Some ANET interfered with our GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Vintorez.1605

Vintorez.1605

in WvW

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

Oh and make sure to start from the 22nd minute.

in WvW

Posted by: DrWhom.3105

DrWhom.3105

No matter how dumb it was to do what he did, sending him any kind of harassment after the fact is even more idiotic. It’s just asking to have this thing turned around to make the GvG community look bad for taking things too far (see: stream spamming going on far too long).

Starting a duplicate in General Discussion was also a mistake, even if the responses in there from PvE players are hilarious. Makes it seem like you’re trying to rally pitchforks for a witch hunt.

MAG

in WvW

Posted by: kamedin.4698

kamedin.4698

So really the only way to define GvG here is its organized than other battles, because i’ve seen large guild groups meet up and battle it out but just because they got in our way, its going to happen. Idk why they call it Guild Wars 2 if there is no guild wars in it.

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

Stop these hate posts and watch the video! The Commander insulted the Anet guy with “move kittening kitten” before he even said something. The Commander even called him an idiot. The Anet Guy’s reaction wasn’t even that unprofessional, it was reasonable.

Regardless of how impolite these guys were, it doesn’t change the fact that this Anet employee was there in the first place to provoke these people, by interfering in their GvG, and it’s clear to see that he was aiming to cause some sort of reaction, which he obviously succeeded in.

~~Ayeres~~

in WvW

Posted by: Pryda.8257

Pryda.8257

Oh,and the Dev’s account name is Astrea.1794.You can check the you tube video for the account name at around 22 minutes where the uploader moved his cursor over the dev’s character.

Wrong, the account name is Evan.something which I won’t post. Just add the guy in game.

Red Guard [RG]

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Ahm, ok so i checked the vid and i can see the amount of insulting – coming from the players – starting with “just let the kittenes in the middle die” and continuing by calling him a kitten and telling him to play somewhere else.
Once again – you were insulting him because he wasn’t playing the game based on your rules.

I was working in an ISP center in the past and I must say it.. You people are the kind of ppl that the whole company laughs at.

Here we go again, someone who cant see the underlying issue. I have one thing for you to picture though, how are THEY supposed to play the game when the DEVs implement a crappy matchmaking system that resulted in them steamrolling their opponents?

It’s not about being the best, it’s about doing the best you can do in any given situations – if you didn’t learn that in your life then i don’t have anything else to say to you
-and also, it’s you who doesn’t want to understand :P people were insulting whoever interfered with their gvg game.
You can’t expect anything better from anyone else if you’re a piece of s- yourself ^^

Look, it’s really simple. There’s no other reason to be there behind the windmill EXCEPT to GvG, watch the GvG, or troll the GvG. He wasn’t there to GvG. He could have been there to watch the GvG. But no, if he came to troll the GvG then he’s going to be treated as a troll. Treating a troll as a troll is not disrespect. The fact that he also popped the Anet tag to represent the company while being a kitten is what takes it to a whole new level.

There is lot’s of reasons to be behind windmill. Farming mats and skill points, sneak patch to enemies supply camp. XD

Ok that was a bit mean, but either way. You should do to the skrit area. It’s better for gvg.

People do that when a server is ticking 500+ and leading by 200kish? I thought they quit and went to PvE.

this very much. on my server guilds fight during the entire week, but towards the end there is a few gvg happening and i think its a great addition in wvw. btw that gvg happened 1 hour before reset.

also the dev knew that this was a gvg area, why did he go there and why did he stand in the middle of it? people asked him t leave and he didnt move. so that that looks to me like trolling. who cares about other people doing gvg. why even try to ban it? all the guilds i know that do gvg are top guilds from our server, guilds that play a lot and help our bl’s and eb a lot. so they have a 15-30 min gvg so what? why go there to interfere?

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Well done anet, GvG sucks and i will spend 100€ in gemshop for these screenshots.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in WvW

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

Don’t harass the guy. The moment you do that you’re also wrong.

Voice your opinion and let anet take care of it. And if they don’t you’re always welcome to quit/boycott/whatever

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Lol, ANet… What are you doing to yourselves?

It’s like they couldn’t burn bridges with their player base fast enough with all their changes, they had to go a step further and directly interfere with like half a BL of players playing their game.

in WvW

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

I find all the hate for GvGers on this forum hilarious. If my guild and the other guilds on GH who occasionally do GvGs didnt WvW, GH would be 10 ranks lower than it is.

The guilds sustain the entire server yet people cry and cry that we must never do GvG because we ruin WvW.

Its sad.. and ANet have now realy put their foot in it >_>

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Emixam.6834

Emixam.6834

I don’t understand how we are a minority when almost every hardcore guild is interested by GvG…

Anet need a wake up call, don’t forget who’s the customer here. Don’t ruin the only fun thing left to do in the game.

Farshiverpeaks [SOUL]
One of the Leaders

in WvW

I find all the hate for GvGers on this forum hilarious. If my guild and the other guilds on GH who occasionally do GvGs didnt WvW, GH would be 10 ranks lower than it is.

The guilds sustain the entire server yet people cry and cry that we must never do GvG because we ruin WvW.

I know, right? Need to pretend harder that the guilds that GvG aren’t for the most part, prominent WvW guilds.

in WvW

Posted by: sergei.5618

sergei.5618

Regardless of how impolite these guys were, it doesn’t change the fact that this Anet employee was there in the first place to provoke these people, by interfering in their GvG, and it’s clear to see that he was aiming to cause some sort of reaction, which he obviously succeeded in.

Just because ArenaNet wants you to “play as you like” doesn’t mean you can do anything. Rules are important and Anet makes them. What if other people on that server hate these “GvG” Matches?
It was also the right of the Anet Guy to be there, just like it was yours.
It is also not intended to play WvW that way, so he isn’t wrong.

Would it be better, if he just bans the commander for text abuse? (because that’s what he actually did)

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

I’d ALMOST like to believe that this guy somehow glitched himself into the Anet guild and is trolling. But considering that how Anet devs treat their customers’ opinions like dog kitten , I wouldn’t be surprised if this was an actual dev.

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love
¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

in WvW

Just because ArenaNet wants you to “play as you like” doesn’t mean you can do everything. What if other people on that server hate these “GvG” Matches? It was also the right of the Anet Guy to be there. It is also not intended to play WvW that way, so he isn’t wrong.

Would it be better, if he just bans the commander for text abuse? (because that’s what he actually did)

The GvG doesn’t affect people who hate GvG’s. Only on NA weekends and only for the top four servers can you maybe argue that these people are taking up slots. Otherwise, from reports from just about every server, no one is even fully queueing NA during weekdays.

in WvW

Posted by: BobJoeXXI.2493

BobJoeXXI.2493

Oh,and the Dev’s account name is Astrea.1794.You can check the you tube video for the account name at around 22 minutes where the uploader moved his cursor over the dev’s character.

He takes his WvW seriously. Classic ANet for ya. They show their true colors when they aren’t selling shiny turds.

Apicharr Science [ASci] – Maguuma
80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Warrior, 80 Mesmer, 80 Engineer.

(edited by BobJoeXXI.2493)

in WvW

Posted by: Preacher.9018

Preacher.9018

I know, right? Need to pretend harder that the guilds that GvG aren’t for the most part, prominent WvW guilds.

The hate for “GvG” forum warriors is exactly because they like to pretend they are and represent majority of WvW players and guilds. Which they certainly dont. Majority does not have against GvG on itself, however it indeed does interfer (well, to lesser degree at current state of WvW and populations) with actual WvW and they do not have exclusive rights and priorities over other players. WvW is half dead now, but at begining, even running solo killing people was looked dowkittennce you contributed absolutely nothing to WvW.

In fact it goes beyound that, the hate for anything “WvW” related which touches actual gamplay and strategy and not just killing each other in open field if even more riddiculous.

There are different visions on WvW, but GvG is not one of them since it denies the concept of WvW itself. Arena Net does thing to add content for meaningful guild warfare in WvW – grouping up, buffing up and killing each other in open field round after round is not part of it.

http://www.pevepe.net/ – Seafarers Rest Server community website

in WvW

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

if GvGers are violating their game mode, Role players violate my game mode.

What a kitten move by that a.net guy. GvG community should troll them back.

about the video, NSP has some dev guilds that are not under the a.net tag.

(edited by alcopaul.2156)

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

if GvGers are violating their game mode, Role players violate my game mode.

Baby everyone here knows you want them to violate your game mode

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

He takes his WvW seriously.

But that post has no Anet logo…

Not sure if we’ll ever get a official response on this from Anet, but at least we should give them the benefit of doubt. It could be a tester/GM/whatever.

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

This is absolutely horrible for a member of ANET staff to behave like this. I suggest that people involved put in support tickets to make an ‘official’ complaint. I also suggest that this ‘finds its way’ to some reputable gaming sites….. would make an interesting article for someone to write with some exposure.

in WvW

Posted by: Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Wrong, the account name is Evan.something which I won’t post. Just add the guy in game.

Yup, Astrea is the one in his party that he moused over

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

in WvW

The hate for “GvG” forum warriors is exactly because they like to pretend they are and represent majority of WvW players and guilds.

They can pretend whatever they want, just like other people can pretend that GvG’ing guilds aren’t prominent WvW’ers, too.

in WvW

The hate for “GvG” forum warriors is exactly because they like to pretend they are and represent majority of WvW players and guilds.

They can pretend whatever they want, just like other people can pretend that GvG’ing guilds aren’t prominent WvW’ers, too.

in WvW

Preacher.9018

if GvGers are violating their game mode, Role players are violating my game mode.

What a kitten move by that a.net guy. GvG community should troll them back.

Ah, i remember nice times when people complained about RPers in WvW on “unofficial roleplaying servers” and opposite – RPers complained about WvWers interfering with their events set in borderlands…

But then again. Just consider a dev an RPer – he obviously seen something treacherous happening: a group of your worlds fighters conspiring and organizing with the Enemy! Of course any patriotic individuum would interfer in such case and sacrafice himself to prevent such mischevous deeds!

Everyone jumps on him in this thread since he had a dev tag – but the fact is, he never abused his powers or even violate any rules as normal player. The opposite is true – GvGers believe interferring with their fights is for some reason abuse and they are protected species (while clearly abusing wxp and loot mechanic and violating one of the clear written rules about “leeching” and trying to downplay it)

To a dev and a normal player, bunch of people fighting each other on outskirts is no different from bunch of bots farming centaurs. You do break the rules. You were not punished in any way, the player interferred with you as any other would and could. The fact that in this case the rules were meaningless dont matter, since from legal standpoint he was still right. “leeching” and conspiration to farm each other is still illegal.

in WvW

Posted by: Teel.9036

Teel.9036

ArenaNet killed GW2, killed any interesting part of it (GvG). Most ridiculous situation I’ve encountered in my gaming life. They are worse than EA and first Origin.

They’ve stated painfully and obviously that they are not interested in GvG or any organisation of arenas for us.

The game is dead. Shame, GW2 had so much potential. Too bad that tards in the management killed the game.

Uninstalling the game after playing it over a year. Nothing else for us here.

Pathetic

Sad to hear

Hope to see you in future games, to fight with or maybe against you!

I’ll always keep an eye out for you in the future Drq <3

Teelie l VoTF

in WvW

Preacher.9018

ArenaNet killed GW2, killed any interesting part of it (GvG). Most ridiculous situation I’ve encountered in my gaming life. They are worse than EA and first Origin.

They’ve stated painfully and obviously that they are not interested in GvG or any organisation of arenas for us.

The game is dead. Shame, GW2 had so much potential. Too bad that tards in the management killed the game.

Pathetic

This is an attitude i dont agree with. WvW died when people stopped playing competitively, not when someone decided on it or any changes happened.

That you like GvG more, does not invalidate the WvW mode. Basically, GvG is only prominent now, AFTER most of people already quite WvW and with excuse that WvW is dead anyway..

They`ll sure add proper GvG mode eventually, but WvW is not GvG (i.e. not balanced nice organized GvG with equal numbers , gear and enemy waiting for you to start).

I want revival of WvW, not turn of WvW in casual GvG arenas since WvW failed.

in WvW

Posted by: PsychoticWaltz.1768

PsychoticWaltz.1768

Won’t happen almost all people finally realized that WvW – as you probably think it is intented to play (the PPT game) – is a pointless waste of time. You gain nothing for a winning a matchup, in fact even winning is pointless as long as the outcome of a matchup is solely based on your offpeak coverage.

Guilds started GvG for the sake of the fight, to escape the boredom and blobbing normal WvW had to offer, in order to matchup with even numbers to compare their fighting skills as a guild vs. other guilds.

Guardian [VoTF] – http://www.votf-online.net

(edited by PsychoticWaltz.1768)

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

Pathetic

This is an attitude i dont agree with. WvW died when people stopped playing competitively, not when someone decided on it or any changes happened.

That you like GvG more, does not invalidate the WvW mode. Basically, GvG is only prominent now, AFTER most of people already quite WvW and with excuse that WvW is dead anyway..

They`ll sure add proper GvG mode eventually, but WvW is not GvG (i.e. not balanced nice organized GvG with equal numbers , gear and enemy waiting for you to start).

anet can only begin to ‘fix’ wvw when they realize people are still playing wvw/pvp because fighting other people is fun, not because of arbitrarily imposed objectives (pvdoor) that directly hamper said combat.

i understand the need for some sort of direction or goal to guide the combat, but obviously what they’re doing is not the solution. which is why outside of T1 servers, no one cares about ppt, and why as you say, ‘people stopped playing competitively’

in WvW

Posted by: Darkman.1257

Darkman.1257

I will say my proper good bye Teelie ;-) to you and whole VoTF and the old veterans. We’re in touch mate.

Drq – Asura Elementalist -[EU]Gunnar’s Hold –
Leader of [CoN] Circle of Nine
http://www.c9-gaming.eu/

in WvW

Posted by: Jeliel.8372

Jeliel.8372

I don’t really have anything to add to the discussion (like lotsa other as I can see!), but cannot pass being a poster in such a funny thread, before it gets locked!

Jeliel Firestorm – VII Guild – Aurora Glade
http://www.youtube.com/user/VIIguild
http://www.seventhlegion.net

in WvW

Posted by: jul.7602

jul.7602

This only confirms that GvG doesn’t care about the players. Keep liking his post. Maybe it will get some attention.

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Lol and ppl didnt believe us. Theres the proof xD

Commander Nachonix

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Fact: The gvg happened on an empty map, with no queues.
Fact: The event happened on a Thursday before reset, when there was a decided winner and the servers involved already had issues getting people to log in and fight.
Fact: Where the gvg’s happen is way down in the southern end of the map, far away from any towers/supply camps/keeps or any other objective needed to be flipped for WvW strategy and ppt.
Fact: The Anet employee parked himself untagged in the middle of what was a player-organized event and would not move.
Fact: The Anet employee only popped his tag after people asked him to move and then said “I’m watching you guys violate my game mode.”

How exactly were these guys violating your “game mode”? They were far away from interfering with any objective flipping or defense. They were on a map that was not queued or causing issues for players to get into. People can have their own opinions about gvg and its place in WvW, but in this particular instance any of the regular protestations (taking up queue space, etc) were moot.

This guy owes the community and these particular players an apology. What he was doing was pure griefing, considering their event did not prohibit this Anet employee from capping objectives or playing the way he wanted to play. However, he was preventing others from playing the way THEY wanted to play.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Preacher.9018

Pathetic

anet can only begin to ‘fix’ wvw when they realize people are still playing wvw/pvp because fighting other people is fun, not because of arbitrarily imposed objectives (pvdoor) that directly hamper said combat.

i understand the need for some sort of direction or goal to guide the combat, but obviously what they’re doing is not the solution. which is why outside of T1 servers, no one cares about ppt, and why as you say, ‘people stopped playing competitively’

Dont agree. WvW is an unique mode because it offers actual “meaningful warfare” – a server wide organization and goal, strategic gameplay, tactical possibilities and semi-persistent enviroment.

WvW failed because of disastrous assumtions that it HAS to be 24/7, resulting in most matches being won by coverage and server population.

So you mistake cause and effect. PPT, conquering and defending keeps etc are meaningless not because “only fun thing is killing people in open world in equal numbers”.

I absolutely dont associate WvW simply with “fighting people in deathmatch” and it being the only form of fun. If you did not notice, even Spvp not a single mode is “just deathmatch”.

GvG in fact is more senseless and less meaningfull then simply fighting in WvW with your guild on team speak against other enemies and guilds. Lets dumb down “fight” to equal numbers, equal gear, equal buffs, lets remove siege weapons, landscape and strategic factors etc. Even if Arena Net will add GvG it`ll certainly be not like whats happening now, but something more meaningful like original GW1 GvG. Sorry, but i just laught at pretending pvp and group warfare “skill” is bigger in equal open organized open world fight.

And with “arbitrary imposed objects” – thats the point of WvW, and what makes it WvW. You can not care, a lot of people could have gave up because existing mechanic is flawed, but it does not change the point that some people still do care and enjoy WvW – and no, not quite happy about others wanting to get rid of WvW on itself and just let them do endless meaningless deathmatch.

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

Okay, so WvW – you cap towers and keeps, for points, you want more points than the 2 other server, yay….. But what then? What if you get more points and “win”? Fine, you move up against the next ones (or so it used to be)
There is no real incentive to win because there’s nothing that comes out of it, I don’t call that meaningful warfare.

in WvW

Posted by: PsychoticWaltz.1768

PsychoticWaltz.1768

Sorry, but i just laught at pretending pvp and group warfare “skill” is bigger in equal open organized open world fight.

Didn’t you quit the game like around christmas time? Don’t pretend you know anything about GvG, because in fact the skill cap is much higher than average WvW zerg busting.

Guardian [VoTF] – http://www.votf-online.net

in WvW

Preacher.9018

Fact: The event happened on a Thursday before reset, when there was a decided winner and the servers involved already had issues getting people to log in and fight.
Fact: Where the gvg’s happen is way down in the southern end of the map, far away from any towers/supply camps/keeps or any other objective needed to be flipped for WvW strategy and ppt.
Fact: The Anet employee parked himself untagged in the middle of what was a player-organized event and would not move.
Fact: The Anet employee only popped his tag after people asked him to move and then said “I’m watching you guys violate my game mode.”

How exactly were these guys violating your “game mode”? They were far away from interfering with any objective flipping or defense. They were on a map that was not queued or causing issues for players to get into. People can have their own opinions about gvg and its place in WvW, but in this particular instance any of the regular protestations (taking up queue space, etc) were moot.

This guy owes the community and these particular players an apology. What he was doing was pure griefing, considering their event did not prohibit this Anet employee from capping objectives or playing the way he wanted to play. However, he was preventing others from playing the way THEY wanted to play.

Appology for what? Standing up there and watching? Its his right, as it is of every other player. He does not violate any rules by that or “grief” you. In fact, he had all right to actively interfere (attack other players, bring mobs there, set traps etc) – as any other players. GvGers are not given exclusive rights and protections and only able to hold the events because people let them.

In fact, if you actually would contact other side and tell them to kill this specific player interferring with you: that would be a clear rule violation.

From an actual harm standpoint: indeed, this even most likely did not matter.
From the legal standpoint: the Dev actually had all rights to punish you for abusing game mechanics (farming XP, as neglectable it were), conspiring to influence match result and “leeching” – its actually in a rules. He did nothing of that so even there you have nothing to complaint.

So whats the whole fuss about? Since some player DARED to interfere with your holy GvG by standing there, and that player happened to be a Dev? (as if having a tag automatically made him untouchable).

He had absolutely no obligations to your side, used exact same rights as any other player could and recived trown insults and personal attacks there and now through forums and making his details public.

in WvW

Posted by: ptitminou.6489

ptitminou.6489

Play your way*

• requires approval from ArenaNet
kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten
Because censorship is the most important part of the MMO business.

in WvW

Posted by: Esuni.2498

Esuni.2498

Preacher stay on topic, this is not a gvg topic, this is a post about a dev stepping out of place in a situation where there were no problems caused by any players present.
After which he implied that the players should play the game the way he plays.

You’re being ignorant about this fact and pull in facts that have nothing to do with the subject. This can be seen as trolling, just like the dev here has done.
Stay on topic of the dev doing what he did, which I myself would never have believed if I didn’t know about the kitten they pulled off in the last months.

Aurora Glade – Esuni [TUP]

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

Appology for what? Standing up there and watching? Its his right, as it is of every other player. He does not violate any rules by that or “grief” you. In fact, he had all right to actively interfere (attack other players, bring mobs there, set traps etc) – as any other players. GvGers are not given exclusive rights and protections and only able to hold the events because people let them.

In fact, if you actually would contact other side and tell them to kill this specific player interferring with you: that would be a clear rule violation.

From the legal standpoint: the Dev actually had all rights to punish you for abusing game mechanics (farming XP, as neglectable it were), conspiring to influence match result and “leeching” – its actually in a rules. He did nothing of that so even there you have nothing to complaint.

So whats the whole fuss about? Since some player DARED to interfere with your holy GvG by standing there, and that player happened to be a Dev? (as if having a tag automatically made him untouchable).

He had absolutely no obligations to your side, used exact same rights as any other player could and recived trown insults and personal attacks there and now through forums and making his details public.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Some-ANET-interfered-with-our-GvG/2927940

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Sorry that this “name and shames”. I tried to edit but I’m woefully bad at doing so. Anyways, here is some screenshot of an ANET employee kind of being a jerk to us who were GvGing. Hopefully I don’t get infracted, but I imagine it’s coming.

Enjoy,
http://imgur.com/a/mhYp4

For anyone who calls “taken out of context”, I have a full 45 minute video to give you the entire backdrop of the situation.

So, he doesn’t like GvG. He has a right to that opinion. I don’t see what the big deal is.

I personally don’t have an issue with GvG and have participated in many, but on the Devil’s Advocate side, I can see how GvG doesn’t fall into the spectrum of intended WvW play. Some people may not like objectives and PPT, as as a personal preference I am inclined to agree with them, but that doesn’t change the fact that the ultimate point of WvW is to fight over objectives toward the ultimate purpose of beating the other servers in PPT.

I’d say accept that not even at Anet does everyone agree with you. Stop expecting everyone to agree with you and move on.

EDIT: As far as standing between the GvG goes, he isn’t violating any game rules. The rules of WvW say that I can stand where I want and or attack who I want. When someone stands between GvGs on my server we just have people to kill them. Given that he is a guardian and not a thief or mesmer, it should’ve been pretty straight forward to get rid of him.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

The equivalent would be a gvg team standing in front of any tower or keep you try to attack and not flip it, but just stand there and prevent anyone else from doing it.

Not sure why you’re not getting that this is griefing. He stood right in the middle of the playing field and wouldn’t move. And only after people asked him to move did he pop his tag as a signal of authority — which is an abuse of authority.

His sole purpose was to disrupt something a set of players organized. There was no tower to cap or camp to flip there — the sole purpose was to be disruptive. That’s the definition of griefing.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

So he trolled you? Too bad. Normally you have someone to take care of the trolls.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in WvW

Posted by: Coffee.7058

Coffee.7058

It’s WvW, not GvG. Not sure what you expect. You think people are just going to leave it alone when they’re trying to play the game as intended? Anet or not, you’re going to get grief for wasting everyone else’s time in wvw by sitting there and not contributing.

Yeah, exactly.

I am sorry that not everyone is willing to change things for you but that’s life and soon all you are going to figure this out.

Team Peenk

in WvW

Preacher.9018

Sorry, but i just laught at pretending pvp and group warfare “skill” is bigger in equal open organized open world fight.

Didn’t you quit the game like around christmas time? Don’t pretend you know anything about GvG, because in fact the skill cap is much higher than average WvW zerg busting.

Yes… because organized guild on teamspeak fighting other organized guild on teamspeak in cooperated match in open field is so much more skillfull than organized guild on teamspeak fighting other organized guild on teamspeak in actual WvW.

The majority of “GvGers” i see now are scrubs that were irrelevant or not willing for actual WvW back in the day and now pose as real pvpers.

The “GvG” concept did not even arouse at all in WvW at begining of GW2 – since servers were full, organized guilds fought other organized guilds, alliances fought other alliances to death etc. It only appeared later when the “looser” servers realized they have no chance to win or unwilling to organize on scale more than their own guild, and when population on their servers dropped so that finding proper opposition became hard (especially on lower tier servers).

I laugth and continue to laugth at attempting to bring “SPVP” to wvw – which basically GvG is. Its on same level of stupidity as people making “duelling areas” in Age of Conan and complaining when someone comes and kills them – thats open pvp for you. And similarly, you are not in position to complaint if anyone interfers with your GvG since by all means – you are legally abusing the gameplay mode (while i agree though, at current point: harm from it is mostly unexistent. This however was quite different before and a reason why such rules exist)

in WvW

Preacher.9018

Preacher stay on topic, this is not a gvg topic, this is a post about a dev stepping out of place in a situation where there were no problems caused by any players present.
After which he implied that the players should play the game the way he plays.

You’re being ignorant about this fact and pull in facts that have nothing to do with the subject. This can be seen as trolling, just like the dev here has done.
Stay on topic of the dev doing what he did, which I myself would never have believed if I didn’t know about the kitten they pulled off in the last months.

How exactly he was out of place? What gave GvG players exclusive rights to interfer with other players gameplay?

Is conspiring with other side not against the rules?
Is leeching not against the rules?
Is player “standing there” against the rules?

He owes no excuses to OP, but OP certainly deserves disciplinary action for bringing this out her and starting harrassment compaign.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

You know, if the guilds down there are guilty of wasting everyone else’s time then the dev is just as guilty, he’s sitting there not contributing either…

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

this controversy needs a cool “-gate” related name

gvg-gate? kelvei-gate?

how about vio-gate?

and, to be fair, Anet violated the hell out of the game mode long before the GvG scene ever began.