[merged] The Skyhammer Thread

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

thief is worst in skyhammer. rollback kills u, scrorpion is bullsheet compered to cc effect. bow evade kills u, sword evade kills u

I refise to play on skyhammer that why i waste 1/5 of my pvp time becouse of mapool. But not only my time but also other 9 players.

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

A Mesmer with a focus is utterly broken on this map.

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

Engineer with Accelerant-Packed Turrets is definitely more broken than Mesmers.

in PvP

Posted by: the sober ninja.6539

the sober ninja.6539

thief is worst in skyhammer. rollback kills u, scrorpion is bullsheet compered to cc effect. bow evade kills u, sword evade kills u

I refise to play on skyhammer that why i waste 1/5 of my pvp time becouse of mapool. But not only my time but also other 9 players.

Bro, thief is one of the best skyhammer classes…. you just gotta do it right.

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom Master.9582

Phantom Master.9582

Just remove it arena net, or make that the players who are brave enough to play elementalist not be able to get this map Via solo Q. It is unfair it gives the advantage to some classes while ignoring others. This concept is absolutelly disgusting and NEEEDS fixing. It forces unbalacement with the classes.

R80 Mesmer- Inquisitor Amena
Eternity~!

in PvP

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

yes pls delete this crap of map finaly…
less fun, most bad map ever.

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

Evan, since we all know devs will never take out skyhammer out of rotation can you take 5 minutes to code either one of these things?

• Add a checkbox next to solo queue button “Please not skyhammer”
  • When a queue pops instead of randomly choosing 1 map, choose 2 and 10 players vote which one to play.

I believe in you <3

in PvP

Acandis.3250

Thinking about it, if the game randomly chose 2 maps instead of 1 every pop it would be the ideal situation for all people since everyone has different likes and dislikes.

Also, I know it would take more than 5m, but I think the majority of the community would love for this to happen.

in PvP

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

Beyond the pulls, knockbacks, and launches near the cap points on skyhammer, the biggest problem is the secondary mechanic – the cannon. It is so powerful, that it immediately mandates at least one to two people push it when it gets taken by the other team. On top of this, it is FAR too easy to push people off of the hammer platform. It’s especially frustrating when playing solo que because certain classes just preform better in confined areas. In a random environment like solo que, you just can’t rely on your teammates to do anything productive (since most players are absolutely dumb and know very little about rotations), so you end up pushing hammer on a class that needs room to breath – thus losing the match because of trollhammer.

in PvP

Posted by: Absinth.6917

Absinth.6917

Trollhammer vs Cheese Watch….GO!

Actually not a bad idea, Acandis.

Potential For An Esport [NONE]

Haiku FTW

in PvP

Phantom Master.9582

+1 I love you man! <3

Eternity~!

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

The second one is perfect.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Acandis.3250

a little poll i started a while ago… gonna leave it here again. Feel free to put it up in the OP.

http://strawpoll.me/737903

in PvP

Posted by: TNoD.8143

TNoD.8143

Lord Vrael [ÆÆÆÆ] – Borlis Pass

in PvP

Posted by: Redmist.9523

Redmist.9523

None enjoys, cares about winning or losing on this map, wants to be queued for it, plays a normal build.
I’m about to quit simply because this map, sounds like too much but it is.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowtech.5071

Shadowtech.5071

Sorry, from what I read the map has to go. As much as the concept may seem fun after a while it just kitten es people off, makes them quit and rage. It was a great concept but im sorry it has failed the test of time and use. No one likes this map anymore. No One.

Catastraseed – Guardian / Keytuura – Engineer
[GoA] Guardians of Äsgard
Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: Absinth.6917

Absinth.6917

The thing about Trollhammer is that most people, myself included, have a particular build just for this ONE map. Heck I have a toon that I only log onto for this map. If that doesn’t tell the devs how bad the map is then nothing will. Yeah it is fun knocking people off the ledges, pulling people to their deaths and such, but c’mon man this is a stupid map – end of story. Relegate this piece of sadomasochistic nonsense to hotjoin already.

As for Cheese Watch the game is won too easily by the team with a dedicated bunker who does nothing but run the orb. Protect that guy and so long as you have one point you will usually win. Again – relegate it to hotjoins.

In the end please make both solo queue and team queue consistent in regards to the maps played. That is really all we are asking for.

Potential For An Esport [NONE]

Haiku FTW

in PvP

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

Skyhammer is fun. Takes lot more skill than other maps.

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

in PvP

Posted by: Veteran Oakheart.4035

Veteran Oakheart.4035

No Stunbreaker, No Stability, this is madness …

or is it ?…

Attachments:

Spirit Spammer Joe – Legend x2 (S1) ~ GW 2005-2007 best gaming experience~
www.youtube.com/user/stephnbf
www.twitch.tv/veteran_oakheart

in PvP

Posted by: yolosmurf.8052

yolosmurf.8052

This map is entirely broken through stealth!

stealth pull and other stealth CC are impossible to see (just as team stealth to pop people is OP) and rewarded with instant death of the opponent.

This really is the pit of risk reward.

I really dont understand why they made the holes all instant death traps – would be fine if you would jnust drop to somewhere else and have to walk back.

And cannon room….
I dont know i feel like the designer knew this was a bad idea in general but was told to do it anyway so he just went completely kittening overboard with instant death traps on cannon out of defiance. (ill show you whos right whatever).

Like literally there are no walls – you can fall to your death at any time.. hmmm better place 4 MORE breakable floors xDDD

Its just so overkill its ridiculous.

Lulz were had but yea – stealth breaks the map.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

The only one map where low skilled players have a chance.

^ this..and anet loves it, you know…some serious casual friendly kitten right there folks..and they still talk bout esphatz….roflmao

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: B Rad.5416

B Rad.5416

This map is the worst pvp map I’ve seen in any mmo, who are your testers anet? A bunch of trolls?

B Rad 80 Thief | Scrúbs 80 Guardian | Aquaholic 80 Elementalist |
Keyser Soze 80 Warrior | Muted 80 Mesmer | Crim De La Crim 80 Necro |
Server: Jade Quarry

in PvP

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

No Stunbreaker, No Stability, this is madness …

or is it ?…

You know, mate, you don’t need those. You just need to stun/Throw/Knock-away/Whatever-CC-that-feed-people-to-sand-worms BEFORE your opponent does.

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Anet could increase the size of nodes and control panel to discourage cc spam and improve balance between classes (in this map)
- Point B could have 2x or 2,5x the actual size.
- Point A and C could have 3x or 3,5x actual size.
- Control Room could have 3,5x or 4x actual size.

in PvP

Phantom Master.9582

Changes that I would make :

-Glass floor would no longer breaks when being stood on.
-Destroyed glass floor by skyhammer stays destroyed for twice as long.
-Skyhammer shots could now be dodgable.

This map gives advantage to some classes that shouldn’t have it, it forces dis-balance into a worse state than it is.

Eternity~!

in PvP

Posted by: Alex.5349

Alex.5349

Elementalist here. I don’t need to explain how unfair it is again, right?

in PvP

Posted by: Alex.5349

Alex.5349

Anet could increase the size of nodes and control panel to discourage cc spam and improve balance between classes (in this map)
- Point B could have 2x or 2,5x the actual size.
- Point A and C could have 3x or 3,5x actual size.
- Control Room could have 3,5x or 4x actual size.

^Every node bigger.

No holes in the ground near nodes, it’s kind of a nice feature, but NOT near nodes.

Change the Skyhammers damage to % health.. I get 13k damage as Ele, why do Elementalists get punished harder by something undodgeable then ANY other class in the game? Why do Elementalists get downed from 1 shot ( or so near, that the remaining health was already gone due to AoE’s and conditions ) while Warriors can take 2 hits and still stand??? It’s badly designed, change it.

If all this gets attention. Then maybe, maybe this map would be decent enough for tournaments.

( What are they waiting for again? They seem to fix anything game breaking in PvE super quickly, but PvP gets nearly no attention. This is game breaking. Literally spoiling the fun for SoloQers. they eventually, just what I sometimes do, just go for TeamQ, sole reason being no Skyhammer map.
( Don’t forget that there could also be, and probably is, a thread about how unbelievably unthinkable it was that you apparently agree solo people should be able to join a TEAM tournament. ))

in PvP

Posted by: Stievie.6128

Stievie.6128

I honestly get that Anet doesnt want to remove skyhammer because some people like it , but please for the rest of us give us the option to not que for this map in soloque. Honestly this map is a piece of kitten when it comes down to competive play and im getting sick of relogging onto troll chars whenever the que says skyhammer.

so please give us the option, like any competive or even non competive pvp game does to not que for certain maps.

in PvP

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

im getting sick of relogging onto troll chars whenever the que says skyhammer.

Seriously? just refuse the game and stay in queue, Skyhammer avoided!

switching to “troll chars” makes you part of the problem, not the solution

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in PvP

Posted by: Andyzorr.2175

Andyzorr.2175

This kittenty map should be allowed only for hotjoin games, just like raid on the capricorn.

in PvP

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

Agreed that it’s a problem, but while skyhammer is part of rated play, it is a part of the meta. That means that ‘troll’ builds aren’t just good for being annoying/cheesy, they are hands down the best way to compete on that map.

Don’t get me wrong, I hate the idea of lowering myself to using knockback trash play too, there’s definitely a place for playing like that, but that place is Mario party, not guild wars. I want pure, cheeseless pvp, but what is the point of playing by ‘pure pvp’ rules when nobody else is and they are doing much better because of it.

TLDR: remove skyhammer = remove the need for troll builds

in PvP

GrandmaFunk.3052

ya, because before they added Skyhammer, there were never any troll/cheese builds in pvp.

:/

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in PvP

azuzephyr.7280

Well definitely much less in tpvp, yes. Now that there is actually a reason to want a troll knockback build because of skyhammer, they are much more common, at least that what I’ve seen in my experience.

in PvP

Posted by: Maximka.4128

Maximka.4128

I did 8 runs last night in TeamQ going there solo. All 8 times both teams were either PUG or small teams. It was popping up instantly, I haven’t enjoyed Spvp for a long time and that was a blast. It makes a lot of sense to go TeamQ instead of SoloQ to avoid Skyhammer and Spirit Watch.

in PvP

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

Refusing to play makes you part of the problem. “Troll Chars” are people playing to the map. It’s not my fault if you run the same build you would on Khylo. If you take the time to make a character designed to own on that map, you’ll actually come to like it. No, you don’t have to be an engineer. You can literally be any class and do amazing. I had a guy who ran warrior and he wasted my kitten while I was on my “OP engineer”. Play the map as intended or stop complaining about it.

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

I soloq only because skyhammer is one of the possible map! best map eva! so fun lol. so troll.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

GrandmaFunk.3052

btw: I happily play Skyhammer whenever it comes up, whether I am on my necro or my ranger.

OP, however, actively dislikes the map and his use of “troll” implies to me that he’s not joining it in good faith but simply to grief other players because they “dare” to play/enjoy the map that he does not.

He wants it removed from his queue, I told him the most simple way of accomplishing the same effect.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

They need to delete necromancers first, then we will talk about “cheese”.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Actually I think this could work. There are a lot of games where you queue up for as many or as few different maps as you’d like.

Of course, it increases your chances of getting a wider range of MMRs in your match if you only queue for one or two maps. But I think most people would queue for at least three or four different maps if given a choice.

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

If you really dislike Skyhammer, try going TeamQ, especially if you can rope in a friend to queue with you. Who knows, maybe it will work better for you

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in PvP

Posted by: TNoD.8143

TNoD.8143

If you really dislike Skyhammer, try going TeamQ, especially if you can rope in a friend to queue with you. Who knows, maybe it will work better for you

Oh you mean wait for 10-15 minute queues to go up against 5man teams on voip, just because you’re already in the top 100 in team queue by casually pugging it every couple nights?

No. Get kittenhammer out of solo queue or give us an option not to play that trash. There’s nothing competitive about skyhammer, the team with the most troll builds wins, and I don’t enjoy using troll builds. Are you saying that because of one map, I should be playing classes/specs I do NOT enjoy; simply to win?

Lord Vrael [ÆÆÆÆ] – Borlis Pass

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

I love Skyhammer being an ELE,,,it’s the only map we have a chance lol

I’m assuming you’re running rock solid + tornado? Because even with those things Ele’s can’t even get REMOTELY close to Guardians, Engineers and Necros when it comes to making enemies fall to death.

in PvP

Posted by: Dark Soldier.5107

Dark Soldier.5107

As an avid pvp’er I just wanted to add my 2 cents about this map. I am totally sick of it. Matches on it are not about player skill, they are about who can abuse the layout of the map more.

I cannot count the times I have been stealth pulled onto a breakable panel or pushed/feared off the edge of the map. This is not fun nor enjoyable for all but the most casual of pvp player.

You are almost certainly guaranteed to lose the match if you are not willing to run a build which also abuses the map mechanics which I feel is very detrimental to the pvp community as a whole.

I fee like I can’t work on and improve my pvp skills on this map because so many fights come down to who can position themselves to punt the other player off the map first.

Also, the hammer is way too powerful. It should either A) have reduced damage, or B) be dodgeable to make it come into line with the trebuchet on Khylo.

I know that it’s not as simple as just removing a map from the rotation for various political and software related reasons, but if the map was modified to tone down the hammer and make it impossible or much harder to push people off the map, I think the pvp community would be much happier.

Every time I queue up, I dread that the map I will have to play on is skyhammer.

Anet please do something to fix skyhammer. It is slowly killing the pvp portion of your game.

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

I know that it’s not as simple as just removing a map from the rotation for various political and software related reasons

Actually it is. ANet took it out of Team Queue easily enough.

in PvP

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

I appreciate it took time and effort to make the map, but whoever designed it should be honest enough to admit that it’s not suitable for tournament. It’s hurting the game a lot being left in there. Solo Que would be way more popular without it, and one thing this game desperately needs is more active pop.

in PvP

Posted by: josh.7390

josh.7390

The stupidest part is, that you can run full bunker and literally 1shot ppl with a knockback.. np! its not like we alrdy have an invasion of frking bunker engis in teamq

in PvP

azuzephyr.7280

There is a soloQ hero necro at rank 63 in the Eu servers, consistently top scorer on skyhammer, but omg watching him play on other maps makes me cringe.

It’s infuriating that he is getting so many points on skyhammer, sometimes at my expense, but at the same time I do look on at them and think that it’s probably for the best that they aren’t on my team. They really, really need to take Skyhammer out of solo que

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

Idea:
-remove glass on side points and make walls so cc can not kill
-keep glass on canon for cc freaks

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in PvP

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Just rolling in to say I hate Skyhammer.

I mean sure, you get some of the way with skills; Position yourself correctly, get stability, get some knockbacks, pulls, fears. Try dodging any CC skills. From there? Utter kitten. You can’t have any decent duel on the map. I play PvP to duel people, show that I’m skilled enough to take someone down and outsmart other players. Sure, this involves CC. But CC being the deciding factor in most battles. No thanks please. Especially not without the ability to save builds.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

in PvP

Posted by: Eremus.4506

Eremus.4506

Hate this map sooooo much. Especially against 3+ engineers. I would be much happier if it would be taken out of the solo q.