Who won the balance changes?

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

I wonder how these changes will propagate for the WTS in Cologne this year.
I don’t agree with some of them, for instance engi was already powerful enough it certainly didn’t need buffing. Fresh air spam seems annoying if the ele gets the jump on you. It will most likely insta gib you.

But most of the ESL teams are adjusted to the current meta
Wonder if they’ll figure out the proper builds until the event and adjust accordingly. This is quite a drastic change before the tournament in couple of months. It would be fun to watch the outcome of this event.

in PvP

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

I say we all lose becuase we lose flexibility of making our builds and still have no idea how those missing traitline points are going to be given back to us. Hopefullly not in form “everyone gets it baseline” or i’ll scream.

Though after that leap movement change and random boon/condi conversion i’m not very hopeful..

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

Engi and teef and possibly ele

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in PvP

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

I wonder how these changes will propagate for the WTS in Cologne this year.
I don’t agree with some of them, for instance engi was already powerful enough it certainly didn’t need buffing. Fresh air spam seems annoying if the ele gets the jump on you. It will most likely insta gib you.

But most of the ESL teams are adjusted to the current meta
Wonder if they’ll figure out the proper builds until the event and adjust accordingly. This is quite a drastic change before the tournament in couple of months. It would be fun to watch the outcome of this event.

Dota2 just had their 6.84 patch little over a month ago. The patch shifted the meta quite a lot. Yet ESL One is coming up (in 2days), just a month after the patch, despite teams qualifying under the old patch.

Similarly The International (held in August) had some teams contesting for the qualifier spots just 2-3weeks after the new patch. That’s the potential spot for millions of dollars prize money at stake right after a patch.

It’s all about which teams can adjust better to the changes and still pull the results.

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

I’m saddened to see anet move the game to passive face roll to win gameplay.

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

Engi and teef and possibly ele

How can u not say mes yanim, mes gonna become a joke lol

Mes-guard-thief meta inc where everything instadies

in PvP

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Mesmer and Engi, definitely. Mesmer in particular is going to be a royal PITA, along with Thief. Loving the Blood Magic changes though.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in PvP

Posted by: Tissitra.4153

Tissitra.4153

My top 3

1. engis
2. mesmers
3. eles/thieves (tied)

Engi first just because of the sheer number of changes and the fact that they are almost all buffs. Cooldown reductions across the board (why actually? they already were in a very good place), new kit with a ton of more fields, an additional toolbelt skill (engis are the only ones who actually got a completely new skill/slot) AND they will now have good condi removal.

For mesmer, in the current state dueling (e. g. decoy trait, blind on shatter and DE) and chaos (e. g. the manipulation trait, protection on staff and PU) will probably be both taken in 80-90% of builds. Then either domination (power) or illusions (condi). Specifically, blind on shatter and IP baseline are VERY strong.

in PvP

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

1. Engi (AN child after all.)
2. Mes
3. Ele
4. Thief
5. Guard
6. Ranger
7. Warrior
8. Necro

obey me

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

2. Mes
3. Ele
4. Thief
5. Guard
6. Ranger
7. Warrior
8. Necro

This list seems about accurate from what I recall. I’m about sick of Engineer. Necros could have used that dev time to make it something other than a terribly designed sponge and #1 spam hero. Instead let’s give Engineers another f-ability and all the hugs in the world.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

2. Mes
3. Ele
4. Thief
5. Guard
6. Ranger
7. Warrior
8. Necro

This list seems about accurate from what I recall. I’m about sick of Engineer. Necros could have used that dev time to make it something other than a terribly designed sponge and #1 spam hero. Instead let’s give Engineers another f-ability and all the hugs in the world.

Anet is known for buffing things that don’t need a buff and nerfing/not touching those that do. I’m not even surprised anymore, lol.

(Also, I think it’s hilarious that after so many complains about Slick shoes, they decided to buff it even more.)

in PvP

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

I’ll list the quality of improvement from Top to Bottom (this does not indicate classes’ strength, just the overall rating on the improvement)

1. Mesmer
(so many good changes, new mechanic, cleanse, reflect, utility rework, lots of tweaks and stuffs. The guy who’s in charge with Mesmer should get a medal)

2. Engineer
(kind of overbuffing Engi really.. The new nade is crazy. Larger radius, extremely fast travel speed, causes cripple, vulnerable, burning, poison, bleed, chill in one toss.. Med kit and new Elite seems nice too)

3. Elementalist
(Lots of good QoL changes and trait rework, basically a straight buff. Lots of good traits becoming minor traits too. Basically a straight buff with no trade-off)

4. Thief
(OP Shadow Art buff. Good merges on Deadly Art. Acro becomes much more viable and wanted)

5. Necro, Guardian
(Some good tweaks and buffs overall. Guardian’s other elite skills become very potent. Group quickness +fury on a 30 cd base seems quite OP. Necro has much better synergy and lots of buff on condition spec)

6. Last place: Warrior and Ranger
(Seems lazy, not many changes. Just merge this and move that and that’s all they do. Mechanic not change much, trash skills are still trash. Warrior does get a straight buff overall but the mechanic doesn’t change a single bit. Ranger loses lots of damage modifier for no reason. Spirits still trash, traps still borderline useless)

Conclusion: Time to move back to my condition Engi since it’s Anet’s favorite child now. Why 2 of the top classes (ele and engi) need the most buffs is beyond me.

(edited by Toxsa.2701)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I’ll list the quality of improvement from Top to Bottom (this does not indicate classes’ strength, just the overall rating on the improvement)

1. Mesmer
(so many good changes, new mechanic, cleanse, reflect, utility rework, lots of tweaks and stuffs. The guy who’s in charge with Mesmer should get a medal)

2. Engineer
(kind of overbuffing Engi really.. The new nade is crazy. Larger radius, extremely fast travel speed, causes cripple, vulnerable, burning, poison, bleed, chill in one toss.. Med kit and new Elite seems nice too)

3. Elementalist
(Lots of good QoL changes and trait rework, basically a straight buff. Lots of good traits becoming minor traits too. Basically a straight buff with no trade-off)

4. Thief
(OP Shadow Art buff. Good merges on Deadly Art. Acro becomes much more viable and wanted)

5. Necro, Guardian
(Some good tweaks and buffs overall. Guardian’s other elite skills become very potent. Group quickness +fury on a 30 cd base seems quite OP. Necro has much better synergy and lots of buff on condition spec)

6. Last place: Warrior and Ranger
(Seems lazy, not many changes. Just merge this and move that and that’s all they do. Mechanic not change much, trash skills are still trash. Warrior does get a straight buff overall but the mechanic doesn’t change a single bit. Ranger loses lots of damage modifier for no reason. Spirits still trash, traps still borderline useless)

Conclusion: Time to move back to my condition Engi since it’s Anet’s favorite child now. Why 2 of the top classes (ele and engi) need the most buffs is beyond me.

Best list so far. #1 and #2 are switched on my list, but beyond that agree completely.

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

To me the vigor nerf is a massive warrior buff. (and necromancer etc, but i wanna talk warrior).

Hammer has 3 stuns. Now you can dodge two, and how you can connect the third dodge. Vigor gives you most of time enough time to breath a bit. With vigor nerf, you will definitely have to eat one of the stuns, giving warrior a free burst lock. What’s more you will have to get past warrior Signet of stamina (wich is NOT nerfed), heavy armor, most hitpoints of game (apart maybe from necro with ds), invulnerable/resistance skills, etc. Doenst look fair to me. Especially to a class that’s been leading the meta so hard (just look at Rom for what the class can do, and how hard it it’s to counter).

Unless the so called boosts (we still have to see how they play out) of other profession really buff them enough, i’m afraid boring warrior will still be leading pvp (conquest) with banners, shouts, condi removal, and all the not so fun stuff connected with it.

As for wich professions will be leading:

I see room for thief to grow (but not get overpowered as some say) in pvp. Though the engie trait lock on, might negate that completely.
Ele has some very nice specs now especially for wvw, for pvp i’m not sure, especially with celestial nerf.
Ranger has some really nice grandmaster traits now with 3-5 effects. This gives ranger more room to breath for minor/adept/master traits. Maybe some super combo’s appear. I especially see the 66% cooldown on next swap used skill as a potential dangerous pvp skills.
Engineer is getting mobility nerfed quite a bit (speedy kits). Some of the traits are real improvements. Purely traits talking though I feel it lacking as in, it used to be 100% freedom on a very flexible class on how you combined traits. Now this will be gone mostly since ‘if you have X playstyle you choose II + IV + XII’. But if you have playstyle Z you choose I + V + XI. I hope this is not true but for engineer it really seems true and a nerf of flexibility. Weapons seems like mostly an improvements, (faster bomb explosions), explosions boosting traits, etc). Grenades range (as a wvw player, where pirate ship meta makes 900 range really underpowered)is really bad, though good for spvp. To bad i don’t like spvp that much. The mortar kit seems like a huge nerfed down grenade kit, written over the slow, clunky mortar kit. I really hope it’s better then this, cause this is the only weapon engineers mostly can rely on in pirate ship wvw. Though the combo fields are very nice. (this last part might get engies into GvG meta).

Not to excited about necro’s. To much predictable changes, that dont help them to much. Like the lich form 15 sec duration now, ouch. This skill is quickly becoming a bad skill, they might as well make the animations faster, cause nr 2-5 animate to slow to justify a 15 sec duration.

Of all the healing skills in game that got boosted cooldown, i think Consume condition is the least justified one. The skill is easy to interrupt and vital for non Spectral focused builds to survive (like scepter builds). Adding longer cooldown to it is no-go, even with compensating trait. The support they get is nice though (Transfusion and blood is power).

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

I don’t know who won but I know who lost: Guardians.

in PvP

Posted by: ImdA.4701

ImdA.4701

Not precised atm, but i really hope real Dhuumfire will be back. It’ll be the best buff they can do to necro for me. o/

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

Can we get warrior a new designer please

in PvP

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Hehe yes.. Keep complaining about Engis.

We’ll just kindly overlook the rain of glory that showered Mesmers.

in PvP

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

I am tempted to vote for engi as well (also because it is my main and I read more the notes for it) but I’m a bit scared for the future.
They made so many changes to the profession that I would call it the less “stable” profession right now. Basically starting next week people will push the limit of every single traits and find some awkward synergies so that in the end engi could the most nerfed profession between next week and HoT release.

Too many changes at one time is a high risk.

in PvP

Posted by: Exile.8160

Exile.8160

Unlike Engis mesmers needed some buffs to stay in line vs thiefs. I still dont see why engis are complaining they are getting some really strong buff and yet complain of the few tweaks they got.

in PvP

skowcia.8257

Unlike Engis mesmers needed some buffs to stay in line vs thiefs. I still dont see why engis are complaining they are getting some really strong buff and yet complain of the few tweaks they got.

No. Mes dindt needed any buffs. He was already strong. Thief needed a nerf as he push out all zerk builds. Instead………lets say the faceroll getting real.

obey me

in PvP

Exile.8160

No. Mes dindt needed any buffs. He was already strong. Thief needed a nerf as he push out all zerk builds. Instead………lets say the faceroll getting real.

I agree but since they buffed thief HAVE to do the same to the mes or its going to be more of a hard counter to mesmers.

in PvP

Laraley.7695

I agree but since they buffed thief HAVE to do the same to the mes or its going to be more of a hard counter to mesmers.

Well, now you’ll have thieves still wrecking mesmers and mesmers gonna wreck every other zerker class. Good balance!

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Engi, thief and ranger got buffed a lot.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Well, now you’ll have thieves still wrecking mesmers and mesmers gonna wreck every other zerker class. Good balance!

Mesmer was never able to wreck every other zerker class to begin with. Medi guard, fresh air ele and GS warriors all have either upper hand or roughly equal with mesmers. The only reason teams take mesmer is because of portal not because it trashes all other zerker spec.

in PvP

lighter.2708

Mesmer was never able to wreck every other zerker class to begin with. Medi guard, fresh air ele and GS warriors all have either upper hand or roughly equal with mesmers. The only reason teams take mesmer is because of portal not because it trashes all other zerker spec.

that’s not true…every single build you listed, mesmer have a upper hand, except maybe medi guard

in PvP

skowcia.8257

Lets sum it up

Attachments:

obey me

in PvP

Exile.8160

that’s not true…every single build you listed, mesmer have a upper hand, except maybe medi guard

A fresh air ele can destroy a mesmer faster than a thief can IF he gets the upper hand in the fight.

in PvP

lighter.2708

A fresh air ele can destroy a mesmer fastes than a thief can IF he gets the upper hand in the fight.

how can a fresh air ele destory a mesmer….like how….mesmer can literally kit from 900 range away and kill fresh air with proc, and multi hitting skill can easy counter arcane shield and most attacks go through air 4, basically when earth 5 is gone, fresh air would be dead

mesmer literally has an easier time go against fresh air compare to thief, because thief has to be ultra careful cuz fresh air burst are way easier to land when enemy is close..

(edited by lighter.2708)

in PvP

Laraley.7695

I disagree with this. On the other hand I never stated they will continue wreck other zerker spec, but that they are going to. Compare the buffs to mesmers and the specs you listed. Lol.

in PvP

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Yep, I too believe that Thieves and Mesmers are going to keep any other non-medi Guadian zerkers out of the meta. Thief will still trump Mesmer, but just not as badly.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

(edited by Glenstorm.4059)

in PvP

Xillllix.3485

A fresh air ele can destroy a mesmer faster than a thief can IF he gets the upper hand in the fight.

not anymore, fresh air got nerfed bad.

in PvP

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

Engi/Ele/Mesmer imo.

Necro and Ranger got the worst of it imo.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

Engi, thief and ranger got buffed a lot.

and not only for you Xillllix.

wrong. !!! D/P !!! thief got buffed a lot. not just “thief”. thats silly.

i’d say the only reasonable thing from the thief side was the C&D buff.

in PvP

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

Engineer’s.. no debate

And you have to think, as If Engineer’s are direly in need of buffs for being in the meta.

LOL.

Actually engineers did need some buffs ,but only power builds that were lacking it was always better to go hybrid. I think the changes were nice so now we can really make that glass cannon that can destroy someone.

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Not really.

• Nerf: No more 10% damage modifier in Air
  • Nerf: No more Bolt to the Heart
  • Buff: No more icd; however, it’s not a real buff, since you still can do max 3 air swap in 10s anyway (the other 3 attunements have 10s cool down)

Overall, I expect Mesmer to have a much easier time vs Fresh Air

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Xillllix.3485

Ya fresh air ele nerfed by 30%. It’s an epic fail at balance, I don’t think you’ll see any of those anymore sadly

Build diversity down the mystic toilet.

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

fresh air has never beaten mesmer to begin with because of the utilities, the hp pool and the range of the weapons..

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

Starting from next update, you’ll see mesmer eating other zerkers alive. So many passive proc of conditions, free cleanse from f1~f4, free reflection that completely counters power ranger, default illusionary persona (shatter on self), chaos armor grants protection, mimic copying utility, etc, so many things. They also get a huge damage buff too, with straight phantasm and shatter damage increased.

in PvP

Xillllix.3485

Anet is taking the road of “change everything, even if it’s not broken and is the result of years of fine-tuning”. At the same time, they aren’t fixing what is totally broken (elementalist elites…)

I think it will be a mess for many months, and gradually they’ll have to rebalance all of it again more like what it used to be when the game was launched.

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

1- Mesmer
2- Engineer
3- Thief
4- Elementalist
5- Ranger
6- Guardian
7- Warrior
8- Necromancer

Mesmers recieved so much love and attention as if they were an absolutely crappy underpowered class, which wasn’t the case, at all. I’m not saying Necromancers are weak by any means, but they could have recieved so much more love than them and it would have been fairer.

Buffing Engineers, Elementalists and Thieves to a higher extent relative to all the other professions is something extremely dissapointing. I don’t think I need to say anything else that wasn’t said already regarding these professions.

Rengers have gotten some interesting sinergies such as Bark-Skin+Protective Ward or even high regen uptime without much investment. The new Allies’ Aid is awesome. Also their beastmastery line is really really good now.

Pigeonholing Warriors to be crappy Shoutbow support or Rampage one-trick ponies is exasperating to know. Most of the traits are incredibly bland with some mandatory ones that greatly reduce their build diversity. I don’t think DPS Warriors will perform better than DPS Thieves/Mesmers/Guardian/Rangers and so on.

Not much can be said of Guardians besides no buff to Shield and the inclusion of an ICD on Amplified Wrath and Might of the Protector where now well timed blocks don’t have an added reward. Scepter trait is still in a symbol line, so you better equip some weapon with a symbol along with it.

(edited by Khenzy.9348)

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

1- Mesmer
2- Engineer
3- Thief
4- Elementalist
5- Ranger
6- Guardian
7- Warrior
8- Necromancer

Mesmers recieved so much love and attention as if they were an absolutely crappy underpowered class, which wasn’t the case, at all. I’m not saying Necromancers are weak by any means, but they could have recieved so much more love than them and it would have been fairer.

Buffing Engineers, Elementalists and Thieves to a higher extent relative to all the other professions is something extremely dissapointing. I don’t think I need to say anything else that wasn’t said already regarding these professions.

Rengers have gotten some interesting sinergies such as Bark-Skin+Protective Ward or even high regen uptime without much investment. The new Allies’ Aid is awesome. Also their beastmastery line is really really good now.

Pigeonholing Warriors to be crappy Shoutbow support or Rampage one-trick ponies is exasperating to know. Most of the traits are incredibly bland with some mandatory ones that greatly reduce their build diversity. I don’t think DPS Warriors will perform better than DPS Thieves/Mesmers/Guardian/Rangers and so on.

Not much can be said of Guardians besides no buff to Shield and the inclusion of an ICD on Amplified Wrath and Might of the Protector where now well timing blocks don’t have an added reward. Scepter trait is still in a symbol line, so you better equip some weapon with a symbol along with it.

^This. My impression from reading these changes is that there was consideration only of how to modify each class, but not how to modify them in the context of all the other class changes. Judging from the changes (and watching the Ready Up stream), it sure seemed like each class had a team of dev’s working on it, and communication between the teams was minimal.

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Ele actually doesn’t receive that many buffs.

• Evasive Arcana and Elementals Attunements have always been selected together. Not a huge change
  • 10s Attunements cool down: if you go max Arcana, you will have it anyway
  • No more 30% Boons duration
  • Geomancy defend nerfed from 20% to 10%
  • Signet builds nerfed across the board
  • Fresh Air build get damage nerfed

We have traits shuffling here and there, but nothing big like a new F5, cool down reduction across the board, anti-thief/Mesmer Lock On..

My list actually is
1- Engineer
2- Mesmer
3- Thief
4- Ranger
5- Elementalist
6- Guardian
7- Warrior
8- Necromancer

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Murmaider.1805

Murmaider.1805

Thief here, I went onto the Thief forums and was lucky enough to have a floaty to swim around in the tears. I don’t get it, I’m excited. I’m hoping these changes get the fotm profession hoppers off of thief, so I can continue to enjoy the profession I chose since beta.

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Ya fresh air ele nerfed by 30%. It’s an epic fail at balance, I don’t think you’ll see any of those anymore sadly

Build diversity down the mystic toilet.

No.

Btth only added around 7% of average dps increase, it’s definitely no 20% loss lol.
Air training was maybe around 5% effective damage increase.
So, overall fresh air only lost around 12% of dps.

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Thief here, I went onto the Thief forums and was lucky enough to have a floaty to swim around in the tears. I don’t get it, I’m excited. I’m hoping these changes get the fotm profession hoppers off of thief, so I can continue to enjoy the profession I chose since beta.

why are the thieves crying? Clearly Mesmers got the the most buffs, and yet Thieves will still eat them alive. If anything, Mesmers should still be crying because with the buffs they are still hard countered by the the same popular thief class.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Murmaider.1805

Murmaider.1805

why are the thieves crying? Clearly Mesmers got the the most buffs, and yet Thieves will still eat them alive. If anything, Mesmers should still be crying because with the buffs they are still hard countered by the the same popular thief class.

I don’t know, it makes no sense to me haha

in PvP

Laraley.7695

What about the other zerker specs that will be eaten alive by mesmers?

in PvP

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Can we get warrior a new designer please

Yes please. They buffed the one thing that they should’ve outright destroyed.

in PvP

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

The necro got over nerfed once again with the devs off in la la land. Anet devs: I don’t think you know how to even play the necro let alone balance it. You nerfed one of the weakest least used classes in the game. You screwed over condi builds, we have crap sustain, and now our best heal, which is one of the most interrupted slowest most predictable heals got nerfed with literally no reason. Power builds look the exact same with some terrible group siphons (yay your team can now see a whole 50 hps a critical hit so much sustain) with some odd teleport of downed teammate crap lol) Seriously, this class will go from least represented in competitive play to non existent. Your changes are a joke, and one again demonstrat that you don’t even play this class. Incompetent. But hey your meta IS STILL THE SAME, except the most powerful classes, ele, engie, thief, and Mesmer got more powerful. YAY FOR YOU guys.