Removed crafting stations and vendors.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Let’s not even talk about WvW.

There’s a reason why there’s no crafting stations in HoT maps or in dungeons/fractals/raids and I’ve never seen requests for them. Can you imagine what it’d be like if people stopped in the middle of a fractal run “BRB need to craft, we’ll be 4% more effective after 15 minutes!”. What about people that are in a full map for Dragon’s Stand? Would it be cool if they just went in that crafting? What if I go into these things and halfway through I realized I didn’t bring my best food? I deal with it, and get prepared next time like anyone else who actually cares about using the best stuff.

This kind of behavior isn’t acceptable anywhere else. Why would it be acceptable in WvW?

Back when gold was harder to get I understand, but with dailies giving 2 gold every day, please seek out more time efficient ways for your crafting needs.

+1000

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Depraved Ambience.7942

Depraved Ambience.7942

“Pvt. Ambience reporting for duty!

Sir, yes, sir! I understand that WvW is for serious players only, sir! We’re at war, sir! Yes, sir, a soldier does not come into battle without being prepared, sir! Sir, yes, sir, I have entered battle without being optimally geared, sir! No, sir, I do not believe that my opinion matters, sir! Sir, yes, sir, I understand that that makes me a less serious player than you, sir! Sir, no, sir, I do not wish for convenience for my PvE characters, sir! They are worms, sir! Worthless worms, sir! Yes, sir, I realize that the ANet upper brass agree with you, sir! Sir, no, sir, I will not sully WvW anymore with my worthlessness, sir! Yes, sir, I would return the supply on all my toons if I could, sir! Sir, yes, sir, WvW is serious business, sir! Sir, no, sir, WvW is not a game, sir!"

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

LFG Auric Basin AFKers and flax nodes. We see that lots of people are doing the meta but we don’t care if they fail or not because death to elitism. Will tag for Hero Point train once we see Octovine decreases in health.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Depraved Ambience.7942

LFG Auric Basin AFKers and flax nodes. We see that lots of people are doing the meta but we don’t care if they fail or not because death to elitism. Will tag for Hero Point train once we see Octovine decreases in health.

The difference is you don’t see people who lose at Octovine taking to the forums and raging that a handful of people AFK made all the difference and caused them to lose and they should be kicked and the nodes should be removed.

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

The difference is you don’t see people who lose at Octovine taking to the forums and raging that a handful of people AFK made all the difference and caused them to lose and they should be kicked and the nodes should be removed.

Yah, cuz it’s never toxic when HoT metas fail

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Repeatable-Hero-Points-need-nerf/5878905
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Disable-ALL-HPs-in-HoT-with-meta-up
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/TIL-Not-Joining-a-Squad-gets-you-called-out/6009264
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/TIL-Not-Joining-a-Squad-gets-you-called-out/6018444

Basically, everyone going on a HoT map and not joining/supporting the commanders/squads is a totally wasted and useless playerslot.

This took less than a minute. I can keep finding them

Point is— there’s a reason why crafting stations aren’t there!

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Depraved Ambience.7942

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Repeatable-Hero-Points-need-nerf/5878905
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Disable-ALL-HPs-in-HoT-with-meta-up
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/TIL-Not-Joining-a-Squad-gets-you-called-out/6009264
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/TIL-Not-Joining-a-Squad-gets-you-called-out/6018444

Basically, everyone going on a HoT map and not joining/supporting the commanders/squads is a totally wasted and useless playerslot.

So remove the nodes, disable hero points, and promote toxic player behaviour! Salt for everyone!

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

So remove the nodes, disable hero points, and promote toxic player behaviour! Salt for everyone!

No. You claimed that people don’t get toxic and complain in forums about that kind of thing in Open World PvE when it’s clearly false.

If people are complaining about hero points which are actual parts of the map and people have legitimate reasons to be at them, then that’s a strong argument for not putting things like crafting stations in places where that might be a problem. You could go like “well, I go to HoT maps and they’re not always full!” but that’s not an argument.

And yes, if I am doing something like gathering or just AFK, I do avoid meta maps. It’s just basic considerate behavior.

in WvW

Posted by: ciavyn.7964

ciavyn.7964

Was there some mass train of WvW crafting stations happening that no one was aware of? Last I checked, the only time folks even checked out the crafting tables was in dire necessity.

While I realize the desire for FPS fail while crafting is hard to resist, I daresay most folks did NOT use the crafting tables just for the hell of it. And yes, having something there to encourage to new players to come hang out and check out WvW is helpful.

This is a GAME. It’s fun, a great chance to test out strategy and get some win in your life. It’s not some sort of save-the-world platform that can’t handle having some AFK players on occasion. Does no one here ever have to pee? It’s called life, y’all.

And just for reference: please, by all means, post the next time you get dropped into a META-HAPPY MAP when you go gathering. BY ALL MEANS, I WANT TO KNOW. ‘Cause in all the hours I’ve played—and it’s going on three years of way too many all-nighters—I’ve yet to be plopped down in a busy map when I’m out goofing off. Not with the new system.

Getting rid of bits and pieces that help new players feel comfortable, that aid current players with their playstyle is hardly an inconvenience for the hard-core. While no one will sob over the loss of the crafting stations, it’s also sad to see, as this is a game for many that represents a bit of home and nostalgia. Surely even the most focused gamers can appreciate that.

One would hope.

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

Was there some mass train of WvW crafting stations happening that no one was aware of? Last I checked, the only time folks even checked out the crafting tables was in dire necessity.

While I realize the desire for FPS fail while crafting is hard to resist, I daresay most folks did NOT use the crafting tables just for the hell of it. And yes, having something there to encourage to new players to come hang out and check out WvW is helpful.

How do you know this?

I didn’t think it was a problem but apparently the developers have seen otherwise. It could be not a problem where you play, but maybe it was a problem elsewhere.

Hello everyone,

Many of you have been inquiring as to why we made the decision to remove the crafting stations in WvW. We made this decision because we have been seeing an increase in queue times with world linking. Upon observation we found there have been players taking up space in the maps who are only crafting and not participating with their teams. However, we’ve been listening to your feedback today and we wanted to let you know that we will be adding a banker to each team starting area in EB, Alpine and Desert. Thank you for the continued feedback!

in WvW

Posted by: Shukriyya.7629

Shukriyya.7629

There’s a reason why there’s no crafting stations in HoT maps or in dungeons/fractals/raids and I’ve never seen requests for them. Can you imagine what it’d be like if people stopped in the middle of a fractal run “BRB need to craft, we’ll be 4% more effective after 15 minutes!”. You’d be booted, and for good reason.

What about people that are in a full map for Dragon’s Stand? Would it be cool if they just went in that crafting? What if I go into these things and halfway through I realized I didn’t bring my best food? I deal with it, and get prepared next time like anyone else who actually cares about using the best stuff. If you actually cared about optimizing the run with overpriced crap like Gnashblade and Bountiful Sharpening Stones, you’d also properly manage your inventory too. As for feasts, well, if I don’t have one, I just summon a trader and buy it right away.

This kind of behavior isn’t acceptable anywhere else. Why would it be acceptable in WvW?

The difference is that wvw has downtimes when there’s nothing to do. When the enemy guild groups stopped raiding and there were enough other scouts or roamers around to keep enemy roamers in check, it was perfectly acceptable to get your crafting done. And yes, that also meant that you were still on the map and would have been able to help if an enemy server decided to rush one of your keeps.

I guess the removal also means that I will no longer find myself accidentally playing a couple of hours of wvw on a Sunday afternoon when my intentions were only to do some quick crafting before preparing a meal – which might be good for me but not that good for my server.

Now I don’t know if you ever have any downtimes in tier 1, but my tier certainly does. It seems to me that the change might be good for T1, but it’s not beneficial for the lower tiers.

RoF

in WvW

Posted by: Cybil Song.2359

Cybil Song.2359

It’s the meanness of the few that drive peoples away. I love the comment of Depraved, very humorous and very much to the point. The drill sergeants of WvW, beware, because you are turning more peoples off, then arousing their interest.
Sure thing that something is dying, when the elitists , the extremists and the exclusionists are running the show, hmmmm… I should add the drill sergeants too, thanks for that, Depraved.

in WvW

Posted by: Serith.3712

Serith.3712

HOT Meta events can’t be compared to WVW at any level. You’re playing against a predictable AI event that has alot of room for error/afk players in map now that the strategies are known. On top of that, there’s multiple instances of the HOT maps running, too many players for one map due to hero point farmers/node harvesters/afkers just go find another one.

WVW is competition against human players, many of which take the play mode very seriously. There’s also a very limited number of open slots on any given map, also within the overall matchup. Those “few” players afking at crafting benches can make a difference and it’s also incredibly aggravating and frustrating for the players who actually WANT to play WVW that are sitting in queue.

IMO anything that reduces the amount of afkers and players who aren’t on a WVW map for the purpose of playing WVW is a good thing.

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

There’s a reason why there’s no crafting stations in HoT maps or in dungeons/fractals/raids and I’ve never seen requests for them. Can you imagine what it’d be like if people stopped in the middle of a fractal run “BRB need to craft, we’ll be 4% more effective after 15 minutes!”. You’d be booted, and for good reason.

What about people that are in a full map for Dragon’s Stand? Would it be cool if they just went in that crafting? What if I go into these things and halfway through I realized I didn’t bring my best food? I deal with it, and get prepared next time like anyone else who actually cares about using the best stuff. If you actually cared about optimizing the run with overpriced crap like Gnashblade and Bountiful Sharpening Stones, you’d also properly manage your inventory too. As for feasts, well, if I don’t have one, I just summon a trader and buy it right away.

The difference is that wvw has downtimes when there’s nothing to do. When the enemy guild groups stopped raiding and there were enough other scouts or roamers around to keep enemy roamers in check, it was perfectly acceptable to get your crafting done. And yes, that also meant that you were still on the map and would have been able to help if an enemy server decided to rush one of your keeps.

I guess the removal also means that I will no longer find myself accidentally playing a couple of hours of wvw on a Sunday afternoon when my intentions were only to do some quick crafting before preparing a meal – which might be good for me but not that good for my server.

Now I don’t know if you ever have any downtimes in tier 1, but my tier certainly does. It seems to me that the change might be good for T1, but it’s not beneficial for the lower tiers.

Not in Tier 1 actaully. Like I said in a previous post, it’s not really a problem here, but it doesn’t mean the problem doesn’t exist and it doesn’t make sense to change the game based on tier.

To be fair, I can see why having a reason to stay idle for a bit can make one stay longer, though I’m slightly skeptical on crafting taking that much time or at least enough to make a dent in said downtime. What could you be crafting so much on a regular basis?

Personally, when I craft, I tend to buy materials in bulk and then look away from the screen while making threads like: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Could-we-make-crafting-be-instant In the end if I really do want to go for a long crafting session and somehow I think I’ll be needed, I just stay on my server’s teamspeak for a bit more even after I’m done. If they’re not on TS, I sometimes tell people to whisper me if needed.

Anyhow, I think these are also things that a server chat/non-megaservered city could really fix, but whatever. And also consider spending your downtime in the Mystic Forge, even if it contradicts a lot of what I just said… =p

in WvW

Posted by: Redhame.5946

Redhame.5946

Well, back before this thread devolved into insulting one another, I saw some folks suggest adding crafting stations to guild halls. I suggest turning the scribing station into an anything station. It lets you craft whatever discipline your character has unlocked. No art changes.

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

They should put the scribing station in a better place too. It gets worse after the hall gets upgraded…

And honestly, I never bought the whole “convenience kills cities” thing since you can go to PvP to access your bank and sell things, but people are still going to the bank and vendor in Lion’s Arch. Also, the guild office for commendations and the Mystic Forge will still be there even if we can craft elsewhere.

It also hasn’t stopped Divinity’s Reach from being lively despite a lot of services being inconveniently placed, a horrifically designed Home Instance, and it’s also harder to reach than LA is

I’d go to Lion’s Arch more though if it was better placed— it was better when it was destroyed. That’s why voting Kiel was a mistake.

in WvW

Posted by: Meadfreek.6789

Meadfreek.6789

Well, back before this thread devolved into insulting one another, I saw some folks suggest adding crafting stations to guild halls. I suggest turning the scribing station into an anything station. It lets you craft whatever discipline your character has unlocked. No art changes.

While I love the idea of adding crafting tables (and more) to the guild halls. Please understand, not everyone belongs (or wants to belong) to a guild big enough for a guild hall. Guild halls are expensive for very small guilds or people just starting out and upgrades (like I imagine this would be) are more expense on top of that.

Mead
Tol Acharn [PHNX]
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Meadfreek.6789)

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I wasn’t aware that the crafting tables were some kind of buzz feature used to peddle WvWvW so I’m having a hard time buying the “it helps bring new people in” argument. It just seems disingenuous. WvWvW populations are being condensed, there being down time on the action doesn’t justify keeping crafting tables around to clog up the map with people who’re sitting around in safety during busy periods. It’s a competitive map with very limited slots, not an instanced PvE zone. Plus I remember a lot of complaining about raid afkers in VB scaling up the map for the people who were doing the meta and that was addressed for good reason. The ultra convenience for you shouldn’t stack up against a community of people who actually want to play on the map. Spend the silver, run for the 30 seconds, move passed it.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Nightshade.5924

Nightshade.5924

So, I’m not entirely clear as TO WHY the devs have done this change. Links, anyone? For myself, It’s an inconvenience. Used to be I could pop into home WvW, do some quick crafting if I needed to, and then I’d pop somewhere else to take a couple of camps or whatever.

I frankly have NO IDEA what ANYONE who is talking about a queue for WvW is talking about. The ONLY time I personally HAVE EVER SEEN A QUEUE FOR WvW is when I want to get into Eternal Battlegrounds.

And I’ve been playing WvW since six months (or so) after launch. About a week after I bought the game. So from where I sit, this inconvenience is unwanted, unnecessary, and uncalled for. Unless someone wants to post real server data vis a vis queue wait times for ORDINARY WvW.

Cheers.

in WvW

Posted by: Calliope.8675

Calliope.8675

#crafting-stations-for-obsidian-sanctum

I only see queues for EB sometimes in the evenings and all of the maps generally have a queue on reset night, maybe Saturday.

So Anet, as you can see, there have been several suggestions on where you could “move” the crafting stations. Removing them wasn’t your best idea.

#pvers-matter #wvwers-craft-too

in WvW

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

IMO anything that reduces the amount of afkers and players who aren’t on a WVW map for the purpose of playing WVW is a good thing.

Doesn’t this same argument apply to hero points, veteran critters, centaurs, and skritt? Doing ANY of those things is not “playing WvW” since it helps your team not a whit. Vet critters in particular attract a whole lot of PvE players who have no particular interest in WvW. And, as others have pointed out, the TP, bank, MF, and vendors are available outside of WvW. The specialty vendors (Laurel vendor etc. with WvW-specific merchandise) could easily be moved to LA, just like the dungeon vendors. Let’s just clean out the Citadel and keeps of any non-fighting NPCs entirely, except (possibly) for armor repair!

in WvW

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

Couldn’t have anything to do with Anet not wanting players to clean out their bags craft and a bit and let their participation rate dissipate before they leave WvW, could it?

in WvW

Cybil Song.2359

Sir, i reported for active duty, last night. Yes, sir, last night was just the same a before, EB that has no history of crafting stations, sir, and it had a long queue, sir.
Yes, sir, your solution is working, sir, but I still can’t report for duty on EB, sir.
The upper brass, sir, said to this worthless private, sir, that the problem would be fixed, sir, with removing the stations.
As it goes, sir, I can’t do my job, sir. The solution seems to not work in my case, sir.
This private is too dumb to guess, what a working solution, would be sir. This private is forced to wait outside EB, and cannot help his team, sir. Requesting transfer to EB, sir.

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

OK this whole thing about the crafting stations makes me laugh big time. Every time today that I went into ANY spawn including EB I saw no less than 8 people just standing around doing nothing… NOTHING… other than gathering reward points maybe?

And Anet took the crafting stations away because…. ???? oh right, we needed the space for the people that wanted to stand around collecting reward points… sheesh… seriously!

It took me ages to get into EB tonight only to find 12 people standing at spawn doing nothing… not a guild group either… sorry but this is a real crock…

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

OK this whole thing about the crafting stations makes me laugh big time. Every time today that I went into ANY spawn including EB I saw no less than 8 people just standing around doing nothing… NOTHING… other than gathering reward points maybe?

And Anet took the crafting stations away because…. ???? oh right, we needed the space for the people that wanted to stand around collecting reward points… sheesh… seriously!

Exactly! Removing quality of life feature was a dumb decision, while AFK at spawn/keep is the real problem.

Luckily I play on Desolation, where the queues are generally not an issue, despite being a linked with another server (Ruins of Surmia) and being in EU tier 1. My experience is that it even there is a queue to one of the 4 maps, it takes only about 1-10 minutes to get through that queue and you can do valuable stuff/your daily while you wait.

Perhaps the queues in NA are much worse?

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

The NA queues aren’t bad at all.. maybe in T1 and T2 they might be? I don’t know I’m not up there… but when I was with the first round of linking it still wasn’t bad except on reset nights.. so at the end of the day despite some of the people spitting venom at the crafters.. they were NOT a problem in my opinion.

in WvW

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Sir, yes, sir! I understand that WvW is for serious players only, sir! We’re at war, sir! Yes, sir, a soldier does not come into battle without being prepared, sir! Sir, yes, sir, I have entered battle without being optimally geared, sir! No, sir, I do not believe that my opinion matters, sir! Sir, yes, sir, I understand that that makes me a less serious player than you, sir! Sir, no, sir, I do not wish for convenience for my PvE characters, sir! They are worms, sir! Worthless worms, sir! Yes, sir, I realize that the ANet upper brass agree with you, sir! Sir, no, sir, I will not sully WvW anymore with my worthlessness, sir! Yes, sir, I would return the supply on all my toons if I could, sir! Sir, yes, sir, WvW is serious business, sir! Sir, no, sir, WvW is not a game, sir!"

The thing is,there;s limited amount of players that can join each map,and someone joining WvW just for the crafting stations might become the reason that a player that actually wants to do WvW stays out waiting in queue.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

The thing is,there;s limited amount of players that can join each map,and someone joining WvW just for the crafting stations might become the reason that a player that actually wants to do WvW stays out waiting in queue.

hmm.. did you see my note up a few notes? I see a lot more people standing around doing NOTHING at spawns and Citadel than I ever did at any crafting stations in WvW. I waited for a long time to get into EB the other night only to find a bunch of people doing nothing at the EB spawn.. and even more doing nothing in the Keep but standing around… While other people were out fighting the zergs. I watched as calls went ignored by these people… Please don’t try to tell me that any crafting station usage could possibly compete with these afk deadbeats…. :P

in WvW

Posted by: Odin the exiled.5764

Odin the exiled.5764

I must say, that is the stupidest reason to remove the crafting stations from wvw. Like many have said they have barely seen more then a couple ppl at one time crafting vs. all the afk’ers at the start of wvw. Not to mention Edge of the mists was created for those in ques to go to do their wvw thing while waiting to get onto their map. So now cuz you think the crafters were holding too many spots in wvw making the que long, there isnt much reason to keep edge of the mists running, since your “clearly” gonna have less wait time now by your reason lol. Give me a break, the crafting stations have been there for 3 years including 2 or 3 wvw seasons with 0 complaint. Now you wanna be moronic and remove them and use that for a reason? What a joke

Personally i think all the players that used to do wvw and craft there should just throw a dance party over by the crafting stations to keep these queue times high just to see what they do next and what lame excuse they use.

The only time my server has queue times is friday nights and it’s only for about 1-2 hours. Maybe a better solution to your queue times would be to balance out the servers more for wvw not remove something that wasnt a real problem lol.

Not to mention it’s just 1 wvw map out of the 4 lol Like that 1 map is holding up ppl from playing the other 3 lol

(edited by Odin the exiled.5764)

in WvW

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

I WvW every day provided I have time. Removing the crafting stations from WvW means I can’t craft while scouting etc. which means I will spend less time in WvW each day.
Please put the crafting stations back so I can WvW more.

BTW you usually find more people afking at the spawn entry point or at the Trading Post guy than at the crafting stations.

=))))))))

Scouting the BL spawn area is very important, who knows what those legendary defenders are up to! Maybe they are even playing dice!

This is a pathetic (albeit hilarious) attempt from a PvE player to pretend he does WvW.

Removing crafting stations from WvW was an awesome ideea, thank you for it ANet.

in WvW

Cybil Song.2359

Couldn’t have anything to do with Anet not wanting players to clean out their bags craft and a bit and let their participation rate dissipate before they leave WvW, could it?

Careful Roudabout, you are opening a nasty can of worms, There are some that would spew venom on you, just for that.
Never the less, what you say makes sense, so it will be safely ignored by most, they all seem to think that the proper behavior is to map to Lion Arch, to do all of that.

in WvW

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

Players coming in to WvW affect the total WvW population cap, throwing the WvW population off balance. That data is what is used to determine:

• What servers are paired together. The servers who have more players doing this will get paired up with less populated servers meaning they will have less WvW players in the game than other servers.
  • How much it costs to transfer to that server. Severs with more crafters will also have higher transfer costs making it more expensive and difficult to get players to transfer to their server. The higher the transfer fees the less players can afford to move there.
  • Whether or not that server gets locked as full and unable to transfer players on it at all. Some guilds are stopped from transferring their entire guild over mid transfer, so they get most of their guild on then it gets locked as full causing guilds to become split. ( As is the case with our guild at present). EVERY player actually does count when it comes to the WvW count, even if it is only 50 players on a server that are doing it, that is 50 actual WvW players a guild cannot get on to the server. 3-5 at a time can add up to a lot over time, then when you add the players coming in just to farm nodes and do dailies and it starts to really impact whether or not a server can compete.

I seriously hope you are completely wrong and ANet are not stupid enough to determine “Active WvW Population” solely based on how many people go into WvW during the day without taking into account how many people actually earn WXP (complete a WvW objective) during their visit..
IF that’s the reason to remove Crafting Stations I suggest recoding the way they check their active populations rather than removing a QoL thing. :P

I have a feeling people afk-farming their Gifts of Battle are a bigger reason for queues than the Crafting Stations ever were. <.<

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Eight pages of this nonsense? The WvW forum loves to talk.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Eight pages of this nonsense? The WvW forum loves to talk.

Agreed lol

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I agree with that actually, the nodes are far worse than the crafting stations could’ve ever been – ask almost any commander (one I know solved this by ignoring the nodes and his zerg – but he’s that good that people don’t want to miss out, so they’re ignoring the nodes as well – don’t neccessarily try this at home).

in WvW

Posted by: Damian.6978

Damian.6978

I cannot believe this topic has 8 pages. Next we’ll have a petition to have crafting stations in sPvP maps because what? You can’t be kitten d to TP to LA?

in WvW

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

I agree with that actually, the nodes are far worse than the crafting stations could’ve ever been – ask almost any commander (one I know solved this by ignoring the nodes and his zerg – but he’s that good that people don’t want to miss out, so they’re ignoring the nodes as well – don’t neccessarily try this at home).

You can have our victory nodes when you pry them from the cold, dead, hands of the commanders we don’t push with because they don’t let us get our victory nodes!

in WvW

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

I cannot believe this topic has 8 pages. Next we’ll have a petition to have crafting stations in sPvP maps because what? You can’t be kitten d to TP to LA?

I’m not anti removing them, the Royal Terrace ones in Divinity’s Reach suit my needs just fine. My only issue is with the “reason” behind removing them. I have not ever heard anyone complain about the number of crafters in WvW causing queues, in the almost 4 years the crafting stations have been there.. There’s been plenty of grief about afk:ers in spawn etc, but never any mention of “people taking up slots just to craft”. And from what I’ve read in this thread, people on other servers and in different tiers, don’t seem to have either. The reasoning strikes me as odd, that’s all.

in WvW

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

Thank you, now the queues will not be as bloated by people crafting.

in WvW

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

I WvW every day provided I have time. Removing the crafting stations from WvW means I can’t craft while scouting etc. which means I will spend less time in WvW each day.
Please put the crafting stations back so I can WvW more.

BTW you usually find more people afking at the spawn entry point or at the Trading Post guy than at the crafting stations.

=))))))))

Scouting the BL spawn area is very important, who knows what those legendary defenders are up to! Maybe they are even playing dice!

This is a pathetic (albeit hilarious) attempt from a PvE player to pretend he does WvW.

Removing crafting stations from WvW was an awesome ideea, thank you for it ANet.

Removing crafting stations from WvW was an absolutely rubbish idea. What makes it worse is the amount of gold seller spam I have to put up with now that I am forced to craft elsewhere.
Oh and I am a WvW player – trying to claim that I am not in order to invalidate my comment is pathetic. I used to spend at least 4 hours every day in WvW – mostly on home and enemy borders (I try and avoid EB as much as possible). I also have been on the same server since launch rather than bandwaggoning to whichever server is currently winning. OK, I’m not diamond rank (too much time spent scouting so merely platinum) but I am long past obtaining full masteries.
5 minutes of crafting used to cost me 5 minutes – now it seems to take at least 15 mins – not sure how that happens but it has – when you are doing that with multiple characters it adds up – hence why I am now doing about an hour less of WvW each day.
Based upon your post I have to question if you really have a clue what happens in WvW beyond blob vs blob in and around SM.

(edited by Nidome.1365)

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Reason crafting stations were removed:
1. Too many AFK PVE players taking up queue space in home boarderlands. No
2. Racial cities felt empty. Yes

I’ve never seen more than 4 people at a given time at the crafting stations in WvW, and it has never been a problem. Now, not only has the most convenient thing in the game gone, but LA takes 10x as long to load.

Work-around: Add crafting stations to Heart of the Mists, and/or player Home Instances. It’s 900 gems for a Home Portal Stone, and there’s plenty of space to add crafting stations in player HI’s.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

I think they really should fix up the cities too.

Lion’s Arch, as I’ve said before, is terrible. The crafting stations have no waypoint nearby and you have to run over. Then if you forgot something, you need to run to the trading post. It was actually better when it was “ruined” when crafting stations were near a waypoint. To make matters worse it’s easy to accidentally talk to NPCs.

Divinity’s Reach is good for everything except the crafting stations which are spread out a bit though not too awful given the elevator thing. The only reason I don’t frequent this place more is because the home instance placement is horrific.

Hoelbrak isn’t bad thanks to WP but it is still annoying to jump around. Incidentially, there’s a place in Wayfarer Foothills that seems to be a good crafting node. However, the home instance placement is atrocious as well.

Black Citadel actually isn’t that bad for crafting, depending on what you are crafting. Some stations are in weird places and there’s a bit of turning/wp’ing to get to the BL trader. Still better than LA. Home instance placement is okay. The main problem is the city itself is annoying to navigate, making it a pain for new toons.

Rata Sum is the best, because it’s the only city that wasn’t designed by bookahs. It’s a little walk over to the TP trader, but everything is fairly neat. It has the best home instance too. The vendor placement could be better though.

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

I haven’t been in wvw at all in over a week. You could say it was the crafting station removal, but truth is, it’s the match!

Anyway, since, I’ve been farming HOT maps for chieves, I’ve noticed one thing (which ties into another post on this forum), you get an outrageous amount of Bloodstone from VB, AB and TD.

Now, before (when I was in wvw for 8 hours scouting, defending, zerging, what have ya) I’d take my measly piles of Bloodstone, go to the station in wvw and kill what I could with the eater and craft Bricks with the rest if I had enough obi.

Now, I don’t have to worry about obi because it’s karmatically cheaper to purchase when coupled with airship parts in VB.

Therefore, spending 8 hours in VB, may yield more Bloodstone, but the karma I save buying obi to kill that bloodstone, really makes up for the hassle of hitting the pvp lobby and running through 2 loading screens to LA.

So, for over a week now I haven’t been taking up a que space for the convenience of emptying my bags at the end of a day of fighting in wvw.

Thanks Anet!

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

It’s simple: just put the crafting stations into the spawn points of eotm. It wouldn’t bother anyone, and you can pop in/out between ‘wvw’ and pve same as before. To reduce visual clutter, just make them the ghostly stations like in the airship.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

Work-around: Add crafting stations to Heart of the Mists, and/or player Home Instances. It’s 900 gems for a Home Portal Stone, and there’s plenty of space to add crafting stations in player HI’s.

Heart of the Mists: No – more gold selling spammers than there are in LA.
Home Instance via home portal stone: It’s 900 gems – that may be an “only 900 gems” for you but 900 gems could well be too much for others.

It’s simple: just put the crafting stations into the spawn points of eotm. It wouldn’t bother anyone, and you can pop in/out between ‘wvw’ and pve same as before.

Unless they have changed it moving from WvW to EOTM resets participation back to zero and if you are in EOTM then you cannot watch your home border map for white swords, orange swords or red dots while crafting a stack of something.

If Anet really believe that crafters are somehow clogging up the queue (and I don’t ever remember seeing more than 4 there) could they not instead have the crafting stations “Close” if there is a queue on the border and “Open” when there is not rather than removing them entirely? This would prevent crafters from clogging a queue but still allow WvW players to hop over and use them when things are quiet or while they are scouting.

in WvW

Posted by: Calliope.8675

Calliope.8675

Obsidian Sanctum still feels like a viable solution. It’s part of the main wvw, so people can still sit there for their tickers. It isn’t a main map, so people wouldn’t be “cluttering” a queue. You also almost never see someone in the JP. I went through it a couple days ago just because and didn’t see a single soul.

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Home Instance via home portal stone: It’s 900 gems – that may be an “only 900 gems” for you but 900 gems could well be too much for others.

You quoted me saying “only” when I didn’t. I used achievement points to cover 400 of the gems, and spent around 200g for the other 500. I do consider that a lot of gold. I don’t ever use a credit card to buy gems. It’s one of the items I’ve always wanted and only got it recently, and I wish I had it earlier.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

You quoted me saying “only” when I didn’t. I used achievement points to cover 400 of the gems, and spent around 200g for the other 500. I do consider that a lot of gold. I don’t ever use a credit card to buy gems. It’s one of the items I’ve always wanted and only got it recently, and I wish I had it earlier.

Just think of all the WvW players that either farmed gold or CC’ed for gems to transfer repeatedly. This is the only mode that requires this. Your measly 900 gems for a portal stone is moot.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Odin the exiled.5764

Odin the exiled.5764

havent checked this in a while and i see the last anet employee to reply a month ago mentioned they’re gonna add a bank at the start of each borderland? How is that gonna help lol. I can go to a keep for one. How am i supposed to turn my logs or ore into planks and ingots that i’ve farmed in wvw? If i leave to do it, then i don’t go back for the night, where when i was crafting in wvw i’d go back to roaming or defending. Removing them when it’s just 1 map that had them just seems silly, specially in the 4 years i’ve been playing wvw more players play in EB or karma train the other maps then do their own lol. Just doesn’t make sense removing them, specially since no viable solution has been provided lol.

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

I am not sure why there would be an immediate need to refine materials per session; it doesn’t really save that much space. I didn’t think WvW gave so many mats. It’d probaly take only a few minutes to refine all the mats I’ve gotten in a week though I do sell quite a bit of them.

Here’s my excess materials that have been collecting for quite a while. How long would it take to refine them? The silk was sorta bad, but I was actually using them for a purpose— ascended armor.

Though it does seem people pay a little more for the ingots and stuff. I didn’t realize they were that lazy. Hmm………….

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

Its been over a month? what is so kitten hard about adding npcs into spawns of each area?

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.