Ideas for other WvW "special events?"

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Here are event ideas:

1. One event with PPT and holding structures means 1/3 of the normal point total and points her kill counts for 3x the regular points.
2. One week where flame rams are disabled.
3. Varied matchups. 2 weeks of winner moves up, loser moves down. T1 and T2 are stagnant on the NA side. Time to mix it up.

in WvW

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

How about a week where it pings on map whenever any of you’re towers are attacked ?

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

How about a week where it pings on map whenever any of you’re towers are attacked ?

They already have that…..

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: WhisperedInsanity.3985

WhisperedInsanity.3985

They already have that…..

I’m thinking that he means the red ping, kinda like Age of Empire flare style so you don’t have to watch the map.

Murda Inc [QQ]
Isle of Janthir
~If you want your story to be told, write it~

in WvW

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

How about a WWZ event for halloween. When a player dies, he turns into a zombie (with zombie skills) which makes him slow but can only be killed by headshots provided by rifles (found in a barrel in towers and keeps.).

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in WvW

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

I would like an event with no guards or keep lords. Players can take the position of a guard or lord with boosted stats and altered skills.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in WvW

Posted by: DaveTheKid.5293

DaveTheKid.5293

I can already see it coming that the devs only will take all the stupid IDEAS people are making just for fun and then they will think “Why they flame us, they made those ideas…”
Holy christ… time to find a new Game xD

Pink Afro Samurai!
Farshiverpeaks :3

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Here is my idea, please don’t do this golem week again. This is just a boring ktrain for the whole week. And then theres the fact of starting it before the previous week finished possibly pollutes the result for that week. Glicko should also be turned off because its meaningless. One could get the idea that arenanet regard WvW as merely a casual playground whereas most players in WvW (but getting less and less due to neglect and a lack of development) regard it as the main game.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Dal.5872

Dal.5872

#Credit goes to the reddit thread for this one. But had to bring it over here for attention by those who don’t frequent reddit.

Paranoia Week – All players are stealthed when out of combat.

Could make for a very interesting week.

IGN: Dal Brinium

in WvW

Posted by: SinisterSeven.2781

SinisterSeven.2781

I think if you guys do more ‘events’ in wvw, you’re going to kill the game. It’s the ultimate expression of a server’s ability to mash up other players. Right now all that’s happening is a giant omega zergball

i get that you want to spice things up, but this is too much, and its making the regular competitors, the people who go to wvw all the time a bit irate.

This event will attract a bunch of casuals which is fine. But they don’t carry the team through the week, and probably don’t have well adjusted builds to fight other players.

Speaking of which, events like these make nearly all the hard work you do building your character go to waste. =\

my suggestion is keep this junk to only one map, and keep the regular wvw maps free of this mutator type stuff.

It’s a unique idea, but I think it’s pretty badly executed. very glad its just for a week.

Yeah it’s ‘just a game’ but I take wvw fairly seriously because its really fun for me. taking a small group in and annihilating a group double your numbers never gets old. Everyone has an area of this game that they like, and this event really kittens on people like myself. why don’t you guys do this junk in pve?

(edited by SinisterSeven.2781)

in WvW

Posted by: Commoner.2796

Commoner.2796

Anti-Zerg Week – Each Player debuffs all player allies within a range of 1500 around them. I propose a 5% penalty to downed health per player and a 10% penalty in the amount of time before you are forced to respawn. This would mean you would die instantly if you had 20 or more player allies nearby and be forced to respawn instantly if you die with 10 or more allied players nearby.

Mobile Siege – All siege that have wheels on their models must be built in camps. Siege is mobile and maybe moved around the map the same way golems are moved but will have all other abilities on cool down for 30 seconds after last being moved. Trebuchets may only be built in camps, towers, keeps and castles and are not mobile.

Open House – All gates to Towers and Keeps are open. Mercenaries, Guards and Champs have 500% health, do 300% damage and have permanent Haste and Super Speed.

Mercenaries for Hire – Mercenary Camps and Borderland Centaur and Skrit Camps allow you to hire Mercenaries that act like Pets at a cost of Supply and some Gold. They will only work for you as long as you are outnumbered. Definition of Outnumbered needs to be relaxed a little.

in WvW

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Also, I really think Glicko rating system should be disabled during special events.

Definitely. Doesn’t really makes sense to rate servers based on their capability to golem rush entire maps (like it’s happening right now).

in WvW

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Anti-Zerg Week – Each Player debuffs all player allies within a range of 1500 around them. I propose a 5% penalty to downed health per player and a 10% penalty in the amount of time before you are forced to respawn. This would mean you would die instantly if you had 20 or more player allies nearby and be forced to respawn instantly if you die with 10 or more allied players nearby.

this is a very interesting concept: an area buff/debuff/effect given out by each player that can control what happens when X charges are in the same area

Idea for a funny one: You are the bomb, all characters give out this area effect on a 1200 range. When any character reaches X stacks (10? 15? 20?) of the area effect, they explode taking 5k damage and launching 10 targets around them. Try blobbing like that…

in WvW

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

#Credit goes to the reddit thread for this one. But had to bring it over here for attention by those who don’t frequent reddit.

Paranoia Week – All players are stealthed when out of combat.

Could make for a very interesting week.

That would be an insane amount of fun and frustration. I like it.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in WvW

Posted by: Vector.6105

Vector.6105

Here is an idea, how about no special events.

in WvW

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I prefer the suggestion from a reddit thread where everyone not in combat is stealthed. Stealth is lost upon entering combat/getting hit, and you gain stealth again once out of combat.

Would be really interesting seeing, for example, 3 players in the distance on rams, and going up to attack them, only to see a whole enemy zerg emerge in front of your eyes as they get hit by your attacks and are revealed by getting into combat XD

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

You’re always creating PvE events on WvW maps.

How about an event where we can attack and kill people on PvE maps? Expand their horizons and shake their playing experience up for a week.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

Cool special events for the other game areas – they should get their share too. All “Golem Rush” gold standard quality.

• Dungeons – remove all loot except a gray shirt saying “I went to <dungeon name> and all I got was this loysy T-shirt”
  • Outdoor PvE areas – reduce movement speed by 90%
  • Cities – move all NPCs 20 yards up in the air
  • sPvP – players cannot damage enemy players
  • EotM – NPCs are unkillable
  • RP – all players appear as their generic WvW model

Just kidding. Any one of the above would actually destroy the corresponding game area. Spelling this out if the developers fail to see it.

Please. No more special events in WvW.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: forallofnone.6874

forallofnone.6874

trebs are free to build and use targeting skills

in WvW

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

One shot week
everyone will be killed with one shot
in exchange everyone gets superspeed and they way points are permanent

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

One shot week
everyone will be killed with one shot
in exchange everyone gets superspeed and they way points are permanent

This is already 1 shot week, you just need to use the golem bug

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: root.2859

root.2859

How about you leave us a map without this event? Did someone think about the people who dont want to play messed up wvw for an entire week?

in WvW

Posted by: Tyberius of Ranik.3049

Tyberius of Ranik.3049

“Welcome to the real WvW”- Upon completion of all Pve boss events, players are randomly divided into three teams and forced to kill each other until only one group wins and gets to claim the boss chest. Hence, only 1/3 the total payout of a boss chest.

in WvW

Posted by: root.2859

root.2859

OOH OOH I HAVE ANOTHER ONE!!!!!!!!

#################################
Why isnt golem event EOTM exclusive?
#################################

They already have a karma train.

in WvW

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

How about we try that whole “adopt a Dev” project again?

For one week, give every server at least one Dev, whose job for the week is to run with an assigned WvW guild. The guilds will volunteer for this and then take responsibility for showing the Dev around WvW, taking them on runs- big runs, roaming runs, gvgs, etc, try to expose them to at least a couple different time zones. The devs should be responsible for paying attention to any problems they encounter and taking notes.

At the end of the week, hopefully the devs will have a little bit of experience dealing with the queues/blobs of top tier servers, the underpopulation of bottom tier servers, and maybe get a better idea of how wvw playstyle works and what the wvw players want.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

in WvW

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Heres an Idea: NEVER EVER do this again

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Idea for special event:
Place a ORB in each borderlands, adding a CTF mechanic that has been missing from WvW for 2 years.

in WvW

Posted by: Foghladha.2506

Foghladha.2506

I’d like to have a special event where every time you change maps you turn into a different animal and gain the attacks of that animal. So if you turned into a panther you’d have the skills the Panther has. And everyone on the map is a different animal. Zoo Wars!

Or! It would be awesome if we had a special event where Yak’s ran 125% the speed of a human. And Keeps upgraded twice as fast. Call it Digging In!.

I still would love to see a mode where the longer a realm owns a keep the higher the pot is in the rewards. If you take a keep that has been owned for days it rewards you exotics and what not. Like a daily chest popup bounty for keeps that have been owned a certain amount of time. Say like add tiers. So T1 is 1 Hour, 2 3 Hours, 3 6-hours 4 12-hours 5 24 hours 6 48 hours, etc. So a T6 would reward you with some pretty sweet gear. Alternatively, make the defensive ticks increase as well for each hour the keeps remain in your control. So defenders that successfully defend get some sweet loot and exp too.

Benjamin “Foghladha.2506” Foley
Founder, Gaiscioch Community [GSCH] | Gaiscioch Magazine | Twitch | YouTube | Twitter
Proud Resident of Mercenary Server Sanctum of Rall | 6 Year Extra-Life Charity Event Participant

in WvW

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

No invisibility week: All players are constantly revealed. Revealed bonuses are cancelled.

Everyone even week: As invisibility is so special lets make it even, everyone gets permanent mass invisibility whenever they are on WvW.

Snowball mayhem week. Everyone is automatically equipped with snowballs and presents on entering WvW. They can throw presents to enemies, or throw snowballs at them. As someone gains more presents they become encumbered, and unable to move, eventually falling over and having to port to spawn or get their gifts destroyed by other people of their side. Snowballs have no other effect than knock enemies down and interrupt them.

Flower Power: Everyone is automatically equipped with a bunch of flowers on entry to WvW and has to throw them at each other. Eventually people get overloaded with the love and burst into tears. This may be useful during Februrary…

Devs actually read all the posts in WvW forum week, and keep reading them until they actually understand what the post means. Every post has to be replied to personally.

(edited by Serious.7083)

in WvW

Posted by: Crazy.6029

Crazy.6029

I would like the ability to blow up a player while they are in downed state and see there body parts all over..lol. It would be funny after a big zerg fight to see arms, legs and heads everywhere.

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Disable all siege except rams.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Flood the maps…
Underwater combat!

in WvW

Posted by: Qazmodon.1823

Qazmodon.1823

How about an event where we can attack and kill people on PvE maps? Expand their horizons and shake their playing experience up for a week.

YES – seconded

in WvW

Posted by: BlackSpathi.1062

BlackSpathi.1062

Here are some events I’d welcome:

• Double movement speed of rams and catapults
  • Double the damage of siege disablers
  • Make golems mobile
  • Make trebuchet and ballista skills ranged
  • Make arrow cart skills AoE

Any of these would make a really fun week!

in WvW

Posted by: DroidDreamer.2861

DroidDreamer.2861

CHARR CARS FOR ALL!!!

(But, please, just for one weekend)

Check out my Guardian WvW Mace/Shield & Staff Support Build:
http://goo.gl/VftpD3

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

How about we try that whole “adopt a Dev” project again?

For one week, give every server at least one Dev, whose job for the week is to run with an assigned WvW guild. The guilds will volunteer for this and then take responsibility for showing the Dev around WvW, taking them on runs- big runs, roaming runs, gvgs, etc, try to expose them to at least a couple different time zones. The devs should be responsible for paying attention to any problems they encounter and taking notes.

At the end of the week, hopefully the devs will have a little bit of experience dealing with the queues/blobs of top tier servers, the underpopulation of bottom tier servers, and maybe get a better idea of how wvw playstyle works and what the wvw players want.

Last time that happened we almost got permanent no-white-swords — and it was only forum outrage that they reduced it to a “test.” We also got the botched, lazy, fill-in of QL’s bridge area.

in WvW

Posted by: Petez.2975

Petez.2975

Siege Towers, Ladders and Grappling Hooks that you can use and conversely set fire to, push off and cause enemies on them to suffer damage from falls.
No AOE caps, more Mayhem.

in WvW

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

T3 gates week.
All towers/keeps are granted with t3 gates, once they upgraded to t3 walls.

Would be a nice test for the upgrade-overhaul, coming with HoT.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in WvW

Posted by: Sunreva.8714

Sunreva.8714

How about putting the brakes on other wvw special events until disasters like the one we are in the midst of are addressed?

in WvW

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

How about an event where you actually pay attention to the WvW community and help us help you to make this game mode better/fixed.

Stop ignoring us and stop cherry picking all the childish nonsical suggestions you can tweet to make yourself look good. There’s only one way to make you look good and that is behave in a manner that deserves respect from your community.

You do not listen us – FACT
You do not care about us – FACT
You do not fix bugs until it’s been exploited for months/years – FACT
You do not ban hackers anywhere near as fast as 90% of the devs out there – FACT
You will delete my post under the pretext of it not being relevant or an insult to the devs even though by treating us the way you do YOU are insulting and disrespecting us considerably more – FACT

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

If you want suggestions for future events you must first take us seriously.

We do not want another karma train, those that want that garbage have EotM,
We do not want PvE garbage in our maps, scarlet was MUCH more than enough!
We do want the devs to realize that many of us only go into PvE to get gold ect.
We do want to be rewarded much, much better (see above).

Ok these are things I want, but most people in my guild and here seem to parrot these requests. Treating WvW like just something added on to many of us is insulting to say the least. Events like the golem rush week just seem to make us feel like second class citizens whilst catering to nobody save the k-trainers.

As for suggestions I would offer the following:

1) Fight week: structures offer nothing save a waypoint and or safe haven but all kills reward 5 times the PPT (up to 5 can stomp) and MUCH better rewards per kill.
2) Defense Week: Each player inside a structure adds to the overall toughness of the walls and gates. If outnumbered you get free cannons and oil pots on all owned structures.
3) Roamers Week: Any group under 15 (in an area) will get structural vulnerability for free on all structures (gates and walls) that they attack. They will also cap bloodlust twice as fast as normal. All kills by roamers will count for 3 times the PPT amount normally given for a kill and give better rewards.

These are just off the top of my head and could/should be tweaked to suit others, possibly with a community discussion. Something I can assure you we NEVER got before you thrust this week upon us!

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Asuran are Finally Useful Week!

Asurans can be loaded into and launched from catapults and trebuchets. Launched Asurans can deploy an optional parachute during flight to mitigate fall damage, but take double damage if they are hit with ranged attacks while the chute is open.

Osu

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

YES – seconded

The angry posts from pve’ers would certainly crash the forums.

Osu

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

YES – seconded

Must admit I’ve always wanted to gank the people in map-chat in Queensdale (so much toxic people there). But I realize this would probably be the end of WvW entirely as the PvE population would go “Either WvW goes, or we go!”.

Doubt they could make much money on the amount of HoT sales for WvW’ers only if the entire PvE pop boycotted it and left the game.

But kitten it would have been fun! for all of 1-2 hours until they understood what was going on and abandoned the map to scream at the forums.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

YES – seconded

The best would be bringing zergs into the most sacred of PvE world- SilverWastes and big boss events like Tequatl to just interrupt the mindless PvE farm and kill everyone.

“NOOO MY TEQUATL NOW I HAVE TO WAIT 2 MORE HOURS FOR MY CHESTS”

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

i still want to shout ‘GET SOMMMEEE’ on my reaper :/

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.4291

Notsoperky.4291

I’ve thought of the ultimate event for wvw: a dev appears in the forums and explains their plans for wvw, what bugs they are currently working on and when they will fix all the existing bugs and exploits.

Ok, I’ll wake up now!

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

Given the bad response to Golem Rush I doubt anyone of importance will get very deep into this thread but in the vein of removing the downed state ideas, I propose a Down and Out week where going into down state removes you from the map with insta auto spawn to LA like at reset. Would bring new meaning to the term pin sniping. Would also make death potentially encounter changing on queued maps.

Would be cool to see AP reward tracks or titles associated with event weeks that give something fun for being successful at whatever the gimmick is separate from regular WvW stuff.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

Strange one but:
Dance Fest: Players must enter dance mode while near each other. Add attack skills like break dance spinning or Texas 2-step kicks, or Head Banging strike. Would be interesting in zerg battles – one big mosh pit.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Heather.4823

Heather.4823

I hate this stupid golem event but I like the idea for wvw events

Siren – Aurora Glade