12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

SoR has been contacted twice about a possible “teaming” with TC to take out BG.
Both times the SOR WvW community has shot it down. We do not want to win if we can only win by an “alliance” we want to stand and fight, win or lose. (Seeing it brought up in this thread seems even more want a “alliance” or sorts to happen, but I highly doubt it ever will.)

Rallian’s stand on their own 2 feet. We don’t bow to anyone and we aren’t above anyone. We don’t give up and wont stop fighting.

Do not speak for the entirety of SoR. I rather not be generalized as a tactically imcompetent player.

Currently, BG has far more WvW players than either SoR or TC. It is ridiculous that both servers attack each others towers/keeps on battlegrounds that we are both outmanned on. All it does is keep our main forces busy while the BG horde wipes one team and then wipes the other at which point they own everything and half of our remaining players log off. If instead both our teams didn’t attack each other at those times, BG would have to split its forces evenly which would lead to a more balanced fight. That in turn means that more people would keep fighting as a total wipe is less likely. If people keep fighting then it means we’re having fun.

hah, it is what it is. Yesterday during 2pm server which you would think is primetime for SOR, i zoned into Eternal and sure enough both npc’s are up for low man debuff event introduced in the last patch. I then zone into BG BL and again the npc is up for low man debuff event.

At present we have just enough to field a force for one zone and it’s not like we have that many to begin with as there is zero queue time.

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: Ejiofor.4801

Ejiofor.4801

It kills me how serious some people get(notice I said ‘some people’, not ‘people’. I didn’t generalize)

TC, BG, SoR…

Lighten up, folks. It’s a game. Games are meant to be FUN. Remember that?

Gearstrip Jones, Engineer, Borlis Pass, [KPUP]
“Which Lo Pan? Little ol’ basket case on wheels, or the ten-foot-tall roadblock?!”
-Kurt Russell, Big Trouble in Little China

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: Azaruil.3406

Azaruil.3406

Both times the SOR WvW community has shot it down. We do not want to win if we can only win by an “alliance” we want to stand and fight, win or lose. (Seeing it brought up in this thread seems even more want a “alliance” or sorts to happen, but I highly doubt it ever will.)

Rallian’s stand on their own 2 feet. We don’t bow to anyone and we aren’t above anyone. We don’t give up and wont stop fighting.

Do not speak for the entirety of SoR. I rather not be generalized as a tactically imcompetent player.

I said the WvW community. Meaning those of us who meet each week to organize/tactic talk, ect.. which 98% do not want an alliance or cease fire with TC and it’s been mentioned in the meeting both last match and this current one after some TC came to some of us. If you are not part of said community then the post didn’t pertain to you did it? No. If you are part of the community then you’d know the idea was shot down for 2 weeks in a row by majority.

Oh I see how it is. So anyone who doesn’t communicate and coordinate with your group of friends isn’t a part of the WvW community on SoR? That is quite insulting. Are there any other SoR players that you feel like insulting? Might as well just get it all out of your system while you’re at it.

Aza
“I smell like pomegranate.”

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Lol. This is funny. No one with any credibility on TC is trying to make alliances. To BG and SoR, don’t judge an entire server by some randoms thinking they speak for everyone.

It’s WvW. For me, the fun is in the battles, whether that be 1v1 or zerg vs zerg. The score is secondary.

It seems like alot of people from TC keep bringing up this whole ‘non-aggression’ ploy. Maybe he was just impressed i wreaked him.

There been a lot of talking about this “NAP” on forums and on the battlefield… But no one know if this thing is for real…

People on EB were complaining that TC was destroying towers walls from inside SM but SoR was the one taking’em (That was about 2am-4am on GMT -3 or 12-10 hours ago). Can’t say what was happening for sure since i don’t fight on EB, i was just there for the JP (and there was a lot of trouble there), but maybe some players from both servers are taking this seriously, even if it’s not.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

I said the WvW community. Meaning those of us who meet each week to organize/tactic talk, ect.. which 98% do not want an alliance or cease fire with TC and it’s been mentioned in the meeting both last match and this current one after some TC came to some of us. If you are not part of said community then the post didn’t pertain to you did it? No. If you are part of the community then you’d know the idea was shot down for 2 weeks in a row by majority.

Oh I see how it is. So anyone who doesn’t communicate and coordinate with your group of friends isn’t a part of the WvW community on SoR? That is quite insulting. Are there any other SoR players that you feel like insulting? Might as well just get it all out of your system while you’re at it.

Because all of SoR WvW community is made of my friends? I think not hun.

Some of the people I don’t even speak to nor do I know well, also some guilds only send representatives to the meetings.

Many guilds and non guilded members coordinate coverage, plans, tactics, and the like, as well as discuss things like the cease fire which was brought up, even map hop to specific maps to help/distract ect…
If people choose to not take part in the WvW community on SoR, then how are we to be at fault? All are welcome, even if in no guild, so in all honesty if more people have the same view as you, and want a cease fire, maybe they should take part? Maybe speak up on the community forums? Community TS3?

In addition to that if you “read” I stated the WvW community, not all of SoR server.
If you or anyone would like to join in and coordinate, work together, discuss things, your more then welcome, but You have to take that step to do so. Not expect people to force you or expect them to know what you want if you aren’t there taking part in the community to speak for yourself.

As for what I stated:
The WvW community shot down the idea of a cease fire for 2 weeks in a row. Maybe if you want it changed you’ll come on and speak up when we discuss things such as it?

Also what I did state about all of SoR is:

If you are saying what I said about all of SoR is incorrect, then honestly you are the one insulting the server. You’d be saying SoR as a server wants to bow down to others, thinks they are better then others, wants to give up and wont keep fighting.

Also done responding to your posts, if you wish to discuss further send a private message.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

(edited by Mishi.7058)

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Azaruil.3406

Lol. This is funny. No one with any credibility on TC is trying to make alliances. To BG and SoR, don’t judge an entire server by some randoms thinking they speak for everyone.

It’s WvW. For me, the fun is in the battles, whether that be 1v1 or zerg vs zerg. The score is secondary.

It seems like alot of people from TC keep bringing up this whole ‘non-aggression’ ploy. Maybe he was just impressed i wreaked him.

There been a lot of talking about this “NAP” on forums and on the battlefield… But no one know if this thing is for real…

People on EB were complaining that TC was destroying towers walls from inside SM but SoR was the one taking’em (That was about 2am-4am on GMT -3 or 12-10 hours ago). Can’t say what was happening for sure since i don’t fight on EB, i was just there for the JP (and there was a lot of trouble there), but maybe some players from both servers are taking this seriously, even if it’s not.

That often happens though. Whoever has a tower that gets trebbed from stonemist will get attacked by both servers on that tower. It happens regardless of who it is, because everyone seems to love easy points.

Aza

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: Eliesume.1687

Eliesume.1687

Wait? So are we having an alliance/truce with SoR for real?

I only ask because BG is really beefing up their fights this week around. I don’t mind an alliance at all, in fact, it would be the only sensible decision from a tactical standpoint. There is no glory in second or third.

~Tarnished Coast~
80’s – Ele, Guard, Mes, Necro, Ranger, Thief, War

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: TheDevilWithinU.7092

TheDevilWithinU.7092

Wait? So are we having an alliance/truce with SoR for real?

Never. But you can dream about it all you want!

| Maguuma | [KEK] | GvG Relic & Historian |
Notorious Nevermore – Guardian

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: Chewy.9263

Chewy.9263

Facepalm at this thread… So much QQ about alliances, elts get back to the scores please.

Love

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: muekung.2518

muekung.2518

Facepalm at this thread… So much QQ about alliances, elts get back to the scores please.

Attachments:

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Eliesume.1687

Here’s a score update.

Attachments:

~Tarnished Coast~

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: OdinBudd.5298

OdinBudd.5298

First off, happy New Year everyone!
Now, on to this topic of alliances…
I myself do not play WvWvW for the points. I play for the fights, and for the past 2 weeks the fights have been awesome! My hat goes off to both BG and SOR, you are both fantastic opponents and I have very much enjoyed fighting with you and learning from you. I personally do not care whether an alliance is formed or not, I just want to keep having good fights…. but, wanted to put out a few points of logic to debate. If you DID want to play for points, then your goal is to be #1 right? (To quote the great philosopher Ricky Bobby, “If your not first, your last.”) So, if one server has such an overwhelming Asiatic presence which virtually guarantees them 1st place, the only way to beat them would be to minimize the points they can get when they are not fighting unopposed. The only way to do this in my mind (again, not saying I support this) would be for the 2nd and 3rd place teams to gang up on the 1st place team. If you think of the points in WvW as a race, then it does no good for #3 to shoot #2 in the legs. #3 will simply move to #2 and will never be #1. Now, if an alliance were formed and #1 could be brought down to an equal level as the others, then all 3 servers still have a shot at #1. The final days of the week would be a shootout for the top spot.

I can completely understand why BG would not want to face this, who would! But what reasons would those playing for points and the win from both SOR and TC have for NOT doing this? I’m not trying to get flamed or troll this thread, I think there are many people in this thread who have shown ability to have a reasonable discussion and exchange of ideas, I am just asking their opinions to help clarify my own.

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: Kelo.4370

Kelo.4370

Just wanted to jump in and say hi to our likely opponents in just a little over a weeks time! I don’t think Blackgate is going to pull the big enough lead to gain entry back into Tier 1 this week but it looks very likely it will happen next week.

Anyway hello Tarnished Coast and Sanctum of Rall from Stormbluff Isles! Will be the first time we been in Tier 2 in ages and only the second time ever. I personally think it is about time to fight something other than Jade Quarry/Sea of Sorrows/Blackgate as that has been all we seen for months and after getting to know every guild on those 3 servers rather personally (if you know what I mean) I look forward very much to getting to kill some new faces.

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

An alliance doesn’t solve a problem really. It just usurps the first place server if it’s successful. You’ll still be battling for first and second place only against a different opponent. They’re useless.

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Eliesume.1687

First off, happy New Year everyone!
Now, on to this topic of alliances…
I myself do not play WvWvW for the points. I play for the fights, and for the past 2 weeks the fights have been awesome! My hat goes off to both BG and SOR, you are both fantastic opponents and I have very much enjoyed fighting with you and learning from you. I personally do not care whether an alliance is formed or not, I just want to keep having good fights…. but, wanted to put out a few points of logic to debate. If you DID want to play for points, then your goal is to be #1 right? (To quote the great philosopher Ricky Bobby, “If your not first, your last.”) So, if one server has such an overwhelming Asiatic presence which virtually guarantees them 1st place, the only way to beat them would be to minimize the points they can get when they are not fighting unopposed. The only way to do this in my mind (again, not saying I support this) would be for the 2nd and 3rd place teams to gang up on the 1st place team. If you think of the points in WvW as a race, then it does no good for #3 to shoot #2 in the legs. #3 will simply move to #2 and will never be #1. Now, if an alliance were formed and #1 could be brought down to an equal level as the others, then all 3 servers still have a shot at #1. The final days of the week would be a shootout for the top spot.

I can completely understand why BG would not want to face this, who would! But what reasons would those playing for points and the win from both SOR and TC have for NOT doing this? I’m not trying to get flamed or troll this thread, I think there are many people in this thread who have shown ability to have a reasonable discussion and exchange of ideas, I am just asking their opinions to help clarify my own.

I agree.

Look no further than history. Anyone played Dynasty Warriors? Two lesser kingdoms ally in order to face the dominating single kingdom. Realistically, it’s the only way to survive.

Of course this is only a game, and the universe only lasts for 1 week. Your character doesn’t change if you lose. But just imagine, if all participating players character are wiped once you lose WvW, all of a sudden alliance don’t sound too bad eh?

~Tarnished Coast~

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: OdinBudd.5298

OdinBudd.5298

An alliance doesn’t solve a problem really. It just usurps the first place server if it’s successful. You’ll still be battling for first and second place only against a different opponent. They’re useless.

Good point, an alliance certainly doesn’t guarantee a win for anyone, but you have to think it would increase the chances of a win for the bottom 2 servers. I think it is safe to say that unless something changes dramatically in TC and SOR, there is no way either will beat BG. Wouldn’t an alliance bring BG closer to score with #2 and #3? If yes, then 1st place would be within striking distance of all 3 at the end of the week, thus serving its purpose.

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Eliesume.1687

Yup, it’s only there to hold and delay the first server points as long as possible. If there was any way to actually make an alliance happen, either TC or SoR will have to betray one another on the last or second to last day, depending on the score. Then go full out to capture as many points as possible and see who comes out on top.

Imagine all the scheming and betrayal, if there was some sort of alliance function. Makes the WvW must more crazy.

~Tarnished Coast~

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

Just wanted to jump in and say hi to our likely opponents in just a little over a weeks time! I don’t think Blackgate is going to pull the big enough lead to gain entry back into Tier 1 this week but it looks very likely it will happen next week.

Anyway hello Tarnished Coast and Sanctum of Rall from Stormbluff Isles! Will be the first time we been in Tier 2 in ages and only the second time ever. I personally think it is about time to fight something other than Jade Quarry/Sea of Sorrows/Blackgate as that has been all we seen for months and after getting to know every guild on those 3 servers rather personally (if you know what I mean) I look forward very much to getting to kill some new faces.

As long as I get to say hi to all my old SBI friends I used to WvW alongside im good. :P

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

Happy New Years! Good to see the same arguments mulled over repeatedly! For TC to find more success in t2 it will require us to field full q’s during our prime time, and a refining of tactics. I think t3 created a lot of bad habits because I constantly see a ton of eager people around with no real clue how to break open a keep that is heavily defended, as opposed to the empty ones. But this takes practice and repetition and I have no doubt that we can do it if we just keep showing up week after week.

There are tons of reasons one server wins and another loses, and so many of these variables are completely out of our control. It’s the variables we do have some say in where we have to shine and build on. Morale, respect for each-other and our enemies, and the will and want to be first place, even if it takes weeks of third place to get there. The mission isn’t to beat bg, it’s to best anyone that gets in our way, including SoR.

Ill be seeing all of you on the battlefield! /salute.

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

Did Defiance [RUN] transfer to BG? Did I miss the memo?

[AoN] All or Nothing

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Azaruil.3406

There is more than just the points aspect.

Let’s say that on a BL, there are 20 SoR players, 20 TC players and 50 BG players on at one time. If SoR and TC are using 10 of their manpower to fight each other, then they can each only field 10 players against 25 BG players. This would most likely lead to BG rolling over the smaller group and taking full control of the map. This then makes most people frustrated and many will leave.

If however they were not to fight on that map, then SoR and TC would be fielding 20 players against those 25 making it a far more balanced fight. This would lead people to keep fighting seeing as how they wouldnt get rolled over so easily.

And so I prefer the idea of more balanced fights that keep everyone fighting than one-sided wipes at any given time.

Aza

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: Balor.8405

Balor.8405

Yasmine.2784 Urge member on server giving possible info on counter attacks and our movements.

Then runs away etc etc.

Attachments:

Server:: Sanctum of Rall
Member of Gaiscioch[GSCH]

(edited by Balor.8405)

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Xirin.8593

Yasmine.2784 Urge member on server giving possible info on counter attacks and our movements.

Then runs away etc etc.

Defiance [RUN] on BG. This person was in WvW earlier today prior to the screenshot. I’m willing to bet both of these players are just doing it for the WvW zone completion.

PS – I know you jelly of my level 53 ranger alt!

Attachments:

[AoN] All or Nothing

(edited by Xirin.8593)

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

If people choose to not take part in the WvW community on SoR, then how are we to be at fault? All are welcome, even if in no guild, so in all honesty if more people have the same view as you, and want a cease fire, maybe they should take part? Maybe speak up on the community forums? Community TS3?

I’m not interested in this kind of alliance, but we don’t need an alliance to pick and choose our battles. If the strategy is to take what we can get than your “community” is failure. Thats not got to be successful except on SoR BL where the rules are different. This is not directed at anyone person but I’m not interested in listening or talking to people that don’t listen in the first place and in the second place ignore chat. This is why I do not come on TS and why I do not participate in the so called “community”

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: TheDevilWithinU.7092

TheDevilWithinU.7092

I’m not interested in this kind of alliance, but we don’t need an alliance to pick and choose our battles. If the strategy is to take what we can get than your “community” is failure. Thats not got to be successful except on SoR BL where the rules are different. This is not directed at anyone person but I’m not interested in listening or talking to people that don’t listen in the first place and in the second place ignore chat. This is why I do not come on TS and why I do not participate in the so called “community”

Nobody ignores chat that uses TS. If anything people always look at chat to see what is going on that we can’t see. Mishi does not want an alliance either. People on TS3 listen and do not ignore anything that is said/typed. I am very confused how you find TS3 to be that way.

If anything many of the folks who do not participate on teamspeak want this alliance for whatever reason. But the SoR WvW community will not accept such a thing. Nor let it happen.

| Maguuma | [KEK] | GvG Relic & Historian |
Notorious Nevermore – Guardian

(edited by TheDevilWithinU.7092)

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: Durakone.5237

Durakone.5237

Well, you left out the part where I:
-waved
-put on my town cloths
-didn’t engage
-sit emotioned
-got our trebs to stop firing on SM like you requested (See attached)

But yeah I guess you wreaked me. We can retest your claims in the heart of the mists if you wish but I’d like to take out BG first so we don’t have keep watching our backs.

Attachments:

Dwhite Dynamite of the TC

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: Caelib.2497

Caelib.2497

Unfortunately, Tier 2 has become little more than a skill battle between SoR and TC because BG has so many people zerging 24/7 that it’s not even a competition anymore. There’s a massive population imbalance and the BG bandwagon just keeps growing … it used to be close, but now it’s just a zerg-fest.

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: jagans curse.4892

jagans curse.4892

camp the jumping puzzle while your bl is being decimated. great tactic, SoR.

Jagannath Vishnu Level 81 warrior [PiNK] -
Tarnished Coast.

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

LOL In one post people complain we are winning by too much and then the next people complain we aren’t stomping by enough.

You obviously don’t understand the ELO system, that’s not what I was saying at all.

Its a glicko system. Please inform us why gaining +30 points while the other 2 servers lose rating is a BAD thing? So sick of SoR trying to tell BG what we have to do. Start improving your own server before telling us how we are bad because we win and are gaining 30 rating.

You would be gaining 46 if you knew how to the system worked. If you’re happy with 30 “while the other 2 servers lose rating” and you don’t know how to maximize your efforts then you should be told how to play the game.

Since you are an expert at the system Anet uses, tell us how much the final score from all 3 servers would need to be for BG to gain 46 rating.

BeeGee
Beast mode

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: Durakone.5237

Durakone.5237

If you think of the points in WvW as a race, then it does no good for #3 to shoot #2 in the legs. #3 will simply move to #2 and will never be #1. Now, if an alliance were formed and #1 could be brought down to an equal level as the others, then all 3 servers still have a shot at #1. The final days of the week would be a shootout for the top spot.

I can completely understand why BG would not want to face this, who would! But what reasons would those playing for points and the win from both SOR and TC have for NOT doing this?

This ^

There is more than just the points aspect.

Let’s say that on a BL, there are 20 SoR players, 20 TC players and 50 BG players on at one time. If SoR and TC are using 10 of their manpower to fight each other, then they can each only field 10 players against 25 BG players. This would most likely lead to BG rolling over the smaller group and taking full control of the map. This then makes most people frustrated and many will leave.

If however they were not to fight on that map, then SoR and TC would be fielding 20 players against those 25 making it a far more balanced fight. This would lead people to keep fighting seeing as how they wouldnt get rolled over so easily.

And so I prefer the idea of more balanced fights that keep everyone fighting than one-sided wipes at any given time.

This as well ^

As it stands right now BG is like the orcs in LoTR. There is just so many of them. TC and SoR won’t admit to needing each others help but fighting each other is the worst strategy at this time.

I think it was good to fight all three the first week or two because TC needed to test the water and doing so has shown us where the folly of our actions are. At this time when SoR and TC engage, it is taking pressure off of BG who is dominating.

There was a comment that SoR “Stands on its own not is not above or below anyone else.” If you reject the alliance, you are acting against this philosophy and implying that your better then TC. Back your philosophy up and act with precision.

SoR: If you stand on your own, simply do so while fighting the bigger of the two threats: BG. We will surely wait for the opportune time to stab each other in the back, but let us do it after toppling BG because absolutely no good will come from fighting each other until BG is in last place by a wide gap.

TC commanders, if you lead attacks on SoR, you are not helping your world. Good strategy is part of a commanders responsibility and attacking SoR is main reason why we are in last place. We know this from our battles with CD, FA, HoD, YB ect. We won because they could not use strategy. Fort Aspenwood commanders issued the statement “if its red its dead” before TC and CD wiped them from the map.

We need to show our strategy is as good as our skirmishing or we simply do not deserve to compete with a foe like BG.

TC and SoR: Take the fight to BG. Wipe them from the map. There is nothing dishonorable about taking up swords with your enemies enemy when you are demonstrably outnumbered. This is the point of WvW.

Lets start a new competition: Who can conquer the most BG territory?

-Dwhite Dynamite of the TC

Dwhite Dynamite of the TC

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

pot.6805

Glicko is not suited for week long matches involving 3 opponents in a tiered system. Been saying for this months now in other threads. Most WvW players do not care about the rating system, they only care if they win that weeks matchup.

BeeGee
Beast mode

(edited by pot.6805)

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

camp the jumping puzzle while your bl is being decimated. great tactic, SoR.

and we have people in EB killing Giant Grub instead of capturing objectives, yea, it’s quite sad and funny at the same time on SoR side.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Xirin.8593

I agree, but that’s not playing the game as it should be played, ignorance to the system is no excuse.

How should GW2 WvW be played?

[AoN] All or Nothing

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.9532

Moderator.9532

As a reminder to everyone, please keep the discussion friendly, respectful and productive.. Trolling and personal attacks are expressively forbidden in our forum Code of Conduct.

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

Also, alliances will never work because no one will ever get an entire server to agree to it. You’re going to have players who don’t know or don’t care and they’ll continue to do what they please. I feel like this time we waste talking about alliances can be spent better elsewhere.

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: Spartyr.6795

Spartyr.6795

Also, alliances will never work because no one will ever get an entire server to agree to it. You’re going to have players who don’t know or don’t care and they’ll continue to do what they please. I feel like this time we waste talking about alliances can be spent better elsewhere.

I don’t think “alliance” is the right word, or “cease fire” or any of these things. It’s just strategy, and choosing where to focus your efforts.

Quite frankly, dividing your numbers equally against opponents who are not of equal size is not smart. Not recognizing when you and your enemy share a common enemy is also not smart.

Spartyr – Norn Thief
[GSCH] Gaiscioch Gaming Community

(edited by Spartyr.6795)

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Had BG kept TC down in the points, they probably would have been in T1 next match with SBI coming down.

But since TC is gaining points and BG seems to have SoR on the brain, they are losing their rating gain.

This matchup will probably go another 2-3 weeks, at which point, BG will have sat in T2 the longest of any “T1 ready” server and any rating gain from wins at that point will be negligible again since SoR is sitting in T2 for 8 weeks and TC will have been in there a month, TC will become the new IOJ and BG will be stuck in T2 limbo. And we’ll have BG/SoR/TC for another 6 weeks.

Since we’ll all be together for a while… can’t we just stop fighting and learn to accept each other? I know we’re all different but I’m sure we can all get along and just cuddle… wait… what?… they… killed our baby yak?

OMG YOU GUYS ARE ALL DOOMED! CAMP THE JP!

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: mezo.9568

mezo.9568

!http://imgur.com/6VpWF!
The conversation went on to ‘If Anet didnt want it, they wouldn’t have it in the game’ and several people including myself explaining that they knew that it was not intended in the game, but yet they did it anyways.
TLDR One of our Blackgate guys was caught wall jumping, and fussed up, and had his butt lit on fire from team mates, I doubt this is the first time he has done it or the last. I apologize TC.

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Yeah we couldn’t figure out why it was done since you guys almost had the gate down the proper way. But came into bay and there were 10 guys inside with walls intact. One took the time to dance on my corpse giving me plenty of time to take the proper screen shot to report it. Please thank him.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: Ekii.9017

Ekii.9017

So it seems that SoR is officially playing for second place. BG has their map fully green, not even 1 supply camp is taken by SoR. Yet SoR has 60+ people on TC’s map with two 30 man zergs.

Is this because SoR is afraid of BG? Are they afraid BG will retaliate and own them?
I guess I don’t understand why SoR is so focused on TC when BG is clearly the dominant server?

Anyways, since it is evident that SoR is afraid of BG, it allows us at TC to sharpen our defensive skills. So thank you SoR! Keep playing for second and bringing it to us, it ensures we will have fun.

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

So it seems that SoR is officially playing for second place. BG has their map fully green, not even 1 supply camp is taken by SoR. Yet SoR has 60+ people on TC’s map with two 30 man zergs.

Is this because SoR is afraid of BG? Are they afraid BG will retaliate and own them?
I guess I don’t understand why SoR is so focused on TC when BG is clearly the dominant server?

Anyways, since it is evident that SoR is afraid of BG, it allows us at TC to sharpen our defensive skills. So thank you SoR! Keep playing for second and bringing it to us, it ensures we will have fun.

Don’t quote me on this because I’m not involved in the “community” on SoR. In the past during SoR “community” meetings it is discussed which guilds and commanders will be assigned to each BL.

In the past 3 months we have fought SoS and IOJ / BG and IOJ / and BG and now TC. Out of the 3 matches one thing has remained consistent. There have been huge gaps on SoS when we fought them and no BG BLs. For the last 3 months whether or not it is just coincidental that the major coverage gaps happen to be on the winning servers BLs and often time we had adequate coverage on IOJ and not TC borderlands is anybodys quess because like I said I’m not part of the “community.”

The “community” should be able to answer your question though because this is something that is like I said a coverage gap and other times of the day we do have people on BG BL. However it is not consistent like it should be. And has given the impression that like you say we ignore BG and go after the 3rd place server all the time.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

An alliance between TC and SoR would end up like the Human-Charr truce… You’ll get “Separatists and Renegades” bashing the fragile union and messing with both…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: Cliques.3947

Cliques.3947

Obviously the only way we can settle our differences is a break dance fight! SoR you bring the boombox, TC you bring the cardboard!

Chimichunga [Eng] – Salsa Machina [Warrior]
oPP – Blackgate

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: Tajz.9826

Tajz.9826

If you guys want SBI to be your new playmate and already bored with BG, then dont do the focus attack on BG lol. Otherwise you would be with us for a long long time :P However, to be honest, i wouldnt really mind that, we love Zombie coast

[LP][HB]Nirvii, Proud Elementalist of Thai Alliance
Commander of Blackgate
Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyRsSk4l0T4

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: Tajz.9826

Tajz.9826

Why are so many people asking the realms not to attack them?

I didnt ask the realms not to attack. I asked them, not to “focus attack” on us. While i can agreed that it might provide challenge to us but i dont think there is a need for a proper arrangment on that. You just hit whoever you think easiest to hit, or whoever yield the most profit to your server’s score.

[LP][HB]Nirvii, Proud Elementalist of Thai Alliance
Commander of Blackgate
Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyRsSk4l0T4

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: spartanx.1364

spartanx.1364

Everyone! Dont attack SoR Let us take everything!

Tytos The Ascended – Tytos Hill – Dee Oh Tee
Paintrainchoo.com – Conductor – TC

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: Forsaken.2167

Forsaken.2167

If you guys want SBI to be your new playmate and already bored with BG, then dont do the focus attack on BG lol. Otherwise you would be with us for a long long time :P However, to be honest, i wouldnt really mind that, we love Zombie coast

Cute nickname, but seeing how blackgate has the zerg a zombie nickname might suit your server better imo… ZombieGate? sounds kind of cool actually lol. You can even have a server battle cry “Unleash the Horde!”.

Moderators make the best Trolls.

(edited by Forsaken.2167)

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

What would make the most sense would be for 1st place to focus 2nd (unless 3rd gets too close in points), for 2nd to focus on 1st (again, unless 3rd gets too close in points) and 3rd to take as much as they can wherever they can. No alliance required, but maybe asking too much in the common sense department.

1st and 2nd, your real enemies are each other. 3rd, well, as the zombies say: “Kill everything!”.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

pot.6805

Cute nickname, but seeing how blackgate has the zerg a zombie nickname might suit your server better imo… ZombieGate? sounds kind of cool actually lol. You can even have a server battle cry “Unleash the Horde!”.

Every server in tier 2 has a zerg and is capable of fielding big zergs. That is why we are all in tier 2. Zombiegate is pretty funny though lol

BeeGee
Beast mode

(edited by pot.6805)

12/28/2012 BG/SOR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

Had BG kept TC down in the points, they probably would have been in T1 next match with SBI coming down.

But since TC is gaining points and BG seems to have SoR on the brain, they are losing their rating gain.

This matchup will probably go another 2-3 weeks, at which point, BG will have sat in T2 the longest of any “T1 ready” server and any rating gain from wins at that point will be negligible again since SoR is sitting in T2 for 8 weeks and TC will have been in there a month, TC will become the new IOJ and BG will be stuck in T2 limbo. And we’ll have BG/SoR/TC for another 6 weeks.

60k plus lead isn’t big enough for you?

First you guys complain that we win, now you are complaining that we aren’t winning by enough? I excepted this forum to be full of excuses from SoR this week, but this is the funniest one so far. We aren’t winning by enough points. lol

No, the vast majority of WvW do not know or care how or why we go up or down. All the commanders I know just don’t like SoR. So we are pushing you first. Of course, points from TC are just as good as points from SoR, but many of our goal, is to see a red colored SoR.

So TC, stop begging for an alliance with SoR, they are not going to give you one because they want the ability to attack you, to keep you in 3rd. Instead, take the fight to them, and claim your right as the color blue. (that and its easier to clear zombie trebs from blue keep than red in EBG….)