leaderboard paradoxon

leaderboard paradoxon

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

[URL=http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=b16c07-1427512443.png]

I don´t understand how people with 30 more losses and same amounts of wins can be that far ahead in leaderboards. There are actually many people with worse stats and even less wins that are ahead of me.

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

leaderboard paradoxon

in PvP

Posted by: Lexiceta.4156

Lexiceta.4156

Based on points not wins i see 70 points to your 50, seems simple to me

leaderboard paradoxon

in PvP

Blackjack.5621

Seems simple to me that someone who loses less should have more points.

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner

leaderboard paradoxon

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Anet want a points system not a competitive system for whatever reason. Nobody knows why, but it is a design decision they made. It is what it is at this point tbh.

I see the merits of a points system like they have. I expect it drives volume. The problem is physcological in that if people dont care about their position then they wont try hard.

I think keep the points leaderboard system but let us view our personal mmr

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

leaderboard paradoxon

in PvP

Posted by: SirMadman.8429

SirMadman.8429

Arena want that: u have to play spvp to get some points not only win’s.
The top players was playing only 2 or 3 times in week for 5-8 games. Now they have to play more often. There is no points ,or glory when pre-made win against randoms.
It is not pervect, but better then first leatherboard.

leaderboard paradoxon

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

There are actually many people with worse stats and even less wins that are ahead of me.

Enjoy your guildwars.

Arena want that: u have to play spvp to get some points not only win’s.
The top players was playing only 2 or 3 times in week for 5-8 games. Now they have to play more often. There is no points ,or glory when pre-made win against randoms.
It is not pervect, but better then first leatherboard.

It isn’t better – it’s absolutely worse. I have no idea how someone can consider this implementation anything short of terrible.

Leman

leaderboard paradoxon

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

Not really.

If you run full premades you shouldn’t be rewarded the same as someone who solo queues point wise.

leaderboard paradoxon

in PvP

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

Not really.

If you run full premades you shouldn’t be rewarded the same as someone who solo queues point wise.

What is the argumentation behind that?

leaderboard paradoxon

in PvP

Posted by: Tranassa.4968

Tranassa.4968

[URL=http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=b16c07-1427512443.png]

I don´t understand how people with 30 more losses and same amounts of wins can be that far ahead in leaderboards. There are actually many people with worse stats and even less wins that are ahead of me.

I assume from a mathematicaly point you understand this pretty well.

But i think you are right, it feels wrong!
Leaderboard with solo players AND teams can’t work IMO.
Maybe you guys should receive extra points based on your “position” is the ESL/WTS tournaments?! To get you into the spot where you should be.

I’m playing on EU
Automated Tournaments!

leaderboard paradoxon

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

im pretty sure by now that they google : “how to make leaderboards” and from what they found so far thats what we get…

leaderboard paradoxon

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Not really.

How can a solo player reach the same winrate as someone who only queues with premades? It’s very difficult to do so when you can’t influence what people you get on your team, your team composition and you have no voice communication. And such solo players face premades that just farm them. Obviously not all but not separating solo and team queue will always have to be reflected somewhere.

leaderboard paradoxon

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

I think it looks simple to anyone except for anet….

and they’re still wondering why pvp community is slowly going to hell day after day…

Ark 2nd Account

leaderboard paradoxon

in PvP

rotten.9753

How can a solo player reach the same winrate as someone who only queues with premades? It’s very difficult to do so when you can’t influence what people you get on your team, your team composition and you have no voice communication. And such solo players face premades that just farm them. Obviously not all but not separating solo and team queue will always have to be reflected somewhere.

But you need other people to be online as well (organisation) and the system still prefers pairing up premades so your queue times are much higher. Playing as a team in a team game should have some incentive.

leaderboard paradoxon

in PvP

Laraley.7695

But you need other people to be online as well (organisation) and the system still prefers pairing up premades so your queue times are much higher. Playing as a team in a team game should have some incentive.

Yeah, but that doesn’t mean it’s not harder to win for a soloqer than for premades. Or you know, just bring back soloq.

leaderboard paradoxon

in PvP

Posted by: Damsel Delilah.9084

Damsel Delilah.9084

Not really.

Yes you should, you shouldn’t be held back for playing as a team in a TEAM game, just because someone else wants to be casual.

Demise – Elementalist/Warrior
We Have No Creativity [FML]- r.i.p. 2013
http://www.twitch.tv/attuneddemise

leaderboard paradoxon

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

this.

In a nonkittened system ppl lose points if they lose a match. But it seems anet wants to stay exxxxtra casual and donst mind if the majority of the pvp-ers with any competitive sense quit sPvP or even the game…

But hey! we gonna have guild ladder in HoT!!!
Q: Use the leaderboard system from GW1 or make a new sad s*t like we usually do?
A: Ofc make new sad s*t ppl like new things!!!

leaderboard paradoxon

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Not really.

No it shouldnt be reflected anywhere. In order for teams to form you need to encourage making premades. And i say this as someone who has mainly solo and duo queued the whole of gw2. Or if i premade its without ts, without a comp etc. And i still understand why people who play in premades should be rated at the top. The health of the game depends on it

leaderboard paradoxon

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Not really.

No it shouldnt be reflected anywhere. In order for teams to form you need to encourage making premades. And i say this as someone who has mainly solo and duo queued the whole of gw2. Or if i premade its without ts, without a comp etc. And i still understand why people who play in premades should be rated at the top. The health of the game depends on it

The health of the game is already jeopardized when premades reach the top by farming pugs, in a perfect system a premade would only face other premades with the top positions as a prize.

Right now a premade made up of top 100 players ( I’m simply considering the leaderboard position) will face pugs coming from the 80-90% percentile instead than facing other “top” premades.

This is why you always see the same 8-10 teams during the ESL cup with the same 20 players who switch team.

If they don’t want to separate solo and teams, then they should make so that teams always face teams and stay in the top position

Let’s say all premades occupy the top 500 positions, then the remaining 500 would be occupied by soloers and those who want to reach higher would have to create another premade.

Out of all premades in the top 100, you are bound to find 2-3 teams able to compete in ES, meanwhile the soloers ,those who don’t reach the top 500 positions, are happy because they can have decent matches with players of their same MMR

leaderboard paradoxon

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Not really.

Yeah, then no one will play the game but only a few premades. I never said they shouldn’t be on top, I’m just simply stating if ANet wants to have soloqers and premades in the same queue, they will have to reflect it somewhere otherwise it would be completely unfair. Do you think people will play the game if they soloq and they know they can’t do anything to be better than premades? I do not think so. Not everyone wants spend so much effort and energy into getting a team and not be able to play when other 4 players are not online.

leaderboard paradoxon

in PvP

rotten.9753

The health of the game is already jeopardized when premades reach the top by farming pugs, in a perfect system a premade would only face other premades with the top positions as a prize.

Right now a premade made up of top 100 players ( I’m simply considering the leaderboard position) will face pugs coming from the 80-90% percentile instead than facing other “top” premades.

This is why you always see the same 8-10 teams during the ESL cup with the same 20 players who switch team.

If they don’t want to separate solo and teams, then they should make so that teams always face teams and stay in the top position

Let’s say all premades occupy the top 500 positions, then the remaining 500 would be occupied by soloers and those who want to reach higher would have to create another premade.

Out of all premades in the top 100, you are bound to find 2-3 teams able to compete in ES, meanwhile the soloers ,those who don’t reach the top 500 positions, are happy because they can have decent matches with players of their same MMR

Maybe it’s because there are not enough premades because forming teams is just not worth it (too much organisation issues)?

leaderboard paradoxon

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

It’s not easy find a solution when the queue is shared, because there are different interests

There are people who want to go only solo or duo and they want to compete for the leaderboard and there are people who want to play only in a team and they don’t accept there are soloers who grind hundreds of games and are above them in leaderboard.

leaderboard paradoxon

in PvP

Posted by: Zerwan.9176

Zerwan.9176

Do you think people will play the game if they soloq and they know they can’t do anything to be better than premades? I do not think so. Not everyone wants spend so much effort and energy into getting a team and not be able to play when other 4 players are not online.

Could you tell me one thing? Ain’t it logical for you that PvP should promote TEAM play? If you are to lazy to spend “so much effort end energy into getting a team” you shouldn’t think about being on the top of leaderboard. Simply, ain’? it?

leaderboard paradoxon

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Do you think people will play the game if they soloq and they know they can’t do anything to be better than premades? I do not think so. Not everyone wants spend so much effort and energy into getting a team and not be able to play when other 4 players are not online.

Could you tell me one thing? Ain’t it logical for you that PvP should promote TEAM play? If you are to lazy to spend “so much effort end energy into getting a team” you shouldn’t think about being on the top of leaderboard. Simply, ain’? it?

Yeah, I said some people. Others have different reasons, you’re not the one who can judge them. Of course you can make everyone who only playes soloq quit pvp and play against the same few teams over and over. Solo player doesn’t really have a much of a choice, there are no arenas. If you want them to leave the game, then give an advantage solo players can’t overcome. Or I don’t know, maybe don’t mix soloq and teamq? That was a pretty good system.

And once again, I never said anything about team players not being on top. But let’s not act like it’s difficult for them to win matches.

leaderboard paradoxon

in PvP

Posted by: Fatherbliss.4701

Fatherbliss.4701

Assuming the system calculated points in a way that could account for excellent games, closely aligned comps, player skill, win to loss ratio wouldn’t be as important as points. Really hard to convince us as players that anything other than straight up wins is going to be meaningful.

Leader of Goats of Thunder [GOAT]
Tarnished Coast: Bringing the Butter to you (no pants allowed)

leaderboard paradoxon

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

[quote=4928352;SobeSoul.6910:]

leaderboard paradoxon

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Not really.

What lol. This is suppossed to be a competitve game. Take your gaming welfare and shove it where the sun doesn’t shine. We don’t all get trophies for participating princess. I am fine with people with a respectable win percetnage that solo 100% doing well on the leaderboard but not people in the 40-45% win range grinding there way into the top 100-200. Regardless we shouldn’t have to play the game like its a job to get high on the leaderboard regardless of what you think about group and solo queued together. Get serious and stop trolling.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

leaderboard paradoxon

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

Not really.

What lol. This is suppossed to be a competitve game. Take your gaming welfare and shove it where the sun doesn’t shine. We don’t all get trophies for participating princess. I am fine with people with a respectable win percetnage that solo 100% doing well on the leaderboard but not people in the 40-45% win range grinding there way into the top 100-200. Regardless we shouldn’t have to play the game like its a job to get high on the leaderboard regardless of what you think about group and solo queued together. Get serious and stop trolling.

Nice usage of the strawman fallacy, but I never said anything about someone with a 40-45% winrate. The only person trolling is you.

leaderboard paradoxon

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Did you play more before or after the update on Friday? Before the change, losing did not remove points often enough. This will even out over the remainder of the season.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

leaderboard paradoxon

in PvP

Blackjack.5621

Did you play more before or after the update on Friday? Before the change, losing did not remove points often enough. This will even out over the remainder of the season.

Ok then it is just this bug , didnt know about it. That makes sense now.

Thank you

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner

leaderboard paradoxon

in PvP

Posted by: Judge.1923

Judge.1923

does that mean if we were supposed to lose points prior due to losses, that now when we win sometimes we will not see changes? Asking as this morning 5 wins and haven’t seen a shift.

leaderboard paradoxon

in PvP

Posted by: Flyphish.6398

Flyphish.6398

I am playing more and I like the changes. I “feel” the effects of wins and losses more directly. However, it should have been accompanied by a leaderboard reset. (I also understand those that grinded to the top would be annoyed their progress was wiped.)

leaderboard paradoxon

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Not really.

Yeah, then no one will play the game but only a few premades. I never said they shouldn’t be on top, I’m just simply stating if ANet wants to have soloqers and premades in the same queue, they will have to reflect it somewhere otherwise it would be completely unfair. Do you think people will play the game if they soloq and they know they can’t do anything to be better than premades? I do not think so. Not everyone wants spend so much effort and energy into getting a team and not be able to play when other 4 players are not online.

You must be new to pvp. Team queue has always had duo queuers in it for the whole life of the game. So you have been proven wrong but factual stuff which happened in the past. They used to have only one sort of queue and people still solo and duo queued in it. Alot in fact. They prefered the old leaderboards because when they did play as a premade they could see how far they moved up etc.