Who won the balance changes?

in PvP

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Necro definitely came in dead last. By far. If this was a race, Necromancer ran the race backwards and was disqualified. They Ride the Lightning’ed Consume Conditions, so RIP Necro.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

rangers complainers are utterly clueless. 20s aoe knockdown and a 15s aoe taunt along with various buffs to survivability and sustain will go a long way. sure, it’s not as fancy as the engie and mesmers revamps, but rangers will become skirmishing powerhouses, mark my words.

in PvP

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

rangers complainers are utterly clueless. 20s aoe knockdown and a 15s aoe taunt along with various buffs to survivability and sustain will go a long way. sure, it’s not as fancy as the engie and mesmers revamps, but rangers will become skirmishing powerhouses, mark my words.

Hmm, wonder how no-one ever say Warrior is OP when they have a 7~8 CD hammer f1 that always do AOE stun for 2 secs. Now we get an immobile version of it. Nice. Oh, and the condition “buff” is just a tuning up for new condition damage calculation, there’s not much of a damage buff for traps. They also destroy trapper runes by adding some minor direct damage on traps, which I wouldn’t expect them to do any decent damage. Basically it’s still not comparable with DH’s traps.

As for Taunt, gl using this in WvW and get your pet killed even faster XD…

Buff in sustain is nice and all, but every classes are getting that kind of treatment too, so no point highlighting ranger for this.

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Thief here, I went onto the Thief forums and was lucky enough to have a floaty to swim around in the tears. I don’t get it, I’m excited. I’m hoping these changes get the fotm profession hoppers off of thief, so I can continue to enjoy the profession I chose since beta.

why are the thieves crying? Clearly Mesmers got the the most buffs, and yet Thieves will still eat them alive. If anything, Mesmers should still be crying because with the buffs they are still hard countered by the the same popular thief class.

What about the other zerker specs that will be eaten alive by mesmers?

I honestly dont care about other zerker classes, it’s been so long Mesmer is part of meta, if it does happen this time I will enjoy it to the fullest.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: WhiteCrow.5310

WhiteCrow.5310

Engineer quite obviously. Josh Davis plays quite a bit of it to no surprise.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

Oh, and the condition “buff” is just a tuning up for new condition damage calculation, there’s not much of a damage buff for traps.

oh yeah? last I check we can stack poison now and bleeds do 33% more damage. last I checked we can stack burns now with fire trap and bonfire. traps are buffed because 3 traits were rolled into one adept, so you can go traps and quickdraw.

As for Taunt, gl using this in WvW and get your pet killed even faster XD…

you are bad.

and no, not every prof is getting buffs to sustain. not like we are.

in PvP

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Hmm, wonder how no-one ever say Warrior is OP when they have a 7~8 CD hammer f1 that always do AOE stun for 2 secs.

Cause its easy to dodge maybe…?

And the aoe stun for 2sec part is nothing else but a lie. You act like warrior always have max out adrenaline bar. In case if you dindt know either way, warrior got nerfed.

Rangers got way more in comprasion to warrior, and if we look at necros..nuff said

obey me

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Thief here, I went onto the Thief forums and was lucky enough to have a floaty to swim around in the tears. I don’t get it, I’m excited. I’m hoping these changes get the fotm profession hoppers off of thief, so I can continue to enjoy the profession I chose since beta.

why are the thieves crying? Clearly Mesmers got the the most buffs, and yet Thieves will still eat them alive. If anything, Mesmers should still be crying because with the buffs they are still hard countered by the the same popular thief class.

What about the other zerker specs that will be eaten alive by mesmers?

I honestly dont care about other zerker classes, it’s been so long Mesmer is part of meta, if it does happen this time I will enjoy it to the fullest.

Yes, because aside from thief, mesmer and medguard, all the other zerker specs were viable in the last year. Glad people don’t care about all classes having viable options.

in PvP

Posted by: Loyo.8526

Loyo.8526

Currently? necromancer isnt looking like a good contender. But I can say that Engineer is looking to receive a bunch more players into their family.

Khloe Deschanel – Human Necromancer/ Ami Ginju – Human Ranger [DOLO] -SBI
I stream sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/kidtofu/
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum”

in PvP

Posted by: Adjust.6903

Adjust.6903

I’m currently levelling my guardian for pve and PvP. How badly were they affected? Should I give up and play something else or carry on? My main is a lvl 80 engineer but haven’t paid much attention to it. My alts are mesmer, ele, ranger and necro

(edited by Adjust.6903)

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

I’m currently levelling my guardian for pve and PvP. How badly were they affected? Should I give up and play something else or carry on? My main is a lvl 80 engineer but haven’t paid much attention to it. My alts are mesmer, ele, ranger…

The main nerf to Guardian was the added 1 second ICD to the might-on-block trait. Yeah, its a bummer that you can’t stack 12 mights on a Shelter now, but this trait wasn’t build defining (look how necros got shafted in this regard). Unclear yet how build diversity will be effected, but first impressions seem to reinforce the meditation meta, although sword and scepter got shafted, mace and torch got buffed.

Ultimately, Guardian received a buff because numerous traits were consolidated, allowing more defensive options to be taken with the build-defining altruistic healing or meditation traits. Keep playing Guardian.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Hehe yes.. Keep complaining about Engis.

We’ll just kindly overlook the rain of glory that showered Mesmers.

Unlike Engis mesmers needed some buffs to stay in line vs thiefs. I still dont see why engis are complaining they are getting some really strong buff and yet complain of the few tweaks they got.

No. Mes dindt needed any buffs. He was already strong. Thief needed a nerf as he push out all zerk builds. Instead………lets say the faceroll getting real.

I agree but since they buffed thief HAVE to do the same to the mes or its going to be more of a hard counter to mesmers.

Well, now you’ll have thieves still wrecking mesmers and mesmers gonna wreck every other zerker class. Good balance!

Mesmer was never able to wreck every other zerker class to begin with. Medi guard, fresh air ele and GS warriors all have either upper hand or roughly equal with mesmers. The only reason teams take mesmer is because of portal not because it trashes all other zerker spec.

that’s not true…every single build you listed, mesmer have a upper hand, except maybe medi guard

Not sure how much time you spend on mesmer and any of the specs listed.

Go check out supcutie’s guide to mesmer and his detailed analysis on some of the matchups.

Or go check out helseth’s stream and see how he lost to ROM’s zerker warrior several times.(Both are top-notch players)

in PvP

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Kill your necro before you start to like it and then learn its huge weaknesses and begin to believe the dev’s understand and want to help. Play a meta class, which are still the best in all game modes. Ele, engie, thief, guardian, warrior, or Mesmer. That will get you a seat in PVP and wvw. In wvw the classes that are not hugely stroud on group play, are awesome roamers. Necro is a dud, but wanted in groups for two wells. That’s it. Two wells on rotation for big bombs. Nothing else now

in PvP

Gryph.8237

Kill your necro before you start to like it and then learn its huge weaknesses and begin to believe the dev’s understand and want to help. Play a meta class, which are still the best in all game modes. Ele, engie, thief, guardian, warrior, or Mesmer. That will get you a seat in PVP and wvw. In wvw the classes that are not hugely strong on group play, are awesome roamers. Necro is a dud, but wanted in groups for two wells. That’s it. Two wells on rotation for big bombs. Nothing else now

in PvP

Posted by: Adjust.6903

Adjust.6903

So I’m safe with going guardian pve, engineer general and mesmer PvP? ,:P still don’t think I could stomach levelling a mesmer looks PAINFUL

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Necro wins in my opinion.

Attachments:

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Kill your necro before you start to like it and then learn its huge weaknesses and begin to believe the dev’s understand and want to help. Play a meta class, which are still the best in all game modes. Ele, engie, thief, guardian, warrior, or Mesmer. That will get you a seat in PVP and wvw. In wvw the classes that are not hugely strong on group play, are awesome roamers. Necro is a dud, but wanted in groups for two wells. That’s it. Two wells on rotation for big bombs. Nothing else now

not anymore, wvw groups gonna tell their necros to switch to chronomancers.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Gryph.8237

not anymore, wvw groups gonna tell their necros to switch to chronomancers.

Yep. True. Necro died 3 times

in PvP

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

who wins the balance? engies. Already really strong and enjoyable, now more strong and interesting. Friend told me about 6 months ago that the balance devs were ahem, not smart about changes and turns out even tho i didnt believe him then, i believe him now. Movement changes, buffs to already really strong classes….its like wtf are they doing.

But props on mesmer changes

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Engineer clearly won; Necromancer clearly lost.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Necro definitely came in dead last. By far. If this was a race, Necromancer ran the race backwards and was disqualified. They Ride the Lightning’ed Consume Conditions, so RIP Necro.

Not even close. It would work like this if it got the RTL treatment:

Consume Conditions: Consume up to 3 conditions, for every condition consumed, restore extra health and reduce the cooldown by 5 seconds. 45 second cooldown. This skill is now a corruption skill.

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Necromancer clearly lost. While the trait lines now are much better, the blow to Consume Conditions (and plague) hurts necros harder then the benefits of the new traitlines help him.

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

I think necro belongs in a different category than the 2 you have

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

We still haven’t seen what some of the elite specializations… and although it’s not the core it does have it’s affect on the meta.

But I think Engie probubly won for the most part. (frankly I suspect grouch lol)
and ele a close second (I’m starting to see a dev related theme here…)

However Mesmer’s changes seem like they will actually put the profession in a good place. Gives a few more options vs thieves, which will likely still counter mes but at least a more even playing field is healthy for balance. And mes can now pressure a bit harder against sustain types that used to trivialize mes meta.

I am dreading things like… celestial or rampaer/sinister (if added) builds.. that take away the risk for pure reward, which outside of old PU there never really was a build like that mes could rely on. But then I guess if we’re giving every class it it’s fine if the power is up to snuff and isn’t trivialized again.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

in PvP

Gryph.8237

Flat out does not know kitten about necros. Will totally never read crap from this guy again.

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Currently? necromancer isnt looking like a good contender. But I can say that Engineer is looking to receive a bunch more players into their family.

Making an asuran Engi names to vote on

“Teef Hardcounter”
“Face Roll Two Win”
“Anet’s Baby”
“Wish You played Engi”
“Crate For Lulz”
“Not Even Trying”
“No Clue WTF I’m Doing”

Also taking suggestions as well

(edited by T raw.4658)

in PvP

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

“Teef Hardcounter”
“Face Roll Two Win”
“Anet’s Baby”
“Wish You played Engi”
“Crate For Lulz”

“De Crate Team”

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

in PvP

T raw.4658

“Teef Hardcounter”
“Face Roll Two Win”
“Anet’s Baby”
“Wish You played Engi”
“Crate For Lulz”

“De Crate Team”

“This Really Takes Skill”

in PvP

skowcia.8257

“Teef Hardcounter”
“Face Roll Two Win”
“Anet’s Baby”
“Wish You played Engi”
“Crate For Lulz”

Anets baby definitely

obey me

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

“Teef Hardcounter”
“Face Roll Two Win”
“Anet’s Baby”
“Wish You played Engi”
“Crate For Lulz”

Anets baby definitely

Anet Jr or Lil Anet, very asuran, very accurate. :P

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

“Teef Hardcounter”
“Face Roll Two Win”
“Anet’s Baby”
“Wish You played Engi”
“Crate For Lulz”

“De Crate Team”

“This Really Takes Skill”

“For Crate Justice”

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Does anyone notice warriors are more ultra braindead now?

no since wh wont convert condis to boons anymore and cele amu gets nerved? aka less powerfull shoutbows…zerker warri (bottomtier spec atm) becomes viable…braindead? I think you’re new to pvp…

Lol. me new?
you guys still have HS? Spiked armor? so… thats not braindead?

Small passive retal uptime makes the class braindead? How?

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

no since wh wont convert condis to boons anymore and cele amu gets nerved? aka less powerfull shoutbows…zerker warri (bottomtier spec atm) becomes viable…braindead? I think you’re new to pvp…

Lol. me new?

passives bro… Passive healing.. Passive retal… on top of high HP, heavy armour class…so….yea…

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

T raw.4658

“Teef Hardcounter”
“Face Roll Two Win”
“Anet’s Baby”
“Wish You played Engi”
“Crate For Lulz”

Anets baby definitely

Anet Jr or Lil Anet, very asuran, very accurate. :P

Well played

I like “Developer Player”

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

“Teef Hardcounter”
“Face Roll Two Win”
“Anet’s Baby”
“Wish You played Engi”
“Crate For Lulz”
“Not Even Trying”
“No Clue WTF I’m Doing”

ahahah this made my day!!
“NukeYourMom69”

in PvP

T raw.4658

“Teef Hardcounter”
“Face Roll Two Win”
“Anet’s Baby”
“Wish You played Engi”
“Crate For Lulz”
“Not Even Trying”
“No Clue WTF I’m Doing”

“NukeYourMom69”

That’ll get nerfed too fast. You have to pick something that’ll last.

in PvP

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Lol. me new?

passives bro… Passive healing.. Passive retal… on top of high HP, heavy armour class…so….yea…

With easy tells that requires you to fake using skills to bait dodges so you can actually hit a skilled player with one of your disables/burst skills. If you want to do well with anything other than shoutbow, it takes a lot of skill. Because with all the HP in the world, the other warrior builds are inferior to other classes. Especially in regards to berserker.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Biggest winners:

1. Thief – they get executioner (or improv) + panic strike, plus all of shadow arts (with -25% damage while stealthed), and still have so many mechanics that lack counterplay. Yes, some of their traits didn’t individually get buffed as much as other class’s, but the change in the system favors them. Also, they received the strongest buffs in the places they were ALREADY strongest…making it a compounding addition.

2. Engineer – Engineer got some incredibly OP gifts all over the place, and there are clearly going to be some broken stuff that comes out of this. They even might get a zerker spec that has a real shot b/c the might be able to survive thief (I originally said they hard-countered thief, but the combo of stealth, instant ports, blinds, and tons of evades prevents anything from truly making them irrelevant – they just go to another point and fulfill the burst role far better than another spec ever could).

Got some REALLY strong stuff relative to others:

3. Mesmer – got an insane amount of buffs to damage, and great survival options. Have strong instant-cast abilities that can be made stronger, and enough “unfair” mechanics to maybe compete. However, #1 on this list probably still makes them a fringe pick taken mostly for portal. Maybe that “illusionary defender” trait, or blind on shatter, can mitigate enough damage to make it more even.

4. Ranger – While #1 will still keep them out of the meta high level, they got even MORE ways to do a TON of burst damage from 1800 range, which will lead to much QQ. They also got some very strong condi options, but there is so much power-creep, teams will still be running mega-cleanse builds that just keep everyone clear.

5. Warrior – These guys got some super-broken stuff (have you seen berserker’s power?) and also a buffed shoutbow that now has spiked armor, more stunbreaks, and MORE cleanse. They have enough “very strong” traits all over the place they might even be able to put together another build near that same tier.

Got some good options that supplement current builds, depends on meta:

6. Ele – Ele got some great tools from their traits, and should stay very strong bruisers with d/x running arcana/water/X. There might be some other builds that can play on the fringes of the meta, but it will depend very much on how gear load-outs and amulets change. I am sad to see that no weapon/utilities were really changed, and thus pvp will stay a status-quo on that front (d/x brawlers, s/x burst only, staff tanky support)

7. Guardians – Got some VERY strong damage buffs, including smiter’s boon, which adds a LOT more sustain, condi cleanse, AND burst all at the same time. I’m not sure if bunker guard will be able to compete, but you might see burning guards in mid-tier that continue to just let lots of blocks + passive burns do their thing. Not the most buffs, could end up OP, depends on how the meta shakes up…

Not very exciting at all:

8. Necro – poor necro. They didn’t get much interesting, but MM seems like it will be very strong in mid-tier pvp once again (Anet always HAS to keep 1 AI spec in the fold >:( ). Still relies a lot on procs, and just dont’ seem to have the insane survival options other classes have. Perhaps things will shift towards a condi meta and necros can become a king. While I am not an expert necro, while reading the patch notes, there weren’t many instances where I thought “well that is terrifying/potentially game-breaking” like I thought with many other classes.

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

in PvP

Gryph.8237

Biggest winners:

1. Thief – they get executioner (or improv) + panic strike, plus all of shadow arts (with -25% damage while stealthed), and still have so many mechanics that lack counterplay. Yes, some of their traits didn’t individually get buffed as much as other class’s, but the change in the system favors them.

2. Engineer – Engineer got some incredibly OP gifts all over the place, and there are clearly going to be some broken stuff that comes out of this. They even might get a zerker spec that has a real shot b/c the might be able to survive thief (I originally said they hard-countered thief, but the combo of stealth, instant ports, blinds, and tons of evades prevents anything from truly making them irrelevant – they just go to another point and fulfill the burst role far better than another spec ever could).

3. Mesmer – got an insane amount of buffs to damage, and great survival options. Have strong instant-cast abilities that can be made stronger, and enough “unfair” mechanics to maybe compete. However, #1 on this list probably still makes them a fringe pick taken mostly for portal. Maybe that “illusionary defender” trait, or blind on shatter, can mitigate enough damage to make it more even.

4. Ranger – While #1 will still keep them out of the meta high level, they got even MORE ways to do a TON of burst damage from 1800 range, which will lead to much QQ. They also got some very strong condi options, but there is so much power-creep, teams will still be running mega-cleanse builds that just keep everyone clear.

5. Warrior – These guys got some super-broken stuff (have you seen berserker’s power?) and also a buffed shoutbow that now has spiked armor, more stunbreaks, and MORE cleanse. They have enough “very strong” traits all over the place they might even be able to put together another build near that same tier.

6. Ele – Ele got some great tools from their traits, and should stay very strong bruisers with d/x running arcana/water/X. There might be some other builds that can play on the fringes of the meta, but it will depend very much on how gear load-outs and amulets change. I am sad to see that no weapon/utilities were really changed, and thus pvp will stay a status-quo on that front (d/x brawlers, s/x burst only, staff tanky support)

7. Guardians – Got some VERY strong damage buffs, including smiter’s boon, which adds a LOT more sustain, condi cleanse, AND burst all at the same time. I’m not sure if bunker guard will be able to compete, but you might see burning guards in mid-tier that continue to just let lots of blocks + passive burns do their thing. Not the most buffs, could end up OP, depends on how the meta shakes up…

8. Necro – poor necro. They didn’t get much interesting, but MM seems like it will be very strong in mid-tier pvp once again (Anet always HAS to keep 1 AI spec in the fold >:( ). Still relies a lot on procs, and just dont’ seem to have the insane survival options other classes have. Perhaps things will shift towards a condi meta and necros can become a king. While I am not an expert necro, while reading the patch notes, there weren’t many instances where I thought “well that is terrifying/potentially game-breaking” like I thought with many other classes.

Yeah when reading I kept saying, wtf are they doing. The class in need of the most help got kittened, except for mms. I give up. Anet…. You ruined this class. Proud of it?

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Biggest winners:

1. Thief – they get executioner (or improv) + panic strike, plus all of shadow arts (with -25% damage while stealthed), and still have so many mechanics that lack counterplay. Yes, some of their traits didn’t individually get buffed as much as other class’s, but the change in the system favors them. Also, they received the strongest buffs in the places they were ALREADY strongest…making it a compounding addition.

+1 this is the feeling I have when I read the notes too, although I would put Engi over Thief for the top spot.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

“Teef Hardcounter”
“Face Roll Two Win”
“Anet’s Baby”
“Wish You played Engi”
“Crate For Lulz”
“Not Even Trying”
“No Clue WTF I’m Doing”

“NukeYourMom69”

‘Dessa Crating Nodes’ hehehehe

in PvP

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

“Teef Hardcounter”
“Face Roll Two Win”
“Anet’s Baby”
“Wish You played Engi”
“Crate For Lulz”
“Not Even Trying”
“No Clue WTF I’m Doing”

“NukeYourMom69”

‘Dessa Crating Nodes’ hehehehe

…so what prize do I win!?!

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Flat out does not know kitten about necros. Will totally never read crap from this guy again.

I’m sorry that I can see the potential in the crazy amount of builds that the Necro can have. 15 builds and counting.

Given, they may need a few tweaks here and there, but they are in a far better position than Engies, build variety wise, in my opinion.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

(edited by Dirame.8521)

in PvP

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

Mesmers are happiest and had the best designed changes

ele / engi / ranger/ mesmer got the most

Necros got obliterated and had their hopes crushed #RobertPlsFix

War got a lot too

Guardian got a good amount

Rev is yet to be available

Ranger got a TON too, but nothing OP (imo, we will have to see)

Ele got its changes in the wrong way #RobertTellKarlToFixIt
( cantrips ( tornado) should be instant, fresh air should have an icd, auras should be improved, camping should be discouraged)

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

in PvP

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

I’m sorry that I can see the potential in the crazy amount of builds that the Necro can have. 15 builds and counting.

Given, they may need a few tweaks here and there, but they are in a far better position than Engies, build variety wise, in my opinion.

Nobody cares about build variety. Everything eventually get min/maxed into a few metas. Necros may have a lot of build varieties, but they are masters of none. I was happy to see some buffs they gave to necros, but they were much needed buffs/tweaks, they weren’t “over the top why did they even do it” kind of buffs. They were buffs to a class that was in need of help.

But sadly, those buffs were overshadowed big time by unnecessary nerfs. A heal that makes you immediately more vulnerable to attacks? A bread & butter elite skill used to take heat now not only bleeds you, but stacks every second you stay in plague?! Who in their right mind thinks these are good ideas that make sense? And is there anybody out there that would all of a sudden say “omg necros too overpowered” if they took these unnecessary nerfs away? Nope, that’s just how bad these nerfs are.

in PvP

skowcia.8257

Mesmers are happiest and had the best designed changes

ele / engi / ranger/ mesmer got the most

Necros got obliterated and had their hopes crushed #RobertPlsFix

War got a lot too

Guardian got a good amount

Rev is yet to be available

Ranger got a TON too, but nothing OP (imo, we will have to see)

Ele got its changes in the wrong way #RobertTellKarlToFixIt
( cantrips ( tornado) should be instant, fresh air should have an icd, auras should be improved, camping should be discouraged)

Rev is a freekill, i would put them next to necro in terms of viability.

obey me

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I feel that while other classes got more in terms of raw power, Warrior got some cool build options. They might not be meta level, but if you like flexibility then it’s not a bad patch.

• Double Melee builds are gonna be stronger.
  • Interesting condi options with Burning Arrows and Powerful Synergy
  • Hambow is buffed
  • Potentially monstrous Physical build with Rampage
  • Unfortunatly buffed Shoutbow with a regen banner…
Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in PvP

rchu.8945

who wins the balance? engies. Already really strong and enjoyable, now more strong and interesting. Friend told me about 6 months ago that the balance devs were ahem, not smart about changes and turns out even tho i didnt believe him then, i believe him now. Movement changes, buffs to already really strong classes….its like wtf are they doing.

Mesmer changes look good on paper, but let’s not forget Anet gave even more love to thieves. In the end, Mesmers still going to be suboptimal, and not really inclusive in the meta classes because thieves will still own them.

Engineers didnt need any buffs, the lock-on trait should be given to more classes, such as Mesmer that has a hard time against thieves.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Mesmer changes look good on paper, but let’s not forget Anet gave even more love to thieves. In the end, Mesmers still going to be suboptimal, and not really inclusive in the meta classes because thieves will still own them.

Engineers didnt need any buffs, the lock-on trait should be given to more classes, such as Mesmer that has a hard time against thieves.

Mesmer and engi received the biggest buffs in the game. Shatter is going to be insane.

in PvP

rchu.8945

Mesmer and engi received the biggest buffs in the game. Shatter is going to be insane.

still cant compete against Thief for a meta spot, so Mesmer remains borderline irrelevant. Thief’s buffs just made them even better at its role, and more effective in killing Mesmers.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer