Ideas for other WvW "special events?"

in WvW

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

I’m seeing “no rally” pop-up a lot.

Thoughts?

I think people aren’t good at managing downs.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I have an idea:
the We care about wvw event:
1) disable first person view for wvw
2) readjust the radius of ACs
3) examine whether or not the damage siege does is justified, what means people have to defend objectives and if that still is enough in times of blobs
4) fix bugs
5) try to find the source of lags and fix them
6) spend some time in wvw as a regular player and learn what wvw is all about
7) balance classes/conditions/damage etc etc

That would be an event I’d like.

Then we can talk about zeppelins, golem rushes, tanks or whatever.

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

I have an idea:
3) examine whether or not the damage siege does is justified, what means people have to defend objectives and if that still is enough in times of blobs
4) fix bugs

WOAH WOAH… you forgot wvw achievements!

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Jana.6831

You’re partly right but truth is; I don’t care about them. AP are something for pve players, I guess ;)

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

You’re partly right but truth is; I don’t care about them. AP are something for pve players, I guess

haha yea… but it needs to be done before gw3 comes out…

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: DiscoJacen.1590

DiscoJacen.1590

I wish Josh would come have a look at other threads than this one…

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

Jana.6831

haha yea… but it needs to be done before gw3 comes out…

Nah, a friend of mine was a fanboy of a wvw player and when he was at the verge of becoming better than him he was “That guy has fewer AP than x, he can’t be that good!!”

I had a good laugh.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

There’s some cool ideas here, folks. I’ll pass it along to the team.

Bad news. Considering the devs thought golem week was a good idea, I suspect those “cool ideas” are the joke/sarcastic ones.

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Only thing I can think about is a one profession weekend. Because week would be too much. Where erveryone is turned into a certain profession. I would login to see how a warrior vs warrior zerg turns out.

in WvW

Posted by: lmaogg.7325

lmaogg.7325

You want more good ideas? How about ending this silly event by today. This is the worst really for wvw players.

NO ONE LIKES THIS EVENT. KTHX

in WvW

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

I did like this event for the first 2 hours then the lack of action put me of.
We are basicly only playing pve.
Because we cap towers faster than they can call for reinforcements.

in WvW

Posted by: Damian Vryce.9417

Damian Vryce.9417

Here’s an event, All anet employees transfer to the lowest rated server and then get match upped with the 2 highest servers. Anet employees get a mandatory 8 hours of WvW playtime per day imposed on them.

in WvW

Posted by: cheshader.5081

cheshader.5081

Here’s an event, All anet employees transfer to the lowest rated server and then get match upped with the 2 highest servers. Anet employees get a mandatory 8 hours of WvW playtime per day imposed on them.

And they have to rotate through all classes equally while playing actively.

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

How to word perfectly our depressing feelings in T9^^

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

And they have to rotate through all classes equally while playing actively.

yea we all know wvw is 50 guardians 2 mesmers
but mesmer op in wvw will be all over the forum

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

kitten mesmer is kitten : )

We still love you even if your class is op atm : D

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

Here’s an idea: never do anything like this ever again because anet refuses to test anything they make to a proper standard.

in WvW

Posted by: Zolazie Grengche.3051

Zolazie Grengche.3051

Heing [foxy] Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.4291

Notsoperky.4291

The ‘no rally’ crowd must be the same ones that play guard and warrior and endlessly spam 1 while blasting fields and pumping out boons, but can’t be bothered to turn around and finish off the downed players, then cry when they rally.

Maybe we should have a ‘light armor’ week and see how many of them are still asking for a ‘no rally’ week after they experience life as a caster. By ‘light armor’ I mean that they get their armor nerfed down to light armor levels, so they can carry on playing their guard or warrior….

‘No rally’ is an awful idea for the squishier classes, but great for the mindless zerg, so it’s not surprising it keeps coming up.

Guild groups complaining about rallying need to learn to assign players to stomp or finish off the downed instead of assuming it’s some one else’s job.

in WvW

Posted by: UltraElectroMagnetic.2187

UltraElectroMagnetic.2187

I’m honestly disappointed by the Golem Rush event; I was hoping that it would be fun, but as expected, it’s a massive karma train on steroids + exploits to match.

I did make this thread to try and bring out possible ideas for future special events, especially since a lot of people don’t like the first one. I feel shaking up WvW in special events like this has the potential to be very fun and I don’t believe that fixing WvW issues and holding special events in WvW are mutually exclusive things, so we might as well give our own crazy ideas in addition to addressing the problems we have in regular WvW.

So here’s another one:

Attack on Titan – Maps are filled with hostile wandering Champion Giants

Also, I really think Glicko rating system should be disabled during special events. Doesn’t seem fair at all, no matter what kind of special event is happening.

Ultra – Guardgineer – Onyx Guard [oG]
Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

One week of guesting on other wvw servers?

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

One week of guesting on other wvw servers?

It’s the same thing on other servers^^ GAME OVER MAN. GAME OVER

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

Posted by: kRAVen.4195

kRAVen.4195

The next special event anet should hold is job interviews for somebody who actually experienced and passionate about the wvw game mode.

in WvW

Posted by: kRAVen.4195

kRAVen.4195

The next special event anet should hold is job interviews for somebody who actually experienced and passionate about the wvw game mode.

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Ideas for other WvW “special events?”

Don’t do them unless you’re willing to put in the work it requires to permanently improve WvW instead of ruining it.

in WvW

Posted by: Lola.4172

Lola.4172

I have an idea:
4) fix bugs

Apart from the fact I agree compleatly .. I laughed my ase off at all the complaints.
I have begun to understand that Anet do not want to understand!

I Imagine Monday there will be a meeting at Anet … and JOSH DAVIS will ..
somehow..
justify this … thing

and then they will move quickly on and talk about all the great new stuff they’ve developed for the new map

LALALALALALALA not listening

RAZZ
mezmebaby

in WvW

Posted by: Raider.4283

Raider.4283

Don’t impose special events which encourage the use of siege.
Promote confrontation on the map.
Make confrontation more rewarding than using siege.

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

I mean how hard is it to see that if capturing stuff does NOT yield the same amount of rewards as defending stuff people are gonna inevitably end up in a karma train?

Spawn a rewards chest for defenders XD how hard can it be.

SIMPLE AS THAT

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

Posted by: Akeldama.4738

Akeldama.4738

1- No rallying off of killing enemy players or NPCs (no rallying in wvw period) :

There would be Downed state but players can’t rally off of killing something else. They have to be rezzed or self heal. This is aimed to emphasize the importance of keeping your force up, having medic player roles, having healers more emphasizes as oppose to just straight dps, and to have a good balance between DPS and Sustain on your force as oppose to the current FULL DPS meta where healers and support roles and shunned and considered outcasts. This is worth an event on its own. It would changed WvW strategy and combat styles SIGNIFICANTLY in a GOOD way with very little change in game mechanics.

Edit:

you could do a “no rally” but give outmanned servers the ability to rally.

^^^ This.

Also would be great if Anet trialed a week of “Going Green/Clean” in which they remove the pollution of obnoxiously long enemy name plates that obstruct the visibility of players, their movements, environment, and everything else that is obscured behind them. Replace them with the 2 or 3 letter abbreviated server names that players already use, while only the WvW ranks are spelled out or just an appropriately colored emblem for rank. On mouse hover the full text of server and rank would appear.

“I can see clearly now, the red blob is gone…”

– [Phalanx Formation] Jade Quarry Guard
“Ah, the mind of an irrational gamer, where injustice abounds.”

in WvW

Posted by: ImLegion.4018

ImLegion.4018

Finally we piken has farshiverpeaks to fight…and what does anet do. Bring a golem event in it

Thank you anet for ruining my mu

Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Safir.9203

Safir.9203

I have another idea for you to pass along to the team: FIRE WHOMEVER THOUGHT UP THIS GOLEM EVENT (if I’m not mistaken, it was you, wasn’t it?)

This event is bad and you should feel bad for crapping all over the WvW playerbase.

Also, fire the idiotic dev who said that people don’t “only wvw.”

If they turn out to be one and the same person, then even better: two birds with one stone!

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

How about a special event for PvE called “Wilderness Explorer” where you remove all the mobs and objectives from PvE and let everyone wonder around empty maps.

This way people can explore all the beautiful scenery you all created without any distractions.

Some people might be upset because they log on to play the content and actually fight things, but it will only be for a week so who cares right?

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

(…)

Also, fire the idiotic dev who said that people don’t “only wvw.”

If they turn out to be one and the same person, then even better: two birds with one stone!

When did that happen, link?

(edit nvm, just found it, didnt notice was on other thread.

It was sad to ear that, tough i know gw2 is a game for low effort gammer and theres no true holding value for the castles on wvw, yeah its a casual pvp zone for pve’rs at the end…. )

( /me starts looking for a better siege game….)

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Honestly, you guys have enough other threads to complain about how much you hate the golem week. Don’t derail this one as well, just because a red name posted here.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

lmaogg.7325

Honestly, you guys have enough other threads to complain about how much you hate the golem week. Don’t derail this one as well, just because a red name posted here.

We spam it because we care, and we want Anet to actually NOTICE it. Not just go with the attitude of “meh, its just a week. Ignore them”

in WvW

Puck.9612

You do realize most of the responses in this thread were joke ideas making fun of this kittenty event right?

in WvW

Puck.9612

OOH Just had an even better idea than removing PvE mobs and objectives.

“Nowhere to Hide”- Players can now kill other players on the PvE maps. You will be assigned a green, red or blue color depending on your server. All points come from player kills.

Since they seem so set on bringing PvE to WvW I think it’s only fair to return the favor.

(edited by Puck.9612)

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

WvW on the pve map would be so amazing and yet will ABSOLUTELY never happen^^

I guess no one can beat DAOC so far… Shame tho GW2 could have largely done it. You know, in a game called “Guild” and “Wars”^^

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

You do realize most of the responses in this thread were joke ideas making fun of this kittenty event right?

Yes.

But it is still annoying to read when every single thread has a bunch of “kitten golems!” posters in them. I’m not interested in reading about the golem threads because I already know what each of them are going to say, but right now it seems you guys are derailing every single thread on the forum into a golem thread.

I don’t really mind the golem week in WvW, it isn’t perfect by a long shot, but heck it’s a week, I can live with that. Atm I’m more annoyed with all you golem forumites ruining every single thread with “gOlEmS!”. I am considering boycotting the forums this week, not WvW. It is also against the forum rules to derail a thread off topic.

On Topic: Very much for the idea of a no-rally week. Been wanting to see that for ages.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

lmaogg.7325

Dont click them? The forums isn’t going to be painted the way YOU want it.

in WvW

Posted by: Windy.1538

Windy.1538

remove golems from WvW ?

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Dont click them? The forums isn’t going to be painted the way YOU want it.

But this thread is as it should only include discussion about ideas for other wvw events.

But as already mentioned, people who dont like golem week seem to feel the need to spam their opinion in every topic.

Its a good reminder why i barely visit the wvw forums anymore, because a good and fruitful discussion cant be held here.

People who claim they care about wvw jump on red posts and bash them no matter what they say without any constructive feedback.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.4291

Notsoperky.4291

Yeah, the sad thing is the dev actually thought most of the ideas posted here were actual ideas and may even pass them on…

in WvW

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

How about random team event, as in you log into wvw and you play for a random server, and the number of wvw players are balanced across all servers (in your region). If your in a group, you’re group can stay together. Might make for less zerg combat and perhaps reinforce small group fighting? who knows, likely not.

in WvW

Puck.9612

Yes.

But it is still annoying to read when every single thread has a bunch of “kitten golems!” posters in them. I’m not interested in reading about the golem threads because I already know what each of them are going to say, but right now it seems you guys are derailing every single thread on the forum into a golem thread.

I don’t really mind the golem week in WvW, it isn’t perfect by a long shot, but heck it’s a week, I can live with that. Atm I’m more annoyed with all you golem forumites ruining every single thread with “gOlEmS!”. I am considering boycotting the forums this week, not WvW. It is also against the forum rules to derail a thread off topic.

On Topic: Very much for the idea of a no-rally week. Been wanting to see that for ages.

I was dead serious about the ideas I posted, especially the second one.

But I don’t blame anyone for posting their disgust with the golem crap here. Like you pointed out, there are a bunch of threads about this event and Anet is choosing to completely ignore them. Obviously this is something the community feels is something worth discussing and if they can’t get a response in the appropriate threads I support their decisions to seek out a response anywhere they see a red name.

in WvW

Posted by: Bubbles.8931

Bubbles.8931

Super WvW Week!
Re-skin everything in WvW to look like Super Adventure Box stuff.

Battle Royale Week!
No AoE cap for a week.

(edited by Bubbles.8931)

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

Super WvW Week!
Re-skin everything in WvW to look like Super Adventure Box stuff.

THAT would actually be super fun^^

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

I would rather see a no rally timer. After you rally the first time, it goes on a 1 min cooldown.

Alternatively, you could do a “no rally” but give outmanned servers the ability to rally.

This would be a true use for the outmanned buff. Servers that heavily outman the other server(s) still have the numbers advantage, but it’s offset by the fact they can’t rally off of kills. If no outman buff then rally remains the same.

I also liked the idea that every tick a structure is claimed that guild gets some silver in their guild bank(but only if they pop buffs). Also defenders that fight off an attack should get a chest as well depending on their medal color.

(edited by Kaiser.9873)

in WvW

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Re-plugging some of my old suggestions back in here for good measure >.>

New Buildables:
– Walls/Barricades
– Slow Traps
– Buildable Watchtowers
– Buildable Supply Depot (Allow players to deposit supply, not only withdraw)
– Ramps for high terrain/walls (fragile/low hp)

New Camp Upgrades:
– Dolyak Armor: Equip your Dolyaks with the latest and greatest in combat platemail, allowing them to engage enemies when struck and soak up more damage. (requires guard upgrade first)
– Dolyak Carrot: Increase the speed of your Dolyak, allowing it to run to its location.
– Watchtower: Upgrades the camp with a watchtower for your Guild Claimer and grants the Guild Claimer a ranged secondary weapon to defend itself.

New Garrison Upgrades:
– Golem Factory: Upgrade your Garrison with a Golem Factory add-on, allowing for automated Golem creation. Builds 1 Golem every 1 hour, max: 5 Golems. (requires Waypoint Built)
– Runic Portal: Allows portal travel to the Bloodlust Ruins (located between all 5 points) (requires Waypoint built)

New Map-wide Upgrades: (located in Citadel)
– Upgrade Sentries your world controls into small outposts, consisting of 2 Guards, 2 Archers and 1 Scout (marks nearby targets). Requires Home Borderlands Keeps and Garrison under control.

New Structures:
– Skritt Hovel (change functionality similar to claimable forces in Eternal Battlegrounds.) Fortifies the location in the NW of the map to be a new claimable location with bonuses.
– Modniir Stronghold (change functionality similar to claimable forces in Eternal Battlegrounds.) Fortifies the location in the NE of the map to be a new claimable location with bonuses.

New Structural Upgrade:
– Warhorn / Signal Fire (Players activate Warhorn / Signal Fire to debuff enemy attackers, and create a visual / audible que to show players a structure is under attack.)
– Electrified Gates (Players who strike the gate with standard attacks have damage returned.

Gate Upgrades: Reduce gate health by 25% and apply a bonus:

- Dredge Tech: gates are immune to flame blast vulnerability.
- Asuran Tech: gates deal damage back to players striking it without siege, with a 10% chance to stun on damage.
- Sylvari Tech: gates slowly regenerate health without requiring supply, but are twice as vulnerable to Flame Blast.
- Charr Tech: gates cast off metal shards when struck by siege weapons, bleeding and crippling enemies nearby.
- Human Tech: barricades are built on both inner and outer sides, limiting space near the gate entrance.
- Norn Tech: Totemic gates give nearby allies bonus might, and periodically chill enemies (1s per 10s)

Electric Fence (bit of a joke rly)

Who can use it: Electric Fense is an upgrade available to guild members of an owned Keep/Tower/Garrison with Claiming permissions.

What it does: When purchased and completed, Electric Fence will prevent all players from directly interacting with the supply depots of the claimed location. This process can be activated and deactivated by an NPC.

Players attempting to access the Supply Depot without permission will be given a quick shock, and a small amount of damage or blindness.

Why use this: This is to alleviate issues with trolls, and players who do not know build procedures within higher value structures, unintentionally (or ex Trolls, intentionally) delaying the progress of structure upgrades, or preventing them completely.

ALSO please for the love of balthazar! FIX WvW ACHIEVEMENTS!

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

(edited by Zietlogik.6208)

in WvW

Posted by: enzo.7823

enzo.7823

I think a few days where every player is invisible unless they attack/interact with the environment then they’re visible for 30 to 60 seconds. Maybe another few days where everyone automatically has speed buff indefinitely or +50% speed increase buff?