Perplexity Engies, Um Hello Devs?

in WvW

Posted by: Troj.7940

Troj.7940

Ironic coming from a VCY member,half of the VCY I just fought in GH BL were all abusing these runes.

Pathetic antipvp

in WvW

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

Ironic coming from a VCY member,half of the VCY I just fought in GH BL were all abusing these runes.

Pathetic antipvp

He was being sarcastic yuck yuck

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

They’re going to get nerfed. With as much confusion, bleeding, burning, poison, and might I can stack up on my Engineer, the build is flat out uncounterable. Condition clears? Yawn. Just a slower death. Multiple targets? All the interrupts I use are multi target (Supply Crate, both shield skills, Air Blast) and Static Shot, pistol #3 that inflicts confusion and blind, bounces.

It’s the Oprah show and you get 20 stacks of confusion, and you get 20 stacks of confusion, and you get 20 stacks of confusion! Confusion stacks for everyone!

An ICD is not only a good idea to preserve some semblance of game balance, it’s an inevitability.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

in WvW

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

They’re going to get nerfed. With as much confusion, bleeding, burning, poison, and might I can stack up on my Engineer, the build is flat out uncounterable. Condition clears? Yawn. Just a slower death. Multiple targets? All the interrupts I use are multi target (Supply Crate, both shield skills, Air Blast) and Static Shot, pistol #3 that inflicts confusion and blind, bounces.

It’s the Oprah show and you get 20 stacks of confusion, and you get 20 stacks of confusion, and you get 20 stacks of confusion! Confusion stacks for everyone!

An ICD is not only a good idea to preserve some semblance of game balance, it’s an inevitability.

Add Tool Kit to that and everyone gets 25 stacks! 25 to you! 25 to you! 25 to even you too!

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Pathetic antipvp

How much did you fight? 2 of us?

You are just moaning because you lost to better players.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in WvW

Troj.7940

No I lost to twice the amount of players from a “respected” guild who mostly used these as a crutch.

The same way VCY stacked guardians and 2 min retal in the previous meta. Skillful play or just kittens I let others decide.

in WvW

Troj.7940

Btw I played in a better guild with better players than VCY. But you lot in your FOTM copied builds made me stop playing last night as you are no fun to fight and I would never use the world better, just the word sadder.

in WvW

Posted by: Alkaholic.3875

Alkaholic.3875

Until they’re nerfed, I’ll continue using them as an engie.

in WvW

Alkaholic.3875

Btw I played in a better guild with better players than VCY. But you lot in your FOTM copied builds made me stop playing last night as you are no fun to fight and I would never use the world better, just the word sadder.

The tears, they sustain me. U’re asking people to not use the best condi runes for certain specs cause they’re OP? Should they stop fighting if someone else from their server comes up? Should they not use ascended gear? Blame the developer not the player that uses easily acquirable runes in their gear.

Even bigger LOL @ “u stack retal”. WTF else do u want them to do, it counters fire and forget aoe. Can u please provide a list of rules for ur fights, Mr. better guild and better players…

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

No one is asking you not to use them. What the community in general is asking is for them to be brought in line with other rune sets.

in WvW

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

Yep. They need to get nerfed big time. On my engi I can load up someone immediately with a bunch of stacks lasting a ridiculous 15+ seconds. To those defending these runes by saying to bring condition removals…..you obviously know that doesn’t work so stop saying it. You don’t just put confusion by itself. You load them up and put on poison, immob, burning, bleeds, chill, stun (supply drop), etc. all on top of it so they can’t clear it easily.

It’s broken. Fix it.

in WvW

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

One could argue that all Rune choices should be both:

1. Strong
    and
  2. Build-defining.

The choice of your “final” Rune spread should feel like it means something. The problem is that – bar some certain sets (Perplex, Melandru, Hoelbrak, and others in that overall range) – it doesn’t. Now, as for the OP-ness of Perplex, plenty of fair suggestions have been made, and continue to be created. However, that does not address the comparative weakness of other Rune sets.

TL;DR
Sure, there’re ways to bring Perplexity down a notch … but plenty of other Runes need brought the heck up.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in WvW

Alkaholic.3875

No one is asking you not to use them. What the community in general is asking is for them to be brought in line with other rune sets.

This guy is…

No I lost to twice the amount of players…who mostly used these as a crutch.

I just fought…abusing these runes.

in WvW

Obscure One.4357

One could argue that all Rune choices should be both:

1. Strong
    and
  2. Build-defining.

The choice of your “final” Rune spread should feel like it means something. The problem is that – bar some certain sets (Perplex, Melandru, Hoelbrak, and others in that overall range) – it doesn’t. Now, as for the OP-ness of Perplex, plenty of fair suggestions have been made, and continue to be created. However, that does not address the comparative weakness of other Rune sets.

TL;DR
Sure, there’re ways to bring Perplexity down a notch … but plenty of other Runes need brought the heck up.

If by “a notch” you mean procs on a single interrupted target and then goes on a 5 – 8 second internal cool down then yes I agree.

Additionally I agree other runes (and sigils as well) need some moderate to major improvements.

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Perplexity need an ICD on the 6/6. I mean, these runes really make condition builds for Mesmers viable again but they are stupidly OP for other classes that can reliably and constantly interrupt like Engies, Thieves and Warriors.

Or, just change the 6/6 to 25% Swiftness.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

This build is probably the scariest thing in solo/roamer WvW right now. A decent player commanding it is a REALLY hard fight since there are so few counters to it. It is heavily bunkered so direct damage is tough, has better range than just about any other build, no class has enough CC to keep the conditions off and while its damage isn’t epic when a player hits cooldown the fight is all but over since the conditions pile up. Maybe another condi-bunker can take one down but even that I am not so sure about.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Stun warriors

/end thread

Pretty much. I currently have an interrupt warrior that I feel dirty when I play her, but not really. Saw one guy in a zerg I stomped/hammer burst/juggernaut into and he had 12 stacks of confuse. Did not feel a bit guilty about doing it, either.

I like how you mention what should be several interrupts but you applied the confusion of just your first interrupt for a warrior…

in WvW

Obscure One.4357

This build is probably the scariest thing in solo/roamer WvW right now. A decent player commanding it is a REALLY hard fight since there are so few counters to it. It is heavily bunkered so direct damage is tough, has better range than just about any other build, no class has enough CC to keep the conditions off and while its damage isn’t epic when a player hits cooldown the fight is all but over since the conditions pile up. Maybe another condi-bunker can take one down but even that I am not so sure about.

Nerfing these runes shouldn’t be a matter of “if they do” but “when they do”. Condi HGH bunkers capable of such high damage output on a build that is purely defensive is flat out imbalanced.

in WvW

Alkaholic.3875

Condi HGH is actually one of the easier engineer builds to kill.

in WvW

Posted by: canadez.5328

canadez.5328

They will probably never nerf/balance those runes because they’re not available in sPvP and aren’t affecting pve. They dont bother with proper class balance in WvW. The only time i remember them “balancing” something for WvW was the confusion nerf. And there they just brought it to sPvP levels afaik. Pretty lazy way if you ask me.
They didnt even bother finding the middle ground for WvW or how many people use confusion builds in sPvP?
Now confusion is only viable when you get 10+ stacks on a target. Granted they made Mesmer confusion builds viable again. But only because of the added confusion duration and confusion on hit.

I just wouldn’t get my hopes up for it. Abuse it as much as you can, because hey its WvW and WvW is imbalanced so no problem right?

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I used these on my ele when they first came out. Then I got rid of them. But now that every warrior and engie are running these, I’ve made a new set. They are the perfect counter to each other if you are the one with the better cleanses, which might not be the case vs warrior.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

Stun warriors

/end thread

Pretty much. I currently have an interrupt warrior that I feel dirty when I play her, but not really. Saw one guy in a zerg I stomped/hammer burst/juggernaut into and he had 12 stacks of confuse. Did not feel a bit guilty about doing it, either.

I like how you mention what should be several interrupts but you applied the confusion of just your first interrupt for a warrior…

Oh no, this was over the course of like, twenty seconds and I ran into a huge zerg. I spammed all my AoE stuns and interrupts to make sure that everyone had a stack of confusion. You’re also neglecting Distracting Strikes, which makes it about 4 stacks of confusion each interrupt.

in WvW

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

conditions and cc are all broken and need to be reworked.
perplexity, necro, engie, and warrior meta needs serious nerfing. there’s no arguing it.

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Weapons are completely optional sometimes.
http://youtu.be/1z-d9vGO52E

in WvW

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Weapons are completely optional sometimes.
http://youtu.be/1z-d9vGO52E

Literally the funniest gw2 video I’ve seen since asuraball. lol

On another note, they should replace spvp nodes in wvw with asuraball games for the buff. (of course still nerf the bloodlust into some none combat based buff, maybe even a tittle for the server: “Asuraball Champion XXXXX”

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

No I lost to twice the amount of players from a “respected” guild who mostly used these as a crutch.

The same way VCY stacked guardians and 2 min retal in the previous meta. Skillful play or just kittens I let others decide.

Twice the amount of you is 2 players, so someone of our guild used perplexity runes and you lost a 1v2. Stop moaning.

We dont even run Engies during guild raids or gvgs and I am the only warrior that has a set of those runes and i only use them occasionally during roaming, maybe 5% of my time in wvw.

Suggesting here that 50% of VcY are running these runes is simply false.
How do you even know that half of our people are using perplexity runes in a guild raid with 20-30 members?

That would mean that each of those 10-15 has to interrupt you once to proof your claim without you dying while getting no skills off for 20 seconds.

At least have the decency and show your guild tag here on the forums when you start flaming other guilds because you are a sore loser.

P.S.: Last time i checked, stripping 2 min of retaliation took the same effort as stripping 5s of retaliation off someone.

Which guild was that and why dont you play in it anymore?
And how do you know the builds of 150+ members?

Im glad we made you stop playing though.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

(edited by Wanze.8410)

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Oh. My. God.

Nerf these stupid OP runes already!

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in WvW

Posted by: Riselight.3695

Riselight.3695

I was both surprised and sad there were no nerfs with Twilight Assault…

Riselight [WvW] – Elementalist
Smough The Cruel [WvW] – Warrior