12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: daaknite.1089

daaknite.1089

Good Fights this matchup I think has improved our server as a whole ( my personal view of course). I do think being in a tough tier is working towards us becoming better overall.

Regardless of all the chest thumping, yak humping and board trolling. There are benefits for each of the servers in this matchup no matter what numbers show up on the screen.

See you on the battlegrounds.

Cheers!

Batgirl/Mpath
Fort Aspenwood’s silent Avenger

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

I logged on today and totally got to quote starwars. Thanks for poking us guys, I think TCs regular crew was on the verge or a coma two weeks ago and this might have woken us up a little.

As far as t2 goes, were never going to get there without intense teamwork (yb vs tc vs fa week1 yaks hit way above their population. Or, a wvw guild covering our off hours, which we have about 8 of.

CDs kh guild is really strong on the field and around a tower. I die to you a lot.

FA do you like my rams? I built them just 4 u.

Wintersday next week will make things interesting!

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I figured TC would have a bit more class.

I needed a couple events for my daily so I head into TC borderlands which is pretty much empty. I intercept a dolyak and kill it, one event down. Kill a sentry, another down.

At this time a random warrior decided he wanted to fight me, fair enough. I kite a bit to get my health up and he goes down fairly quickly. As I just finish stomping him, a thief decides to join in. Once again I kite him a bit to get my health up, and he goes down fairly quickly. At this point a group of somewhere between 10 and 15 decides they were going to fight. They eventually kill me but not until after I get a kill of my own.

As I finally go down I’m treated to a nice bit of /laugh from TC. After killing 3 and eventually being taken down by 10 people.

Stay classy.

Are we still at it? Everytime, I get taken down by any FA zerg, I see 4-5 emotes pop up on my chat screen. Shall make it a point to take a kittenin screenshot next time and put it up on the noticeboard here. You took out our yak and a sentry and one of our players. So…yes. Every server emotes, let’s just get over it!

lol, was just going to say the same thing. I get this from both CD and FA after 12 jump on little old solo me. Fair fight! But it’s part of WvW .. if you happen to be caught with your pants down, you’re going to get staked. Just the risk you take when you run through the zone.

And while I’m not a big fan of the /laugh emote after killing people (I think it’s a bit cheap to be honest), it’s not limited to any one server.

(Love that the original OP came to grumble about the /laughing, but apparently also to brag a bit too! It’s all good! )

L’enfer, c’est les autres

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: JakobGW.5730

JakobGW.5730

Next week will the be 7th week in a row that TC has been at the top of tier 3, never advancing up the tiers and fighting the same three servers over the course of almost two months: CD, FA, YB. I don’t see any amount of teamwork that’s going to get you to teir 2. If you don’t have it by now, you’ll never get it.

You need numbers. I personally would find it extremely boring to log in week after week, fighting the same servers, knowing that you will win by numbers, but also knowing that you’re never going to advance or get better. In fact, your overall rating is actually declining this week.

If you want to get to teir 2, you need to market the server and get more players or hope that players in the top 6 servers either transfer off or stop playing.

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Personally I think we should all make a big 3-server marching parade with Appledainty at the end of this week and walk with her and her Dolyak.

(edited by Jayne.9251)

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

Next week will the be 7th week in a row that TC has been at the top of tier 3, never advancing up the tiers and fighting the same three servers over the course of almost two months: CD, FA, YB. I don’t see any amount of teamwork that’s going to get you to teir 2. If you don’t have it by now, you’ll never get it.

You need numbers. I personally would find it extremely boring to log in week after week, fighting the same servers, knowing that you will win by numbers, but also knowing that you’re never going to advance or get better. In fact, your overall rating is actually declining this week.

If you want to get to teir 2, you need to market the server and get more players or hope that players in the top 6 servers either transfer off or stop playing.

I gotta ask, do you ever read previous posts? I mean seriously. This will be the 2nd time I have to remention a previous post.

There are a lot of people (majority actually) who do not want to progress to tier 2 right nw. People are even telling others to take a break from WvW altogether or don’t push too hard.

Why you may ask? We are the original RP server. That means when Wintersday event comes, majority of us won’t be in WvW. So would it really be a good idea to try to push to tier 2 right now? Not at all.

We will see once Wintersday ends.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Who said anything about wanting to be in T2? I think it’s probably like T3 with better coverage and potentially longer queues when I would normally play.

Let me pose this question: if you folks were in T1, would you just enjoy the fights knowing you’ve “made it”? Or would you complain that there’s no longer any incentive to play, fights are boring, we’ve played the same servers over and over, etc.?

It might be time to stop worrying so much about tier and start enjoying WvW for WvW’s sake. Or worry about tiers. Whatever floats boats.

I’ll be out there fightin’, and winnin’.

NOTE: The above is a reference to da orks. I understand FA is in 3rd place in the match-up. You don’t have to quote me and inform me of the scoreboard, because if you did, I’d ignore you anyway. Cheers.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

I don’t really want to go up to T2, but I do think its kind of absurd you can win your matchup for 2 months straight and still not be close to moving up. Losing points when you win your matchup is a bit dumb.

Maid Of The Coast

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Score update:

CD making full use of their strongest timing, how long can TC hold this time?

Attachments:

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

JakobGW.5730

I gotta ask, do you ever read previous posts? I mean seriously. This will be the 2nd time I have to remention a previous post.

There are a lot of people (majority actually) who do not want to progress to tier 2 right nw. People are even telling others to take a break from WvW altogether or don’t push too hard.

Why you may ask? We are the original RP server. That means when Wintersday event comes, majority of us won’t be in WvW. So would it really be a good idea to try to push to tier 2 right now? Not at all.

We will see once Wintersday ends.

Yay! I got another response from my favorite forum warrior!

No, I don’t sit all day studying the posts in one thread. My post was actually directed to Urrid who stated,

“As far as t2 goes, were never going to get there without intense teamwork. . . .”

Do you read previous posts? I mean seriously?

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

JakobGW.5730

Who said anything about wanting to be in T2?

As far as t2 goes, were never going to get there without intense teamwork

That’s who.

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Stonesolid.2706

Stonesolid.2706

That’s who.

Tarnished Coast, FA.. same difference, right? lol

All this drama is hilarious. Lots of popcorn and /facepalms on my part.. but maybe I don’t take the whole score and tier thing as serious as everyone else.

On topic: Great 3 way fights on CDBL last night all. I started out dead on the west stairs calling out the incoming (died when TC burst through the door) but a Veteran decided to pick me up and let me get back in the lords room to fight you all off. :P It was a blast. Looking forward to more like it in the future.

Also, I refuse to honor any sort of alliance with an enemy server. I can’t be asked to differentiate between different types of scrub, they all need to be cut down. And I’ll say it as many times as you’d like.. I like it here in T3 and I like playing against TC.. why would we want to be dominated in T2 or dominate T4 when we can always have great battles here in the tier we belong?

Stonesolid – Sylvari Mesmer
Member of Unlimited [ULTD]
Fort Aspenwood’s Force of Chaos

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Urrid.4593

That’s who.

Reading comprehension…

I didn’t say I wanted to be there, I was commenting on how we could get there, not a desire to be there.

I was also saying in a round about way that we (tc) have tons to improve upon as a server. I hope you don’t take this as chest beating!!! I know your middle school teachers must have been worried sick over you!

(edited by Urrid.4593)

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Stonesolid.2706

I have a lot of respect for TC and honestly CD has brought better fights than YB but they should’ve left their drama and alliance offers in T4.

(edited by Stonesolid.2706)

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

JakobGW.5730

That’s who.

All this drama is hilarious. Lots of popcorn and /facepalms on my part.. but maybe I don’t take the whole score and tier thing as serious as everyone else.

What? I’m still trying to figure out if you’re being sarcastic or realized that you made a mistake. A TC guy was talking about moving up to tier 2 with intense teamwork and I responded. Then you, a FA player, wanted to know who said anything about tier 2. So I responded with an answer. I wasn’t even talking about FA but somehow you’re trying to make that dicussion about your server. It appears that you’re trying to stir up drama about your server (when it wasn’t even your server being addressed) and then complain about drama!

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

JakobGW.5730

That’s who.

Reading comprehension…

I didn’t say I wanted to be there, I was commenting on how we could get there, not a desire to be there.

I was also saying in a round about way that we (tc) have tons to improve upon as a server. I hope you don’t take this as chest beating!!! I know your middle school teachers must have been worried sick over you!

Wow. . . just . . . wow.

There is nothing in my post about “desire” in any fasion. You made the statement that TC couldn’t get to teir 2 without intense teamwork and I responded with my opinion about that comment and how I feel that you could get to teir 2. Somehow, the other posters have made this simple response to you now directed to them or their respective servers, and then complain about drama in this thread.

So who is really creating all this so-called “drama” that they are complaining so much about??

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Stonesolid.2706

That’s who.

What? I’m still trying to figure out if you’re being sarcastic or realized that you made a mistake. A TC guy was talking about moving up to tier 2 with intense teamwork and I responded. Then you, a FA player, wanted to know who said anything about tier 2. So I responded with an answer. I wasn’t even talking about FA but somehow you’re trying to make that dicussion about your server. It appears that you’re trying to stir up drama about your server (when it wasn’t even your server being addressed) and then complain about drama!

I read it all out of context then. I thought Cog (who is not me, btw) was talking about the people saying FA wanted to move up (which just seems silly to me).

And you know me.. always starting drama for my server. lol

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

I have a lot of respect for TC and honestly CD has brought better fights than YB but they should’ve left their drama and alliance offers in T4.

The respect is mutual. You guys (ULTD) are a great group of players. I know when I see your tag I’m up for a fight and usually end up dead or picking up dead friends.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Shinhwa.1604

Shinhwa.1604

It’s presumed that as a corpse you are spying for a larger group. It’s dirty to not release, you have only sinister reasons to not release.

Is it just me, or does anyone else always find these good times to go afk, get a drink, use the bathroom, talk with the wife, etc, etc. I love coming back to people still standing around my corpse while I was eating my supper and watching TV.

I do that too. I feel bad when I come back and find someone server mate rez’d me too. Then I’m just standing around in an open field like a dork and I don’t need any help in the looking like a dork department.

But when I am down I also spend time reporting on troop movement and strength, clicking on various siege, walls, and doors reporting their health. The game shouldn’t allow defeated players to spy like that. But until it goes away, it is prudent to use that ‘feature’.

Fort Aspenwood

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

As far as I am concerned, CD has been very passive in this forum. Maybe you should check again?

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

You should look back and read up on who offered an alliance first. Hint, it wasn’t CD.

Also, most of us play to beat the top team. Heck on some level I’d like to be the red server because of map set-up when attacking the others, but oh well. (speaking of EB).

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Shinhwa.1604

lol, was just going to say the same thing. I get this from both CD and FA after 12 jump on little old solo me. Fair fight! But it’s part of WvW .. if you happen to be caught with your pants down, you’re going to get staked. Just the risk you take when you run through the zone.

And while I’m not a big fan of the /laugh emote after killing people (I think it’s a bit cheap to be honest), it’s not limited to any one server.

(Love that the original OP came to grumble about the /laughing, but apparently also to brag a bit too! It’s all good! )

The only crime here is that there aren’t more emotes. 1/2 the fun of playing CoD with my 10 yr old is listening to him call me, lets see if I have the entire list, n00b, nugget, poser, fng, girl, old man, meh.. I’m missing a few. He also says things like: stop it, you suck, and my personal favorite “I don’t love you any more.” But that is because I always make sure my first kill of the night is with a knife.

Its a game. I have no problem with people celebrating their victories. Who doesn’t jump out of their chair and do a little dance when they own Boardwalk and Park Place with hotels and their 9yr old daughter lands on it? Well, good daddies I guess, but I’m not one of those.

Fort Aspenwood

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Jayne.9251

The only crime here is that there aren’t more emotes. 1/2 the fun of playing CoD with my 10 yr old is listening to him call me, lets see if I have the entire list, n00b, nugget, poser, fng, girl, old man, meh.. I’m missing a few. He also says things like: stop it, you suck, and my personal favorite “I don’t love you any more.” But that is because I always make sure my first kill of the night is with a knife.

Its a game. I have no problem with people celebrating their victories. Who doesn’t jump out of their chair and do a little dance when they own Boardwalk and Park Place with hotels and their 9yr old daughter lands on it? Well, good daddies I guess, but I’m not one of those.

lol I’m having a hard time discerning if that was sarcasm or you need therapy!

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Urrid.4593

You would gloat over a 9 year old in a game mainly driven by chance?

We do need more emotes like /shrug.

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: rhonyn.6810

rhonyn.6810

Wow, TC came out in force tonight! I’m really impressed. Every Map on Q!

Yeah, you guys have a lot of bodies. I don’t even think t1 has 4 map q’s anymore (especially week days). FA certainly can’t come anywhere close to matching those numbers.

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

That’s who.

Edit: I have a tendency to reply to posts as I go along. Just admit it. That quote you made up there was wrong. Urrid never made any remarks that would indicate a desire to move to Tier 2. I know how busy your life must be, so you don’t have to spend hours trawling through the thread like the rest of us. It’s taken me 3 years to finish this thread.

I’ve been on this thread since Page 1. Maybe you arrived late and decided you didn’t want to read through pages and pages of drivel. That’s fine. But there’s a reason some people have quoted things for future reference. There’s also a reason why people have been asked to read previous posts, that being because most of us would much rather avoid having to type out the same thing again and again.

FOR FUTURE REFERENCE, LET ME MAKE IT CLEAR: There are a great many of us on Tarnished Coast who have repeatedly expressed their indifference towards moving up a tier.

My favourite part of your post was how you deliberately sidestepped what Urrid said about reading comprehension and then went on to demonstrate said problem about reading comprehension.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

(edited by Usagi.4835)

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Shinhwa.1604

lol I’m having a hard time discerning if that was sarcasm or you need therapy!

Its 100% true, so I probably need therapy. But in my defense, I would stop celebrating as soon as she was done emptying her bank account into mine. When I land on her Boardwalk/PP combo with hotels, I won’t hear the end of it for at least a week. She will leave odes to her victory on the whiteboard in my office. And they won’t be of the “Offspring gestures” variety either I can tell you that.

Fort Aspenwood

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

rhonyn.6810

That’s who.

But Jakob, did Urrid actually SAY “We want to be in T2”? Try reading what was posted again.

Why wouldn’t you want to be in T2?…..your numbers certainly justify it.

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Usagi.4835

That’s who.

But Jakob, did Urrid actually SAY “We want to be in T2”? Try reading what was posted again.

Because people are painfully aware that, though TC has the numbers required for T2, there is still a lot of work to be done with regards to teamwork and organisation?

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

rhonyn.6810

That’s who.

Because people are painfully aware that, though TC has the numbers required for T2, there is still a lot of work to be done with regards to teamwork and organisation?

…best way to gain that though is with adversity…not growing complacent in a tier you can seemingly coast through imo……there are no other t3 servers that come close to your prime time population.

I find when ever we (FA) dropped down and were in matches where we had numbers advantages it tended to have the opposite effect you are looking for….people get lazy, stop caring, stop showing up, just mess around etc…..adversity and pressure force you to play better. For instance the specter of CD/FA “alliance” (in brackets to avoid that debate again) seemingly resulted in 4 map Q’s for you….you’d get that pressure/incentive every night in t1/t2 to learn/improve and increase participation.

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

So I was fighting a TC dude who was left behind on the catapults in Askalonian Hills, and suddenly TC capped the place, and both me and him got stuck in the walls. We fought to end it eventually but then so many people came over and started AOE-ing that part of the wall. I knew I wanted to just go away but I hate Alt-F4ing so I ran around to where they AOE-d but seems like not hitting me much. Granted I noticed they were low levels or have low dmg so I waited awhile and still they couldn’t kill me. I REALLY HATE Alt-F4 wimps so I never wanted to do it. So I tried my best to let myself die but the people aoe-ing just had bad dmg. Provoking them by doing some aoes myself didn’t make them hit harder too. Unable to stand it anymore I tried desperately to get myself killed or get out of there, I first waited in a corner to see if I can have that “engaged” state go away but it wouldn’t so I couldn’t port. I changed my guild name to “CANT U SEE IM STUCK” as I hoped they would stop attacking so I could port, and then “HOW IM GONNA PORT IkittenEEP HITTIN” but they still hit (like low dmg)… I then looked for a way where they could deal more damage and found out I could run even further to them… they hit like awhile to kill me before finishing me. THANKS FOR SENDING ME BACK!

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Usagi.4835

…best way to gain that though is with adversity…not growing complacent in a tier you can seemingly coast through imo……there are no other t3 servers that come close to your prime time population.

I find when ever we (FA) dropped down and were in matches where we had numbers advantages it tended to have the opposite effect you are looking for….people get lazy, stop caring, stop showing up, just mess around etc…..adversity and pressure force you to play better. For instance the specter of CD/FA “alliance” (in brackets to avoid that debate again) seemingly resulted in 4 map Q’s for you….you’d get that pressure/incentive every night in t1/t2 to learn/improve and increase participation.

Exactly, which is why people asked for FA to tag team us with CD. But how else are we going to improve? Unless we all stop playing wuvwuv, TC is in no danger of dropping down to Tier 4. Most of us want TC to move up to Tier 2 and get spanked. The 2v1 has forced people to wake up a bit and recognise that escorting yaks, babysitting towers, flipping quaggans and things like that are tedious but necessary. I don’t know how long it will last but you’re right, in either case. Adversity does force people to get better or otherwise fall behind everybody else.

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: OldRodKS.9758

OldRodKS.9758

I changed my guild name to “CANT U SEE IM STUCK”

How did you do this? I thought there was no way to change guild names.

Playing on Tarnished Coast
Playing a various Stormspire alt – if it’s Stormspire, it’s probably me
Guilds: Elder Prophets [EP], Principality of New Katulus (PiNK)

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

JakobGW.5730

FOR FUTURE REFERENCE, LET ME MAKE IT CLEAR: There are a great many of us on Tarnished Coast who have repeatedly expressed their indifference towards moving up a tier.

Most of us want TC to move up to Tier 2 and get spanked.

So a “great many” of you want to stay and farm tier 3, but “most” of you want to move up to tier 2? I don’t get it. I guess most of you are catering to the great many of you who just want to farm wins in tier 3?

EDIT: I just realized you said that a great many of you are actually indifferent which means that most of you are catering to folks who don’t care? That makes what you wrote even more bizarre.

I suppose CD could stay in tier 4, simply farm easy wins with our population, and come to these forums and say, “Well we don’t want to get to teir 3 because we’ll just get spanked. We need more practice! Let’s just farm these easy wins, without learning really anything important, and claim that we’re not ready for tier 3.”

Or, CD could just advance to tier 3, knowing that we’ll get spanked and actually accomplish something and improve.

Spoiler Alert!: You’ll never get to tier 2 even if you wanted to. At least not until (1) you get more players or (2) players leave the top 6 servers. That doesn’t mean you can’t try.

If you don’t “want,” “desire” or “care to” reach tier 2, that’s fine. But trying to play it off like a great many of your server doesn’t want to be in tier 2 because of que’s, organization, or practice, is a bunch of bull. There are no more que’s that I’m aware of on weekday nights in tier 2, and if you really wanted to learn organization and practice, you would fight someone who would actually be a challenge.

You’re just trying to make excuses for farming easy wins.

(edited by JakobGW.5730)

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

It’s presumed that as a corpse you are spying for a larger group. It’s dirty to not release, you have only sinister reasons to not release.

Is it just me, or does anyone else always find these good times to go afk, get a drink, use the bathroom, talk with the wife, etc, etc. I love coming back to people still standing around my corpse while I was eating my supper and watching TV.

Thats when I take my breaks. Spying?…please…its kitten video game…I’ll map when I’m ready to play again. But I really don’t care what you’re doing while I’m taking a few minutes to do whatever.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

I changed my guild name to “CANT U SEE IM STUCK”

How did you do this? I thought there was no way to change guild names.

Sorry, I wasn’t being clear. I created a new guild with a name that would convey what I wanted to say to my attackers.

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

Is it still considered chest-thumping if it’s in response to chest-thumping? Or is it all a fat load of situational irony at this point?

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Fiennes.9568

Fiennes.9568

Can I take this moment to thank CD and subsequently, FA, for the fight for Stonemist? Great fun guys!

Edit: TA=FA, obviously

(edited by Fiennes.9568)

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Can I take this moment to thank CD and subsequently, TA, for the fight for Stonemist? Great fun guys!

You can but it might get lost in the forum fray :P

But seriously this week has been fun and its not over yet.

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Merkator.6351

Merkator.6351

Can I take this moment to thank CD and subsequently, TA, for the fight for Stonemist? Great fun guys!

Agreed, it was fun.

I’d also like to add a shoutout to the FA thief that would wave at us inside the SM upper keep while perma stealthed having 20 TC members looking for him. You gave us all some good fun running around looking for you!

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Derv The Monkinator.4915

Derv The Monkinator.4915

[GODS] decided to go to town in EB around 1:00PM EST.
Set up trebs and took down inner and outer SMC and then . . .
We took ALL the towers!

Attachments:

Derv The Monkinator – Fort Aspenwood
[GODS] Guild Leader

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Merkator.6351

Merkator.6351

[GODS] decided to go to town in EB around 1:00PM EST.
Set up trebs and took down inner and outer SMC and then . . .
We took ALL the towers!

Oh hey, we forgot to thank you for helping us take Stonemist by distracting CD so well to the north side of SM we were able to sneak in the south gate and surprise them in the Lord’s Room. We also really appreciate you pulling out of SM so we could secure it easily.

Say, do us a favor the next time you help us take stuff from CD? Take your dead with you. We found one of your mesmer’s dead in the upper levels of SM. Had to bury him right there with a flame ram on top of him as a memorial. You also left a lost lonely thief behind. We could hear him, but never could find him. If you find the thief’s parents, could you let them know we left food out for him in SM? We’re all hoping he found his way home!

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Usagi.4835

So a “great many” of you want to stay and farm tier 3, but “most” of you want to move up to tier 2? I don’t get it. I guess most of you are catering to the great many of you who just want to farm wins in tier 3?

EDIT: I just realized you said that a great many of you are actually indifferent which means that most of you are catering to folks who don’t care? That makes what you wrote even more bizarre.

I suppose CD could stay in tier 4, simply farm easy wins with our population, and come to these forums and say, “Well we don’t want to get to teir 3 because we’ll just get spanked. We need more practice! Let’s just farm these easy wins, without learning really anything important, and claim that we’re not ready for tier 3.”

Or, CD could just advance to tier 3, knowing that we’ll get spanked and actually accomplish something and improve.

Spoiler Alert!: You’ll never get to tier 2 even if you wanted to. At least not until (1) you get more players or (2) players leave the top 6 servers. That doesn’t mean you can’t try.

If you don’t “want,” “desire” or “care to” reach tier 2, that’s fine. But trying to play it off like a great many of your server doesn’t want to be in tier 2 because of que’s, organization, or practice, is a bunch of bull. There are no more que’s that I’m aware of on weekday nights in tier 2, and if you really wanted to learn organization and practice, you would fight someone who would actually be a challenge.

Please don’t tell me what I’m doing. It’s irritating.

I am telling you now that a lot of us aware that we are lacking in organisation, strategy and teamwork. I do not understand what you find so bizarre but then you seem to have trouble deciphering what people say (see above ‘reading comprehension’).

Nobody has said anything about farming easy wins in Tier 3. Stop picking at straws. It’s almost as grating as your inability to understand what I am saying.

IMPORTANT: If you had taken the trouble to read through previous posts or matchup threads, you would be painfully aware of many people’s attitudes towards Tier 2.

Don’t act as if people aren’t trying. That’s rude. Also, we’re not going to move up to Tier 2 because, from my understanding, we aren’t facerolling this tier which means we’re not gaining enough points to move up a rank. I don’t even know what you’re going on about.

Hypocrisy at its finest when you point fingers and call others forum warriors and yet, here you are, making snide remarks and being so forthright and condescending as to tell me what I’m saying is rubbish. Also, stop sidestepping what I say.

I’m going to repeat myself to make it clear; do not presume to tell me what I or anyone else is doing. And don’t pretend to know what we discuss on Tarnished Coast.

EDIT: Will you stop misquoting and twisting what people are saying? I’m not being a hypocrite; you’re just picking at my words and trying to twist their meaning. ._. Read what I’ve typed below and that might clear up the confusion.

When I said that we want to go to Tier 2 and get spanked, I mean that we will get there, get thoroughly stomped, hopefully learn something and improve! THAT is the sole reason why people want to move up to Tier 2 atm. We KNOW we will get stomped, almost certainly. But we also know that we’re not ready. But even so, what’s important is learning from the experience.

I think you need to read previous posts and matchup threads. That way, misunderstandings like this don’t happen.

Refusal to read previous posts (which isn’t difficult at all) is why there are some misinformed posters, such as yourself.

(edited by Usagi.4835)

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: NinjaSonic.1392

NinjaSonic.1392

This is the most absurd I’ve seen the potential points I’ve seen in WvW.

Attachments:

[DIS] Dissentient – Streetlamp Lé Moose (Best Ranger North Korea)

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

Do you think the current PPT would be any different had there been no ‘treaty’? Face it, TC has a massive WvW population right now compared to FA and CD, one of you even said that you had queues on all 4 maps today. FA can fill 1, maybe 2 maps with outmanned on the other 2. Had there not been some sort of mutual understanding that TC is the strongest in this tier, the score right now would easily be more favorable to TC.

It’s more like FA and CD poked the bear. You should never poke the bear….

What’s funny is we don’t plan on pushing too hard until after the Wintersday event lol. We would rather not be in tier 2 when majority of our population is participating in Wintersday.

There is zero chance TC will be in tier 2 next week. Look at the ratings:

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

Last week IoJ lost about 30 and you gained about 30. If that had been repeated this week, you would have crossed.

However, this week, IoJ has gained and you have lost.

There’s also no chance FA is going to be kicked down to tier 4: FA has gained rating and YB has lost rating.

I’m also utterly amazed and appalled at three whole pages of people bickering over whether or not there was an alliance, who was in it, how formal it was, blah blah blah.

None of that matters in the slightest. The way the game is supposed to play out is a constant ever shifting ‘alliance’ of the two weaker servers attacking the stronger server. I say an alliance but what I really mean is that it is supposed to be obvious to both weaker servers that it is mutually beneficial to ignore each other and attack the server currently in the lead. Ideally you wouldn’t even need to talk to the other server at all, but if you do, that’s fine too. And the server in the lead might change many times in a single matchup so the alliances would constantly change up too.

I can not fathom people who get outraged at being double teamed or that the other two servers are working against them when they are in the lead: that is what is supposed to happen

(edited by Vorpal.4683)

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

JakobGW.5730

I am telling you now that a lot of us aware that we are lacking in organisation, strategy and teamwork. I do not understand what you find so bizarre but then you seem to have trouble deciphering what people say (see above ‘reading comprehension’).

Nobody has said anything about farming easy wins in Tier 3. Stop picking at straws. It’s almost as grating as your inability to understand what I am saying.

IMPORTANT: If you had taken the trouble to read through previous posts or matchup threads, you would be painfully aware of many people’s attitudes towards Tier 2.

Don’t act as if people aren’t trying. That’s rude. Also, we’re not going to move up to Tier 2 because, from my understanding, we aren’t facerolling this tier which means we’re not gaining enough points to move up a rank. I don’t even know what you’re going on about.

Hypocrisy at its finest when you point fingers and call others forum warriors and yet, here you are, making snide remarks and being so forthright and condescending as to tell me what I’m saying is rubbish. Also, stop sidestepping what I say.

I’m going to repeat myself to make it clear; do not presume to tell me what I or anyone else is doing. And don’t pretend to know what we discuss on Tarnished Coast.

EDIT: Will you stop misquoting and twisting what people are saying? I’m not being a hypocrite; you’re just picking at my words and trying to twist their meaning. ._. Read what I’ve typed below and that might clear up the confusion.

When I said that we want to go to Tier 2 and get spanked, I mean that we will get there, get thoroughly stomped, hopefully learn something and improve! THAT is the sole reason why people want to move up to Tier 2 atm. We KNOW we will get stomped, almost certainly. But we also know that we’re not ready. But even so, what’s important is learning from the experience.

I think you need to read previous posts and matchup threads. That way, misunderstandings like this don’t happen.

Refusal to read previous posts (which isn’t difficult at all) is why there are some misinformed posters, such as yourself.

Sorry for using your words against you. My apologies. I actually thought that when you took the time to type something, you meant it. I guess you like to re-type what you say severals times and explain your inconsistancies before we get the full picture. I’ll remember that next time and do some research each time you post before responding.

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: cannedflame.3597

cannedflame.3597

As a parent this post scares me. I’d never let my children talk that way to me… shrug Guess I’m just old fashioned, in the sense that if I lipped off to my Dad (no matter the situation) I was shown how literal his “iron-fisted” rule was…

But I do agree that the game would be fun with more emote animations. Since we have no way to talk to the other server but through our emotes, when half of the emotes that come through are either condescending or mocking, it is sure to only breed more animosity. I think we have plenty of that in this match up.

I am notorious for dancing on the body when I think somebody is corpse-spying though, so I am not much better than anybody else I suppose.

Human Necromancer Marrow Doomherald – Charr Guardian Karn Aegispaw
Norn Warrior Teun Vallensson – Human Thief Roland Whelan
Guild Creator of Born of Ice and Fire [BIF]

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Usagi.4835

Sorry for using your words against you. My apologies. I actually thought that when you took the time to type something, you meant it. I guess you like to re-type what you say severals times and explain your inconsistancies before we get the full picture. I’ll remember that next time and do some research each time you post before responding.

Not really. Did you read my post? The fact that I’m trying to have a discussion and clarify things here whilst you fumble about, sidestepping your own mistakes, is rather telling.

You shouldn’t be sorry for ‘using my words against me’. You should be sorry for misquoting and misunderstanding the gist of what I and others have said.

I don’t understand why you can’t take what I say at face value, like I must be lying or twisting the truth.

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

rhonyn.6810

I think you are under estimating TC. Numbers have changed a lot over the last 2 months, many people have left/playing less, including many of the “hardcore” wvw guilds. You may suffer score wise in t2 due to some off-peak gaps (relative to other t1/2 servers), but if you are fielding 4 full/nearly full maps its hard to see how you could not be competitive during those periods (in fact prolly more competitive then FA/CD are with TC during peak, as we seemingly field ~1/2? your numbers globally). Issues with off-peak coverage gaps won’t be corrected with practice/communication unfortunately, but your prime time group would have more to do at least.

Despite all the chest thumping GW2 wvw scoring/tiers is primarily driven by numbers….you got em. Changing tiers now is harder though as we’ve had weeks of servers being put in some rough buckets, so blow outs (leading to large rating gains/losses) are rarer in the upper tiers (minus xfer wild cards) so there is less dramatic movements.

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Usagi.4835

The quotes about Tier 2? It wasn’t inconsistency, rather it was the fact that I didn’t explain it in detail as well as your own misunderstanding. I repeated things in the hope that it would get through to you.