11/23 - TC, FA & YB

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Got (part) of the story of what happened. Seems like I missed a lot past night.

As of now only a small handful has transferred to TC.

The story of why people wanted to move is both sad and hilarious.

Apparently people were tired of carrying pugs which is completely understandable. Ask anyone from FA and they’ll tell you. We have some great WvW guilds, but the pubs are completely terrible. Bunch of people who stand around auto attacking gates without siege.

The other day I saw a group of 15 pubs auto attacking the gate to a tower. No siege. I watched to see how long they would go on. After 10 minutes I got bored and threw down a ram. It only got half built, because of 15 people only 2 were carrying supply.

From what I understand, last night we lost a ton of stuff in WvW because we had a huge group fighting the wurm. Which is completely idiotic, and something I would expect from FA pubs. We have good guilds, Pro, ULTD, PTX. But our pubs are complete idiots.

So yea, I don’t blame people for wanting to distance themselves from that.

Personally I won’t be going to TC. From what I understand, it’s the role play server, and that’s not my style.

i do get your points but i think it’s a little harsh to call them idiots. They simply don’t know. but as guild we should be helping them to understand how wvw works. we have a few members teaching newbies how to use siege and supply and what the camps and upgrades are for and i think every guild should do that. if they dont read the chat.whisper them and ask them if they wanted some tips.
i had someone calling me an idiot as she/he thought i was hitting the wrong wall that was invulnerable i said i was hitting back wall and doing 9k per hit. he went to check and was surprised. he didnt know. instead of getting frustrated with them TEACH them.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

The pug situation is only a part of a bigger reason we decided to leave. It certainly isn’t the main one, lol. killer had a decent summary of our reasons on page 9 of this thread.

Derv has been pretty good about teaching pugs actually. And one of the benefits of having open recruitment was that many pugs decided to join the guild and became better players.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Sir William PD.9615

Sir William PD.9615

+1 to Selan.

There are a lot of people who simply don’t understand the dynamics of world vs world. I find it frustrating as well and my replies to some of the questions really depends on my mood at the moment. If I have just been rolled by a group of PINK for the 9th time of the evening, I will probably be a bit terse.

We do need to reach out to the puggers, or small guilds though and teach them to be an asset and not just someone who is making a good player wait in the queue.

For those GODS looking for a home, check out the Fort Aspenwood community site that is starting (PM me for the link…don’t want no stinkin spies!)

There is a listing of guilds that are coming together to build the community and you can find a home there. If you’re over 18 and have a good sense of humor and want to apply to one of the longest running guilds in online gaming, you can apply here: www.purpledragons.net.

-Thoryn Stormbrew, Dolyak Slayer
Purple Dragons – Fort Aspenwood
www.purpledragons.net

(edited by Sir William PD.9615)

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Like I said I didn’t get the full story, and I wasn’t online last night, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Anet make Rev great again.

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Deyja.6745

Deyja.6745

If/when the GODS members decide to play in EB shoot me a pm/mail and I should be able to answer any questions you have.

Solid week of WvW and I am looking forward to the next.

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Shinhwa.1604

Shinhwa.1604

Am I the last one to find out about this?

I just logged in this morning to find derv and a few others transferred to TC.

It was basically a snap decision Wasabi. 16 hours before GODS left Derv sent me an email saying we weren’t transferring. 3 hours after Jedi and his cohort announced they were leaving to go to another server Derv announced in LA that GODS was leaving.

I’m not following GODS to TC. Last night while I sat in LA I found a bunch of others who said they weren’t either. If GODS had transferred to a lower tier server to build it up I would have gone with them. Jumping up to win isn’t my thing.

Derv has ego enough for 3 guilds, but I’ve worked with enough military commanders and CEOs to know that isn’t an uncommon trait. What sucks is that over the last 2-3 weeks Derv had made a bunch of changes to how we organized and fought that were really going to pay off. Instead it all went kerplowie. Now GODS will have much smaller numbers and from the sound of one of the previous posters he may not even have the support of the top players.

Fort Aspenwood

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Spaceman.1063

Spaceman.1063

Personally I won’t be going to TC. From what I understand, it’s the role play server, and that’s not my style.

Some clarifications to this:

You can play on TC for a month long, each day, PVE and WvW, and don’t meet a single actual roleplayer. It happened.

You can meet some roleplayers on TC, and they won’t be forcing you to roleplay with them. In fact, they would most probably ignore you even if you tried (RPers are generally used to everyone making fun of them, so they just shut out the outside world and filter out anyone not from their group).

Finally, there is virtually no RP in TC’s WvW apart from one particular higher-profile guild (that I know of), and even that from my experience generally boils down to occasionally shouting “For Ascalon!” during battles.

“However, as this discussion has no real goal except complaining about the thief,
I will now close it.” – Moderator

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Also the issue with a lot of pubs is that they quite simply, do not want to listen.

There are a ton of people who know what they’re supposed to do, but just don’t care.

And no matter how many times you tell them “stop fighting the wurm we need to defend our structures”, no matter how many times you tell them “back off from stonemist”, no matter how many times you tell them "don’t auto attack the gates, it does nothing. work on building siege or make a siege run, they just don’t care. They know they shouldn’t fight the wurm, they know they should carry supply, they know they shouldn’t auto attack gates, but they do it anyways.

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

I agree with Kitty to some extent. This is why I always say commanding is a thankless task; I remember when we were 2v1’d at TCG and we had to keep telling people to stop repairing the wall (though they didn’t) and we even sent tells to them asking them to stop. In the end, it boiled down to all of us accusing everyone else of being spies lol!

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: rhonyn.6810

rhonyn.6810

Missed all this drama. Anyways…enjoy the new server, hope you find what you are looking for.

Tier 3 seems to be a population edge tier. We’ve got tier 1 & 2 servers being flagged “Full” the majority of the time with decent coverage. The only other NA server I’ve seen that is flagged “Full” for a large period is TC. For whatever reason TC doesn’t seem to be able to compete in Tier 2, and it doesn’t look like any other NA server (outside tier 1/2) has the raw numbers to compete with TC in tier 3. FA losing numbers to TC is doubly negative and equivalent to 2x the number xfering from another tier into TC as far as population balance goes (ie -made up numbers- TC goes up 50, and FA goes down 50 = 100 player swing)

The scoring gap between t3 and t2 is fairly large, so TC isn’t moving up anytime soon, and the same goes for CD moving up…and even if CD moved up, I don’t think the dynamic would change for this tier. So, baring additional sizable xfers it looks like T3 is going to be auto wins for TC for weeks…(months?) With the other servers just playing for 2nd….with the knowledge that TC’s actions will ultimately decide who actually finishes 2nd, by where they focus.

There will still be action and good fights, I just don’t see T3 being competitive from a score perspective (baring population/participation changes). FAvYBvCD would prolly be a more competitive match-up.

But this perhaps leads us more into the FA play style anyways….look for fights and have fun as scoring really doesn’t matter in the end anyways.

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Totally welcome any TC presence, but please please don’t get all commander-aggro.

One of the biggest strengths of TC’s WvW showing is that its extremely solo/small guild friendly. Its a sort of trial by fire for anyone who wants to start shouting orders in /team, and not every functioning commander on TC indeed has such a title. Successfully commanding on TC means learning first and foremost that you only lead on virtue of success, not a 100 gold commander title or having twenty guys with the same guild tag in the same place.

In truth, TC may very well be a very hard place to recruit new guild members, as a larger-than-average number of TC’s population lives in small 5-20 person guilds which are very tight knit. This is part of the reason why TC’s “mess of guild tags” is actually effective. Those smaller guilds tend to learn each other’s play very well, and this results in a pretty fun to watch ability for a big ol’ stack of TC to organically split in to pieces or spread out to cover a larger front more efficiently than some of the servers we find ourselves against.

If you’re successful, all these little solo and militia elements tend to fall in line with whatever you’re trying to do. If you’re annoying, bossy, rude, or just make a string of bad calls you’re going to lose the support of that militia just as fast. The mass of small groups the server is known for tend to fall in with people that have earned their respect, and earning that respect only happens when you’ve shown your battle plan provides results.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Sir William PD.9615

Sir William PD.9615

You can play on TC for a month long, each day, PVE and WvW, and don’t meet a single actual roleplayer. It happened.

You can meet some roleplayers on TC, and they won’t be forcing you to roleplay with them. In fact, they would most probably ignore you even if you tried (RPers are generally used to everyone making fun of them, so they just shut out the outside world and filter out anyone not from their group).

Finally, there is virtually no RP in TC’s WvW apart from one particular higher-profile guild (that I know of), and even that from my experience generally boils down to occasionally shouting “For Ascalon!” during battles.

This kind of bums me out Spaceman. I was always picturing /map on TC with a bunch of “Hail!”, “What Ho!” and other such things. I like to picture after I’ve downed a player he says “I hath been mortally wounded!”

-Thoryn Stormbrew, Dolyak Slayer
Purple Dragons – Fort Aspenwood
www.purpledragons.net

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Yea I always liked to imagine that when I downed someone he was calling for a medic in voice chat.

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Ira.5172

Ira.5172

sooo…how about them WvW battles??

Ira Souleater – Necromancer
Talons [BT]
Fort Aspenwood

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

But this perhaps leads us more into the FA play style anyways….look for fights and have fun as scoring really doesn’t matter in the end anyways

Mmmmmmmm, and what a playstyle it is.

Welcome to the jungle.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

PopeUrban.2578

This kind of bums me out Spaceman. I was always picturing /map on TC with a bunch of “Hail!”, “What Ho!” and other such things. I like to picture after I’ve downed a player he says “I hath been mortally wounded!”

Uh. Well. Not in /map or /team anyway. I’ve seen local get a bit entertaining though. Most of the hardcore roleplayers don’t generally come to WvW, but there’s this kind of unspoken knowledge that we’re the RP server… so sometimes we fake it for teh lulz, but even then its kinda kitten.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

The other day I saw a group of 15 pubs auto attacking the gate to a tower. No siege. I watched to see how long they would go on. After 10 minutes I got bored and threw down a ram. It only got half built, because of 15 people only 2 were carrying supply.

We have good guilds, Pro, ULTD, PTX. But our pubs are complete idiots.

Pffft, we were all newbies once.

It only takes 2 minutes to explain a group of newbies what siege is and how supply works. Then another 5 minutes to lead them to a camp, supply up, run back and build your rams.

Look at it this way…
About 3% of the population plays computer games.
About 1% of that 1% plays GW2.
About 5% of that 1% of 3% plays on your server.
About 20% of that 5% of 1% of 3% plays WWW.

So, these people are veeeeeeeeery much like you, it will be hard for you to ever meet a person in real life that is so much alike.

The only difference is that they don’t have your experience in WWW yet.

And you are here on this forum bashing them, calling them ‘complete idiots’, instead of helping these people.

If you can’t even take 10 minutes to explain things to these new people and show them how to do it, then you are more part of the problem than part of the solution.

Just my 2 cents.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

PopeUrban.2578

Give a man a ram, and he’ll deploy it on a road.

Teach a man to ram, and… well sometimes he’ll still deploy it on a road, but at least now he paid for the ram and not you.

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: dirtyoldgoat.5496

dirtyoldgoat.5496

I basically WVW most of my game time. I also RP most of my game time.

The baddy rp walking towards the fort is me…. embrace the RP, there is nothing to fear (lot of fun actually).

Fallendruid, White Lighter, The Native Sun
PINK is the new Black
Tarnished Coast (via Tyranny)

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Usagi.4835

What about our pirates like Alshazzar?

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Cord.5371

Cord.5371

Teach a man to ram, and… well sometimes he’ll still deploy it on a road, but at least now he paid for the ram and not you.

This wins today’s thread.

Fort Aspenwood Dolyak Killing Society
www.purpledragons.net
www.fort-aspenwood.com

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

Yaarrrr!

Ye called fer a pirate?

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Wasabi Kitty.8247

It only takes 2 minutes to explain a group of newbies what siege is and how supply works. Then another 5 minutes to lead them to a camp, supply up, run back and build your rams.

Look at it this way…

So, these people are veeeeeeeeery much like you, it will be hard for you to ever meet a person in real life that is so much alike.

And you are here on this forum bashing them, calling them ‘complete idiots’, instead of helping these people.

If you can’t even take 10 minutes to explain things to these new people and show them how to do it, then you are more part of the problem than part of the solution.

Just my 2 cents.

What, you think we haven’t tried?

You don’t think we’ve tried saying “hey, ignore the wurm, we are losing our structures”

You don’t think we’ve tried saying “you need to carry supply at all times, if you don’t have supply your main focus should be getting some”

You don’t think we’ve tried saying “do not waste time trying to auto attack gates, it’s pointless”

You don’t think we’ve told them “don’t take supply from the keep, go to a supply camp”?

These people are idiots not because they don’t know what to do, they’re idiots because they know what to do and then CHOOSE NOT TO DO IT.

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

This wins today’s thread.

I concur.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Daedalus.3954

Daedalus.3954

So back to things that matter…

Score/Map update please? lurv you

Commander Kaena Godsfire – Guardian
Server – Fort Aspenwood

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

rhonyn.6810

Look at it this way…

Just my 2 cents.

What, you think we haven’t tried?

You don’t think we’ve tried saying “hey, ignore the wurm, we are losing our structures”

You don’t think we’ve tried saying “you need to carry supply at all times, if you don’t have supply your main focus should be getting some”

You don’t think we’ve tried saying “do not waste time trying to auto attack gates, it’s pointless”

You don’t think we’ve told them “don’t take supply from the keep, go to a supply camp”?

These people are idiots not because they don’t know what to do, they’re idiots because they know what to do and then CHOOSE NOT TO DO IT.

……there are pubs/newbs/questionable players etc….on every single server. In fact there are very likely more on servers with higher populations that are winning their matches as you get even more fairweathers, tourists etc checking it out.

Now you can make the argument though that it matters less on those servers as they’ve got the match in the bag anyways…..sure, but its just raw numbers advantage you are seeking then.

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Spaceman.1063

Depending on the time, place, and situation (i.e. in TCBL during off-peak hours for easier illustration), it will be most probably resembling something like this:

[02:45] “Jumped by 4-5 FA in ruins, they move down on Hero’s. 2 thieves, 1 necro confirmed.”
[02:45] “We’re two at HL”
[02:45] “Ok, intercepting from briar, keep stalling them”
[02:46] “omw too, status at heros?”
[02:46] “FA ranger down, kiting rest east towards you”
[02:47] “All down, 1 thief wped”
[02:48] “ok, HL is clear now”
[02:48] “Two YB hitting RW.”
[02:49] “Nevermind, died to guards.”

We’re generally all pretty boring folks at TC.

“However, as this discussion has no real goal except complaining about the thief,

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Usagi.4835

If this is from TCBL, you missed out all the stuff where I say “DIEEEEE!” or “Hurry up and kill him already!” ;~;

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Sunshine.3452

Sunshine.3452

I tend throw in prayers for the Golem God, and some religious fanatism every now and then, for the church of the golem god is the official religion of the wvw population chuckle nah but in all honestly… I take my golems serious, but it’s all in good fun

Mesmer/Thief – PiNK – Garnished Toast Butterlands
T.O.A.S.T. The Organsiation Against Server Transfers

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Spaceman.1063

If this is from TCBL, you missed out all the stuff where I say “DIEEEEE!” or “Hurry up and kill him already!” ;~;

Oh, that is you!

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

Yup.

I run into roleplayers about once a week on TC. I keep track because I’ll, like, tell people about it in guild chat. Not to make fun but kind of as a novelty thing. Even on the “unofficial RP server,” MMOG roleplayers are rare and mysterious beings.

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Daedalus.3954

Ahem, focus people. Score/Map update, please!

Server – Fort Aspenwood

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Spaceman.1063

Ahem, focus people. Score/Map update, please!

TC kinda still wins.

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Daedalus.3954

That’s great. Let’s keep the thread on topic and cut out the crap. Them winning has nothing to do with why those of us at work request an update. Thanks for your input thoough.

Server – Fort Aspenwood

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Sunshine.3452

Sunshine.3452

TC : 247k +295,
FA 178,401 +50,
YB 178,350 +350

FABL is currently YBBL 2.0

Mesmer/Thief – PiNK – Garnished Toast Butterlands
T.O.A.S.T. The Organsiation Against Server Transfers

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: dirtyoldgoat.5496

dirtyoldgoat.5496

Are these infractions i keep getting worth anything at the gem shop?

Fallendruid, White Lighter, The Native Sun
PINK is the new Black
Tarnished Coast (via Tyranny)

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Usagi.4835

Oh, that is you!

Oh gee, thanks. I’m now that person lol! Someone update our esteemed commander from FA so we can continue going off on tangents!

P.S. I love Delia and His Holiness, the Golem God.

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Nut.4713

Nut.4713

It’s highly amusing to me that so many people including a community coordinator consider a massive guild transferring within the tier to be off topic.

Aeyden – Elementalist
Yak’s Bend

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Mike Smith.7268

Mike Smith.7268

Very much not looking forward to GODS being on our server. From experience fighting them in EB and their BL, they’re a disorganized mess of a mass-recruit guild whose whole strategy can be summed up in one word: Zerg. I am unfortunately picturing Derv standing in Lowlands all day with /map and /team spam of how great his guild is, and “shouldn’t all of the tiny misbegotten guilds of TC rally together under his divine banner.”

We already have things together Commander/strategy wise to the point where we don’t need the tag turned on most evenings, and our groups still know what to do. I’d hate for a loud mouth new voice to come in, without learning our server culture, and immediately start trying to do things “their way”. We’ve dominated our last 3 or so pairings because we know what to do and we do it.

All that said…Great times last night on FABL. My small group of 8 had a ton of fun taking supply camps, and having them taken back from us. You’ve got our Warriors re-thinking their specs for more survivability and CC given that they’re always the first to fall to your groups of 12-15.

Fun fight at the western supply point last night. Our group had dwindled to 4 as the night wore on, and we see that the supply point is being contested. A short run later, we see 8 FA players trying to cap. Guards are down, as is the Claimer. Circle is currently lit up.

The order is given to drop in, despite being outnumbered 2:1. Friendly reinforcements were about two minutes away, and I felt that we could at least stall the cap that long. A target is called and dropped immediately…but so are two of our guys, both warriors.

We’re now looking at a 2v7. Eesh. Long odds. Both friendlies remaining are thieves, and the FA hostiles have a solid mix of classes represented. Oh how I loathe necros on my thief. Neither friendly is running the backstab burst build, we’re running a hybrid Pistol/Dagger + Sword/Dagger for lots of condition damage, a fair amount of crit, and tremendous mobility. However, we don’t kill people fast.

A full minute into the fight we’re looking at a 1v5. We’ve killed/stomped two, but good CC and focus fire by FA means that our other thief is down for the count. I’m doing everything I can to just stay alive at this point. I’m not built for perma-stealth, but I do have a lot of stealth utilities (Blinding Powder and Shadow Refuge). So I’d unstealth by unloading on my pistol, and then break LoS/stealth as often as I could. Friendly reinforcements were only a minute away, right?

Wrong. The friendly force of 6 had been redirected. I learned this after the fact. I manage to down another enemy, but the other FA players are reviving their stomped allies. sigh

The fight wore on for another two minutes. I could get an enemy down, but FA would then focus all of their CC and AoE on the downed body, prohibiting me from stomping. They’d get their ally up, and the fight would swing wildly back their favor.

They finally got a good CC combo on me just after I dropped Shadow Refuge. Their hammer warrior wised up and used Hammer 4 inside the circle. Currently, if you don’t stay in Refuge for the full duration, or at least X amount of seconds, you drop stealth immediately upon leaving the circle. So there I am on the ground, Steal, Blinding Powder, and weapon swap on cooldown, and I die without getting back up.

Still a great fight. FA started off very disorganized and splitting their fire/CC. They then gradually tightened up as the fight progressed until there was really nothing that I could do to finish anyone off or do appreciable damage. They took the camp, and moved on to bigger and better things.

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Tera GX.8149

Tera GX.8149

Tallis has pretty well hit upon the point that I would like to emphasize. Please don’t just lump all of them together in one massive hopeless group.

It is my duty to gather intelligence and provide information to help people make judgements about situations. That usually means calling out “22 TC headed east, colliding with 28 YB” and such. But for the goal of helping people make better judgements, that means responsibility has to be taken up at the lower levels too.

When I was first playing WvW, well, which was actually at a time most people equally didn’t know what was going on, when declarations of “don’t take tower/keep/castle supply” started arising, I was confused. Remember there are no formal explanations for the fundamentals of WvW. My practical knowledge back then told me “Why is that? Isn’t it’s primary purpose for weapons and repairs? More is on its way anyway.” But if I don’t understand why something is being declared where I am new, I comply, but you can’t expect every person to be like that. A part of the delay in my understanding is because there was no way I’d touch upgrading at that time, I was poor and new.

So, simply, there is no way to know without VERY blunt explanations. So you said don’t take SMC supply? Did you answer the “why” part? No? Then please understand that practical knowledge won’t have reason to comply, understanding upgrades isn’t easy for someone inexperienced with them.

On a daily basis, often multiple times a day, I have to explain to people WHY they need to not take supply. I do not tire of it, because it is the ONLY cure, and I want it solved. If you do not take up responsibility for what won’t happen on its own, then it is really improper to complain about it.

With my role being in intelligence, I’m having to also track people. Distinctly the MAJORITY of these newbies are not repeat offenders when I observe evidence of them comprehending english. And those I do see as repeat offenders I think genuinely do not comprehend english, or have chat fully turned off. But they are no majority.
-

As for the other topic, GODS I’d say is an on-topic matter since it affects many here, and there is no sub forum more appropriate.

So if I’m understanding it correctly: GODS (Rise of the Omnipotent) are moving from FA to TC, HOWEVER the peak “officialness” of this is no more than a spontaneous move by the leader. Discussion wasn’t formalized in a guild-wide organization?

The main thing that disappoints me is that server moving is such an extremity. I have seen players verbally harassing GODS often, but it is generally only a few players that remain as repeat offenders. I’d like to intervene when people are spewing hate as that is incredibly useless in team chat, but I don’t have a grasp of whatever seemingly irrational stuff led up to it, so the best I can do is try to diffuse the state of chat by suppressing it with usual strategically useful information. I’m not sure that leaving and intending to bring everyone with you is the most appropriate solution.

GODS is definitely the largest population guild on FA. Since they recruit anyone and everyone non-stop, it is clear that there were no goal of being known for quality, but the population itself is a significant detail. As it is, I’ve been getting into E.Battlegrounds without a queue uncomfortably often. The chunk of population that is GODS worries me, we still need regular soldiers. But seeing as that this move doesn’t seem heavily organized, I’m hoping the majority will stay.
-

I also want to say I loved these past two weeks. Personally I’d enjoy another week of this matchup. Our scores have remained more even than what is the average balance. I enjoy that way more than the matches where SMC becomes pretty “locked in” to one team. Of course, facing the same people has the problem of seeing the same strategies a bit often. Still preferable over significant imbalance in my opinion.

Tera Xenphos of Fort Aspenwood (guildless, deliberately)

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Spaceman.1063

Pictured:

FA not especially winning at the moment.

http://ompldr.org/vZ2llMg/gw771.jpg

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

If FA pugs aren’t getting it done, the organized people need to bring them along.

In fighting FA, my impression is always that 3 or 4 guilds do everything. But you are going to be spread too thin, and have a ceiling on how far you can go having a split community like that.

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: ajm.2931

ajm.2931

If thing are slow and/or safe I may do some light RP, kneel and pray for the fallen, tend wounds with emotes etc. Or when just hanging out at a keep/depot or when watching a golem army march off to their doom.

But generally when things are active (and boy have they been the past few weeks) most don’t bother with RP. especially in the heat of battle.

Obic – Tarnished Coast
Yak Cultist and follower of the Great Golem God

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Daedalus.3954

Oh gee, thanks. I’m now that person lol! Someone update our esteemed commander from FA so we can continue going off on tangents!

Oh you…

Thank you Sunshine for the update.

Server – Fort Aspenwood

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

Speaking of small guilds on TC, that’s where my guild fits in. Iron Chaos – a complete unknown by most player standards and yet we are out there every night giving our all and following the good commanders. I want to merge our small five man guild with a bigger guild but so far it hasn’t happened. We have been around TC since BWE2.

Anyhow, TC does have some big guilds, and some of those are very good. We also have our share of PUG players that ignore the chat and do silly things. Sometimes they even argue with commanders when asked to ignore this or that right in map chat. I don’t think you can avoid this on any server.

I’m sure GODS will be welcomed to the server with open arms. Like someone said above though, don’t come looking to take charge over our tried and tested commanders. Your first goal should be to communicate with our commanders and get organized without causing a public ruckus, especially during reset day. Finally, don’t waste any space with recruiting messages in WvW. Play good, lead good, and show by example how good GODS is and there will be groups like mine who are small and looking to join something organized who will join you.

For my part, I just want as fair and fun fight as possible. It isn’t fun to win or lose by a landslide. I prefer small unit groups that fight larger unorganized zergs. This is why some of our smaller teams suddenly see me around hehe. I really hope this tier can be competitive and fair for all three servers – especially if we will be playing together for a while. That is important to me.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: CandIeJack.9352

CandIeJack.9352

For the record, GODS isn’t jumping up in tier. That was never the goal. As Papacooldown said, (and ISN’T THAT THE CLASSIEST NAME EVER?) 15-20 ex-GODS are sick of GODS leadership. We didn’t want to be blackballed in the same server, because that happened before. We just needed a change, and moved.

The Leader of GODS moving to TC was NOT part of our plan, and honestly, I think it wouldn’t be fair to FA to have such a large group of people leaving, and I’m sure the [FULL SERVER] agrees.

Regardless of the situation, GODS is currently in hiatus, and not a significant force in FA or TC at the moment.

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Sergo.2867

Sergo.2867

Instead of getting frustrated with them TEACH them.

This works so well, everywhere in the world, not just in games. Well-said.

Geros Rainhall, Warrior, et. al.
Tarnished Coast

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

rhonyn.6810

Pictured:

FA not especially winning at the moment.

http://ompldr.org/vZ2llMg/gw771.jpg

Map illustrates my point above…..TC dictates this match and how everyone finishes. Over the week they can choose how close, or far apart 2nd and 3rd will be from each other based on where they choose to push.

When server and individuals actions become less and less relevant to overall outcomes, it will be interesting to see if FA/YB retain focus on sound strategies regardless, or just say f’it and do whatever more and more.

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Soba.3041

Soba.3041

As a pug FA player, I think my ego just hit rock bottom..:)

Ok, enough feeling sorry for myself and lack of skill. Back into the fray!

Kalen Ghurr, Ranger(walking loot bag) extraordinaire.

11/23 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Enenion.8127

Enenion.8127

Can we get another score update? I’m from FA and I hope we can pull our stuff together to push for second place before the match resets later today.

[Help],
Fort Aspenwood