EOTM Factions > WvW Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Those weren’t all eotm, but you can keep thinking you actually know more than I on how to help wvw…

Most WvW vets have never gotten ANY levels from EoTM.

Please show my your list of wvw fixes that address population imbalances?

Anet started to do this with the full cap on servers. Sadly people aren’t patient enough to see the benefit.

Day and night capping ppt balancing that’s fair for all effort put into their timeframes?

Who said WvW was supposed to be fair?

What are your reward systems?

I’d be happy with zero rewards in WvW. Most people who WvW don’t do it for the rewards or they’d have left three years ago.

How are you going to make sure populations numbers are up consistently at any time of day?

Who needs that?

You? Ok. Not everyone feels the same way.

I don’t care if I fight outmanned or not.

Oh there we go, I’m being leet again….

What is your structure for running tournaments consistently to generate a sense of competitiveness and keep up momentum?

Keep the server caps on. Don’t stand down from them. Force the playerbase to spread out if they won’t do it willingly. EU doesn’t have these problems. This issue is player-created.

How are you going to attract new players into wvw and keep them playing?

By building a strong community that not only is friendly to new players, but takes the time out to teach. Most strong community servers do this. I guess you haven’t stuck around in WvW long enough to discover this.

And given the info gleaned in this thread, I think I’m done responding .. it feels like he’s trolling now. No point making him fat. I will say that if it’s discovered that he is an Anet employee, I’ll be very very disappointed.

I’m sure I could look at your post history too and see the same tired old suggestions that do nothing for this game besides keep it in the same neglected and boring loop. Flex on oh knowledgeable ones, let us hear what your brain can summon to save your dying game mode…

You just typed out ZERO solutions to any of the main wvw problems. Not one system change in your post that serves as the foundation to build up and maintain the wvw community across ALL servers and resolves any complaints that have popped up for 3 years. ZERO.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

You just typed out ZERO solutions to any of the main wvw problems. Not one system change in your post that serves as the foundation to build up and maintain the wvw community across ALL servers and resolves any complaints that have popped up for 3 years. ZERO.

And your SINGLE suggestion would destroy WvW entirely and turn it into a big pve karma train map, indistinguishable from any pve map in GW2.

You may have sold your “vision” as the new Devon Carver to your superiors, but I hope to God they read the feedback here.

If you spent any significant time in WvW, you’d realize that it already had a loyal and dense following, regardless of complaints on the forum.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

What the hell is up with sudden influx of people with no real experience or legitimate qualifications coming in and trying to brow beat everyone into abandoning their home servers. Then acting extremely rude, condescending and entirely dishonest when they’re called out on their complete lack of knowledge of the subject matter?

To say this whole thing feels shady as hell is an understatement…..

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Most wvwers PVE according to the devs btw, and most of you “die hards” suggest nothing substantial to improve wvw. I’ve looked at these forums for 3 years and it’s the same old same old posts from most of you.

The devs just commented on ppt stuff with relation to day and night, I skimmed by it, but you are saying well who cares… It’s obviously something to look at, but you peeps don’t devote enough thought on real solutions so the devs run blind most of the time…

If you “leet” veterans are so good and knowledgable, why is wvw dying as we speak? Answer that. YOU peeps failed to provide the right direction to the devs and that’s very clear. Even way before these maps, some wvw servers were dying, but where were your suggestions that filled them and keep them competitive?

It’s funny but for the longest time matches and rankings were predictable, how did you all suggest to fix that? Answer is… you didn’t provide any real answers for the devs to chew on and implement. By all mean, though, keep doing nothing to improve wvw and flex your “wvw only” rank numbers like it will fix the problems… Most of you alienate new players too on these boards with your “leet” attitudes, so how is that wvw community building for ya?

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

What the hell is up with sudden influx of people with no real experience or legitimate qualifications coming in and trying to brow beat everyone into abandoning their home servers. Then acting extremely rude, condescending and entirely dishonest when they’re called out on their complete lack of knowledge of the subject matter?

Reset night and waiting for it to flip over!

I think it should be a chose to play EotM and fight for no home world OR you do not play EotM and only play with wvw bl/eb. Some ppl just want to play pvp with a lot of ppl not to fight for a home world at the same time some ppl want to just fight for a home world and not realy fight random ppl.

I look at it like this if WvW was just one map but we had more worlds or sub worlds wvw would have fights most of the time and much less empetlyness or even off times.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Perhaps you should spent more time reading and less time commenting so you understand the big picture.

You could also focus more on the topic at hand as opposed to me, but feel free to post how you want while wvw is bleeding dry…

in WvW

Swagger.1459

And your SINGLE suggestion would destroy WvW entirely and turn it into a big pve karma train map, indistinguishable from any pve map in GW2.

You may have sold your “vision” as the new Devon Carver to your superiors, but I hope to God they read the feedback here.

If you spent any significant time in WvW, you’d realize that it already had a loyal and dense following, regardless of complaints on the forum.

Where are your suggestions? Surely you can come up with better solutions than I, but I haven’t seen anyting from you besides commenting on my posts.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Do you know any solutions to fix wvw?

in WvW

Phantom.8130

If you “leet” veterans are so good and knowledgable, why is wvw dying as we speak? Answer that. YOU peeps failed to provide the right direction to the devs and that’s very clear. Even way before these maps, some wvw servers were dying, but where were your suggestions that filled them and keep them competitive?

It’s funny but for the longest time matches and rankings were predictable, how did you all suggest to fix that? Answer is… you didn’t provide any real answers for the devs to chew on and implement. By all mean, though, keep doing nothing to improve wvw and flex your “wvw only” rank numbers like it will fix the problems… Most of you alienate new players too on these boards with your “leet” attitudes, so how is that wvw community building for ya?

3 years of bad decisions made by people who have no clue what they’re dealing with. Not only did they NOT make use of the suggestions given, even when they were given with frickin’ pictures, they actually did the exact opposite of what was suggested in most cases. They neglected countless bug reports, hackers, exploits and other technical issues, and most people gave up hope on them ever actually doing anything positive for WvW years ago.

By all means, though, keep displaying your complete ignorance of the situation and Narcissistic Personality Disorder. That’ll certainly fix everything.

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

@Swagger

New WvW = Megaserver based…aka EotM
and
Classic WvW = Server based

New Coke & Classic Coke.

You’re for New Coke.

I’m for Classic Coke.

Would you stop trying to change Classic Coke into New Coke.

Have some respect & enjoy New Coke by yourself.

2 Different products…let’s both enjoy it separately.

in WvW

Posted by: Kungsmurfen.2861

Kungsmurfen.2861

Wvw might have some problems but I don’t think an eotm setup would solve any of my issues with wvw..

Underworld – [ZERK]

in WvW

Posted by: Schtizzel.5497

Schtizzel.5497

Not everybody speaks the same language in EU, so just quit with this bullkitten and move on to better systems trying to fix WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Do you know any solutions to fix wvw?

I’ve offered plenty of solutions over the years. One of my threads turned into a 30ish page discussion where people that actually play WvW discussed the population issue and proposed multiple solutions that didn’t involve destroying WvW and turning it into eotm.

Forgive me if I don’t feel like summarizing 3 years worth of ideas for some bored PvE player that probably won’t even be here next week.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

I like this idea A LOT and have tried to be vocal about it recent weeks. But there are a lot of challanges that go along with this.

What if they took this new desert maps and made EotM as large as those maps. but kept the same gernal principle

lets not. the new desert maps are too big. eotm is already massive.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Forgive me if I don’t feel like summarizing 3 years worth of ideas

Anet has had a ton of input since launch.

Though I think part of the problem may be their most devoted haven’t been allowed to post here for a long, long time. I know most of the T1na guild leaders have been banned since Feb. 2013 xD

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Forgive me if I don’t feel like summarizing 3 years worth of ideas

Anet has had a ton of input since launch.

Though I think part of the problem may be their most devoted haven’t been allowed to post here for a long, long time. I know most of the T1na guild leaders have been banned since Feb. 2013 xD

I have to swap which account I post from every few months. That 10 minute flood control is a kitten.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

I have to swap which account I post from every few months. That 10 minute flood control is a kitten.

Some ppl on our server thinks that if you have zero Infractions you’re not active on the forums and if you were never suspended(banned) you didn’t really tried to help wvw yet

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

It’s funny to see some of you rally for less fights and loot… With megaserver, you’ll always have high participation rates, more battles, more defenders, more scouts, more coverage, more rewards, more xp, more fun…

You peeps don’t really think beyond the current failing systems at all… It’s a shame.

You will lose your defenders, you will lose your scouts, when there’s no team framework to work with. You need to have a reliable team that’s on the SAME map every day in order for that to function.

Without it, it’s just a big blob fight. Like pve maps.

+1000. Nothing to add on this.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Not everybody speaks the same language in EU, so just quit with this bullkitten and move on to better systems trying to fix WvW.

With all the talk about this alliance crap I feared it was coming until you mentioned this. How exactly would this so called alliance work for EU? I don’t think I’d want to alliance with people that didn’t speak the same language as me. How would I know where to go if I don’t understand what they are saying? lol

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Well EoTM exists in EU.

I’ve never played it, and I suspect most national servers avoid it. But if forced? Yeah there will be a lot of fights in map chat.

in WvW

briggah.7910

Well EoTM exists in EU.

I’ve never played it, and I suspect most national servers avoid it. But if forced? Yeah there will be a lot of fights in map chat.

Ahh yea when I think of wvw I don’t even think about EoTM so it didn’t even dawn on me that they do have EoTM in EU lol I just don’t see it workign very well since that one person mentioned the language difference.

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

Posted by: Moosington.3816

Moosington.3816

I don’t like how transient the EoTM system is and definitely like server pride, but we have a serious population issue. What about more permanent WvW server merges instead? Combine a T2 server with a few lower tier servers to balance out population. There’s 8 tiers now right? Maybe shrink it down to 5. WvW is the only thing your server really matters for now anyways, so merging them would make sense.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

It’s funny to see some of you rally for less fights and loot… With megaserver, you’ll always have high participation rates, more battles, more defenders, more scouts, more coverage, more rewards, more xp, more fun…

You peeps don’t really think beyond the current failing systems at all… It’s a shame.

You will lose your defenders, you will lose your scouts, when there’s no team framework to work with. You need to have a reliable team that’s on the SAME map every day in order for that to function.

I’m not sure you peeps really take the time to think before you post…

Please explain to me how on a megaserver side with more people you would…

“Lose defenders”?

“Lose scouts”?

“Lose team framework”?

More people means more roles filled, am I right or am I wrong?

Do you all know what team speak is? Isn’t it possible to get your megaserver side coordinated through voice communication and map chat?

Getting on the same map is possible and the devs keep working on squad and guild functions. They are continuously developing systems for this stuff and looking at pushing up population caps for maps, but most of you aren’t even paying attention to things that have and are happening right under your noses.

Edit- I would also like to remind you peeps that there are 4 wvw maps that all count toward objectives. Individually and collectively there is a lot of room already on these maps, but again, the devs will look into things.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Swagger.1459

I don’t like how transient the EoTM system is and definitely like server pride, but we have a serious population issue. What about more permanent WvW server merges instead? Combine a T2 server with a few lower tier servers to balance out population. There’s 8 tiers now right? Maybe shrink it down to 5. WvW is the only thing your server really matters for now anyways, so merging them would make sense.

Well, I’m 99% sure megaservers are coming so everybody will have to put away their server pride for the greater good and future health of wvw.

in WvW

briggah.7910

“Lose defenders”?

“Lose scouts”?

“Lose team framework”?

Do you all know what team speak is? Isn’t it possible to get your megaserver side coordinated through voice communication and map chat?

Getting on the same map is possible and the devs keep working on squad and guild functions. They are continuously developing systems for this stuff and looking at pushing up population caps for maps, but most of you aren’t even paying attention to things that have and are happening right under your noses.

Does anyone defend in EoTM? Does anyone scout in EoTM? The only teamwork in EoTM is sticking to the tag. If you die in EoTM you sit at spawn and ask when the commander is going to wp back so you can re-join the k-train..

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

briggah.7910

Well, I’m 99% sure megaservers are coming so everybody will have to put away their server pride for the greater good and future health of wvw.

I’m 99% sure you are the dev working on this but you do not want to post as red to make it official because that will cause the forums to go into a rage over this POS idea for a fix.

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

Swagger.1459

“Lose defenders”?

“Lose scouts”?

“Lose team framework”?

Does anyone defend in EoTM? Does anyone scout in EoTM? The only teamwork in EoTM is sticking to the tag. If you die in EoTM you sit at spawn and ask when the commander is going to wp back so you can re-join the k-train..

Does eotm count toward wvw PPT?

Did eotm count in the tournament we had last year?

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Phantom.8130

“Lose defenders”?

“Lose scouts”?

“Lose team framework”?

Dude, just…. just stop. You’re embarrassing yourself now. I’m not saying this to be a jerk. I’m not saying this to troll you. You’re putting your ignorance on display, and are in danger of becoming a joke at this point. If you honestly think that an arbitrary, artificial, and deeply flawed scoring system is the reason defenders defend, then you need to spend less time in EotM and more time getting involved in your server’s WvW community. And if you think that defenders defend because of shinies, or because of some artificial reward in an abitrary tournament where the winners were decided before it even started, then you need to spend less time in EotM and more time getting involved in your server’s WvW community. You have NO idea what it’s all about. You really should learn before you deem yourself fit to argue about what’s best for it.

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

I’m 99% sure you are the dev working on this but you do not want to post as red to make it official because that will cause the forums to go into a rage over this POS idea for a fix.

And I am 90% sure he is some kind of troll with an agenda. I just haven’t decided which kind yet, someone looking to foment the world pride crowd or the rumor spreading type. No one other than troll responds to their thread so kitten much with so many kitten quotes.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Jayne.9251

It was this post that kind of clued me into that. Inside joke kind of thing. Sadly, it appears, the joke is on us.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/New-wvw-predictions/first#post5791557

Best review that thread to see what other junk he’s pitching so that all us “peeps” are prepared.

in WvW

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

“Lose defenders”?

“Lose scouts”?

“Lose team framework”?

Edit- I would also like to remind you peeps that there are 4 wvw maps that all count toward objectives. Individually and collectively there is a lot of room already on these maps, but again, the devs will look into things.

Team Speak is usually a community effort. People donate to make sure the whole server can use it. Now, even if is a free program, please who is going to put the effort make sure people join the voice chat with a bunch of randoms every single time? Who is going to administrate it?

What’s the point of defending something which has no association? Oh yay green.. who is green? Who is by my side? Who is fighting with me? Who am I fighting? I prefer to know my “comrades and enemies”, gives a touch to the whole scene.

Similarly I see no point to scout or roam. I sure won’t do it for a bunch of randoms against another bunch of randoms which the score will be completely meaningless for me. I won’t care if green/blue/red wins but might pity the ones who gets red..sometimes even blue because we can see how well EoTM is balanced!

If I want fights only play GvG with my guild, if want fights and cooperate with my server I go roam/scout/defend; if I want a small organized conquest, play TPvP.

There are mega servers for PvE, PvP and EoTM already, so leave WvW alone.

You said no one gives suggestions but we have been doing this for 3 years through countless threads and even the CDI, which Anet ignored most of it and the ones they abide, grossly changed for their own view of what should be by implementing stuff that have been severely annoying and bleeding players.

We asked for server based cities – no answer from Anet;

We asked to remove or change the cost of upgrades for karma as it was the initial intention – Anet abides but put an automate system which hardly anyone asked for and now there is an uproar saying this has been killing WvW;

Players beta tested Desert Borderland and gave lots of suggestions including what they thought players would dislike – Anet ignored and implemented it anyway

Suggestions about the outmaned buff was made, not to empower but just to give a slight incentive – Ignored

Suggestions about server loyalty with unique skins and tokens to be traded for shinies or wvw tools – Ignored

Suggestions about how to reduce siege creep, specially golems, to reduce the cap and damage to incentive more fights – Anet releases masteries making them even more stronger, the last straw was golem;

Players suggested more tools for commander tags, including different colors – Anet releases 3 more colors at the price of 100g each. Community protested they went back and changed it for account bound tag with all available colors for 300g.

Leaderborder: winner go up, loser go down for more match variety. Some agree, others don’t – Nothing from Anet so far

Those are only a few I remember from top of my head. This forum has lots of good suggestions, including Jimmy’s thread which even a dev participated at some point then disappeared.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

(edited by azyume.6321)

in WvW

Swagger.1459

“Lose defenders”?

“Lose scouts”?

“Lose team framework”?

Dude, just…. just stop. You’re embarrassing yourself now. I’m not saying this to be a jerk. I’m not saying this to troll you. You’re putting your ignorance on display, and are in danger of becoming a joke at this point. If you honestly think that an arbitrary, artificial, and deeply flawed scoring system is the reason defenders defend, then you need to spend less time in EotM and more time getting involved in your server’s WvW community. And if you think that defenders defend because of shinies, or because of some artificial reward in an abitrary tournament where the winners were decided before it even started, then you need to spend less time in EotM and more time getting involved in your server’s WvW community. You have NO idea what it’s all about. You really should learn before you deem yourself fit to argue about what’s best for it.

Ignorance?

You just compared the coordination required to achieve ppt numbers to eotm that doesn’t count for anything ppt related.

Eotm does not require the coordinator required that wvw does…

You don’t think that a megaserver wvw will be completely different than eotm?

Use your critical thinking more before you use the word ignorance. You just completely embarrassed yourself with these comments and provided nothing constructive in your last two posts.

Edit- and you couldn’t even answer the questions I asked and used some rational thoughts…

Edit 2- judging by your comments, it only reaffirms some of my earlier statements in this thread. You consider yourself a more experienced and knowledgable vet about wvw yet I’m the one who understands more than you.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Only good reason defend is kitten enemy off. That’s why EotM is best place to defend.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

“Lose defenders”?

“Lose scouts”?

“Lose team framework”?

Ignorance?

You just compared the coordination required to achieve ppt numbers to eotm that doesn’t count for anything ppt related.

Use your critical thinking more before you use the word ignorance. You just completely embarrassed yourself with these comments and provided nothing constructive in your last two posts.

Edit- and you couldn’t even answer the questions I asked and used some rational thoughts…

Edit 2- judging by your comments, it only reaffirms some of my earlier statements in this thread.

Wait, there is no score in EotM now?

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in WvW

Swagger.1459

“Lose defenders”?

“Lose scouts”?

“Lose team framework”?

Ignorance?

Edit 2- judging by your comments, it only reaffirms some of my earlier statements in this thread.

I clarified already. Eotm numbers have nothing to do with wvw ppt or tournament ppt. Please read so we are not wasting time and forum space…

in WvW

Phantom.8130

“Lose defenders”?

“Lose scouts”?

“Lose team framework”?

Ignorance?

Edit 2- judging by your comments, it only reaffirms some of my earlier statements in this thread. You consider yourself a more experienced and knowledgable vet about wvw yet I’m the one who understands more than you.

Well, I tried to warn you. By all means, continue your meltdown. You clearly have nothing other than arrogance and bluster. I AM a more experienced and knowledgeable vet than you. You understand nothing about it. You understand EotM. That’s all.

But, just to make things crystal clear for you, in no uncertain terms. Defenders defend due to server pride. Yes. Server pride. The PPT scoring system is hideously flawed, and the vast majority of matches were decided before they ever began. Everyone knew who was going to come in 1st, 2nd and 3rd, in every tier, ever week. When the scores no longer matter, winning and losing is irrelevant. However, people still scout, people still sentry, and people still do all those little chores that never get done on EotM. If you ever actually ask them why they do it, most say that they do it because it helps their server. Server Pride.

If you remove servers, there’s nothing to be proud of. Everyone loses that identity, and there’s no reason for people to do any of those chores anymore. Not when you’re no longer helping people you know. There’s no sense of community left. Random bodies all standing at the same place like what happens in PvE is NOT community. It isn’t even social. It’s about as much of a community as as NY subway. It’s a bunch of complete strangers who all happen to be going in the same direction. There’s NO sense of loyalty there. There’s no reason to sacrifice your time for a bunch of random people that you probably won’t ever see again.

And I have been using critical thinking. I’ve also been using my wealth of experience at every level and ever job in WvW and my deep ties to my server’s community. You ARE ignorant. There’s just no other word for it. It is the dictionary’s definition of the word. You lack knowledge of the subject matter. Yet you arrogantly blather on and on and on and on, and act like ALL of the people in this thread are morons, and you’re somehow the only one who knows what you’re talking about. The possibility that you’re wrong about something you actually know very little about hasn’t even entered into your mind, has it? You honestly believe that everyone that actually knows what they’re talking about is wrong, and you’re right, don’t you? You don’t even need to answer those questions, because I already know the answer. This entire thread and every single one of your responses is a testament to it. The thought that you’re wrong has never even remotely crossed your mind.

And if irony is so cruel that you actually ARE an Anet dev, then you will achieve nothing but driving the final nail into WvW’s coffin. You should not be allowed to touch anything even remotely related to WvW. You’re NOT qualified for it. At all. Good day sir.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

“Lose defenders”?

“Lose scouts”?

“Lose team framework”?

Ignorance?

Well, I tried to warn you. By all means, continue your meltdown. You clearly have nothing other than arrogance and bluster. I AM a more experienced and knowledgeable vet than you. You understand nothing about it. You understand EotM. That’s all.

But, just to make things crystal clear for you, in no uncertain terms. Defenders defend due to server pride. Yes. Server pride. The PPT scoring system is hideously flawed, and the vast majority of matches were decided before they ever began. Everyone knew who was going to come in 1st, 2nd and 3rd, in every tier, ever week. When the scores no longer matter, winning and losing is irrelevant. However, people still scout, people still sentry, and people still do all those little chores that never get done on EotM. If you ever actually ask them why they do it, most say that they do it because it helps their server. Server Pride.

If you remove servers, there’s nothing to be proud of. Everyone loses that identity, and there’s no reason for people to do any of those chores anymore. Not when you’re no longer helping people you know. There’s no sense of community left. Random bodies all standing at the same place like what happens in PvE is NOT community. It isn’t even social. It’s about as much of a community as as NY subway. It’s a bunch of complete strangers who all happen to be going in the same direction. There’s NO sense of loyalty there. There’s no reason to sacrifice your time for a bunch of random people that you probably won’t ever see again.

And I have been using critical thinking. I’ve also been using my wealth of experience at every level and ever job in WvW and my deep ties to my server’s community. You ARE ignorant. There’s just no other word for it. It is the dictionary’s definition of the word. You lack knowledge of the subject matter. Yet you arrogantly blather on and on and on and on, and act like ALL of the people in this thread are morons, and you’re somehow the only one who knows what you’re talking about. The possibility that you’re wrong about something you actually know very little about hasn’t even entered into your mind, has it? You honestly believe that everyone that actually knows what they’re talking about is wrong, and you’re right, don’t you? You don’t even need to answer those questions, because I already know the answer. This entire thread and every single one of your responses is a testament to it. The thought that you’re wrong has never even remotely crossed your mind.

And if irony is so cruel that you actually ARE an Anet dev, then you will achieve nothing but driving the final nail into WvW’s coffin. You should not be allowed to touch anything even remotely related to WvW. You’re NOT qualified for it. At all. Good day sir.

Im not “melting down”, just stating some facts, dropping some knowledge, sharing my wisdom, helping provide a voice of reason to the community and saving wvw one post at a time…

in WvW

Bubi.5237

saving wvw one post at a time…

Any megaserver-like thingy will destroy MY WvW and I don’t care about others.
You’re not saving my WvW, so… how can you say you’re “saving wvw”? Whose wvw are you saving?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

“Lose defenders”?

“Lose scouts”?

“Lose team framework”?

Ignorance?

I clarified already. Eotm numbers have nothing to do with wvw ppt or tournament ppt. Please read so we are not wasting time and forum space…

It seems to me that your reading comprehension could use some work or you don’t understand what you are asking for. You claim that people would still scout, defend, etc in your EotM clone. If your claim is true why don’t these things happen in EotM? You claim that Ts wouldn’t be a problem which is hilarious. I’ve read this entire thread and it seems that you are arguing just to argue wasting time and forum space.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

Still standing by my opinion about Classic & New Coke.

I prefer Classic Coke.

Hope ANet decides to give the consumer both choices to enjoy…as Coca-Cola finally decided to do in the end & to the relief of many Coke drinkers.

To the rest of the WvW Community…this thread is beginning to look like this to me.

Attachments:

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

Actually took the time to read the whole thread even though I considered face planting my keyboard multiple times.

Swagger your ignorance was at first amusing, but by the end it was outright frustrating. One of many things you fail to understand is, ultimately, it is anet that didn’t listen to the die hard WvWs but listened to players like yourself.

Server identity is everything in WvW, the community’s that have built up around every server, the history of matchups, people transferring and causing drama / personal or guild vendettas against them. Keeps people playing day after day, week after week. The war doesn’t matter to that many now a days, it’s all about winning the battles in that war.

I know if I log in and hit WvW and join the community TS I will have loads of people that I consider friends to go out and do whatever needs to be done. Some of us have played with the same people for years, from all different guilds with different priorities or interests yet we rally and fight as one team.

Tell me Swagger, how many PvE maps are heavily populated that are unrewarding or unprofitable? WvW was unrewarding and mostly unprofitable but we kept joining because it was our little sandbox where are actions directly influence what happens. Auto upgrading structures heavily removed what we were capable of controlling on the map.

How would you feel having to run the now near empty HoT maps without the LFG tool? Because that’s what it will be like for us, joining WvW and flipping a coin on the kind of experience we can expect to get.

Many WvW focused players are eagerly awaiting this overhaul patch, but if anet get it wrong 1 last time that will be it, the exodus will be massive and it will be the death of WvW as we know it. Because anet listen to people like you that like to dabble in everything, yet have very little experience in the grand scheme of things in this game mode and are so ignorant and determined to get your point across.

Leave WvW change suggestions to those that play it all day everyday (or did until anet broke it with HoT) if you love mega servers and the idea of EOTM then go and play EOTM or push for changes there. We have a hard enough time as it is trying to get anet to listen without your kitten!

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

EoTM deffo Crystal Pepsi.
Keep/win trading ruins RvR games

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Those weren’t all eotm, but you can keep thinking you actually know more than I on how to help wvw…

Most WvW vets have never gotten ANY levels from EoTM.

I know plenty of WvW vets who levelled alts in EOTM including GvG drivers.

On the thread topic EOTM factions offer no motivating factors to get players to login and fight whereas servers do at least have some identity remaining. I do think the mode needs to move to some sort of alliance based megaserver system but anet needs to be careful they don’t destroy the reasons players login and fight.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

in WvW

Swagger.1459

I know you peeps like talking about me, but you should stay on topic and provide solutions to help wvw instead…

If you put away your server pride and elitist attitudes, you might be able to see the forest from the trees.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

“Lose defenders”?

“Lose scouts”?

“Lose team framework”?

Ignorance?

It seems to me that your reading comprehension could use some work or you don’t understand what you are asking for. You claim that people would still scout, defend, etc in your EotM clone. If your claim is true why don’t these things happen in EotM? You claim that Ts wouldn’t be a problem which is hilarious. I’ve read this entire thread and it seems that you are arguing just to argue wasting time and forum space.

My reading comprehension is just fine. You all sit there and assume “megaserver” means eotm internal mechanics… That is everyone’s flawed thinking here… Megaserver eotm gameplay and megaserver wvw gameplay will be two different “things” just like they are now.

Eotm megaserver- fast paced gameplay, “casually” competitive depending on commander, learn the wvw basics, level some characters, have fun goofing off, hang out here while in queue…

Wvw megaserver- slower paced gameplay, highly competitive, fight for the meaningful ppt based off of 4 maps, requires more tactics, needs more coordination and organization to succeed, tournaments…

It boggles my mind how much most of you don’t really understand or pay attention to your own game. I’ll say it again and cap it for emphasis… MEGASERVER WvW DOES NOT MEAN MEGASERVER EOTM INTERNAL MECHANICS. Megaserver wvw means you will have a larger group of players to play with, utilize and that contribute to wvw objectives, roles and meaningful ppt numbers across 4 maps… Maps will not be empty anymore for anyone. You will have more coverage, more combat and more rewards than you do now or did before. More people there means more people doing stuff to support your side, not less…

Does everyone understand? Am I clear enough with my description? If you do not understand then ask and I will explain it again.

Edit- and if you can’t use basic communication tools like TS and map chat to organize your side in wvw then you don’t deserve to win.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Megaserver wvw means you will have a larger group of players to play with, utilize and that contribute to wvw objectives, roles and meaningful ppt numbers across 4 maps…

Well except ppt wont mean much if green hold an entire instance, log off and poof the instance go away and green now get 0 points for it.

Said it before, WvW megaserver is theoretically possible but there are so many practical obstacles. The reason EoTM works is because it doesnt matter what instance you are on – no one care about ppt. No one even care about winning. I dont see any way forward with a WvW megaserver unless you completely scrap the ppt concept.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Megaserver wvw means you will have a larger group of players to play with, utilize and that contribute to wvw objectives, roles and meaningful ppt numbers across 4 maps…

Well except ppt wont mean much if green hold an entire instance, log off and poof the instance go away and green now get 0 points for it.

Said it before, WvW megaserver is theoretically possible but there are so many practical obstacles. The reason EoTM works is because it doesnt matter what instance you are on – no one care about ppt. No one even care about winning. I dont see any way forward with a WvW megaserver unless you completely scrap the ppt concept.

I’m pretty sure the devs can “mathematically” balance out megaserver numbers from the start.

You are still equating the exact format of eotm to wvw just because of the word “megaserver”. “Megaserver” has nothing to do with gameplay objectives or zone mechanics or internal design or ppt relevance… “Megaserver” means more people on the wvw map that are drawn from whatever home server they are from…

WvW has auto upgrades. Eotm doesn’t.

Wvw has tournaments. Eotm doesn’t.

Wvw has 4 maps that all contribute to ppt. Eotm is one map with ppt that is not connected to wvw ppt.

Wvw has its own set of achievements. Eotm has its own set of achievements.

Wvw has dolyaks. Eotm doesn’t.

HoT zone mechanics are different than the regular zone mechanics, but they are all zones.

Instance content like Fractals require agony resistance and dungeons don’t, but they are both instance content.

If by “theoretically” you mean “successfully tested and implemented in Eotm”, then yes, it is “theoretically” possible.

Tell me, what is the difference in tallying up megaserver ppt and the server ppt that we have now?

Do you think that the ppt in wvw carries more meaning than Eotm?

Don’t you think the devs will create a reward system for wvw based off of wvw ppt numbers, rank and participation?

Don’t you think that players will want to win those rewards?

Don’t you think wvw tournaments will make a comeback and be a consistent event and activity in wvw?

Devs are working on lots of stuff for wvw, and there will obviously be differences in that and eotm.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Tell me, what is the difference in tallying up megaserver ppt and the server ppt that we have now?

I dont know what you think the EoTM megaserver mechanically is but it sure isnt just players popping out of the woodworks to play on constantly filled instances.

When instances open and close dynamically it complicate things. Especially for ppt. EoTM is narrow in scope with its 3 hour matches giving meaningless rewards no one care about, thats why it work. Its like a quick sPvP match, just bigger. WvW is open a week. There would be so much instance shifting.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

I would like you to use your critical thinking in this case to find some of your own answers. I’m not just going to keep handing things to you peeps.

in WvW

Bubi.5237

I would like you to use your critical thinking in this case to find some of your own answers. I’m not just going to keep handing things to you peeps.

Just answer this one, you don’t have to hand more things to “us peeps”.

saving wvw one post at a time…

Any megaserver-like thingy will destroy MY WvW and I don’t care about others.
You’re not saving my WvW, so… how can you say you’re “saving wvw”? Whose wvw are you saving?