Patchnotes regarding WvW, May 28th

in WvW

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

I got ascended gear as it became available to me. I kept up by being good at my mesmer.

Ok?

Are you agreeing or trying to refute my statement by insinuating that you can “keep up” simply by being good without BiS gear? I imagine then, that you often run around in WvW in whites, since to keep up one need only skill?

The difference between white and exotic is nowhere near exotic and ascended. You farmed for the ascended, good for you, so did I. But I wasn’t mad that I had to suffer through a dungeon. Why? because so did the other guys who had ascended. It was fair.

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Huh? What’s wrong? It’s FASTER than getting them in PvE. You need to do dailies (less than in pve), and they can be done in WvW easily.

Ppl will always cry lol.

WOW!

10 fractals = asc ring + posi from daily. vs 25 days

You get the possibilty for a ring from world xp too.

The only thing a WvWer doesn’t get is the ability to cash out 10 pristine fractals for a ring of their choice. In exchange for this, your items come at a discount in laurels.

The only other legitimate arugment anyone has is the backpiece, and since those can be crafted, you’re going to have a tough time winning that argument.

What you people need to realize is that you’re not entitled to anything. You shouldn’t be forgotten when the time comes to hand out loot, but you shouldn’t get it for free either.

PvE’rs now have a method to get ascended gear.
PvP’rs now have a method to get ascended gear.

While these 2 overlap slightly, you can still get your gear strictly from one way or the other in the next patch. If you want to get the gear at a reasonable pace, you’ll have to work for it. It’s not going to be handed to you.

You kill mobs in fractal and get rings (lot’s of them). I kill enemies in www and won’t get rings. Doesn’t sound fair to me.

You haven’t run fractals I imagine.

I kill a ton of mobs for a chance at a ring once a day.
You kill a ton of players for a chance at a ring once a day.

As I said… the only legitimate complaint anyone has in this thread is the fact that PvE’rs can cash in 10 pristine fractals for a ring of their choice. On the flip side, if you choose to use laurels for the same gear, you get a sizable discount for doing it in WvW.

The only other complaint you have is the backpiece which you can craft, so I’m not even sure you have a legitimate point there.

Why players whine that they have too many ascended rings if those are hard to get? I saw screenshot where some player got 70 rings in bank.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Using laurels as compensation gives the PVE who now goes WvW a potential big advantage over the strictly WvW player. It should not be this way. WvW players should have a distinct advantage in getting WvW gear over a PVE player, in my opinion.

There is no ‘WvW gear’ it is just gear and if you want it ‘fast’ you have that option, you are just choosing not to. I make a point of doing the dailies every day, sometimes I miss, but generally I get it and I do it almost always just in WvW. I do not find it a hardship to port to my home borderland and walk over to the crafter to convert 10 ore into ingots before I log off.

The thing that does kitten me off about this system is why was it not released in November when it was promised? What exactly about a vendor takes 6-7 months to implement? The only reason I can think of is because they wanted to stall people’s progress on getting ascended gear, so they shafted an entire portion of the player base. That is a reason to be annoyed, imo.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Kronyx.2570

I’ll say it again for those who can’t read, as I said in my previous post.

Amulets and accessories are actually quicker to get on WvW. PvErs have to do 30 days worth of dailies to get them, while WvW players get them in 20 ( badge cost is inconsequential). The only thing PvE gets more of is rings, and thats when they do fractals. To balance this ANet gave us the WvW rank chests.

Guild missions are for people who CHOOSE to do them. PvE and PvP guilds alike do these.

The only valid point in this thread is the ability to PICK the ring you want within 10 fractal runs, which by the way are character bound (the fractal daily) . So you cant get all 10 pristine fractals in a day.

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Huh? What’s wrong? It’s FASTER than getting them in PvE. You need to do dailies (less than in pve), and they can be done in WvW easily.

Ppl will always cry lol.

WOW!

10 fractals = asc ring + posi from daily. vs 25 days

You get the possibilty for a ring from world xp too.

The only thing a WvWer doesn’t get is the ability to cash out 10 pristine fractals for a ring of their choice. In exchange for this, your items come at a discount in laurels.

The only other legitimate arugment anyone has is the backpiece, and since those can be crafted, you’re going to have a tough time winning that argument.

What you people need to realize is that you’re not entitled to anything. You shouldn’t be forgotten when the time comes to hand out loot, but you shouldn’t get it for free either.

PvE’rs now have a method to get ascended gear.
PvP’rs now have a method to get ascended gear.

While these 2 overlap slightly, you can still get your gear strictly from one way or the other in the next patch. If you want to get the gear at a reasonable pace, you’ll have to work for it. It’s not going to be handed to you.

You kill mobs in fractal and get rings (lot’s of them). I kill enemies in www and won’t get rings. Doesn’t sound fair to me.

You haven’t run fractals I imagine.

I kill a ton of mobs for a chance at a ring once a day.
You kill a ton of players for a chance at a ring once a day.

As I said… the only legitimate complaint anyone has in this thread is the fact that PvE’rs can cash in 10 pristine fractals for a ring of their choice. On the flip side, if you choose to use laurels for the same gear, you get a sizable discount for doing it in WvW.

The only other complaint you have is the backpiece which you can craft, so I’m not even sure you have a legitimate point there.

Why players whine that they have too many ascended rings if those are hard to get? I saw screenshot where some player got 70 rings in bank.

So if you don’t have a clue how it works why are you commenting on it at all?

Fractals give you rings for your daily from levels 10+ as well as the pristine relic.
The daily only has a small chance to give you a ring but 100% chance to give the relic.
The rings aren’t unique (only unique equipped) so you can get the same one again.
On top of this, there are about 50 rings because each type has an offensive, defensive, and utility version of it.
10 relics lets you choose the ring you want from a vendor much in the same way laurels work.

When you see screenshots of hundreds of rings, there’s a reason they’re all in the guys bank or on alts… because they’re duplicates or ones he didn’t want or need.

[edit…] Oh I forgot, you can also do multiple dailys a day for every 10 fractals. Post below reminded me. 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, etc.

(edited by Atherakhia.4086)

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

I’ll say it again for those who can’t read, as I said in my previous post.

Amulets and accessories are actually quicker to get on WvW. PvErs have to do 30 days worth of dailies to get them, while WvW players get them in 20 ( badge cost is inconsequential). The only thing PvE gets more of is rings, and thats when they do fractals. To balance this ANet gave us the WvW rank chests.

Guild missions are for people who CHOOSE to do them. PvE and PvP guilds alike do these.

The only valid point in this thread is the ability to PICK the ring you want within 10 fractal runs, which by the way are character bound (the fractal daily) . So you cant get all 10 pristine fractals in a day.

Fractal rings are account bound. You can give them to alts.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

We included the laurel cost to prevent the economy from suddenly being blown out and to not invalidate the ways PvE players can get ascended items already. This system means that it is faster to get them in WvW, especially for players who already have badges, without being so much faster that everyone only gets them in this manner. As for the difficulty of acquiring laurels in WvW, we have taken steps to address that, including the fact that there will always be 3 daily achievements that are WvW specific. Speaking personally, I’ve been able to achieve my dailies in WvW even without that change, but this should make it even easier.

in WvW

Kronyx.2570

I meant the daily chest that gives the pristine relic, Xavi. You only get one per day per fractal level range

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

We included the laurel cost to prevent the economy from suddenly being blown out and to not invalidate the ways PvE players can get ascended items already. This system means that it is faster to get them in WvW, especially for players who already have badges, without being so much faster that everyone only gets them in this manner. As for the difficulty of acquiring laurels in WvW, we have taken steps to address that, including the fact that there will always be 3 daily achievements that are WvW specific. Speaking personally, I’ve been able to achieve my dailies in WvW even without that change, but this should make it even easier.

Why did a vendor take 6-7 months to implement? I like how the concern is to not invalidate PvE players, yet you shafted WvWers for how many months longer then necessary?

~ AoN ~

(edited by Niim.9260)

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

The greens in the level chests are insulting. It should be rare and above or nothing.

Agreed.

Lvl 80 char, thousands kills in wvw, gaining ranks and reward is a greeenie?

Come on.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Anyone else having a bug in WvW? The party members don’t show on minimap.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Daethonfoot.3516

Daethonfoot.3516

lol so many bad arguments. laurels come slow as kitten. Wake the kitten up. they don’t belong in wvw messing up a wvw players way of getting ascended gear. Lol maybe you should add laurels to the fractal merchant too to be even more kittened.

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

I’ve had this happen from time to time. Have you tried exiting→reentering the zone or relogging?

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Atherakhia.4086

As a side note, have they fixed the guild bug where you have to relog a dozen times to finally see your guild roster?

in WvW

Kronyx.2570

The greens in the level chests are insulting. It should be rare and above or nothing.

Agreed.

Lvl 80 char, thousands kills in wvw, gaining ranks and reward is a greeenie?

Come on.

I can agree with that. They should have a daily guaranteed chest with rare like for the PvE Boss events

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

I think most people are upset with the rate that laurels are earned. How many months to gear 1 character out with ascended in WvW only? I play 2 different lvl 80’s. Guess I have to pick which one gets the better gear this year, and who has to wait until next year. woot woot

ps: oh and i’m sure there are people with 8 lvl 80’s, bet they will have fun finally finishing all their characters in 2020.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuvo.5014

Nuvo.5014

But why 20 day of dailys for 1 amulet or 25 days of dailys for 1 ring? when I can just go in 5 hour get to lvl 10 in fractals and see if I can get a ring. Even if u wnat to get ur ring in fractals with pristine fractal relic it took u 10 days not 25. The 250 wvw badges is easy to get 2 or 3 big fight and there u have it but 25 days for 1 kittening ring is stupid, I rly don’t know what kind of ppl think that 25 day was the same for pve and wvw. But what do I care I have all the ascended thing I need u guys are 5 or 6 month late in this crap

(edited by Nuvo.5014)

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Thanks Devon. People will figure it out over time.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Tekyn.5376

Tekyn.5376

First off let me just say that the entire WvW community has a great appreciation and respect for the increased effort for communication that Anet has given us. Some of us hang on your every word and we appreciate it when you take the time to share things with us. With that being said I want to try to explain why this change has bothered so many of us.

Over the past few months many of us have held an expectation that the addition of WvW ascended items would constitute an alternate path for obtaining these items. This expectation grew out of comments that were made by ArenaNet on the forums and from interviews given with other media outlets. What we got today fell short of that.

Many of us have alts. We create them and play them because we enjoy the game so much that we want to try it from the perspective of another profession. Before today’s patch it was commonly accepted that the current laurel system did not encourage alts because regardless of how many characters you have you are limited to 1 laurel per day thus limiting how much ascended gear you could obtain.

The exception to this scenario was of course fractals. Fractals can be run as many times as you want and you can share the ascended gear you obtain with your alts. When talk of WvW ascended gear first arose it was thought to be a counterbalance to running fractals, i.e. people who did not enjoy running fractals could get their ascended gear through WvW.

The problem now is that after today’s patch running Fractals still seems to be the quickest method to obtain ascended rings. Using guild commendations still seems to be the quickest method to obtain ascended accessories. And to obtain an ascended amulet we are now priced at 20 laurels instead of 30. 250 badges being an almost insignificant amount to obtain. Essentially what you have done is not provide an alternate gear path, but a discount on an existing one.

So that’s where it stands.

Cheers.

“I feel like I’m getting trolled here. Good day sir.”
- John Smith, ArenaNet in-house economist

(edited by Tekyn.5376)

in WvW

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

Keep up? Kept up. Have ascended now. Never was a issue. The 5% to 7% increase in overall damage (ideal) tends to be negated with a single well timed dodge or interruption during a single fight. Hell, any damage spent hitting clones and phantasms instead of me is added bonus.

The difference between whites and exotics is far more notable than the minor increase from exotics to ascended.

The difference between white and exotic is nowhere near exotic and ascended. You farmed for the ascended, good for you, so did I. But I wasn’t mad that I had to suffer through a dungeon. Why? because so did the other guys who had ascended. It was fair.

Ok? I also kept up. I’m glad you did. You’ll notice people still consume food and take the time to get 25 stacks of whatever in order to have the best opportunity to win. 5% or 7% is the difference between getting downed or winning a fight with 100 or less HP left.

The mere recognition that the difference between whites and exotics is too great is recognition of the importance of stats in a game where one of the primary interactions between the participants is determined by numerical exchanges which determine how much damage is dealt and taken.

The question for me is not that it’s “unfair”, as all players must suffer to acquire them. It is that consistently grinding for BiS gear for a PvP environment is annoying, one of the primary reasons I stopped participating in PvP in other games, and Anet had created prerelease hype based on the idea that players that despised this system could come over here for comparatively easy to acquire BiS gear. A feeling which I am presenting by posting on the thread.

It doesn’t even have to do with the contested viewpoint that Anet made the WvW acquired ascended gear with improper currency – which the two of you are contesting. This leads me to be suspicious of these arguments of rebuttal, as they are more descriptive of plants than people trying to sustain consistent and focused arguments for one issue. ie. I just got trolled.

in WvW

Posted by: Troop.1369

Troop.1369

Hi there,

I know it might not be the appropriate place to ask for this but I already filled a support ticket and I am scared they refuse to help me.

Here is what’s going on:

I just wasted twenty five days of gameplay (25 laurels) for buying a WvW ascended ring that I already have.

I wanted to buy Lost Seal of Usoku and bought a second Royal Signet of Doric. Here is the tooltip in order, Unique being the 4th thing (and probably most important) of the list:

Ascended
Ring
Required Level: 80
Unique

Exotic Invader rings can be bought and worn in pair. I got confused by this.

Please help me so I don’t have to do another 25 days of dailies for that mistake!

BTW: Would be a good idea to highlight Unique or make it so its easier to see before buying the item (some sort of warning saying you already own that item) or something like that.

Thanks,

-Ken

Black Talons – We make you nervous.
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

(edited by Troop.1369)

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

I have three level 80’s and 7 sets of gear. It will take me over 12 months to get the 490 laurels I need. Is that how you intended the system to work? Should I go play another MMO while I grind out my dailies?

Actually, yes. Ascended was made to fill a time-sink between that required to get exotics (non-existent) and legendary (forever, give or take an hour). For the minor stat increase involved it’s not like there’s any notable disadvantage as you would see in carrot-styled MMOs where gear matters significantly between tiers. It’s a modest increase for a modest time investment that ultimately isn’t necessary.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

The thing the irks me is the fact I have bought most of my ascended gear already at inflated PvE prices.

in WvW

Posted by: manbearpig.8095

manbearpig.8095

But why 20 day of dailys for 1 amulet or 25 days of dailys for 1 ring? when I can just go in 5 hour get to lvl 10 in fractals and see if I can get a ring. Even if u wnat to get ur ring in fractals with pristine fractal relic it took u 10 days not 25. The 250 wvw badges is easy to get 2 or 3 big fight and there u have it but 25 days for 1 kittening ring is stupid, I rly don’t know what kind of ppl think that 25 day was the same for pve and wvw. But what do I care I have all the ascended thing I need u guys are 5 or 6 month late in this crap

you don’t seem to understand that getting a item ring or otherwise from fotm is a chance not a garentee and then its a chance thakittens the item you need

kintai yuhara 80 necro [RE]

in WvW

Daethonfoot.3516

I think most people are upset with the rate that laurels are earned. How many months to gear 1 character out with ascended in WvW only? I play 2 different lvl 80’s. Guess I have to pick which one gets the better gear this year, and who has to wait until next year. woot woot

ps: oh and i’m sure there are people with 8 lvl 80’s, bet they will have fun finally finishing all their characters in 2020.

in WvW

Daethonfoot.3516

^ this man is a genius. let him awaken your brains.

in WvW

Atherakhia.4086

I have three level 80’s and 7 sets of gear. It will take me over 12 months to get the 490 laurels I need. Is that how you intended the system to work? Should I go play another MMO while I grind out my dailies?

Have you played any other MMO before? How did it work there…

Gear is never just going to be handed to you. It will require effort. If you want to exclude various parts of the game, you’re not going to get things as quickly as those who don’t ignore them.

If you want gear faster than what 40 laurels a month can provide, you’ll have to put forth the effort to get the gear faster. So decide if you want to join a guild to do commendations, if you want to start running fractals, or prioritize the type of gear you want.

ANet is jumping through hoops to make the gear as accessible as possible. It’s up to you to decide how you get it and how quickly, but you will have to earn it.

in WvW

Daethonfoot.3516

Lol there is fractal nubs running around in wvw with all pink beside good wvw players with exotics that never leave wvw. Something is wrong here.

in WvW

Posted by: thiagoperne.7340

thiagoperne.7340

Yea they intended the system work based on everyone having 3 level 80’s and want to gear all of them very fast. That’s because you can play with 3 characters in WvW at the same time.

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

You’re arguing an up-hill battle here. People join this game because BiS will be no problem. Now if you want to look cool, that’s where you have to work for it. Now you are arguing that these ascended gear “isn’t necessary”, that’s not the point. Right now it is BiS and with the amount of time people are putting in, they should be able to get it.

Also, most competitive players want full ascended gear. I want my gear to be the best, so that I know when I lose it’s all because of my skill, not that he was in full ascended and I only have my back piece.

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

Lol there is fractal nubs running around in wvw with all pink beside good wvw players with exotics that never leave wvw. Something is wrong here.

I don’t care what color dye they’re using. But a “fractal nub” (as you call them) running around WvW with a pair of ascended rings and agony resistance… wait, was there a point to this post? You’re not saying we should exclude people from WvW are you?

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

This is completely logical. Awarding ascended gear for merely badges/WXP would have encouraged zerging, and wouldn’t have been healthy for WvW in the long run.

in WvW

Posted by: gvaughn.4163

gvaughn.4163

That’s just the way it is these days with MMOs, you give a game a bonus and probably 30% of people will come back crying that you didn’t give them enough.

HoD

in WvW

Daethonfoot.3516

banning ascended gear from wvw would fix the imbalance too. but that would be a shame. you should just hook wvw players up instead of making them second rate.

in WvW

Daethonfoot.3516

This is completely logical. Awarding ascended gear for merely badges/WXP would have encouraged zerging, and wouldn’t have been healthy for WvW in the long run.

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

You’re arguing an up-hill battle here. People join this game because BiS will be no problem. Now if you want to look cool, that’s where you have to work for it. Now you are arguing that these ascended gear “isn’t necessary”, that’s not the point. Right now it is BiS and with the amount of time people are putting in, they should be able to get it.

Also, most competitive players want full ascended gear. I want my gear to be the best, so that I know when I lose it’s all because of my skill, not that he was in full ascended and I only have my back piece.

You may have a point about the up hill battle. Unfortunately people still think of BiS in terms of carrot flavored MMOs where BiS really meant something. Here I can go from an exotic ring to an ascended one and increase my power by four. Hell, I can rip out a good one and do more damage than that four power will. OK, technically it’s BiS but in the sense that if you give someone 1000 grapes and someone 1001 grapes you gave someone “more”.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Tekyn.5376

Tekyn.5376

Actually, yes. Ascended was made to fill a time-sink between that required to get exotics (non-existent) and legendary (forever, give or take an hour). For the minor stat increase involved it’s not like there’s any notable disadvantage as you would see in carrot-styled MMOs where gear matters significantly between tiers. It’s a modest increase for a modest time investment that ultimately isn’t necessary.

(1) Legendary weapons have nothing to do with this issue. I don’t have one and will never get one.

(2) A “time investment” of 12 months is not modest.

“I feel like I’m getting trolled here. Good day sir.”
- John Smith, ArenaNet in-house economist

in WvW

Posted by: Mooodster.3470

Mooodster.3470

wow so you get them about 5 days faster(20 days 1char 40 days 2char total assuming they dont do factual and you dont get any from the rank chest) in wvw then in pve and are still complaining..what about the pve people who want full ascended on 2 toons. if you bolth start now i bet you finish b4 them….this is not counting guild missions because well i consider guild missions guild stuff not pve or wvw….

let me ask how easy you think it should be to get the best in slot item everyone else had to wait days upon days to get but sense you MADE THE CHOICE NOT TO do them think now you deserve them faster then anyone else and
whoever said laurels are pve is just plain wrong…by that account you should be getting maybe 1-2 badges in wvw a day sense you know you can only get 1 laurel a day in pve or 10 if you do your monthly but iv found monthly way easier to get in wvw then in pve myself….

if you want the best stuff in a game way faster then anyone else i suggest you go play pay to win games then you can just use your credit card and boom better then anyone else but if you choose to stay here your going to have to work for them just like everyone else

edit to fix the math should have been 20 days per toon not 10

(edited by Mooodster.3470)

in WvW

Daethonfoot.3516

Lol encourage zerging? wtf does that even mean. if anything it would kill fractals. Lol fractals, arena nets gimpy child that they need to just throw over the cliff like in the movie 300.

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

(1) Legendary weapons have nothing to do with this issue. I don’t have one and will never get one.

(2) A “time investment” of 12 months is not modest.

(1) Legendary weapons have everything to do with the issue where time sinks were concerned. There was a humongous time gap between exotics and legendaries that, quite frankly, needed to be filled. People were getting full exotics and not seeing a progression flavored goal that felt somewhat reachable.

(2). Per character. Took a few months to get my mesmer in ascended. It was fine… the marginal increase never held be back from being effective in WvW.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

They now appear in green depending on your level of zoom in the minimap or the megamap. Awesome change amirite?

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

What’s cool is i have 1 lv 80 with 2 sets of gear and i have access to other aspects of the game and it takes me significantly less time to gear. Its really convenient how when you don’t play the game in a ton of different ways you don’t have to progress in each of those paths eh?

All of that snarkiness aside, the time it takes to grind out all that gear for your toons should be less in my opinion. I figured costs would be like 500 badges and 15 laurels for amulets and rings and 750-1k badges and like 20 laurels for accessories. But i do think if you try to play a million different ways you should expect to take a while to have each of those ways geared to the highest degree.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Daethonfoot.3516

but ya its still gonna take 566875763 trillion years to gear my 5 wvw toons. Thanks a-net. I wont be forced to play fractals so I guess ill be a lowly wvw peon for ever.

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

but ya its still gonna take 566875763 trillion years to gear my 5 wvw toons. Thanks a-net. I wont be forced to play fractals so I guess ill be a lowly wvw peon for ever.

So, you’re characters are in full exotics and you keep dying in WvW and you think it’s because everyone else has ascended gear?

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

Hi there,

I know it might not be the appropriate place to ask for this but I already filled a support ticket and I am scared they refuse to help me.

Here is what’s going on:

I just wasted twenty five days of gameplay (25 laurels) for buying a WvW ascended ring that I already have.

I wanted to buy Lost Seal of Usoku and bought a second Royal Signet of Doric. Here is the tooltip in order, Unique being the 4th thing (and probably most important) of the list:

Ascended
Ring
Required Level: 80
Unique

Exotic Invader rings can be bought and worn in pair. I got confused by this.

Please help me so I don’t have to do another 25 days of dailies for that mistake!

BTW: Would be a good idea to highlight Unique or make it so its easier to see before buying the item (some sort of warning saying you already own that item) or something like that.

Thanks,

-Ken

There is a confirmation to but anything that is exotic or ascended AND as you scroll over it you get the comparison to your current gear.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in WvW

Asudementio.8526

Lol encourage zerging? wtf does that even mean. if anything it would kill fractals. Lol fractals, arena nets gimpy child that they need to just throw over the cliff like in the movie 300.

encourage zerging means that if you need badges and wxp to buy ascended gear people will form huge 80 man death balls and fight open field instead of strategically manning multiple objectives in an attempt to maximize the number of badges and wxp they can get.

also your attitude towards pve players is sickening

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: Nuvo.5014

Nuvo.5014

you don’t seem to understand that getting a item ring or otherwise from fotm is a chance not a garentee and then its a chance thakittens the item you need

At worst case in fotm u will get the ring u need in 10 day not 25

in WvW

Daethonfoot.3516

encourage zerging means that if you need badges and wxp to buy ascended gear people will form huge 80 man death balls and fight open field instead of strategically manning multiple objectives in an attempt to maximize the number of badges and wxp they can get.

it will always be sickening if they have elite status

in WvW

Asudementio.8526

it will always be sickening if they have elite status

so the response to elitism in pve is to be elitist in wvw?!?!?!

Attachments:

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

I find the WvW cost a bit too high on the laurels, simply because the pve crowd got a 6 month head start.
That should be calculated too, when comparing the ‘time cost’.

Other than that, I still think the whole ascended gear idea is a bad joke, but that’s just my view on gearing up in this game.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…