in WvW

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

reported for grieving.

Some ANET interfered with our GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Also from the post it seems that GvG us some thing that is development, so hopefully we can but this to rest soon. No more crap about unbalancing buffs in wvw that “ruin” gvg and no more wvw complaining about gvg taking up player cap space.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

Oh and btw Star, what the heck are you doing setting up GvGs when we’re desperately trying to to compete with two evenly matched opponents on reset night?

Oh wait, we’re winning by 35k on Saturday?…carry on

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Posted by: Vlad.7529

Vlad.7529

Also from the post it seems that GvG us some thing that is development, so hopefully we can but this to rest soon. No more crap about unbalancing buffs in wvw that “ruin” gvg and no more wvw complaining about gvg taking up player cap space.

No, i highly doubt GvG is under any kind of development.. or anything close to it for that matter

in WvW

Posted by: Sabull.5670

Sabull.5670

Don’t know if I should laugh or cry. Prolly both at the same time will do.

[TA]

in WvW

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

No, i highly doubt GvG is under any kind of development.. or anything close to it for that matter

Regarding Guild game play, please understand it is extremely important to us, and an area we are paying a great deal of attention to, so please do be patient with the developers who work tirelessly on making WvW the very best it can be, they have a great deal of respect for you all, and value your collaboration in pushing this pioneering mode forward. Also please note this member of staff is not on the WvW team.

GvG mode is pioneered by the community. it’s the baby of the community so it is wise for A.NET to build up on this popular game mode.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

They could be working on a map with no objectives on it that the players can use it for whatever they want. To me that would be ideal. but making a map takes time.

I am impressed that they put out a statement on a Saturday. Usually you don’t get statements like that till the start of the business week.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Well, reply is quite encouraging i must admit.

But now is time for facts.

And i mean NOW. Ad soon as new mmos with quite interesting pvp features will launch, your wvw and spvp scene will disappear if you do not have acted fast band well enough.

@draygo: just use a istanced copy of new “lake” area with no points for the time being.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

(edited by AndrewSX.3794)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Kvetching aside, thank you for the reply on a weekend on this. It indicates you take what happened very seriously. Appreciated.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

Finally, World vs. World is a free-for-all battle.

No, it’s not. But FFA is the one thing that would make this game amazing. Give us a Mordred type server and you’ll probably never have to hear about GvG again.

At least not from people who really know what it means…

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Posted by: Kai.9182

Kai.9182

Hi All,

I wanted to comment about the incident that happened recently in-game, surrounding some negative community interaction from a member of the ArenaNet staff.

Simply put a big mistake was made by one of our employees, for which he is both very upset and sorry. He allowed his personal feelings to affect his interactions in-game whilst representing ArenaNet, and this is absolutely unacceptable.

Like all players, we are human, and all have our opinions on the game. However these opinions should never disrupt other player’s enjoyment of the things they love. On top of this we have worked very hard to create a community that is respectful to one another, and for this behavior to have occurred while a developer is representing ArenaNet is doubly saddening.

We all cherish the opportunity to play with the community, and we absolutely rely on you all for in game feedback, and personally I hope that this incident does not hamper what has so far been an amazing relationship and opportunity for us all.

I would therefore like to sincerely apologize for this behavior on behalf of our staff member. We are taking steps to address the incident and for his part, he is very sorry for behaving in the manner in which he did.

Regarding Guild game play, please understand it is extremely important to us, and an area we are paying a great deal of attention to, so please do be patient with the developers who work tirelessly on making WvW the very best it can be, they have a great deal of respect for you all, and value your collaboration in pushing this pioneering mode forward. Also please note this member of staff is not on the WvW team.

Finally, World vs. World is a free-for-all battle. Our expectation of staff is that they should be playing, and enjoying the game like everyone else, and not being disruptive or disrespectful to others.

And in this spirit I hope we can move forward, and continue, what has up to this point, been a great community/developer relationship. One that I know our team massively values and loves.

Thank you all for your time and i hope you have a lovely weekend,

ChrisW

Though not exactly happy with the response I’m glad that this area of the Guild Wars 2 community has been acknowledged and that community that is a “minority” gets some sort of apology.
No need to throw away a perfectly good community who participate in this (insert current opinion) WvW world.

“Also please note this member of staff is not on the WvW team.”
This however is rather confusing and amusing. Was his budget taken from him or something?

Edit: Still a long way to go by the way in terms of WvW reaching full potential.

(edited by Kai.9182)

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

well for all the ones that think gvg is hurting wvw, because of spots taken and stuff.

most of the gvg i know of (and im in t2) are either held at the end of a matchup, before reset and during times when a matchup is already decided and not much going on. if we are still fighting for garrison, those guilds are helping and part of the defense.
gvg never happen on reset night and i have not seen one during the first few days of the matcups. so our queues are not influenced by this.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

Hi All,

I wanted to comment about the incident that happened recently in-game, surrounding some negative community interaction from a member of the ArenaNet staff.

Simply put a big mistake was made by one of our employees, for which he is both very upset and sorry. He allowed his personal feelings to affect his interactions in-game whilst representing ArenaNet, and this is absolutely unacceptable.

Like all players, we are human, and all have our opinions on the game. However these opinions should never disrupt other player’s enjoyment of the things they love. On top of this we have worked very hard to create a community that is respectful to one another, and for this behavior to have occurred while a developer is representing ArenaNet is doubly saddening.

We all cherish the opportunity to play with the community, and we absolutely rely on you all for in game feedback, and personally I hope that this incident does not hamper what has so far been an amazing relationship and opportunity for us all.

I would therefore like to sincerely apologize for this behavior on behalf of our staff member. We are taking steps to address the incident and for his part, he is very sorry for behaving in the manner in which he did.

Finally, World vs. World is a free-for-all battle. Our expectation of staff is that they should be playing, and enjoying the game like everyone else, and not being disruptive or disrespectful to others.

And in this spirit I hope we can move forward, and continue, what has up to this point, been a great community/developer relationship. One that I know our team massively values and loves.

ChrisW

I’m sure that the majority of other people in this thread will NOT share my sentiment, but meh.

I’m actually more disappointed that you have apologised than for the initial action itself – whilst “Violating my game mode” was a bit of a silly statement, the staff member had not actually done anything wrong at all. He was simply in a place where there were several other players gathered – that isn’t trolling or griefing in any way at all. He may not have been exactly where they wanted, but then when someone is manning a piece of siege that I want to use the same could be said.

The players were rude and aggressive simply because of his location, so they were in the wrong not him. This could/does happen to any number of players frequently.

Is it the best idea for a member of staff to get involved? probably not. But it’s good that if there is a firm decision it should be shown. The fact that people bought the game despite the game mode being well advertised and written about (PPT and all other stuff included) yet still a year later complain that that’s how it is – if they don’t like that sort of thing why buy it to begin with – this whole thing is idiotic.

Again, somewhat disappointed that there was felt a need to apologise, although I can understand why from a business p.o.v.

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

The players using abusive langage should be ban and every people that are supporting GvG, period.
See these GvG players has no respec and TOS says that ruining others game experience in a game environment not playing it as intended is a grief so just ban every people doing GvG in WvW maps anyway they respect noone and nothing as we can see and delete any thread about GvG just give them a good reward for being so selfish.

(edited by Titan.3472)

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Honestly i never seen such situation in any MMO.

Such a disaster for Anet.

You must not play very many mmo’s….

This is really minor compared to what has happened in many other MMO’s. – not to excuse this one though.

I’d love to hear other accidents like this.

The biggest scandal I know of involves Eve Online where the developers pretty much handed an alliance currency printing presses (T2BPO’s), attempted to hide it and cover it up until it was blown wide open by a group of players.

This in comparison is extremely minor and will probably be forgotten IF ArenaNet makes good on their promise of developing a GvG scene.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Ohhh some guys/girls here are so.. PFF! Chris apologized for that behavior of the Dev! Now he need to answer himself for a tiny incident that is nothing compared to other Devs in other mmorpgs.

Are you guys happy now?

Chris apologized, now give them a break.

A MOD should close this thread because I think everything has been said, and now only promotes grieving.

Thank you Chris, for the fast response.

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

in WvW

Kai.9182

Hi All,

ChrisW

I’m sure that the majority of other people in this thread will NOT share my sentiment, but meh.

I’m actually more disappointed that you have apologised than for the initial action itself – whilst “Violating my game mode” was a bit of a silly statement, the staff member had not actually done anything wrong at all. He was simply in a place where there were several other players gathered – that isn’t trolling or griefing in any way at all. He may not have been exactly where they wanted, but then when someone is manning a piece of siege that I want to use the same could be said.

The players were rude and aggressive simply because of his location, so they were in the wrong not him. This could/does happen to any number of players frequently.

Is it the best idea for a member of staff to get involved? probably not. But it’s good that if there is a firm decision it should be shown. The fact that people bought the game despite the game mode being well advertised and written about (PPT and all other stuff included) yet still a year later complain that that’s how it is – if they don’t like that sort of thing why buy it to begin with – this whole thing is idiotic.

Again, somewhat disappointed that there was felt a need to apologise, although I can understand why from a business p.o.v.

The fact of the matter was that this employee was intentionally disturbing a community event. Whether it had been in a PvE zone or in sPvP wouldn’t have mattered. The communities intentions were more than clear, and this person went out of their way to interrupt them.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Finally, World vs. World is a free-for-all battle.

No, it’s not. But FFA is the one thing that would make this game amazing. Give us a Mordred type server and you’ll probably never have to hear about GvG again.

At least not from people who really know what it means…

OMG the most genius suggestion I ever heard. Me wants!

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Samhayn.2385

well for all the ones that think gvg is hurting wvw, because of spots taken and stuff.

most of the gvg i know of (and im in t2) are either held at the end of a matchup, before reset and during times when a matchup is already decided and not much going on. if we are still fighting for garrison, those guilds are helping and part of the defense.
gvg never happen on reset night and i have not seen one during the first few days of the matcups. so our queues are not influenced by this.

it doesn’t matter when your gvg us being held, if your on a map and that map has a que (during prime NA this happens) then your taking spots from people who want to play.

disclaimer, I’m not for or against gvg, being a 5 man roamer my form of play isn’t actively supported either, I’m just playing devils advocate, it as a neutral observer I have seen solid arguments in both sides and I have seen people who ruin the image of both sides.

in WvW

Kai.9182

Ohhh some guys/girls here are so.. PFF! Chris apologized for that behavior of the Dev! Now he need to answer himself for a tiny incident that is nothing compared to other Devs in other mmorpgs.

Are you guys happy now?

A MOD should close this thread because I think everything has been said, and now only promotes grieving.

Why should this thread close? Does it really need to be out of the public spotlight already? People should still be able to post their opinions about what happened for both sides.
However the Dev response should be moved to the front page like a Q&A thread.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

The players using abusive langage should be ban and every people that are supporting GvG, period.
See these GvG players has no respec and TOS says that ruining others game experience in a game environment not playing it as intended is a grief so just ban every people doing GvG in WvW maps anyway they respect noone and nothing as we can see and delete any thread about GvG just give them a good reward for being so selfish.

Lol, you sir made my day. Best laugh I had in days :P

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Marquie Thomas.1873

Marquie Thomas.1873

Hi All,

ChrisW

I feel the same i didn’t think the anet guy did any thing wrong But if this unemotional Reply calms the masses like its apparently doing now its a win for them. I am surprised how many people are sucking up to it though. If the people wanted a real apology they would have demanded Anet do it in a live stream or video.

in WvW

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Are you guys happy now?

Why should this thread close? Does it really need to be out of the public spotlight already? People should still be able to post their opinions about what happened for both sides.

Because this thread is about a person, and by the TOS it is forbidden to target a person even when its a dev.

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

in WvW

Neandramathal.9536

Hi All,

ChrisW

The fact of the matter was that this employee was intentionally disturbing a community event. Whether it had been in a PvE zone or in sPvP wouldn’t have mattered. The communities intentions were more than clear, and this person went out of their way to interrupt them.

Red = Dead, and you can stand wherever you want.

If the community decides it wants an event of 50 people roleplay walking across a WvW zone in town clothes they can do that too, and if someone else decides they want to come with 80 and slaughter it they can also do that – and no one can complain it was “interrupting an event”.

Maybe I’ll organise a community even for me and 4 friends to cap everything on every map, and then object to every player who get’s in the way?

Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in WvW

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

If we are banning GvG supporters because “GvG is ruining others game experience” then I want everyone that has ever participated or supports TC’s Dolyak parades in WvW to recieve a ban too. Atleast the GvG players are fighting eachother and not walking around with tonics getting mad when servers attack them.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

in WvW

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

so how do you classify the WvWvW community now?

1.) The PvD, PPT, Arrowcart, Karma Trainers (Blobbed into the General WvWvW)
2.) The Roamers (sPvPers mostly)
3.) The GvGers (Group fights, vanguard of Open Field fights usually)

1.) is about Rewards (i.e. Knocking gates give WXP, PPT-Top Server Having High Bonuses/Server Pride etc)
2.) is about individual skill
3.) is about group skill, Guild Pride

(edited by alcopaul.2156)

in WvW

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

I feel bad for Anet. No matter what, someone’s going to walk away from this angry. I am actually incredibly impressed that a Dev responded, and kinda sad that this response (although it is probably as much as he can do) will just make people more upset.

I assume they’re working on a gvg system (hopefully more than an 8v8 system), and it will come when it comes. Until then, we have found a way to gvg even with the bloodlust system. Let’s accept that and move on. If GvG wants to become a thing, it will become a thing. It’s kind of inevitable. It may take ages, but it will happen. Give it some time.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

it doesn’t matter when your gvg us being held, if your on a map and that map has a que (during prime NA this happens) then your taking spots from people who want to play.

disclaimer, I’m not for or against gvg, being a 5 man roamer my form of play isn’t actively supported either, I’m just playing devils advocate, it as a neutral observer I have seen solid arguments in both sides and I have seen people who ruin the image of both sides.

To clarify, GvG’s happen in WvW, therefore you are in no right to say that these people are taking up spots, as they have every right to be there as much as the next person.

If your going to be an elitist kitten about this, then you might as well tell the people doing crafting, gathering, their dailies and jumping puzzles to get the hell out of WvW as well.

~~Ayeres~~

(edited by Tellerion.8102)

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

I just want ANETS reply. I hope the dev also got infracted like OP

Assuming said “Dev” wasn’t Devon himself.

I’m uninstalling this game. If only I could get a refund for all the gems I’ve bought…

I feel like spending that money was like handing the bully a club to hit us with. /smh

And nobody cares that you are uninstalling lol.

If some act by a single person is enough to make you uninstall, then don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

in WvW

Posted by: Okaishi.8320

Okaishi.8320

Maybe I’ll organise a community even for me and 4 friends to cap everything on every map, and then object to every player who get’s in the way?

Because that’s completely the same as doing organized skirmishes in a strategically unimportant area.

Member of TUP on Gandara

in WvW

Neandramathal.9536

Because that’s completely the same as doing organized skirmishes in a strategically unimportant area.

The comment made was “Interrupting a community event”, what dictates that one part of the community and/or their events is any more important than any other?

I agree, that what I suggested would affect WvW far more than having a GvG and complaints about it would be idiotic. But that’s the point, complaining someone was in the way of ANY WvW “event” is ridiculous.

Currently @ Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

spoiler alert, GvG or fight club arena type things will never come. If anet really wanted too, they would just remove jump puzzle from WvW queues, which would give people a perfect spot to go GvG. also not allowing bloodlust in there. GASP, making both sides happy.

Guess what? its been a year and they never bothered to do that (or anything), and it was a super simple and easy solution.

They dont want too, they want you to play WvW for this awful PPT and now achievements! cause thats fun! get some more ascended gear too!

THEN FIGHT THE MIGHTY TEQUITAL

*for the record, i never thought GvG looked fun, I thought it was messy. But fight clubs and small fights were alot of fun, and get this? I respect GvG players to just have fun so i dont care. Its a godkitten game, people play to have fun.

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

(edited by CrassBippy.4619)

in WvW

Posted by: I Covered Wars.4380

I Covered Wars.4380

Thank you for responding Chris.

in WvW

Kai.9182

Are you guys happy now?

Because this thread is about a person, and by the TOS it is forbidden to target a person even when its a dev.

Yeah screw blurring out the name or simply removing the links to the pictures, those would be horrible ideas. Instead you lift the rug I’ll get the broom.

in WvW

Posted by: Nakoor.1980

Nakoor.1980

Hi All,

ChrisW

I didn’t really read this post at all because as one of the commanders for one of the most hardcore NA guilds, Anet has done kitten for our WvW community and continues to BS around and act like they care. How about you guys actually move forward with the stuff your community WANTS instead of what YOU want. Until then get off these forums with your senseless bullkitten.

Simply put. We know you guys don’t give a kitten about GvGs or what the WvW community really wants in general.

I have done customer service of one sort or another for years, once had a boss tell me “the customer is not always right, most of the time he is an kitten, you just need to smile and listen”

try not to be that customer my boss was talking about. You will get farther by keeping a post in the suggestion forums flooded with different people giving support and posting popular gvg videos then you will by calling people lazy. Honestly how hard would you work to please someone who verbally kitten on you?

I’m not being that person. I do understand what you are saying though. However the suggestions being made now, have been made for the past several months.

in WvW

Samhayn.2385

To clarify, GvG’s happen in WvW, therefore you are in no right to say that these people are taking up spots, as they have every right to be there as much as the next person.

If your going to be an elitist kitten about this, then you might as well tell the people doing crafting, gathering, their dailies and jumping puzzles to get the hell out of WvW as well.

or you could have quoted my whole post? Just asking.

in WvW

Kai.9182

Hi All,

ChrisW

Red = Dead, and you can stand wherever you want.

If the community decides it wants an event of 50 people roleplay walking across a WvW zone in town clothes they can do that too, and if someone else decides they want to come with 80 and slaughter it they can also do that – and no one can complain it was “interrupting an event”.

So now you’re talking about a community event which directly affects the game play of WvW.
These people were in the middle of nowhere, hurting nobody and yet they deserve to be harassed by some random employee who doesn’t even work in this department of the game?

in WvW

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Im no game developer, but how hard could it possibly to make an open field arena for GvG? No gimmicky mechanics needed, just Coliseum.

A lot. You need the mappers to create the map, you need the programmers to program the systems that allow the players to get in, and you need a system to prevent abuse (people who enter the map with no intention of fighting properly). You also have to consider opportunity cost – time spent working on these features is time spent not working on other ones that may be more important. It’s actually a fairly complex issue.

While I generally agree with this, as mentioned early in the thread we do have access to the Obsidian Sanctum (aka the JP). In its current state its not going to work too well for this, but a couple relatively (I hope) simple changes may go a long way toward bridging the gap to a long-term solution.

1) Bloodlust removed in OS (if its not already disabled there). This map already has other restrictions placed on it (i.e. no siege) so adding one more should not be too bad.

2) Either a) move the entrances to each ‘Home Borderland’ Citadel or b) allow direct access to it from the WvW UI. Maybe even both. As its a separate map now, this may be a good idea to implement anyway.

It’s generally the ‘meta’ these days that (barring some AP event item placed in there) the OS map is usually running as a ‘neutral ground’ of sorts anyway. I’ve still spiked an opponent or two over there though, and the same to me as well. I’m fine with that (moreso since I get to keep my stuff).

If this does not sound completely crazy I’ll be happy to clean-up and repost it to Suggestions.

(And thanks for the update Chris.)

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

All these page to talk about a game mode that is not even considered by Anet… XD
Btw replace EB JP with an arena for GvG would be the nicest change that Anet could do and it would not interfer with wvw. At least everyone would be happy.

in WvW

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

or you could have quoted my whole post? Just asking.

Fixed now.

Apologize for that, it wasn’t aimed at you, but more as a general clarification to the people that’s under the impression that they can dictate how others are mean’t to be playing the game, and how they are supposed to be having fun.

~~Ayeres~~

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

The real issue here is the blatant abuse of the little power the dev had. He turned his tag on to control the actions of players. He wasn’t getting his way without it so he turned it on in hopes they would listen.

This has nothing to do with GvG. Even though anet hates it.

in WvW

Marquie Thomas.1873

So now you’re talking about a community event which directly affects the game play of WvW.
These people were in the middle of nowhere, hurting nobody and yet they deserve to be harassed by some random employee who doesn’t even work in this department of the game?

If its a large community event then they should have had taken steps to prevent player grieving they let a single Dev Derails there whole event instead of just killing him right then and there and i just don’t mean striking him a few times to make him go away red=dead specially if said person was ignoring the players he should not have ben treated any differently even with a tag.

in WvW

Kai.9182

The real issue here is the blatant abuse of the little power the dev had. He turned his tag on to control the actions of players. He wasn’t getting his way without it so he turned it on in hopes they would listen.

This has nothing to do with GvG. Even though anet hates it.

The real issue is an Anet employee discriminating against a community within Guild Wars 2 for absolutely no reason.

in WvW

Neandramathal.9536

Yes, they weren’t hurting anybody. I agree.

However that still doesn’t mean you can complain about someone else being there, that’s the point I’m making.

Currently @ Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

The real issue is an Anet employee discriminating against a community within Guild Wars 2 for absolutely no reason.

a community which is griefing the players who want to play the mode as intended. Anet already mentioned that they are working on ways GvG can be implemented. People who ignore this are just stupid.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

After reading all of this I want to toss in my 2 cents worth. Although GvG is something I do not really care for it is something that I would not interrupt. However within the context of the current game design he is within his rights to attack any enemy on the screen and should be allowed to do so without censure from other players on his server. What he did do wrong was he crossed the line between player and developer when he put up his ANET tag. Up to that point he was a player on that server and “red is dead”. His opinion on how the game should be played was far more valid then those that were participating in the GvG battle AS FAR AS the current game design goes.

If one, ten or thirty people decided to bust up that battle and kill the enemy there is absolutely nothing wrong with it and this is where the GvG community makes their mistake which in effect goes against their efforts to promote their game within a game. You cannot censure someone for playing the game as it was designed to be played. Telling the enemy to kill him and not rez him is absolutely wrong as he is your team member and should be treated as such as long as he is not doing something against the rules of the game.

I make an effort to stay out of obvious GvGs or 1v1 battles or even “fight night” but it is within my rights and within the game design (current) to step in and fight/kill the enemy, and should be allowed to do so without censure or any repercussions from other players on my server.

As a player he did nothing wrong. As a Dev he should never have popped his tag.

Theftwind (HoD)

in WvW

Kai.9182

If its a large community event then they should have had taken steps to prevent player grieving they let a single Dev Derails there whole event instead of just killing him right then and there and i just don’t mean striking him a few times to make him go away red=dead specially if said person was ignoring the players he should not have ben treated any differently even with a tag.

This event was held in the middle of nowhere, a barren wasteland further south than the southern most camp in each of the borderlands. Anyone attending this area goes right out of there way to get there and that’s exactly what this person did. Went out of his way to go and disrupt a community event.

Why should they have to kill people when they can just make their intentions clear of what is going on, and then that person can participate as a spectator?

With the intentions of the person in question, I think it is quite important to note that they are a part of Anet. Otherwise there wouldn’t have been a Dev response about the subject.

in WvW

Kai.9182

Yes, they weren’t hurting anybody. I agree.

However that still doesn’t mean you can complain about someone else being there, that’s the point I’m making.

They aren’t complaining about someone being there. They can explain to people what is going on and they did. This Anet employee made the choice to hassle these players.

in WvW

Kai.9182

a community which is griefing the players who want to play the mode as intended. Anet already mentioned that they are working on ways GvG can be implemented. People who ignore this are just stupid.

So the players further south than south camp are giving you a hard time?

People who blindly accept corporate promises are worse than that.

in WvW

Marquie Thomas.1873

This event was held in the middle of nowhere, a barren wasteland further south than the southern most camp in each of the borderlands. Anyone attending this area goes right out of there way to get there and that’s exactly what this person did. Went out of his way to go and disrupt a community event.

Why should they have to kill people when they can just make their intentions clear of what is going on, and then that person can participate as a spectator?

With the intentions of the person in question, I think it is quite important to note that they are a part of Anet. Otherwise there wouldn’t have been a Dev response about the subject.

A typical unemotional text response is best choice of action do we know said player is being punished no we don’t even if he said it in text. Even if the event is in the middle of no were if your gonna have a event between two groups of people and an organized one at that you take step to insure things like this do not happen this could have easily ben avoided if both parties in question had Bouncers to kill off unruly player conduct.