Golem Rush Feedback Mega-Thread

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

Agreed, I’m currently thinking what other game I should go play for the week. Who’s bright idea was 7 days of this ?

in WvW

Posted by: E Tan.7385

E Tan.7385

Servers avoiding fights to karma train (I’m looking at you Frenchies).

Oh yeah ? you look at frenchies ? i dont know what french server you fight against, but on augury rock, I only see ppl avoid fight when the opponent is like 2-3time more ( and we still always even try )
Amusing thing, because most of the server we fought ( i’am on that server since GW2 release ) was playing the “big guy” full of courage when they was waaaay more than us, but was very very often ( except somes rare guild ) runing away like coward ( or hidding behind siege weapons ) when we was the same number.. xD

Very funny comment, when i saw that for 90% of the server i saw. ( no matter the nationality )

“we leave the grind to other MMOs.”
Mike Obrien
Legen – Wait for It – dary joke

(edited by E Tan.7385)

in WvW

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

Yeah, I won’t be playing WvW this week either. I had alts to level anyway.

But the best way we can let them know this isn’t okay, is to not play WvW. Sucks because lots of us like the mode, but it’s the best way to get their attention.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Guess we will find out which servers are the true k-train servers this week.. Winner takes the k-train crown for their tier

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: Aerial Melodies.4938

Aerial Melodies.4938

It was cute for five minutes, but no one wants to fight now. Just cap, port, repeat. If you see orange swords and they aren’t 10 feet away from your position, forget it.

Can this please be shut off? I like the testing of the points per kill. I appreciate the boost to wvw xp. But this golem thing isn’t fun, it’s bugged (people getting 50+ siege after “building” a golem), and it’s stripping wvw down to EOTM-levels of karma training. Actually, there’s more fights in EOTM right now than WvW. :\

Ele for Hire

in WvW

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

Nope. Just end it now.

in WvW

Posted by: Aerial Melodies.4938

Aerial Melodies.4938

The irony being they are also testing points per kill (which I think would be nice to implement) but you can’t find anything to kill because everyone ports out their golems still. Ugh.

Ele for Hire

in WvW

Random.4691

It’s like pirate ship meta … only slower …. with no movement …

in WvW

Posted by: JuliannS.4570

JuliannS.4570

I’m not very good at this game and it’s hard enough trying to fight all the good players running around without getting rushed by a 20-man golem zerg. ANet plz nerf…………………

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

I can see it now; the entire WvW dev team is sitting around their top secret lair high-fiving each other over another tremendous accomplishment.

No?

BG

in WvW

Posted by: DemonNinja.1602

DemonNinja.1602

Dear Anet,

So this would have been a fun little weekend event – but a whole week of this is not fun; it is VERY annoying, and a complete waste of time in my opinion. I’m all for fun and games and mixing it up just for the giggles, but a week of this going to be painful.

Everyone in my WvW focused guilds are either taking the week off or very frustrated at this event and note playing in WvW.

Just some feedback.

Love,
The WvW Community

Aerilon Starsider
Elementalist Extraordinaire
http://twitch.tv/dustydemonninja

(edited by DemonNinja.1602)

in WvW

Kanebrake.6192

Time to admit you made a mistake and end this disaster, Anet.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Haven’t had a single decent open field fight so far 2 hours into reset. It has been a golem blobbing 3-way garrison lag fest, with garrison flipping every 10 minutes. 3-way skill lag is bad enough that we have to endure every week. 3-way skill lag + golem blobbing is just rubbish, not fun at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Angel.6085

Angel.6085

x2 on the above.

YB>DB>BG>SOR>TC>BG>FA>DB>SOS>BP Guardian
Formerly [rB], [OPED], [Choo]
Guild Leader [DN] Digital Nemesis

in WvW

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

x3 on the above.

Seriously who thinks this stuff up???

in WvW

Posted by: Rarity.8510

Rarity.8510

x4

Honestly, this should not be a week long…

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

It’s not even reset, and it’s already started?

yes it started before reset

blew up a couple good matches too…

in WvW

Posted by: Garanox.7341

Garanox.7341

x10 on the above

This even is not a great idea for a full week.
WvW servers that are on the brink of falling down a tire are going to have such a hard time this week.

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

Remember about a year and a half or 2 years ago when there was a bug for 3 days or so where golems were the only siege that could be built? It turned wvw into a giant karma train.

Yeah this sucks how they turned a bug into an “event”.

See you all next week.

You didn’t think this was going to be a positive comment did you?

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

lol. If someone decides NOT to buy a game due to a 1 week event, I think they are just making an excuse instead of playing with you.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

True, I’ve noticed that a lot of the “good” commanders aren’t able to adapt this week. It doesn’t surprise me that many people are taking the week off.

in WvW

Posted by: Basch.1347

Basch.1347

pure gold, thank you op

FA

in WvW

Posted by: Tyrados.1435

Tyrados.1435

I love pizza rolls.

in WvW

Posted by: Rarity.8510

Rarity.8510

I feel like an episode of south park just happened…

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Back then people just totally didn’t care about playing properly anymore at that point, but that was the state of my Server back then too, so it was frustrating, at the same time I can understand if people just threw every reason they played wvw out of the window. A week is too long for an event that promotes k-trains.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Random.4691

Our guild lasted about 1 hour before they logged in disgust.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Dude, boars are only worth 2 experience points a piece. Do you know how many we’d have to kill to get up 30 levels?

in WvW

Posted by: nizzin.2817

nizzin.2817

+1, I loaded into the wrong bl and before my queue popped on another bl i logged….ty anet for a week off

in WvW

Random.4691

Whats there to test ? I’m not even a dev and I could have told you a week of this is a terrible idea, zero testing needed to use common sense.

in WvW

Posted by: mako.2431

mako.2431

So why did you make a new topic instead of posting it in one already made? Why is it boring. Is it cause you have to play differently?

It’s boring because it SUCKS.

in WvW

Posted by: Aath.8319

Aath.8319

Anet, if you are going to do these cute little one week events in WvW can we get a week where there is a blob tax? that is, if you are surrounded by too many people your stats get reduced.

in WvW

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

IMO Golem Rush was a terrible idea and took the whole fun out of WvW.

Now I saw a lot of posts sharing this same sentiment but I get that ANET might want to give everyone a chance to enjoy this event, if they even find it enjoyable. So let’s make a compromise here.

Make the Golem Rush event last for 24h, this should give everyone in every time zone a chance to play in it, see what it feels like and then bam, back to normal.

Keeping this event for a whole week is overkill, several people are just dropping out of WvW because of it and when your regular WvW players are dropping like flies I believe you should think back and check if what you are doing is catering to the right people – i.e., every game mode has the people who like it so events, special things, etc, should cater for the particularities of what makes a game mode enjoyable for the people that look for it.

That is why its great we have 3 modes (PVE, sPVP and WvW), everyone can find their own enjoyment in their favorite game mode and be happy with it – so too should ANET strive to make things enjoyable for each game mode.

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Lets give all mobs and bosses in PvE 250% more health, double their damage to all players and make them 100% faster. It will be fun, it is only a week, join the rollercoster!

Ohh, can I vote on that ? It sounds fun actually. Would play PvE with that…

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Mitzarin.2963

Mitzarin.2963

I hate to play devil’s advocate here, as I too agree with all the posts requesting this event to end. It was fun for an hour, tedious for another hour and then down-right annoying for the final hour… however; I do truly believe A-net WAS trying to make WvW enjoyable for a “larger” audience. I, as a parent, cannot see a Dev or anyone who really loves their game doing anything they felt was against the greater good.

All that said, I, as a parent, also know when to admit when I have messed up.

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

I think its safe to say whoever is over WvW don’t know their A$% from kitten in the ground. Be thankful I’m not your boss……

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

They’re just flushing all the badges out of the economy.

That’s the only explanation I can see: soon they will announce they are removing badges of will offer something new for them.

in WvW

Random.4691

I hate to play devil’s advocate here, as I too agree with all the posts requesting this event to end. It was fun for an hour, tedious for another hour and then down-right annoying for the final hour… however; I do truly believe A-net WAS trying to make WvW enjoyable for a “larger” audience. I, as a parent, cannot see a Dev or anyone who really loves their game doing anything they felt was against the greater good.

All that said, I, as a parent, also know when to admit when I have messed up.

It’s shocking how out of touch they are with their own game, if they honestly couldn’t see this was a bad idea …

I just don’t even know what to say

in WvW

Kanebrake.6192

That’s the only explanation I can see: soon they will announce they are removing badges of will offer something new for them.

They could have just said “spend all your wvw badges by X date because they’re going away”

BG

in WvW

Posted by: bradadad.8915

bradadad.8915

It’s expensive. It’s boring. It’s literally broken and we knew it would be.

in WvW

Posted by: Razzafrazza.7815

Razzafrazza.7815

Yeah, I don’t complain generally but my impression right now is that this is:

1. Not fun.
2. Annoying as hell.
3. Encouraging people to complain loudly.
4. Discouraging new players from playing WvW.

I am disappoint.

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

They could have just said “spend all your wvw badges by X date because they’re going away”

Ya but now they can pretend something is happening in WvW that isn’t exactly the same as it was 2 years ago. Ah well, I’m gonna stop complaining and will level up my character in ESO this week. A new WvW area is coming out in that game soon, not that it’s without it’s share of problems either.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

in WvW

Posted by: Sogradde.8016

Sogradde.8016

Who cares? It’s not like you gain anything from winning a week anyway, lol.

Midnight Mayhem [MM]
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

From what I’ve seen so far, there won’t be any upgrades to structures this week. Everything flips too fast.

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

I would have been happy with a tourney, I always enjoy them, but this event? No, I’m taking the week off.

in WvW

Posted by: Helcor.9527

Helcor.9527

deal with it this is balance

in WvW

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

Hey, yo. OP. Tell your mom to get back upstairs, ’cuz I only got about 30 minutes left before these blue pills stop working. Then you and I can jam out some WvW in, like, 5 minutes. And you better save me some of those godkitten pizza rolls.

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

in WvW

Celtic Lady.3729

@OP:

lol. If someone decides NOT to buy a game due to a 1 week event, I think they are just making an excuse.

Pretty much this.

in WvW

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

lol it isn’t sincere

in WvW

Celtic Lady.3729

So today a logged in and I think Anet messed up with the patch or something, because Golem’s only takes 0 supply to make, this need serious fixing. Its a game breaking bug to WvW players, I don’t know how this huge bug could slip through Anet’s patch team, do they even look at WvW?

Don’t you read the articles from the login page? This is a scheduled special event not a bug.

in WvW

Posted by: HAAHO.1276

HAAHO.1276

We would have been happy with a WvW spring / summer tournament, but we got this terrible event.

Servers already can’t handle reset night or any night where 3 servers are fighting each other. But add 50 golems spinning in garrison lords room.. jesus. double damage was way too much when you have no cap on how many golems are on a map.