Sanctum of Rall vs Yak's Bend vs Gate of Madness 10/12/12

in WvW

Posted by: Worban.1574

Worban.1574

Sorry to interrupt your thread…just have to say,
@SALENIA: Be prepared for the possibility of second or even third place next week because Darkhaven has our sights set on you!

in WvW

Posted by: SALENIA.6807

SALENIA.6807

@Worban. SoR never backs down from a challenge. But, if DH has gotten rid of all their Orb hackers, then we welcome fighting you guys again! GoM just doesn’t seem to have the numbers to keep up with us (or Yaks). NSP and DH gave us a run for our money the last two weeks. But SoR has some seriously dedicated WvW guilds that coordinate well together. This week isn’t over yet but I like our chances.

Rheago (Ranger) ~ Bloodninja (Thief)
[CoR] ~ Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Worban.1574

Yes, Salenia. We as an organized server are fully committed to fair play; will report any and ALL hackers from our server (if we get the chance) and give orb back to any server who loses it to a low-life hacker from our side, just as Yaks has so honorably done. (Cheers to Yaks on that call!)

I say we have our sights set on you because DH has been SO incredibly eager for a rematch with SoR, it’s been our motivation; our fuel to climb the ladder (that and a lot of coffee). We hit WvW hard last week and are again this week, just to fight SoR again. A fun rematch with you guys has been our driving force to accomplish what we’ve done so far.

Yeah, far from over yet, and we might not even be matched up because nothing is certain this early in the week. But exactly as you said, “I like our chances” of meeting up with you on the battlefield again next week! I also like our chances when we finally get to go head-to-head because we’ve taken our game to the next level with lots of fresh enthusiasm for WvW.

Good luck this week to everyone here, and again, sorry to bust in on your thread on something that doesn’t have much to do with your current match-up.

in WvW

Posted by: Shaojack.3871

Shaojack.3871

Good job on all the siege equipment in invuln zone GoM. =P
If ya cant beat em, cheat em =P

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Eeks.1865

Eeks.1865

Yeah, GoM has lost almost all of our WvW guilds over the past month. We can no longer compete with any of the mid-tier worlds. We just don’t have the numbers or the strategy at this point =(

in WvW

Posted by: gosu.4128

gosu.4128

Yeah, GoM has lost almost all of our WvW guilds over the past month. We can no longer compete with any of the mid-tier worlds. We just don’t have the numbers or the strategy at this point =(

The strategy is there.

The numbers did play a factor, but it wasn’t the only factor.

The biggest factor is this: People mindlessly do things on their own, the (one and only) zerg goes to random places it has not business going, ignoring even commanders, and those who have given any ounce of coordination and strategic thinking.

GoM really has ZERO discipline. None whatsoever. And that is the biggest reason why we’re losing.

in WvW

Posted by: Hindersveltten.2539

Hindersveltten.2539

Man, I don’t know where this ’Yak’s bend just has greater numbers’ thing is coming from. During primetime the first couple of hours after the match reset I got into all the BL with the exception of Yak’s without a q, and all day Saturday into even EB without a q.

As of right now, we have about 5 people in each borderland.

in WvW

Posted by: Eeks.1865

Eeks.1865

It is because our borderlands are now filled with PvE focused people who don’t understand WvW. As the sports world likes to say, we are going to be entering a rebuilding process. Let’s just hope that the guilds that are still here don’t abandon us for greener pastures as well.

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

I’m really surprised GoM has taken the backseat. .

Still a long way to go, not even halftime yet. SOR was floating in 3rd for the longest time 2 weeks ago before we turned it up for the 2nd half.

in WvW

Posted by: Munki.9452

Munki.9452

I wish I knew what happened to people on Yaks yesterday. When I logged on in the evening (prime time PST) there was basically no queue for any BG, and my guildmates said it’s was like that most of the day.

Did people think our early lead was just going to win the game after only one day? C’mon guys we can’t let SoR just steamroll us for the rest of the week! All our servers deserve a better fight than that.

in WvW

Posted by: Bonx.3856

Bonx.3856

For those interested, this is from 12:35pm CST. There has been a lot of good battles against YB in EB this morning. Keep it up, I need more badges!

Attachments:

[GSCH] Graffix
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Walabone.6713

Walabone.6713

Can Yak’s and GoM take something? I’m bored.

Walabone – Borlis Pass
Ascension [WAR] Officer | [ÆÆÆÆ] | Driver of BP’s GvG guild [BB]

in WvW

Posted by: Narcosis.3812

Narcosis.3812

All those chickens that YB has been counting came home to roost

Duplicitous, Free Kitty Riot, Robalai Bleeds, Narcotic Reign [TWL] Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

gosu.4128

Can Yak’s and GoM take something? I’m bored.

Lmao, yea so Yaks and GoM exist purely to keep you from getting bored right? -__-

Anyway, until GoM gets more disciplined, we have no business capping anything.

in WvW

Posted by: Vexacion.3971

Vexacion.3971

Don’t burn yourself out SoR. I logged in this morning and jumped in to hear more than one commander announcing they were ready to pass out and logging.

in WvW

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

Yak’s Bend – As a Sanctum of Rall loyalist, I salute your class. WHen you see someone on your side hacking the orb, you did the right thing. That is a real class act. In the midst of getting beaten last night, it elevates your integrity even higher in my eyes. I would be honored to keep fighting you all. Thank you.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in WvW

Posted by: oldephartte.4369

oldephartte.4369

Having cussed out Yaks, and rightly so, when the hack occurred, to all but the guilty, my apologies. To the guilty, may you get the punishment you deserve and may others think twice about following in your ill-fated footsteps. I shudder to think how behave in RL.

Just another run-of-the-mill gamer.

Running on SoR from day 1 minute 1

in WvW

Posted by: Nut.4713

Nut.4713

As to the orb hacking, it’s pretty discouraging to hear people suggest Yak’s condones this as a server and coordinates attacks around an attempted hack. Maybe some of you have forgotten that we gave an orb back last week as well when it was hacked. We are just as interested in a fair match as SoR and will report hackers on our server as vigorously as you will.

Anyway, glad to see the match is close now. Seems we had a lot of people consider the job finished after Friday. Expecting a good fight for the rest of the week.

Aeyden – Elementalist
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: SALENIA.6807

SALENIA.6807

“As to the orb hacking, it’s pretty discouraging to hear people suggest Yak’s condones this as a server and coordinates attacks around an attempted hack.”

Although we are sure you did not condone the Orb hacking (you have provided proof that you didn’t). You definitely used the Orb distraction to attack Garrison. It is currently a lovely shade of Blue so we aren’t too upset. But, there is no denying the Orb hack distraction is the only reason you took it last night. We were scouting and preparing to destroy your Golem Siege. The Orb growing wings made us all flow the opposite direction.

Kudos for allowing us to take the orb back tho. That was class all around.

Rheago (Ranger) ~ Bloodninja (Thief)
[CoR] ~ Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

As to the orb hacking, it’s pretty discouraging to hear people suggest Yak’s condones this as a server and coordinates attacks around an attempted hack. Maybe some of you have forgotten that we gave an orb back last week as well when it was hacked. We are just as interested in a fair match as SoR and will report hackers on our server as vigorously as you will.

Anyway, glad to see the match is close now. Seems we had a lot of people consider the job finished after Friday. Expecting a good fight for the rest of the week.

I agree. Based on your actions, I applaud your server for acting honorably, and I went out of my way to do so. We know most of your server is comprised of honorable players.

Honestly, I’d rather come in dead last then to win with a hack.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in WvW

Posted by: Nero.7964

Nero.7964

Good comeback by SoR yesterday. Less whining – more strategy and tactics please.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

SoR has a propensity towards comebacks after being dominated. I dare say you stand a better chance at beating them if you never dominate them >.>

From Dh, we’re fighting bloody hard to get our rematch! We currently lead by about 15k over NSP and EB (both wonderful opponents), and one of our largest motivations is to have a rematch with you SoR! Let’s see if Dh can hold onto that over the week so that we can have a shot at our revenge!

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

(edited by Arius.7031)

in WvW

Posted by: Bunnehboo.6025

Bunnehboo.6025

YB and GoM we have big bot problem they like to hang out in the skritt and centaur area if you be so kind to kill them it would be greatly appreciated. right now they are farming the krait in our borderlands

Enjoy the free badges <3

~Caedas~

(edited by Bunnehboo.6025)

in WvW

Posted by: sklurb.6302

sklurb.6302

Just want to say that the WvW experience has been quite enjoyable overall. I am enjoying how passionate our server and contenders have been and look forward to many years of WvW.

I think most servers have experienced their share of unfair setbacks due to bugs, exploits, hacks, bots, etc. I hope that we can all show good sportsmanship to one another regardless and continue toward pulling our servers together with constructive leadership to make the challenge even more ferocious.

Let the teamwork do the talking!

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

wow Sanctum, you really need NSP to help you win in a WvW match up :P

Oh Snap flipped that for you.
Here’s to playing WvW from midnight to 7am with good company and copious amounts of alcohol.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Gaddafi Duck.6371

Gaddafi Duck.6371

So is GoM going to show up sometime this week?

in WvW

Posted by: reclis.4705

reclis.4705

Nicely played by all. Almost wish they would hide the scoreboard for the first weekend.

Rekklis- Goat Faced Mesma
Reclis- Overweight Warrior
{GSCH/ROAR} Sanctum Of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: viperior.2461

viperior.2461

Check out Sanctum of Rall’s epic repel of Yak’s Bend this morning on Yak’s own borderland map at Dreaming Bay. We went from having 7 trebuchets hitting our inner walls from the outer ramparts to completely wiping Yak’s army. AWESOME fight guys!!

Knight Of Flowers – Caedas Guild [CDS] – Sanctum of Rall – Healing Warrior Monk
~The kind of Norn who one-shots his coffee before it even cools down.~
http://caedas.enjin.com ~ http://youtube.com/viperior

in WvW

Posted by: warmonkey.8013

warmonkey.8013

If they hid the scoreboard first weekend, we at SoR wouldn’t have anything to get upset about and motivate us for the rest of the week =)

Sad GoM isn’t doing more, seems like mostly a numbers problem though so maybe it’ll resolve itself

I’d look forward to a DH rematch, but it looks like you guys might have to keep chasing us.. at least at this point it does!
http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

Frigi Dair — SoR Necro

in WvW

Posted by: buki.3108

buki.3108

say wat? I leave for one day and when I come back SoR is smoking Hacks Bend LOL.

in WvW

Elthurien.8356

Nicely played by all. Almost wish they would hide the scoreboard for the first weekend.

The scoreboard is part of the psychological war. It lures over confident servers into a false sense of security. It destroys morale of those without the will to fight. It fuels the fire of those that seek vengeance. If that map wasn’t red for most of friday night, we might not have fired up as much as we did.

in WvW

Worban.1574

Oh don’t worry, warmonkey. We’ll chase as far as we have to reach you guys, even if it means chasing you to 1st bracket.

Vengeance is our engine. Coffee and/or booze is our regular fuel to catch up. Once we do, we’re going all nitro on ya! And may the better server win!

in WvW

Posted by: Aaron.4807

Aaron.4807

YB and GoM we have big bot problem they like to hang out in the skritt and centaur area if you be so kind to kill them it would be greatly appreciated. right now they are farming the krait in our borderlands

Enjoy the free badges <3

This problem is kind of huge as it takes away our slots for players that want to actually play the game. I reported all that I could find today before logging and it was seriously about 20 bots total.

Wrekks/Wrekts

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Check out Sanctum of Rall’s epic repel of Yak’s Bend this morning on Yak’s own borderland map at Dreaming Bay. We went from having 7 trebuchets hitting our inner walls from the outer ramparts to completely wiping Yak’s army. AWESOME fight guys!!

Nicely repelled, but YB was so disorganised during that siege it was ridiculous.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Elthurien.8356

Anyone have a current update? I’m stuck in real life for another 7 hours. Nerf RL plx

in WvW

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Not bad past 24 hours for SoR, 60k points.

Attachments:

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in WvW

Posted by: Sirenic.4275

Sirenic.4275

Alright the problem with GoM..

First of all, we are fine. Everyone is fine, we got the discipline and we showed that last week with our enormous win.

The problem with GoM.. is that when we lose, and are in complete last place like we are now…

We lose all motivation…. So thats what happens… we lose all our hope and we just give up.

-Phizyn

-Phizyn [80 Sylvari Guardian]
Leader of Protocol [PRO]

in WvW

Elthurien.8356

Thanks for the update Ascii. Hang in their GoM don’t lose steam, there’s still 5 days to go.

in WvW

Posted by: Munki.9452

Munki.9452

@ Sirenic

That’s not a problem unique to GoM That’s a problem most servers have. I have the utmost respect for SoR’s general attitude towards WvW, as they tend to fight harder when down. Most servers it’s very easy to see a massive dropoff occur as soon as one side gets a commanding lead.

Hopefully Yaks wakes up during the week, last week we managed to keep it close. But if SoR has another full night of pure dominance it’s going to be a pretty deep hole to dig out of.

in WvW

Elthurien.8356

To he honest even I was a little dismayed after Yaks Alpha siege assault on our borderlands on Friday night. Then I realised that they just can’t possibly afford to do that every night. If a server pushes too hard out the gate they may just run out of steam. Moderation, determination and coordination (communication). props go to the many guilds on our server that work together, some of which stay up for ungodly amounts of time without sleep (Mara :p ). I love you all.

in WvW

Posted by: Sue.4361

Sue.4361

There is so many fair weather guilds on SoR since we started kicking butt that the people who were here from the beginning can’t get in the matches.

The free transfers are ruining the game.

We don’t need or want you.

in WvW

gosu.4128

@ Phyzin

Kratts here. I have no doubt your guild, and a few more guild has discipline, but as we’ve both seen, the zerg has a mind of its own, and even your own commands are sometimes ignored by this zerg.

I may be pessimistic in my observation here, but though we did win last match up, as another has pointed out, it was due to the fact that we faced a lower tier, who also employs the zerg approach.

With this particular match-up, not only does YB and SoR reduce their usage of the zerg, they play strategically, in groups of 10-15. With multiple of these groups, they are much more flexible, and we have a harder time to respond.

We always have to adapt to a new opponent, however our lack of adaptation is due to the fact that people don’t have the discipline to follow orders (even from a commander).

Discipline ensures that, though the motivation is low, people would still execute orders; maybe not as effectively, but much more organized than the situation we’re in.

in WvW

Posted by: Raist.4580

Raist.4580

From one map to another GoM is night and day. Can be in Eternal and its a well oiled machine with many working together. Jump over to GoM border and its noobsville with every comment in team/map having to do with graphics problems and people running around like chickens with their heads cut off. We also have a problem with commanders disappearing after a small setback. Most like the challenge but some are just there for a kitten ego contest.

But it does not matter, its only been a few days. With luck GoM will hit its stride during the week and make a run.

Raist Delirium | [KBD] Killed by Death | Tarnished Coast
Commander of the Army of Northern Virginia
http://failmore.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Kohai.2571

Kohai.2571

update time

Attachments:

[LUN]Lunáticos – Sanctum of Rall – Brazilian Guild
http://lunaticosgw2.enjin.com [PT-BR]

in WvW

Elthurien.8356

Thanks for the updates (4.5 hours till I get back in the action) keep em coming.

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

There is so many fair weather guilds on SoR since we started kicking butt that the people who were here from the beginning can’t get in the matches.

The free transfers are ruining the game.

We don’t need or want you.

Sue. I have to concur with that. Sitting in a 30 minute que sucks. I’d at least appreciate a que timer. Like show me that I am # 9135648731564 in the que….

30 minute Queue’s aren’t that bad.
Also if all who were transferred here were to leave because you don’t “want” us, You would be losing some larger organized WvW focused guilds.

Honestly it all boils down to be careful what you wish for.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Elthurien.8356

I haven’t noticed any fair weather guilds transferring to SoR. I think we should be welcoming guilds like [CDS] Caedas Guild and [TW] Tempest Wolves with open arms. It’s true that our US population is full but we should never turn down people that want to join our community. Especially those that are active and genuinely helpful. As long as transfers treat our community with respect and leave their drama and egos behind they are quite welcome imo. CDS has proven to be a great addition to our community.

in WvW

Posted by: Sue.4361

Sue.4361

We were doing fine without you server hoppers.

Coattail riders…..

in WvW

Elthurien.8356

We were doing fine without you server hoppers.

Coattail riders…..

I hope you’re not referring to me. This server was named for our guild after one of our members. There are no coat tails to be ridden. I still need to talk to Arena.Net about correcting the spelling of Etheron Hills keep (It’s Elthurien Hills Keep)

in WvW

Posted by: Yshyr.8709

Yshyr.8709

I doubt that SOR is going to suddenly be overrun by queue times. Vigilance was originally going to join Jade Quarry so we could play with Tempest Wolves and the rest, but decided we would rather go with SOR so we could be sure and get the entire guild into the mists without massive queues. They are easily some of the best pvp guilds there are. Which makes them a huge boon to SOR and we are very happy we get to fight alongside them.

Even if we move up it will be another month before we make it to the top tiers. Hopefully enough time for AN to shut down transfers.