[Merged] Think "Mounts" outside the box!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

yet another useless topic about mounts.
Arenanet has said: We are NOT putting mounts in the game, otherwise you can fly over content which is meant to be played. deal with it and move on.

Otherwise you can do the train runs in Qeensdale [Vale waypoint][Phinney waypoint][Krytan waypoint] and ignore all events which are meant to be played
Having a flying mount will be way cooler then the WP system

The Champ Trains are optional gameplay and everyone knows it… People know by doing the Champ Train, they would get nothing else done otherwise, but they still chose to do it.

Flying on an eagle over Genddarin Fields, avoiding any game play antics whatsoever, flying your sorry but down to Malchor’s Leap at lvl 13 on a BIRD is not quite what ANet has in mind.

Champ Farming is still something that gains the players exp and loot, it is just an alternative to stopping Bandits from attacking the ranch.

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

(edited by Jaymee.1560)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Carlos.4371

Carlos.4371

So what you’re basically saying, is that if mounts were implemented like the way the Siege Devourer and the Junundu Wurm were in GW1, you’d be fine with it?

Not sure if you are a troll or if you can’t read. Maybe both.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oniyui.8279

Oniyui.8279

Trains

Brilliant! This game needs trains!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

Flying on an eagle over Genddarin Fields, avoiding any game play antics whatsoever, flying your sorry but down to Malchor’s Leap at lvl 13 on a BIRD is not quite what ANet has in mind.

I bet A-net didn’t have this in mind either
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtDtACnsF_Y

in Suggestions

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

I am not going to BS ppl, there will be no to minimum reason for buying a mount, if it can not give some sort of movement speed.
I will make this whole arguement simple btw.
Best arguement against it, is that it would take so much screen space, everything else….just feels so shallow, or dumb.
I would love to have a mount on a 25% movement speed, beside the screen space, I cant see why not?
Gw2 already got a turn off the players look, so it is not hard to remove a mount from the screen, right?
Now plz….dont come up with a childish answer as “go play wow, if you like mounts.” Since this is a suggestion box, we expect that people come up with ideas, that would increase the fun of the game.
It is as simple as……Do Arena Net want to make mounts in the future? What would it do with the game, would it change it all (I highly doubt it….), can they make it removeble from the screen?
Answer is:
No. Probably just change the looks, since even the movement speed would be the same, or nothing, if they can remove the look of another mounted player (just the mount).
I mean, there are still that “If Anet dont want it, why should we?” factor, but if you think really simpel, like a normal game…….would it actually do any difference? probably not, would just be another exotic armor. Even if it would, would be a benifit from making players choose different mounts, colors etc……..
Would still be far from what the game is really about, just another great thing you can do.

in Suggestions

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

What in blue blazes makes you think arenanet is going to change the whole game just so arenanet could make mounts for a minority.

I`m curious of what exactly would have to change if mounts were added.

I am sure if you actually read every post ever made that disagreed with you, you’de find out. However, don’t expect me to list them for you.

I`ve discussed back and fourth with a lot of people on this issue. Forgive me if I don`t remember who said what all the time, I don`t really keep track of names. What I do remember though is that for every complaint people made, I offered solutions to what could be a problem for some people. But there was nothing in the solutions about the game having to change or anything needing to be rebalanced because of it. All a mount is really is just a summonable speed signet with an animal attached to it. I don`t see arenanet having to rebalance or change the game for the mounts anymore then they would have to for the signets already in game. There are really only a few things that need to be done to them to even them out. And it`s really only these two things with one option. There really isn`t any reason to change anything else.

1 Make mounts only summonable out of combat

2 Make mounts get speed penalties for going in combat and let cripple and slow effects apply to the mount.

3 Make a hidemount option for the people that complain they don`t want to see them.

So here goes again. Your hide mount option – if the mount gives a speed bonus ( I’ve seen you argue with and without) I will feel compelled to use it. I have to use it because of the speed bonus without seeing it but will still have to mount/dismount while gathering. Do you see where I’m going with this? I doubt it because you say any argument that proves that mounts aren’t needed/wanted don’t matter.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in Suggestions

Posted by: GigglyPants.3291

GigglyPants.3291

Maybe mounts only usable in wvwvw, like calvary

in Suggestions

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

I want mounts.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Not sure if you are a troll or if you can’t read. Maybe both.

I’ll spell it out for you then. You seem to assume that the only way mounts possibly could be implemented, is the way they work in WoW. And that’s why you say, mounts do not have a place in Guild Wars. But that’s nonsense. Guild Wars 1 did have a form of mounts, and they worked. They didn’t destroy the game, and were a lot of fun. And you even admit as much. So it really all depends on the manner of implementation does it not?

No one’s asking for a permanent Siege Devourer mount here. But could such a mount work in GW2? Of course it could, if it were implemented in a similar way as in GW1.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

I don’t like the idea of mounts in GW2. A part of this game’s charm is exploring, and mounts remove that. The waypoints are available for faster travel, and we don’t need anything else.

The maps aren’t designed for mount travel. They’re designed to encourage people to go out and explore. If we had mounts, people would just rush from one end-game point to another, and ignore the content in between. They’ll get there faster, finish them faster, and get bored sooner. GW2 is trying to avoid that. We don’t have quests at specific locations – we have events that pop up randomly. There are plenty of secret areas on every single map – places you won’t find if you’re just speed running with a mount. And if you don’t take the time to stop and gather from a node, or kill some random monster, you won’t amass materials for your crafting. You’d have to spam dungeon runs instead, which is boring and nothing more than pure drudge work.

No mounts.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Banewrath.5107

Banewrath.5107

So here goes again. Your hide mount option – if the mount gives a speed bonus ( I’ve seen you argue with and without) I will feel compelled to use it. I have to use it because of the speed bonus without seeing it but will still have to mount/dismount while gathering. Do you see where I’m going with this? I doubt it because you say any argument that proves that mounts aren’t needed/wanted don’t matter.

I`m sure if they really wanted to they could make gathering possible on mounts much like it is done underwater with minimal animations. Wouldn’t really matter to me if I had to dismount to harvest or not but it would be nice if you could while still mounted. It isn`t ruining anything by being able to harvest on a mount so I don`t see why you wouldn`t be able to do it on one. But if by chance you would need to , then just hit the dismount button or click the icon. A mount system should have an easily accessable way to get on and off the mount. They could have a small horsehead icon near the minimap you could click to summon your mount and click it again to dismount.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

Mounts are already in Guild Wars 2 example of these are brooms. I would say airships in Guild Wars 2 are flying mounts.

@Stand The Wall.6987 Player Housing and Guild Halls are somethings that we look forward to. They will definitely come to Guild Wars 2 as Colin Johanson said on PAX, they are being developed.

I welcome guild halls but housing is the ultimate no lifing experience. Its so kittening pointless.

Well, who knows. Colin said they don’t want kitten housing/guild halls so they won’t release them just yet. Maybe they are planning for something big. Housing would be pointless indeed if it is included within the guild halls, it would be living in a terrible and narrow apartment.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Banewrath.5107

Banewrath.5107

Wanting games to be just like others is also a weak argument. You’ve also shown in your previous points that you can’t prove my argument wrong, only divert away from it..

Honestly man, the only thing you can come up with is that you don`t want a wow clone. There isn`t anything wrong with asking for an option that people like that have been in games for over a decade.

You want mounts in a game where they are not needed, for no reason at all other than to just move faster so you can escape monsters. What’s next? The idiotic flying mounts that WoW has that ruined world encounters and exploration completely? Will that satisfy you? If so, just go back to WoW…

Haha Now I see your true colors! I smell a disgruntled wow player, DWP`s as I call them. I kinda figured as much. You ever play Aion or EQ2 where you could fly? Was actually more fun flying around then playing the game. That`s an idea though, a flying mount would be kind of cool. You could get a Glint egg that was hidden by destinys edge after she was killed and hatch it into a little mini dragon or wyvern you could ride.
Could make living content updates with that idea!

This game was optimized for foot travel. Running where you want to go works just fine. There’s already ways to make yourself faster if you want to, but you want this game to be a WoW clone, just like RIFT and SWTOR are. You won’t stop asking for things from WoW until this game is completely like it..

There is no difference in optimization whether you are on foot or on a mount. I think you, like many others think the game needs a massive change to the way things go if mounts were added. Like I said before a mount is no different then a speed signet that everyone would have access to. Again though, your inner DWP shines through.

I’m tired of people begging for a WoW clone. That’s probably why they added ascended gear, to satisfy people who like to grind gear in MMOs, and it’s probably why they will continue to as well as probably raise our level cap to make all gear useless. Not every MMO has to be like WoW..

Man you really have something against warcraft to mention it so many times.

I came here for a game inspired by GW1, not WoW set in a pseudo-guildwars universe.

Funny thing is, so did I. But what I found instead was a far cry from what the original game was. And again you mention warcraft. You should probably seek counseling if a game scorned you as bad as cheating wife could.

(edited by Banewrath.5107)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Furzb.2506

Furzb.2506

No for mounts.

I love to run.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

They’re not going to be re-coding an entire map just for flying mounts. I explore a lot on my chars and I’ve found a few places where you can glitch through a mountain and come out at the edge of the map. If you were flying, you’d be able to see the map isn’t one unbroken plane. It’s landscape floating in the air.

(Devs, please don’t start breathing down my neck now that I mention I found a few glitchy spots. I won’t tell any – um, I won’t tell too many people where I found them!)

(edited by Arikyali.5804)

in Suggestions

Posted by: bestestnoob.3856

bestestnoob.3856

I really think there should be mounts. Some people say that because we have asura gates and waypoints it makes no sense to have them. But really its not like your mount will get u half way across the map in seconds like the waypoints and asura gates. Itll simply increase your speed." if you wanna increase your speed then use a buff". Its not all about speed, it makes role playing ( for those who like it) more fun.
This can also be optional. For example it can be sold for karma, those who wish can purchase and those who dont can keep traveling by waypoints.
Im sure im not the only one who wants mounts and these can even be as simple as horses. No armored lions with flaming paws and stuff like that.
I really hope mounts can be introduce because they would make some peoples gameplay more enjoyable.

in Suggestions

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Have you seen any horses in Tyria?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Suggestions

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Are you kidding?

Waypoints and Portals make perfect sense in the lore of Tyria.
Asura technology since GuildWars 1.

Mounts don’t make any sense to have in the lore.
Tryia NEVER had mounts to begin with.

Have you seen any NPCs ride a horse or a lion? whatever… -_-

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Posted by: bestestnoob.3856

bestestnoob.3856

Are you kidding?

They do make sense, i never said they didnt and that they should be taken off. What i mean is that if this game is all about exploring, why not get a mount to do so with? Also if i complete a quest, i dont want to be spending my pay on traveling…
Second just because GW1 never had mounts doesnt mean GW2 has to have no mounts. I mean its a new game not GW1 2.0 its supposed to have new things. if it didnt have new things you think people would be playing it? No because it would be another GW1.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

Though it’d be cool to have mounts, it’d be ridiculously OP in Wvwvw. Imagine the stampeding zergs of Dolyak riders… or a bunch of little asuras riding svanir bears. Imagine an army of Charr hitching rides on an army of Flame Effigies…
Or men riding dragons, throwing wolves at maggots…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Then just hop onto a centaur’s back and go for a ride. I believe a dev stated awhile back that they have no plans to implement mounts.

I personally don’t want them because they’re screen clutter.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

I really think there should be mounts. Some people say that because we have asura gates and waypoints it makes no sense to have them. But really its not like your mount will get u half way across the map in seconds like the waypoints and asura gates. Itll simply increase your speed." if you wanna increase your speed then use a buff". Its not all about speed, it makes role playing ( for those who like it) more fun.
This can also be optional. For example it can be sold for karma, those who wish can purchase and those who dont can keep traveling by waypoints.
Im sure im not the only one who wants mounts and these can even be as simple as horses. No armored lions with flaming paws and stuff like that.
I really hope mounts can be introduce because they would make some peoples gameplay more enjoyable.

if you’re going to make the simply for RP argument then then make them cosmetic mounts and nothing more . its not about the speed right? You would still have the screen clutter issue though . imagine the tallest possible Norn on a tall mount in front of an Asura you wouldn’t be able to see a thing as that Asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

it would just be unnecessary for everyone else’s sake…It would be nice to have them, but like stated before, the clutter would be horrific and the lag along with it would just be chaotic. it could make some ppls’ computers crash…

in Suggestions

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

I really wish you people would stop pushing this idea that we need mounts. WE. DO. NOT. If you think its too slow to move around the map, use swiftness, waypoints, etc. You can’t say “mounts would improve role play” – no, no they won’t. There are no mounts in this game, GW1, Tyria, the world in general. Nobody rides squat in this universe.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Some people, not everyone.

-1 for mounts.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

Have you seen any horses in Tyria?

yes I have!

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

Are you kidding?

Your statement is a false…I can clearly remember riding mounts in GW1 and yes npc’s in gw1 did in fact ride many creatures even some of the ghost where on horseback.

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

Then just hop onto a centaur’s back and go for a ride. I believe a dev stated awhile back that they have no plans to implement mounts.

I personally don’t want them because they’re screen clutter.

I know your statement is wrong as well. No Dev has ever taken the stance that there are no plans or that there will never be mounts. What has been said is that if mounts are introduced they will not be traditional speed mounts that you find in other games and it will have a style about them that makes them uniquely GW. If you follow that link to the other page you will see that link that I posted.

Many times it has been suggested that the mounts get a option for any other person in game that does not want to see another persons mount that they can click that option and turn off all of them.

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

I really wish you people would stop pushing this idea that we need mounts. WE. DO. NOT. If you think its too slow to move around the map, use swiftness, waypoints, etc. You can’t say “mounts would improve role play” – no, no they won’t. There are no mounts in this game, GW1, Tyria, the world in general. Nobody rides squat in this universe.

If you have never role played then you can not say to another person who loves that aspect, that a mount would not….hell some of my role playing friends would be happy if anet would fix it so that it would let you interact with the furniture in the game, where if you sit in a chair it looks natural, they get heated over a simple little thing like that. I doubt you done any role play within the game since you so easily dismiss someone else based on your own view of things.

Again you this is a a flat out lie, GW1 did in fact have mounts not only did we ride on a mount here and there but there where tons of enemies that not only rode on a mount but attacked you from the mounted position.

I had to laugh when I read your name and realize that you don’t know anything about the lore if you can say what you said.

(edited by Gummy.4278)

in Suggestions

lordkrall.7241

yes I have!

I should have been clearer.

Have you seen any LIVING horse in Tyria?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

yes I have!

I should have been clearer.

Have you seen any LIVING horse in Tyria?

Well the picture was a standstill, but I would say that the horse was living!
Also I said it before, we have time machines at our disposal. It would not be a problem to go get one.

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

Why didn’t you add to the already open topic instead of creating a new one?

in Suggestions

lordkrall.7241

Well the picture was a standstill, but I would say that the horse was living!
Also I said it before, we have time machines at our disposal. It would not be a problem to go get one.

There are also pictures with skyscrapes, but I have yet to see one of those in Tyria

And no, I do not think we have time-machines available. The only thing resembling one would be Fractals of the Mist, and that doesn’t really involve time-traveling.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Suggestions

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

In GW1 I remember one or two mounts… The Charrs Siegedevourers and the tunnel worms in the dessert.

First of all I would not mind “mounts” like that.
Like siege golems.
- What I mean is mounts that are iether abbandoned or stolen by you from an enemy, if you WP or leave that Zone you will lose the mount.
- These mounts may have higher speed but fragile and weak or low speed but strong weapons and tough or other abilities.
- The mounts can get destroyed and repaired like siege golems.

If you want a mount to bring around the world, you buy it with copper, silver, gold, karma, laurels or whatever.
- You can’t abbandon it, moving through gates without it will destroy it.
- Using WP’s will leave it where you WP’ed and/or if you left the zone by WP it will be destroyed.
- If it get’s damaged/wounded you will need to repair/heal it, doing so by a “simple” ressurect (f).
- If it get’s destroyed it is gone forever. Destroyed will accure when you leave a zone without it.

If mount whould be allowed, this is my idéa of how mounts should be.
Why?
Well I hate pocket mounts it is silly even though you have a good explenation to it, like I whistle to call my horse and suddenly it fades in right beside you or I press a button to call my batmobile that fades in from a distance and comes driving to me.

Some games needs mounts and these methods is needed but in GW we have WP’s and sprint skill for all classes so there is no need for mounts.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

What you have to remember about the Wurm and the Devourer is that they were super slow and one of their skills was actually a speed buff to make them move at normal speed for a short time . The wurm was also required to navigate the Desolation as you may recall as the sand was instadeath otherwise.

in Suggestions

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

What you have to remember about the Wurm and the Devourer is that they were super slow and one of their skills was actually a speed buff to make them move at normal speed for a short time . The wurm was also required to navigate the Desolation as you may recall as the sand was instadeath otherwise.

Yea I know that

That’s what I mean with that every mount has different abilites, just like devourers has AoE blasts, Wurm takes you through unpassable sand, a speedy but weak mount for long strides to dodge enemies and so on.
Mounts is not only for travel, they can be used for all kinds of purposes there could even be mounts that harvest faster but you have to take it with you wherever you go, you can’t just summon it when you need it. That is my idéa.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Well small correction here, the Siege Devourer had a speed boost that stacked. So it would actually move faster than normal players. I would regularly outrun players on a Siege Devourer, even if the players on foot were using speed boosts. Same for the Junundu Wurm, who moved slightly faster than a normal player.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Suggestions

Posted by: JohnRost.3567

JohnRost.3567

I’m a role player. Mounts not needed for the world of Tyria or game Guild Wars 2. Do not suggest them, please.

in Suggestions

bloodletting wolf.2837

So would all of you mount lovers be cool if they implemented the limited mounts like in GW1 and add a few more to the gem store? I could live with that. Any thing else though would be too much for reasons stated all throughout the multiple threads on this subject.

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

So would all of you mount lovers be cool if they implemented the limited mounts like in GW1 and add a few more to the gem store? I could live with that. Any thing else though would be too much for reasons stated all throughout the multiple threads on this subject.

I want a new mount system that combines all three type of mounts Cosmetic, Speed & Combat into a New Non-Traditional Mount System, a marriage of them that would align with the weapon bundle system, similar to how engineer’s use the Flamethrower, with skills that would replace the 1-5 on your bar giving new skills to use in combat that have a working kind of sense for the mount that you are driving. That has Gw2 written all over it, its something no one will see as something done in other games or as you say traditional. Yes I asked for a 25% speed continuous speed which is in my view not game breaking since you have to equip the mount into a skill slot and you would have to do the same with a signet that would give the same effect. A select few mounts getting one of there skills that gives a small speed buff to 50% for 2 seconds or 33% for 5 seconds, some might get a skill that allows you to pull a downed played out of red circles to rez them at a distance.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

my suggestion to Mounts.

Useing a mount is ok u can fly to where ever u like after u reach max lv. Also u cant use the mount on the ground to run. It will be extrem slow on the ground or it will despawn. U cant land on a JP u get a warning if near a jp so u need leave that area. After u land and ur mount despawn it has a 10 min cooldwone before u can summon it again, so its useless as farm tool. It cost u a Huge amount of skill points to learn the skill fly a Mount and a 100% map completion.

So ur mount is a fun tool in first line also it has only 200% speed or to reach specific places u cant use it also in wvw. There might be mini games light dragon race u and ur dragon can join.

U can buy pretty Dragons in the Gemstore or u can get one dragon for dunguon tokens. Also some dragon gear can be made or bought.

I dont see this will change the game alot except it will give the game more dimensions.

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

I’m a role player. Mounts not needed for the world of Tyria or game Guild Wars 2. Do not suggest them, please.

You Are? Then know your Role don’t tell me what I can and can not want or suggest.

in Suggestions

bloodletting wolf.2837

I want a new mount system that combines all three type of mounts Cosmetic, Speed & Combat into a New Non-Traditional Mount System, a marriage of them that would align with the weapon bundle system, similar to how engineer’s use the Flamethrower, with skills that would replace the 1-5 on your bar giving new skills to use in combat that have a working kind of sense for the mount that you are driving. That has Gw2 written all over it, its something no one will see as something done in other games or as you say traditional. Yes I asked for a 25% speed continuous speed which is in my view not game breaking since you have to equip the mount into a skill slot and you would have to do the same with a signet that would give the same effect. A select few mounts getting one of there skills that gives a small speed buff to 50% for 2 seconds or 33% for 5 seconds, some might get a skill that allows you to pull a downed played out of red circles to rez them at a distance.

And that is my problem with all of you mount lovers – It’s all or nothing. This world is small enough without a constant 25% speed. And what about your mounts in WvW? Don’t just throw around “it wouldn’t be game breaking” because you want them so bad because from where I’m sitting it would be. “its the same thing as using a signet” – No it isn’t a signet is one skill- yet you said that it would work like the engineer kits which are 5 skills.

(edited by bloodletting wolf.2837)

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

And that is my problem with all of you mount lovers – It’s all or nothing. This world is small enough without a constant 25% speed. And what about your mounts in WvW? Don’t just throw around “it wouldn’t be game breaking” because you want them so bad because from where I’m sitting it would be. “its the same thing as using a signet” – No it isn’t a signet is one skill- yet you said that it would work like the engineer kits which are 5 skills.

And that is my problem with all of you mount naysayers – It’s nothing for all. Yet so many classes have a signet that allows 25% constant speed unless you go into combat.

No this would not be allowed in the current WvW….but I have suggested also for another area in the Mist that is for all out Mounted Combat….and not just the mounts that could be added with my idea for mounts. I want to see those huge Charr War Tanks in action. Maybe they would need a team to operate them effectively. Also not only that but you could do mounts that you ride on the surface of the water something that you can not do in the game currently is fight on the surface of water.

Yes it would work just like a signet based off a weapon skill in that passively you would see yourself mounted and going at 25% without the skills, this does not mean that everyone has to see you as mounted, they could have an option to turn off the visual for their screen, the same way they do culling. Activating the mount would bring out the mounted combat side of the skill replacing your skill bar with the new mounted skills. If Anet wants to, they could make this part of the mount be set on a timer so you can only have this skill set for a limited time. But I still don’t see them as being game breaking as I know that if they found that we would use it in that way that would, they would “eventually” balance the skills that you get, so its not game breaking. Plus I am looking for a skill set that has never been done unique to the type of mount that you are riding/driving.
Basically if Anet wanted to do this, I would not mind if the WvW area was the only place that the skill could be used actively but would want the skill to be available in pve for all classes to use just for the passive mounted 25%, but I know that Anet could make it so it was not stupid even with the active skills working in pve as well.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

To all you mount lovers wanting mounts we already have them. They are 250 gems in the gems store. If you want to use them to move fast just mout them and use a WP.

in Suggestions

bloodletting wolf.2837

And that is my problem with all of you mount naysayers – It’s nothing for all. Yet so many classes have a signet that allows 25% constant speed unless you go into combat.

No this would not be allowed in the current WvW….but I have suggested also for another area in the Mist that is for all out Mounted Combat….and not just the mounts that could be added with my idea for mounts. I want to see those huge Charr War Tanks in action. Maybe they would need a team to operate them effectively. Also not only that but you could do mounts that you ride on the surface of the water something that you can not do in the game currently is fight on the surface of water.

Yes it would work just like a signet based off a weapon skill in that passively you would see yourself mounted and going at 25% without the skills, this does not mean that everyone has to see you as mounted, they could have an option to turn off the visual for their screen, the same way they do culling. Activating the mount would bring out the mounted combat side of the skill replacing your skill bar with the new mounted skills. If Anet wants to, they could make this part of the mount be set on a timer so you can only have this skill set for a limited time. But I still don’t see them as being game breaking as I know that if they found that we would use it in that way that would, they would “eventually” balance the skills that you get, so its not game breaking. Plus I am looking for a skill set that has never been done unique to the type of mount that you are riding/driving.
Basically if Anet wanted to do this, I would not mind if the WvW area was the only place that the skill could be used actively but would want the skill to be available in pve for all classes to use just for the passive mounted 25%, but I know that Anet could make it so it was not stupid even with the active skills working in pve as well.

You apparently only skim the post and ignore what you don’t want to hear. I have already stated that I would be cool with gem store mounts the way they are now or mounts the way they were implemented in Gw1. Speed is one of the factors in class balancing so using the fact that some classes don’t have that boost is just silly. In addition, you never did address the fact that a signet is ONE SKILL. What you are talking about (using it like an engie kit) is 5 skills in 1 utility slot.

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

I do not, when I quoted you I answered each of your sentences in order.
We already have mounts in the game which no one recognizes for what they are as you say, the gem store and there are siege golems that you use in WvW that are in effect very much the same as the Gw1 mounts which I am fine with I have multiple toons who have the brooms and tunneling device. The flavor they add is limited only to towns and WvW, if your main stay play is within the Pve sectors you loose out cause of lack of armor while riding a broom and I can’t make a Siege Golem in pve either.
My idea also adds collectivity to mounts in that I have also suggested that they add a tab in the hero panel much like the Finishers that allow you to select which mount that your mount skill will bring out and the type affects the skill set based on Gw2 trinity of support, damage, and control.
How would having 25% for all classes in PVE be game breaking?

Signets are not just one skill , yes they take one utility slot the same as my idea, but have a “Passive ability” and a “Active ability”. When you use the active you loose the passive and the skill has a cool down before the passive gets reinitialized. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet
What I am talking about would kind of merge the two types into one for this mount skill that all classes would be able to get and use and I am also suggesting a Mounted Combat area for this skill to see alot of game play with, you would not be needing to balance the combat skills to fight each other in normal WvW and PvP arenas as they would be balanced on the fact that you would be playing against other players who are all mounted as well in this new suggested area idea that would be in the Mist much like the new Edge of the Mist that just got added.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

Mounts = Lag city for more loading
NO THANKS GW aint never been about smelly old mounts

GO play some other MMO if you want that

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

Mounts = Lag city for more loading
NO THANKS GW aint never been about smelly old mounts

GO play some other MMO if you want that

Add an Option that you could check to turn off all visuals of mounts on other toons.
Of course I really never seen this lag in any game that had mounts in them.

Again I will play what I want, when I want, and make suggestions if I want. You are not the boss of me.