#HammerTrain2013 #OPBearbow2014

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

I’m loving this thread- sadly the devs will probably miss the sarcasm and irony and nerf rangers some more…

I do have a confession to make though- for the very small amount of time I now log in to GW2 for, i’m playing a ranger in eotm, purely because there are so few ranged classes playing these days and oh so many places to fire at people for free kills without getting hurt:-)

‘Goes out and starts looking for a bear to summon, must get one this thread says they are OP’.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

If you are dying 1v1 to them. I don’t know what to tell you.

Why? Can’t you share some tactics to help us against the ranger pets? Because I swear I’m sick of that krytan hound that keeps fearing me, way more annoying than a necro.

Everyone keeps underestimating the rangers, just you wait and see.

I have a very nice tactic to share with all those people that cant deal with pet, i posted it before here but well, im not to lazy to do it again, ok here it comes:

I G N O R E P E T

oh and btw, krytan hound does not fear but immobilize duh

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: Novalitus.7382

Novalitus.7382

On my mesmer I find Rangers to be the hardest class to kill…
Their damage is really good (bow user) and their pets are ten times stronger than any of my clones or phantasms. I think when a ranger’s pet dies… the ranger should go to revive it, not just spawn a new one.

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: Coarr.3286

Coarr.3286

make yourself a minion master necro, then you have moa pets then the ranger :P

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Why? Can’t you share some tactics to help us against the ranger pets? Because I swear I’m sick of that krytan hound that keeps fearing me, way more annoying than a necro.

I have a very nice tactic to share with all those people that cant deal with pet, i posted it before here but well, im not to lazy to do it again, ok here it comes:

I G N O R E P E T

I have looked but I can not find the IGNORE PET skill. Is this class or race based? Or an Elite skill???

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

I G N O R E P E T

I have looked but I can not find the IGNORE PET skill. Is this class or race based? Or an Elite skill???

Risen’s skills… they’re pretty good at it, most of the time…

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

i was jumped by OP ranger and their pets just last night in a camp. i was trying to cap it and BOOM, knock back, invis and getting my eyes pecked by birds.

All the birds.

the screeching.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: Asclepius.4396

Asclepius.4396

@KingAmadeus, I scared. I hear guild is going to run BEARBOW ZERG. I sorry, no water or dodge rolls for me I too terrified. I going to ESO. #FeartheBear.

Vöîd — Maguuma [CT] — AKA Belle’s Slaves.

“Your tears are delicious”

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

I G N O R E P E T

So we have to steal a Risen’s skill? But that is only available in GW1!!! Wait, does that mean Anet wants us to buy GW1 to get the skill just to counter OP Bearbow ranger???

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Offair.2563

I G N O R E P E T

Its top left of the TROLL button, you should know that.

Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

@KingAmadeus, I scared. I hear guild is going to run BEARBOW ZERG. I sorry, no water or dodge rolls for me I too terrified. I going to ESO. #FeartheBear.

Entire T2 guild zerg just Bearbow, 25 ranger, all bear, all time.

Mag Server Leader

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Hi! relax guys. i know that the bearbow rangers are OP atm but i heard this till be the pet for next patch

its called a rhinark

Attachments:

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

not sure if this thread is serious or not.

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Then you must not be a Ranger. As, if you were, you’d know this isn’t serious. I think I’ll park any of my other professions and run Bearbow tonight just for comedic purposes

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: ardasica.4531

ardasica.4531

Hi! relax guys. i know that the bearbow rangers are OP atm but i heard this till be the pet for next patch

its called a rhinark

I must have that pet. The terror I could inspire in WvW would make it so worthwhile.

SF
OTR

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Nothing wrong with pet AI
Last time I ran ranger in a zerg, I d/c – cos my clever bear stowed the useless rallybot

I have no idea where you people are playing but as a Ranger who has played thousands of hours I am not getting anyone down in WvW very often.

Ranger are still the kittened of all kittens in this game.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: Daze.6914

Daze.6914

2 possibilities here, the OP is either trolling or he has never tried to play a ranger.

War Inc. Community [WIC]
Far Shiverpeaks
GW2 WvW - GW2 Gem Price

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

We should organise a cross server ‘roll a new bear bow ranger’ event one weekend, where everyone rolls a new ranger, grabs a bear, and enters wvw/eotm.

Imagine, targets you can kill with a bow!

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

eny 1 who says ranger or is OP or pets are terrible at playing a game ans shood ba ashamed me and all of my guild if we see eny ranger in wvw we tell free lootbaggg!!! its all they are no treath

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

You are right mate! We need skills in evety weapon what kills pet instantly and damage the ovner if the pet killed. I think 50% hp loss is not OP.
I dont like to move in fights! Why am i need to walk to avoid pet damage? Its enough to presss buttons from 1 to 10

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

I G N O R E P E T

So we have to steal a Risen’s skill? But that is only available in GW1!!! Wait, does that mean Anet wants us to buy GW1 to get the skill just to counter OP Bearbow ranger???

ANet wants our money again!

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: Alacrity.4312

Alacrity.4312

its called a rhinark

OMG I wants one! (plsss Anet – legendary pet?)
It does however have a distinct lack of Ursan.

Incidentally, I recently learnt that the actual name for a grizzly (the archetypical Brown Bear) is ursus horriblis.

URSUS

HORRIBILIS

Why it’s so horrible is up for conjecture.

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Entire T2 guild zerg just Bearbow, 25 ranger, all bear, all time.

Too OP, banned4lyfe…

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Offair.2563

You are right mate! We need skills in evety weapon what kills pet instantly and damage the ovner if the pet killed. I think 50% hp loss is not OP.
I dont like to move in fights! Why am i need to walk to avoid pet damage? Its enough to presss buttons from 1 to 10

There we go, you dont like to move in fights, which is an essential thing to do in pvp games, so pets are not the problem at all, its you and others who cant be bothered to move.

Whats next, crying about ballistas being OP since u stand still in front of one being manned? haha

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

PookieDaWombat.6209

There we go, you dont like to move in fights, which is an essential thing to do in pvp games, so pets are not the problem at all, its you and others who cant be bothered to move.

Whats next, crying about ballistas being OP since u stand still in front of one being manned? haha

Psssh, balista is easy. Just dodge.

Bears though.
They’re fast and hit hard. They even laugh at you too. Ever see how happy they are? massive trolls.

Soraya Mayhew – Thief

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

As serious as the people on my server’s map chat suggesting that warriors need more movement speed, more CC, and stealth to complete the class and make it competitive.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Offair.2563

Psssh, balista is easy. Just dodge.

Bears though.
They’re fast and hit hard. They even laugh at you too. Ever see how happy they are? massive trolls.

Thanks a lot for killing my pet laughing to death.

Roll ranger your self and see how other people fare with it, you would be surprised to see how useless a pet can be. Or take that thief in your signature out and spamkill rangers.

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

PookieDaWombat.6209

I tried. My pewpew thief didn’t pewpew as far as the ranger pewpew and i don’t have OP pet which forced me to stealth and then they made the pet FIND ME! like srsly, it found me while stealthed! Talk about OP being able to nullify one trick i have to stay alive as thief.

Then I dieded.

Soraya Mayhew – Thief

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Offair.2563

I tried. My pewpew thief didn’t pewpew as far as the ranger pewpew and i don’t have OP pet which forced me to stealth and then they made the pet FIND ME! like srsly, it found me while stealthed! Talk about OP being able to nullify one trick i have to stay alive as thief.

Then I dieded.

Sneak up to the back of ranger and backstab or whatever they do, works most times but yea if you going to try and use range weapon vs a longbow ranger you will take massive damage – cant blame the ranger or the pet but only your self for not knowing how to handle it, pretty much a learn2play situation, rather then saying pets are OP

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

BearBow? meh. Try SpitBow. So OP. My spider spits poison into an empty area and half wit WvW players rolling into it. All the time.
Even the risens in Cursed Shore are smarter than that. Especially the nobles.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

2013 was Year of the Ranger Nerf.
Let’s be original with 2014.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: Gravox the Terrible.2157

Gravox the Terrible.2157

I too have experienced the might of the Devil-Bear.
Changes to meta make me think time to stop hiding in Divinities Reach and take Elementalist into WvW again. Ele much powerful again.
I grab Wup-Wup staff because Ele is Jacky of all trades, stronk in all.
Lightning hands! I run with fastness from spawn camp, see Necro!
Ha-ha silly Necro, my diamond skin is stronk against your Spiteful Signit, I change to burning hands, smite Necro with lava fountain and flaming balls. Victory!
Next see coward Thief, he stealth and run fast too afraid of powerful AOE. Ha-ha coward thief, go find Warrior to kill.
Then I see plantman Ranger with BEAR! I know ranger stronkest of all but must fight for honour of my father. Bear is running at me, I strike with fire, bear not care, still running. I use lava fountain and OP keep moving tactic. Flaming back roll! Bear keep coming, run all way up fire path. Why bear not on fire? Bear made of fur. Fur and teeth and devil eyes.
Ranger is pew-pewing me with small bow. pain. agony. indigestion.
Bear biting me, much bleeding! I make bleedings too, change to dirt hands use shocking wave. Bear is very hurt but so am I try to make space with super elite flaming run away sword.
Hit invisible rock start running on spot, then cunning plantman ranger uses leafy magic and I stuck more. Change to water hands for much healing, not heal 100% ranger shooting with icky poison arrow.
Then I see bear change colour! Same bear but brown now. Different colour but same devil eyes! Same bear.
Now I know. Bearamentalist! Bear change colour when attunement swap!
Bear 100%! Why bear heal so much in water?
Ranger use OP weapon swap to big bow and strike me with thousand arrows from heaven. Bear chewing, much damage even in water atunement, must be from F1 might stack, could not see screen properly through tears. Not bother trying to rez, did not want bear to change to fire atunement and drop lava bear nugget on me.

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: Slyfer.6478

Slyfer.6478

Inexperienced players should really stop with the “NERF THIS GUY’S PROFESSION BECAUSE I SUCK AT COUNTERING A ZERKER”. Don’t make a balance requesting thread unless you have a minimum of 8k AP or something.

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Inexperienced players should really stop with the “NERF THIS GUY’S PROFESSION BECAUSE I SUCK AT COUNTERING A ZERKER”. Don’t make a balance requesting thread unless you have a minimum of 8k AP or something.

That’s right! Everyone knows achievement points only come from experiences in WvW!

Which brings me to another point, it’s still not fair that rangers get achievement points for things they do and the things their pets do, giving them twice as much effective achievement points as everyone else. ArenaNet, when are you going to fix this? Am tired of SEEING the achievement leader boards populated by rangers.

Gate of Madness

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Offair.2563

That’s right! Everyone knows achievement points only come from experiences in WvW!

Which brings me to another point, it’s still not fair that rangers get achievement points for things they do and the things their pets do, giving them twice as much effective achievement points as everyone else. ArenaNet, when are you going to fix this? Am tired of SEEING the achievement leader boards populated by rangers.

waitwut, pets are able to duplicate achievement points??

This thread becomes even more hilarious then id ever expect haha

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

omg you guys trolled allie

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

I think she just trolled us!

Gate of Madness

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

You guys should hop into the Ranger CDI and say this stuff. Most of the Rangers feel that pets are actually not very helpful. It’s interesting how the feedback differs so greatly between this thread and that one!

I don’t think you realize what you’ve unleashed.

I’m actually very concerned now that you think this thread is serious.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

guis, guis, guis.
you is all worng

Baer is 4 helas.

Cat is 4 fihgt.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Jocksy.3415

waitwut, pets are able to duplicate achievement points??

This thread becomes even more hilarious then id ever expect haha

yep, yep, yep…

They do JP for me, too… problem is them having an hard time with the end chests, but when Op bear whacks at the chest a few time, it end up looting it…

#OPbearbowinOS

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Jocksy.3415

I think she just trolled us!

think so too (hope so?)
Well…
In for a good laugh!

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

And you guys wonder why the devs can’t take the WvW forums or various balance threads seriously…

Even Allie came in here and responded. Hopefully some players with legitimate concerns for Rangers were present in this thread and have expressed genuine concerns in the CDI.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

…okay, now the devs think pets are overpowered. Good job.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

the only real problem I have with rangers is underwater… they are impossible to kill because you get them to down state and their pet heals them at the same rate as you can do damage to them. BUT… this problem is really about the lack of damage that mesmers do.

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

You guys should hop into the Ranger CDI and say this stuff. Most of the Rangers feel that pets are actually not very helpful. It’s interesting how the feedback differs so greatly between this thread and that one!

Allie, this is a total troll post. Bearbow is the GW2 equivalent of the term ‘huntard’ from WoW.

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Allie this is the second time that I’m not sure if you got trolled or you are trolling us. I’m keeping my eye on you

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

;)

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

omg allie trolled us

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Ranger Pets Overpowered?

in WvW

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

I have 10k achievement points and I still can’t get an actual useful strategy for pets, specially that bear, only one who tried to do something is that “Offair” dude but I believe he’s trolling since most of his replies have been really negative on the thread.

Do we unlock some sort of advantage by having those points? Why is that a requirement?

Well at least the devs have now seen the post and hopefully in the future balance patch this pet madness will end.

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice