state of the ranger?!

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

oh sorry, the AA was a bit exaggerated, its really 2.74k not 3k. BUT if you add in sigil of fire, and sigil of air (which is great with piercing LB)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQRAnf8YjUq0ua3KmrQ0aABhaVA0OGS2umkittenBbAA-TphAwAXOBAL3fgcZg/HBAAPAAJHEAA

with this build you get 341.92 poison damage/second and 711.5 burn damage/second.
So again, i am sorry, i did round it up a bit generously. With 2-3 might stacks and or corruption stacks, my initial numbers would be correct, but not with standard base build though.

8K maul can be done with this build.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQNAR8XnUqQHL2yC2CCXLGIRo6dCcP3Aw9PsCRNA-TZBFwAFOCAIuAA12foaZAAPEAA
use MT to nail the target to the ground, start the battle with sword axe, hit the enemy with Path of Scars then immediately swap to GS, GS 5 then maul. This way you got a stunned enemy and 100% crit chance, which means, maximum damage.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Posted by: Dead Muppet.9718

Dead Muppet.9718

Aye I can see the poison build hitting that. Just I have yet to see anyone take that trait over emp bond.

Ill try that maul build I love playing zerk ranger.

Cheers
Three Minutes

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Prysin.8542

Aye I can see the poison build hitting that. Just I have yet to see anyone take that trait over emp bond.

Ill try that maul build I love playing zerk ranger.

Cheers
Three Minutes

the thing is, when running trapper, you are so low on HP and condi cleanse that EB is pointless, it will not save your hide. only prolong your death. So it is better to just overpower the enemy before they can apply more conditions..

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

oh sorry, the AA was a bit exaggerated, its really 2.74k not 3k. BUT if you add in sigil of fire, and sigil of air (which is great with piercing LB)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQRAnf8YjUq0ua3KmrQ0aABhaVA0OGS2umkittenBbAA-TphAwAXOBAL3fgcZg/HBAAPAAJHEAA

with this build you get 341.92 poison damage/second and 711.5 burn damage/second.
So again, i am sorry, i did round it up a bit generously. With 2-3 might stacks and or corruption stacks, my initial numbers would be correct, but not with standard base build though.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQNAR8XnUqQHL2yC2CCXLGIRo6dCcP3Aw9PsCRNA-TZBFwAFOCAIuAA12foaZAAPEAA
use MT to nail the target to the ground, start the battle with sword axe, hit the enemy with Path of Scars then immediately swap to GS, GS 5 then maul. This way you got a stunned enemy and 100% crit chance, which means, maximum damage.

first, sorry to say this but your trapper build will die to any ranged condition or direct damage opponent that can keep at least 600 range distance. you dont have enough regeneration or healing to stay alive for a long time and your traps are useless if they dont get triggered. funny thing is, longbow ranger would be very effective against your trap build.

second, your power build will as good as never hit 8k on anybody and im not even sure if it would on a 1800 armor ele. if you calculate path of scars plus maul = 8k then thats not the same thing as an 8k maul hit but thats details. if you want to hit 8k mauls you have to play a signet build. a 30/x/x30/x gs/lb ranger will still be more effective. if you go in a teamfight with your build and no range you are dead meat to any other class.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

(edited by Jekkt.6045)

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Dead Muppet.9718

This build here will hit 8k easy. With an easier setup.
Also It will keep stacks of might up on your pet allowing it to hit extremely hard also.
NOT viable in tvpvp but fun to use in hotjoin

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQNAR8XnUqQHL2yC2CCXLGIRo6dCcP3Aw9PsCRNA-TZBFwAFOCAIuAA12foaZAAPEAA

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

tested this build on the light armor golem which has 2180 armor. 5 might stacks and 12 stacks of vulnerable on the golem. max hit was around 5k. i cant see how this will hit 8k on squishies and even less on warriors or engis.

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Dead Muppet.9718

Sorry Jekkt, I posted the same build as Prysin there. I meant to post this here http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQJATRnUqQrgWxCGsAXLGYPoWHABcEwMD6AnbxRkxSnMTC-TJRGwAAuEAD3fIxTAAaZAA

(edited by Dead Muppet.9718)

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

yes now i can see the 8k hits :P its a fun build and sometimes i use something similar for hotjoins but with tripple signets as i prefer the invul over sick em.

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Hi, after reading this topic I would have to say you have allot to learn about ranger, I honestly didn’t think someone whom claims to play from beta could make 2 build so badly.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Prysin.8542

Hi, after reading this topic I would have to say you have allot to learn about ranger, I honestly didn’t think someone whom claims to play from beta could make 2 build so badly.

Iv’e never claimed that i played from beta. Get your facts straight.

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Sol.4310

Iv’e never claimed that i played from beta. Get your facts straight.

My bad, just so much how to put it garbage in this topic. Still your builds need some looking at in terms of being viable in PvP.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar.3916

Ragnar.3916

devs don’t care about that and that’s pretty normal since they have no clue about the ranger.

so, the state of the ranger is horrible and will stay like this for a pretty long time now.
just reroll to warrior if you still want to have fun, because warrior will stay like this also for a long time now….

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Sol.4310

devs don’t care about that and that’s pretty normal since they have no clue about the ranger.

so, the state of the ranger is horrible and will stay like this for a pretty long time now.
just reroll to warrior if you still want to have fun, because warrior will stay like this also for a long time now….

I gave you a +1.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Prysin.8542

Its not that they dont care, it is rather that the players ask for stuff that is completely opposite of their design philosophy regarding rangers.
They do not want to giveus what we want and know we do not want most of what they want to give. Mostly cuz all they give is nerfs aimed at ovp, hurting the rest of the game

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

is it possible that quick shot on shortbow is buged or changed?

if i use it when i run away from a enemy,
this skill let me run after i used it to the wrong way for a short time,
means to the enemys position instead of away from the enemy.

so actually this skill stops me from running successfully away,
i’m pretty sure it worked better before the patch, because i used this skill
much times to run faster from far point to mid point for example when there was still a downed enemy.
but now i run to the wrong way for a short time after i use this skill when running away.

and since i have to run away much much times now with my ranger i need this skill to work fine again.

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Posted by: urdriel.8496

urdriel.8496

YOU CAN control every pet skill, I don’t see any rangers doing it.

I’m curious…please do explain.

Granted it would be really nice if they just gave us all the skills to use but I think that might make ranger a tad OP.

oh god, RNG for the win……

NO¡¡¡

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

will post this here too:

dear arenanet balance team,

why is there an adept warrior trait that reduces cooldowns by 20% and makes shots pierce while the ranger hast 2 seperate master traits for cooldown reduction and piercing?

ranger:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Quick_Draw – Reduces recharge on short bow and longbow skills.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Piercing_Arrows – All arrow attacks pierce targets.

warrior: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crack_Shot – Rifle and harpoon gun shots pierce. Reduced recharge on rifle and harpoon gun skills.

im not asking for a nerf to warriors. just delete quick draw and add the effect to piercing arrows and move it to adept. that way rangers will be able to use that new trait + eagles eye + read the wind.

thank you

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

From a Mesmer’s perspective ranger seems fine….
Good 1v1,
Good Mobility,
Good Surviveability,
Good at Laming people with his pet.
Good Condi application
Good DPS

Hey guys, lets buff this class too so we can have a warrior with a machine gun, just like they rebuffed Ele, so now it’s Hambow 2.0.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

longbow ranger would never be able to become a hambow.
2k armor vs 3k armor. no stunlocks, no healing signet, no berserk stance.

even spirit ranger at its peak wasnt a hambow.

please get your facts right.

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Prysin.8542

ranger cannot be a hambow, WE DO NOT GET TO USE HAMMERS!!!

we can however be bowbow, your warrior can’t

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

actually rangers can be bearbow. and warriors can be bowbow too if they want to.

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Prysin.8542

they cannot be bowbow, because they can only use ONE type of bow.

2x longbow = bow
1xshortbow + 1xlongbow = bowbow

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

whatever i dont think the purpose of this thread is to discuss wether warriors can be bowbow or not lol. so i will add this again here:

why is there an adept warrior trait that reduces cooldowns by 20% and makes shots pierce while the ranger hast 2 separate master traits for cooldown reduction and piercing?

ranger:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Quick_Draw – Reduces recharge on short bow and longbow skills.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Piercing_Arrows – All arrow attacks pierce targets.

warrior: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crack_Shot – Rifle and harpoon gun shots pierce. Reduced recharge on rifle and harpoon gun skills.

im not asking for a nerf to warriors. just delete quick draw and add the effect to piercing arrows and move it to adept. that way rangers will be able to use that new trait + eagles eye + read the wind.

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

I assume the logic is that if the ranger had a trait that both reduced cds and made arrows pierce then that trait could potentially affect skills on 2 different weaponsets on teh same build while the warrior trait cant affect 10 different skills.
So ranger needs 2 traits to affect all the skills in those bow/bow builds as does the warrior since he ll need the extra trait to modify the skills on his second weaponset.
You could argue that balance with in mind only 1 kind of ranger builds doesnt make sense..but it could be worse.For example all eles cd reduction traits affect only 1 attunement which is only 1/4 of the skills with no additional effect.Other classes get to affect 1/2 of their skills (ele 20 skills are balanced to count as 10 of other classes) and have also an additional effect..

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

never seen any viable bow/bow builds so it wouldnt afftect many builds.
and for ele they should just change the traits to “reduce cooldown for mainhand/offhand weapons”.

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Prysin.8542

to make bows usable on the ranger, you do need;

Eagle Eye, Piercing Arrows, Read the Wind, Quick shot, Sharpened Edges, Keen Edge and Remorseless…. That is the stuff you NEED to make the LB and/or SB good.
That means, we need 7 traits, to get the best out of our bows.

Warrior needs ONE trait…. ONE…..

See the issue here? the class with the most reason to be good with bows in general (since it can use both bows), need that many traits to just be able to stay on equal grounds.

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

FWIW, I play ranger ONLY…

i think i see the problem why you think ranger is not quite badly underpowered (in WVW)…

downed state is bad for PVP

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Posted by: creature.5120

creature.5120

Good 1v1

Every decent Player can be good in 1vs1 with every clas thats not based on the ranger profession itself.

Good Mobility,

Hell no, maybe if he uses hunters signet but we have no blink or others stuff.

Good Surviveability,

Based on 1vs1 skill, but we have no block or other stuff like mesmer F4.

Maybe when using hunters signet otherwise the pet is to slow for doing great dmg or how u said to lame someone.

Good Condi application
Good DPS

in 1vs1 yes but we have no srs AoE

Créature – Dr00d, Nebulâk – Nec
Kämpfe stehts fanatisch, denn du bist ein Menschenjäger!

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Prysin.8542

Good 1v1

Every decent Player can be good in 1vs1 with every clas thats not based on the ranger profession itself.

Good Mobility,

Good Surviveability,

Maybe when using hunters signet otherwise the pet is to slow for doing great dmg or how u said to lame someone.

Good Condi application
Good DPS

Design,sword + greatsword,design, greatsword + protect me + sos, l2p, traps + lb + certain pets + l2p

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Good 1v1

Good Mobility,

Good Surviveability,

Good Condi application
Good DPS

• Agree (even Rangers)
  • Rangers have leaps and easy access to swiftness, also easy access to 25% passive speed.
  • Rangers do have block, also super access to regen, and possibly best access to protection of any class. They also come with supreme access to evades and condition removal. Not to mention the invuln options. There are lots of options for survivability for the ranger.
  • I think the pets do pretty good, I don’t know about “laming someone” though.

I’m not saying the Ranger is perfect or even in a good spot just countering some of your exaggerating.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

creature is actually a good ranger and i’m pretty sure he know why he complain like this.
so i will backup his post, because i completely agree with him on this points.

i had some good and hard 1vs1 situations against him, so i think he don’t have l2p issues by saying that.
there is only a handful rangers in this game fighting well like he is doing it.

at least, if you read the skill descriptions of ranger, then this profession have much good things.
but if you go to practice with this builds just sounds so good it’s nearly always complete trash.
walked often enough into this trap of ranger builds just sounds good.

there is still so much things don’t even feel smoth on this profession,
like longbow, longsword and offhand axe.
and anet seriously nerfed offhand axe with the last patch… they must have much clue.

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Prysin.8542

oh please let it rest, that description was written during the bronze age by a bald man high on locally grown shrooms. It is completely out of touch with reality. Ignore it.

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

they should let rangers be like fotm mossman. everybody would cry in terror and die.

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

Ranger’s need a HUGE buff in both PvE and PvP! Why is this not happening?

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

ranger is actually decent in pve if you play it right. people just dont know it.

i started to play in pve exclusivle with my ranger using sword warhorn and greatsword with a signet/spirit dps build. been kicked out of 2 groups yet without being able to set foot in the dungeon/fotm by some 2k ap wannabe elitists but other than that i never had any problems.

my auto attacks usually deal 2,5-3k damage with the pet hitting for another 3k.

rangers are not bad in pve. people just play them wrong. bear bow is just not optimal.

sadly pve doesnt require much skill anyway and classes shouldnt be measured that way.

in pvp rangers do need heavy changes. damage builds are almost non existent and while there are a few they are suboptimal compared to other classes. we can assume that ranger is the worst damage class in pvp at the moment.

when it comes to point holding builds stuff like regen ranger is fairly strong and can successfully do his job. i would not touch this build much other than maybe adding torment to dagger offhand 4 and removing the poison. as i said the build is not bad but there are classes wich can achieve the same and even better results and are therefore prefered over a ranger.

spirit ranger needs some changes aswell (so does mm necro, phantasm mesmer and turret engi, AI in general). those builds need to be less passive and more active. players need to be able to make more choices during a fight. a good example would be letting a mesmer micromanage his phantasms. when do i need it to attack?

spirits (AI) need a nerf in their passiveness and a buff in their activeness so that bad play is punished and skillful play rewarded.

its easy to say but very hard to implement i think. spirits (for example) would need more than one skill they could use, similar to the small pet actionbar but vertical above the corresponding utility skill.

and the ranger needs a way to fully manage the pet. generally the pet has 4 skills. let the ranger decide when the pet is supposed to use which skill.

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

I see ranger players are still holding to the farce of being the weakest class in the game.

Give it a rest already please. Rangers are more than adequate in ALL game modes and FAR from the worst

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Go play a ranger in top tier team queue. Proceed to be not as useful as any other class.

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Sol.4310

Wonder what happened to the CDI Ranger Balance topic, feels like dev’s started it and couldn’t be bothered to finish it.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Go play a ranger in top tier team queue. Proceed to be not as useful as any other class.

I did.. and I was useful. It was on NA though, does that count?

Anyway, if they would fix all the bugs with spirits the rangers would be fine. Now they are just a little bit weaker but still useful enough. Power rangers are not too bad either.

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Sol.4310

I did.. and I was useful. It was on NA though, does that count?

Anyway, if they would fix all the bugs with spirits the rangers would be fine. Now they are just a little bit weaker but still useful enough. Power rangers are not too bad either.

Question, the rock you live under is it a cold and lonely place. It won’t be long til you change your mind, there are builds on ranger that are working but there weak.

What are these Spirit Ranger bug’s, cause if you say the Elite not going off I’m going to crack up cause that isn’t a bug it’s your fault for not knowing how Spirit Skills Work. Other then that there really isn’t any bugs.

Power Ranger is bad! that simple.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Better remove Capricorn.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

yes, ranger to stronk underwater.

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Prysin, get a clue.

Clerics BM bunker? Talk about a selfish, bad build.

Traps? What would be the reason to take a ranger with no stunbreaks over a necro/engineer which has more repeatable AoE damage and utility?

By the way, neither traps nor BM take more skill than spirits, so hop down off your high horse. In fact, BM ranger is one of the most mechanically easy builds in the game to play, either clerics or settlers.

Traps = lay them down on point, reapply immediately after enemy steps in them. Such skill. Wow.

Please head back to the WvW forums

I wanted to pop in here and recognize the use of the buzz word of the month, “mechanically”. +1

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Posted by: dylan.5409

dylan.5409

Go glass but is squishy and easy to kill with only medium high damage and no burst outside 1min cd or melee, highly telegraphed, maul
Go aoe cond but squishy and requires essentially melee (600 units) and giving up utilities
Go bunker and do no damage, wont survive other than 1v1
Go ai, expect to watch pet run, slowly, in circles while missing its auto attacks because youre only real cond cleanse kittens the pet
Spirits, was good at 1 point with an op elite. Watch all spirit elements get nerfed until the build is carried by the elite, which was just nerfed
Ranger—-The last balanced proff ?

(edited by dylan.5409)

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

even if ranger gets any buffs it will still take at least 3 months for the next ballance patch to come #lolesports

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Posted by: creature.5120

creature.5120

I see ranger players are still holding to the farce of being the weakest class in the game.

Give it a rest already please. Rangers are more than adequate in ALL game modes and FAR from the worst

I wont say worst but on a decent level you have to play your ranger better than other professions getting the same results.
A lot of ranger rolled back to their eles cause eles give you better team support, more roaming abilitys and has better dmg output ( hi at rune of strength) and at least some AoE DMG.
If you dont love your ranger in the current state of meta you will reroll cause u can be more successfull with other professions.
I dont need a rangerbuff, i just dont wanna see faceroll speccs aka hambow played by beginners/noobs are able to beat a decent ranger…

Créature – Dr00d, Nebulâk – Nec
Kämpfe stehts fanatisch, denn du bist ein Menschenjäger!

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

anet better undo the nerfs that they did to the spirit build. i still dont get it why the kitten they did so much nerfing to that build and buffed everybody else. god kitten lame.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Posted by: Inscrutable.8347

Inscrutable.8347

Uh what?

Spirit Ranger is still a strong build, but it’s supposed to be a support build not a dueling and support build like it used to be.

Pretty weak to want old Storm Spirit back and what is still the best elite in the game to be stronger than it already is.

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

what happened after the nerf? aha. the ranger class was put at the very bottom of the tier class. the nerfs were not in sync with the adjustments to the other professions. totally unfair.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

state of the ranger?!

in PvP

Posted by: Inscrutable.8347

Inscrutable.8347

If you’re good at ranger you’ll still have a place on any team that wins in Team Q and be able to win in Solo Q.

Most of you ppl have no idea what chokepoints, kiting, peels, overextending, or LoS is, so how can you be qualified to determine what is OP or not, or if a class is viable or not.

That’s why the best players can go afk for months and still destroy all of you in tournaments. QQ moar pls