please get mesmers out of pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Aylpse.6280

Aylpse.6280

Anet, can Mesmers get a longbow in HoT please? Rather then summon & shatter it should just shoot clones across that map. I mean, they can have wings now right? I want to see them fly.

Taking the higher moral ground since 1993.

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Not sure if serious but i trash a mesmer 1v1 on ranger lol

[WM]give us in game ladder

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Greatsword – single target damage, slow. POINTLESS
Sword – single target damage. target dodges, goes invisible. POINTLESS
Entangle – Thief and Mesmers completely immune to my control. POINTLESS

Everything quoted above is wrong.

your cleave still works on sword and greatsword.

Entangle does not require a target.

Instead of lamenting that players go invisible, wait for them to become visible (since they cannot attack you while invisible), then lay into them with root / [insert damaging skill here].

Lay traps. Use AOE skills. You have lots of things at your disposal. Learn to use them.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Posted by: Zarathustra.1458

Zarathustra.1458

On another note, why the hell are you complaining about mesmer stealth! If you need to complain about stealth, than offhand dagger (IIRC) for thieves is what you need to be arguing against!

in PvP

Posted by: Centurion.7296

Centurion.7296

Like always another very entertaining remove [xxxxx] profession thread where a troller tries to convince us that a profession must be deleted based completely on flawed knowlegde of the game, the profession they want to see removed and even the profession they claim to play! XD

Tip: It seems that almost all “remove [xxxxx] profession threads” are made by trollers that gets some sick pleasure out of this or its someone who really cant beat a certen class because of luck of skill( in the game or maybe just a certen playstyle)

There is no such thing as an OP class or a OP profession, there are only good players, nothing less nothing more. Every profession has its weakness and strong points as well as every build has its weakness and strong points but dont ever say a build or a profession is OP because there is no such thing. As they say; seek the problem in yourself first before you go out and look for problems in others.

in PvP

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

My main problem doesn’t lie with invisibility itself but the untargeting it does. The big advantage THEY have, is they have the luxury of keeping me targeted throughout an entire fight.

Right next to your #2 Longbow skill, which deals massive damage to glassy characters and has a channel that tracks through stealth is…

Hunter’s Shot.
Which puts you in stealth.
You.
You get stealth!

Also, two slots away from that is a skill that puts down a 360-radius DoT. This’ll give you something to do when your target is hiding.

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

in PvP

Posted by: Judge.1923

Judge.1923

Its funny, cause as a primary Mesmer. I cringe when I think of ranger, especially two of em. Rapid fire alone, takes half my health, let alone can’t stealth away from it.

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

There is no such thing as an OP class or a OP profession, there are only good players, nothing less nothing more. Every profession has its weakness and strong points as well as every build has its weakness and strong points but dont ever say a build or a profession is OP because there is no such thing. As they say; seek the problem in yourself first before you go out and look for problems in others.

There is such a thing as an OP profession. I can point to quite a few in the past.

Now, I would argue we don’t have any OP professions right now, but they definitely were a thing.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Zarathustra.1458

Zarathustra.1458

There is such a thing as an OP profession. I can point to quite a few in the past.

Now, I would argue we don’t have any OP professions right now, but they definitely were a thing.

We certainly have underpowered ones currently, namely the class this thread is primarily concerned with…

in PvP

Posted by: Coedeax.2567

Coedeax.2567

no only real, fair, balanced classes. warrior, guardian, ranger, engineer..

Please create yourself an “unfair” Mesmer and get yourself a Shatterbuild. We can search ourselves an empty server, then you can pit your Mesmer against my LB Pew Pew Ranger. I Gurantee you that you willl lose every single duel

no i don’t wear womens clothing, thank you..

O.O

See, this, to me, says that you have bigger issues than “mes 2 op, plz remove anet”

Since when does a mesmer wear “womens” clothing?

Are you referring to the profession’s general theme being purple?

Or the fact that when we shatter, we create butterflies?

It’s not FAIR!

in PvP

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

ye mesmers are way too oped every team in wts runs at least 2 of them !! nerf !! now!!!

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

Clone production needs nerf
Greatsword too easy

/thread

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Clone production needs nerf
Greatsword too easy

/thread

/s

FTFY

in PvP

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

I don’t think I’ve ever used a ranger build that felt especially weak against mesmers, and I’ve used a fair few.

One of the biggest advantages you have is your pet. If you tell it to attack the mesmer it will always chase the mesmer, which makes finding out which is the real mesmer a thousand times easier. The pet also keeps up constant pressure and occasionally kills their clones on top of extra crowd control.

With the glassbow ranger you should hard counter mesmers with Rapid Fire, which will track them into stealth both doing massive damage and showing you what direction they are running. Volley more or less instantly kills all the mesmer’s clones and phantasms which immediately cuts down their damage output and postpones their burst. Then you have a snazzy stealth skill of your own for a breather. Enemy turns invisible? Just shoot one of their clones with it and turn invisible yourself, or save it for when you’re being pressured and you need a quick relocate.

I’m surprised you don’t see the benefit of the axe against a mesmer. You use the axe with either a pet build or a condition build. Either way a mesmer produces clones constantly as they fight, which guarantees you’ll get the maximum number of bounces every time. Playing a beastmaster ranger means your pet will be sitting with 25 might stacks for the entire fight, and the axe itself will be destroying the mesmer’s clones as your pet pursues and destroys the mesmer. A high damage pet can easily crit for around 7-9K with 2-3K auto attacks if you set it up right, which will rip through the mesmer’s meager defense.

My trapper ranger wins the majority of his fights. Sometimes it can be difficult if the mesmer’s clones set off my traps, but even then it’s stopping them from using a shatter on me which removes their primary damage output. Inevitably the bleeds from my shortbow will kill the mesmer. That’s assuming the mesmer plays it smart and never sets foot on point of course. Activating my traps tends to be their doom.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

Long Bow Ranger is stupidly annoying as Thief and Mesmer, honestly. Like Ranger is pretty much an all-time easy class just because of how easy their attacks are to land and how many evades they can have.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in PvP

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

conquest point zerging is bad enough without mesmers thrown into the mix. It’s simply way too much on the screen for most players to keep up with including myself and it renders the entire fight useless. i’ve got to the point of just throwing my arms up when this starts happening. how can i sustain damage on a single target that keeps moving, teleporting, going invisible, creating clones, and worst of all untargeting themselves…

longbow – single target damage. POINTLESS
shortbow – single target damage. POINTLESS
Axe – bounces multiple targets, kitten damage. POINTLESS
Pet. POINTLESS

At least you could have bothered learning your own weapons. Gs and sword are not single target weapons. Both can cleave.

Besides, you have your 3 skill braindead killer combo you can use on almost any class with little to no counterplay, and the entangle for massive trolling. I could very well ask anet to remove rangers, you know.

in PvP

Posted by: SimpleKingly.5021

SimpleKingly.5021

My heart hurts by how new the OP actually is… And even more so by the comments saying thieves and mesmers are unbalanced cuz burst.. I think I mi… Yea… It’s…

I flat-lined. The scrublordness is strong in this one.

RIP

Lowjin is my stripper name ;)
www.Twitch.tv/kreepingg

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I don’t think I’ve ever used a ranger build that felt especially weak against mesmers, and I’ve used a fair few.

One of the biggest advantages you have is your pet. If you tell it to attack the mesmer it will always chase the mesmer, which makes finding out which is the real mesmer a thousand times easier. The pet also keeps up constant pressure and occasionally kills their clones on top of extra crowd control.

With the glassbow ranger you should hard counter mesmers with Rapid Fire, which will track them into stealth both doing massive damage and showing you what direction they are running. Volley more or less instantly kills all the mesmer’s clones and phantasms which immediately cuts down their damage output and postpones their burst. Then you have a snazzy stealth skill of your own for a breather. Enemy turns invisible? Just shoot one of their clones with it and turn invisible yourself, or save it for when you’re being pressured and you need a quick relocate.

I’m surprised you don’t see the benefit of the axe against a mesmer. You use the axe with either a pet build or a condition build. Either way a mesmer produces clones constantly as they fight, which guarantees you’ll get the maximum number of bounces every time. Playing a beastmaster ranger means your pet will be sitting with 25 might stacks for the entire fight, and the axe itself will be destroying the mesmer’s clones as your pet pursues and destroys the mesmer. A high damage pet can easily crit for around 7-9K with 2-3K auto attacks if you set it up right, which will rip through the mesmer’s meager defense.

My trapper ranger wins the majority of his fights. Sometimes it can be difficult if the mesmer’s clones set off my traps, but even then it’s stopping them from using a shatter on me which removes their primary damage output. Inevitably the bleeds from my shortbow will kill the mesmer. That’s assuming the mesmer plays it smart and never sets foot on point of course. Activating my traps tends to be their doom.

Yeah, axe/SB condi rangers or melee rangers scare me far more than pew pew rangers.

in PvP

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

I’m glad the OP died to a mesmer- it might even have been me that killed him, as I seem to be meeting a lot of terrible rangers recently whilst playing mesmer.

Ranger: pew pew! pew pew! Oh look a shiny bubble and purple thingie on me, RAPID FIRE!!! $^$^*(% the ^&^(&&(^ why am i dead? Mesmers are OP, nerf them!

If I see ranger in the daily class I jump on either mes or necro.. although is there anything quite as fun as a scepter 2 on that thief?

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I’m glad the OP died to a mesmer- it might even have been me that killed him, as I seem to be meeting a lot of terrible rangers recently whilst playing mesmer.

Ranger: pew pew! pew pew! Oh look a shiny bubble and purple thingie on me, RAPID FIRE!!! $^$^*(% the ^&^(&&(^ why am i dead? Mesmers are OP, nerf them!

If I see ranger in the daily class I jump on either mes or necro.. although is there anything quite as fun as a scepter 2 on that thief?

Traited focus vs pew pew ranger is more fun than scepter 2 vs thief.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

someone reflected your pew pew and now you qq much?

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Aw threads like this…they make my head hurt. I PVP as a mesmer and i can tell you they arent OP, if you make one mistake while fighting something you can wind up dead. Not only that, but conditions are evil. You are a ranger, use them, watch the magic happen!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

in PvP

Posted by: Sabwa.7358

Sabwa.7358

conquest point zerging is bad enough without mesmers thrown into the mix. It’s simply way too much on the screen for most players to keep up with including myself and it renders the entire fight useless….

Lets take a walk down memory lane for a moment- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SS0Ksz7RIs

But honestly, your only reasoning for removing mesmer from pvp is that you don’t like fighting them.

How about nerf ranger lb #3! It’s so hard for me to re-target the ranger after it goes stealth! I can’t even tab target to find him, I always get the stupid pet instead! pls remove ranger with it’s ridiculously easy/spammy mechanics and AI!

It was fun to read, I had lots of laughs but these kind of threads get old…

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Why you whining OP, go watch ESL, WTS, etc and see how many mesmers there are, Anet’s balance is already doing a fine job of removing mesmer from PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Aside from turret engies, necromancer stability and mobility, guardian mobility and stealth detection skills, the classes don’t need to be changed that much or removed.

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

On a simple matter of mechanics, Memser’s have been as off putting to play against or more so than Thieves. Both thieves and Mesmer’s should not have the burst capacity they have. Not with the gimmicky mechanics the professions possess. It should be a trade off of one of the other, not both. In a PvP setting, I’d much rather have a straight up fighting.

Here’s my motto in PvP….
Anything else is cowardly.

“All war is Deception” Sun Tzu

On a side note to the OP

You..AS A RANGER
Can stealth..

Here let me repeat this in caps for you because you are too new to understand the basic principle of finding a mesmer, or are too good to be bothered to actually Learn how to play as one.

• YOU ,AS A RANGER, CAN STEALTH

Here let me make it a bit more obvious for you

YOU, AS A RANGER, CAN STEALTH

Please let me know if you need this translated because English isn’t your first language.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

(edited by Solori.6025)

in PvP

Posted by: Paolo.6198

Paolo.6198

Mesmers are difficult to deal with in PvP. This one guy suggested that I’d play the profession to get familiar with the skills, cooldowns etc..

Now I can put up a pretty good fight against mesmers. I don’t totally own mesmers, though, but playing the class really helped me with animations and stuff to look out for when fighting one.

Mesmers are a one man army if the player is highly skilled. Learning to play the class will help you fight against it…

Sorry if my english / grammar etc..is broken.. lol

in PvP

Posted by: Skullface.7293

Skullface.7293

The l2p issue is strong with this one. I actually love to face mesmers on ranger, they are among my favorite to fight.

You really shouldn’t talk trash about mesmers if you don’t know how to fight them. Play one or duel them to learn how to deal with the classes you have issues with.

Hiro || Talgo
Main: Ranger
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/hirothebeast

in PvP

Posted by: Paolo.6198

Paolo.6198

You really shouldn’t talk trash about mesmers if you don’t know how to fight them. Play one or duel them to learn how to deal with the classes you have issues with.

Well said

in PvP

Posted by: Aenye.2390

Aenye.2390

Scrub mentality is real.
they hidin me hatin
not fair! cowardly!
it yells: ima soooo scrub
this class in game to play, i suggest you try it yourself it’s the best way to learn to counter it (unless you are so manly man, that is so afraid of those ‘women clothes’ and so it seems women in general)
when someone says engi is fine (yeah, actually what type of ranger has problem with any engi?) i know it’s troll; it’s the smell (now catch on with some matrix reference)
as for your problem
http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win
read this
n get gud son

Powerpuff Alex
Yeah I don’t really play the game any longer – whaddya think I am doing on forums?

in PvP

Posted by: nightblood.7910

nightblood.7910

Yeah there is a lot of counters to mes from many classes, AOE for the fun of it.

I do have to say though, it is rather funny to see a ranger complaining about a mesmer in a sPvP thread. Classic.

in PvP

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

“I have major L2P issues and I want ANet to change the game so it suits me.”
-OP

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

I do have to say though, it is rather funny to see a ranger complaining about a mesmer in a sPvP thread. Classic.

To be specific. A ranger which has much better access to stealth then a Mesmer mainly complains about Mesmer stealth.

in PvP

Posted by: Ritt.3069

Ritt.3069

So you’re one of THOSE people. Let me guess;

Warrior – Celestial Axebow, Hambow, Bowsword
Guardian – Ez Mode Bunker, maybe the buffed mediguard?
Ranger – Rabid/Carrion Bunkery Attrition Build, maybe even celestial lolspirit ranger, pewpew three button ranger?
Engineer – Celestial Faceroll, or dare I even say it, turret engi???

That’s it, close this thread. What you just mentioned is the true mac and cheese, the true faceroll and handicap flavors of this game. Not only are you clueless, but the funny thing is you’re completely unaware of it and place the blame on a class that is not even meta. There are no real rocket science classes in this game, but playing a Shatter Mesmer is way harder than any of the said builds and usually doesn’t even quarantee a better rewardvs.risk.

Please stop making a fool out of yourself and get better.

William Van Dine/Aria Entreri/Weaver of the Dream
Thousand Lakes Alliance [TLA], Desolation
4 Champion titles, solo/duoq Legend, best old LB rank 64.

(edited by Ritt.3069)

in PvP

Posted by: Drakortha.6974

Drakortha.6974

The amount of times I see “L2P” and “Scrub” in your responses leads me to believe we have some real PVP pro’s in here..

Seriously though.. good job completely missing the point of the thread..

Not a L2P issue.. or an OP issue. I know how to fight and beat a mesmer.. my complaint is they are a pain in the bum to fight.. especially in group fights.. you can’t argue with that

Ranger, Warrior, Guardian

(edited by Drakortha.6974)

in PvP

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

The amount of times I see “L2P” and “Scrub” in your responses leads me to believe we have some real PVP pro’s in here..

Seriously though.. good job completely missing the point of the thread..

Not a L2P issue.. or an OP issue. I know how to fight and beat a mesmer.. my complaint is they are a pain in the bum to fight.. especially in group fights.. you can’t argue with that

And…?

As I’m a mesmer main, I’ve learned to be able to distinguish quickly and without much effort the real mesmer from clones. If you PvP enough and understand mesmers a good amount, this is possible for anyone. I also find rangers to be a pain at times when they’re at an elevated position, and thieves when they’re smart and don’t run into my baits, and so on. If you’re not saying they’re OP or broken, then what are you saying?

(edited by Dondagora.9645)

in PvP

Drakortha.6974

If you’re not saying they’re OP or broken, then what are you saying?

I’m saying they are an obnoxiously annoying class to be up against. So much worse when there’s 2 of them, on mid point with the rest of their team. You may as well be blind.

I might argue they are broken, simply because of the untargeting issue.. I always thought that was a very cheap mechanic to go up against. Same with Rangers or Thieves, if they abuse invisibility too much but at least they don’t have clones on top of that, making a simple touch of my “tab” button all I need to get them in my sights again. Invisibility on Thief should have had some better balancing.. such as not being able to deal damage while in stealth.

Overall though, I am arguing the amount of “Fun” this is, and no amount of L2P will change that. I don’t find fighting mesmers fun, more an inconvenience. I want to say, " go away fly, bother someone else"

in PvP

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

And I find it obnoxiously annoying that Rangers can cover the whole midpoint of Legacy and hit half the map from the top of clocktower in Kyhlo with their 1.5k+ range. Of course if you don’t have to expend effort it’s not really a challenge, now is it?

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in PvP

Drakortha.6974

And I find it obnoxiously annoying that Rangers can cover the whole midpoint of Legacy and hit half the map from the top of clocktower in Kyhlo with their 1.5k+ range. Of course if you don’t have to expend effort it’s not really a challenge, now is it?

I prefer the shortbow myself. Can’t say the same with mesmer, as they all pick the same strategy and every fight with them feels the same

in PvP

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

conquest point zerging is bad enough without mesmers thrown into the mix. It’s simply way too much on the screen for most players to keep up with including myself and it renders the entire fight useless. i’ve got to the point of just throwing my arms up when this starts happening. how can i sustain damage on a single target that keeps moving, teleporting, going invisible, creating clones, and worst of all untargeting themselves…

Pet. POINTLESS

Are you honestly going to post all this in your OP and then claim…

Fun fact: Mesmers are actually much less effective in group fights than in 1v1s.

… and most Mesmer can only stealth maybe twice every 30 secs.

Can’t say the same with mesmer, as they all pick the same strategy and every fight with them feels the same

… Dude.

If this isn’t one of the most narrow-minded perspectives…

in PvP

Drakortha.6974

If this isn’t one of the most narrow-minded perspectives…

My perspective is they vanish a lot and throw a lot of fluff on my screen and make a joke of the games targeting system, which works very well in any other fight. I don’t know what more you want.

Guild Wars 2 has a targeting system that works. I just happen to think the Mesmer downplays it quite a bit and I think it gives them a good advantage, especially against newer players. Thief also. I don’t think a classes strengths should be based on how well it downplays the game itself.. that might be bad design, but hey, I’m no game designer.

Pet. POINTLESS

Are you honestly going to post all this in your OP and then claim…

What I’m saying there is that my weapons are useless at dealing damage when an enemy is untargeted, as with most weapons in the game. I didn’t explain that well enough. Invisibility and Untargeting is a counter to pretty much all of my weapons. And with the thief, I think it’s a bit too accessible for them.

You know how a lot of thieves come across as really confident? That’s because they KNOW how well they can abuse invisibility so they feel kind of invinsible at times (a good thief actually can be). Makes beating them all the sweeter, though. Burning up downed thieves with my torch is a hobby of mine

in PvP

Posted by: Caelus.7139

Caelus.7139

I think OP is troll guise

GW2 has taught me that being a Mesmer is about..
..being a cynical forecaster.
..being a doom-monger….and being a hopeless jinxer.

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Why are people bothering to respond to this topic now anyway?

It serves literally no purpose as the person who made this is unwilling to change his/her opinion about the state of the game/mesmers anyway…

I know that trying to win on the forums is challenging, but sometimes matchups cannot be won… Even +1-ing the fight will not help, and you will only be endlessly kited around with nonsense until you realize that the only option is to try and play for other points rather than sacrificing time and numbers for one person who’s on the offensive armed with passive nonsense… After all, one person is not going to change the game

I would really like to know if OP actually has a Mesmer amongst his Characters…

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in PvP

Drakortha.6974

I play the same game as you and I have my own experience with it, I’m allowed an opinion without it being called nonsense. It makes a lot of sense to me.. after all I’m sure there’s some out there who agree with me. Some people in my guild do, one of them is a Mesmer!

in PvP

Posted by: Bunda.2691

Bunda.2691

I might argue they are broken, simply because of the untargeting issue.. I always thought that was a very cheap mechanic to go up against. Same with Rangers or Thieves, if they abuse invisibility too much but at least they don’t have clones on top of that, making a simple touch of my “tab” button all I need to get them in my sights again. Invisibility on Thief should have had some better balancing.. such as not being able to deal damage while in stealth.

Every class has a different set of defense tools. Guardians have aegis and blind; Necros have fear and health; Warriors have speed and resilience.; and so forth.

Mesmers basically have zero passive defense and two forms of active defense: clones and invisibility. Forcing opponents to manually re-target is part of this defense, and it separates those players who rely on tab targeting from those who can predict/pick out the real mesmer and immediate reapply pressure.

in PvP

Posted by: Mak.2657

Mak.2657

I play the same game as you and I have my own experience with it, I’m allowed an opinion without it being called nonsense. It makes a lot of sense to me.. after all I’m sure there’s some out there who agree with me. Some people in my guild do, one of them is a Mesmer!

Don’t want to insult, but majority of responders clearly aware that you are inexperienced in pvp and new to it. Just bring given tips to practice and/or play mesmer for some time to see how it works. You would learn how to handle mesmers soon.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

I agree. But look at the topic of your title and how angry your original post seems. From the perspective of a veteran player, this looks like mindless and stubborn whining.

The people saying L2P aren’t trying to just be jerks, what they’re saying is that what you’re experiencing is actually rather common at first but becomes a non-issue as you improve. The fastest way to do that is to change your perspective on the class:

Stealth is an advantage of the class, we’re not “abusing” it and we’re not being “cheap.” We have one/two forms of stealth in a 30 second period and each only has a 3 second time. Usually within that time we’ll dance around behind you. It shouldn’t take you more than a moment to retarget the real Mesmer.

If you’re seriously not trying to be a troll, then the best thing you can do to deal with Mesmer is to change your perspective on them. We’re not fun to fight when you don’t understand us, but once you do things become a lot more level.

Just be more open-minded in the future, man.

in PvP

Posted by: gricks.1897

gricks.1897

Mesmers only OP when I go against a max highted purple norn as an Asura and I simply cant get out of the forest of purple mesmer, or cant see.

I do not find minion classes OP. they are simply annoying as my screen fills with flak.

PS, I main a purple sylvari mesmer. I love mesmers! So much fun! So much hate!

The Wrecking Krewe[NYE] – [Maguuma] Arum Bloodclaw

in PvP

Posted by: Bunda.2691

Bunda.2691

The people saying L2P aren’t trying to just be jerks, what they’re saying is that what you’re experiencing is actually rather common at first but becomes a non-issue as you improve. The fastest way to do that is to change your perspective on the class:

To build on this:

When I first started playing PvP, I got wrecked by longbow Rangers every time. Shoot, I still get wrecked by them. But as you play more you realize how to start dealing with them (in this case, stay on top of them, or else use line-of-sight against them). Do I get annoyed when I get hit for a 10k rapid fire? Of course. But much like mesmer, thief, or medi-guard, it’s all part of the risk-reward continuum that makes this game fun.

In short, I understand the frustration. But like anything, you’ll get better the more you play.

in PvP

Drakortha.6974

Thank you.

/15 letters