New WvW blog post June 1 2017

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

./bug

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Bopha Debs.3290

Bopha Debs.3290

I got to the part where they told roamers and havok groups that they are not as important as k-trainers because they don’t gain wvw rank as fast and and it made me sad, But then I saw that the backpack was pretty much a ballista just like in the joke post a while back and I remembered that this is a ncsoft game so who really cares am I right?

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

I don’t know if this has been brought up, But what about controlling the mismatched matchups? IE the T3 matchup with Maguma (rank 2) vs NSP (rank 11) vs (SBI rank 6)?

Currently this matchup? How will going into matchups like this affect pips for the servers who cannot win a single skirmish due to the imbalance?

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

there was a reddit post by a dev saying they are moving to one up one down after they launched the rewards update, which could lead to month pairings vs two month as they said the glicko was the reason they went 2 months vs 1.

edit: Heres teh source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6co28x/anet_glicko_needs_to_go/

(edited by neven.3785)

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Did anyone else notice that WvW players get a new glider skin? I guess it goes with the extra stacks of might on the mesmer phantasms!

Aside from that, this is looking OK, but I would rather the weekly rewards be based on your performance compared with the rest of your own server, instead of having to win skirmishes against a bandwagon server.

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I got to the part where they told roamers and havok groups that they are not as important as k-trainers because they don’t gain wvw rank as fast and and it made me sad, But then I saw that the backpack was pretty much a ballista just like in the joke post a while back and I remembered that this is a ncsoft game so who really cares am I right?

Agree with ya on the roamers and havoc groups comment. That is my favorite mode of wvw, too.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: Pensadora.9478

Pensadora.9478

Will k-training in EOTM still give WEXP and help players rank up, or is that going to over once this patch lands?

GM of [MAS] – Might and Smarts – WvW
http://www.mas4eva.enjin.com/

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Given that there is a squad commander bonus, what if people want to run tagless, how to take advantage of this bonus then?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Given that there is a squad commander bonus, what if people want to run tagless, how to take advantage of this bonus then?

You don’t.

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Did anyone else notice that WvW players get a new glider skin? I guess it goes with the extra stacks of might on the mesmer phantasms!

Aside from that, this is looking OK, but I would rather the weekly rewards be based on your performance compared with the rest of your own server, instead of having to win skirmishes against a bandwagon server.

Well in a way it is. Skirmish victory points has nothing to do with getting pip points, you don’t have to win skirmishes to earn points. Earning warscore and your placement every 5 minutes is what will determine your points. I don’t expect there will be a huge difference in pip scoring between 1st-3rd, as it sounds like they wanted to make sure stacked servers didn’t have a huge advantage with this.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

I don’t know if this has been brought up, But what about controlling the mismatched matchups? IE the T3 matchup with Maguma (rank 2) vs NSP (rank 11) vs (SBI rank 6)?

Currently this matchup? How will going into matchups like this affect pips for the servers who cannot win a single skirmish due to the imbalance?

i think that is part of the WvW design, all that the minor servers need to do i cap back stuctures and keep making gameplay for the bigger server to continue ktrain.

WvW was initially designed to have a big server vs a smaller server vs a very small server, reason dev did the green for servers that won matches, and red for servers that loose, usually what derterminates winner and looser its the population mismatch/gap.

The concept is flawed by design, where population gap is not where the problem is, but what population can due w/o effort or have any counter play / atrition, and map design are way to friendly for the ktrain happens with no effort, ence why players hate to go on offense in DBL.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

neven.3785

why would you expect a bonus? If you want to be exclusive and not show the map where your group is running, then you do not deserve the bonus. Generally if you want to run closed with a tag, most people respect that, and if they dont, learn to shake pugs and they’ll leave you alone.

in WvW

Posted by: Haematic.4913

Haematic.4913

Will map sizes be increased for the upcoming population increases to WvW?

How will everyone be able to experience the new content?

I’m expecting to see 50+ queues across all 4 maps.

Fort Aspenwood – Haematic, Inclina Deus
http://youtube.com/haematic4913
http://twitch.tv/haematic

in WvW

Posted by: Limodriver.4106

Limodriver.4106

since queue is going to be massive when are u guys going to put in 2 min grace period for ppl to relog or crash?

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

will be temporary wit the current aoe/condi spam metas, alot pve players will get back to their pve gameplay…

in WvW

Posted by: CaboSoul.1204

CaboSoul.1204

Seeing as how we are getting “Skirmish Claim Tickets” what will happen to the “WvW Tournament Claim Tickets”?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Tournament_Claim_Ticket

in WvW

neven.3785

Will map sizes be increased for the upcoming population increases to WvW?

How will everyone be able to experience the new content?

I’m expecting to see 50+ queues across all 4 maps.

they better not increase pop caps, i hope BG and mag get 4 maps each queued with a 40 man wait on the BLs(and naturally a 150 ebg queue). People need to learn the drawback of over stacking servers for brain dead farming vs engaging gameplay.

in WvW

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

Seeing as how we are getting “Skirmish Claim Tickets” what will happen to the “WvW Tournament Claim Tickets”?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Tournament_Claim_Ticket

It states in the article that tournament claim tickets will become Skirmish claim tickets…..

in WvW

Posted by: meerfunkuhtron.9725

meerfunkuhtron.9725

why would you expect a bonus? If you want to be exclusive and not show the map where your group is running, then you do not deserve the bonus. Generally if you want to run closed with a tag, most people respect that, and if they dont, learn to shake pugs and they’ll leave you alone.

Yeah, SkyShroud, why would you want to get rewarded for playing the game other than how Anet wants you to play?? /sarcasm
They’re continuously killing off the roaming/tagless population, and for what reason, I really can’t understand why. There’s always different ways people enjoyed WvW, either with a big group, small and more private groups with friends, and then there’s roamers. But apparently, unless you join the zerg train, rewards aren’t for you…

Sorry, neven. The cynicism wasn’t towards your response, just my overall attitude towards WvW atm.

(edited by meerfunkuhtron.9725)

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

They’re continuously killing off the roaming/tagless population, and for what reason, I really can’t understand why. There’s always different ways people enjoyed WvW, either with a big group, small and more private groups with friends, and then there’s roamers. But apparently, unless you join the zerg train, rewards aren’t for you…

Sorry, neven. The cynicism wasn’t towards your response, just my overall attitude towards WvW atm.

I don’t think that’s true. The caravan-for-upgrade system gives a lot of incentive for small groups to flip camps and kill caravans. It also puts incentive into attacking towers, especially if they’re either about to upgrade from yaks, or about to hit the claimed time required to queue up a watchtower.

Smaller havoc groups are very important right now, as are lone roamers.

in WvW

neven.3785

how is 5 people “roaming” having their game play ruined by not getting the commanders bonus? In the end, those 5 roamers tend to be a gank squad attributing to very little matchup wise except for killing stragglers and chest thumping. Their game play will remain just the same anyways, except now they may have more than solo and duo roamers trying to get their camp/sentry daily done to kill.

in WvW

meerfunkuhtron.9725

how is 5 people “roaming” having their game play ruined by not getting the commanders bonus? In the end, those 5 roamers tend to be a gank squad attributing to very little matchup wise except for killing stragglers and chest thumping. Their game play will remain just the same anyways, except now they may have more than solo and duo roamers trying to get their camp/sentry daily done to kill.

My problem is not that people who run in zergs get rewarded, but rather, those who don’t receive little. As someone pointed out, lone players/scouts and roamers have a place in this game mode, and important ones at that. As a scout, I’ve been able to help save keeps that otherwise would have been lost if no one was there checking. People like to build sieges and keep them up, check on spots that have swords, flip camps to make sure their tower or keep reaches the higher tier, etc. etc. …Useful things that do benefit the larger group as a whole without being a part of the zerg. Each group, large or small, plays an integral part. What I’m seeing is that one group, the large one, only gets the positive attention and benefits while the others do not. What’s the downside for rewarding people running around on their own the same way big groups are?

in WvW

meerfunkuhtron.9725

I don’t think that’s true. The caravan-for-upgrade system gives a lot of incentive for small groups to flip camps and kill caravans. It also puts incentive into attacking towers, especially if they’re either about to upgrade from yaks, or about to hit the claimed time required to queue up a watchtower.

Smaller havoc groups are very important right now, as are lone roamers.

Thanks, I’ll look back at the update and see what I might have missed.

Edit: Nvm, I was reminded that what you mentioned was something they rolled out a while back.
My gripe is more on the “moar gifts for zerglings/none for roamers!” thing, with how this reward system is set up.

in WvW

XenesisII.1540

Are we really complaining about 1 person (the commander not even his squad) that will earn the bonus which might even be minor?

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Admin edit: Adding link to today’s full blog post. (Thank you Adzekul.)

“If you’ve been playing on the same world for at least three weeks”

Respect

Hope this has a positive impact on the game mode. My feelings on the other 4 points are mixed, but the weekly reset idea might simply overrule those concerns. Let’s see how it works.

This does look like a tremendous boon to the matches. I hope our serverhopping colleagues come to the conclusion that it is worthwhile remaining on one world, whichever it ends up being.

Legendary back item from WvW. Looks good in principle, but will wait until full details of all tiers are posted. Some bright spark in team chat said you had to be in Tier 1 to get it, but I see no evidence for this.

The backpack looks really pretty in that picture, I hope this can impress the PvE players enough to lure them into an extended stay in WvW, and I hope they see it as a carrot and not the stick that they seem to perceive Gift of Battle as.

Overall it looks like a very positive update with things that players have asked for directly or voted for.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

The only negative I see is this encourages afk botters (or even semi-coherent background playing on WvW maps) for the pip rewards inside starting areas/keeps. There will be a lot of bottom-feeding negativity and WvW regulars that won’t get on the battleground maps as freely as they do now on all tiers to respond to call outs.

Will ANet bring back more monitors/GMs for reporting on all times of the day to help alleviate the botter upsurge that will happen?

The other unknown is whether this will create a havoc/guild private teams (more commander tags) versus warscore (get in the zerg! and PPT) push community/team chat issues. I can see some issues here as player drama kills the WvW fun factor. This is where the PIP bonus point balance needs to tweaked for sure and fast. I’d honestly like to see the bonus PIP for either (a) commander tag w/ 5 following or (b) enemy player kill within that 5-minute window.

(edited by Artaz.3819)

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Pretty hype. Really looking forward to it.

Can we expect to see any other rewards added? I’ve already cleared all the good reward tracks!

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

XenesisII.1540

The only negative I see is this encourages afk botters (or even semi-coherent background playing on WvW maps) for the pip rewards inside starting areas/keeps. There will be a lot of bottom-feeding negativity and WvW regulars that won’t get on the battleground maps as freely as they do now on all tiers to respond to call outs.

Will ANet bring back more monitors/GMs for reporting on all times of the day to help alleviate the botter upsurge that will happen?

The other unknown is whether this will create a havoc/guild private teams (more commander tags) versus warscore (get in the zerg! and PPT) push community/team chat issues. I can see some issues here as player drama kills the WvW fun factor. This is where the PIP bonus point balance needs to tweaked for sure and fast. I’d honestly like to see the bonus PIP for either (a) commander tag w/ 5 following or (b) enemy player kill within that 5-minute window.

In addition, to discourage transferring for rewards, you can only earn pips if you have not transferred recently and if you have earned WvW participation.

You’re not going to get much of that sitting in a keep afk.

Pretty hype. Really looking forward to it.

Can we expect to see any other rewards added? I’ve already cleared all the good reward tracks!

The Skirmish reward track awards WvW-specific items such as improvements, tactics, siege, tricks, and traps, as well as other rewards. It also grants Tournament Tickets—now called Skirmish Claim Tickets—which will allow you to purchase both exotic and ascended Tier 2 WvW weapons, armor, and more from the Skirmish Supervisor vendor.

(edited by XenesisII.1540)

in WvW

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

Legendary armor inc before end of expansion for wvw’ers, surprised they are releasing both tier 2 and 3 precursor armor this patch though, they must of been sitting on them for a while.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

in WvW

XenesisII.1540

Legendary armor inc before end of expansion for wvw’ers, surprised they are releasing both tier 2 and 3 precursor armor this patch though, they must of been sitting on them for a while.

Pfft you must have forgotten the order, spvp will receive it first then wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Shazmataz.1423

Shazmataz.1423

Thanks very much for this wvw update, it looks encouraging and takes into account a number of things that have been commented upon in the wvw forums.

The server loyalty is definitely a move in the right direction and I would actually like to see a longer stand down for changing servers. Server hopping is not good for the game.

The positive move to reward 5 man havoc is also good, havoc on some servers is almost absent but important for wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Kir Sakar.3647

Kir Sakar.3647

My problem is not that people who run in zergs get rewarded, but rather, those who don’t receive little. As someone pointed out, lone players/scouts and roamers have a place in this game mode, and important ones at that.

Roamers (solo or small groups) are rewarded under the new sytem just as commanders are. You just have to roam while being outnumbered. Players running with the zerg will rarely receive this bonus.

Charr Chronomancer | Asura Tempest | Charr Druid | Charr Guardian
(Seafarer’s Rest, EU)

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

But, tagless still doing their part for the server….why are you so mean to tagless?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Kir Sakar.3647

Kir Sakar.3647

But, tagless still doing their part for the server….why are you so mean to tagless?

Then, what would be the difference between a capable commander running tagless with his guild and say… me, running around “tagless” with my little noob-casual-friends guild? Would I deserve that reward as well?

The tag reward is not meant for some form of participation but for showing up on the map (and being an orientation/help in some form to other players).

Charr Chronomancer | Asura Tempest | Charr Druid | Charr Guardian
(Seafarer’s Rest, EU)

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

My main concern is that you lose all progress at the end of a match up each week- unlike a progress bar on a pvp reward track, which stays there forever.

It’s going to be very annoying being one pip short of completing a bar at the end of a match up, and then people will work out that if they ain’t done by a certain day they won’t make it and won’t bother. Some might not even make a whole bar in a week, so be forever at none completed.

Progress needs to carry over week to week, otherwise scouts/roamers etc will be badly penalised.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I’m going to assume that somebody at Anet has “tested” the War Score and pip system using the current matchups.

Would it be possible to post the data for the current matchups in terms of of the new scoring system as well as average pips/player for each server?

I’m curious how the NA T3 matchup would look like under the new system. Currently the winner of this match has won all but one skirmish.

in WvW

meerfunkuhtron.9725

My problem is not that people who run in zergs get rewarded, but rather, those who don’t receive little. As someone pointed out, lone players/scouts and roamers have a place in this game mode, and important ones at that.

Roamers (solo or small groups) are rewarded under the new sytem just as commanders are. You just have to roam while being outnumbered. Players running with the zerg will rarely receive this bonus.

Right, I just don’t think that outnumbered thing would pop up often enough. Most of the time, when a map is outnumbered and a zerg is spotted, we call for back up. But I’ll say that I’m more hopeful (in spite of my skepticism) of this part of the update than the other ones in bringing some semblance of balance, at least when it comes to getting rewarded. We shall see!

in WvW

XenesisII.1540

I wouldn’t even worry about about the pip rewards all that much, It’ll probably just be a week long reward track that resets every week, and doesn’t even have a huge reward at the end.

The main thing here is the skirmish reward track is the one that will give out the tickets to get your ascended gear, and wvw only rewards.

in WvW

Posted by: Jwake.7013

Jwake.7013

I am genuinely enthusiastic about this update, can’t wait to see it all in game. The Legendary backpack looks pretty awesome, really wanna see the animations on it!

in WvW

Posted by: Andromeda.8293

Andromeda.8293

I’m going to assume that somebody at Anet has “tested” the War Score and pip system using the current matchups.

Would it be possible to post the data for the current matchups in terms of of the new scoring system as well as average pips/player for each server?

I’m curious how the NA T3 matchup would look like under the new system. Currently the winner of this match has won all but one skirmish.

This is an A++ suggestion.

in WvW

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

What I really want is BUILD SWITCHING. I want to be able to set up armor, weapons, etc. and have them automatically change when I go between WvW and PVE (and PvP) so I can stop getting into trouble because I have the wrong stuff on every time I switch modes.

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

This update looks really good.

TY Anet.

CCCP….

in WvW

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

I like the fact, that we now get our own legendary backpack and new rewards. The update seems good so far.

The only problematic idea is this point:
“Whether you’re commanding a squad with at least five people in it.”

Anet, you know how people behave: Hey there is something to abuse! Let’s do that even if it annoys the others!

There is no need for tons of commandertags as it is not hard to find 5 people… That’ll be annoying as f*** for the actual commanders…

If I had to guess, this modification is Anet’s attempt to stop, or at least limit, the main complaint of Wvw ‘blobbing’. But I see this as a massive abuse mechanism. Like guilds who will ‘rotate’ tags within a group to get their folks the pips, etc.

in WvW

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

So excited! I can’t wait for the updates to go live, looks like I came back to gw2 just in time rofl

The changes for commanders make alot of sense to me. Especially improving their rewards since they have to throw expensive siege. Wvw barely earned enough to cover that cost.

gaem not made for mi
===========

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

A thought occurred to me … since I play both Edge of the Mists and The Mist War … does all of this only apply to The Mist War, or does it apply to Edge of the Mists also?

Skirmishes are only part of The Mist War and not part of EoTM. Because of that pips cannot be earned while in EoTM. However, vendors for both the backpack and skirmish rewards will be in EoTM in case of queues.

EOTM will be dead come Tuesday. Pretty unfortunate.

Sounds good to me, it can be what it was meant to be an overflow map.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Draeyon.4392

Draeyon.4392

So from how I understand it with regards to rewards,
Tier 1 will be just the exotic weapons/armor
Tier 2 will be ascended armor (similar to the mark systems for Fractals and PvP)
Tier 3 will be another armor set, won’t require crafting (could be mystic forged though so maybe some mats needed)

Might actually start getting some ascended weapons now.
Hopefully the medium armor skins are good and don’t have trenchcoats (too many of those already )

Edit: also, as long as the exotic weapons/armors can get HoT stats, I’m happy with that.

(edited by Draeyon.4392)

in WvW

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

In addition, to discourage transferring for rewards, you can only earn pips if you have not transferred recently and if you have earned WvW participation.

You’re not going to get much of that sitting in a keep afk.

PIPs are PIPs. If you are sitting in a keep/starting area and getting 2-4 PIPs for 1st/2nd/3rd from the team score while sitting around and get an extra for being on the same server for 3 weeks…well, you can guess exactly what’s going to happen.

Tag something and sit for 10 minutes…repeat.

Event complete/failure (dolyaks escort takes very little to get and enemy can still kill it)
Use siege against any enemy structure (treb/cata from safety of walls)
Killing some NPC that gives wvw xp*
Tagging enemy towers/keeps*

(*) sitting in perma-stealth for the remainder time

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I am pretty excited as a player who has hung in there since launch, at least wvw is getting some attention and love from anet.

in WvW

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

This is the same as last time, claiming to work on WvW, release some QoL changes, release some DLC, sorry expansion, gullible players buy the expansion, no WvW updates for 2 more years!

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

whats the rank required for each armor tier? and Legendary back?

Over 9000,
Haha I tell bad jokes ;-)

I’ve been playing wvw forever as a moderate and I’m rank 2600ish. My highest guildy is like 4-5kish.

The armor probably won’t be over 1-2k because max used points are only 1k. The legendary backpack maybe 5-10k if they truely want it to mean legendary.

But they probably won’t go that crazy as they don’t want to box people out of rewards by a huge time sink. This should also be a promotion to bring in new people. Look to the Achievements Point rewards for an idea, it was set too low on the low end (nobody uses zenith skins) and way too high on the high end(have never seen the backpack) but ultimately gives newer players a chance at something and veterans a long term goal.

I have a feeling it’ll be akin to post-update WvW titles. Remember the ridiculous requirement for stuff like Yakslapper? Then they watered it down to 2,500 kills which is in reach for anyone and their mum’s brown dog pretty much.

I have a feeling the “T3 stuff” won’t be any higher than 3-4k. Then again ANet could surprise us and give those long term vets who are sitting around 7k+ something special. Would be nice.