Patchnotes regarding WvW, May 28th

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Also a bit disappointed about the 25 laurels. It’s 10 laurels less, sure, but still nowhere near the rate people have been gettin them in Fractals for 7 months now.

The patch is an improvement all around though nothin bad in it (’cept the infusions are really awkward, do they even add any stats other than damage against guards?) . Longer siege times, loot for gainin WvW ranks, easier to gain WvW ranks are all welcome.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

So this took them… 3 months? Nice progress since then….
not

Hurray 10 laurels per ring less. So basicly its 10 days less farming pve crap for at least 3 months of waiting for asc items to come in WvW. kitten they are stupid

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Volkon, if that is the case then wonderful. We shall see I suppose.

Trust the grumpy ol’ Asura. I may talk a lot, but it’s only to dazzle you with brilliance, not baffle you with yak-crap.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Not particularly surprised about the laurel costs but still disappointed. Was hoping I’d have more use for my badges.

The rank chests sound interesting though.

People who have already achieved very high ranks in WvW get shafted since it will take them forever to get the chests they’ve already earned.

(edited by Israel.7056)

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Volkon, if that is the case then wonderful. We shall see I suppose.

Trust the grumpy ol’ Asura. I may talk a lot, but it’s only to dazzle you with brilliance, not baffle you with yak-crap.

But… but… but I like yaks, they’re hairy and fussy and cute <3

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

(’cept the infusions are really awkward, do they even add any stats other than damage against guards?)

I’m hoping they are +4 or +5 Power/Precision/etc in addition to the +Guard damage/defense, but I’m not getting my hopes up.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

I like how people are at the same time complaining that they want to be able to get ascended items from ONLY WvW and now that you can they say its to expensive and they can just PvE fractals for them. Really guys?? Also its like you all missed the part where the rank chests drop ascended rings.

They made it much easier to get laurels in WvW now with 3 parts of the daily being WvW oriented AND you can easily gather and get the remaining daily in WvW maps now.

in WvW

Posted by: Royce Melborn.3276

Royce Melborn.3276

I can agree with everyone here… the amount of laurels needed is ridiculous.
Make it half the laurels and three times the badges or something like that. What’s the point of this now?
Such a joke!

Ruins of Surmia (EU)
[Jd] Jam Death
“Work, Hustle, Kill”

in WvW

styx.7294

I like how people are at the same time complaining that they want to be able to get ascended items from ONLY WvW and now that you can they say its to expensive and they can just PvE fractals for them. Really guys?? Also its like you all missed the part where the rank chests drop ascended rings.

They made it much easier to get laurels in WvW now with 3 parts of the daily being WvW oriented AND you can easily gather and get the remaining daily in WvW maps now.

Hm, I did miss rings from chests when I was making my post. Thanks for reminding me =)

I do feel better now.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Nak.8315

Nak.8315

So…. I have to play hours of WvWvW to get a handful of Badges and then hours of PvE to get Laurels? … Check. I think I’ll choose the option to do without thanks. Ask Mythic how things worked out for them when they forced PvE on the people who only enjoyed RvRvR. (Hint ToA).

Hours?
I’ve been completing both the Monthy and Daily for several months not even leaving the WvW Zones. One or two of the selections might make you craft something, talk to a vendor or buy some Karma but 90% of the stuff was done while Doing WvW. Adding a Second WvW event in the daily made it even easier, and now its going to be Trivial with a Third. 3 WvW Related things, Gather + Some other random thing.

I don’t see what the crying is for, did you guys honestly expect AN to make it dirt cheap so everyone would have full Ascendant Gear? They wanted to add an alternate path to get, not an easier path.

Keep in mind you still have a chance to get a Ring with every WvW Level and they doubled the amount of WXP from Events.

Nak
Call of Fate[CoF]
Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Azaruil.3406

Azaruil.3406

•Added a laurel merchant selling Ascended items: •Ascended rings can be purchased for 25 laurels and 250 badges of honor.
•Ascended amulets can be purchased for 20 laurels and 250 badges of honor.
•Ascended accessories can be purchased for 40 laurels and 50 globs of ectoplasm.
•WvW-specific infusions have been added and can be purchased for 5 laurels and 125 badges of honor. •Offensive infusions provide players with +1% damage to guards and lords.
•Defensive infusions provide players with -1% damage to guards and lords.

I can’t tell if the Arena-net employees responsible for this are intentionally trolling us or completely oblivious to what WvW players want.

25 laurels for a ring? Because it takes 25 days for someone doing fractals to get a ring right?

edit: Oh wow, we have a small chance to randomly get a ring that wouldn’t work on our characters build, giving us useless stats? How awesome. rolls eyes

Aza
“I smell like pomegranate.”

in WvW

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

(’cept the infusions are really awkward, do they even add any stats other than damage against guards?)

I’m hoping they are +4 or +5 Power/Precision/etc in addition to the +Guard damage/defense, but I’m not getting my hopes up.

I’d rather them have the agony resist built in. So far that effect is the only thing worth spending a dime to get infusions. And that way we won’t have to farm two ascended sets to do both WvW and fractals.

in WvW

Posted by: mrmadhaze.8706

mrmadhaze.8706

Thanks devs for the more pve in wvw!!! we need it!!!!! i play wvw only for gathering and for kill npcs for the daily!!! ty a lot!

Is this sarcasm? o_O

laurels and ectos for ascended items, and infusions against npcs. So no, it’s not sarcasm.

We’ll chalk it up to a lack of full comprehension then. Laurels come easy enough that I have ascended everything except the back piece right now. They’ll be even easier with the changes to dailies. The monthly is about to reset, if you haven’t finished it there’s 10 more waiting for you and 10 more about to become available.

Indeed man, but cmon.. im in wvw for the pvp not becouse i like waiting and farming dailies or ectos while i have tons of badges. It’s a kitten joke!
There is the pve for this things

There are three (now) daily items that are WvW specific. In addition, things like daily kills, kill variety, gathering, etc. all suppliment WvW and should be a part of your play regardless. Gathering, for example, is quite useful for superior siege. Mystic Forge uses for the same… save your stuff and when that one pops up it’s a freebie. Salvaging is another freebie. Laurels are ridiculously easy to get in WvW, it’s just a matter of paying attention. Maybe you need to kill five yaks. Well, go kill five yaks. Fix a wall, Make bad guys go dead. Mine some mithril and chop some wood. Make superior ACs. Piece of cake.

Oh god..
A wvw item obtained with dailies means that you need to farm every day. Yes farm. Becouse even if you need 1 minute per daily oblige to do that thing mean force to farm every single day for a kitten gear. And again im not in wvw maps for kill npcs.
Ty for the lesson but i dont need it

in WvW

Posted by: Beachead.4127

Beachead.4127

The crying is because some of us have thousands of badges with nothing to spend them on. Todays patch may cause me to spend 300 badges in total.. I still have over 5k badges… saved from when Anet said they would release Ascended items in WvW.

Many of us come from other pvp mmos… Anet has done some things well in regards to it but the reward functionality has had a poor execution by them.

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Thanks devs for the more pve in wvw!!! we need it!!!!! i play wvw only for gathering and for kill npcs for the daily!!! ty a lot!

Is this sarcasm? o_O

laurels and ectos for ascended items, and infusions against npcs. So no, it’s not sarcasm.

We’ll chalk it up to a lack of full comprehension then. Laurels come easy enough that I have ascended everything except the back piece right now. They’ll be even easier with the changes to dailies. The monthly is about to reset, if you haven’t finished it there’s 10 more waiting for you and 10 more about to become available.

Indeed man, but cmon.. im in wvw for the pvp not becouse i like waiting and farming dailies or ectos while i have tons of badges. It’s a kitten joke!

There are three (now) daily items that are WvW specific. In addition, things like daily kills, kill variety, gathering, etc. all suppliment WvW and should be a part of your play regardless. Gathering, for example, is quite useful for superior siege. Mystic Forge uses for the same… save your stuff and when that one pops up it’s a freebie. Salvaging is another freebie. Laurels are ridiculously easy to get in WvW, it’s just a matter of paying attention. Maybe you need to kill five yaks. Well, go kill five yaks. Fix a wall, Make bad guys go dead. Mine some mithril and chop some wood. Make superior ACs. Piece of cake.

Oh god..
A wvw item obtained with dailies means that you need to farm every day. Yes farm. Becouse even if you need 1 minute per daily oblige to do that thing mean force to farm every single day for a kitten gear. And again im not in wvw maps for kill npcs.

Oh right, getting badges off players isn’t farming right? I hate to break it to you but doing FotM is a lot harder than zerging around collecting badges.

On another note, SOME people have thousands of badges saved up. Great good for you guys, MANY people dont have any. Its like you guys dont want the WvW populations to be high enough to make good fights, you would rather run around pretending to be elite with your zerg trains. Most of you with thousands of badges probably moved to the highly populated servers as well. Remember that there are NEW players picking this game up all the time.

(edited by displacedTitan.6897)

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

•Added a laurel merchant selling Ascended items: •Ascended rings can be purchased for 25 laurels and 250 badges of honor.
•Ascended accessories can be purchased for 40 laurels and 50 globs of ectoplasm.
•WvW-specific infusions have been added and can be purchased for 5 laurels and 125 badges of honor. •Offensive infusions provide players with +1% damage to guards and lords.

I can’t tell if the Arena-net employees responsible for this are intentionally trolling us or completely oblivious to what WvW players want.

25 laurels for a ring? Because it takes 25 days for someone doing fractals to get a ring right?

edit: Oh wow, we have a small chance to randomly get a ring that wouldn’t work on our characters build, giving us useless stats? How awesome. rolls eyes

This is completely in line with the whole ascended philosophy so far as I see it. The easiest place to get rings has always been Fractals. The easiest way to get amulets has always been dailies. Accessories have always been most cost-effective by doing guild events. This doesn’t change, and they actually did a good job sticking to that philosophy while allowing options outside the intended. Plus, they added rings to the WvW level chests, adding an additional avenue.

Step back, look at it as a whole. It fits nicely, it keeps ascended items relatively gated (intended to take a certain period of time to obtain) and they’ve actually made it a little easier to accomplish. Plus, pre-cursors in the WvW chests! Can’t hate that.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

styx.7294

Is this sarcasm? o_O

Oh god..

You don’t want to make superior siege, you don’t want to mine a handful of nodes in a WvW map as you run by them, kill the NPCs in camps or towers, talk to the laurel NPCs, I mean, like, I dunno man. You don’t have to earn all 40 laurels a month. You can do 25 to get a ring now (assumin a ring doesn’t fall out of a chest). And this is arguin over like +5 power or whatever.

Backpacks are probably the only pain in the kitten item now.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

Is this sarcasm? o_O

Oh god..

Apparently you do. Ascended gear isn’t meant for the single focus player that wants to do one thing and one thing only. They’re meant for more diversified players, and I for one appreciate the fact that they’re making it easier to get them without having to leave WvW if we don’t wish to. I still will on occasion, to stock up on mithril and wood, get some karma chests from Orr (another daily done!), and whatever else supplements my WvW a bit. But that’s me.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

bad… just bad…

in WvW

Posted by: Blackelk.3784

Blackelk.3784

The laurel cost doesn’t come as much of a surprise on rings and neck (not saying its right). It is said really that most WvWers are waiting for something anything from Anet to make the WvW seem worth it and they just keep disappointing us… I just hope Black Desert, Elder Scrolls, or Camelot offer a better system than this laughable disappointment.

The biggest joke is the acc though why even put them in WvW when they cost laurels and ectos lol.

Guild Lead -[MMAC] Mixed Martial Arts and Crafts
Bluntski

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

I’d rather them have the agony resist built in. So far that effect is the only thing worth spending a dime to get infusions. And that way we won’t have to farm two ascended sets to do both WvW and fractals.

I was going to mention Agony, but given the costs of the infusions in PvE, I figured that would just be wishful thinking =/

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: pcpsong.3850

pcpsong.3850

So when are the actual WvWvW changes coming in then?

You know the ones they promised back in January, so far all we’ve had are bug fixes and more PvE content.

Is there any chance this will ever really be ‘GUILD’ wars? or are we destined to see massive blobs forever?!

C’mon ANET this is probably one of the most active parts of your game at the moment, the community has been crying out for real change for ages and you don’t even throw us a few bones to tide us over nope you make arrowcarts insane and just screw WvWvW completely.

Song – Mesmer
[VcY] Velocity – www.velocityeugaming.com

in WvW

Azaruil.3406

This is completely in line with the whole ascended philosophy so far as I see it. The easiest place to get rings has always been Fractals. The easiest way to get amulets has always been dailies. Accessories have always been most cost-effective by doing guild events. This doesn’t change, and they actually did a good job sticking to that philosophy while allowing options outside the intended. Plus, they added rings to the WvW level chests, adding an additional avenue.

Step back, look at it as a whole. It fits nicely, it keeps ascended items relatively gated (intended to take a certain period of time to obtain) and they’ve actually made it a little easier to accomplish. Plus, pre-cursors in the WvW chests! Can’t hate that.

Here is an idea, step back and look at it as a WvW player who is there for the pvp.

It fits nicely with what a PVE player wants. Not what WvW players want. A big draw to GW2 was when they mentioned that one wouldn’t have to PVE to keep on equal footing, gear-wise. That is a big reason why players came to this game. Even with this update, it is FAR easier to obtain items doing fractals, guild stuff etc..

So yes, they are following their philosophy of pve grinding for gear. It is also something they said they wouldn’t do.

Aza

in WvW

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

Why wouldn’t they make it +1% dmg vs Players, sound Op?
+1% defense vs players… cancels it out.

in WvW

Posted by: Okaishi.8320

Okaishi.8320

I actually like most of the WvW updates, the reward chests sound really nice to be honest. And noone has mentioned the siege despawn timer now being 1 hour, which is great (less siege clicking). Burning oil mastery might not be as useless as I anticipated, but I still wouldn’t get it.

The major thing is ofcourse the ascended gear, which everyone is complaining about. I was expecting/hoping something like 1k badges and 10-15 laurels for each piece rather than getting a silly 5 laurel discount for those 250 badges. This is not going to have much of an impact to the large amount of badges I have saved up, I want them to be actually worthwhile.

Edit: The infusions aren’t as bad, seeing they give the stat bonuses as well so it’s not worse than your regular infusion.

Member of TUP on Gandara

(edited by Okaishi.8320)

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

Here is an idea, step back and look at it as a WvW player who is there for the pvp.

It fits nicely with what a PVE player wants. Not what WvW players want. A big draw to GW2 was when they mentioned that one wouldn’t have to PVE to keep on equal footing, gear-wise. That is a big reason why players came to this game. Even with this update, it is FAR easier to obtain items doing fractals, guild stuff etc..

So yes, they are following their philosophy of pve grinding for gear. It is also something they said they wouldn’t do.

Excuse me, but I AM the WvW player there for the PvP. I have both accessories, two rings and an amulet already that are ascended. It isn’t hard if you allow yourself a little diversity as intended. If you’re single-focused on one and only one aspect of something, if you’re intentionally pigeon-holing your self in the game then ascended items likely won’t be for you. If you only want to kill people and can’t be bothered to take down a yak or throw together some superior ACs, then it’s time for you to address the real issue which lies in the mirror over there.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

Make wvw the only place you can get ascended weapons, and make it 1k badges. Most pve players have legendaries anyways.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

The laurel cost doesn’t come as much of a surprise on rings and neck (not saying its right). It is said really that most WvWers are waiting for something anything from Anet to make the WvW seem worth it and they just keep disappointing us… I just hope Black Desert, Elder Scrolls, or Camelot offer a better system than this laughable disappointment.

The biggest joke is the acc though why even put them in WvW when they cost laurels and ectos lol.

Blunt, they’re adding rares and exotics to the WvW chests. These are ectos waiting to happen. Laurels from dailies you can get in WvW. It all fits in the big picture.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Nak.8315

Nak.8315

Why wouldn’t they make it +1% dmg vs Players, sound Op?
+1% defense vs players… cancels it out.

Because they’ve tried to make a system that doesn’t make it haves and have nots. Its the same reason why they’ve made the WvW Skill tree not have anything that directly affects player damage vs other players.

Nak
Call of Fate[CoF]
Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

50 globs of ectoplasm? for a WvW player? is that a typo?

in WvW

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

It all fits in the big picture.

Which is killing wvw. I’m loving their big picture so far. It looks like the head of a brown snake so far. Maybe in a year we’ll find out the big picture was a pile of kitten.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I actually stopped reading when I saw those 25 laurels and 250 badges for an Ascended Ring.

First I stopped reading, then I couldn’t stop laughing. Just… wow. That’s completely kittened.

Why? Nothing wrong at all with that, especially when you consider there are now three WvW specific items available on the daily and getting the other two will continue to be ridiculously easy.

Yeah, when you can play every day that may be cool. I’m not a “casual” player in the usual sense, I can only play a few days per month but then for a long time. Which means I can complete the monthly and maybe five to ten dailies, missing out on 20-25 others. It’ll take me forever to get full asc gear when asc armor and weapons are also available, and that’s only one set then. And when everything’s available, it will make a noticeable difference in stats. That’s why.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in WvW

Blackelk.3784

Blunt, they’re adding rares and exotics to the WvW chests. These are ectos waiting to happen. Laurels from dailies you can get in WvW. It all fits in the big picture.

I am well aware tbh my two main are already geared the issue I am having is with Anet, this is not what they promised people this is a gimmick. They only changed the daily last patch to include WvW based objectives actually allowing you to farm laurels in WvW. They promised people mutiple times in multiple posts that you would be able to use badges in order to buy these things well I guess they meant only the convenient items, backs and earrings are still a pain especially if you aren’t in a larger guild that does missions. In the end this in A-net once again screwing WvW players in favor of PVE players.

Bluntski

in WvW

Posted by: Scarn.1703

Scarn.1703

pretty much tells everyone they don’t care about wvw. awful update. what a joke.

in WvW

Posted by: Benjamin.7893

Benjamin.7893

Only reason people are complaining is that it requires laurels, thus people are unable to login and fully stack on ascended gear.

Quite ironic the MMO community. They want progression and something to work towards to, but at the same time they all want it from the get go.

It’s amazing Anet even does anything for WvW’rs considering how toxic the WvW community is.

Personally love the update.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I am well aware tbh my two main are already geared the issue I am having is with Anet, this is not what they promised people this is a gimmick. They only changed the daily last patch to include WvW based objectives actually allowing you to farm laurels in WvW. They promised people mutiple times in multiple posts that you would be able to use badges in order to buy these things well I guess they meant only the convenient items, backs and earrings are still a pain especially if you aren’t in a larger guild that does missions. In the end this in A-net once again screwing WvW players in favor of PVE players.

Because only 100 people can get into WvW at a time per server perhaps? ;p

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

No, same cost as the outside if you choose to purchase them that way instead of by using the guild event tokens you get. It’s possible, just not meant to be the most cost-effective way. All the ascended chunks have a “most cost effective” way and an “other” way. Rings are free in Fractal chests and WvW level chests. They cost laurels if you don’t want to wait or run Fractals for the fractal things you buy them with. Amulets are easiest to get via dailies. Accessories are most cost effective from guild missions, more expensive if you choose to purchase directly.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Iruwen.3164

Only reason people are complaining is that it requires laurels, thus people are unable to login and fully stack on ascended gear.

Quite ironic the MMO community. They want progression and something to work towards to, but at the same time they all want it from the get go.

It’s amazing Anet even does anything for WvW’rs considering how toxic the WvW community is.

Nobody was asking for vertical progression except a few former WoW players.

in WvW

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

oh +5 to stats 2 that ain’t to bad

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Maybe anet should take PvE players rings away and give them back after they pay 25 laurels/ring. After that i happily pay 25 laurels too.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

That’s like ~8-9g

BFD bro

With what you earn during regular WvW play + your chests from gaining rank…50 ectos is the LEAST of your worries.

in WvW

Posted by: pixieish.9627

pixieish.9627

Oh god, it’s going to take them months to properly nerf arrowcarts…

You know, regarding the whole month of WvW (that was supposed to be March, right?) and the updates following…

Yeah, it’s pretty bloody disappointing when the PvE’rs get all these nice new shiny dungeons, and WvW gets bupkis. Nada. Zilch.

“Oh! But the ranks are new and exciting and…” No. All the ranks have done so far is given ballista and arrow carts a bit more use. And these… these abilities to fight guards better? Why? Why should we care about fighting against NPCs? NPCs that are already dumb as bricks, and get fragged easily by a zerg which ANet loves so much, and the only time I’ve ever felt threatened by them was either when there was a buffed Champion still in Stonemist castle, or when I felt like solo-ing a camp and some inconvenient Hyleks decided to show up.

No, this has all been a waste of time with all of these promises of massive changes, and I am now of the opinion that no one in ANet has any clue whatsoever regarding what they should do to improve WvW.

Reiseiji, Guardian, Fabulous Spec
Kaschen, Engi, Nerfed Spec
Devona’s Refugee, recently arrived to F.Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Seems pretty good all around (except that vit buff from guard defense…???).

Oil will actually be mandatory to kill now since if it ever gets manned with a trait-ed player, its just going to melt everything while also being seemingly untouchable. The additions to WXP for rebuilding siege and in general doing the maintenance on a tower or keep is nice, and the double wxp (which works on the defense events which scouts get a lot of) is even nicer. The siege timer is even better though I’d wish superiors to tick for 2 hours, but 1 hour is good too.

Looks like I’ll have even more rings than I even know what to do with seeing as how they now come out of the rank chest. Even at 1% drop rate I’ll have more than I need rather quickly, especially since the rate of WXP gain is now even faster. The 10+ laurel discount is neat and will help for cheaper ways to gear out the many alts for WvW or otherwise. (Those asking for lower laurel cost but higher badges, do you want PvEers filling up our queue to farm camps/guards for badges to get vastly faster gear? The idea is to make it an alternative, not fed-ex overnight delivery compared to the rest of the game.)

What happened to the AC nerf? Or are we still working out the refund mechanics?

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

If people think the dailies are truly grinding, I think I might laugh myself into an early grave. They’re so ridiculously easy to do and as of today they just got easier. You won’t even realize you’re completing them.

Great patch, siege and WXP changes are awesome. I’ll also get my second character decked out in ascended stuff about a month earlier than I figured I would be able to. It’s appropriate that a new tier of stats to use against other players takes a little time to get. PvE players can do fractals and get the bonuses against NPCs- that is not the same as having those advantages over other players. It should take longer in PvP vs Fractal running. That’s part of the all-accessible playstyle of the game in my opinion.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

Maybe anet should take PvE players rings away and give them back after they pay 25 laurels/ring.

Why? The primary way to get rings has always been Fractals. Laurels allowed a secondary means of purchase if you chose to not do Fractals.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: I Deschain I.4623

I Deschain I.4623

Where is the backpiece?

Next update, I hope =/

Haha, good joke. 9/10 from me.

3rd player NA to reach Diamond Invader (WvW Rank 6445+) on 10/29/14.
Retired.

in WvW

Blackelk.3784

A-net has ignored the community and therefore made it toxic with their own choice to do nothing to boost WvW morale, or even reward WvW players. Seriously we have 2 alternate maps for WvW its a joke, each BL is a mirror image of the other for ‘balance’. When you take a good hard look at the PVE content and the PVP content its a small wonder this game even has a PVP community anymore, all A-net seems to want to do is alienate and further toxify.

Bluntski

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Maybe anet should take PvE players rings away and give them back after they pay 25 laurels/ring.

Why? The primary way to get rings has always been Fractals. Laurels allowed a secondary means of purchase if you chose to not do Fractals.

Why PvE is primary way in this game? PvE should be secondary way.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Azaruil.3406

Excuse me, but I AM the WvW player there for the PvP. I have both accessories, two rings and an amulet already that are ascended. It isn’t hard if you allow yourself a little diversity as intended. If you’re single-focused on one and only one aspect of something, if you’re intentionally pigeon-holing your self in the game then ascended items likely won’t be for you. If you only want to kill people and can’t be bothered to take down a yak or throw together some superior ACs, then it’s time for you to address the real issue which lies in the mirror over there.

I think you tried to say something witty there, but it looks more to me as if though you are spewing nonsense.

You get one laurel a day for pvp’ing. You get one laurel a day for pve’ing. You also get the other ascended gear from doing fractals and guild stuff. So in essence, the pve’er will get ascended gear more easily than a pvp’er.

You actually want to bring up the word diversity in this instance? So tell me then, do you have all-ascended gear on 2-3 characters? Average cost of 35 laurels and 5 pieces. That is 175 per character. 525 laurels for 3 characters. Max 40 laurels per month. So you mean it would just take 13 months to get ascended gear on those 3 characters? That doesn’t even include different build sets on those characters?

Oh, but now THANKFULLY we have these awesome new additions to wvw. It will only take 11 months now to gear my characters with ascended jewelry. That still, with only one build option.

Well I guess it is fair, because it takes PVE players that long too right? Except that even if they just run 1 fractal at level 10 every night. Gain 6 guild commendations every week. Then they would have 3 characters fully geared in less than 3 months

Less than 3 months and 11 months is a big difference.

ps: don’t get me started on random chance of a ring. I don’t want healing power and magic find on a condi necro.

Aza

in WvW

Iruwen.3164

Asc should have never been allowed in WvW in the first place.