Open world Duels [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

For the love of god, stop spamming new duel threads.

can you read?

Im pretty sure they can and its a dueling thread plain and simple . Dueling is NOT needed for PvE . Im fine with it being in PvP just keep it out of PvE

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arkitech.9158

Arkitech.9158

So I have been wanting this kind of system to be implemented for a while. It’s a pretty basic concept, I would pretty much like to be able to challenge anyone, anytime, to a one on one duel. Now I understand that the game isn’t balance around 1v1 but rather team coordination, regardless people will always 1v1 in WvW or sPvP. I also understand their are work arounds. You can go into sPvP and join a dueling room or fight people from opposing servers in WvW. I do feel that there are too many work arounds in this game, but that’s a topic for another day. Dueling is a great way to practice your skill and ability to deal with particular builds and classes.

The Rules:
1: By default no one would be able to challenge you to a duel. In order to be challenged to a duel you would first have to turn this option on. This is to prevent people from annoying/griefing with constant duel requests, also turning this option on and off should be very simple. Preferably not require you to go into the options window. Also, ignoring someone would obviously not allow them to challenge you to a duel, as well as blocking anything they say from your chat etc.

2: You should be able to duel anyone, anywhere. This means PvE, WvW, sPvP lobby, be they friend or foe. I can understand this being a bit iffy. Many people have different preferences when it comes to gear and food and buffs and what not, and that should be left up to the players who challenge each other. Also being able to pass the time with duels in the sPvP lobby while waiting on a queue would be neat.

3: The flag. When a duel is started a flag should go down between the two players. If either participant move a certain range from the flag (say, 2000 range or so) they essentially forfeit.

4: Winning and losing. When a character reaches 1 health, they should kneel, be unable to preform actions or move, and immediately be put out of combat becoming invulnerable and lose all conditions until they reach 100% health. The winner should cheer and still be able to move, but still affected by the invulnerability, condition clear, and combat drop until at 100% health. There should also be a cooldown so you cannot duel again for a period of time after a duel concludes. A short period though, something like 5-30 sec tops.

How it might work:
It would most likely work differently for different areas. I’m gunna mainly focus on a place where both friends and foes exist. That is WvW. So, two people have dueling turned on and want to fight, one challenges, the other accepts. There is a countdown and both become enemies, to everyone. Now this seems weird but the main thing is that its doable. Now this does a few things.
A) It makes the fight easier to observe. The flag makes the fact that they are dueling obvious, but both people being enemies for all makes viewing health and targeting to see things like conditions and boons easier. Also makes you unable to see stealthed characters from a third person perspective.
B) If someone decides to interrupt the duel, both participants can kill that person. Also because of the invuln period that happens when you “die”, the person interrupting would still have to essentially kill you twice. Further discouraging people from interrupting.
Alternatively you can use the two unused color’s in WvW, make them allies to the three used colors in WvW and enemies to each other so the duel cannot be interrupted. This also makes things like 2v2, 3v3 etc. possible.

You should be able to challenge people on apposing teams along with allies.

Rewards:
Since you aren’t killing anyone thus not getting drops there should be some sort of reward system. I talked about how you would have to have dueling turned on in order to be challenged to a duel. Well whether it’s on of off should be obvious by just targeting someone. I think it would be really cool if you could have a portrait border like mobs do if dueling is turned on. An achievement related to this border as well. For instance, when you first turn dueling on you would have a bronze portrait border. If you win five duels you gain the first tier of the achievement and gain a silver portrait border. 25 duels gives you a gold border and another tier. At 100 duel wins you would get a portrait border something like champion mobs get, golden with cross swords. Last would be a legendary portrait border for 500 wins. Maybe make the full achievement worth 50-100 points total. All these number can be tweaked of course, just think it would be a really neat addition.

That’s about all I can remember about the idea so far. Will add any other intricacies I think up. Any other input, ideas, or discussion, support would be greatly appreciated as i would like to hear others opinions on the matter, whether you disagree with such a thing being added or would love to see it in game.

(edited by Arkitech.9158)

in Suggestions

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

You can find all of the arguments for and against your idea on page 3 suggestions

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in Suggestions

Arkitech.9158

You can find all of the arguments for and against your idea on page 3 suggestions

The OP isn’t very descriptive or constructive.

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

For the love of god, stop spamming new duel threads.

can you read?

Duels are not PvP.
And yes this game badly needs duelling!
its a perfect thing for: when you dont know what to do. or you want to try a new build, maybe see whos a better, fighter you or your friend/guildie.

some of the best moments i ever had in this game is when i encounter someone in WvW that just want to fight some duels. (almost never happens)

so why not have a duelling option for PvE?
it would bring so much more to the community, like betting and unofficial tournaments.

And with an auto decline option there is no problem with the few people that will use this feature to mess with people.

I mean come on! lets be honest do you really think it will be as much “duel me bro” as you claim?

Im sure that it will work out fine!

and if people really wanted to go around and be like “duel me bro!” they would already do it for Spvp, so why would they start if we get a duelling feature?

and for the love of god! not instanced!!

PS!! Dont leave any negative “duel me brah” comments please!
If you dont like duels then this is not a thread for you.
And please respect this thread even if you are against it, and keep a muture attitude.

thanks for reading!

Clearly I can and all I can see is duel. It’s a feature that’s hardly needed in PvE.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Posted by: negerleif.2106

negerleif.2106

the only argument people use against this is " its will only be “duel me brah, you scared”

thats not a very solid argument IMO

while there are ALOT of good arguments on why to implement a duel feature.

in Suggestions

Arkitech.9158

the only argument people use against this is " its will only be “duel me brah, you scared”

it’s also relatively easy to block someone…

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

The block function in this game is about as useful and as effective as a locked door in the middle of an open field. Blocking people will not stop them spamming emotes, bunny-hopping like an attention-starved child around you because you refuse to acknowledge their duel requests and nor will it stop them starting new threads every other day on this tedious topic that the majority of GW2 players could not give a dolyak’s behind about.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Duels are not PvP.
its a perfect thing for: when you dont know what to do. or you want to try a new build, maybe see whos a better, fighter you or your friend/guildie.

So why not instanced? If the reason you want to have dueling is to test builds and duel with your friends/guild members what’s wrong with going to an instanced area to do it? You can mash keys and garbage talk each other until your eyes bleed. Why do you need to duel them in the open world? After all to duel your friends/guild members you will still need to meet them someplace. What’s the difference between going to meet them in an instanced area or going to meet them some place else?

The Burninator

in Suggestions

Posted by: negerleif.2106

negerleif.2106

Duels are not PvP.

So why not instanced? If the reason you want to have dueling is to test builds and duel with your friends/guild members what’s wrong with going to an instanced area to do it? You can mash keys and garbage talk each other until your eyes bleed. Why do you need to duel them in the open world? After all to duel your friends/guild members you will still need to meet them someplace. What’s the difference between going to meet them in an instanced area or going to meet them some place else?

Ive told you this MANY times before dude.

in Suggestions

Arkitech.9158

The block function in this game is about as useful and as effective as a locked door in the middle of an open field. Blocking people will not stop them spamming emotes, bunny-hopping like an attention-starved child around you because you refuse to acknowledge their duel requests and nor will it stop them starting new threads every other day on this tedious topic that the majority of GW2 players could not give a dolyak’s behind about.

It really isn’t very hard to ignore people man, I had no idea this topic was so vehemently unwanted. From my understanding everyone I know would appreciate such an option. It really isn’t hard to waypoint, move, ignore, whatever. If someone is really irritating you, that’s just part of who they are. It will happen regardless of this feature existing or not. I don’t see where your argument is coming from. Just because you don’t care doesn’t mean you are “the majority of GW2 players”. As I said I know many people who would enjoy something like this. In fact, until posting this thread, I had never met a single person who doesn’t want something like this. Nor have I heard a single argument against such a feature. So, in my experience, the majority of GW2 players would very much like having something like this in game.

in Suggestions

JustTrogdor.7892

Duels are not PvP.

Ive told you this MANY times before dude.

Then humor me and refresh my memory.

The Burninator

in Suggestions

Arkitech.9158

Hence forth I would like to ask that no one post the argument “This will just make people spam ‘duel me brah’” or other similar arguments as this has already been addressed. A solution would be simple and in fact is already in the game. The problem is also addressed in the OP. In fact, there are so many easy ways to solve such a silly problem, I really don’t understand how anyone could possibly consider it a problem in the first place. Otherwise constructive arguments on whether you would or would not like to see something like this in game would still be greatly appreciated.

in Suggestions

JustTrogdor.7892

Otherwise constructive arguments on whether you would or would not like to see something like this in game would still be greatly appreciated.

Dueling/PvP breeds a toxic environment. At no fault of the people that would use a feature admirably, there are many that would not.

• Trash talk would spill over into /map and /say in excess. Unfortunately many people don’t understand the spirit of competition and think it is necessary to spew garbage when they win or lose. They have watched too much TV and think that competition involves trash talk. Sure there is a block feature but I would rather not have to keep clicking block every time I’m in game.
  • Open world dueling would most likely take place in areas that would be an annoyance, specifically for newer players. Think about it. Where are people going to duel? They are not going to duel in areas of the map where there is a chance of accidentally tagging a neutral mob or taking agro from mobs. They are going to be roaming around areas in Queensdale looking for fights. They certainly won’t be roaming around L80 areas. Additionally other safe areas like small uncontested towns are where vendors are and such. I’d rather not have weapon effect spam all over my screen while I’m doing something at a vendor, craft station etc.
  • People already complain that many maps aside from the starter areas are barren. Will people really be roaming around those less populated areas looking for duels? No. See above.

I’m sure many in these threads would use a dueling feature in a respectful manner. Unfortunately other many will not. Some people already can’t handle themselves in PvE when it comes to champ farming and what not. Open world dueling would just turn chat channels into total garbage. When people say they want dueling to test builds with their friends/guild members I really don’t see the issue with having it in a designated area since you will have to meet that person some place anyway.

The Burninator

in Suggestions

Arkitech.9158

I understand where you are coming from, although many places would make very neat dueling areas. In fact there would more than likely end up being designated area that people go to duel. Like in the middle of Divinitys Reach or at the Lions Arch fountain. I get it, but I would really enjoy being able to duel my friends outside of sPvP with my gear I worked for. I happen to know many people whom I consider very good players and they mostly play in WvW and would like to duel without the constraints of sPvP such as 4 sec reveal, traits being different, etc. The rules are different with PvE armor and runes and being able to practice that against my friends as apposed to randoms I don’t know would be amazing. Especially when randoms are rarely as good as the people I know and play with on my home server. We have actually had people change servers for a week so we could all duel each other before.

in Suggestions

JustTrogdor.7892

I understand where you are coming from, although many places would make very neat dueling areas. In fact there would more than likely end up being designated area that people go to duel. Like in the middle of Divinitys Reach or at the Lions Arch fountain. I get it, but I would really enjoy being able to duel my friends outside of sPvP with my gear I worked for. I happen to know many people whom I consider very good players and they mostly play in WvW and would like to duel without the constraints of sPvP such as 4 sec reveal, traits being different, etc. The rules are different with PvE armor and runes and being able to practice that against my friends as apposed to randoms I don’t know would be amazing. Especially when randoms are rarely as good as the people I know and play with on my home server. We have actually had people change servers for a week so we could all duel each other before.

And that is where a designated area that only allowed dueling would come in. Say where the Pavilion is in Divinity’s Reach. When I discuss a designated or instanced area for dueling I mean being able to use PvE gear and rules. There you and your friends could have fun practicing and testing builds. I think having it in an environment such as that would appease those that want to PvE duel and those that don’t want to see it spilled out into populated areas. They could even incorporate it into the LFG tool if people wanted pick up matches when their friends were not around or to duel a specific profession. “LFD L80 Memser” Maybe that would be me.

The Burninator

in Suggestions

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

All of the arguments boil down to, “I want it.” or “I don’t want it.”

in Suggestions

Arkitech.9158

And that is where a designated area that only allowed dueling would come in. Say where the Pavilion is in Divinity’s Reach. When I discuss a designated or instanced area for dueling I mean being able to use PvE gear and rules. There you and your friends could have fun practicing and testing builds. I think having it in an environment such as that would appease those that want to PvE duel and those that don’t want to see it spilled out into populated areas. They could even incorporate it into the LFG tool if people wanted pick up matches when their friends were not around or to duel a specific profession. “LFD L80 Memser” Maybe that would be me.

Now that sounds like a solid suggestion. Seems effective while dealing with the major problems. I would still appreciate open world dueling much more but understand why something like this would be implemented instead. I still really dislike that the fact that people are generally disrespectful seems to be the main reason people don’t want this.

in Suggestions

JustTrogdor.7892

I still really dislike that the fact that people are generally disrespectful seems to be the main reason people don’t want this.

It is indeed not fair to say that people in general would be disrespectful but the sad reality is there are a group of players that would. A good example is the music instruments. Most people that have them play them as they were meant to be. Unfortunately many other people decided to use them as a trolling tool. In turn Anet responded by offering a mute option. Many of the players that used their instruments as intended were not happy but it was a small group messed it up for them. If there is a way in the game for people to troll then you can bet some people will do it. I’d prefer not to introduce more ways into the game for people to act like nimrods. At the same time I would like to see a way for people to PvE duel that would fit their needs while minimizing the likely hood for others to abuse it.

The Burninator

in Suggestions

bloodletting wolf.2837

I never said that I was against dueling. I just don’t want it every where I have already stated in “the weekly duel threads” that I’m more than ok with dueling in limited areas. The arena in the black citadel would be an awesome place to duel.

in Suggestions

bloodletting wolf.2837

I really wish they would do something like sticky these topics that come up every week since the game launched. It’s the same arguments worded differently in every one. I know lets start another mount thread!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Yes duels are needed and Arena. Then i mean an actual arena where people can sit and watch other games, like in a Coloseum.

in Suggestions

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Edited: Looks like the title was changed to reflect that actual topic of the thread.

(edited by eisberg.2379)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Balance is in a bad place right now. To many unskilled builds, and Rock, Paper, Scissor play.

If they implement this it’ll open up the forums for people legitimizing 1v1s even more so than they do now, and that’s not even A-nets current focus.

It also doesn’t help since some builds aren’t even meant to kill. Where outlasting or contesting a point is considered the winning stake, even if in all technicality they’d lose even if it were to take 5 min.

Maybe when things are brought in line on a 5v5 scale, and the factor to push someone off a point or get a kill is 60% out playing your foe as opposed to being carried by a build. And perhaps maybe a point to spawn between the two duelists so low risk/low reward builds have a chance.

I would like to see this in the future but right now No.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Suggestions

eisberg.2379

I can agree with open world dueling under certain conditions:

1- Anet states they will never ever balance around 1vs1, and that they will delete all threads of people complaining about the imbalance in 1vs1.
2- Duelers are suspended from the public chat channels for 5 minutes after the duel ends.
3- They create an option to make someone invisible from your screen.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Run Away PLZ.7639

Run Away PLZ.7639

Duels are fine and could be a fun time killer while waiting on afk people and stuff but do try to keep the requests to a single page seriously how many other duel request pages are out there

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Balance is in a bad place right now. To many unskilled builds, and Rock, Paper, Scissor play.
If they implement this it’ll open up the forums for people legitimizing 1v1s even more so than they do now, and that’s not even A-nets current focus.
It also doesn’t help since some builds aren’t even meant to kill. Where outlasting or contesting a point is considered the winning stake, even if in all technicality they’d lose even if it were to take 5 min.
Maybe when things are brought in line on a 5v5 scale, and the factor to push someone off a point or get a kill is 60% out playing your foe as opposed to being carried by a build. And perhaps maybe a point to spawn between the two duelists so low risk/low reward builds have a chance.
I would like to see this in the future but right now No.

(Copypasta my self)

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

there is an interview floating around somewhere (i can dig it up if you would like) where one of the devs said they would indeed like to add open world dueling at some point.

I’m with you OP. I’ve seen a lot of people opposed to dueling perform incredible mental gymnastics to try to argue against a feature that wouldn’t effect them if they simply chose not to duel.

in Suggestions

eisberg.2379

I’m with you OP. I’ve seen a lot of people opposed to dueling perform incredible mental gymnastics to try to argue against a feature that wouldn’t effect them if they simply chose not to duel.

Yes, because people are just imagining the effects that dueling had on other games that had it /rolleyes

in Suggestions

Scrambles.2604

Yes, because people are just imagining the effects that dueling had on other games that had it /rolleyes

I know by “other games” you mean WoW, but SWTOR also had dueling and “duel spamming” was never an issue i encountered or read about on the forums.

Duel spamming is an issue that is parroted on the forums because it’s hard to disprove someone’s anecdotal evidence of “this guy followed me around for months on end just duel requesting me!”

In reality, the people that really want to duel will message you or simply accept your decline, and the people that “duel spam” absolutely love the fact that their efforts have traumatized you so severely that you cannot even play a different game without thinking back to that harrowing experience.

in Suggestions

eisberg.2379

I know by “other games” you mean WoW, but SWTOR also had dueling and “duel spamming” was never an issue i encountered or read about on the forums.

Duel spamming is an issue that is parroted on the forums because it’s hard to disprove someone’s anecdotal evidence of “this guy followed me around for months on end just duel requesting me!”

In reality, the people that really want to duel will message you or simply accept your decline, and the people that “duel spam” absolutely love the fact that their efforts have traumatized you so severely that you cannot even play a different game without thinking back to that harrowing experience.

Wasn’t just talking about duel spamming, talking about all the negative effect dueling has on a game, and yes it even has a negative effect on SWTOR, played that game and saw the negative effects it had as well, found the negative effects far out weigh any positives.

in Suggestions

Scrambles.2604

Wasn’t just talking about duel spamming, talking about all the negative effect dueling has on a game, and yes it even has a negative effect on SWTOR, played that game and saw the negative effects it had as well, found the negative effects far out weigh any positives.

what are all the negative effects?

in Suggestions

eisberg.2379

what are all the negative effects?

the increase in complaints on balancing the game for 1 vs 1

The bleed over to the public chat channels with trash talk because someone lost or won.

Not wanting to duel, and the other player trash talking you for not wanting to duel, or try to be annoying when you are trying to play. This happens more often than you actually think it does, probably because you do like to duel so you do not see the problem happening for much, but for people who do not like to duel this issue comes up very often. In every mmo that I have played with dueling, it happened extremely often. It is the nature of PvP, it breeds this kind of mentality, not in everyone, but in enough people to make it a real often occurring issue.

This is why I said above

I can agree with open world dueling under certain conditions:

1- Anet states they will never ever balance around 1vs1, and that they will delete all threads of people complaining about the imbalance in 1vs1.
2- Duelers are suspended from the public chat channels for 5 minutes after the duel ends.
3- They create an option to make someone invisible from your screen.

in Suggestions

Scrambles.2604

I hope you see that your issues are mostly personal preferences and not necessarily negative, or even effects directly attributed to dueling.

I would like to think /ignoring or auto-decline duels would solve most of your problems. And good luck finding any competitive game where people don’t complain about 1v1 balancing

edit; haha, i actually went back and looked for your “negative effects” and i didn’t think that 1-3 list was actually what you were referring to.

in Suggestions

eisberg.2379

I hope you see that your issues are mostly personal preferences and not necessarily negative, or even effects directly attributed to dueling.

I would like to think /ignoring or auto-decline duels would solve most of your problems. And good luck finding any competitive game where people don’t complain about 1v1 balancing

edit; haha, i actually went back and looked for your “negative effects” and i didn’t think that 1-3 list was actually what you were referring to.

The bleed over in the public chat, to the point that it takes over the public chat making it harder to communicate for PvE reasons is a negative effect and is directly related to dueling.

Ignoring doesn’t stop them from still being annoying to you, don’t need a chat to be annoying, plus for how often I have seen people trash talk other players on the public chats because the other player didn’t want to duel happened very very often.

And I said an increase in complaints on 1vs1 balancing. I understand there is some right now, but add dueling and those complaints will happen even more, exponentially more.

in Suggestions

Scrambles.2604

The bleed over in the public chat, to the point that it takes over the public chat making it harder to communicate for PvE reasons is a negative effect and is directly related to dueling.

Ignoring doesn’t stop them from still being annoying to you, don’t need a chat to be annoying, plus for how often I have seen people trash talk other players on the public chats because the other player didn’t want to duel happened very very often.

And I said an increase in complaints on 1vs1 balancing. I understand there is some right now, but add dueling and those complaints will happen even more, exponentially more.

in Suggestions

eisberg.2379

I must have made some good points if that is all you can say, and nothing of real value to refute it. But I’ll give you a benefit of the doubt, some people like to be abused, some people like to see PvE channels being taken over by PvP trash talk and making it harder for PvE communication.

But your logic fails hard. When people are trash talking over the public chat channels because they lost or won in duel, that is someone how now directly attributed to dueling. That makes absolutely not logical sense. When an increase of complaint for 1 vs 1 balancing happens because of dueling, that has nothing to do with dueling? Again, makes no logical sense. When people start to abuse/annoy you because of dueling, it is not directly related to dueling?

Your logic makes no sense.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

And good luck finding any competitive game where people don’t complain about 1v1 balancing

In PvE no one complains about 1v1, and it should stay that way.

Lol what? That makes zero sense on infinite levels.

Eisberg made an excellent argument and you obviously can’t find a way to counter it. Duelling is a terrible idea for a game that is based on teamwork and cooperation. And wether or not you want to believe it, it has negative effects.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

in Suggestions

Scrambles.2604

I must have made some good points if that is all you can say, and nothing of real value to refute it. But I’ll give you a benefit of the doubt, some people like to be abused, some people like to see PvE channels being taken over by PvP trash talk and making it harder for PvE communication.

But your logic fails hard. When people are trash talking over the public chat channels because they lost or won in duel, that is someone how now directly attributed to dueling. That makes absolutely not logical sense. When an increase of complaint for 1 vs 1 balancing happens because of dueling, that has nothing to do with dueling? Again, makes no logical sense. When people start to abuse/annoy you because of dueling, it is not directly related to dueling?

Your logic makes no sense.

there is nothing of value to refute

i’m confident enough in the argument i’ve already made that i think readers of this discussion would agree that your issues are not only personal, but completely manageable in the event that dueling was added (which it will be).

in Suggestions

Scrambles.2604

And good luck finding any competitive game where people don’t complain about 1v1 balancing

Eisberg made an excellent argument and you obviously can’t find a way to counter it. Duelling is a terrible idea for a game that is based on teamwork and cooperation. And wether or not you want to believe it, it has negative effects.

the “effects attributed to dueling”—being chat spam, 1v1 balance complaints, and bad behavior in general—already exist without dueling. Saying that dueling will only increase the frequency of these issues is baseless hyperbole. All when these issues could be easily avoided, if you even perceive them to be issues, with the ignore feature.

in Suggestions

i’m confident enough in the argument i’ve already made that i think readers of this discussion would agree that your issues are not only personal, but completely manageable in the event that dueling was added

—Cannot compute—

(which it will be).

Oh really? Do you mind if I borrow that crystal ball of yours?

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Suggestions

Scrambles.2604

i’m confident enough in the argument i’ve already made that i think readers of this discussion would agree that your issues are not only personal, but completely manageable in the event that dueling was added

—Cannot compute—

(which it will be).

haha, my crystal ball called “google.” i’ll edit this with a link in one sec.

in Suggestions

Saying that dueling will only increase the frequency of these issues is baseless hyperbole.

Wow.. just wow.

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Suggestions

—Cannot compute—

(which it will be).

haha, my crystal ball called “google.” i’ll edit this with a link in one sec.

I didn’t know google allowed you to search the future now, amazing! I must check this feature!

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Suggestions

Scrambles.2604

here ya go—

basically “you can already duel in a round-about way via sPvP, but we would like to add open world dueling at some point”

edit its at 14:11 i don’t think the timestamp worked

in Suggestions

eisberg.2379

the “effects attributed to dueling”—being chat spam, 1v1 balance complaints, and bad behavior in general—already exist without dueling. Saying that dueling will only increase the frequency of these issues is baseless hyperbole. All when these issues could be easily avoided, if you even perceive them to be issues, with the ignore feature.

It is far from baseless hyperbole when we in fact experienced it ourselves in past games.

Except for the fact in my and so many other people’s experience, the ignore feature doesn’t fix the problem completely, not even close. Putting someone on ignore makes it so you can’t defend yourself against people trash talking you on the public chat, that is one reason why ignore feature doesn’t come close to fixing the issues. And I have seen this happen so so many times.

Like I said, PvP breeds bad behavior, not in everyone, but in enough. And putting a PvP component in a PvE world brings that bad behavior to that place, more so than what is there already.

in Suggestions

Scrambles.2604

Saying that dueling will only increase the frequency of these issues is baseless hyperbole.

Wow.. just wow.

lol, do YOU have a crystal ball? You can tell the future and know that dueling automatically turns normal people into bad mannered trolls?

Or do you think it’s more likely the people that already abuse whatever they can get thier hands on will be the ones to abuse dueling?

in Suggestions

here ya go—

basically “you can already duel in a round-about way via sPvP, but we would like to add open world dueling at some point”

edit its at 14:11 i don’t think the timestamp worked

Aha, just like when they said guild wars 2 would have no gear threadmill
and no grind,
and no vertical progression
and all dyes would be account wide.

And the funny thing is, that was even confirmed, and this is something they “like to add”. I think we can all safely say Dueling is coming, yea, totally, uhu..

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Suggestions

Wow.. just wow.

lol, do YOU have a crystal ball? You can tell the future and know that dueling automatically turns normal people into bad mannered trolls?

Or do you think it’s more likely the people that already abuse whatever they can get thier hands on will be the ones to abuse dueling?

You are the one here who thinks he can read the future, don’t turn the tables now

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Suggestions

Scrambles.2604

Wow.. just wow.

You are the one here who thinks he can read the future, don’t turn the tables now

hey homie i posted the link as you requested. Looks like i’m the only person in this thread that can back up my claims with real evidence.