"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

I did some commanding from time to time.I tired not to break the zerg by wiping and attacking enemy zerg from time to time.
Problem is there is no trust between players when you are out numbered. CMD risk breaking their zerg morale by single wiping.

Last time I tried to cap bridge sentry with my zerg and just happen to see another zerg on the bridge. And there nobody attacking despite my zerg is outnumbered.

Also whats up overgrotwh NPC?. Thier sentry the trolls can spam defiant stance .Thier Keep lord virtually unkillable due to chaos of zerg that don’t know the champs mechanic.

I agree that zerg hunting is pretty good if you are in WvWvW guild group due to guild build being more resilience.

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

• Most commanders seem more concerned with capturing empty towers and avoiding the enemy at all costs than defending anything we own

You just made me smile. It seems indeed that’s the main occupation of most wvw players… lets face it… this game mode is dead to everyone who isn’t possessed by virtual currencies (#karma, #ectos, #badges).

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Eotm is a playground for pvers that wanna feel like theyre part of wvw.There is no defending,its just a karma train going from champ to champ.

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: GlowSticks.9734

GlowSticks.9734

It’s cute that WvW players dump on PvE players.

WvW is not a skilled playfield. It’s about mob mentality at best. The side that makes the blob do the most wins. EotM is about using that format to make the most out of the available rewards. WvWers are watered down PvE players any day of the week.

sPvP players are laughing at you guys making the distinction. Anet is laughing at the sPvP players who represent 1 percent of their paycheck.

Who wins?

lol @ WvW not a skilled play field.
Try taking on 50 man blob with a 15 coordinated guild group. works well.

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

Hello. My name is Kaga, and for now 3 weeks I’ve been blue, which means the worst spot in edge : Frostreach. The fantastic Ice Palace. In a way, it reminds me of Maguuma proper, since you’re always outnumbered.

And lo, the great dual comms strategy emerged, and team Kaga & friends went to work on perfecting that defense, farming the zergs coming in, reaping us a great baggie harvest with a generous side of zergling tears. The anguish generated by operation defense for the past 2 weeks had escaped the confines of the overflows, and is now on blast on the forums. AND I REJOICE !

The defenses (events) and the retakes do give rewards. But killing zergs 3 to 4 times your numbers feels much better. Against the grain of the karmatrainers that believe you should let it be capped and just recap it, The ice castle got defended against overwhelming odds. A great many defenses ( for season) and kills were obtained by the happy edgerunners of Frostreach.

And by the time the enemies fear and back off the slice … then the raids begin. Unless spotted and acted upon quickly, Kaga’s infamous sneakystyle raids have produced dragonite for the hardworking defenders of frostkeep. Because tactics do serve a purpose in edge of the myst.

If i’m around and running things, beware! Commander Kaga farms j00, ktrainer ! (And yes, I’ve had 4 hour frostkeep flawless defense matches. )

Oh, and this was found this week . Made my day ! http://captiongenerator.com/15883/Eotm-Karma-Train

and this pretty much sums up what is happening, it’s the commanders that decide to Ktrain and not jump back to keep and help defend our slice, SO it’s the terribad commanders that are causing this EotM debacle.

Anet can’t fix bad commanders people can fix bad commanders, by just waypointing and running to defend something for 2 minutes (or less) then run back to the tag.

and PvD people make soooo many bags and WxP for me when they come to my side of the map I am now torn between wanting to get rid of the Ktrain or promote it because the loots/wxp are just so great (more than champs by far!)

people like Kaga have figured it out, do BOTH it really is amazing (until the other color QQ and quits the map)

Sincerly, Me.

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

To me, EotM is a playfield with lots of bags walking behind a commander tag. Only worth it if normal WvW has little to no action. We go into EotM to hunt bags, and look for orange swords on the map and go there. Then wipe entire zergs with a lot less numbers, uplevels melt easy.

WvW borderlands is where the actual fun is. If you don’t have a lvl 80 player, don’t worry about following a commander. Don’t think, just follow, and make sure you’re listening on voip. Because not knowing what’s going on is worse then uplevels tbh.

Don’t expect to be accepted in groups all the time though, uplevels are often seen as easy rallybots for the enemy.

Of course, the server you play in also play’s an important role. Not all servers have decent WvW going on.

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: PacoXI.7690

PacoXI.7690

Eotm is a playground for pvers that wanna feel like theyre part of wvw.There is no defending,its just a karma train going from champ to champ.

This is exactly what EOTM is, a playground for PVE players. You occasionally see a WVW player go in there for badges or to level but almost no one who spends a decent amount of time on the borderlands pays any attention to EOTM.

There are no fights in EOTM except by mistake, its all ktrain. The 3 zergs on map go out of their way to avoid one another. Some people get mad if you fight or cap something out of rotation because it screws with their train. I just avoid EOTM, nothing there for me. Fights in EOTM are cake even for people who just WVW on reset night.

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: Reality.9256

Reality.9256

Hello. My name is Kaga, and for now 3 weeks I’ve been blue, which means the worst spot in edge : Frostreach. The fantastic Ice Palace. In a way, it reminds me of Maguuma proper, since you’re always outnumbered.

And lo, the great dual comms strategy emerged, and team Kaga & friends went to work on perfecting that defense, farming the zergs coming in, reaping us a great baggie harvest with a generous side of zergling tears. The anguish generated by operation defense for the past 2 weeks had escaped the confines of the overflows, and is now on blast on the forums. AND I REJOICE !

The defenses (events) and the retakes do give rewards. But killing zergs 3 to 4 times your numbers feels much better. Against the grain of the karmatrainers that believe you should let it be capped and just recap it, The ice castle got defended against overwhelming odds. A great many defenses ( for season) and kills were obtained by the happy edgerunners of Frostreach.

And by the time the enemies fear and back off the slice … then the raids begin. Unless spotted and acted upon quickly, Kaga’s infamous sneakystyle raids have produced dragonite for the hardworking defenders of frostkeep. Because tactics do serve a purpose in edge of the myst.

If i’m around and running things, beware! Commander Kaga farms j00, ktrainer ! (And yes, I’ve had 4 hour frostkeep flawless defense matches. )

Oh, and this was found this week . Made my day ! http://captiongenerator.com/15883/Eotm-Karma-Train

I just wanted to say that I love your commanding style in EOTM. I was able to run with you yesterday and your sneak-style of commanding along with your views on defense is very refreshing. Your map movement and personality

Personally I think Frost Keep is the easiest to defend out of the 3 keeps, since the inner keep layout is so small, a few trebs/catas is enough to hold off the enemy while you rain down arrows on them. The slow debuff also helps in the defense of blue as well.

Your map rotations and personality is amazing as well! I would follow you again 1000000/10 =).

Random Person : Isle of Janthir

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

It’s cute that WvW players dump on PvE players.

WvW is not a skilled playfield. It’s about mob mentality at best. The side that makes the blob do the most wins. EotM is about using that format to make the most out of the available rewards. WvWers are watered down PvE players any day of the week.

sPvP players are laughing at you guys making the distinction. Anet is laughing at the sPvP players who represent 1 percent of their paycheck.

Who wins?

Thanks for proving my point.

A coordinated smaller group vs. a bunch of pugs running around in a blob. Don’t stress yourself too much there champ. Nothing says “skill” like coordinating your guild against up levels and under-geared players. What’s next for you? I hear stealing candy from babies, and sucker punching little old ladies may provide you and your guild that next tier of challenge that you’re looking for.

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: Raven.5281

Raven.5281

Now my opinion may not be popular, but I actually think EOTM should just stay as a Ktrain. There are several reasons, it keeps up-levels generally out of WvW, no one likes a rallybot, but if you want to level in WvW that’s fine. I strongly recommend you get on your server’s TS/Vent/Mumble, and ask for tips. People are really nice generally, and a lot of them we’ll go out of their way to try and help and protect you.

But back to Eotm, it also keeps the Ktrains out of WvW. I don’t mind the odd Ktrain, you can use it as an excuse to bolster your numbers and zerg rush when the enemy is weak, but in WvW I’d rather land grab and hold. Often after a successful Ktrain in WvW, the numbers die off and holding those new points becomes difficult.

Because up-levels melt. You don’t want to hit another zerg when your zerg is also filled with up-levels. Even in WvW Ktrains a good commander who knows they have a lot of in-experienced or low level players will be hesitant to hit another zerg head on. You risk losing the zerg, losing points, and getting pushed out. Which, oddly, is less of an issue in EOTM since it has little or no value to hold.

EOTM also tends to be greatly unbalanced, and I’m not even talking about colour populations, but the maps themselves. It’s not a fair playing field, and I don’t think it should be remotely serious unless they seriously overhaul the map. It’s got a lot of fun points and neat tricks, and I will admit I’m sad it’s depth and complexity has been reduced to a Ktrain.

P.S. I hate killing up-levels. There’s no challenge, and it’s not a fair fight. I’m of the opinion killing an up-level probably shouldn’t grant any reward. Sure I still kill them, but I won’t go out of my way to kill one.

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

Yeah, my group has been trolling the EotM karma trains ever since it was implemented. After we have wiped the other two enemy colours a few times, they generally rage quit then my team colour dominates the entire map at which point we change into a different overflow and repeat the process. Funniest thing is, we are only a small group of 5 players. And yeah, we do get the occasional PM from a crying karma trainer (sometimes even from our own team) because we messed up their train. LOL.

I’ll just put this here…

But majority GW2 player are casual carebear and have no skill so they go for easier target.

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

To sum everything up if you want to WvW actually do WvW if you want to get some exp or WvW levels or loot or gold just go EoTM and be glad there is a perma train running to help new characters catch up to the rest of us

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: deepwinter.9015

deepwinter.9015

I support unicorngirl.1487’s sentiment that the current mentality for EotM is ridiculous! I intend to form a guild specifically with the intent to defend points, Spectral Wall zerglings into the void, destroy bridges, and cause general mayhem and destruction for any zergling attempting to get a free ride to loot!

Viva la PvP!

Azhandris – Sylvari Thief
Tarnished Coast

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: drowze.3709

drowze.3709

If you want to play wvw, why not go to proper wvw? Eotm is not world against world, it’s color vs color, which means no team-feeling whatsoever, and this leads to no-one giving a kitten about who wins.
If people don’t care who wins, then it’s just a matter of how to get the best rewards, which is karma-trains.
When someone organizes a group to defend, even though the vast majority of their color doesn’t agree on that course of action, they are trolling (in my humble opinion).
A guild that organizes themselves in eotm to beat a bunch of uplevels and in the process feel awesome about their skillz, should look in the mirror and think about why they aren’t in proper wvw, actually doing something meaningful for their world (again, imho).

I’ve only visited eotm a limited number of times, because I can only stand karma training for an hour at most, before getting bored of it. So it’s not that I am absolutely in favor of karmatrains. But taking eotm as a serious wvw (or pvp, whatever) format seems ridiculous to me.

That’s my opinion on the matter and when there are people thinking differently on the map, when I am there as well… stopping my level up train in the process… I just go do something else that I’ll probably enjoy better anyways. No need to start drama about a game.

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

It’s terrible, when I see a commander avoid fights and people happy about it I get so bored. What are these people even farming for if it’s not for gear that they will use to fight?

The best is to tag up and show them the fun and extra loot you get when you actually fight instead of playing like cowards.

The reward system needs an overhaul and depend primarily on winning the match.

And that!

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

Can be done, done it, and EOTM give you all the choke point to do so if your well coordinated.

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

1v50. Spectral wall. Yeahhhhhhh :P

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

If you want to play wvw, why not go to proper wvw? Eotm is not world against world, it’s color vs color, which means no team-feeling whatsoever, and this leads to no-one giving a kitten about who wins.

Based on the way it was created your concept is sound but for some it does matter. Saying it doesn’t is like saying that no one that does the PvP matches care if they win. I do, I think others do too or there wouldn’t be so much rage in map chat when people lose in a 15 min PvP match. Now true there is no lasting reward for winning a match up, and I think that should be addressed, but last night again there was a lot of people happy about a hard fought victory. People were attacking and defending, even some objectives not normally our own. It has only the value that someone gives it. Overall this is just a game, unless you are getting paid to play GW2, how does any of it really matter?

Now why is someone in EoTM vs WvW, that’s each to their own, sometimes you just need a change in landscape or you are waiting on friends/guildies. Or maybe there is a lull in the action in the borderlands, or maybe you are just getting zerged down. That’s one reason I support the Edge applying victory points into the normal WvW weekly scoring, would help tie them back to each other.

Either way good hunting to you!

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: Blooper.9765

Blooper.9765

I play in in EOTM a lot, for both the k-train and the fights. The most fun times are when we have a commander on who’s interested in both. It’s keeps the “train” fresh and also often turns into a blast for the train-runners who discover that, yes, wvw can be fun!
As someone else said, any location is only as important as the players make it. I’ve heard many inexperienced wvw players say how surprised they were at the fun they had fighting the other color’s zerg. (We’re talking pugs on both sides, not organized guilds.)
I’ve sometimes sieged up inner keeps, whatever color we were, and had pugs come help defend when enemies attacked. We’ve wiped many times, won a few, but either way, most of the pugs would comment in chat or whispers about how much fun it was.
If we all realize that sometimes the map just isn’t going to be interested in taking and holding stuff, and sometimes the map IS interested in fights here and there, and we all always remember IT"S JUST A GAME, then maybe we can stop arguing about who’s playing EOTM the “right way.”

Ritterherz (JQ)

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: EmoDevo.3209

EmoDevo.3209

Yeah, my group has been trolling the EotM karma trains ever since it was implemented. After we have wiped the other two enemy colours a few times, they generally rage quit then my team colour dominates the entire map at which point we change into a different overflow and repeat the process. Funniest thing is, we are only a small group of 5 players. And yeah, we do get the occasional PM from a crying karma trainer (sometimes even from our own team) because we messed up their train. LOL.

I’ll just put this here…

But majority GW2 player are casual carebear and have no skill so they go for easier target.

Oh dang son, you sure called me out. But yeah you’re right, karma trains in EotM are still way too easy to wipe even at 1:5 odds, so now we started playing with blindfolds on and taping one hand to our backs just to give them a fair chance.

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

i love the concept of EOTM, loved it at first that is until a month or so ago where we encounter a zerg defending there keep and someone shout they have been defending there keep all day, is useless, we are wasting time by not farming karma,exp and bags and everyone retreated, everytime they encounter a zerg they didnt fight just karma farming. That made me sad kinda, like wow tought it was all about PvP, they also said if you want PvP go to eternal battlegrounds. I think the concept of EOTM was good but people are abusing it and messing it up sadly, wvw is a joke now most of the time.

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: unicorngirl.1487

unicorngirl.1487

I find it pathetic that some commanders coordinate with the enemy to make sure there are no fights between zergs. Really, really pathetic.

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

Rewards in EotM is too high.

Take the karma/lvl exp and other rewards away, or decrease it by a lot, and you get a lot less karma trains. You’ll get a lot of QQ though if anet does that. Also, the amount of karma train seekers in the borderlands is luckily now very very low. So it all has ups and down sides :P

Anet should give us better loot reward upon killing players, would totally motivate those karma whores to engage in fights instead.

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

if you play any EOTM you will see a lot of dead people at gates manned by nothing but npcs. There is no defense. It is so routine you wonder why you are taking time off from work to work that boring hard, just running around and around and around. I do it sometimes, watching the clock, because I want ascended gear and need the materials.

For the Toast!

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: Niko Stark.8932

Niko Stark.8932

I support unicorngirl.1487’s sentiment that the current mentality for EotM is ridiculous! I intend to form a guild specifically with the intent to defend points, Spectral Wall zerglings into the void, destroy bridges, and cause general mayhem and destruction for any zergling attempting to get a free ride to loot!

Viva la PvP!

Please…if you wanna go PvP, go to spvp. If you want to roam solo or in a small group to look for a challenge, then head to BL. Killing a roaming uplevel or organizing a group of Lv80s to hunt down a bunch of uplevels then going “Viva la PvP!” is ridiculous.

It’s funny when I actually bring a few of my guildies to hunt down groups of EOTM players like you until you end up looking for another overflow so you could “stomp noobs”.

(edited by Niko Stark.8932)

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: Niko Stark.8932

Niko Stark.8932

I find it pathetic that some commanders coordinate with the enemy to make sure there are no fights between zergs. Really, really pathetic.

I’ve done that before and so far I heard no complaints from the players in my squad.

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

EOTM is a PvEvP environment, similar to that of quote-un-quote “normal” WvW. The reason I say “normal” is because EOTM is not a competitive WvW format, the score counts towards nothing, and is therefore meaningless. I cannot say that playing street hockey, for example, isn’t fun because it’s not the NHL, but the points don’t matter therefore most people won’t take is seriously.
A lot of people enjoy karmatraining. As far as I’m concerned, it’s not what ANet had in mind when designing EOTM, but it’s what those people enjoy doing. I don’t think they would do it every day for hours a day if they didn’t. I understand your desire to engage in large scale player versus player, but the vast majority of people don’t enjoy doing that in EOTM. Forcing what you enjoy on these people makes you no better than they for forcing what they enjoy on you. It’d be like if they came to Eternal Battlegrounds and complained that people were defending towers. People would call them noob and whisper them cruel things, because that person would be a fish out of water so to speak. You’re no different doing what you’re doing in EOTM.
Beginning with something that shares little in common with “normal” WvW isn’t a good way to learn. Join Eternal Battlegrounds or a borderland, you don’t need to be an expert to participate. Do what you please and if you enjoy defending things or attacking other players it’s much more acceptable in a regular WvW zone.

Let me be clear, I understand your wishes to have EOTM operate more like traditional WvW. The fact of the matter is, unfortunately, that the vast majority in EOTM disagree and they enjoy doing what they’re doing. It really isn’t fair to ruin their fun in favor of yours.
I rarely ever set foot in EOTM unless I’m waiting on a Q for exactly this reason. I don’t enjoy karmatraining (or not for long periods of time) so I don’t stay there any longer than I have to.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

As someone said earlier, it’s all down to the Commander. Some of them will avoid all fights and only go for undefended structures. Some (usually in Frostreach) will hunker down in Blue and build up crazy defenses and repel all attackers, occasionally venturing out to cap stuff when Red/Green give up and go elsewhere. Some (my favourites) alternate between the two; they go out and karma train, but on reports from scouts or just spotting orange swords on the map, will change directions and fall on the unexpecting enemy zerg like a thunderbolt. One time we sandwiched an Overgrowth zerg on the bridge between Stonegaze and the reactor and slowly, inexorably crushed them all. They had nowhere to run and eventually their zerg members started jumping off the bridge rather than face death at our hands.

Another time Badlands was capping our Statuary and our Commander saw it and cut across the central area. We rampaged down the central bridge and right into the BL zerg who were all too busy focusing on the Grawl champ to notice us coming. (I decided to help out the poor Champ by using Tornado and running into the middle of the players all stacked around the Champ. Knocked a bunch of them out into the Grawl’s quicksand skill, which basically trapped them all in constant stunlock and sitting ducks for the rest of the zerg that came in behind me.)

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

gave up on eotm as its just a train

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

im not trying to defend the ktrain in eotm, but whats the point of defending and trying to win? it doesnt help your server. also if you wanted to fight other feel free. but if your a sheep following a huge herd/zerg dont expect to others to follow you.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

No sense of community = no one cares (in EoTM’s case: about winning or losing).

That’s why it’s just a big k-train. Megaservers in PvE: same problem. Anet should have learned something from the failure of EoTM.

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

You guyz killed wvw for most playerz with all your defending and siege bullkitten and going nuts with asking for scouts. You guyz made wvw a borefest …..and now you can´t stop this when the players who are bored with your wvw playstyle just do EOTM?

seriously – even when delete eotm the players will not come back to wvw cause it is simply boring how you play it

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

To learn wvw as a new player i suggest going to eternal battleground. It is where most pugs go to wvw. Depending on the skill of the commander you follow there will dictate wether or not you experience map hopping. Borderlands are a little more high pressure than EB, but it can be a place to learn small man skirmishing and guild operations.

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Next time if a big karma zerg wants to avoid a organized guild, please jump from cliff.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

The general consensus that I witnessed around players from EotM (players that actually play there a lot, not self-righteous forum warrios) was that the train should be kept going and to leave the other colours alone if they leave you alone. Sure, there are always a few who want to fight the other colours but always a few. People want to ktrain and ANet has delivered a place where this can be done without any major harm to the other areas where they previously did this. There is a reason EotM guilds have sprung up to make the farm better.

Reward from loot bags is junk and you guys (should) know it. It is not worth it. There is a reason WvW-only players are never wealthy and this is a part of it.

People go to EotM for karma, WXP and mats and, as such, they usually bring low level chars to get mid-tier drops (to salvage into mid-tier mats, where the cash is).

Players who make a point in farming these low level chars are not only lame for disregarding a player consensus which benefits all sides, but downright malicious. You like roaming, fighting and defending objectives? Go to the BL or EB. Not only are the fights there much, much more interesting, but you will be actually helping your server and working together with your fellow servermates towards your server’s victory. What is there to gain from beating up people who have no chance against you for junk loot AND no advantage to your server? What possible satisfaction can a normal human being find in such a thing?! You do it simply because you can? I find such players worthy of only contempt.

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: unicorngirl.1487

unicorngirl.1487

I’ve done that before and so far I heard no complaints from the players in my squad.

Yeah? I consider it cheating, and you should be banned for it. In other MMOs it’s a bannable offence.

And as for “hunting people down” you’re welcome to try, but my guild would destroy yours in a fair fight.

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

you may want to learn to relax a little bit

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: Cambeleg.7632

Cambeleg.7632

Honestly, I prefer -so far- Ktrains in EOTM than roaming Borderland or Eternal maps. EOTM, as many people said, is not a proper WvW map, but a ‘wait-to-enter-into-WvW’ map when those are full. So where is the problem about Ktrains into EOTM? Any. Do you want WvW fights? Easy: avoid EOTM and go ahead.

About these sentences saying WvW isn’t a place for skilled players… respectfully, I’ll laugh about it. If you want a high-skilled players ambient, go to sPvP; but WvW gives skillful also, ‘cos if you try to spam key 1 all time, trust me… you won’t survive a minute there out.

About this phrase: <Yeah? I consider it cheating, and you should be banned for it. In other MMOs it’s a bannable offence.> Why cheating? If all sides are agree with Ktrain stuff, where is the cheat? Just ‘cos you’re not agree with them, it means they’re cheating? Reconsider your thoughts. Cheating is using exploits for killing players without risk (as happened not so long time ago in Eternal map, for example), but this? No.

Oh, and btw, about this point:

<And as for “hunting people down” you’re welcome to try, but my guild would destroy yours in a fair fight.>

Ehm… seriously, you say to be a relative new player, and has this level of knowledge about WvW/GvG? Really? This makes me think your post is just a rage-quit post against others who -probably- smashed your head in the way to some tower. Reconsider this too, please.

I’ll repeat it: I prefer -so far- Ktrains in EOTM than roaming Borderland or Eternal maps. Let Karma/mats farmers fill EOTM, so WvW players will be able to coordinate, enjoy and fight without issues and long waiting lists in the real WvW maps.

Its really just that simple.

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: Oniyui.8279

Oniyui.8279

EotM is a beautiful competitive map with fantastic competitive mechanics that are wasted on karma trains that completely ignore and discourage anything that would get in the way of exploiting their easy rewards system.

Anet should just make a Facebook game that links to your gw2 account and provides lavish rewards for minimal work, with a little avatar to display the fancy clothes you earn.

Then when half the zerg that was only in it for the easy and efficient farm leaves, perhaps rework the rewards of EotM so there’s rewards for holding ground & for winning.

edit: also worth considering… mirroring the map in spvp for a larger scale spvp format. For siege… use the existing resource nodes for gathering a currency to purchase siege with.

(edited by Oniyui.8279)

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Lol, I was trying to give some helpful advice until I checked back on the thread to see OP throwing a tantrum.
It’s all coming together… You’re not used to not getting your way so you’re throwing a fit over it. Not everyone has to enjoy what you enjoy. As I’ve said in my initial post, some people like karmatraining, EOTM is the best place to do that, group wiping karmatrains in EOTM is actually a lot more pathetic than the karmatrain itself.. There’s no challenge, no reward and I can’t see it being very fun for any longer than an hour. All you’re doing is griefing people. Go to a real borderland and challenge yourselves against people who actually want to fight instead of being a pest…

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

Less QQ

More Choo Choo

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

You wanna give the example:
1- Tag up
2- Show people how much fun they can have crushing the other zergs

You’ll find on when you log back on that a new commander is doing the same thing and not just karma training.

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

The few people, including the OP, are coming off as nothing more than grievers looking to justify their actions. No matter if it’s out of jealousy or malice, it’s just grieving. For EotM itself, if a high majority of players want to choo choo around the map, then that is what the game mode will be.

The games participation level is continuing to diminish. You few grievers, by lessening the fun of the majority, will only make participation diminish faster.

btw… OP, you really do not sound like a “new player”. Either that or you are just regurgitating things your guild lead said. Which is funny since I don’t know a single WvW Guild leader whom has any concerns about what goes on in EotM.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: Elestian.6134

Elestian.6134

If you want to karma train, great! Do it. If you want to defend or get some kills, go for it. It should be as simple as that.

Players aren’t entitled to the cooperation of their teammates in this regard any more than they’re entitled to the cooperation of their opponents.

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Romek.4201

1- Tag up

You’ll find on when you log back on that a new commander is doing the same thing and not just karma training.

no – because it isnt fun to run around in a zerg and hunt for peoples – its jsut pathetic aoe spam to farm lowlvls and get bags for it with nothing in than crap

a stacks with this bags is not even 10g and you need some hours for this – simply not worth

for pvp i go spvp – wvw/eotm is for farm

(edited by Romek.4201)

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I killed some dude in sPvP and he start to whine that i should read rules and told me that it’s farm server. Much more fun go PvP in EotM. Players are more skilled too.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: burzak.9352

burzak.9352

@Romek, Wvw and Eotm is not farming, it’s large scale pvp. Farming is in pve, if you want to farm go to pve otherwise stop crying if you die in wvw. Pvp is good but it’s boring as well, i love to make pvers from eotm cry because they die in large scale pvp. It’s wvw, large scale pvp, these pvers should put that into their brain. Maybe if they don’t have one then..

Ruins of Surmia Commander
Burzakonis – Leader of Encrypted [EPIC]

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

1- Tag up

no – because it isnt fun to run around in a zerg and hunt for peoples – its jsut pathetic aoe spam to farm lowlvls and get bags for it with nothing in than crap

a stacks with this bags is not even 10g and you need some hours for this – simply not worth

for pvp i go spvp – wvw/eotm is for farm

EOTM isn’t for “farm”, its a large 3-way WvW arena where anything can happen.
Most of us do not need to farm at all, we already have everything we need and are more concerned about having fun playing the game.

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Romek.4201

@Romek, Wvw and Eotm is not farming, it’s large scale pvp. Farming is in pve, if you want to farm go to pve otherwise stop crying if you die in wvw. Pvp is good but it’s boring as well, i love to make pvers from eotm cry because they die in large scale pvp. It’s wvw, large scale pvp, these pvers should put that into their brain. Maybe if they don’t have one then..

for me there is no difference in eotm/wvw and pve farm events – its all the same

i can not call it competive (pvp) when a zerg is running in other zerg spamming aoe
its simply not and this so called large scale pvp (lol) is absolut same as when a pve zerg farm melandru events – everone spam aoes and trie to tag everything – silly

when you have fun with this fine – for me its just farm

(edited by Romek.4201)

"Ktrain" PvErs in EOTM

in WvW

Posted by: burzak.9352

burzak.9352

For me PVE is noob, because you not fighting something which have a brain. 20 people can easly kill 40 if they are skilled in wvw. You can’t see the difference if you are pver, you just care about karma nothing else. If you don’t like wvw, don’t join it.

Ruins of Surmia Commander
Burzakonis – Leader of Encrypted [EPIC]