22/12 BG - SoR - TC

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Aneirin Cadwall.9126

The notion that Sanctum of Rall is home to more adults/parents is showing. Wish I could log in and defend the tiny amount of real estate we’re holding, but it’s Christmas day, and I have my priorities straight.

Men who achieve some power desire more until they destroy themselves trying to get it.—Turai Ossa
Sanctum of Rall since beta 3. Mesmer since 1070 AE

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Losing SM is no big deal for us, we own SM 95% of the time every week.

That wasn’t the point I was trying to make, but thanks for trying. I was just curious as to the fight in TC’s lord room in EB last night.

No clue, I wasn’t there. Could have been a tactical mistake by the commander there, who knows. They can happen to the best of commanders.

How disappointing…my curiosity will never be satisfied it seems.

I’m usually in the Borderlands because I don’t really like EBG that much (multitude of reasons). But when I have been in EBG I’ve never been a fan of taking another servers main keep anyway, its right near their spawn so it is easy to defend and it usually takes way too much focus to keep trying for it. And you can easily lose other stuff while focusing on that keep. But no one listens lol.

BeeGee
Beast mode

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Rhongomyniad.5081

Rhongomyniad.5081

I’m really enjoying this match up (I guess I have in general since TC’s move to T3 and now T2), especially without the orb mechanic. There are some time zones where TC could use far more people in WvW, but since our server is full I guess it’s a matter of getting more PVE guilds/players to give WvW a try.

Season’s Greetings to all!

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

The notion that Sanctum of Rall is home to more adults/parents is showing. Wish I could log in and defend the tiny amount of real estate we’re holding, but it’s Christmas day, and I have my priorities straight.

LOL Really? Many of the current BG players right now are not in the NA timezone, they had their Xmas yesterday.

BeeGee
Beast mode

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

Were I able, I’d propose a 30-minute Cease-fire this evening, such that various members of each server can share some food, or in respect for Christmas. Much like has happened in history in the past. World War 2, for example, when the men in the trenches stopped the fighting for Christmas.

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Predator.7321

Predator.7321

Were I able, I’d propose a 30-minute Cease-fire this evening, such that various members of each server can share some food, or in respect for Christmas. Much like has happened in history in the past. World War 2, for example, when the men in the trenches stopped the fighting for Christmas.

If I had the chance to have SoR and TC gather in one spot with HB there I would have the most epic steamroll moment ever.
Sorry I they’re no such thing as ceasefires where there is loot to get

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Envi.2460

Envi.2460

^ You’d still lose since your superior rams would be no good in the open field -prod-

Noba/Envi/Ryuoko/Seiya Murasame
Sanctum of Rall Currently guildless sniffle

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Robdalf.2561

Robdalf.2561

There might have been an example of this in WW2, but the most famous example was in 1914, during WW1.

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Vodka.3958

Vodka.3958

Hahah doubt it, Blackgate comes out midweek as it has been for the past 5 weeks…

Commander [ICoa] Hollywood Fiend
Primal Emperor of Imperial Coalition
imperialcoalition.enjin.com

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Hahah doubt it, Blackgate comes out midweek as it has been for the past 5 weeks…

Yes we know. SoR leaves the weekend generally with more points and BG gets more during the week. The coverage differences should be common knowledge now.

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

Or..don’t make decisions in life that cause needless priorities., kids, wife, etc. Life is much cheaper and simpler without those constant money syncs.

I did once and realized , “I’m a grown man, and I can’t do what I want, when I want. Screw this, I’m out.”

Now, it’s quiet. No screaming, yelling. My money is mine. My time is mine. As it was intended.

My heart bleeds for you, sad little Ebenezer. Enjoy your loneliness and misery.

Why would he be lonely and miserable if he has all the money in the world to spend on himself and has nothing to worry about? Seems to me like he would be having a blast in his life. I have met many people who are married and with kids who are absolutely miserable, and many people who are not married and with no kids who are the happiest people in the world. Its all relative and you shouldn’t make assumptions pertaining to marriage and kids on an individual basis.

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Scores for 9:30pm on GMT -3 (3:30pmPST)

Attachments:

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Predator.7321

Predator.7321

Had fun farming TC today
HB open gate defense bottled the entire TC server up the gate

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: FrozeNuggz.7219

FrozeNuggz.7219

I declare Vendetta against Sanctum of Rall by the Lords of Blackgate!!

" The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous." V

“You underestimate the Power of the Dark Side” Vader

“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you”
? Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Shaniquia Johnson – Frozenuggz [KnT] Blackgate

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Elthuzar.9478

Elthuzar.9478

Or..don’t make decisions in life that cause needless priorities., kids, wife, etc. Life is much cheaper and simpler without those constant money syncs.

I did once and realized , “I’m a grown man, and I can’t do what I want, when I want. Screw this, I’m out.”

Now, it’s quiet. No screaming, yelling. My money is mine. My time is mine. As it was intended.

P.S. Christmas is just another Tuesday to me. It’s all about money anyway, the meaning was lost Eons ago.

LOL @ Real life being a time & money sink.
I assume you meant sink as in, money goes down the drain?
Sync is short for synchronous and is quite the opposite of what you intended to say.

The Painted Norn of [WILD]We Intercept Lost Dolyaks

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Ok guys. Everyone views life and its priorities differently. To mock someone for their views, particularly if they’re different from your own world view is a bit unseemly.

Back to the thread at hand …. Anyone have a score update?

L’enfer, c’est les autres

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: GekoHayate.2451

GekoHayate.2451

Trench warfare was WW1, and many of the officers that lead the cease-fire on all sides were executed.

Not exactly the best example for yule-tide togetherness.

Havroun of Karp – Disciples of Magikarp [Karp]

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

That wasn’t the point I was trying to make, but thanks for trying. I was just curious as to the fight in TC’s lord room in EB last night.

No clue, I wasn’t there. Could have been a tactical mistake by the commander there, who knows. They can happen to the best of commanders.

That was epic. We were able to hold them in the lords ring and whittle them down after their initial massive golem rush. Most of us wound up with some decent repair bills after… but it was soooooo worth it xD

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: nyaonyao.8402

nyaonyao.8402

Score and Map update~!

Attachments:

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

Great Fights just now in SorBL over Bay. I hope we made it interesting for a couple hours! Cheers To several guilds who aided the effort!

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Dao.8156

Dao.8156

Had fun farming TC today
HB open gate defense bottled the entire TC server up the gate

EB? If so that was only one of our commands you bottled up there for a few minutes. The decision was made to keep focusing on our other objectives. Great work in any event! BG has really grown in tactics since we met last. We are learning from you, so expect reciprocal tactics from us in the future my friend. ^.^

~ Dao

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

It is my wish that one day…. all forms of exploiting and hacking will be frowned upon (even by ex-hackers and ex-exploiters)

A fair fight is a good fight. No one should have to result to fighting dirty just to score a few points. Keep it clean folks – the victory feels much sweeter that way!

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: mrochon.8765

mrochon.8765

Can someone from Blackgate please check the Shadaran Hills keep on your own borderlands immeditately, since the place is in combat. About 10 minutes ago I saw about 4 people TC from a guild with the tag [DEVS] that had exploited our spawn, gotten out of the map, and were moving north. Sadly they had all ran away before I could get a screenshot.

Thanks for the heads up. DEVS is a well known hacking guild who jumps from server to server and hacks/exploits. They’ve hacked on JQ, SBI and BG. Looks like they’ve moved to TC Now. It is a shame that is over a month later and they are still at it.

Do you have ANY proof of these allegations? Or are you just tell us what you’ve heard? DEVS does not hack, exploit or anything of the like. It is sad that our elite guild is capable of killing groups that far out number us, only to later be called hackers.

Joose Buckaloose
Pink Monkeys [DEVS]
God among Thieves and QQ Instigator

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

It is my wish that one day…. all forms of exploiting and hacking will be frowned upon (even by ex-hackers and ex-exploiters)

A fair fight is a good fight. No one should have to result to fighting dirty just to score a few points. Keep it clean folks – the victory feels much sweeter that way!

Wow that was diplomatic! How much did your commander cost?

Funny you should say that! Many of us who don’t belong to his guild sent him gold voluntarily since he’s such a cool guy and does decent job with leading groups and he’s been representing our server since launch as far as I remember.

Are you sure you’re on TC? Your signature says otherwise. Don’t play for our server if you can’t represent us or appreciate our players. Toasties play for each other, not to showcase how elite their guild is. We’re fine with losing if we played fairly and our enemies appreciate it.

If you didn’t hack or exploit, you’ve responded above to others and that should’ve been enough. You didn’t have to quote someone and put them down for just speaking something in general! It only strengthens other’s accusations that you did something wrong. His post didn’t even mention your guild name anywhere!

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Nakoor.1980

Nakoor.1980

That was epic. We were able to hold them in the lords ring and whittle them down after their initial massive golem rush. Most of us wound up with some decent repair bills after… but it was soooooo worth it xD

Thank you, was really interested in what was happening up there. That explains alot.

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Thevoidiscold.4910

Thevoidiscold.4910

I haven’t been playing wvw since I’m leveling up a new toon after months of playing nothing but my guardian. But I am keeping an eye on the threads. I just want to give you all a neat idea, Try eggnog with baileys. Sounded gross at first but it was pretty math. Merry Christmas and a happy spaghetti and meatballs to you.

Ariel Ostrovsky
Blackgate/Guardian
Ayy Lmao

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: cannedflame.3597

cannedflame.3597

Trench warfare was WW1, and many of the officers that lead the cease-fire on all sides were executed.

Not exactly the best example for yule-tide togetherness.

Not exactly a student of history, are you? There was plenty of trench fighting in WW2, as told to me by not only my own grandfather, but also in the memoirs of multiple unit commanders. Lay off the guy, huh?

Human Necromancer Marrow Doomherald – Charr Guardian Karn Aegispaw
Norn Warrior Teun Vallensson – Human Thief Roland Whelan
Guild Creator of Born of Ice and Fire [BIF]

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Karuna.1357

Karuna.1357

Do you have ANY proof of these allegations? Or are you just tell us what you’ve heard? DEVS does not hack, exploit or anything of the like. It is sad that our elite guild is capable of killing groups that far out number us, only to later be called hackers.

I’m sure it is just pure coincidence that every server your guild has ever been on seems to know of your guild’s habits and doesn’t like you.

Guild Leader/Commander, the Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Tarnished Coast
http://www.espguild.com

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I’m just happy TC isn’t getting as steamrolled as I’d fear :O

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Cosmos The Cat.2954

Cosmos The Cat.2954

I think anet has done as much as they can with the speed at which their code monkeys can work. That being said, the culling is the only thing that truly bothers me or interferes with my total enjoyment of wvw. I have hours of video that would have truly been epic and postable (and great for marketing) if only I could have seen more than the animations of my enemies.

I do wish people would stop the terrain exploits, but for the few that do it, it means very little to the score. Just keep up with the social stigmatization until anet can patch out the holes. These maps are huge and the designers cannot fix the terrain bugs only the coders can.

To post on topic, TC has been a welcome challenger. No disrespect to IOJ, but they just didn’t have the coverage nor the presence that TC has presented so far. But we’ll see as time goes on. The first week in a new tier, everybody comes to play.

Funny thing is.. I haven’t seen a good number of the regulars.

TC Thief
[DIS][STAR]

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Durakone.5237

Durakone.5237

Sor? aoe exploiters.

http://imgur.com/a/kBL51

targetting inside the gates this far? TC took your keep with skill and not exploits. Pathetic that you have to resort to exploiting the targeting system. You call out blackgate? hypocrites

Dwhite Dynamite of the TC

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Ardon.4105

Ardon.4105

Sor? aoe exploiters.

targetting inside the gates this far? TC took your keep with skill and not exploits. Pathetic that you have to resort to exploiting the targeting system. You call out blackgate? hypocrites

Calm down. Dragons Tooth doesn’t require line of sight to hit. It’s not an exploit, just a broken skill that Anet needs to fix.

[Agg] Rendon Argos (Charrgos) – Guardian
Server Traversing Nomad

(edited by Ardon.4105)

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Kanji Maki.1695

Kanji Maki.1695

So we made SoR bl…blue and went to hit bg with our 50 man zerg! Bg says ok…comes back with an 80ish group of God only knows kids hoped up on candy canes.

And in 2 more hours those bg asians with zone 100 man zerg in…WTB more off hour coverage for SoR.

Way to play for 1st TC…good fights on all fronts!

Conquerors Within [WvW]-Commander-Valor Victis-Thief-Sanctum of Rall

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: GekoHayate.2451

GekoHayate.2451

Not exactly a student of history, are you? There was plenty of trench fighting in WW2, as told to me by not only my own grandfather, but also in the memoirs of multiple unit commanders. Lay off the guy, huh?

While there were instances of trench warfare, WW2 was not known for its trench warfare because of advances in artillery, aircraft, and tank warfare. Trenches and foxholes were still good to fortify positions for infantry defenders, but nowhere near as widespread as ww1.

Trench warfare is iconic with WW1.

The Christmas cease fire he was referring to was also in 1914, during WW1.

Havroun of Karp – Disciples of Magikarp [Karp]

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

Sor? aoe exploiters.

Calm down. Dragons Tooth doesn’t require line of sight to hit. It’s not an exploit, just a broken skill that Anet needs to fix.

This is the same as the mesmer Illusion skill under greatsword until Anet fixed it. All servers have people who use it, and it will only stop once Anet requires LoS.

And here I was hoping you had a pic of a SoR actually exploiting, or glitching so I could hunt them down to get people to mass report spam till banned.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Durakone.5237

Durakone.5237

abuse until its fixed? that’s pretty convenient. We mad? Of course. Cause we got talent not exploits

Dwhite Dynamite of the TC

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

abuse until its fixed? that’s pretty convenient. We mad? Of course. Cause we got talent not exploits

Yes so mad. Horribly angered. So hot blooded over it because everyone on all servers use it! OMG ban all people! Go GO!
(ok sarcasm done)

Believe me, I am an Ele, I even want it fixed. Sucks to be manning an AC behind a door to have another ele from BG or TC hitting me with dragon tooth. (Or am I on SoR and we aren’t paired vs TC/BG? wait, all 3 servers as well as many more have players who use it. Not 1, not only 2.)

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

(edited by Mishi.7058)

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Esoteric.5490

Esoteric.5490

Let’s be honest here, everyone uses Dragon’s tooth. I think the most upsetting thing about it is that they set the standard with Mesmer berserker and then left this one alone. However, if the skill is in the game, using an interaction of such is therefore working as intended until ANet actually changes it. BG used to use a lot of turtle tactics and did it quite well, and because of that everyone cried exploit and cheats.

Dragon’s Tooth will be nerfed just as every other tactic gets nerfed: because people complain about it non stop. I’ve lost track of how many “thieves are OP” threads I’ve seen. On that topic, thieves are largely useless for anything other than single target dps or small scale fights so I think they are pretty balanced considering their diminished role in anything larger scale. I think that ANet should give a giant middle finger to people who whine and complain and stop nerfing kittens because those are the people who are really ruining the game, not thieves or any other tactic that is effective. They make the community look like a bunch of whiny kittens.

Blackgate Forever,
Riven – [KnT] GM – http://KnightGaming.enjin.com
Commander – Grand General of Blackgate

(edited by Esoteric.5490)

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: cannedflame.3597

cannedflame.3597

While there were instances of trench warfare, WW2 was not known for its trench warfare because of advances in artillery, aircraft, and tank warfare. Trenches and foxholes were still good to fortify positions for infantry defenders, but nowhere near as widespread as ww1.

Trench warfare is iconic with WW1.

The Christmas cease fire he was referring to was also in 1914, during WW1.

There was also Ardennes Forest, in which bad weather limited mechanized transport, leading to the Battle of the Bulge that also continued through Christmas. There was an unofficial cease-fire that night, if I remember correctly.

Human Necromancer Marrow Doomherald – Charr Guardian Karn Aegispaw
Norn Warrior Teun Vallensson – Human Thief Roland Whelan
Guild Creator of Born of Ice and Fire [BIF]

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: flickky.2634

flickky.2634

Score/map update?

Flickky / Landsplash
[TwitchTV] [Twitter]
Oceanic Leader of [KnT] Knights of the Temple ~ Blackgate

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

Score/map update?

Pretty please? <3

This is the one day I’m stuck in the office this week (first world problems) =/

[AoN] All or Nothing

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: nyaonyao.8402

nyaonyao.8402

Score and Map update~!

Attachments:

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: waeren.9743

waeren.9743

Score update for those that requested it.

Attachments:

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

Score and Map update~!

Score update for those that requested it.

Thank you, sirs. You are both scholars and gentlemen.

[AoN] All or Nothing

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

Yarr, it be a vicious battle ‘dis week ’wit da crews be war’in ’gainst each other.

BG be mighty in ’da numbers, SoR be worthy adversaries as well.

We in TC BL be havin some fun last night with grog and ale, and be pushin SoR back to their spawn where da scurvy dogs belong! We also be leavin a nice shame ram as present fer da Christmas night!

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

covenn.7165

Ok guys. Everyone views life and its priorities differently. To mock someone for their views, particularly if they’re different from your own world view is a bit unseemly.

Back to the thread at hand …. Anyone have a score update?

In all fairness though, you should expect criticism if you publicly state them…. regardless of what they may be.

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Shaojack.3871

Shaojack.3871

Everything SoR is pretty much flipped.
Nicely done.

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Kujo.3678

Kujo.3678

Score and Map update

Attachments:

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

covenn.7165

Looks normal to me for a work day.

22/12 BG - SoR - TC

in WvW

Posted by: urzen.7096

urzen.7096

I have to say TC is doing a great job defending its keeps in TC BL. Tons of defensive seige, and if you leave them alone for a second, up goes a treb and takes down your tower walls. Its like clockwork. Not much on offense, but good defense.

Sanctum of Rall