9/11 Blacktide vs Desolation vs Vizunah Square

in WvW

Posted by: iiMulch.2138

iiMulch.2138

Had a very fun time in WvW today our guild decided to join Vizunha Borderland and we were the only players on the map. We owned nothing in the whole map now we own this much:

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

Is it better to settle for third? Because that’s what going to happen if we don’t get out sh…t together.

Strategically speaking, given the situation right now, it makes exactly zero sense for both Vizunah and Desolation to kill each other. If we were on Vulcan instead of Earth, you’d see both servers engaged in a total 2 vs 1 against BT to try and reduce them to sub-100 points per tick every time it’s realistically possible. The only moment when it starts making sense attacking each other is once you have mathematical certainty that even a perfect 2 vs 1 is not going to change the final result of the matchup.

Of course I fully realize that this is indeed Earth, and that people reach decisions mostly by emotional means rather than rational; that however doesn’t mean I have to commit the same mistake :P

Hopefully you’re not a stratege in your guild.

Vizu wants Deso and his US mercenaries with too big mouthes to be kicked out of this Tier, and the more humiliated they are, the best we feel.

If RUIN has shown us the minimum respect we (the only T1 serv since the beginning) deserved, maybe we would have considered this match differently. But this is not the case, so you’ll learn to be less arrogant next time you’ll fight with the bests.

And even if we didn’t dislike Deso for that, we’ve always made the same choice to stay in T1. Harass the weakest, don’t let him any chance to gain any points as often as possible. Because a 4k points gap can be filled very fast, and we don’t want to take any risk of being 3rd.

I just want to point out that you’re right. IRON don’t go in EB, from what I can tell it was sorted very early that IRON will take the BL and RUIN EB.

IRON put in a kitten hard shift every night to try and keep some semblance of dignity for our server.

They can always be found with at least one commander on, trying to rally the PUGs.

The unfortunate thing, and the thing that differentiates us from the other servers is our PUGs are horribly disorganised while both the other two servers have PUGs that listen and help out.

Ours just sort of do their own thing.

This is another effect of being arrogant and saying : “without us, this server would be nothing.”
On vizunah we don’t have any zerg guild. We don’t have a guild with more than 10 people on EB. We only have an alliance of 15 little guildes (and a lot more of tiny guilds without any links between them), and every leader of this alliance is humble, threat pug with a lot of respect, and that’s why we have quality pugs, because they know that if we win, it’s because of them mostly. Because they listen, because they take initiatives, because they scout, because they fight for each other until they fall asleep on their keyboard, they are the best.
This is why Vizunah deserves to be on T1, because we are the most involved players you’ll see on this game.

Don’t get me wrong. I kinda agree with both sides, but you have to understand that it’s kind of ironic to say “so you’ll learn to be less arrogant next time you’ll fight with the bests”. Saying that, especially like that, makes you look very, very arrogant, like the stereotype everyone has about the french…

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

in WvW

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

Or until VS stops focusing on you and you guys shape up and it turns into a proper game

No. BT would still win easily.
Even if e.g. Deso and VS do a perfect 2 vs 1 during 6 hours of prime time (let’s say 18-24) and push BT to zero points, they still gain only approx. 350 points/tick against BT (assuming the maps are evenly splitted 50/50 between them). Come the morning, BT is clocking at 550 points against the 50 of Deso and VS, so after approx. 4 hours you’ve already gained back the deficit and after that the lead you still have in the afternoon brings you to victory.

What such a tactic would do, however, is to keep the scores much closer, which would in turn keep the ratings of all 3 servers much closer. Right now T1 is the most unbalanced EU matchup save for the last tier.

[Edit] corrected the initial math which was off.

(edited by MagnusLL.8473)

in WvW

Posted by: Vroum.2906

Vroum.2906

The thing is just a few days ago what we could mostly read on this forum from Deso players (and not only RUIN) was their desire to kick us out of T1.

So you’ll understand that being ahead by just a few thousands points (and if i read you right you still have your night crew as they are just “resting”), we won’t stop fighting you to focus only BT.

In the meantime, we are learning a lot fighting BT as they have a good number of guilds with 20+ players and great team-play.
So don’t trust too much those saying we don’t fight them, because we love to.

Guardian | Warrior | Elementalist on Vizunah Square

(edited by Vroum.2906)

in WvW

Posted by: tita.6358

tita.6358

ask RG/CIR/XAoc if VS do not fight them. we have a ton of fun on BT bl with them
and for sure it will be even better in the coming days when we will focus less on Deso.

Tita the Sunless, Vizunah Night Rats
75/75 Arrow Cart Mastery
124K doors and counting

in WvW

Posted by: Akuma.7098

Akuma.7098

First of all, Deso wouldnt be at the top, although only for a one week, without Ruin. I dont care why they came here or why will they leave but give them credit for this. Iron and Ruin did carry this server to T1, and some bigger guilds helping a lot too. I am not saying that others didnt contribute, but you need some solid number of players to achieve something in W3.

Second Deso is nice server but we lack a backbone when things are not going our way. Our PvE base goes back to woods and without them we cant really compete. Not in T1. The W3 hardcore players stay but that is not enough, sadly.

Thirdly, it was french servers that effectively used nightcapping to gain bigger advantage and climb to a top. Thats why I dont really like you, although VS is really dedicated to W3 which I kinda unvoluntarily respect.

Fourth, what BT pulled was something amazing. I dont think any server can compete with them at this time at all. They have numbers and impressive tactics and coordination. And their time coverage is without competition. I think that russian guilds will get bored after while getting autowin every week and maybe they split to other server. Or something else will happen, because if they can achieve this performance on daily base, I dont see what could stop them, honestly.

GL HF see you on the battlefield.

in WvW

Posted by: Snort.3698

Snort.3698

good VS group in BT borderlands at mo.

Snorth Tufmudda – The UnNamed _ThUn.
Project Blacktide 24/7 http://tinyurl.com/a3unn9b

in WvW

Posted by: Joriel.1530

Joriel.1530

To Desolation, theres still hope.

Attachments:

i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz | GTX 780 | 8GB GSKILL RAM @ 1866mhz

in WvW

Posted by: Joriel.1530

Joriel.1530

[Nug] nice fight on dawn’s eyrie

i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz | GTX 780 | 8GB GSKILL RAM @ 1866mhz

in WvW

Posted by: iiMulch.2138

iiMulch.2138

Lol we just held up against blacktide zerg in dawns eyire. That was a good fight, they came through the wall took the tower we were still inside and took it back XD

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Taziir.7628

Taziir.7628

BobbybigBalls.3196

BTW the guy that runs the Bot program on blacktide, your treb was missing for 90 mins last night.

Bobby you might want to see this post from earlier:

omphin.1752

Hi Taziir, I came across some poor fella trying to fire the trebuchet, i built my own next to him and got it aimed and told him to get on mine and use it. The poor guy was not able to hit stuff and he must have been there for about 30 mins or more b4 i helped him. Then i jumped on his trebuchet and got it aimed correctly and we both took down your walls together.
Fair play to the guys that built the treb across from me and blind sighted me killing our 2 trebs. I just built another one then >.<
but yes i agree that its very annoying to get hit all the way from the garrison

Best fun in ages getting your trebs, I took part in that group and got in the initial shots. I was impressed we managed to succeed – high stakes, small chance of success, awesome even though the BT defending group punted me straight off the cliff for an enviromental falling death

in WvW

tita.6358

VS is testing the 150 men turtle on BT BL. and the 150 men lawnmover! hope you’re having fun too !

75/75 Arrow Cart Mastery
124K doors and counting

in WvW

Posted by: omphin.1752

omphin.1752

BobbybigBalls.3196

BTW the guy that runs the Bot program on blacktide, your treb was missing for 90 mins last night.

Bobby you might want to see this post from earlier:

omphin.1752

Hi Taziir, I came across some poor fella trying to fire the trebuchet, i built my own next to him and got it aimed and told him to get on mine and use it. The poor guy was not able to hit stuff and he must have been there for about 30 mins or more b4 i helped him. Then i jumped on his trebuchet and got it aimed correctly and we both took down your walls together.
Fair play to the guys that built the treb across from me and blind sighted me killing our 2 trebs. I just built another one then >.<
but yes i agree that its very annoying to get hit all the way from the garrison

Best fun in ages getting your trebs, I took part in that group and got in the initial shots. I was impressed we managed to succeed – high stakes, small chance of success, awesome even though the BT defending group punted me straight off the cliff for an enviromental falling death

Aye that was me on my mesmer that knocked you off the cliff and took advantage of the falling damage >.< your a guardian if im correct. Thats the thing about WvW that can be fun, little victories like you destroying my trebs and myself and a guildie taking revenge on yours.
Btw bobby there was no bot firing the the trebs, i just had to educate some random guy on where to aim. Fun times in WvW guys. Good job Taziir on destroying the trebs, i have since learned to keep an eye out and not to be so complacent

in WvW

Snort.3698

Great responce from VS zerg on Hills, very speedy

Awesome fights with Iron and some Ruin in BT Bay keep.

Very well played.

Very high standards all around.

Strangely our zone is undermanned. I had a warband made up of random THUN, DKR,HRSY, CIR and INT. Was very good fun.

http://i.imgur.com/Ltac7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1rKMX.jpg

The quue this evening was 5 mins too, rather short for T1

(edited by Snort.3698)

in WvW

Posted by: Wildman.9641

Wildman.9641

Go VS!! I am sure many on here are pulling for you.

in WvW

Posted by: Freki.9475

Freki.9475

Epic fights happen all around, but God of Random is trolling me :c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNCQ2inaghE

in WvW

Snort.3698

btw had a good one earlier.

We portled Desolations zerg just as they portaled us at Northern supply camp.

We just swapped places.

in WvW

Posted by: Taziir.7628

Taziir.7628

omphin.1752

Aye that was me on my mesmer that knocked you off the cliff and took advantage of the falling damage >.< your a guardian if im correct. Thats the thing about WvW that can be fun, little victories like you destroying my trebs and myself and a guildie taking revenge on yours.

Heh I was the oversized Charr engineer, probably trying to play a tougher game than I’m able to handle The guard was the commander, good head on him, handled the group with aplomb.

Btw bobby there was no bot firing the the trebs, i just had to educate some random guy on where to aim. Fun times in WvW guys. Good job Taziir on destroying the trebs, i have since learned to keep an eye out and not to be so complacent

Looking forward to it

in WvW

Posted by: Wothan.4673

Wothan.4673

@Snort, The UnNamed guild was the same guild that in War Karak Norn ?
If yes, you know if Moonlapse guild play on BT/GW2 also ?

Need to fight all this old name again

Nahtow – [SR] Soul Reapers
Jade Quarry

(edited by Wothan.4673)

in WvW

Posted by: Ianervan.3415

Ianervan.3415

It hurts to see so many outmanned borderlands. But enjoy while you can, soon the tide is rising again!

Unemployed people should not receive any social benefits if they are already working in an MMO.

in WvW

Posted by: KnightFire.2597

KnightFire.2597

OK to set the record straight RUIN is not going anywhere. Most of us have been running non stop for the last 3 weeks putting in 12-18 hour days. The majority decided to take the weekend off and relax.
There was no discussion about moving servers, RUIN is staying on Desolation.

Who have you been fighting in those 12-18 hours? The only real challenge was the first week you got into T1. Before that you had no opposition.
VS have been putting in alot of hours to stay in T1 almost since launch yet they continue to fight week in week out. Man up.

Says someone from a server that gave up on the Tuesday the week we smashed you. Too funny.

Dark Knightfire – Thief | Kal Knightfire – Warrior | Spoiler Knightfire – Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: zedtanga.6571

zedtanga.6571

If you are in RUIN you will know that the lack of a strong RUIN presence has nothing to do with “running from a challenge”.

Ruin is tired, its officers need a rest. The WvW game is not as fun as it used to be, and saving Desolation from defeat is not Ruin’s job.

It just shows you that Deso lacks the large, strong organised guilds it needs to pull its own weight. Ruin is not Desolation; the pugs need to step up.

LOL you need a rest? What your feet hurt?

From battle reports it sounds like ruin only had like 10 people playing today … maybe pugs should say.. ‘’Ruin step it up’, or log out so more pugs can get in.

Game is not fun now because your losing, you say?

This thread is so entertaining in so many ways. Not as entertaining as the score though.

‘’He once brought a knife to a gunfight… just to even the odds’’

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

Went into Blacktide and Desolation borderlands to get kill variety and events for daily, at around 2 am CET earlier.
Was quite funny, capped the control point in Blacktide, the on close to the northwest tower, and suddenly i see this huge group of VS heading down the zigzag.
And I’m just standing in the control point, still capping, thinking “Pleasedontseemee-pleasedontseeme!”
And then you had this little Asura split off from the group, and stops to look at me.
We just kinda stand there, looking at each other…. Then i /wave, and he runs off, i cap the point and get one of my events.

Thank you for letting me live, little Asura <3

Had a close call in Desolation borderlands as well, also against VS, but at least there was no risk of a zerg being called down on me, i attacked a cow close to a control point i’d capped before which had 1 person capping it back.
Completely blue map, suddenly, 1 red control point, made me lol a bit

in WvW

Posted by: Sacrx.6721

Sacrx.6721

Real Life last night so RG not out. I hope to see this 150 man Viz zerg tomorrow it will be my pleasure to “mow” you down. No 15-25 man guilds on viz that can do anything?. I know bring 60-80?. Cant win then?… bring everyone in zone!. I dunno why you being so chipper about bringing 150 guys around in blob.

Anyways i will cya later on tonight love you.

Red Guard – Ultimate Dominator World First 25/6/13
if carlsberg played Guardian.

in WvW

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

OK to set the record straight RUIN is not going anywhere. Most of us have been running non stop for the last 3 weeks putting in 12-18 hour days. The majority decided to take the weekend off and relax.
There was no discussion about moving servers, RUIN is staying on Desolation.

Who have you been fighting in those 12-18 hours? The only real challenge was the first week you got into T1. Before that you had no opposition.
VS have been putting in alot of hours to stay in T1 almost since launch yet they continue to fight week in week out. Man up.

Says someone from a server that gave up on the Tuesday the week we smashed you. Too funny.

We didn’t take part as we didn’t see how we would win or be able to do anything against your night crew. It also came at a point where we were tired of losing out to VS over and over. The funny thing is you come over here and run your mouth and when you actually have competition you ‘want to try other things’. What happened to this epic fight that you said you will give BT? It’s also funny how you mention the one time you beat us out of how many match ups?

So much more I want to say but I will definitely get banned. Enjoy your stay in EU, I’m going to head back to the matchup we are in, I think we actually have a night crew :/

RP enthusiast

in WvW

tita.6358

6AM

goodbye Ruin
our doors will miss you

Attachments:

75/75 Arrow Cart Mastery
124K doors and counting

in WvW

Posted by: Shin.2705

Shin.2705

OMG we finally managed to organize and get a real night crew ?

in WvW

Posted by: Syndic.4762

Syndic.4762

Good job vizunah, glad to see you seized the opportunity on the table.

[CIR]
Blacktide

in WvW

Posted by: Mjk.5146

Mjk.5146

For the last time…

VS had never a “Canadian roster” just old DaoC players very motivated by the release, call them “no lifers” “students” or “unemployed” if you have to find something to soothe your ego.
AS and VS couldn’t stand each others the “french servers united” is just another lie to pimp the RUIN’s pride. (Just google translate http://forums.jeuxonline.info/showthread.php?t=1200237 tons of taunts and trolls)
Basically Desolation with RUIN accomplished nothing, just heavy nightcapping without resistance and some brainless zerg with the worst individual gameplay I’ve ever seen so far.

Please Ruinolation, if you want to achieve something decent before leaving T1 just stay in a deep shameful silence.

Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: OReilly.9473

OReilly.9473

hey Wothan,

yes, The unnamed is the same guild as in warhammer / rift / … etc
about Moonlapse no idea if they are currently playing GW2 or where they play.

cheers,
Little Spankah ( ThUn Mesmer ), formerly Bloodb in warhammer / rift

“you don’t quit gaming because you grow old,
you grow old because you quit gaming.”
Oliver Wendell Holmes.

in WvW

Posted by: romsea.8539

romsea.8539

@mjk Yeah everyone in their right mind knows this already, no need to state it another time.

As for the “opportunity” of tonight, it has been a close call, as we have a lot of dedicated 3w player on hold right now, partly because of the 2 weeks we had and also because of the last 2 days lag spike.
I think the one that were in just stayed very late and quikly organized to our classical night moving zerg seeing there was something to be done.
Anyway, was a good night for us, reminds me of the good old days of PvD :’)

(edited by romsea.8539)

in WvW

Posted by: Anhellbro.7210

Anhellbro.7210

Vizunah server have worst individual gameplay I’ve ever seen so far… They all have only 1 stretegy Alt+F4 im played in this game from 25 august.. in total only 1 Vizunah server have more players who use ALT+f4 then all others what im see. 20-30 Players per day….

in WvW

Posted by: Anhellbro.7210

Anhellbro.7210

How 1 server can dominate in tier1…… so easely…

in WvW

Posted by: Same.4687

Same.4687

I haven’t run into a single person doing the ALT-F4 thing so far in this matchup. And I’m a roaming thief always alone, always outnumbered, always looking for a fight. I have already killed plenty of Vizu/Deso players (they also killed me don’t worry) but not a single one rage quit with ALT-F4.

I thought I saw a RUIN member do it but it was just a thief that blew all his stealth just before getting downed state and managed to heal himself and run the other way. While I was busy trying to kill some annoying mesmer.

I’m still having fun in WvW don’t care much for the points anymore considering it is kind of obvious that Blacktide took a commanding lead. I just want to run around and meet skilled players in WvW 1v1 1v2 or 1v3 combat and see if I can beat them. If I lose to a certain player and can’t figure it out I will even send them a /tell and talk to them asking their build and so on. Nice people on both Deso and Vizu.

A short shout out to the lowbie IRON mesmer on EB last night, I was the thief that capped your most eastern supply camp and defended it for a while vs you, a lowbie RUIN asura ranger and a lvl 80 (I think Human) thief. You kept coming back to defend that point at all costs even if it meant dying or simply trying to draw me out.

in WvW

Posted by: romsea.8539

romsea.8539

Thanks Same, no need to answer this one.
Some gotta love the 1 hour queue time thing, i guess

(edited by romsea.8539)

in WvW

Posted by: kranz.9546

kranz.9546

Vizunah and Desolation, please stop your cooperation against Blacktide. This is your last warning.

in WvW

Snort.3698

Hey mate , yes it is us the same guild. We played on Norn/Hirn.

I havent seen any Moonlapse that I am aware off.

in WvW

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Vizunah and Desolation, please stop your cooperation against Blacktide. This is your last warning.

On the contrary, please do cooperate, that might make the late week a bit more interesting.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in WvW

Snort.3698

I dont get all the criticisms.

I have found the fights but interesting an fun.

I would argue that both other teams are very good and Blacktide just has the edge in organisation.

in WvW

MagnusLL.8473

Or else? You keep crushing us like you’re already doing anyway? :p

I dont get all the criticisms.

I have found the fights but interesting an fun.

I would argue that both other teams are very good and Blacktide just has the edge in organisation.

In numbers. Please let’s recognize the game for what it is.
Don’t get me wrong, you can certainly get the most out of those numbers, but so could VS or Deso if those numbers were there in the first place.

Speaking of which…. interesting to see how as soon as Ruin and BT nightshift take a break VS instantly becomes king of nightcap again. Still claiming there’s only 30 players at night from VS?

in WvW

Posted by: Radamanth.9048

Radamanth.9048

so

deso dead server concerning W3 now?

no morning, no early afternoon, no night coverage …

in WvW

MagnusLL.8473

so

deso dead server concerning W3 now?

no morning, no early afternoon, no night coverage …

No morning and no early afternoon have always been there, so that’s nothing new.
No night coverage depends on if and when Ruin comes back in force.

You do, however, realize the irony of calling a T1 server “dead server concerning W3”.

in WvW

Posted by: Radamanth.9048

Radamanth.9048

things like that tend to develop their own downwards spiral very fast.

easy server transfers, bad mood (already people start kittening at each other bout whos fault this loss is), motivation dwindling …

we’ve seen it before, I hope after this week we can get our act together again.

but lets face it: without ruin we are no tier 1 material.

in WvW

Posted by: RomWar.8075

RomWar.8075

Speaking of which…. interesting to see how as soon as Ruin and BT nightshift take a break VS instantly becomes king of nightcap again. Still claiming there’s only 30 players at night from VS?

you seems to be surprised but there is only 3 server and no one else can claim if BT and DESO get tired. no need to be a hundred to PvW !

in WvW

MagnusLL.8473

you seems to be surprised but there is only 3 server and no one else can claim if BT and DESO get tired. no need to be a hundred to PvW !

I was there at 2AM tonight. VS had enough to outnumber the part of Iron force still playing on BT borderland, while also having enough to own more than 1/3 of the EB map and completely cap the other 2 borderlands.

You have far more than 30 players who can play every night Or at least that has been my experience every time I could afford to play with VS during the wee hours.

in WvW

MagnusLL.8473

but lets face it: without ruin we are no tier 1 material.

And without morning Russians BT is no T1 material. And without their own nightforce VS is no T1 material. There’s no shame in that.

Let me repeat one more time: with the way the current system is setup, final scoring is directly proportional to the number of man hours a server can put into the match.

During prime time, the amount of man hours is capped at 666/hour so no server can gain an advantage over the others in this regard.
What does this leave as the only possibility to gain a significant score advantage?

in WvW

Posted by: GorgeousDave.9608

GorgeousDave.9608

Jesus H, some people take this all way too seriously. All that “you’ll show us the respect we deserve” spiel makes me cringe hard.

As Magnus says, if BT/VS can put the most man hours in they’re likely to rack up the most points consistently, and fair play to them! Add to the fact they are well organised and it’s no surprise.

I’m a majorly casual player and get a couple of hours a night if i’m lucky but even encountering these “turtles” (which is cool enough organisation-wise, not skill-wise imo) the w3 game is always fun for me (A desolation player) every time I log on. I was part of the deso group last night that knocked BT straight back after they’d trebuchet’d our wall from about a million miles away then zerged in, they may be winning and will probably continue to do so, but I don’t see an individual-player skill difference at all.

Anyway TLDR. All this trying-too-hard-macho “show us respect” rivalry is just cringey. Deso/VS/BT is still hella fun for me, hopefully people won’t move servers due to the score…it’s just a game. A kitten*ing fun one at that

in WvW

Posted by: lepri.6504

lepri.6504

The server claims to have better skilled players is the one who need ego nerf. Good players are everywhere, you can come across to them in any server not just high tiers. Individual player skill is irrelevant in these conditions of wvw. What matters are dedication and organization. BT is winning with quite high lead because noone expected us to be organized like this. Also, VS and BT had not meet eachother before. I am guessing, next week will be more fierce and more close in points.

Blacktide>>Yafes>>Asura Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: Cunnart.6519

Cunnart.6519

It is a shame to see such large turtle groups but until Anet chooses t omake it an invalid tactic it is a valid and smart one.

ThUn-Black Tide EU
An american abroad.

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

Blacktide gathered some of the best guilds in EU on the server (Some, i say, not all, there are plenty of awesome guilds which are not on our server) who work together very well.
Vizunah Square is an old champion who has had plenty of time to get better and better and flesh out their cooperation on the server to make sure they Stay the champion.
Desolation was smart enough to get help from overseas, and has some very good guilds on the server too.

It might be a numbers game, but without skill and cooperation between those numbers, its not going to work out.