10/19 Sanctum of Rall vs Crystal Desert vs Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: arcaneclarity.5283

arcaneclarity.5283

As one of the newer NA people on Sea of Sorrows, I am seriously disappointed in the Australian guilds. I shouldn’t have to feel like I need to spend all night playing in addition to all day because a bunch of AU wanted to slack in WvW all night to do the Halloween event.

in WvW

Posted by: viperior.2461

viperior.2461

Speaking of orbs, I’d love to know how the altar was broken in the Hills in SoR BL about half an hour ago with the orb vanishing. Before someone mentions the Quaggans – no, we own all the Quaggans and they don’t go through an altar quite that quickly anyway. Was also sufficiently after us taking it for it to reasonably be a Mesmer (plus we had basically all of their manpower tied up with our attack on the Garrison anyway). I’d love to give this the benefit of the doubt, although I’m dubious given that my map awareness is far from poor and I didn’t even see white swords pop up (not to mention taking a group in there with five or less would be pretty gutsy against an orb-fuelled lord), so I’ll ask and am genuinely interested on how that one happened?

I think something weird is going on with the Altars. I saw hostile Orb Protectors spawn out of nowhere next to our friendly ones just after relocating our orb. I’m not sure if they would be capable of defeating the NPCs and destroying the altar, however. shrugs

Knight Of Flowers – Caedas Guild [CDS] – Sanctum of Rall – Healing Warrior Monk
~The kind of Norn who one-shots his coffee before it even cools down.~
http://caedas.enjin.com ~ http://youtube.com/viperior

in WvW

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

It’s still going on. But somehow you’re holding on to the keep in CD BL still.

But it’s fine – you might have a choke-point, but we spent our time well yesterday, preparing just for this eventuality. The joke’ll be on you when we roll out our candy corn ICBMs. Golems? Who needs ’em?

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Obed.7629

Obed.7629

We’ve been on 6-8 hours every day this week and are getting burned out.

Dude! If it’s not fun, take a break. I expect this MMO to have a long run, and we’ll need you for future matches.

in WvW

Ghedoriah.4290

As one of the newer NA people on Sea of Sorrows, I am seriously disappointed in the Australian guilds. I shouldn’t have to feel like I need to spend all night playing in addition to all day because a bunch of AU wanted to slack in WvW all night to do the Halloween event.

>.>
You have seen the score right now, that’s thanks to the Oceanics, haven’t you? The NA shift (no offence to them, as they started off working up from basically zilch) left them with about 140PPT maybe and we’re… where exactly, now?

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Alien.1845

Alien.1845

Sad to see the contradiction between the new NA to the Oceanic guilds in SoS after we got the decent backup from NA for this week matchup. Im saying decent because i understand we still dont have enough NA players in our server but this is a great start.

Both should be matured enough to know tolerance is the key to keep both new NA and Oceanic together. Be kind and generous to learn how each other operate, in terms of all the factors in real life and e-life. If thing doesnt work out your way, ask the opposition the problem and help to fix it, not blaming each other cause it wont help.

I do appreciate the NA tremendous effort though for putting up the hard fight for SoS this week, but if u think Oceanic doesnt give as much as u did, your presumption of this one week fight is almost intolerable. Try to see more than the surface.

Skyinthesea | Team Shatter
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: arcaneclarity.5283

arcaneclarity.5283

>.>
You have seen the score right now, that’s thanks to the Oceanics, haven’t you? The NA shift (no offence to them, as they started off working up from basically zilch) left them with about 140PPT maybe and we’re… where exactly, now?

NA handed almost completely capped maps the day before the Halloween event and within one night we lost literally everything. The following day it was NA trying to recover everything the AU guilds lost.

Right now we have a couple of active AU guilds and a bunch of NA players who are still playing a whole lot more than they should have to to get everything back.

in WvW

Posted by: Kohai.2571

Kohai.2571

it’s funny to watch oceanics and north americans arguing about who is doing better at SoS.

[LUN]Lunáticos – Sanctum of Rall – Brazilian Guild
http://lunaticosgw2.enjin.com [PT-BR]

in WvW

Alien.1845

Lack of communication

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: TurtleMuncher.9750

TurtleMuncher.9750

Lets not play the blame game until this rotation ends

MERC

in WvW

Kohai.2571

^ i do not understand you

in WvW

Alien.1845

Agreed. We became a laughing stock to other server when we do that. Let’s laugh at other server for being awesome

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Duv.1603

Duv.1603

SoR has passed SoS in rating and if the match ended currently would jump to T2 fighting HoD & Blackgate. Likely the more balanced match would be the T3 bracket with (SoS/SoR)-Eredon-TC. Perhaps we should let the wookie win…

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

Hey SoS,

All of us who fought against you from Maguuma and Dragonbrand last week predicted that there would be a schism between your NA and Oceanic presence that would slowly devolve into mudslinging and ultimately a server split. While we would like to enjoy some schadenfreude watching this play out over the next week, for the sake of every server’s WvW balance, please don’t act like PRX did in their post a few pages back. We don’t want to encourage another server split that is just going to jumble up the rankings yet again.

Thanks.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Vukovic.9320

Vukovic.9320

SoR has been holding their keep for ages!
Our SoS commanders seem to be getting quite frustrated xD
Bloody good show chaps! Bloody good show!

in WvW

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

Hey SoS,

All of us who fought against you from Maguuma and Dragonbrand last week predicted that there would be a schism between your NA and Oceanic presence that would slowly devolve into mudslinging and ultimately a server split. While we would like to enjoy some schadenfreude watching this play out over the next week, for the sake of every server’s WvW balance, please don’t act like PRX did in their post a few pages back. We don’t want to encourage another server split that is just going to jumble up the rankings yet again.

Thanks.

Unfortunately for you, you’re getting way ahead of yourself. Take your grudge elsewhere.

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

Next week will be fun then!

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: MaLeVoLenT.8129

MaLeVoLenT.8129

Hey SoS,

Thanks.

Well then you’ll be happy to know that this isn’t going to happen. If anything this will make us stronger- look at the map. We no doubt expect things to be rough for everyone to settle in their new homes and despite what it looks like from outside, from the inside Sea of Sorrows is still a way better server than dragonbrand k thx.

Oceanics & NA of SoS,

Why the hell are you guys taking this debate to a public forum for us the be a mockery to all GW2 servers. We have a server forum for a reason use it. This kitten is embarrassing and while PRX’s message was meant to stir up some organization I think it also put some dismay in our Oceanic counterparts. No doubt both Oceanic and NA SoS have things to work out but lets not do it on the public forums.
Sea-of-sorrows.com

-Malevolence Omen of Onslaught and AoI

~The Mad Court~ [OnS]Onslaught GM
Malevolent Omen -Guardian
Mad King Mal -Rev

in WvW

Obed.7629

I.E. LEADER Mara

I don’t know what you are “IE-ing”, so I don’t know if you are praising or condemning, but Mara knows her stuff and has charisma. If you follow and listen to her, we will win.

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Here’s all you need to know SoS,

SoR’s oceanic, or “night time crew” are fine. We smash you constantly, we’re better man for man, and we know that like the weather, your zerg will pass with a few hours time. All we have to do is slow you down or stop you at the gates, and you waste away with time.

Everyone seemed so exited to see the SoR, SoS matchup. SoS has been pretty average as far as I’ve seen. Good numbers, I’ll give you that, but not much else. SoR is tight. Nothing for you to worry about.

in WvW

Obed.7629

All I wanted was overlook. Why must you ruin things for me SoR?

Server dramas aside, this has been a very fun match-up, kudos to both CD/SoR.

The protocol for sight-seeing is that you must first disarm and disrobe. If you are not naked and empty-handed, you’ll be shot on sight.

(Just kidding! We shoot naked characters, too.)

in WvW

Posted by: NorthStar.3798

NorthStar.3798

You put out the call to your server for NA guilds. You touted your WvW tenacity and ability and wanted help to make SoS more competitive in WvW. [PRX] and other NA guilds (RMA, FoE, TSym, AoI etc) answered the call and many of you welcomed us in a friendly fashion.

Our first match with Maguuma and Dragonbrand ended in 6 hours before you even woke up. We did a 100% cap in EB and our NA brothers did amazing work on their maps and Maguuma and Dragonbrand gave up – all while you were asleep.

And that’s what exactly what you all did. You made SoS “more competitive” . That does not mean you will always win every match. There is still 2 more days to go. SoS may not be T1 server yet but has potential.

LoL at your first server match. Tysm, Atac, VI, Work, etc.. all left Dragonbrand for SoS right before that match up – of course that was an easy victory for SoS. That was a face roll SoS did.

I hope all you guilds don’t transfer off SoS and leave the server hanging, but then again I wont be surprised if you all do.

[VNG]Northstar
www.VengeanceClan.com
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: rook.4625

rook.4625

^ Did you even read his post?

Before Halloween patch, EB map was entirely blue, SoS with at least 500+ PPT.

Then it’s like candy corn became priority, so in his defense, what’s the point of his and his guild’s contribution?

in WvW

Posted by: Azariah.8420

Azariah.8420

Here’s all you need to know SoS,

SoR’s oceanic, or “night time crew” are fine. We smash you constantly, we’re better man for man, and we know that like the weather, your zerg will pass with a few hours time. All we have to do is slow you down or stop you at the gates, and you waste away with time.

Everyone seemed so exited to see the SoR, SoS matchup. SoS has been pretty average as far as I’ve seen. Good numbers, I’ll give you that, but not much else. SoR is tight. Nothing for you to worry about.

Interesting, cos that superior force just rocked up to SoS borderlands caught a few towers lost them again, got pushed from bay and has now bailed back to the other bl’s, so yeah, cheers for bringing such obviously superior force that I suppose just found more fun things to do elsewhere?

anyways score update

Sanctum of Rall: 187,469 +220
Sea of Sorrows: 154,678 +425
Crystal Desert: 73,732 +50

Been a fun fight so far gentlemen, gonna miss the end of the matchup but hope it goes well for everyone.

80 Thief – Black Lion Mercenary Corps [MERC]
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Alien.1845

Well done SoS for today, getting back the points but we still far from catching up after the patches. Keep up, u can do it !

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: rook.4625

rook.4625

Thanks for the score update, indeed, looking good!

in WvW

Posted by: Chidawg.6315

Chidawg.6315

SoS is a great server. On Monday night we were crushing it. SoR seemed to be down and SoS seem to be coasting to a win. We were up about 10K in points. 400+ in PPTs and owned all of EB and SoR BL(except for couple supply camps). SoR couldn’t take any of our towers let alone the keeps in SoR BL.

Now after the Halloween patch it seems SoS has stumbled. I get PRX is angry because they have been extremely devoted to WvW and seeing all that effort and time and money wasted is heartbreaking. I think we all feel that. A lot of people have spent a lot of effort this match up. It sucks…

BUT, Lets not lose sight of the long term goal which is getting to T1. SoS has great potential. I think we can all agree to that. If we just try and play the next several days like we did on the weekends/Monday before patch, I’m sure we would be up on PPT every day.

Lets build SoS internally, no more transferring. Lets be apart of getting SoS to the top. Lets just try and do our best and even if we lose, so be it; at least we tried. A SoS call to arms would be scary…. very scary… Except for a few trolls, people actually listen and we do well when we band together.

Who gives a kitten if NA is better or Oceanic is better. That’s like saying my left foot is better than my right foot. You need 2 feet to walk.

Chibong(lvl 80 necro)/Chidawg(lvl 80 thief)
SoS – The Industry[WORK]

(edited by Chidawg.6315)

in WvW

Posted by: Michael.1268

Michael.1268

And that’s what exactly what you all did. You made SoS “more competitive” . That does not mean you will always win every match. There is still 2 more days to go. SoS may not be T1 server yet but has potential.

LoL at your first server match. Tysm, Atac, VI, Work, etc.. all left Dragonbrand for SoS right before that match up – of course that was an easy victory for SoS. That was a face roll SoS did.

I hope all you guilds don’t transfer off SoS and leave the server hanging, but then again I wont be surprised if you all do.

It’s ironic that you would accuse Tysm etc of server jumping. Yes, a lot of people left Dragonbrand (including me) after the match where Blackgate got a bunch of transfers mid week. I remember you trying to rally DB guilds after that match.

DB was my first server and I have only transferred once. A lot of the commanders I see on SoS I have seen from the early days of DB so I believe that they have only transferred once as well. In fact, I’m pretty sure that you and your guild have only transferred once.

What makes you think that the DB transfers that SoS got will bail? They left DB once week before you did. Are you going anywhere?

I know there were a lot of bad feelings when people left after that Blackgate match, but it’s in the past now. I usually only play during N/A primetime and I only play 6-8 hours a week so I really like SoS. The longest I’ve ever waited in a queue was 2 mins, I usually play alone and most of the commanders here are good, and at N/A primetime the matches are fun and back and forth. I’ll bet SoR is the same way (although I don’t know about queues).

Ted Theodore Logan – Elementalist
Bill S Preston Esq – Guardian
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

NorthStar.3798

@Michael – I honestly don’t think Tysm and AoI wont server server jump from SoS.. It was more of cheap jab at them =D. They really made a good difference/addition to SoS NA time and moved to SoS for good reason for a better WvW experience.

It was more to PRX then anything, if you know how they game. PRx is a force to be reckon with but they always like to be on winning servers.

We wont be leaving SoR. Que times are very good at moment but they can be long on the popular popular maps (EB).

[VNG]Northstar
www.VengeanceClan.com
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: kingxcon.5607

kingxcon.5607

This Monday it was all Sea of Sorrow before i sleep at night. I decided to call out sick at work(Fake) just to play WvW on Tuesday. When i woke up, Its almost All Red(SoR). We Keep and maintain the Score the Whole time at 400-500+. Now its Wednesday, I heard that SoS is star Taking everything again.

Just Want to mention, I was not Aware what happening in WvW when im at work but Glad to see and knowing the New Guilds that is WvWing. In Crystal Desert Borderland, “ND” has a Great amount of Numbers Who Zerg like a boss.

I am Late, But Welcome to New Guilds that Transfer and Help our server. TW, ND, CDS, LUN, Fate, kiwi, etc." Most of us Appreciate your Stay. Also Thank you for providing Team Speak for the server. I saw them your Spamming it in WvW.

All New Guilds Deserve a Recognition. All Old and New People Deserve a Credit. We play as a Team. Not as an 1 guild. Horayy!

Sanctum of Rall | Warrior | [WF]-Leader | Part-time (Commander)
The real leader has no need to lead—
he is content to point the way. INFRONT OF THE BATTLEFIELD!!! -Kingxcon

in WvW

Posted by: Michael.1268

Michael.1268

It was more to PRX then anything, if you know how they game. PRx is a force to be reckon with but they always like to be on winning servers.

Fair enough. =)

Ted Theodore Logan – Elementalist
Bill S Preston Esq – Guardian
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Skylash.8243

Skylash.8243

Interesting, cos that superior force just rocked up to SoS borderlands caught a few towers lost them again, got pushed from bay and has now bailed back to the other bl’s, so yeah, cheers for bringing such obviously superior force that I suppose just found more fun things to do elsewhere?

anyways score update

Sanctum of Rall: 187,469 +220
Sea of Sorrows: 154,678 +425
Crystal Desert: 73,732 +50

Been a fun fight so far gentlemen, gonna miss the end of the matchup but hope it goes well for everyone.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————

lol I would hardly call roughly10 PRX coming in to cause some distraction and moving to other BLs “bailing”. But then again it isn’t really NA primetime yeah?

in WvW

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Can we just get a rematch of this tier next week? Maybe swap CD for another server and have a great 3 way match going? I think this is the closest to a real match I have been in. Its Wednesday and we are still talking about who will win.

in WvW

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

The match should be SoS, SoR and IoJ/BG. They should just drop HoD and ET to a tier 5/6 and get it over with.

in WvW

Ghedoriah.4290

Sadly not really possible unless ET somehow picked up the ball in their match (not going to happen). Unfortunately with HoD in B2 and ET in B3 next week, no matter what the end result between SoS and SoR, they’re doomed for a 1v1v0.1 match. That said, I’m kinda disappointed in CD not really showing up to the party. They looked like they were making a fine push last night, securing their third of EB and taking a large chunk of their own BL back, but the EB lot seemed to fold too quickly.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Azariah.8420

Azariah.8420

@skylash might need to read that again, you seem to have who im talking about confused :P

SoS ftw

80 Thief – Black Lion Mercenary Corps [MERC]
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Archaeneoso.8461

Archaeneoso.8461

Come on SoS there is candy corn out there!!!

Don’t give up on your Halloween dreams!

in WvW

Posted by: TurtleMuncher.9750

TurtleMuncher.9750

“Rich candy corn node north of Ascension Bay”
heh.

MERC

in WvW

Posted by: laffingseals.5934

laffingseals.5934

Some footage from The Republic (SPQR) point of view of the fighting:

www.youtube.com/user/trguild1

• All are from this round of server match ups **
twitch.tv/manaspell
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeULWbbiVWCuIzt-6EMq1Iw
twitter.com/manaspell0

in WvW

NorthStar.3798

^^ [SPQR] must really hate Crystal Desert lol

http://youtu.be/v2mBgDGZXts

[VNG]Northstar
www.VengeanceClan.com
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Duv.1603

Duv.1603

Score update, Ready, GO!

in WvW

Posted by: ghostchipz.2341

ghostchipz.2341

In our defence, when we took that first orb back by taking the Hills keep in the SoR BL, you guys were hardly afk. The pile of our dead kinda went to show that. Still, I can probably appreciate that it wasn’t the same sort of numbers that you’d had a couple of hours beforehand.

I was one of the defenders last night and trust me when i say there were not many of us there.Defending that orb was the most fun i have had in a while i did feel sorry for you trying to get into the orb keep room.

keep it up its great fun

in WvW

Posted by: mmartong.1794

mmartong.1794

Can we just get a rematch of this tier next week? Maybe swap CD for another server and have a great 3 way match going? I think this is the closest to a real match I have been in. Its Wednesday and we are still talking about who will win.

As a unaffiliated refugee from DB, on SOR now, it’s so nice to see a competitive match this week. I’ve been really impressed w/ SOR’s resiliency. SOS takes over the map, SOR comes back.

@mmartong
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

A) It’s halloween. GW2 hasn’t had an event like this yet so people want to see what it’s all about.

If you’re serious at all about WvW, then “an event like this” takes all of about 5 minutes to soak in.

D) Hackers/exploits.. Sea of Sorrows HATE when this happens, and yes even to the point where they will simply not play. Why? Because pretty much every single match we have had our orbs hacked.

Every server hates when this happens. This has happened to all servers.

Players that are serious at all about WvW suck it up, accept that cheaters will cheat, and then play even harder. When JQ had 3 orbs simultaneously hacked by ET/HOD within 10 minutes (most likely ET by reports at the time), what happened? JQ went Hulk-bestial-rage mode and picked up 80 PPT against ET within two hours.

It’s the way it is.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in WvW

Posted by: Dixa.6017

Dixa.6017

i’m on SoS, i’m in MERC and i’m a north american player – yet i also routinely play during australain prime time

monday i played during us prime and sub prime (2pm pst to 5pm pst, basically 5-8pm EST) and we not only held all of EB but had retaken nearly all of our Bl and held half of the other two BLs. we were leading and had the higher score per update when i finally had to log off.

i came back on at 2am tuesday morning after patch and tried to play. now, australians will say ‘but we were patching for hours’ but i don’t buy this – not when we had overflows in lions arch and queensdale of people i normally see out in the BL’s doing halloween. we got down to +50 soething score and still none of you would help.

you chose to not help and we nearly lost PRX due to it. no, you aren’t required to 100% commit to wvw, but to nearly 100% de-commit to it due to a pve event is embarrassing after all the hub-bub made to get more NA and EU players on this server.

our NA presence is the strongest it’s been since day 4 of this games release w hen a ton of NA left for other servers. if you wish to keep it this way, start balancing time between wvw and halloween and do not join bl’s just to farm candy corn or do jumping puzzles – you are not helping

in WvW

Obed.7629

As a unaffiliated refugee from DB, on SOR now, it’s so nice to see a competitive match this week. I’ve been really impressed w/ SOR’s resiliency. SOS takes over the map, SOR comes back.

Let’s give SoS props, too. I was playing when SoR had scores in the upper 600’s, and SoS were still aggressive and focused.

And if we don’t turn things around, they are going win the match!

I hope not, and I think we’ve got the numbers and skill to prevail, but gosh what fun!

in WvW

Posted by: Troedoff.5634

Troedoff.5634

Score update for those of us at work?

in WvW

Kohai.2571

score update….i just woke up let’s fight o/

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Scorpio Shirica.1286

Scorpio Shirica.1286

I hope SoS goes far. We fought them as TC and it was very good slugging match for the first half the week. This server has seen a lot of people come and go, a lot of NA guilds thinking they would be the saviours to bring them to the top. While I might not play against many of the SoS primetimers due to time zone issues, I think they are stand up folks that have been through the ringer.

-Cheers from sidelines.- Go SoS!

in WvW

Posted by: Shadowzerk.4715

Shadowzerk.4715

its our bed time
night night SoR

Sanctum of Rall – Frontier Commander of DNS