Keep it clean.
Keep it mean.
Let the games begin.

Attachments:

Sanctum of Rall vs Yak's Bend vs Gate of Madness 10/12/12

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Let’s do this. I’m looking forward to settling the score with YB.

Good luck, everyone!

in WvW

Posted by: Shredicus.8706

Shredicus.8706

Probably won’t be quite as good of a match as the last time we fought YB. Lost a lot of our decent WvW guilds and gained a lot of credit card commanders. But I digress, good luck and have fun!

edit: Referring to GoM here not SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Bunnehboo.6025

Bunnehboo.6025

i heard you are hungover we’re you at CSD’s little drink party the other night xD

~Caedas~

in WvW

Posted by: Imix.6152

Imix.6152

Some pretty obvious double teaming going on right now but alls fair in Wuv Wuv!

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Moose.8234

Lord Moose.8234

We had a thief wipe an entire group (30+) in a matter of seconds on one of the borderlands… is that even feasible??

Celenara
80 Warrior
Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: orci.5019

orci.5019

Some pretty obvious double teaming going on right now but alls fair in Wuv Wuv!

Doubleteaming? While the other two servers were bashing their head against SM’s wall Yak’s swept through a lot of eternal. I’ve seen no double teaming to speak of.

Server: Yak’s Bend.
Main: Hunter.

in WvW

Posted by: eqpablon.9072

eqpablon.9072

GoM is getting doubled on our home map. Meanwhile YB has 3 orbs…. Good job assisting with the double team SR….

in WvW

Posted by: Croimos.8302

Croimos.8302

Can someone explain to me how on earth we got all 3 orbs? Am I going to have to call Dr. Hax, or are we just that good.

(edited by Croimos.8302)

in WvW

Lord Moose.8234

Can someone explain to me how on earth we got all 3 orbs? Am I going to have to call Dr. Hax, or are we just that good.

The thief I mentioned above was from YB… I think the tag he had was [TOG]

Celenara
80 Warrior
Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Hindersveltten.2539

Hindersveltten.2539

It’s really not that uncommon for full glass cannon thieves to take down zergs. There was a video where a thief and a guardian just went around pulling zergs onto the guardian then the thief would aoe them all down. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find it – but here’s an example nonetheless:

Edit: At around 0:40 you can see a prime example.

(edited by Hindersveltten.2539)

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Bunnehboo.6025

i heard you are hungover we’re you at CSD’s little drink party the other night xD

Sorry just woke up for the second time today
I wasn’t aware CSD was having a drinking party. I’d been planning on staying up drinking till reset since Wednesday though
How’s the new match going? I’m gonna have a break and play the new XCOM game until midnight, then I’ll be back with more drinks for the Club GSCH vs WvW event. Good drinks, good music, good company and good brawling. Who needs to go to the pub.

in WvW

Elthurien.8356

We had a thief wipe an entire group (30+) in a matter of seconds on one of the borderlands… is that even feasible??

If it was the [TOG] Thief group I remember from last week, there was more than one
It might look like one Thief but there were probably 3 rotating Dagger Storm and moving in and out of stealth to confuse you. I ran into them last week and thought it was brilliant.

And for the Record.. I’ve known and played with TOG (The Older Gamers) for years. If this is the same group, they don’t hack. They are great guys and great players.

in WvW

Lord Moose.8234

Ok, my bad. It was my first time seeing a crowd get dropped like that. Pretty ridiculous.

Nerf thieves

Celenara
80 Warrior
Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Kuthos.9623

Kuthos.9623

Thieves are fine as a class, the problem is in huge battles when you run into rendering / culling issues, then you never even see them. By the time it “renders” their character they’ve already stealthed again.

in WvW

Posted by: replicant.3620

replicant.3620

So far all I’ve seen is SoR vs YB with GoM coming in to AJ us instead of taking other points to improve their place.

Peralta | 80 Human Necromancer | Pain Train Choo [Choo] | Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Imix.6152

So far all I’ve seen is SoR vs YB with GoM coming in to AJ us instead of taking other points to improve their place.

Yea its pretty obvious they aren’t looking for anything but undefended or easy captures.

in WvW

Posted by: eqpablon.9072

eqpablon.9072

Currently the only maps GoM owns anything on would be its own map, and EB. We don’t own much on our own map. We got doubled all night there. We have been completely pushed off SoR and YB; again double teamed. Apparently YB and SoR are ignoring EB, because we have Stonemist.

I just left SoRs map. We spawn in the bottom right, we owned nothing when my guild ported in. We took supply in the bottom right of the map (forget the name), and went up to take the tower just north of our spawn. We got sandwiched by SoR and EB. At one point SoR actually ran past EB and didn’t attack them at all.

Is there some “lets group up and double GoM” threads on reddit or somewhere else? Seriously.

Oh, SoR, it would be immensely helpful if you stopped pushing GoM and started pushing EB, they have all 3 orbs. You guys are constantly pushing our way, instead of the direction of the orb. It’s mind boggling.

in WvW

Posted by: ThighBruiser.7504

ThighBruiser.7504

Picture update pls?

Thigh Bruiser – [KoTa] Knights Of The Abyss
BlackGate

in WvW

Imix.6152

Currently the only maps GoM owns anything on would be its own map, and EB. We don’t own much on our own map. We got doubled all night there. We have been completely pushed off SoR and YB; again double teamed. Apparently YB and SoR are ignoring EB, because we have Stonemist.

I just left SoRs map. We spawn in the bottom right, we owned nothing when my guild ported in. We took supply in the bottom right of the map (forget the name), and went up to take the tower just north of our spawn. We got sandwiched by SoR and EB. At one point SoR actually ran past EB and didn’t attack them at all.

Is there some “lets group up and double GoM” threads on reddit or somewhere else? Seriously

Its just not true… When i was in EB and SoR was losing everything Yaks took the top 4 towers and Supply camps from SoR and GoM took the bottom 4. Neither side even had swords at any of their camps or towers on the West side of map (where GoM and Yaks meet).

As far as borderlands are concerned the maps are intentionally split so that whoever is the origin world is double teamed with one team going west and the other east. The only real double teaming that can hapkitten when either of the contesting worlds try to cross the south bridges over the ruins and start doing that back and fourth crap that grows into zergs banging on doors for no reason and has nothing to do with intentionally double teaming and more to do with how dumb solo players are.

in WvW

Posted by: Shaojack.3871

Shaojack.3871

On SoR right now on Yaks Bend since reset.
We have pretty much been fighting exclusively Yaks Bend since GoM has like 6 people on the map that I’ve seen. Yaks just pulled both our keeps, one with 5 siege golems.
GoM is simply the underdog in this fight. SoR pulled a super close win the last hours of last round so they been pushing us pretty hard this time =D

Plus we had like 2 hour q times tonight, pretty sure Yaks was full too.

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

Is there some “lets group up and double GoM” threads on reddit or somewhere else? Seriously.

Oh, SoR, it would be immensely helpful if you stopped pushing GoM and started pushing EB, they have all 3 orbs. You guys are constantly pushing our way, instead of the direction of the orb. It’s mind boggling.

hahahahahaha. gasp. hahahahaha. GoM has done nothing to attack Yak’s bend in their on Borderland. How about you grow a pair and attack yaks instead of wasting your time on the #2 server? lol

I’d also love to know how Yaks has had 2x our numbers all night, yet our queues were full. lol

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

(edited by Columba.9730)

in WvW

Posted by: Shredicus.8706

Shredicus.8706

Well they were paired in the previous matchup so they probably have an affinity for teaming up on the newcomer subconsciously. Can’t really fault them for it, it’s just human nature.

in WvW

Imix.6152

Some evidence showing the blatant double teaming SoR and Yaks are doing against poor baby GoM!

Oh wait…

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

Hmm, and let the “conspiracy theory alliances” begin!

In reality:
People dont have the means to alliance 1 server or another unless multiple guild go across them.
In addition to that all 3 were fighting in SOR BL.

Also:
I find it amusing everyone who screams “blah blah has an alliance!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Wrong. 99% of the time, the 1 server see’s another fighting the 3rd server. (Or 2nd/1st ranked.) Then uses it to their server’s advantage. Get over it, it’s a 3 way battle.

I’ve only seen 2 servers work together on 1 map a while back, but it was one time, and was none of these 3.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Columba.9730

i think that the max cap mechanic is now broken. we had 30 min queues to get into GoM borderlands, yet we were outnumbered by yaks by 2:1

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in WvW

Posted by: buki.3108

buki.3108

lol only took YB 7 hours of out-numbering us with 3 orbs to take our keep… they waited until we had no defenders and ported 20 golems. I guess you finally learned that’s the only way you will take a keep from us haha

in WvW

Posted by: Merv.3782

Merv.3782

i think that the max cap mechanic is now broken. we had 30 min queues to get into GoM borderlands, yet we were outnumbered by yaks by 2:1

More like 5:1 Columba… it was insane!!!
And we also know Yaks way of play:
1. Siege everything.
2. If out numbered, run to siege.
3. If we have numbers, steam roll with siege!
4. More Siege!!!

Proud Member of Vigilance
Shinoa – 80 Guardian – Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Spartyr.6795

Spartyr.6795

More like 5:1 Columba… it was insane!!!
And we also know Yaks way of play:
1. Siege everything.
2. If out numbered, run to siege.
3. If we have numbers, steam roll with siege!
4. More Siege!!!

Hey nothing wrong with that. Yak’s showed up to play this match. Everyone else is wandering around like they’re hungover.

Spartyr – Norn Thief
[GSCH] Gaiscioch Gaming Community

in WvW

Posted by: Dethroat.3514

Dethroat.3514

lol only took YB 7 hours of out-numbering us with 3 orbs to take our keep… they waited until we had no defenders and ported 20 golems. I guess you finally learned that’s the only way you will take a keep from us haha

I took part in that, and I’m from YB. I have a video of the Golem attack, and it was actually 5. I’ll post the video later.

Dethroat – Human – Necromancer – War is Hell [WAR] Leader
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Nanorin.9285

Nanorin.9285

3:15 AM EST go Yaks!!!

Attachments:

(edited by Nanorin.9285)

in WvW

Posted by: Cygni.2790

Cygni.2790

Currently the only maps GoM owns anything on would be its own map, and EB.

You should check the map again. As of right now YB owns GoM.

in WvW

Posted by: Pooka.3420

Pooka.3420

Hey Guys.. Stop being mad : ) You Forget Team Pooka is here… Yaks Bend is using strats.

Highbeams(Druid) Pooka Pook(Ranger) – Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Everlast.4789

Everlast.4789

BL GoM- So just to break down why Yak’s bend is leading. A major battle ensued going on as SoR was trying to get Bluebriar from YB and GoM the keep in Shaddaran hills. A guild of [FOO] alongside other couple of people organized a zerg of golems of about 20+ to completely solve the relentless attack on bluebriar and get Dreaming Bay’s keep and the keep just south of the GoM citadel. This started a streak of attack on the garrison just above the lake and also on the 2 towers north of GoM’s BL. In the end we ended up owning the whole map including supply camps.

GoM have been getting the better of us in the last encounters and have continuously been beating YB in the last WvW matches it has had. SoR is proving also their ground but then got overwhelmed due to the zerg of golems.

Attachments:

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Kita.7819

Kita.7819

I take it Rall’s hacker got banned?

Kita – Guardian
Server: Darkhaven. The Besthaven.

in WvW

Posted by: Sorrow.7384

Sorrow.7384

All Hail The Golem Zerg.

Attachments:

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Siliconhobbit.4361

Siliconhobbit.4361

I took part in that, and I’m from YB. I have a video of the Golem attack, and it was actually 5. I’ll post the video later.

Ahem…It was well over 10 (closer to 15) Golems that took Dreadfall Bay. I was the lonely Asura at the Northeast Gate of Dreadfall Bay when I saw them coming. I hustled as fast as I could to the inner gate but was struck down by to many numbers. I didn’t rez and watched an ARMY of Golems come up out of the water and beat down the inner door. We had no time to form up our defenses and get into the Keep Lord’s room. We had a few manning the siege in there but it just wasn’t enough.

The above pictures show just how many zerged Dreadfall Bay. Funny scene is it not?

in WvW

Columba.9730

I am not blaming Yak’s Bend at all. Much respect. My issue is that we were heavily out numbered yet still had 30 min queues. I don’t get it. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if Anet broke the borderland pop cap mechanic.

in WvW

Posted by: Everlast.4789

Everlast.4789

I wouldnt count out that this week is over. After all this is barely starting. Although we are leading by some 2k or 3k GoM has shown in the past to come back from behind. But im surprised with SoR. The server had pretty much an outstanding presence till the Golem legion was formed, after that it seems morale got down. I relogged a few seconds ago and saw that 2 supply camps are owned each by SoR and GoM. So lets just wait and see. YB need this win as we are tired of being beaten bad lately.

in WvW

Posted by: Nut.4713

Nut.4713

I’m pretty disappointed at all the whining already. Quite a change from the relatively sportsmanly and respectful match we had last week. There was no double teaming, and Yak’s did not out number anyone tonight. SoR and GoM, you got outplayed. Sorry. Hopefully you can put up a better fight than this throughout the week. SoR, I know you’re capable, GoM I’m not sure about. The whining and excuses certainly aren’t helping.

Aeyden – Elementalist
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Gummy Bear.7046

Gummy Bear.7046

I’m very excited for this week’s match up. As for the ques, I’m happy we have them, yes it’s frustrating but it’s better then not having 50 people on. We had our ques but we waited and got organized. Now you know how awesome this week is going to be. See you on the battleground!

in WvW

Posted by: FuzzyStarburst.3071

FuzzyStarburst.3071

These orbs are stupid. Great job to Yak’s for a good strategy, but ANet needs to fix this, it’s kind of stupid when it’s impossible to fight anyone on the ground. It’s not wholly broken, but it’s a mechanic that does nothing but cause frustration.

in WvW

Posted by: alfy.3875

alfy.3875

The Gate of Madness players that camp the EB jumping puzzle to kill people from ARC are really unsportsman like, use traps, kill enemies, but don’t camp for hours when people are just trying to enjoy content.

in WvW

Posted by: preech.4071

preech.4071

All I have to say is it seems Yaks has sucker punched both realms early on and have since hidden themselves (with their cute lil 3 orb buff) inside keeps. Smart move girls it tickles when u take woodhaven! But dont worry the red bull will eventually wear off and well be sitting at that keep door ….. getting our orb back.
signed SOR

in WvW

Posted by: preech.4071

preech.4071

Is also very cute how Yaks has gotten a little braver in jumping out and fighting players face to face …….. guess they figured the only way they’d win is with that buff ; )
its ok Yaks …..exploit exploit exploit.

in WvW

Posted by: atarigenocide.4987

atarigenocide.4987

I find it amazing that people are whining about YB taking an undefended garrison. What, we should only try to take heavily defended ones? Heh.

Also, using a ton of golems/siege is not an exploit. Such a change in behavior from last round, which is disappointing.

in WvW

Posted by: Fikfain.5849

Fikfain.5849

Oh come on….this is the third week in a row that Sanctum of Rall is blue again!

Fikbomber — Big Red and White Charr Engineer
Fikfain — Little Purple Sylvari Mesmer
Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

in WvW

Elthurien.8356

Good game tonight Yaks. I had to stop because for some reason I get over 2 seconds between when I push a button and when it activates anytime 5 or more golems are in one map. You guys are definitely upping your game this week.

in WvW

Posted by: freess.6820

freess.6820

wvwvw update…

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: alfy.3875

alfy.3875

and another update

Attachments: