4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

No-one is disputing that something had to be changed, that is not the issue, but like I have said before they have now just moved the problem to T7. It wasn’t fair on ET/FC so why is it fair on HoD/NSP?

Well you are right, but really only because now we and ANET have answers that we did not before moving us up…Meaning everyone in T7 was basically screaming that we wouldn’t belong in T7 and ironically we don’t, but for opposite reasons than what they claimed…I do see your point about moving the problem, but really given the situation they (ANET) allowed to be created, this is the lesser of the two evils…We have a totally new matchup to prove ourselves against, you guys got a new opponent, GoM got a totally new matchup, and ET/FC got a new opponent. Right, wrong, or indifferent: it did add some freshness to a stale match in T8 for those involved…The long and short of it is basically that: is it fair for T7 now with us here? Does not appear so, but unfair as it is, it is still more fair for us to be here than in T8….Hopefully you guys will put up more of a fight and make this worthwhile, or we will just stay here until glicko/anet decides to move us up again.

Like I said, we enjoy a fight, but in the end just like our middle and little brothers in T8 learned, we have to fight the people they put in front of us, and when many on our server never do anything but WvW…Well….

Mag Server Leader

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Message Body length must be less than 5001… Sorry for not quoting :P

No-one is disputing that something had to be changed, that is not the issue, but like I have said before they have now just moved the problem to T7. It wasn’t fair on ET/FC so why is it fair on HoD/NSP?

Again, kittening again and kittening again: There is no problem in T7 right now and nothing got transferred.
Which problem are you talking about?
At the current rate, SF will punch through T7 in 3-4 weeks. If you spend more time whining on the forums than actually playing, maybe 2 weeks already. If you man the kitten up, maybe 5 weeks. There is no freaking problem here, the point spread is small enough, so SF can get points just by beating the living daylight out of you without having to resort to camping your spawn or anything to make sure, you don’t even touch a single yak or they’d drop by 50 points just for not utterly decimating their opposition(or just for there still being any opposition left).
If you do not know the nature of the problem, T8 faced, do not bother crying about the problem being transferred to T7. It wasn’t.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Darkothe.1253

Darkothe.1253

Again, kittening again and kittening again: There is no problem in T7 right now and nothing got transferred.
At the current rate, SF will punch through T7 in 3-4 weeks. If you spend more time whining on the forums than actually playing, maybe 2 weeks already. If you man the kitten up, maybe 5 weeks. There is no freaking problem here, the point spread is small enough, so SF can get points just by beating the living daylight out of you without having to resort to camping your spawn or anything to make sure, you don’t even touch a single yak or they’d drop by 50 points just for not utterly decimating their opposition(or just for there still being any opposition left).
If you do not know the nature of the problem, T8 faced, do not bother crying about the problem being transferred to T7. It wasn’t.

“Me thinks the lady doth protest too much…”

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

Good points, also if you guys take anything away from this thread in terms of matchup parity, then take this:

There were times, now it wasn’t super often and didn’t stay that way (ET/FC had too much pride), but there were times when SF had every or everything minus a camp or two completely green….

Now let that sink in for a moment, I do not mean everything on EB green, I do not mean everything on EB and ET BL green….I mean EVERYTHING on all 4 maps completely or 99% green….

THAT is an unbalanced match, like Nap said, realistically what you guys are perceiving as a problem is LIGHT YEARS away from the problem referenced in T8.

Mag Server Leader

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Luke.8295

Luke.8295

Oh they didn’t “change” the system they “adjusted” it ah I see now!

I don’t think anyone for a minute was suggesting you move a guild from T1-6 into Tier 8, but moving SF up high enough to give them some competition is sure the right thing to do for all parties concerned, and move everyone else down one place.

Nothankyouverymuch. ANet did what they had to do to help the Glicko Ghetto and close the gap between T8 and T7. It’s a bandaid fix until they come up with a permanent solution to the entire ranking system. No further rating adjustments should be made unless another Glicko Ghetto issue is seen in one of the tiers. And sorry, T7 just doesn’t seem to be experiencing Glicko Ghetto right now. Now if we find ourselves stuck in this tier for an extended period of time and are winning by large margins for the majority of the time, then let’s talk.

To make further rating adjustments to just SF just because you’re unhappy we’re here is unfair to the other servers in the ladder and robs us of the opportunity to learn/grow as a server. The Glicko Ghetto is resolved (for now)…the rest of our rating progression should be on our own steam.

Didn’t you get bored of dominating underpopulated servers in T8? dont get me wrong I take nothing away from you guys you show up to WvW in force week in week out and that deserves respect but surely you would like some competition in terms of numbers? all Anet seem to have done is “moved the problem” it isn’t a fix of any sorts not even short term. SF are still in exactly the same position as before, but HoD and NSP are now in the position of ET and FC.

Yes, we did get bored dominating underpopulated servers in T8. Hence why we’re seeing a WvW resurgence on our server now that we’re in T7 and are seeing a LOT of names that we haven’t seen in a long time.

But you guys are by no means “underpopulated” and are nowhere near the position that ET and FC were when we were in T8. We were winning by 200K margins (on average) in that tier. That is not happening here. You guys are more of a challenge than pre-server transfer ET and FC and are FAR more populated. Also, and your ratings are not beaten so down into the dirt like ET and FC, so I hightly doubt your scores will be a huge rating drag for whoever ends up in the first place spot. This ain’t no Glicko Ghetto.

HoD had transfers open at the same time as ET & FC I have no doubt that NSP have similar numbers to us.

Its not happening here yet, and to anyone that says “do something about it” its a joke, there is nothing any amount of skill can do vs huge zergs in every BL. (ask your buddies ET&FC)

As I mentioned before Attack/defend 1 keep/tower and get faced by huge defense while 2-3 other towers/keeps are being zerged down. With the numbers HoD & NSP have we cannot be in 3 places at once. I’m bored of repeating myself, you know what i mean even if you do not chose to admit it.

I hope the system works and SF move up and out to servers that are of similar population to theirs. Why we need to “wait” for weeks to allow this to happen “naturally” is beyond me. However remember that T6 teams do not have to follow suit and if their ratings stay above yours in the “honeymoon period” of T7 you will end up in the exact same situation as T8, where week on week you dominate but your rating will become stagnant. (Flaws of the system) as HoD & NSP rating will decline down to nothing, thus just expanding the boundary of the ghetto to T7 as well.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Oh they didn’t “change” the system they “adjusted” it ah I see now!

I don’t think anyone for a minute was suggesting you move a guild from T1-6 into Tier 8, but moving SF up high enough to give them some competition is sure the right thing to do for all parties concerned, and move everyone else down one place.

Nothankyouverymuch. ANet did what they had to do to help the Glicko Ghetto and close the gap between T8 and T7. It’s a bandaid fix until they come up with a permanent solution to the entire ranking system. No further rating adjustments should be made unless another Glicko Ghetto issue is seen in one of the tiers. And sorry, T7 just doesn’t seem to be experiencing Glicko Ghetto right now. Now if we find ourselves stuck in this tier for an extended period of time and are winning by large margins for the majority of the time, then let’s talk.

To make further rating adjustments to just SF just because you’re unhappy we’re here is unfair to the other servers in the ladder and robs us of the opportunity to learn/grow as a server. The Glicko Ghetto is resolved (for now)…the rest of our rating progression should be on our own steam.

Didn’t you get bored of dominating underpopulated servers in T8? dont get me wrong I take nothing away from you guys you show up to WvW in force week in week out and that deserves respect but surely you would like some competition in terms of numbers? all Anet seem to have done is “moved the problem” it isn’t a fix of any sorts not even short term. SF are still in exactly the same position as before, but HoD and NSP are now in the position of ET and FC.

Yes, we did get bored dominating underpopulated servers in T8. Hence why we’re seeing a WvW resurgence on our server now that we’re in T7 and are seeing a LOT of names that we haven’t seen in a long time.

But you guys are by no means “underpopulated” and are nowhere near the position that ET and FC were when we were in T8. We were winning by 200K margins (on average) in that tier. That is not happening here. You guys are more of a challenge than pre-server transfer ET and FC and are FAR more populated. Also, and your ratings are not beaten so down into the dirt like ET and FC, so I hightly doubt your scores will be a huge rating drag for whoever ends up in the first place spot. This ain’t no Glicko Ghetto.

HoD had transfers open at the same time as ET & FC I have no doubt that NSP have similar numbers to us.

Its not happening here yet, and to anyone that says “do something about it” its a joke, there is nothing any amount of skill can do vs huge zergs in every BL. (ask your buddies ET&FC)

As I mentioned before Attack/defend 1 keep/tower and get faced by huge defense while 2-3 other towers/keeps are being zerged down. With the numbers HoD & NSP have we cannot be in 3 places at once. I’m bored of repeating myself, you know what i mean even if you do not chose to admit it.

I hope the system works and SF move up and out to servers that are of similar population to theirs. Why we need to “wait” for weeks to allow this to happen “naturally” is beyond me. However remember that T6 teams do not have to follow suit and if their ratings stay above yours in the “honeymoon period” of T7 you will end up in the exact same situation as T8, where week on week you dominate but your rating will become stagnant. (Flaws of the system) as HoD & NSP rating will decline down to nothing, thus just expanding the boundary of the ghetto to T7 as well.

I said it earlier, if you want to know, what a low pop server can do against a bigger one, ask the Yaks for advice. They must know.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: osif.8673

osif.8673

PAXA was going to join an intramural flag football league, but after complaining the other team used all 11 players isntead of the PAXA-approved 5, “threw the ball way too much”, and kept score…They decided to play GW2 instead.

Nah, intramural flag football you win something if you get 1st place. A prize. Terrible analogy.

Miller Time – 80 Sylvari Mesmer
Not Just A Goodtime – 80 Asura Warrior
[PAXA]

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

osif.8673

After further review, the call on the field stands…….NSP and HoD can now use the Norn Pink Guardian from PvP’s video as a full depiction of what SF teams will bring to the battlefield.
1. In a 10 minute fight switching to a second set of weapons never
2. Spamming 1 (we all knew that anyways)
3. Using buffs like (Empower) with one enemy left in a battle for the first time
4. Putting wall of reflection behind the front line of their team
5. Clicking on their abilities (with their mouse)
6. Spamming 1 (we all knew that anyways)
7. Forum explanations about how SF "works together and now has learned new skills as a server implemented by all on the battlefield
8. Finally, posting a video of 20 rolling maybe 10? Portal bombing and wiping half their own force, and the infamous “let’s all have fun” tag thrown out for everyone’s enjoyment.

SF has used a full time out with the challenge, 1st and 10 PAXA. (WHISTLE)

You forgot:

9. Spamming 1

[PAXA]

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Silk.8302

Silk.8302

After further review, the call on the field stands…….NSP and HoD can now use the Norn Pink Guardian from PvP’s video as a full depiction of what SF teams will bring to the battlefield.
3. Using buffs like (Empower) with one enemy left in a battle for the first time
7. Forum explanations about how SF "works together and now has learned new skills as a server implemented by all on the battlefield
8. Finally, posting a video of 20 rolling maybe 10? Portal bombing and wiping half their own force, and the infamous “let’s all have fun” tag thrown out for everyone’s enjoyment.

—->I didn’t watch the whole video, but did he need to switch, I mean did he burn all his CDs to the point where a weapon switch was warranted?
—> Again did he need to use other keys? I mean was he struggling to the extent that he failed cause he only used one skill?
—>Again I didnt watch the video, but did someone in his group need a heal? Did he need a heal? (Altruistic healing and all)
—>Maybe the front line pushed too far? Maybe he placed it poorly? Maybe god forbid he hit the wrong key.
—>Terribly form we all know you do not need a mouse to play this game, I am sure you even play without one since using one in no way aids gameplay.
—>See answer to point 2, unlike you I do not feel a need for redundancy.
—>Forum counters that claim WvW is best experienced in 5-man roaming groups that ignore the mechanics of the entire scoring system for the sake of “getting better”. When getting better is a somewhat moot point if one never intends on taking part in something in which applying that “getting better” would be useful. IE: Sure you have honed your skills, but only for the sake of honing skills….I can sharpen a pocket knife to a razor’s edge, but if I set it on my mantle and never use it??? What was the point of sharpening it in the first place? Oh yeah cause it was “fun”…
—>I am borderline offended by PVP’s neutral stance in these forums, but they are a fun bunch that keeps to themselves and I believe in live and let live…So for you to even question them on that point is really…sad…I mean truly, epic, sad….

I have tried to answer your points/questions in a serious manner, so maybe you can gleen some insight to our (SF not PVP guild) side of the discussion….Again I didnt really watch all of the video, maybe the guy is a terrible player….But in reality if I remember right he posted the video to show some footage of the action taking place, not to have someone who has provided no footage to critique his gameplay.

I wish I could post something more than neutral, I recently posted something along the lines of lets not blame a server as a whole for actions of some and got moderated. However PVP guild will not stoop the level of anyone that fully understands the situation but yet still comes on these forums to make fun of others.

I mean look mostly pvp guild are adults who understand this is a game, why do we play it?, to have fun. That is all, I didn’t even know that there could be this much hate, lol hell I was shocked at the person from PAXA hating on my buddy’s video WOW that was something.

It just goes to show when you are raged you do not give 2 kittens about what you are saying.

Alas thats what human beings do.

sorry there is no clicking there for you to comment on that point atleast. =)

Server|Fort Aspenwood
Guild|Players Killing Players[PVP]
IGN|Sammy Eli

(edited by Silk.8302)

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

osif.8673

AWW QQ little jscull.
Your being farmed and now your feelings are hurt. Its not by superior numbers that thats happening to you its because your skill level isnt where it needs to be to puy up any type of real fight.
The 2 t8 servers gave more fight than you guys. My guild LoD runs 3-5 man roaming groups non stop and for the last 2 days have farmed PAXA with somewhat ease with usually one or 2 less peeps.
You guys are like the kids that play wiffleball all day and then complain real baseball sucks because its above your skill lvl and you suck at it.
Im pretty sure ONLY little 5 man fights is not what anet had in mind for WvW try spvp.
If thats not for you then maybe this game isnt for you. Keep up the QQ though, we feed on your tears.

The lies that come out of your mouth make me smile.

[PAXA]

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Whisper Me.5710

Whisper Me.5710

Still studying for my Bachelor of Gaming in Glickology, but:

T7 is not T8 – you guys are not stuck here with SF for months. All servers in T7 have the ability to move up or down. In T8, the only way out is up and it was not possible due to the Glicko issues that have been discussed, ad nauseum.

T7 was too balanced and too far for T8 to reach for with the depressed scores of the ET/FC. From the posts here, none of the T7 servers were looking to advance or battle new opponents. This also contributed to the problem. If GoM, HoD and NSP love playing each other non-stop, it is still possible, but you all will have to choose to meet in T8.

The band-aids that A-Net used will make T7 reachable if another server wishes to move up because it is decreasing the gap that existed between the tiers.

I have enjoyed the battles here in T7. Last night at Umber was fun. NSP’s zerg coming in from Bravost trying to take it from us and HoD’s zerg arriving thru ogres at the same time. It was an epic 3-way fight. The clashes are in game are so much more fun than the one on the forums.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Good morning fellow warriors (or whatever you are :P ). How was everyone’s evening?

Anyone have a score update, please??

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: TaintCoffee.9357

TaintCoffee.9357

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA For those who want score updates, this is pretty good at keeping track of WvW matches.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

You forgot:

9. Spamming 1

Does it matter what their tactics are when they’re still winning.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: bigsal.7061

bigsal.7061

AWW QQ little jscull.
Your being farmed and now your feelings are hurt. Its not by superior numbers that thats happening to you its because your skill level isnt where it needs to be to puy up any type of real fight.
The 2 t8 servers gave more fight than you guys. My guild LoD runs 3-5 man roaming groups non stop and for the last 2 days have farmed PAXA with somewhat ease with usually one or 2 less peeps.
You guys are like the kids that play wiffleball all day and then complain real baseball sucks because its above your skill lvl and you suck at it.
Im pretty sure ONLY little 5 man fights is not what anet had in mind for WvW try spvp.
If thats not for you then maybe this game isnt for you. Keep up the QQ though, we feed on your tears.

2 things here sir bigsal, Daoc and WAR had huge maps with takeable keeps and capture points…Doesn’t mean the entirety of the population only knew how to run with 55 people on their hips because Mythic allowed for those 55 people to be smoked in 1 minute or less by a group of 8 guys who actually knew to (see the above) change weapons/use their entire line of abilities/where to put the right abilities at the right time. (Took a little more thought than pressing 1, putting up empower with no enemies left, and a wall of relfection where it cannot do it’s job of reflecting because its behind everyone).

Anet allows us to smoke 5, put 10 people in the downed state….Stomp 2, and have 8 return to life from a mosquito that someone breathed on and died. Yea, you’re right SF is a bunch of people willing to learn how to “play wvw the way it’s meant to be played”.

I’m gonna laugh this right to the hardcore trophy wall.

Awww, poor little jskull, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYNjL9_rCJc keep em flowing…..nom nom nom. Your tears feed the beast.

StaR-SF
Crazyhorse

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

osif.8673

I wish I could post something more than neutral, I recently posted something along the lines of lets not blame a server as a whole for actions of some and got moderated. However PVP guild will not stoop the level of anyone that fully understands the situation but yet still comes on these forums to make fun of others.

I mean look mostly pvp guild are adults who understand this is a game, why do we play it?, to have fun. That is all, I didn’t even know that there could be this much hate, lol hell I was shocked at the person from PAXA hating on my buddy’s video WOW that was something.

It just goes to show when you are raged you do not give 2 kittens about what you are saying.

You really don’t help your server’s argument by posting these videos in a thread where there are multiple people saying SF skilless zergs and are just winning by sheer numbers.

We don’t have any problem with what you are doing to have fun in the game, as just about everyone has stated multiple times. If you are casual (like you say) and log on after work to get some easy kills and PvD, and that’s fun to you, by all means you are more than right to do it. But you’re killing everyone’s argument who are trying to defend the skill of the zerg by posting these videos. Who knows? That thief could be the best thief ever. But there is no reason in the zerg to do anything other than spam 1 on the short bow with the occasional 2 and elite. I don’t see how that can feel “epic” like people are trying to describe it. That’s just a point of view I know we’ll agree to disagree on.

It doesn’t seem like SF players are gloating any more about their zergs, which is the reason why I comment on zerging, as it doesn’t merit any sort of gloating whatsoever.

[PAXA]

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

osif.8673

Awww, poor little jskull, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYNjL9_rCJc keep em flowing…..nom nom nom. Your tears feed the beast.

Nothing like a “QQ MOAR” post in response to a post that has no tears in it. Some trolls look like normal people, others look like the giant oafs depicted in fairy tales.

[PAXA]

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

osif.8673

You forgot:

9. Spamming 1

Does it matter what their tactics are when they’re still winning.

I was making a joke at my friend’s redundancy. But to answer your question I would need to ask for more information on your vague term of “winning” here.

[PAXA]

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: THE Dentist.5960

THE Dentist.5960

They are simply frustrated they couldn’t find ANY small group action coming from SF.

I will reiterate this sentiment.
Despite my multiple posts about boycotting this week, I’ve found it very hard to stay away from WvW (I’ve played -just- WvW for about eight hours this week)… but I’ve yet to have -any- encounter with SF that had less than twenty-five.

Like a post I said earlier – I imagine that a lot of your players have skill; but amidst all the zerging, I’ve yet to be able to confirm this. I’m not looking for a 5HoD vs 1SP fight – but when my group of twelve -only- runs into 25+, skill no longer becomes a factor. It’s all about numbers.

Again (and I’m doing this for all my posts, because I don’t want this to be taken in a bad light), I’m not saying your players aren’t skillful. I’m saying that, because of your numbers, I can’t tell if they are.

I agree with this completely. SF’s tactics of strength by numbers gets boring fast. I’ve played a lot this week, but I gotta say I had much more fun with the GoM, HoD match up. I’m not trying to say SF are bad players, only that their tactics are dull and lead to blob zerg stalemates. GoM and HoD have a more intellectual, strategic approach to WvW, sending off small groups of 5-8 to cap camps, create distractions, hunt yaks, cap NPC’s, etc. With GoM, NSP, & HoD when Hylek or Dredge were up it seemed imperative to grab them because every extra NPC player could be the difference in the smaller, more balanced clashes. Skill use and exact placement of siege seemed to matter much more. With SF, when I notice Hylek up I’m like, “Oh… guess we COULD go cap them although it won’t really matter much.” Plus 5 v 5 fights really allow you to sense a player’s psychological approach to combat. And I do have to say that HoD and GoM rarely camped our spawn points. They always allowed us the ability to defend our keeps. Fighting SF is like fighting a giant slug that lurks on your doorstep and eats your garbage. They are always there, always a massive zerg, always camping spawn. Plus, as this thread proves, I don’t like their general attitude on the forums. Too much bluster, bragging, and trash talk. I look forward to SF’s departure from our tier so we can get back to more balanced and enjoyable WvW.

Amen,

Anet should have just put SF in T1 and let them work their way down instead of ruining one of the most fun and balanced tiers in WvW.

That would however go against the system, anet created.
Matchups are decided by points. That can not change. However, giving SF +2k points does not change anything with the fundamental problem of T8. ET ans FC would still have 500 points and GOM would be trapped in the Glicko Ghetto, while IOJ would take the green spot in T7.
What do you want to accomplish by that?
There was no way to preserve your little T7 matchup either way besides messing with the system VERY badly. Fixing T8 would have dropped GOM either way.

Just fixing whats broken(FC’s and ET’s ridiculously low points in this case) and letting the system rearrange itself was the most logical thing to do.
And I am pretty sure, the bragging of you T7 guys about how SF would lose either way, motivated ANet into some “what if…” kind of thinking, so they just went ahead and kicked SF into T7 to see whether you guys can live up to your words.

Here is my biggest complaint with the scoring, you win the matchup AND you end up losing points, you finish last and you gain points depending on not getting beat that badly. No sense. Simple solution, winner of the tier moves up, loser goes down, 2nd place stays in 2nd place. This will undoubtedly lead to some rise and falls, but it gets rid of stale matchups and changes the motivation. You have something worth fighting for. You win you move up, you lose you go down. What is wrong with that solution? Sometimes the simplest solution is the best one. Oh yeah and rotate the colors once a week.

VoxL (NSP)
Doom Strykër [Warr] Doom Ryder [Ranger]
Doomku [Guard] Doom Wrack [Mez]

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: xxDARKMATTERxx.2930

xxDARKMATTERxx.2930

—->I didn’t watch the whole video, but did he need to switch, I mean did he burn all his CDs to the point where a weapon switch was warranted?
—> Again did he need to use other keys? I mean was he struggling to the extent that he failed cause he only used one skill?
—>Again I didnt watch the video, but did someone in his group need a heal? Did he need a heal? (Altruistic healing and all)
—>Maybe the front line pushed too far? Maybe he placed it poorly? Maybe god forbid he hit the wrong key.
—>Terribly form we all know you do not need a mouse to play this game, I am sure you even play without one since using one in no way aids gameplay.
—>See answer to point 2, unlike you I do not feel a need for redundancy.
—>Forum counters that claim WvW is best experienced in 5-man roaming groups that ignore the mechanics of the entire scoring system for the sake of “getting better”. When getting better is a somewhat moot point if one never intends on taking part in something in which applying that “getting better” would be useful. IE: Sure you have honed your skills, but only for the sake of honing skills….I can sharpen a pocket knife to a razor’s edge, but if I set it on my mantle and never use it??? What was the point of sharpening it in the first place? Oh yeah cause it was “fun”…
—>I am borderline offended by PVP’s neutral stance in these forums, but they are a fun bunch that keeps to themselves and I believe in live and let live…So for you to even question them on that point is really…sad…I mean truly, epic, sad….

I have tried to answer your points/questions in a serious manner, so maybe you can gleen some insight to our (SF not PVP guild) side of the discussion….Again I didnt really watch all of the video, maybe the guy is a terrible player….But in reality if I remember right he posted the video to show some footage of the action taking place, not to have someone who has provided no footage to critique his gameplay.

As the pink norn you all make out to be as some type of noob I feel like I shouldn’t have to explain the way I play. I click because I feel comfortable doing it and I’m horrible with the keyboard, this is something i’ve been going since the dark ages of mmos. There’s a reason we are wiping you and there are reasons I do what I do in my videos. PvP has remained neutral in these forums, we have nothing to prove to you people but we are tired of the harassment so we have issued a challenge to you all and like I said before, I will be there, up front against these challengers. Please feel free to post a video of your guild so that we may critique you as you have done to ours. It was not to brag but to prove a point, which obviously you didnt get. The more you bash, the stronger we become, not as a guild but as a server. You will see our numbers increase and we will continue to be on top of the scoreboard. Go crawl back into you sPvP caves so we can leave this immature tier. PvP is done with this forum and we wish you all the best of luck. We let our fights prove the point for us, not a QQ fest..
See you out on the battlefield.

Gildarts Killive (80 Guardian)
Server: Sorrows Furnace
Guild: [PvP] Players Killing Players

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Nothing like a “QQ MOAR” post in response to a post that has no tears in it. Some trolls look like normal people, others look like the giant oafs depicted in fairy tales.

Awwwww, but those oafs can be kinda cute!

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

osif.8673

Wow , how can you even call this fun? This is what I don’t get, HOW in the world is this playstyle fun and engaging.. You literally 90% of this video sat in one spot either popping Dagger Storm on CD or pressing 1 or 2 on your shortbow. 1 while randomly tabbing enemies, and #2 with just random placement anywhere. There was 5 seconds you ran around in circles pressing 1 with daggers out. I mean, you didn’t even ever bother to cast your heal spell.. You are literally mindlessly spamming 1 or 2 keys with no regard to any situational awareness or even your own well being.. I watched you go down 3 times while running around pressing 1 with your heal ready to use and not bothering to use it..

JUST WOW…… And you guys wonder why people are saying you have no skill? LOL please keep posting more vids of how bads play and think they are superior just because their numbers carry them..

I honestly don’t even know what to think after watching this, if this was me, I would have gotten so bored and stopped playing this game after 2 days…

I was thinking yesterday Silk could be the greatest troll ever and is posting these videos of his guildies purposefully acting bad by just spamming 1 and stuff. That would be genius. But unfortunately zergers do play this way. But props to the pvp guild if they are trolling the bajesus out of everyone.

[PAXA]

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Xaz.3841

Xaz.3841

What guild are you so I can show proper respect when I see a non zerger on SF?

I am unguilded, but thank you for the thought. Have a good one!

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Wow , how can you even call this fun? This is what I don’t get, HOW in the world is this playstyle fun and engaging.. You literally 90% of this video sat in one spot either popping Dagger Storm on CD or pressing 1 or 2 on your shortbow. 1 while randomly tabbing enemies, and #2 with just random placement anywhere. There was 5 seconds you ran around in circles pressing 1 with daggers out. I mean, you didn’t even ever bother to cast your heal spell.. You are literally mindlessly spamming 1 or 2 keys with no regard to any situational awareness or even your own well being.. I watched you go down 3 times while running around pressing 1 with your heal ready to use and not bothering to use it..

JUST WOW…… And you guys wonder why people are saying you have no skill? LOL please keep posting more vids of how bads play and think they are superior just because their numbers carry them..

I honestly don’t even know what to think after watching this, if this was me, I would have gotten so bored and stopped playing this game after 2 days…

LOL, so you are again basing an entire servers skill level on a single video. And you wonder why we do not take you seriously??

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

LOL, so you are again basing an entire servers skill level on a single video. And you wonder why we do not take you seriously??

Um no. I am bashing this guys skill level based on the video I just watched of him being hilariously bad? I am also extending that to the entire PVP guild based on the other video they posted + the players I’ve fought in skirmishes. Problem?

I don’t remember ever saying “The entire SF server is bad”, because I’ve met a few skilled and cool players on SF so far out there in the field.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Silk.8302

Hey I am sorry you guys are out of your comfort zone, it happens when a massive change is in play, but the tears are delicious. =) happy trolling.

Server|Fort Aspenwood
IGN|Sammy Eli

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Verras.5013

Verras.5013

We aren’t gloating, the point of the video posted was to show that you guys can put out the numbers as well. In Bay keep the numbers NSP put out were insane. There’s more complexity to the 1 skill than you would first think, look at your first skill on a thief’s shortbow and think long and hard and maybe when you think you found the answer and look back on this video, you will finally understand. Also, not every skill is suitable for every situation, why would I switch to dagger/dagger on a thief if everyone is at range? Why would I blink into them with my 5 skill? I’ve given enough hints.

What benefits could stacking in a ball give? Why didn’t he need to use heals? Hmmmm.. I got to stop helping.

PVP stood against a zerg much larger than ourselves and killed quite a few of them. Yet, we never came here accusing them of having no skill, just pressing 1 all the time. However, no matter how many times we say that we have some skill or tactics you look at our zerg and say no skill, just numbers. So, keep complaining about our numbers, if numbers are the only thing that’s beating you maybe it’s time to re-evaluate your tactics.

On a sidenote, I wake up to a +100 PPT what happened last night or early morning!?

King Verras ~ SF ~ Necromancer ~ [eXo] Guild
eXo taking credit for things we did not achieve.
eXo dying in outnumbered fights since May 2013.

(edited by Verras.5013)

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Um no. I am bashing this guys skill level based on the video I just watched of him being hilariously bad? I am also extending that to the entire PVP guild based on the other video they posted + the players I’ve fought in skirmishes. Problem?

I don’t remember ever saying “The entire SF server is bad”, because I’ve met a few skilled and cool players on SF so far out there in the field.

Sorry, I was assuming the bold section above was referencing SF as a whole. My bad, I hate when others assume and there I was doing the same thing.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

dank.3680

We aren’t gloating, the point of the video posted was to show that you guys can put out the numbers as well. In Bay keep the numbers NSP put out were insane. There’s more complexity to the 1 skill than you would first think, look at your first skill on a thief’s shortbow and think long and hard and maybe when you think you found the answer and look back on this video, you will finally understand. Also, not every skill is suitable for every situation, why would I switch to dagger/dagger on a thief if everyone is at range? Why would I blink into them with my 5 skill? I’ve given enough hints.

What benefits could stacking in a ball give? Why didn’t he need to use heals? Hmmmm.. I got to stop helping.

PVP stood against a zerg much larger than ourselves and killed quite a few of them. Yet, we never came here accusing them of having no skill, just pressing 1 all the time. However, no matter how many times we say that we have some skill or tactics you look at our zerg and say no skill, just numbers. So, keep complaining about our numbers, if numbers are the only thing that’s beating you maybe it’s time to re-evaluate your tactics.

On a sidenote, I wake up to a +100 PPT what happened last night or early morning!?

OMG there’s skill descriptions?!?!? Damage: xxx ok easy.. Number of Targets: 3 ???? What means this?!?! Combo Finisher: Physical Projectile (20% chance) omgosh now I am really confused?!? What is this Combo Finisher I don’t get it?

Please oh wise skill master teach me how to use my complex #1 skill…..

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Silk.8302

Hey PAXA/XOXO you guys have these vids where you are like killing twice your numbers even three times your numbers right? so let me bring 2 times your numbers and you can wipe us and claim victory how bout it buddy? and show how skilled you are.

Server|Fort Aspenwood
IGN|Sammy Eli

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

dank.3680

Hey PAXA/XOXO you guys have these vids where you are like killing twice your numbers even three times your numbers right? so let me bring 2 times your numbers and you can wipe us and claim victory how bout it buddy?

10v5 XOXO is down anytime we have the members online.. /W whoever you can get a hold of at the time and I’m sure we can figure something out.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: moutzaheadin.4029

moutzaheadin.4029

Silk , that video has to be a troll, there is no way a person would sit at the desk for 3-4 hours a night MASHING 11111112111112111112 and not be totally bored our of their mind. Then be insane enough to add music to it, upload it and post it for others to see.

I call troll , there isnt a person in the world this bad.

NSP | Obsessïon | XOXO

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Silk.8302

Awesome =) we will meet this evening after work, I know we have a commitment with MoB guild but that is a 20 v 20 which we are getting together slowly but 10 v 5 sure thing lol. But you cant come here afterwards and troll anymore about 2 v 1 or about anything actually is that a deal?

Server|Fort Aspenwood
IGN|Sammy Eli

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Silk , that video has to be a troll, there is no way a person would sit at the desk for 3-4 hours a night MASHING 11111112111112111112 and not be totally bored our of their mind. Then be insane enough to add music to it, upload it and post it for others to see.

I call troll , there isnt a person in the world this bad.

Maybe he was trying to hit ~ to switch weapons and kept hitting 1 on accident… .. . .

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

*sigh, more arguments about how unskilled we are.

Alrighty then… we’re ‘unskilled’, so what? Does that make you feel better about yourself?

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

moutzaheadin.4029

Awesome =) we will meet this evening after work, I know we have a commitment with MoB guild but that is a 20 v 20 which we are getting together slowly but 10 v 5 sure thing lol. But you cant come here afterwards and troll anymore about 2 v 1 or about anything actually is that a deal?

I normally don’t play in the evenings unless reset/fight club. well do this on Thursday night if you want your fraps’d 10 vrs 5.

NSP | Obsessïon | XOXO

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

dank.3680

Alrighty then… we’re ‘unskilled’, so what? Does that make you feel better about yourself?

No not really, it makes me sad at the state of GW2 actually…

@ Silk I like you already, and yes if you accommodate to our playstyle (stepping out of your comfort zone) win or lose, there will be a new respect. I’m excited because 10v5 is a challenge win or lose I will enjoy myself.

Also moutz really wants to be in the group and his first available evening (which evening is the best for most of us) is thursday.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

I am currently a member of the [PvP] guild from SF.
Contrary to what many believe, we had given up the “zerg” mentality right before we moved up a tier. I can tell you that after a number of tier 1 guilds transferred over to the opposing servers and face rolling us countless times, we had to step back and rethink on how we were doing things. We do not simply win by running head first into our opposing team and “swing” “swing” away, AoE anything and everything in sight. We learned from our mistakes going up against these tier 1 guilds and got stronger as a guild. We redid our builds, we held tactical practices, we even got stronger as a server. It’s not just a bunch of portal bombs as many of you think. We had major drama against other guilds on SF but when we moved up a tier, we put it all behind us and began working together. We do not bash other players on forums, we take all name calling and bashings with a grain of salt. We learn from our mistakes and continue to grow as a guild, as a server. We look foward to seeing you all in the battle field, friend or foe alike and hope you have as much fun in WvW as we do.

I would really like to have you guys crash NSP harder, so our commanders will know that it is them who are doing it wrong.

We all know that any profession besides thief and ele will die fast, so you know which ones you should focus right? Crash the “nsp pride” and they will become nothing to you.

Edit: Ignore the PAXA or OXOX trolls, dont waste your time on arguing in forum. Kill them in the field.

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

(edited by Ping.5739)

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: K U R O I T S U K I.4980

K U R O I T S U K I.4980

Wait… are we unskilled? Why nobody told me that were were playing against NPC then?

[LH]La Hermandad-Guild Leader
Kuroitsuki Lvl.80 Mesmer/La Biribiri Lvl.80 Elementalist
Sorrows Furnace SF (since Aug-25-12)

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Silk.8302

@ Silk I like you already, and yes if you accommodate to our playstyle (stepping out of your comfort zone) win or lose, there will be a new respect. I’m excited because 10v5 is a challenge win or lose I will enjoy myself.

Also moutz really wants to be in the group and his first available evening (which evening is the best for most of us) is thursday.

sure thing boss thursday friday tuesday what does it matter right, you want sPvP style on “WORLD vs WORLD”, I just want you guys to quit with all the crying.

Server|Fort Aspenwood
IGN|Sammy Eli

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

Congrats to that 3man KING group from HoD, you guys are hard little kittens to kill.

May i ask, which classes? I’m just wondering who of our guild was it! Cheers.

Oops, KING’s on SF, not HoD..my bad.

it was a mesmer, a guardian and a thief.. and I think an ele tagging along at times.

it was a bit hard to keep track of things, that mesmer is a clone factory.

You must be doing it wrong. “clone factory” lmbo, anyone who is experienced will know which one to attack.

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

Just for clarification my comment about “borderline offended” was tongue and cheek meaning at least you guys are taking the high road…I thought it was pretty cheesy of him to criticize the PVP guys approach (clicking etc), when the video was posted for people to see how the matchup looked not to be critiqued on personal preferences.

The fact that he watched the video and that is what he came up with to comment on just shows the mentality of the person….Elitist whose way is the only/right way…etc

I do not mind being the “bad guy” since that is how SF seems to always get painted..Used to it…BIG BAD SF gonna bring 500 mindless zerg to your front gate and dps it down, watcha gonna do when the SF monster runs wild on you!!!

Mag Server Leader

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

I do not mind being the “bad guy” since that is how SF seems to always get painted..Used to it…BIG BAD SF gonna bring 500 mindless zerg to your front gate and dps it down, watcha gonna do when the SF monster runs wild on you!!!

Just to clarify, I am not a monster. I am a meat popsicle. Carry on.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

moutzaheadin.4029

sure thing boss thursday friday tuesday what does it matter right, you want sPvP style on “WORLD vs WORLD”, I just want you guys to quit with all the crying.

Ok , since you want to be a tool about it. you get nothing. seeya out there BOSS..

NSP | Obsessïon | XOXO

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: xxDARKMATTERxx.2930

xxDARKMATTERxx.2930

I am currently a member of the [PvP] guild from SF.
Contrary to what many believe, we had given up the “zerg” mentality right before we moved up a tier. I can tell you that after a number of tier 1 guilds transferred over to the opposing servers and face rolling us countless times, we had to step back and rethink on how we were doing things. We do not simply win by running head first into our opposing team and “swing” “swing” away, AoE anything and everything in sight. We learned from our mistakes going up against these tier 1 guilds and got stronger as a guild. We redid our builds, we held tactical practices, we even got stronger as a server. It’s not just a bunch of portal bombs as many of you think. We had major drama against other guilds on SF but when we moved up a tier, we put it all behind us and began working together. We do not bash other players on forums, we take all name calling and bashings with a grain of salt. We learn from our mistakes and continue to grow as a guild, as a server. We look foward to seeing you all in the battle field, friend or foe alike and hope you have as much fun in WvW as we do.

I would really like to have you guys crash NSP harder, so our commanders will know that it is them who are doing it wrong.

We all know that any profession besides thief and ele will die fast, so you know which ones you should focus right? Crash the “nsp pride” and they will become nothing to you.

Edit: Ignore the PAXA or OXOX trolls, dont waste your time on arguing in forum. Kill them in the field.

Thank you.
For all those bashing on the guild and our videos, there’s a reason we have music over our TS. When we are out of this tier we will give you all a run down of us wiping you. the thief mashing 1 is actually helping out the guild more than as if he were using his utility skills. We have given away too much as it is with these videos. Funny how just mashing 1 has been taking most of you down and keeping us moving on to the next slaughter. Those who have been positive we thank you. Those of you who have been negative, well… it’s been fun

Gildarts Killive (80 Guardian)
Server: Sorrows Furnace
Guild: [PvP] Players Killing Players

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

So we’re figthing PVP this afternoon?
Do I have to be here?
I hate this… I think I have something to kill in Orr. Or maybe a door somewhere?

Nice vid Silk. My only complain is the low resolution rendering on my pretty mesmer while I was sending to your turtle formation loads of confusion ( Bay sequence, at right of your screen). I spent a lot of money to be this pretty. It’s just disheartening to appear like a monochromatic shadow you know </3

VoxL, NSPPT

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Naffy.1493

Naffy.1493

Sorry to interrupt this weeping kitten fest but just had to say great time last night vs. PVP on our borderlands. When we wiped you at Bay, I was standing in a pile of loot bags that would have made Scrooge McDuck jealous. Epic. I look forward to more of these clashes.

Tree Dink – Sylvari Guardian
Os of NSP

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: King A R T H U R.5412

King A R T H U R.5412

Thank you very much to the HoD guys that gave us a really good fight while we held the 2 keeps on their borderland for almost 24 hours. Our guild used 2 – 12 hour shifts in co-operation with the LH guild and others from SF to build both keeps up with way points. You guys did a great job of keeping pressure on us! We brought in even some new players to WvW and they were hooked. Keep up the good fight guys! It is an honor and pleasure to fight you.

Attachments:

Guild Leader of [KING]
King A R T H U R

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

Ok , since you want to be a tool about it. you get nothing. seeya out there BOSS..

Lol, and here is the epitomizing moment of definition for XOXO. Name calling and running away with an kitten kicking check that would have bounced anyway.

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Silk.8302

Really!, I am the tool? you have been bashing the SF server in the whole thread and you call me a tool for pointing out you want small fights in a WvW environment good show you magnificent beast you. =)

Server|Fort Aspenwood
IGN|Sammy Eli