Open world Duels [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

And good luck finding any competitive game where people don’t complain about 1v1 balancing

In PvE no one complains about 1v1, and it should stay that way.

I hope you see that your issues are mostly personal preferences and not necessarily negative, or even effects directly attributed to dueling.

Lol what? That makes zero sense on infinite levels.

Eisberg made an excellent argument and you obviously can’t find a way to counter it. Duelling is a terrible idea for a game that is based on teamwork and cooperation. And wether or not you want to believe it, it has negative effects.

the “effects attributed to dueling”—being chat spam, 1v1 balance complaints, and bad behavior in general—already exist without dueling. Saying that dueling will only increase the frequency of these issues is baseless hyperbole. All when these issues could be easily avoided, if you even perceive them to be issues, with the ignore feature.

It is far from baseless hyperbole when we in fact experienced it ourselves in past games.

Except for the fact in my and so many other people’s experience, the ignore feature doesn’t fix the problem completely, not even close. Putting someone on ignore makes it so you can’t defend yourself against people trash talking you on the public chat, that is one reason why ignore feature doesn’t come close to fixing the issues. And I have seen this happen so so many times.

Like I said, PvP breeds bad behavior, not in everyone, but in enough. And putting a PvP component in a PvE world brings that bad behavior to that place, more so than what is there already.

It’s funny, i’m guessing we both played SWTOR and WoW, both have different perceptions on the effects of dueling…and i’m going to guess only one of us actually enjoys dueling… Its starting to smell like perceptual bias in this place

in Suggestions

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Saying that dueling will only increase the frequency of these issues is baseless hyperbole.

Wow.. just wow.

lol, do YOU have a crystal ball? You can tell the future and know that dueling automatically turns normal people into bad mannered trolls?

Or do you think it’s more likely the people that already abuse whatever they can get thier hands on will be the ones to abuse dueling?

You are the one here who thinks he can read the future, don’t turn the tables now

hey homie i posted the link as you requested. Looks like i’m the only person in this thread that can back up my claims with real evidence.

I don’t need to give evidence, it has been given countles times to people who keep whining about Dueling. Yet it is always conveniently ignored. And I already debunked your evidence, so there’s that.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Suggestions

Its starting to smell like perceptual bias in this place

Yep and it’s coming from you.
You like duelling so that means it’s perfect, will cause no problems and should be added regardless of what everyone else thinks.

~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

in Suggestions

Scrambles.2604

Its starting to smell like perceptual bias in this place

Yep and it’s coming from you.
You like duelling so that means it’s perfect, will cause no problems and should be added regardless of what everyone else thinks.

no i see it as, if you don’t like dueling, don’t duel. Simple as that.

Trying to advocate against duels because it increases “chat spam” or “1v1 balance posts on the forums” is unreasonable, especially since they said they’re going to add it, and you can already do it in sPvP.

If your claims were true then you should already be experiencing it. Maybe with the exception of open world map chat, but assuming that dueling will automatically turn every map chat into a spam fest is baseless.

in Suggestions

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

open world duels will not just be bad within the duel world, but also in PvE places in general.
you think it’s a good idea, guess again.
imagine you just want to play around in queensdale, no farming/zerging/whatever but just have a great time.
now a player wants to duel, you decline.
what are the options when the player keeps on challenging you?
block: useless because the player is still there.
using a waypoint: yeah, try to repeat that a few hundred times, you can kiss your gold goodbye.
ignore the player: tried that so many times, kill steal comes in mind where they kill every single enemy close bye in one hit just to annoy you.

so is dueling a good idea in an open PvE world, nope, not even close.
if you want to duel there are plenty of ways to do it, if you want it added in a more controlled manner, have an arena to fight it off.

in Suggestions

Scrambles.2604

open world duels will not just be bad within the duel world, but also in PvE places in general.
imagine you just want to play around in queensdale, no farming/zerging/whatever but just have a great time.
using a waypoint: yeah, try to repeat that a few hundred times, you can kiss your gold goodbye.
ignore the player: tried that so many times, kill steal comes in mind where they kill every single enemy close bye in one hit just to annoy you.

if you want to duel there are plenty of ways to do it, if you want it added in a more controlled manner, have an arena to fight it off.

Again, more hyperbole—this idea that, given the ability to request a duel, everyone will automatically single you out and chase you down with duel spams until you log out. Yes, it’s possible, but not likely, and definitely not a good reason to disallow it.

Do you think they should disallow group invites because a troll is free to constantly spam you with party invites? It’s possible but how often does it really happen?

in Suggestions

especially since they said they’re going to add it, and you can already do it in sPvP.

No they didn’t, they said they “like to add it at some point”. You automatically assumes that confirms it. Besides, they confirmed many things that never came to be.

Trying to advocate against duels because it increases “chat spam” or “1v1 balance posts on the forums” is unreasonable, .

When pvp elemenents are added to PvE, it will go beyond balance posts. Anet will actually have to balance it, otherwise duelling would be broken. And THIS is my main problem, all that map chat spam I don’t care about, I’ll just block them. It’s the PvP balance changes that I don’t want in PvE.

I don’t want my builds destroyed because some people like to hack and slash eachothers faces of in PvE.

The worst type of argument someone can make. Every form of criticism can be waved of by that.
Don’t like ascended gear? don’t farm it.
Don’t like dungeons? Don’t do them.
Don’t like Fractals? Don’t do them.

I know the perfect solution for every problem in this game! Why not stop playing it? All problems will magically disappear!

~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

in Suggestions

sorudo.9054

Again, more hyperbole—this idea that, given the ability to request a duel, everyone will automatically single you out and chase you down with duel spams until you log out. Yes, it’s possible, but not likely, and definitely not a good reason to disallow it.

Do you think they should disallow group invites because a troll is free to constantly spam you with party invites? It’s possible but how often does it really happen?

how often?
4/5 duel invites end up like that and i have played more MMO’s then i have fingers and toe’s, they are extremely annoying and always keep on annoying the player till you ether log out or quit entirely.
duelers are a poison that should never happen, in fact, is there any reason why it should be added when there are so many problems involved.

btw, every time you see someone against it you simply dismiss it, up until now you have never ever gave even one good solution or reason why it should be added.

in Suggestions

Scrambles.2604

especially since they said they’re going to add it, and you can already do it in sPvP.

No they didn’t, they said they “like to add it at some point”. You automatically assumes that confirms it. Besides, they confirmed many things that never came to be.

Trying to advocate against duels because it increases “chat spam” or “1v1 balance posts on the forums” is unreasonable, .

When pvp elemenents are added to PvE, it will go beyond balance posts. Anet will actually have to balance it, otherwise duelling would be broken. And THIS is my main problem, all that map chat spam I don’t care about, I’ll just block them. It’s the PvP balance changes that I don’t want in PvE.

The worst type of argument someone can make. Every form of criticism can be waved of by that.

I know the perfect solution for every problem in this game! Why not stop playing it? All problems will magically disappear!

Dueling requires consent from both parties, so if you don’t ever want to duel you don’t have to. If it was open world pvp free for all, i could see how you could take issue. But you have to accept a duel, and if you don’t want to duel then don’t accept.

I don’t understand the other things you wrote…if you don’t want to do dungeons, don’t do dungeons? What i’m getting from you is, “i don’t want to run dungeons, and you shouldn’t be allowed to run dungeons, because dungeons negatively impact the game.”

in Suggestions

Dueling requires consent from both parties, so if you don’t ever want to duel you don’t have to. If it was open world pvp free for all, i could see how you could take issue. But you have to accept a duel, and if you don’t want to duel then don’t accept.

I don’t understand the other things you wrote…if you don’t want to do dungeons, don’t do dungeons? What i’m getting from you is, “i don’t want to run dungeons, and you shouldn’t be allowed to run dungeons, because dungeons negatively impact the game.”

You know what buddy? You are absolutely right about everything.

Goodbye.

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Suggestions

Scrambles.2604

You know what buddy? You are absolutely right about everything.

Goodbye.

haha, it’s just like dueling— if you don’t want to debate, then you don’t have to

I will say, i was looking through my post history to get that link to the anet interview, and i noticed a lot of quotes and back and forths between the two of us, haha, i got a kick out of that.

No worries, we just find ourselves on the opposite sides of different issues, but we can take solace in the fact that we both probably post on these boards too much

in Suggestions

Posted by: negerleif.2106

negerleif.2106

here ya go—

basically “you can already duel in a round-about way via sPvP, but we would like to add open world dueling at some point”

edit its at 14:11 i don’t think the timestamp worked

hehe the funny thing about this is that im MrNubfish :P

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arkitech.9158

Arkitech.9158

here ya go—

basically “you can already duel in a round-about way via sPvP, but we would like to add open world dueling at some point”

edit its at 14:11 i don’t think the timestamp worked

hehe the funny thing about this is that im MrNubfish :P

Haha that’s neat, I actually haven’t seen that interview thanks.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

they are adding open world dueling at some point. It’s mentioned in a interview and i will dig it up if anyone likes…i try to post it everytime a duel thread gets made…which is like once a week.

As for inspect, i’m all for it, but blablabla elitism blablabla this argument never goes well. It boggles my mind how ‘end game’ in GW2 is collecting various exotic gears but no one can look at them beyond seeing your character avatar, and then people argue to keep it that way.

Not wanting inspect has nothing to do with elitism. It has to do with it’s none of your kittening business. Anymore then it’s your right to walk into my house and look through my closet. You wanna know, you can ask or kitten off.

GW2 is a MMO that focuses on group effort and cooperation, so i do have a vested interest in at least being aware of what type of gear you have. And looking at your gear in a teamwork oriented game is not even close to going into your house and looking in your closet. If your that bothered by other players “intruding” on you then you might be more comfortable in a single player game.

I hear the argument “you want to know, just ask!” all the time and while that is a great work around, it doesn’t take into account afk players or people that cant be bothered to share their gear.

/inspecting someone’s gear doesn’t effect the other player in any way, as opposed to asking them about their gear, which not only disrupts the player, but it requires two individual player actions to accomplish what could be done unobtrusively with /inspect.

It does take into account players that just can’t be bothered to answer. Ignoring the ask is a default sod off. Unless a person wants to share info on their toons/builds, it’s none of your kitten business.

in Suggestions

Scrambles.2604

they are adding open world dueling at some point. It’s mentioned in a interview and i will dig it up if anyone likes…i try to post it everytime a duel thread gets made…which is like once a week.

As for inspect, i’m all for it, but blablabla elitism blablabla this argument never goes well. It boggles my mind how ‘end game’ in GW2 is collecting various exotic gears but no one can look at them beyond seeing your character avatar, and then people argue to keep it that way.

Not wanting inspect has nothing to do with elitism. It has to do with it’s none of your kittening business. Anymore then it’s your right to walk into my house and look through my closet. You wanna know, you can ask or kitten off.

GW2 is a MMO that focuses on group effort and cooperation, so i do have a vested interest in at least being aware of what type of gear you have. And looking at your gear in a teamwork oriented game is not even close to going into your house and looking in your closet. If your that bothered by other players “intruding” on you then you might be more comfortable in a single player game.

I hear the argument “you want to know, just ask!” all the time and while that is a great work around, it doesn’t take into account afk players or people that cant be bothered to share their gear.

/inspecting someone’s gear doesn’t effect the other player in any way, as opposed to asking them about their gear, which not only disrupts the player, but it requires two individual player actions to accomplish what could be done unobtrusively with /inspect.

It does take into account players that just can’t be bothered to answer. Ignoring the ask is a default sod off. Unless a person wants to share info on their toons/builds, it’s none of your kitten business.

I’d love to hear how you discern between someone who is ignoring you and who is afk. Don’t automatically assume malice to that which can be attributed to negligence.

That doesn’t matter though, because if i /inspect someone, they have no way of knowing if i actually inspected them or didn’t. It’s out of sight out of mind and completely harmless.

I don’t get this “none of your business.” It’s a game! There’s no need to be embarrassed or secretive about your gear, jeez.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Would be nice. Make it like in Aion where you can turn off the feature to watch your gear. Same with duelling, you can turn of requests. At least give us the option.

Also, a DPS meter would be nice, so all these stupid discussions about ‘what profession/build is better’ would instantly stop. I am a veteran GW1 player, but also played WoW to a lesser extent, just fyi.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Suggestions

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Sorry for double post: I wouldn’t kick a player if he’s only in Rares. But if he’s nearly doing no damage, I would give him some tips to improve his playstyle.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Suggestions

Posted by: Asmodeius.2751

Asmodeius.2751

agree with ProtoGunner. at least give us options.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

Sorry for double post: I wouldn’t kick a player if he’s only in Rares. But if he’s nearly doing no damage, I would give him some tips to improve his playstyle.

You are a rare breed. But other MMO’s with an inspect feature shows that it only breeds and propagates elitism. And mmo’s also prove that most people are so insecure about what they might not know that they tend to fall into the elitism even when it doesn’t make sense. because a lot of people don’t know the difference between “optimal” and “viable”. case in point: This thread. In a game like GW2 with plenty of viable options for the same class, people still claim they should be able to inspect players gear in case they’re “not playing right”. So Im in favor of skin inspect. Nothing else on stats.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Problem is you’re an example of an ideal outcome. First rule of practical design is assume the worst. And practical examples of these features have shown less then favourable results.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arcuss.6457

Arcuss.6457

yes to dueling and a check box with “deny duels” option. Also no dueling in cities.

Hell no to inspect gear, i don’t want some elitist judging me.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mayhem.1935

Mayhem.1935

In previous MMOs there was a function to duel faction members and friends by simply typing /duel. It was fun, a great way to test your skill 1v1 and try new set ups easily. I know there is custom arenas, however the gear sets are so limited and honestly alot of ppl just cant be bothered to join spvp. I mean it cant be hard to just put this in the game. Anet, let’s go! Get friendly duels in the world please, i know myself and a ton of others would love this.

-The Swindler-Mesmer —

in Suggestions

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

And tons of others would not like this just anywhere in the open world. They may, however, instigate dueling somewhere. Hopefully, not just anywhere.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Havenfrit.9371

Havenfrit.9371

I think dueling anywhere would be fine, but they should make a toggle option where you can turn duel requests on and off that way, those who want to duel and those who don’t care for it will be happy.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

There’s already a 20 page discussion that’s been merged at least once: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Open-world-Duels-Merged/first Why not carry on that discussion rather than starting a new thread?

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

in Suggestions

Mayhem.1935

And tons of others would not like this just anywhere in the open world. They may, however, instigate dueling somewhere. Hopefully, not just anywhere.

And why not? It’s not like you HAVE to duel if someone challenges you. Just run off or something or toggle the dueling off.

-The Swindler-Mesmer —

in Suggestions

Mayhem.1935

Duels would be pointless unless Anet finds a way to balance each and every class, as it is right now some classes can faceroll others, so where is the fun ?

The fun is trying out new things and strats against classes especially fotm classes/specs. Don’t know how to fight a hammer warrior well? Have your pal duel you until you figure it out. It’s not like you really win anything its to make players better without having to go to custom arenas or hide out by a windmill and hope a zerg doesnt come mess it up.

-The Swindler-Mesmer —

in Suggestions

Posted by: AzureShiron.7658

AzureShiron.7658

Close this thread, there is already a thread about this topic that was merged.

If you think this post is about you, it probably is

in Suggestions

sorudo.9054

i do wonder, why do ppl want to ruin it for PvE players while you have WvW?
i mean, if duels are possible there then i don’t mind, it doesn’t affect me since i barely go there at all.

in Suggestions

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

i mean, if duels are possible there then i don’t mind, it doesn’t affect me since i barely go there at all.

What if I want to duel someone in my guild to test out a new build? Don’t get me wrong I personally only want dueling in a arena setting – not across the whole world but sadly most of the people that want dueling want all or nothing.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in Suggestions

Scrambles.2604

so instead of people dueling in vast, empty open world environments, you think it would be better for people to sit around and duel in WvW, which at least on my server, generally has a queue.

That is beside the point though, because dueling will not “ruin it for PvE players.” However, your suggestion would actually ruin it for WvW players.

in Suggestions

Posted by: White.9523

White.9523

I would love to have option to challenge people in my party for a duel. First to get downed loses, and if you move too far you lose.

Just for casual purposes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Keep it in PvP and im fine with it otherwise no

P.S this has been brought up 6545475487446445659644 times . Please stop

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Been discussed to death in the other 16 threads with the same name, all of them merged here.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Open-world-Duels-Merged/first

Just stop with these daily duel threads already.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dark FQ.1038

Dark FQ.1038

Duel me brah , nah just kidding.
I like the idea but there are alot of topics on this subject. I miss the old Guild vs Guild sytem ,where you could challange everyone in your guild to a duel.

Dark Fq (Desolation and Gandara)all classes condi. http://www.youtube.com/user/FQDark

in Suggestions

Posted by: Joel.8215

Joel.8215

Not PVP

What if there were scattered NPC around the world, and they were extremely difficult fights. For those who like a challenge. It would be neat if it was not instanced, and just happened in open world. Just an idea that occured to me while reading a “put dueling players in pve” forum.

I really enjoyed the queens gambit while it happened, so a tie-in to that would be cool. Ideas for that: The NpC that beats the most users can be buffed and fight in the queens gambit when that comes back in season; or some of the Higher end NPCs from queens gambit can be some of the duel options in the open world, and have different fight mechanics with the new surroundins. Ladri Could be even harder in her natural enviroment.

When queens gambit starts again they could all dissapear from open world and be in the gambit so it really feels like a tournament.

I would only enjoy it if it was really challenging though.

in Suggestions

Posted by: mistt.3698

mistt.3698

Arenanet Your Community wants duels already.
options to duel other ppl in all over tyria….
so plz open your Eyes at :“duels” duels duels duels duels duels duels duels
duels duels duels duels duels duels duels and duels.
people could spend so much time dueling and having alot of fun instread of sitting in LA and doing nothing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Replace Mystic Forge with 1v1 Arena in LA.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

OP, please try not to talk for the entire community, because you can’t. Whenever this subject is brought up, and it has been brought up frequently, most of the responses to threads are against open world dueling.

Not to say the forums are necessarily indicative of the majority, but it sure seems like a whole lot of people in this community are vocal opponents of open world dueling.

I wouldn’t mind dueling myself in designated areas, but not anywhere.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Oh gods, please NO! Even if they included an option to turn off dueling I do NOT want to be spammed with “Duel Me! Duel Me! Duel Me!” when I’m out doing whatever I’m doing. Have your duels in a closed area, but if you include it please don’t make it open world!

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

speak for yourself
as for your open your eyes comment open your eyes and realise that many people say nononononono to duels

Gunnar’s Hold

in Suggestions

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

No to duels in the open world. But, I understand you can duel in the new area in WvW by the jumping puzzle. Go for it!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

No to duels in the open world. But, I understand you can duel in the new area in WvW by the jumping puzzle. Go for it!

That’s restricted to fighting other people on other servers, and not fight anyone you know. Spvp blows chunks for duels as well because of all the stat restrictions and limited rune choices(Not including the boring old maps). I’m up for open world dueling because NO ONE USES open world for anything(aside from RP spots), so all the scenery is generally wasted unless you’re doing a World Competition, or Guild missions. I think it be a great tool to help practice for fights in WvW, and to test builds with your friends. People afraid of open world dueling are blowing it out of proportion on what they think is going to happen. Why is dueling bad for open world? I mean look at the farming trains….is that really much better?

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in Suggestions

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

That’s restricted to fighting other people on other servers, and not fight anyone you know. Spvp blows chunks for duels as well because of all the stat restrictions and limited rune choices(Not including the boring old maps). I’m up for open world dueling because NO ONE USES open world for anything(aside from RP spots), so all the scenery is generally wasted unless you’re doing a World Competition, or Guild missions. I think it be a great tool to help practice for fights in WvW, and to test builds with your friends. People afraid of open world dueling are blowing it out of proportion on what they think is going to happen. Why is dueling bad for open world? I mean look at the farming trains….is that really much better?

Farming trains suck.
Saying that no-one uses the openworld apart from your examples is ludicrous and the fact that the word “afraid” once again rears it’s head makes me really angry.

This game was designed around co-operation.
Deal with it

If you want to duel in your PvE gear and practice with your friends- there is no reason why you cannot do so in an arena made for the purpose.
I find it extremely interesting that all the “duelers” are so against having a designated area in the open-world/cities to do so.
That alone tells me these “duelers” are actually gankers

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Morrigan.2809)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Farming trains suck.
Saying that no-one uses the openworld apart from your examples is ludicrous and the fact that the word “afraid” once again rears it’s head makes me really angry.

This game was designed around co-operation.
Deal with it

If you want to duel in your PvE gear and practice with your friends- there is no reason why you cannot do so in an arena made for the purpose.
I find it extremely interesting that all the “duelers” are so against having a designated area in the open-world/cities to do so.
That alone tells me these “duelers” are actually gankers

The only time I ever see someone out in the open world is one of three things. One is leveling up a toon, the other is Guild Bounties, and the last is World Completion. The word afraid is due to the fact it’s just saying nononono we don’t want open world dueling because X will be spammed with duel invitations ,or are generally afraid of being called out, as some other players would view it. I’m not against it specific area dueling in places like the Bane(Black Citadel) and such, but there needs to be a place more accessible so the home cities don’t feel like Lion’s Arch. Another thing too is I think it would of been cool to make duel videos in the open world, to show more of the neat spots and all. Also correct, duelers are normally roamers, who take supply camps, and engage in 1v1 fights, or generally gank other roamers.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Strange, just about everyone in my guild roams the open world from time to time. Gathering mats to make ascended has brought some people to the open world, but some people enjoy it. A lot of people actually.

They’re hard to see because, unlike zergs, they’re not all in the same place at the same time.

I think you’d be surprised at how many people like the open world. And I’m pretty sure most of the people who like it wouldn’t care about dueling…and some of them might actively not want it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

2 modes of Duels should be available.

Absolute Equal Playing Field-
use 1 aspect from Southsun Survival,which is a similar set of skills available.
This way duels will be about a person’s actual skill since a fair playing field is present.
No hiding behind best equipment or profession superiority.

Standard 8 Profession Field-
No runes/sigils/trinkets/food buffs. Standard equipment set.
Just a duel using any of the 8 profession using its core abilities without any other gimmicks.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

OP, please try not to talk for the entire community, because you can’t. Whenever this subject is brought up, and it has been brought up frequently, most of the responses to threads are against open world dueling.

Not to say the forums are necessarily indicative of the majority, but it sure seems like a whole lot of people in this community are vocal opponents of open world dueling.

I wouldn’t mind dueling myself in designated areas, but not anywhere.

Why would it have to affect the entire community?
Duelling anywhere in the open world can be exclusive to those who want to do it. I run into you in open world PvE. I sent you a duel request. You accept. Timer flashes on screen : 3, 2, 1, Fight! We duel until someone is out of HP. Duel ends, fun was had.
In the other scenario, I run into you, send you duel request, you decline. And thats the end of it. You’re not forced into duelling. Your open world experience isn’t forcibly PvP.
I have played MMO’s with this duel-on-request feature. It’s a great system that allows duelling anywhere and its only for fun. Noone actually dies, the duel just ends with a declared winner when someones HP runs out.
This system would affect people out in the PvE open world very little as they can actively choose to not partake.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

Arenanet Your Community wants duels already.
options to duel other ppl in all over tyria….
so plz open your Eyes at :“duels” duels duels duels duels duels duels duels
duels duels duels duels duels duels duels and duels.
people could spend so much time dueling and having alot of fun instread of sitting in LA and doing nothing.

Well Jon Peters would disagree with Excalibur
I don’t know why some people are bothered by this feature.
Most of them are also forumers that often say: “if you don’t like that just ignore it”.
I find it funny
Btw, in my opinion all devs need to do is give players the ability to turn it off.

Attachments:

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

in Suggestions

Posted by: nightly.2761

nightly.2761

Well I am not really into 1v1 but why not add it in open world? If you dont like it don’t do it, it’s not like if they add it you are forced to PvP…

Make it that both people need to send eachother 1V1 request before anything pops up so people that don’t want it don’t get popups all the time and Disable downed mode in openworld 1v1.(battle ends if 1 of both reach 1HP) and make it only possible out of combat. Getting hit by a mob stops the match.

This gives everyone PvP option but doesn’t force anyone to do it..

Stop saying “no… PvP arena… WvW map…” because those are options and not real solutions for someone requesting openworld PvP. Those people know about the PvP zones..