Some ANET interfered with our GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

One thing i dislike about Gvg community is ‘we want gvg, we want it now, we need it now, we deserve it now, if you don’t like it, we quit/massive complain’.

Let’s get some things straight. Gvg mode organizing will take more manpower then spvp and that gamemode already required tons of recourses.

Server cost money. With only 50 euro per bought game, Anet doens’t have the luxury as Blizzard to not carefully spend their money. In my opinion if gvg is so important to you (it sort of is a new part of game, a big expansion, and in that context, with the new servers also having to be paid, a fee would be justified, something like 30 euro’s.

Anet is fighting a hard battle atm. While they must fix bugs non stop, they must brainstorm non stop for new content (it’s not like, you think 5 min and then you have the genius of creating a perfect update, it takes time). Secondly they must (well not really, but it’s their style now, so they are bound to it), put manpower to living story. Thirdly i’m sure they are doing a lot of ‘simple’ stuff to update the game to be even more fun, but these things look on paper easy but take tons of time (take search function for example, i’m sure it took those two guys months of work for it). You guys may hate pve, dungeons, fracs, but it’s a big part of gw2. And that function will update that part of the game pretty well. But stuff like this takes time. Anet must make choices on what to do first. Lately they slowed their pace of the ‘bigger patches’. I think that’s because behind the scenes they are working exhausted (the most obvious word is filtered, sorry to put it like this) on new stuff. And who knows, gvg might be one of them…

The world isn’t perfect. Neither is gw2. While customers are king, gw2 cannot be perfect for them. Gvg cost time, resources and money, something GVG people seem to think grows on Anet backs. It doesn’t. And if you even remotely take the time to think about this, you’ll realize your crazy complaining how wrong anet is for not having gvg yet, is misplaced.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

(edited by Phoebe Ascension.8437)

in WvW

Posted by: Predator.9214

Predator.9214

It’ been a while since I’ve been so amused by one thread.
Officially the dumbest / funniest thread to date.

Mistwarden Lara (Herald)
Assassin Stef (Daredevil)
Snow Crows (SC) | Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Wemil.7052

Wemil.7052

my post got deleted again…

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

If they did a twitch apology it would probably get more views than their spvp esportz

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

For example, in many retail stores, if an employee sees someone shop-lifting, they are forbidden to do anything about it, ’cause employees have tried in the past, and the customer has sued the store as a result (and won).

No, because employees in the past have tried to stop people and been stabbed or shot as a result. And then the employees can sue the store and easily win so they made it policy that you are NOT supposed to do that.

in WvW

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

One thing i dislike about Gvg community is ‘we want gvg, we want it now, we need it now, we deserve it now, if you don’t like it, we quit/massive complain’.

This is the one thing that makes me have little sympathy for many members of the gvg community. It’s not all of them, but there seem to be quite a few with this attitude. For whatever reason, they think they are more important to WvW than anyone else, and that whatever they do contribute to wvw gives them the right to spend hours taking up queue slots and not contribute. You might play wvw when you’re not gvg’ing, but there are many others that play just as much. And no matter how much time/effort you put into wvw, while you are doing a gvg, you are just taking up slots with a chance at giving a small amount of points for stomps.

I do think that the Anet employ in question went way too far, and his/her behavior was just outright inappropriate and extremely unprofessional. On the other hand, I do have to agree with the point/intent. WvW is not GvG, and it shouldn’t be. It would be great if gvg was added, but just because it’s not officially in-game, does not give people the right to start a makeshift gvg in the middle of another gametype, especially when that can negatively impact the players of that gametype.

The fight might be comparable to two organized groups clashing in open field, but a “real” open field fight is likely the result of one group’s intent on capturing something. A “real” open field fight can determine the success or failure of that goal. If you defeat a guild group in a gvg, you aren’t stopping them from doing something, nor are you opening up a chance for your server to take an objective. Open field fights are part of the “war” that is wvw, gvg is just a wrestling match on the back-lot.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

(edited by mrstealth.6701)

in WvW

Posted by: Theundersigned.4761

Theundersigned.4761

No, because employees in the past have tried to stop people and been stabbed or shot as a result. And then the employees can sue the store and easily win so they made it policy that you are NOT supposed to do that.

Not from my experiences in these stores. If someone is accused of shop-lifting, the customer can give the store crap. A whole lot of it. Whether they’re guilty or not (a la criminals who sue their victims).

There are now only a few designated people that can act against it as a result (and it’s not very effective, either). These “higher-ups” are only allowed by corporate to follow the person without accusing them. Of course, employees have taken this a step further and developed the “microwave” technique (keep asking if they need help, if they’ve found everything until the shop-lifter gets nervous—basically killing them with kindness).

All they can really hope for is that they put what they stole back.

But employees in these stores can’t actually do anything about it directly (and not out of fear of being attacked).

Again, my only point is that saying, “the customer is always right,” forces the company to deal with ridiculous litigious issues from people with a bloated sense of self-importance (self-importance that is ironically often caused by the customer-king policy).

Here’s another example: There was another issue just recently of a Klu Klux Klan leader being denied service for being what he is. As a result, this person sued the establishment and won for being discriminated against.

The customer-king policy doesn’t get much more ironic than this.

(edited by Theundersigned.4761)

in WvW

Posted by: Neverathome.8349

Neverathome.8349

All that rage for that dev,nice community we have.Wel its a kiddies game pegi 12+ explaines al the whining….

kind regard’s

in WvW

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

At the high horse posters are you casual in life as well?

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaamau.5341

Kaamau.5341

I just would like people to keep in mind- While The GvG community is a minority, those that are directly or even indirectly opposing it is also a minority. Most people don’t really care.

Fort Aspenwood
PRAISE GEESUS

in WvW

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Its not just the poor Anet fellow jumping into the GvG…. that was the last straw for many, so to just say sorry about that just does not cut it.

A picture has been painted in the eyes of many hardcore WvW and GvGs of Anets WvW dev team one the Devs have helped paint. That picture is one of a Dev team that does not listen to the community and openly mocks large groups.

Just look at the lead up to implementing bloodlust… that could be a case study on how to do it wrong. You have devs moving forward with a previously failed path despite the huge majority of the community advising against it. Everything the community said would happened came true, worst the Devs never gave a logical reason for bringing it back and when players attempted to give solutions like making the buffs self removable so the large GvG community could continue and the result was an epic snarky comment from a Dev already famous for his dislike of open field fights.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in WvW

Posted by: Riondron.1069

Riondron.1069

This is the one thing that makes me have little sympathy for many members of the gvg community. It’s not all of them, but there seem to be quite a few with this attitude. For whatever reason, they think they are more important to WvW than anyone else, and that whatever they do contribute to wvw gives them the right to spend hours taking up queue slots and not contribute. You might play wvw when you’re not gvg’ing, but there are many others that play just as much. And no matter how much time/effort you put into wvw, while you are doing a gvg, you are just taking up slots with a chance at giving a small amount of points for stomps.

I do think that the Anet employ in question went way too far, and his/her behavior was just outright inappropriate and extremely unprofessional. On the other hand, I do have to agree with the point/intent. WvW is not GvG, and it shouldn’t be.

The fight might be comparable to two organized groups clashing in open field, but a “real” open field fight is likely the result of one group’s intent on capturing something. A “real” open field fight can determine the success or failure of that goal. If you defeat a guild group in a gvg, you aren’t stopping them from doing something, nor are you opening up a chance for your server to take an objective. Open field fights are part of the “war” that is wvw, gvg is just a wrestling match on the back-lot.

Very well said, I commend you!
The whole silly idea that wvw is for gvg is just preposterous. If this were the case, there would not be a PPT, but instead, there would be ‘scoring by kills’ i.e. ‘Deathmatch’.
And to those who complain about getting interfered in a gvg: Wake UP! You are trying to hold a ‘private’ match in a ‘public’ place, that does absolutely nothing to gain points for your server, and that hurts everyone. I purposely do everything a can to interfere with that silly garbage. Why? Because it just does not accomplish anything for anyone, and then you all cry foul like petulant children when your ‘match’ is disturbed. Don’t like it? Then rent a pvp server, play wvw as it is DESIGNED to be, or go play a different game. Believe it or not, you gvg’ers are a Minority in the whole wvw population, so instead of whining about how we screw up your matches, start giving some consideration to how you are screwing up the wvw matches for the Majority of us.
Just sayin’

Commander Kitadia
NSP
Kill a few: there won’t be a many

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid Storm.8097

Liquid Storm.8097

Oh, now he’s “sorry”. He’s only sorry he’s been lectured by his superiors and not of what he did in wvw that day.

How did that guy even get in the Anet staff? His communication is poor, he cannot control himself when things get heated and, above all, he allows himself to be provoked by players. Also, if he’s not on the WvW dev team, as Mr Whiteside has stated, why is he allowed to wear the official Anet tag in WvW and lecture players on RoC?

Normal companies usually issue a temporary suspension for their employee if they have abused their power and I expect Anet to do the same. This should not be tolerated.

Staff elementalist @ [SOUL]
Far Shiverpeaks EU
http://fspsoul.enjin.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Kimhyuna.1035

Kimhyuna.1035

You might play wvw when you’re not gvg’ing, but there are many others that play just as much. And no matter how much time/effort you put into wvw, while you are doing a gvg, you are just taking up slots with a chance at giving a small amount of points for stomps.

Yea cos all matchups arnt blowouts. Cos all matches are even. Cos all servers have long ques.

There is a reason why people GvG and there is a reason why alot of them a hardcore wvw folks.

Minion

in WvW

Tricare.2946

WvW is like…. you know….. 4 basketball courts you see?

GvG’er’s just want to play ‘knock out’ on one side of the court, most people wouldn’t mind because they are still using the court for the same purpose; to have fun with a basketball type game.

in WvW

Posted by: Kimhyuna.1035

Kimhyuna.1035

GvG’er’s just want to play ‘knock out’ on one side of the court, most people wouldn’t mind because they are still using the court for the same purpose; to have fun with a basketball type game.

No people do care. People want these guilds to fight when the fight is lost. People want these guilds to work a full time job of getting as much ppt as possible, probably while they are still in PvE. I swear this is why [MERC] moved to JQ and is a reason why some guilds vacated lower tiers.

Minion

in WvW

Posted by: samevil.1952

samevil.1952

Exactly. Areanet should know they’re losing customer slowly and slowly. It happened.

Erebusis [FG]
Forsaken gamer Warrior.
www.forsakengamers.com

(edited by samevil.1952)

in WvW

Posted by: JavaChips.5629

JavaChips.5629

Let’s get some things straight. Gvg mode organizing will take more manpower then spvp and that gamemode already required tons of recourses.

Server cost money. With only 50 euro per bought game, Anet doens’t have the luxury as Blizzard to not carefully spend their money. In my opinion if gvg is so important to you (it sort of is a new part of game, a big expansion, and in that context, with the new servers also having to be paid, a fee would be justified, something like 30 euro’s.

Anet is fighting a hard battle atm. While they must fix bugs non stop, they must brainstorm non stop for new content (it’s not like, you think 5 min and then you have the genius of creating a perfect update, it takes time). Secondly they must (well not really, but it’s their style now, so they are bound to it), put manpower to living story. Thirdly i’m sure they are doing a lot of ‘simple’ stuff to update the game to be even more fun, but these things look on paper easy but take tons of time (take search function for example, i’m sure it took those two guys months of work for it). You guys may hate pve, dungeons, fracs, but it’s a big part of gw2. And that function will update that part of the game pretty well. But stuff like this takes time. Anet must make choices on what to do first. Lately they slowed their pace of the ‘bigger patches’. I think that’s because behind the scenes they are working exhausted (the most obvious word is filtered, sorry to put it like this) on new stuff. And who knows, gvg might be one of them…

The world isn’t perfect. Neither is gw2. While customers are king, gw2 cannot be perfect for them. Gvg cost time, resources and money, something GVG people seem to think grows on Anet backs. It doesn’t. And if you even remotely take the time to think about this, you’ll realize your crazy complaining how wrong anet is for not having gvg yet, is misplaced.

I will have to agree as well. I do partake in wvw gvg’s but each time I do feel guilty as there are better ways to achieve these goals. A gvg is more structured then wvw, I believe on the back end they are working on a means to fulfill these needs by the players. In the meantime, instead of giving anet an ultimatum, just wait for it to be released. It has been shown in the past many times that Anet pays attention to it’s community.

[HL]JavaChips – SoR

[TW] Tempest Wolves
JavaChips – Asura | Mesmer
Grrdian – Asura | Guardian

in WvW

Liquid Storm.8097

GvG is stupid blah blah blah

What the people in WvW do is none of your concern. If there are 20 people on your server that want to do a GvG, there are also 20 people on another server that want to do them. So the numbers are even. And if you are so concerned about losing because of those 20 people fighting a private match for 30-60 minutes and not capping stuff, then your community should seriously consider forming more WvW-based guilds.

As for your comment about not interfering – it’s about respect. Of course you can jump right in the middle of a GvG fight, the game won’t hinder you and the devs won’t ban you if you do. But considering there is no official GvG mode in Guild Wars 2 (the irony) and guilds may only play that mode in WvW, show some respect and consideration and do not interfere. After all, guilds doing GvGs get better by doing them and they can see whether they’re on the right track. The data they get from wiping in WvW is insufficient because you can’t tell whether they’re fighting bigger groups or smaller groups, organized or disorganized, level 80 with proper gear or without.

So stop complaining, go play WvW like you want to play it and let others play it like they want.

Far Shiverpeaks EU

in WvW

Riondron.1069

I will have to agree as well. I do partake in wvw gvg’s but each time I do feel guilty as there are better ways to achieve these goals. A gvg is more structured then wvw, I believe on the back end they are working on a means to fulfill these needs by the players. In the meantime, instead of giving anet an ultimatum, just wait for it to be released. It has been shown in the past many times that Anet pays attention to it’s community.

[HL]JavaChips – SoR

And they likely have a very long ‘blacklist’ of whining forum babies to ignore entirely.

Commander Kitadia
NSP

in WvW

Riondron.1069

What the people in WvW do is none of your concern. If there are 20 people on your server that want to do a GvG, there are also 20 people on another server that want to do them. So the numbers are even. And if you are so concerned about losing because of those 20 people fighting a private match for 30-60 minutes and not capping stuff, then your community should seriously consider forming more WvW-based guilds.

As for your comment about not interfering – it’s about respect. Of course you can jump right in the middle of a GvG fight, the game won’t hinder you and the devs won’t ban you if you do. But considering there is no official GvG mode in Guild Wars 2 (the irony) and guilds may only play that mode in WvW, show some respect and consideration and do not interfere. After all, guilds doing GvGs get better by doing them and they can see whether they’re on the right track. The data they get from wiping in WvW is insufficient because you can’t tell whether they’re fighting bigger groups or smaller groups, organized or disorganized, level 80 with proper gear or without.

So stop complaining, go play WvW like you want to play it and let others play it like they want.

Really? How about the gvg’ers start having respect for their server by actually contributing. And if those same guilds can’t get the ‘data’ they need by fighting for real in wvw, then they should probably be playing Mario Cart.
edit:
In my experience, the majority of those gvg guilds ONLY play for gvg, and don’t care less about ppt, ranking, or the wvw population in general. I hear it from them all the time, and it is well stated in the forums as well. Most of the comments about it boil down to this: “don’t interfere with our gvg matches, but either way, we aren’t going to help you out at all”. I have never seen gvg guild in a current ‘private’ gvg match ever leave the match to go save bay, hills, garri, ,or the keep in eb, because they are too busy in their match to go help out the server.

Commander Kitadia
NSP

(edited by Riondron.1069)

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

I just would like people to keep in mind- While The GvG community is a minority, those that are directly or even indirectly opposing it is also a minority. Most people don’t really care.

minority ? bull – kitten ( i wrote kitten but you know what i mean )

if you can say minority the 26.000 videos in youtube i really don’t know what means minority !

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gw2+www+gvg&oq=gw2+www+gvg&gs_l=youtube.3...81142.81604.0.82134.3.3.0.0.0.0.86.246.3.3.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.95LjjHKbYaA

before a week ( before bloodlust patch ) in Saturday night the AG teampeak server crashed twice because we hit the 512 slots , same time today i saw 50 players ….

this is the minority now

(edited by Reborn.2934)

in WvW

Liquid Storm.8097

Really? How about the gvg’ers start having respect for their server by actually contributing. and if those same guilds can’t get the ‘data’ they need by fighting for real in wvw, then they should probably be playing Mario Cart.

Who usually wipes enemy blobs? Who storms in to save the day when there’s a threeway at Bay? Who is coordinating with another guild to capture Garrison while the other guild serves as a decoy at Hills? Organized guilds. And why are these organized guilds wiping groups twice or even thrice their size? Because they are coordinated and know their stuff. Why’s that? That’s right, GvGs.

Saying these guilds don’t contribute to WvW and gain points for their server is an insult to every guild who has done both WvW and GvG.

Far Shiverpeaks EU

in WvW

Tricare.2946

I’m going to have to say that most GvG guilds would stomp 90% of the rest that don’t GvG.

It’s just like duels. The more you duel 1v1 the better you know your class and the better you learn counters to other classes you face.

please stop the crying about 20 people doing a GvG for an hour and then most likely go flip crap in the same map they had the GvG in.

in WvW

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

Really? How about the gvg’ers start having respect for their server by actually contributing. and if those same guilds can’t get the ’data’ they need by fighting for real in wvw, then they should probably be playing Mario Cart.

Attachments:

~~Ayeres~~

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Your post is very Misleading.

“These 4 basketball courts” are not empty; *players are playing a game in these 4 basketball courts"

*Let’s get real here, example; in a basketball game court, do you ever see “players playing knowxk out on one side od the court”?

Absolutely Not!

If anyone would Dare try it, would be excourted out by the authories and be banned from entering the court.

I Encourage you to be Truthful in what you say and to restrain your posts in not deceiving others.

In conclusion,

To all GvG- Arena.net deserves to be appreciated and respected with great consideration for allowing you to even GvG in WvW in the first place.

Cause WvW is WvW- allows servers to play against each servers

GvG is GvG- allows only guild members to play against each other

and please don’t tell me that these 2 mean the same thing.

As the saying goes, “even a child knows who is daddy and who is mommy”

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in WvW

Tricare.2946

“These 4 basketball courts” are not empty; *players are playing a game in these 4 basketball courts"

*Let’s get real here, example; in a basketball game court, do you ever see “players playing knowxk out on one side od the court”?

Absolutely Not!

If anyone would Dare try it, would be excourted out by the authories and be banned from entering the court.

I Encourage you to be Truthful in what you say and to restrain your posts in not deceiving others.

In conclusion,

To all GvG- Arena.net deserves to be appreciated and respected with great consideration for allowing you to even GvG in WvW in the first place.

Cause WvW is WvW- *allows servers to play against each servers(

As the saying goes, “even a child knows who is daddy and mommy”

Public basketball courts have armed guards now?

in WvW

Burnfall.9573

Absolutely Not!

In conclusion,

Cause WvW is WvW- *allows servers to play against each servers(

As the saying goes, “even a child knows who is daddy and mommy”

Public basketball courts have armed guards now?

I never mentioned the word public, where did you get that in my post?

Ok, let me be more specific.

Basketball game court as in Bulls vs Celtic

Hope that helps

in WvW

Posted by: Merrik.6734

Merrik.6734

The game mode was made for open siege war and not remote GvG, if the dev wants to stand there he has the right to stand there, he did nothing wrong… He said, start the fight go go.

You guys knew it was open world warfare with siege when you bought the game, when you buy a new couch in the store and you are going to sleep on it but its not sleeping very comfortable you are not going back to the store and complain about that right? lol

Say if I bought a billiard stick and encountered muggers, im not allowed to break my billiard stick into 2 and use them as selfdefense arnis weapons because the billiard stick is sold as billiard stick?

do i violate the “billiard stick mode”?

Can you translate it to WvW words? I can do it with mine.. but I don’t understand yours.

are you prohibited to use something in a way that’s not its intended use? like using the billiard stick as weapons.

or say to play checkers using a chessboard?

Coz in WvW speak, they are prohibiting a gamemode (GvG) to be played within a game mode (WvWvW).

Your point is valid. Prohibiting a game mode is nonsense, cause if there aren’t any rules that impede the ‘prohibition’ then there’s no way to enforce it and it shouldn’t be in enforced in the first place, seeing as it’s a game and nobody is cheating by playing doing GvG.

On the contrary, people who play GvG actually elevate the general level of WvW to a more tactical and skillful activity. Nothing is as boring as watching 50 people kill 10, which is the general level of WvW I mention. 20v20 or 10v10 or 15v15 are FAIR matches that actually require skill of the groups in order to win, not just numbers.
It’s rather saddening that ArenaNet tries to negate this.

WvW is not GvG. WvW is not about 20v20 in an open field, it’s about winning across 4 maps over the course of a week with lots of small groups, big groups, and zergs defending, catching the enemy forces out of position, moving resources efficiently, and coordinating their efforts together to take objectives. GvG is about kills in the open field; a simplistic subset of what WvW is.

WvW is not meant to be fair, on purpose. The things that are the most interesting in WvW are when smaller groups are able to be disproportionately effective because they are skillful and knowledgeable of the game mechanics and terrain, and use preparation to their advantage. WvW is about taking objectives out from under the enemy’s forces as much as it is a head on collision of players. Organized and ritualized 20v20 is just sPvP with more people… not exactly a demonstration of extreme skill or strategic brilliance. You can already do 8v8 in a custom arena, and you don’t have to hijack a map and kitten around there to do it.

I think GvG practice fights help guilds get better at open field activity. It’s like practicing a passing drill in football. Does it make you a better passer? Yes. Does it make you much better at football? I guess that depends on what you’d be doing otherwise; you could be practicing other useful skills that would make you an all around better player. In this case though, GvG is like holding a passing drill while the game is going on, and periodically getting mad at the people who are playing the game while you’re trying to practice. Then kittening at them that you should be able to do that and they’re the ones being short sighted. It’s juvenile and kitten kitten.

in WvW

Tricare.2946

When did I say anything about professional basketball courts?

WvW is an open world for anyone to do as they please.

My analogy wasn’t misleading.

WvW is open to anyone to join. So are public basketball courts.

If people queue up a map, I have to wait my turn. If someone is play ANY type of basketball game on the court I have to wait my turn.

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Don’t interfer in GvG match that interfer in WvW match XD Intelligent people.
So you basicly ask others to do what you can’t do….

(edited by Titan.3472)

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

You might play wvw when you’re not gvg’ing, but there are many others that play just as much. And no matter how much time/effort you put into wvw, while you are doing a gvg, you are just taking up slots with a chance at giving a small amount of points for stomps.

Yea cos all matchups arnt blowouts. Cos all matches are even. Cos all servers have long ques.

There is a reason why people GvG and there is a reason why alot of them a hardcore wvw folks.

A lot are blowouts, but others aren’t. Not that this has anything to do with what I said.

Queue length doesn’t matter, a queue is a queue. It’s a negative impact on wvw either way. Even with my server’s relatively low wvw population, I’ve seen gvg matches causing queue issues on multiple occasions. Thankfully at least some of the guilds are courteous enough to move their match to a less populated map.

Even without a queue, and especially in an uneven matchup, gvg can have a negative impact. If there are only 30 on a map, and 15 of those are in a gvg match, the remaining 15 are going to have a lot harder time trying to hold/capture objectives. As many like to point out, a lot of gvg’ers are also avid wvw’ers. If those 15 weren’t tied up in a gvg, they’d likely be helping the others and making the a fight a bit more even. Those 15 organized players could be a great asset to their server, if they weren’t wasting time in a mock gvg.

I realize why they gvg, and that they represent a subset of the hardcore wvw players. My point is that their contribution to wvw does not make it acceptable for them to take up queue slots or otherwise negatively impact their server’s wvw players for the sake of their gvg matches.

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

It’s saturday, already all but 2 of the 8 NA matches are decided and we’re under 24 hours in. 15-20 people on a map you aren’t queuing anyway aren’t blocking anybody from doing anything for the 30 minutes they’re doing that before they go back to saving your blind pubby kitten from the AC’s you just walked right into.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

GvG is, in a way, like medieval tournaments of old. They allow people to practice their skills, kitten, and try out new techniques in a more controlled environment.

And for those who complain about queues: in the lower tiers (where this particular incident took place), there is zero issue. GvG or fight clubs usually take place on Thursdays when the match has long been decided and when player population is low.

in WvW

Riondron.1069

Really? How about the gvg’ers start having respect for their server by actually contributing. and if those same guilds can’t get the ‘data’ they need by fighting for real in wvw, then they should probably be playing Mario Cart.

Who usually wipes enemy blobs? Who storms in to save the day when there’s a threeway at Bay? Who is coordinating with another guild to capture Garrison while the other guild serves as a decoy at Hills? Organized guilds. And why are these organized guilds wiping groups twice or even thrice their size? Because they are coordinated and know their stuff. Why’s that? That’s right, GvGs.

Saying these guilds don’t contribute to WvW and gain points for their server is an insult to every guild who has done both WvW and GvG.

An insult? I have belonged to many organized guilds, and even owned one, and we have NEVER dueled or gvg’d. Ever. And we are the ones that are saving towers, wiping zergs, capturing etc… So how do you explain that? And the best part? We do it while the gvg groups are paying pretend behind the windmill. does gvg teach siege placement? does gvg teach attacking or defending a tower? does gvg teach ppl how to properly port a golem train? does it teach them how to stay in a group and not wander off of chase down a group higher numbered ppl? so please tell me again just how much gvg teaches any of these things, and I’ll give you my ocean-front beach house in Arizona, all taxes and transfer fees paid.

Commander Kitadia
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Did somehow everyone being vocal in this thread against GvGs miss that those GvGs mostly take place on Thursdays or Fridays?
Are you putting your fingers in your ears and your hands on your eyes and pretend (and just for this topic) that most matches aren’t a complete blowout by Saturday afternoon, let alone Thursday or Friday evening?
Really?

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

Did somehow everyone being vocal in this thread against GvGs miss that those GvGs mostly take place on Thursdays or Fridays?
Are you putting your fingers in your ears and your hands on your eyes and pretend (and just for this topic) that most matches aren’t a complete blowout by Saturday afternoon, let alone Thursday or Friday evening?
Really?

they are trolling

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

An insult? I have belonged to many organized guilds, and even owned one, and we have NEVER dueled or gvg’d. Ever. And we are the ones that are saving towers, wiping zergs, capturing etc… So how do you explain that? And the best part? We do it while the gvg groups are paying pretend behind the windmill. does gvg teach siege placement? does gvg teach attacking or defending a tower? does gvg teach ppl how to properly port a golem train? does it teach them how to stay in a group and not wander off of chase down a group higher numbered ppl? so please tell me again just how much gvg teaches any of these things, and I’ll give you my ocean-front beach house in Arizona, all taxes and transfer fees paid.

Because your guilds never did dueling or GvG, then logically any guild that does those things must never do normal WvW? Having played against ET a number of times, the people I’ve seen in GvGs and fought at fight nights have been far more skilled than the people I’ve encountered while solo roaming and running in blobs.

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

One can’t help but wonder whether this dev’s attitude (“violating my game mode”) is reflective of how devs speak of GvG within the company. No doubt they would never officially admit it, but now I’m very very suspicious.

This is why you should watch your words when speaking as a representative of your company.

in WvW

Posted by: Ghoulina.2976

Ghoulina.2976

Meh, I don’t care for GvG personally, I do however think they should have their own GvG arenas up to whatever number they wish, this would even be nice for zerg vs zerg practice tactics for WvW guilds. It would also release the WvW space that they consume (usually on off nights anyways, so I don’t really see too much of an issue).

Reguardless of that, this dev was out of line. Seriously out of line, and giving the poster an infraction, even more ridiculous. People should be aware of inappropriate dev behaviour, and they shouldn’t be punished for pointing it out, nor should they be punished for a difference of opinion than Anets. What is this, 1984? Freedom Is Slavery people, freedom is slavery.

Mîs: Careful what you say. The moderators are watching, and ignorance is strength.
JQ-80: Mes/Eng/Ele/Thief/Guard/Rang/Nec/War

in WvW

Liquid Storm.8097

….I’m just gonna go ahead and quote Tellerion.

Attachments:

Far Shiverpeaks EU

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

Terrible argument. GvG doesn’t have to teach any of the things you mentioned. Open field fights happen quite frequently in WvW; GvG helps guilds improve in open field fights.

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

Really?

they are trolling

Not at all.

I don’t care if we’re 150k points ahead or 150k points behind, hitting a queue because of people consciously not participating in wvw is negatively impacting my experience. Moving a large force to a new map, only to have 30 of them locked out because of the 15-25 gvg’ers and their spectators taking up slots negatively impacts that entire group.

Losing a keep to blue team while a 20-player organized team is busy having a slap-fight with green team behind the windmill impacts everyone on the map. Red team just lost a keep that those 20 could likely have saved, blue team now has a another keep, and green team has an opportunity to attempt to flip a reset paper keep.

in WvW

Riondron.1069

Really?

And are you completely blind to the fact that the reason why us wvw’ers are complain about gvg’ers is because those silly matches happen just about every day of the week?
And I suppose that you are also blind to the fact that a 20man gvg match taking place while 5 ppl are trying to defend their bl against a 15-20 man zerg and loose the entire bl just doesn’t happen? And I can’t tell you how many times on my previous server that we were ‘blown out’ by Monday, and still managed to place first for match by reset. Give me a break!

Commander Kitadia
NSP

in WvW

Burnfall.9573

When did I say anything about professional basketball courts?

WvW is an open world for anyone to do as they please.

My analogy wasn’t misleading.

WvW is open to anyone to join. So are public basketball courts.

If people queue up a map, I have to wait my turn. If someone is play ANY type of basketball game on the court I have to wait my turn.

How about if people including myself are being punished to wait longer for queue’s due to gvg, where’s the justice?

I will be honest about this, GvG does not contribute to anything in WvW mechanics.

How so?

Well you can’t because you have to be a “guildie” a guild member

In other word, if you are not a club member, you are not allowed to play.

While In other hand, party and zerge group provide and contributes to WvW mechanics.

Personally, i don’t mind GvG but to be real, GvG is Punishing WvW providers and con tributers from ever entering wvw ‘court’ with everlating que..

Did you know i have to wait nearly 1-1/2 hours to wvw?

I have stopped GvG because i felt selfish and non-productive for not allowing dedicated wvw players from entering the que…. and most importantly, i felt GvG was all a PvP ‘Ego-trip’

In conclusion, i had finally decided to spend my ‘Ego-trip’ with my WvW group and the zerg,

There are no “Special Treamtments” ideals to WvW.

in other owrd, we are 1 Universal Family; everyone is allowed to the family.

WvW is an open community ‘court’,

not a closed ‘guild member club’ ‘court’

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

And are you completely blind to the fact that the reason why us wvw’ers are complain about gvg’ers is because those silly matches happen just about every day of the week?
And I suppose that you are also blind to the fact that a 20man gvg match taking place while 5 ppl are trying to defend their bl against a 15-20 man zerg and loose the entire bl just doesn’t happen? And I can’t tell you how many times on my previous server that we were ‘blown out’ by Monday, and still managed to place first for match by reset. Give me a break!

Well, since those people apparently never do any WvW at all besides GvG, if there’s no queue stopping other people from getting in, you might as well go yell at PvE players to help defend bay, right? I mean, since those people don’t ever contribute anything anyways…

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

I don’t get it, how did he interfere? For an Anet developer not to know about GvG is ridiculous, GvG has been around for ages.

Personally I think GvG is great, its people using a platform (WvW) to play the game how they want. Its pretty cool just to sit on the hill and watch these fights.

I can’t see him trolling much from those images…

in WvW

Posted by: ragas.1843

ragas.1843

And this is why i stop play guild wars 2 , i’m fed up with this game waiting for a GvG arena a proper one not like spvp where all items are free etc.. a place that you show up with the gear that you craft or you farm to get like ascended or legendary with the skins that i want and most important to play with the guild , yes WITH THE GUILD not with party like spvp ,yes is this game name is not Guild Wars?i bought this game because some friends played guild wars 1 and they told me about GvG in guild wars1, so i spend 65$ wait 1 year and few times bought gems for WHAT?
if at least i could have a refund ,because fake adverts like for example the game name GUILD WARS, there is no guild wars on this game there is party wars, pve, and server vs server vs server wars a.k.a WvW.
You guys create already the crab arena for what?keg brawl arena it was fun but is any one still playing that? why not please the true fan’s , also $$$ supporters that are playing, OR trying to do some GvG . pve load’s of updates ,pvp few new maps, wvw some slow changes , for worse ( my opinion), why not this time a arena for the guys that want to play GvG instead of having this places ( crab and keg brawl) empty?

Micro[VcY]call center manager

in WvW

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

What a ridiculously unprofessional situation.

And then a separate employee ’apologizes on this behalf ’?

Excuse me?

He needs to apologize himself, for HIS actions. Having someone apologize for you means NIL.

Haven’t played for a week, been playing other games…. I really do miss how epic of a game GW1 was compared to GW2 (hands down one of the very best games ever created in the history of video games), and things like this are just another nail in the ‘play as we say’ coffin they’re constructing.

It is an attitude like this that shows why orbs were brought back:

- Players “No. No. Please. Please do not bring stat buffing orbs back, it only allows the winning team to win even more. No. Please. Stop. No. No, no, please, please listen to us, please?? We do not want orbs of imbalance back in the game. Please no!”

- WvW team “HAHAHA this is MY game and I will force something on you that no one wants.”

And server imbalance:

- Players “Please stop giving us stupid match ups like rank 1 vs rank 10, we just want to have fun based around relatively competitive fights, not get blobbed to death by people with no server loyalty who band wagoned to the top ranked servers.”

- WvW team “Sorry we’re introducing ‘leagues’, it is the same match ups just repackaged under a different name, and the server at the bottom of the ‘league 1’ will get consistently worse match ups than they’ve ever had before. Hope you like it! Oh and we’re going to reward the rank 1 server for coming first again, reinforcing the server stack mentality. Oh and your server will never be rank 1 at the end of the ‘season’ due to server stack imbalance, so enjoy never getting the rewards the band wagoners will get.”

And here I was going to make a 50 word post…

(edited by Have No Faith In Me.1840)

in WvW

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

Some of you are such babies, there is no way I am reading 17 pages of people crying about this but from the several pages I have read I am sure that’s what most of this is. People are making a way bigger deal of this than they needed to, I asked earlier why they didn’t just kill the guy and continue on and apparently they did so why everyone is so kitten I don’t understand. All the people threatening to leave the game please do, and stop posting while you are at it.