1-11-13 SoS vs JQ vs BG redux

in WvW

Posted by: Aieo.2815

Aieo.2815

Stei from AoS seems to be JQ’s representative.

Sea of Sorrows > Jade Quarry > Sea of Sorrows
Effing rallybot

in WvW

Posted by: transtemporal.2158

transtemporal.2158

kittens about to get real on SoS tomorrow, you heard it here first t1

Welcome Never Die to SoS, finally we have asians!

Loved playing Never Die on IoJ. Numbers, skill and tactics always kept us on our toes. Welcome guys!

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

but you should not be surprised at all when those transfers are greeted with negative feedback or complaints from your opponents.

considering the amount of crying over every thing else in WvW I wouldn’t be surprised to add that to the list.

bottom line is SoS is very empty during SEA timezone. Now you will have someone to fight.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

Who is best person to talk to about JQ?

Nuked.2360 he is Stei.

Thanks for the support! If anyone wants to talk to someone about JQ or have any questions about the game I will gladly answer them!

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkus.2860

Pinkus.2860

Loved playing Never Die on IoJ. Numbers, skill and tactics always kept us on our toes. Welcome guys!

Such great news! I was starting to worry about your coverage… -_-

Pinkus – Webmaster
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
http://www.firstlightgaming.com

in WvW

Posted by: Cinix.2135

Cinix.2135

Can Some people from from Agg, MERC, Tysm or TS send me a tell. Want to talk to them about a certain someone they saw last nite in JQ BL. Would rather do it in tells to not bring up huge drama, thnx.

in WvW

Posted by: GekoHayate.2451

GekoHayate.2451

Hey Jedahs, can we get an updated A: score?

Havroun of Karp – Disciples of Magikarp [Karp]

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

This is a great game, good to see people proud of their own servers!

IMHO, I play way too much, 8+ hrs a day lately and I see commanders/players from all sides doing similar or longer hours. Dedication is a good thing as long as we do not all burn out. No point being the best ex player the game ever had.

I Hope to see you all on the battlefield enjoying yourselves for many months to come!

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in WvW

transtemporal.2158

I know right! Wow, you guys are so cool, worrying about our coverage like that! <3

in WvW

elkirin.8534

hopefully the score,

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkus.2860

Pinkus.2860

I know right! Wow, you guys are so cool, worrying about our coverage like that! <3

<3 We’re a caring bunch here at NOC

Pinkus – Webmaster
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
http://www.firstlightgaming.com

in WvW

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

Unless you play during >SEA< (not oceanic which has the east coast aussies) times please do not comment about this. I’ve gone up JQ night after night with the almighty FOO and DC providing muscle and coordination as well as many other guilds able to lock down and take soft targets (EMP, Maw, etc) and their pressure is extreme. We only really had MERC for muscle and AFS and militia. Don’t get me wrong though, I love the competition, each moment was an uphill battle that has kept this game alive for me. However, the nights we didn’t have a commander on were usually the nights where NA’s would be waking up to T3 JQ keeps on SoS bl.

It was a tremendous pressure to hold down our borderlands each night versing that organisation. Imagine having a t3 bay, but they’re trebbing from vale. Inside vale they’ll have a dozen manned ballista’s and a 60 man zerg idling around those trebs with supply constantly being run in small teams. Counter trebbing is rarely an option because they will have 8+ ele’s ready to swirl in multiple locations. Front on pushes result is getting mowed down. Stealth/Render/Portal bombs gain us some ground but once again we only get a small window to damage the seige because of the patience of their zerg to stand around trebs. Why not play defensive? well we often end up doing this to delay the inevitable, but they’ll have a theif/ranger tapping on every waypoint for the entire night so it’s a long run back and those yaks, well you can forget about them. They have mastered zugzwang in an MMO and kudo’s to them for doing so. Of course, they’re not unstoppable, we’ve had a lot of victories, even if that means just holding 190-220ppt but it’s a heap of stress doing so. We’ve come up with some pretty hilarious tactics to counter them as well, including our suicide chain portal bomb from citadel which allowed us to kill 9 trebs and turn the momentum back in our favour, despite the many deaths.
With the arrival of ND for IoJ, this stress has been lifted. While you may say SoS has amazing coverage and that anyone who joins us is a bandwagon I can assure you that you are wrong. Their arrival gives us much needed breathing room so that our commanders don’t have to tag up for 8+ hours each night. I strongly encourage more guilds to join the tier 1 bracket regardless of server and give the true feeling of WvW, a constant massive battle. No guild should feel that their absence will cripple the rest of the server; only that their presence will push for victory.

You mean like this man?

http://youtu.be/MYjq_xLeOLg

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

Unless you play during >SEA< (not oceanic which has the east coast aussies) times please do not comment about this. I’ve gone up JQ night after night with the almighty FOO and DC providing muscle and coordination as well as many other guilds able to lock down and take soft targets (EMP, Maw, etc) and their pressure is extreme. We only really had MERC for muscle and AFS and militia. Don’t get me wrong though, I love the competition, each moment was an uphill battle that has kept this game alive for me. However, the nights we didn’t have a commander on were usually the nights where NA’s would be waking up to T3 JQ keeps on SoS bl.

It was a tremendous pressure to hold down our borderlands each night versing that organisation. Imagine having a t3 bay, but they’re trebbing from vale. Inside vale they’ll have a dozen manned ballista’s and a 60 man zerg idling around those trebs with supply constantly being run in small teams. Counter trebbing is rarely an option because they will have 8+ ele’s ready to swirl in multiple locations. Front on pushes result is getting mowed down. Stealth/Render/Portal bombs gain us some ground but once again we only get a small window to damage the seige because of the patience of their zerg to stand around trebs. Why not play defensive? well we often end up doing this to delay the inevitable, but they’ll have a theif/ranger tapping on every waypoint for the entire night so it’s a long run back and those yaks, well you can forget about them. They have mastered zugzwang in an MMO and kudo’s to them for doing so. Of course, they’re not unstoppable, we’ve had a lot of victories, even if that means just holding 190-220ppt but it’s a heap of stress doing so. We’ve come up with some pretty hilarious tactics to counter them as well, including our suicide chain portal bomb from citadel which allowed us to kill 9 trebs and turn the momentum back in our favour, despite the many deaths.
With the arrival of ND for IoJ, this stress has been lifted. While you may say SoS has amazing coverage and that anyone who joins us is a bandwagon I can assure you that you are wrong. Their arrival gives us much needed breathing room so that our commanders don’t have to tag up for 8+ hours each night. I strongly encourage more guilds to join the tier 1 bracket regardless of server and give the true feeling of WvW, a constant massive battle. No guild should feel that their absence will cripple the rest of the server; only that their presence will push for victory.

You mean like this man?

Looks to me you got the trebs but made a very good badge farm? I don’t really know what else there is to say.

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

in WvW

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

You mean like this man?

Looks to me you got the trebs but made a very good badge farm? I don’t really know what else there is to say.

It also broke their siege, saved our ppt & T3 Garrison and made FOO pull off the map, its not all about badges you know? If it was I wouldn’t be sitting on 3k of them with nothing to with them.

Also shows that SoS doesn’t always have 60 man zergs to deal with things as the forum trolls would have you believe, often means we have to resort to these sort of tactics to beat our strong opposition, like FOO.

As a SoS commanders this was a proud moment for us as we watched the so called “Militia” continue to portal bomb the trebs and run back to the portal spot knowing fairly well that they were going to die, but didn’t care, died so that they could break FOO immensely strong foothold in our BL.

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

(edited by MagiKarp.8201)

in WvW

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

its not all about badges you know? If it was I wouldn’t be sitting on 3k of them with nothing to with them.

only 3k? what have you been doing?

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

“Splish, Splash… Four norn in a bath…”

Wait i’m a Sylvari!

Attachments:

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: silkysoft.6749

silkysoft.6749

Pants off friday

in WvW

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

Pants off friday

i don't think anyone at arenanet will get this but this x10000000000000000!
“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

in WvW

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

BG players are so bad I cant stop laughing after killing each one. I guess they were too used to playing in noob tier 2.

Your powers of observation and communication are beyond reproach.

in WvW

Posted by: Tala.7638

Tala.7638

BG players are so bad I cant stop laughing after killing each one. I guess they were too used to playing in noob tier 2.

Um yeah, totally disagree. It is trolling like this, that continues to hit incorrectly with our community. BG came out hard on Friday, and have plenty of skill. They are a solid server and deserve to be in T1. At the present time, SoS is organized and strong. We strive to be respectful to each other, commanders and militia, and put time into getting stronger. Sharing tactics, what we have seen from enemy guilds, the whole nine yards.

Please do not be discouraged BG. You have fought well this week.

Talaysteria/Talas Cap/Talarenth
THE Mystic Plumbers [LUCK]
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.

in WvW

elkirin.8534

I have enjoyed fighting JQ and BG this week, I have died many times and met many fine players. I can see no reason why BG, JQ, and SOS could not slug it out for many weeks to come.

While I agree totally with Tala;

I would ask people not to quote posts that are almost certainly going to be deleted. It gives the troll ongoing life.

Always your call though if you feel the troll needs to be called out.

(edited by elkirin.8534)

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

We aren’t at all. The vast majority of us have enjoyed this match immensely, and I have no doubt that we’ll continue to give it our all, improve our game and explore ways to win. The battles and tactics we’ve seen this week have been nothing short of awesome. I personally want to win. I like winning, even if there aren’t any rewards. The win alone is enough reward for me. But if I don’t win, as long as my team doesn’t give up, and continues to show signs of material improvement, I’m happy. Thankfully the other great players on Blackgate rarely disappoint me in this regard.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Kirbyprime.2645

Kirbyprime.2645

I have to admit that BG has a lot stronger Ele / Thief force compared to SBI. I mean that as a compliment btw.

Different kind of fight, though not really much difference in the overall EB scene.

in WvW

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

Ah its all cool, the big wvw BG guilds have done really well at getting sheer body counts in their engagements if nothing else at the end of the week to the point we’re seeing the enemy much… much cagier about attacking certain groups and assets.

Its just pretty amazing to see that many people from SOS and JQ fielded in such numbers, consistently over time that actually have the same direction. That more than anything else is something we’re working to counter.

Oh, and sooner or later like death and taxes I will get around dropping most all of you at some stage, so laughing, guildless nobody has something to look forward to.

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

“Splish, Splash… Four norn in a bath…”

Wait i’m a Sylvari!

Hottest spring in Tyria.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

in WvW

Posted by: Minoru.1237

Minoru.1237

Hats off to BG and in particular a 3-4 man crew from Hands Off My Octopus—well 1 from Rev—that had really good stun and stealth coordination and maybe a 4 – 6 man crew from Thai that never gave up a camp they were guarding. Both of those groups gave me some memorable fights this week. Also, I had some awesome fights with a thief from Sexy, though I don’t remember what server he or she is from. Shout out to you Sexy thief. I see you running solo all the time looking for good fights. Hope to see you out there next week.

in WvW

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

Just want to give props to Agg for fighting us tonight in BG bl, and not bailing out! I was on my way to bed around 4 am when I heard you guys were in there, and decided to give it another hour. Had some of the best fights this week vs. you guys.

Its a real shame we cant fight some more, but hopefully we will end up in the same borderlands tomorrow for some more fights.

It takes more than a bad troll to get BG to stand down I only wish the guilds that see their members do these kind of troll posts would do something about it.

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

in WvW

Posted by: neogico.3298

neogico.3298

Hi, I believe im the Sexy Thief from SoS… i run with a pistol, theres only 1 other thief thats active in Sexy at the moment but he usually runs in a group and hes d/d.

If you see me running about, im always up for a good duel.

in WvW

Posted by: Minoru.1237

Minoru.1237

It was you! Cheers. Thanks for waiting on me to change my cantrip. You put on too many conditions for me to survive with my don’t pull me off of the side of the keep armor of earth. See you next week.

in WvW

Tala.7638

Just want to give props to Agg for fighting us tonight in BG bl, and not bailing out! I was on my way to bed around 4 am when I heard you guys were in there, and decided to give it another hour. Had some of the best fights this week vs. you guys.

Its a real shame we cant fight some more, but hopefully we will end up in the same borderlands tomorrow for some more fights.

It takes more than a bad troll to get BG to stand down I only wish the guilds that see their members do these kind of troll posts would do something about it.

I wasn’t trolling chief. If you have read this thread, and my other posts, you would know that. I actually have given you, your film, and guild mad props all week. So take it for what it is worth, you are way off on your thoughts about what I was saying.

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

I wasn’t trolling chief. If you have read this thread, and my other posts, you would know that. I actually have given you, your film, and guild mad props all week. So take it for what it is worth, you are way off on your thoughts about what I was saying.

It looked like he was calling fuzzion (the guy you originally quoted as a troll) a bad troll, not YOU.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Tala.7638

It looked like he was calling fuzzion (the guy you originally quoted as a troll) a bad troll, not YOU.

my bad then, if so. he did quote me, so i addressed it. the quoting in these threads is weird. you never get all the former posts stuff, and in defense of myself, it is late, i do dorky things late. nuff said if so.

(edited by Tala.7638)

in WvW

Posted by: Raydaq.5421

Raydaq.5421

Just came in to read this and wondered. does anyone else notice that BG isn’t complaining about 2v1….
However, there are like 100000 post from JQ saying “Omg 2v1 always happens, welcome to T1 BG”…. SoS hasn’t seemed to say anything on it.

I found one person who mentioned a 2v1 from BG but they weren’t even complaining about it. They were talking about what a great fight they had…

Literally the post RIGHT above yours is a BG complaining about 2v1, lol

I think you just need to comprehend the reading a little better, sometimes people talk pretty to try and cover up their complaint

Nope, not on any of these 3 servers, was just reading through random WvW threads. love how 3 ppl just attack back, the kitten is strong in this thread. If you would actually read the thread above mine instead of pretending to understand, that guy was saying how much fun a 2v1 he encountered was. saying he had Fun and complaining are vastly different things…. I think I now understand where your confusion comes from…

in WvW

transtemporal.2158

We are in for the kitten-fight of kitten-fights next week fellows! Gird your loins! Make sure your pants are ironed!

Once they were friends… now they are deadly enemies!

in WvW

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

Great match this week. SoS, all bull kitten aside, you guys are worthy of the number one seed flexing not only the numbers with coverage but solid leadership and organization.

Blackgate you guys fight none stop into the last day like we do. I personally respect that and know JQ and BG could easily be switching colors this week or even next. You guys entering t1 made it a new challenge.

Anyway looking forward to next week regardless of the out come

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

in WvW

Thobek.1730

I agree with tala on this one. BG came in guns blazing and have NOT been a disappointment. I like BG. They seem like the guys that took a lot of kitten from JQ and SBI but have come back with a vengeance. SoS welcome’s you to T1 again, I hope you stick it out.

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

We are in for the kitten-fight of kitten-fights next week fellows! Gird your loins! Make sure your pants are ironed!

Once they were friends… now they are deadly enemies!

Loins girded, sir. This will be an interesting week! Rawr!

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: Indo.8629

Indo.8629

Honestly, I miss fighting HB from BG. Solid guild, brawlers to the max. Nothing but respect.

Tempest Wolves – The Sanctum
80k kills and counting

in WvW

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I agree that BG has some of the best thief/eles around that I have encountered.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in WvW

Posted by: Lanthrudar.1437

Lanthrudar.1437

BG shoud be fighting for second place. Any third place team that is new to a bracket that isn’t clawing and fighting for any success they can get would be foolish. If I played for BG I’d be squeezing the crap out of JQ at all hours because the best way to change the horizon of the T1 landscape is to first take JQ out of the picture. I have no horse in this race, but I do see things shaking up soon.

You can take 2nd place by squeezing PPT out of the leader too, while tightening the score at the same time thus leeching off their rating if you don’t manage 2nd. Win win. Just because a server is in 2nd place doesn’t always make them a softer target.

if you squeeze the leader then all you will get is retaliation from them, while 2nd place tries to create more of a distance between 2nd and 3rd. If BG were smart they would go after JQ while SoS tries to keep JQ from coming 1st. Then BG wouldn’t get doubled teamed and remain very close to 2nd place.

Umm, this is cowardly “logic”… #1 has the most points, yes? Is #2 and #3 take ppt from #1 the spread is double than if they take it from each other, regarding trying to catch up.

If #1 loses 20 points and #2 or #3 gain those 20 points that’s a 40 ppt change. If #2 or #3 take points from each other all they did was swap 20 points, #1 is still gaining their 20 points per turn they started with.

One method the point leader loses double and drops faster, the other method the #2 and #3 may swap positions but neither alters their relation to #1. And if a server wants to win they must make #1 lose points over time. That’s a fairly simple concept and should be easily understood..

It’s in the #1 team interest 100% of the time to have #2 and #3 fighting each other because it helps them keep their lead.

in WvW

Posted by: sielfiel.4692

sielfiel.4692

any update about PRX guild?

Blackgate since day 1

in WvW

Posted by: Lockhart.4703

Lockhart.4703

BG shoud be fighting for second place. Any third place team that is new to a bracket that isn’t clawing and fighting for any success they can get would be foolish. If I played for BG I’d be squeezing the crap out of JQ at all hours because the best way to change the horizon of the T1 landscape is to first take JQ out of the picture. I have no horse in this race, but I do see things shaking up soon.

You can take 2nd place by squeezing PPT out of the leader too, while tightening the score at the same time thus leeching off their rating if you don’t manage 2nd. Win win. Just because a server is in 2nd place doesn’t always make them a softer target.

if you squeeze the leader then all you will get is retaliation from them, while 2nd place tries to create more of a distance between 2nd and 3rd. If BG were smart they would go after JQ while SoS tries to keep JQ from coming 1st. Then BG wouldn’t get doubled teamed and remain very close to 2nd place.

Umm, this is cowardly “logic”… #1 has the most points, yes? Is #2 and #3 take ppt from #1 the spread is double than if they take it from each other, regarding trying to catch up.

If #1 loses 20 points and #2 or #3 gain those 20 points that’s a 40 ppt change. If #2 or #3 take points from each other all they did was swap 20 points, #1 is still gaining their 20 points per turn they started with.

One method the point leader loses double and drops faster, the other method the #2 and #3 may swap positions but neither alters their relation to #1. And if a server wants to win they must make #1 lose points over time. That’s a fairly simple concept and should be easily understood..

It’s in the #1 team interest 100% of the time to have #2 and #3 fighting each other because it helps them keep their lead.

Exactly, the point is if and only if the game is about winning point (and to keep the match-up competitive till end), #2 and #3 must not waste manpower and resources fighting each other but to 2v1 #1.

In short, team that can deny point to #1 while gaining point themselves before end will be victor.

But we know better to have FUN and slug each RED equally in tier1 …

Aina Sofia – Human Female Ranger
[HK] Hammer Kult – Jade Quarry

in WvW

GekoHayate.2451

if you squeeze the leader then all you will get is retaliation from them, while 2nd place tries to create more of a distance between 2nd and 3rd. If BG were smart (from the perspective of a SOS player) they would go after JQ while SoS tries to keep JQ from coming 1st. Then BG wouldn’t get doubled teamed and remain very close to 2nd place, and SOS would maintain a comfortable lead.

Corrections made for great justice.

in WvW

Thobek.1730

wow BG, camping the eb puzzle when the match is over.. this sickens me. and to think I thought you were cool. ;p

in WvW

Posted by: Indo.8629

Indo.8629

They’ve moved to JQ.

Next matchup will be interesting.

Tempest Wolves – The Sanctum
80k kills and counting

in WvW

GekoHayate.2451

wow BG, camping the eb puzzle when the match is over.. this sickens me. and to think I thought you were cool. ;p

From the sounds of map chat SOS was camping it about 30 minutes ago so if BG is camping there now I wonder whose cold virtually dead hands they took it from.

kittenol =D

t*r*o*l is filtered?!?! Oh anet you silly kittens!

in WvW

Thobek.1730

From the sounds of map chat SOS was camping it about 30 minutes ago so if BG is camping there now I wonder whose cold virtually dead hands they took it from.

kittenol =D

t*r*o*l is filtered?!?! Oh anet you silly kittens!

we’ll give you your turn tomorrow when SoS log off. chillax.

in WvW

GekoHayate.2451

I thought smiley emotes denoted a joking tone?

which is why your ;P was met with a =D

in WvW

Posted by: sielfiel.4692

sielfiel.4692

They’ve moved to JQ.

Next matchup will be interesting.

well, talk about balance in tier 1. JQ acquired PRX, SOS acquired ND. sweet. goodluck BG. goodluck to SOR too

Blackgate since day 1

in WvW

Posted by: Kezorian.5107

Kezorian.5107

Score Update:

Attachments:

Co-Leader of Onslaught [OnS]
Believegate – #freepot
http://www.onslaughtclan.enjin.com

(edited by Kezorian.5107)