to be good. Even being not trained i will kill a d/d ele if he makes mistakes or moves not good enough. If he just jumps on me firing ring and breath with some blast finisher it will result in him burning or cripled when i fire my condi cleanse and low damage on me.
But when i encounter a good d/d ele dancing around there is no real way to win for me.

in PvP

Posted by: Sifu.9745

Sifu.9745

hardest to play? For me Elementalist, no doubt. 20 butons, 20 fingers is way to much to be as effective as i’m on my Warrior or Mesmer. One mistake and you go from 100 – 0 in 2 seconds.
Engineer is super easy if you avoid grenades: go P/P, elixirs or gadget + elixir gun and have fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Most “faceroll”? D/P Thief… Hardest to play? Celestial D/D Elementalist.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

I don’t agree DD is hardest to play, it has a high skill ceiling but it’s also dead easy to pick up and do decent with it for a new player.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

dd, 6 in fire ele (absurdly forgiving) =play piano gw2 style, collect points

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Hardest classes currently in my eyes:
Thief/Engineer

Faceroll classes:
Ranger, mesmer, elementalist, guardian

Faceroll classes that do well:
Mesmer, elementalist, guardian.

Necormancer, and warrior I consider to be middle ground in terms of difficulty.

I also want to mention that ranger feels very limited by the class design. You can reach 80-90% of the skill cap without much effort. The other faceroll classes offer way less limitations, while necro and warrior are also limited like the ranger, they are also harder, and necro has a few excellent builds currently. Also, Warrior is the most simple class, but that doesn’t make it as easy to play as some other classes in pvp, just less things to focus on, but landing those few things is critical.

in PvP

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Play scepter ele, or better, staff ele. Staff ele is neither forgiving nor easy if your enemy is not a total moron. One mistake, one late or early cast and pooof! You are dead.

Engineer is also very hard but more fun than any other profession for me.

Dp or dd thief, lb ranger and mesmer are faceroll. Especially postpatch mes and dd ele.

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i’d say d/d ele or condi stealth mesmer for most faceroll.
multi kit engi for hardest to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Login.5102

Login.5102

Necro

Is the most unforgiving class. No blocks, invulnerable, stability, vigor, or get out of jail cards that other class have built into their kits.

1 mistake or bad positioning can be curtains for a Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Dr Gonzo.6259

Dr Gonzo.6259

This is almost %100 just me being bad at warrior, but when I play warr I tend to faceroll a bit, and surprisingly down people pretty quick. I need to not use all the stances at once, (a bad habit for new warrs) just dont have the mechanical part of playing it down tbh, I main mesmer and engi which use their f1-f5 skills a lot.

Engi is definitely the least faceroll class, so many options and abilities to use and the timing required makes it really fun. My only complaint about engi is the kitten bugs with a lot of their CC (MAGNET) that can really throw you off, honestly need to play my engi more (been playing ele lately). It was kinda funny for awhile when 100k nades was around and everyone tried engi for the lol1shot nonsense, but quickly realized they couldnt play the class outside of that.

in PvP

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

From hardest to easiest:

1)Engi
2)Ele
3)Necro
4)Thief
5)Ranger
6)Guardian
7)Mesmer
8)Warrior

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Most people who play Thieves play it poorly. It is very difficult to find a good Thief for a team.

Quite true. It is why I’ve posted other messages about how in most cases, I prefer not having a thief on my team in a PUG match.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Quite true. It is why I’ve posted other messages about how in most cases, I prefer not having a thief on my team in a PUG match.

considering how bad the average thief is i’d say this is correct

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I’d definitely put thief up there with engineer for hardest class to play in pvp. Sure you can run around and never get downed, but applying pressure is such a dangerous thing, you need to know exackly when to pull out and what you need to focus on in terms of map objectives. (decap, tranq, +1, etc) A thief not fulfilling his roles is a burden to the team.

Engineer is different, there are so many builds, but some of them offer similar challenges as the thief, but with a slightly more forgiving nature, but more buttons to press. I’d say it has the higher skill cap, but lower skill floor than thief.

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

If you were to literally roll your face across f1-f4 and 1-9 (whatever keybinds you have) on a node, in a fight, by FAR the #1 build you’d be most effective on is d/d celestial elementalist. You get healed just for pressing any skill, most of your skills are aoe and dont require targeting. You have lots of built in condi clear and high protection uptime, etc.

Sources: Won fights with over 1k ping on a <100 game D/D fire cele (I was actually just pressing attunement recharges and random buttons afterwards)

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

Ranger.

Power ranger = 222222
Condi ranger = 1111111

in PvP

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

This question can’t accurately be answered.

No class on it’s own is easy or difficult to play. It all depends on the build, but each class has easy and difficult builds.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

From hardest to easiest:

1)Engi
2)Ele
3)Necro
4)Thief
5)Ranger
6)Guardian
7)Mesmer
8)Warrior

This.
Engineers used to be one of the easier classes. As they had the best recovery in the game from Healing Turret and Gear Shield on a 16 second recharge. Made a mistake on an engineer? It’s k bro, make all the mistakes you want on last meta Engineer. Obviously this meta, that is not the case.

LOL at all the scrubs winning Elementalist by mashing buttons. True story, I beat a dude on my ele by swapping attunements and mashing buttons with 1000 ping too. I was in WvW against a level 12 first time Mesmer, dem ele’s are ez class.

Here is another true story, I never lost to a bad Elementalist no matter what build or class I was using. The fact is, anyone can beat a scrub, even if you are one yourself.

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

From hardest to easiest:

1)Engi
2)Ele
3)Necro
4)Thief
5)Ranger
6)Guardian
7)Mesmer
8)Warrior

Pretty sure ranger is more faceroll than mesmer.

in PvP

infantrydiv.1620

From hardest to easiest:

1)Engi
2)Ele
3)Necro
4)Thief
5)Ranger
6)Guardian
7)Mesmer
8)Warrior

This.
Engineers used to be one of the easier classes. As they had the best recovery in the game from Healing Turret and Gear Shield on a 16 second recharge. Made a mistake on an engineer? It’s k bro, make all the mistakes you want on last meta Engineer. Obviously this meta, that is not the case.

LOL at all the scrubs winning Elementalist by mashing buttons. True story, I beat a dude on my ele by swapping attunements and mashing buttons with 1000 ping too. I was in WvW against a level 12 first time Mesmer, dem ele’s are ez class.

Here is another true story, I never lost to a bad Elementalist no matter what build or class I was using. The fact is, anyone can beat a scrub, even if you are one yourself.

True story, mine was in a high MMR queue. Saying D/D elementalist is ‘hard’ is a joke since it’s literally the easiest thing in the game to be effective on currently. Defending it when double ele is probably the most common comp in the game is also a joke. There’s no doubt that Elementalist has a high skillcap, but that doesn’t matter when you can play it like garbage and still be more effective than classes you have 10x the games on.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Surprisingly reasonable opinions in this thread.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Posted by: zinavlad.7581

zinavlad.7581

classes combo difficulty:
engi
ele
thief
guardian
mesmer
renger
necro
warrior

classes play difficulty:
hard:
engi- ele- thief
normal:
guardian-mesmer
easy:
warrior- necro-renger

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

From hardest to easiest:

1)Engi
2)Ele
3)Necro
4)Thief
5)Ranger
6)Guardian
7)Mesmer
8)Warrior

This.

True story, mine was in a high MMR queue. Saying D/D elementalist is ‘hard’ is a joke since it’s literally the easiest thing in the game to be effective on currently. Defending it when double ele is probably the most common comp in the game is also a joke. There’s no doubt that Elementalist has a high skillcap, but that doesn’t matter when you can play it like garbage and still be more effective than classes you have 10x the games on.

I’ll say it again, “anyone can beat a scrub, even if you are one yourself.”

Boast about your high MMR as much as you want, if you want to lead players to believing they can win by mashing buttons on elementalist by all means go ahead, it allows good practice on my Mesmer when I can dance circles around terrible ele players.

In the mean time maybe you should practice Necromancer, as soon as I see a Necromancer purposely eat 20 stacks of my burning, I run for my life.

in PvP

infantrydiv.1620

From hardest to easiest:

1)Engi
2)Ele
3)Necro
4)Thief
5)Ranger
6)Guardian
7)Mesmer
8)Warrior

This.

I’ll say it again, “anyone can beat a scrub, even if you are one yourself.”

Boast about your high MMR as much as you want, if you want to lead players to believing they can win by mashing buttons on elementalist by all means go ahead, it allows good practice on my Mesmer when I can dance circles around terrible ele players.

In the mean time maybe you should practice Necromancer, as soon as I see a Necromancer purposely eat 20 stacks of my burning, I run for my life.

You don’t need to even 1v1 on ele in order to carry games, rolling into a fight and kittening boons all over your team is good enough, plus you have amazing cleave with fire rotation + air/earth cc. Yes, Mesmer and Necro can kill Eles, but my point still holds that Ele is the #1 class to go to a node and spam everything and do well. Goes for both staff and D/D tbh. As long as you are pressing buttons on ele, you are putting out loads of boons, healing, aoe dps and condi removal.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Come on, dd ele is not hard, it is easy. Just like any mesmer build in this meta. And thieves… Frankly playing an engineer, or a good necro is way harder than playing a thief. Yes timing etc etc. All are important. But there are other things that other professions have.

Engineer is the hardest class. You can succesfully apply your combo and skills, but they might not in the end. TK bug is annoying. And whatever you do, you will always be mediocre at everything.

By the way, condi ranger is easier than pew pew ranger. But again there are freaks in every profession/build that can make you " HOLY kitten! HOW THE HELL DID HE DO THAT!" with their timing and moves.

in PvP

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Warrior is easy to pick up and play, and has effective skills.

…But its no longer near or at the top of the most faceroll. Warrior is probably in its 2nd weakest incarnation right now, 1st being Release.

As for Faceroll? Don’t really care for it, I just want to point out that Warrior definitely isn’t it anymore.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in PvP

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

The class easiest for beginners to play is LB/GS Power Ranger.

You don’t need to fight on point, and you can rek ppl from 1500 range.

Bring entangle for extra lols since Anet refuses to address the broken immobilize mechanics which are not working as intended (midair immob, immob presisting after the condition is removed, etc).

….and for the cherry on the sundae, give the class two utilities that provide invulnerability, a trait that applies stability below 50% hp & a signet that does the same, and the furthest gap finisher in the game so the ranger can make his escape when someone tries to roll up on him.

The class with the highest skill cap is thief. Once you master the profession, it is easily one of the most powerful professions in pvp.

There are so many intricacies that are involved with thief, that it takes a long time to know/understand them all.

Little things like aiming your camera down to heartseeker multiple times through your blinding powder without getting too far away from it.

Shadowstepping into a fight from behind cover, so when you make your getaway your back is protected.

Managing initiative and using skills to their potential instead of just using whatever skill is off of cooldown.

Knowing when to escape a fight versus knowing when to make it look like you escaped to get another free shot at spiking a foe down.

How to leave your foe baffled as to what you are going to do next, or when you are going to strike.

Knowing what professions have what items for stealing, and how you can use them to your advantage. (ie: steal from a warrior when he is using his ranged weapon)

Too much to even list in this thread.

Sadly, the class is a bit overpowered in the hands of some.

The mobility and escape is always there without sacrificing any damage potential…. you just need to know what you are doing…. because a noob will simply not be able to play the class without some extensive knowledge.

…and I doubt anyone at Anet even plays thief the way some hardcore pvp thieves do to realize just how strong a skilled thief can be.

in PvP

Posted by: Donut.6914

Donut.6914

Warrior is the easiest and hardest class to play. At low skill level, Warrior gives you the most forgiveness with high health, high armor, high dps, and skills that are easy and straightforward. At high skill level, Warrior gives you no forgiveness since the skill ceiling is so low, you have to play perfectly in order to even stand a chance against a good player of another profession.

I swung a sword. I swung a sword again. I swung a sword again—-hey hey that’s great!

in PvP

Posted by: Dead Muppet.9718

Dead Muppet.9718

Condi PU Mesmer. Easily.

in PvP

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Classes that have a true required high skill cap in no specific order after patch:

1.) Thief
2.) Engi
3.) Necro
4.) Warrior

Classes that have way too many “viable” builds that take absolutely no skill after patch:

1.) Guardian
2.) Ranger
3.) Ele
4.) Mesmer

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Surprisingly reasonable opinions in this thread.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I’ve been maining Mesmer for something close to 3 years. I don’t find it easy to play at all. Easiest, I’d say d/d ele.. you almost have to try to die.

Mesmerising Girl