Some ANET interfered with our GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Some of you are such babies, there is no way I am reading 17 pages of people crying about this but from the several pages I have read I am sure that’s what most of this is. People are making a way bigger deal of this than they needed to, I asked earlier why they didn’t just kill the guy and continue on and apparently they did so why everyone is so kitten I don’t understand. All the people threatening to leave the game please do, and stop posting while you are at it.

You’ll wake up to the ‘play as we say’ fact one day.

Glad you’re still enjoying it for now though.

in WvW

Posted by: Oroibahazopi.9074

Oroibahazopi.9074

ANet intervenes when people play arguably the most competitive aspect of this game currently, but allows people to farm rank in their esport sPvP mode.

Having these matches before reset has barely any impact on the scores at all.

ANet and the WvW team had a great product pre wow-transformation mode. Now it’s just a complete mess.

I’d love to know what goes through the dev team’s heads.

in WvW

Posted by: Stoneflesh.8634

Stoneflesh.8634

All I’m seeing is a guy who should get punished for calling somebody “a kittening kitten” out of nothing, because he is standing somewhere they don’t dont want him to stand.
Then a bunch of people acting like 12 year old boys being all childish towards him.

Imo, he handled it pretty well and walked away soon after.

And he does have a point. You are contribution absolutely nothing to your server in WvW. It’s totally not what it’s meant for.

That you want to GvG is fine with me. But your reaction toward the dev was unasked for. And making a reddit post and this forum thread just to QQ is pathetic imo.

The saddest thing is that Arenanet had to make an official apology while, in fact, the guy didn’t do anything wrong.

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Where’s the justice for people akitteng at spawn? where’s the justice for someone building random siege that’s not needed or taking a golem and attacking mobs with it? They’re not contributing anything at all to wvw.

GvG’s now with the buttlust actually provide points when they spike.

your whole argument about this being a ‘members club’ is flawed.

You’re arguing about something the guild is doing together as a guild. So what? Now we need to get rid of guilds all together, because if someone is not in your guild, they’re excluded from talking in their guild chat? Every guild has done something with guild only, even pve has guild only events, hence guild missions.

Your argument about GvG punishing WvW contributers is also wrong. GvG guilds are KNOWN to be the most active wvw guilds there are, period.

Your argument about queues is also EXTREMELY horrible. It’s only you and your guilds fault for trying to stack servers.

Did you know, I’ve NEVER had to queue to get into a wvw map? I’m on Maguuma and yes, we do queue maps, but there is ALWAYS one open.

GvG is not a ‘Ego-trip’. Guilds win some and lose some. They learn and adapt their play style and get better. Making them MUCH more effective in WvW when they come up against larger numbers.

in conclusion, i don’t care what you do lol

WvW is an open community ‘court’

GvG is just a side game being played on that court. Anyone is welcome to bring their guild and give it a shot. GvG’s are not just 20v20.

People do 5v5 gvg’s

in WvW

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

And this is why i stop play guild wars 2 , i’m fed up with this game waiting for a GvG arena a proper one not like spvp where all items are free etc.. a place that you show up with the gear that you craft or you farm to get like ascended or legendary with the skins that i want and most important to play with the guild , yes WITH THE GUILD

All items being free is a vital part of balance in pvp, and that should carry over to a gvg arena. You shoud be better because you are better, not better because you had more time to farm. However, I don’t like the limitations of the current spvp gear system in terms of stat combos and the inability to mix stats like you can with pve/wvw gear. Keep the spvp ‘free’ gear, but give it the flexibility of pve gear.

if at least i could have a refund ,because fake adverts like for example the game name GUILD WARS, there is no guild wars on this game there is party wars, pve, and server vs server vs server wars a.k.a WvW.

It’s called “Guild Wars” for two reasons. It’s a sequel to another game of the same name. That game was called “Guild Wars” for a point in game lore/history referred to as “The Guild Wars”
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Guild_Wars

The name may have carried some more meaning for GW1, as that game did have gvg battles, but GW2 carries the name for lore reasons and because it’s a sequel in the same series.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

in WvW

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

The thing is the only ways they can really interfere with your game play is done out of the game with updates and new content etc. In game is it really so hard to kill one member of Anet staff, especially when everyone claims they have no skill? Even if a zerg of Anet employees came to roll on your GvG fights surely your superior skill would have no trouble wiping them right? That is why I don’t understand the whining, let the dude say what he wants to say, in game he can’t stop you from GvGing.

in WvW

Posted by: magikfox.9658

magikfox.9658

Nothing wrong with someone trolling. Can’t ban anyone for that in WvW.

But the AUDACITY of flipping your Anet tag, as if that makes his actions right. Disrespectful and just desserts. I hope the guy is upset and that he feels bad about what he has done. I think Anets reply to this is suffice and I am happy that they came forward with an apology.

Therefore I’m over it. Glad that Anet does have the GvG community in mind and that as a company they have respect for them.

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Where’s the justice for people akitteng at spawn? where’s the justice for someone building random siege that’s not needed or taking a golem and attacking mobs with it? They’re not contributing anything at all to wvw.

GvG’s now with the buttlust actually provide points when they spike.

your whole argument about this being a ‘members club’ is flawed.

You’re arguing about something the guild is doing together as a guild. So what? Now we need to get rid of guilds all together, because if someone is not in your guild, they’re excluded from talking in their guild chat? Every guild has done something with guild only, even pve has guild only events, hence guild missions.

Your argument about GvG punishing WvW contributers is also wrong. GvG guilds are KNOWN to be the most active wvw guilds there are, period.

Your argument about queues is also EXTREMELY horrible. It’s only you and your guilds fault for trying to stack servers.

Did you know, I’ve NEVER had to queue to get into a wvw map? I’m on Maguuma and yes, we do queue maps, but there is ALWAYS one open.

GvG is not a ‘Ego-trip’. Guilds win some and lose some. They learn and adapt their play style and get better. Making them MUCH more effective in WvW when they come up against larger numbers.

in conclusion, i don’t care what you do lol

WvW is an open community ‘court’

GvG is just a side game being played on that court. Anyone is welcome to bring their guild and give it a shot. GvG’s are not just 20v20.

People do 5v5 gvg’s

How about if i don’t have a guild, so therefore i can’t gvg?

Well only if i have to be ‘members club..a.k.a. guild’ to participate in gvg

whereas, in wvw; i can come and party with anyone, with any group as i please, without any obligations.

Do you understand?

That’s the beautiy of WvW

Oppeness, acceptance, support and provision at ease to everyone, no matter what guild you belong to.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in WvW

Posted by: magikfox.9658

magikfox.9658

The thing is the only ways they can really interfere with your game play is done out of the game with updates and new content etc. In game is it really so hard to kill one member of Anet staff, especially when everyone claims they have no skill? Even if a zerg of Anet employees came to roll on your GvG fights surely your superior skill would have no trouble wiping them right? That is why I don’t understand the whining, let the dude say what he wants to say, in game he can’t stop you from GvGing.

Reply quick. He was standing in the middle of the field. And when he was attacked he hid close to the friendly GvGers for protection. He knew full well what he was doing, and this WHINING you’re talking about it legitimate complaints.

It’s funny, because without these GvGers more then half of the competent WvW population would be gone :/

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

Wow. You sound so ignorant right now.

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love
¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

in WvW

Posted by: Riondron.1069

Riondron.1069

And are you completely blind to the fact that the reason why us wvw’ers are complain about gvg’ers is because those silly matches happen just about every day of the week?
And I suppose that you are also blind to the fact that a 20man gvg match taking place while 5 ppl are trying to defend their bl against a 15-20 man zerg and loose the entire bl just doesn’t happen? And I can’t tell you how many times on my previous server that we were ‘blown out’ by Monday, and still managed to place first for match by reset. Give me a break!

Well, since those people apparently never do any WvW at all besides GvG, if there’s no queue stopping other people from getting in, you might as well go yell at PvE players to help defend bay, right? I mean, since those people don’t ever contribute anything anyways…

lol…so u argue that gvg players contribute to wvw, and you suggest pve players to contribute to wvw? so let me get this straight (from several posts in this thread)……wvw players who don’t gvg are not organized and have no skill….gvg players contribute to ppt by not playing wvw, but only gvg….wvw players can ONLY get ‘organized’ and ‘skilled’ by playing gvg…..gvg players get better wvw skills by gvg’ing, so that they can contribute to wvw… and pve players can be recruited to contribute – wait…what? Pve players do not enter wvw for numerous reasons, so how much impact do they really have either way? they may as well be playing a different game entirely, for all that they contribute or not contribute to wvw OR gvg, so why even bring them into the argument?!

Most but not all of the gvg guild generally fall under one of these:
*they could care less about ppt, or having a winning server: they are just looking for ‘good fights’
*they stand around a camp waiting for the 4min RI to end
*they really have no clue how to place siege to attack or defend
*they pvd a gate w/o clearing the siege on top
*they wipe on said gate because they mostly only know how to attack out in the open
*would rather drop flame rams and catas out in the unprotected open, when the easier, safer, less manpower consuming option would be to use a superior treb from a protected/hidden spot to crack the tower open, while they take/defend something else in the meantime
*and they never, ever drop gold to upgrade a tower when re-taken, and they could care less about it because they just don’t give a kitten about wvw server ranking or winning

These things are the heart of the issue that we wvw’ers have against gvg’ers. And if you gvg’ers STILL can’t see that fact, then you are truly blind to what a wvwvw server war is all about. You can have all the individual skill and gear there is to be had, and still get your kittens kicked by the players who know how to play against 2 servers at once, instead of 1 single guild in a pre-planned, safe and easy, sterile atmosphere.

Commander Kitadia
NSP
Kill a few: there won’t be a many

in WvW

Posted by: AppleHack.7340

AppleHack.7340

ITT: Bunch of baddies crying because “Muh GvGs!” Well at least you made one person laugh with your shenanigans.

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Moving a large force to a new map, only to have 30 of them locked out

LOL you’re right, your karma train is a way more valid form of pvp

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

And are you completely blind to the fact that the reason why us wvw’ers are complain about gvg’ers is because those silly matches happen just about every day of the week?
And I suppose that you are also blind to the fact that a 20man gvg match taking place while 5 ppl are trying to defend their bl against a 15-20 man zerg and loose the entire bl just doesn’t happen? And I can’t tell you how many times on my previous server that we were ‘blown out’ by Monday, and still managed to place first for match by reset. Give me a break!

Well, since those people apparently never do any WvW at all besides GvG, if there’s no queue stopping other people from getting in, you might as well go yell at PvE players to help defend bay, right? I mean, since those people don’t ever contribute anything anyways…

lol…so u argue that gvg players contribute to wvw, and you suggest pve players to contribute to wvw? so let me get this straight (from several posts in this thread)……wvw players who don’t gvg are not organized and have no skill….gvg players contribute to ppt by not playing wvw, but only gvg….wvw players can ONLY get ‘organized’ and ‘skilled’ by playing gvg…..gvg players get better wvw skills by gvg’ing, so that they can contribute to wvw… and pve players can be recruited to contribute – wait…what? Pve players do not enter wvw for numerous reasons, so how much impact do they really have either way? they may as well be playing a different game entirely, for all that they contribute or not contribute to wvw OR gvg, so why even bring them into the argument?!

Most but not all of the gvg guild generally fall under one of these:
*they could care less about ppt, or having a winning server: they are just looking for ‘good fights’
*they stand around a camp waiting for the 4min RI to end
*they really have no clue how to place siege to attack or defend
*they pvd a gate w/o clearing the siege on top
*they wipe on said gate because they mostly only know how to attack out in the open
*would rather drop flame rams and catas out in the unprotected open, when the easier, safer, less manpower consuming option would be to use a superior treb from a protected/hidden spot to crack the tower open, while they take/defend something else in the meantime
*and they never, ever drop gold to upgrade a tower when re-taken, and they could care less about it because they just don’t give a kitten about wvw server ranking or winning

These things are the heart of the issue that we wvw’ers have against gvg’ers. And if you gvg’ers STILL can’t see that fact, then you are truly blind to what a wvwvw server war is all about. You can have all the individual skill and gear there is to be had, and still get your kittens kicked by the players who know how to play against 2 servers at once, instead of 1 single guild in a pre-planned, safe and easy, sterile atmosphere.

I would love to see where you’re getting the statistics to be able to claim that most GvG-ers wait for camps, don’t know how to place siege, PvD without clearing siege, only know how to attack out in the open, don’t treb, and don’t upgrade. Mind posting those statistics for me?

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Anet is really missing the opportunity here.

One of the big problems with WvW is burn out. If WvW ended on tuesday and there was a little break where people could focus on smaller and shorter duration pvp, it might improve the longevity tremendously.

They could make an Spvp area for GvG quite easily. You could have Deathmatch, Capture the Flag even a larger scale WvWvW type area (imagine EB without stonemist, maybe ruins with objectives in the middle). You could set it for number of points to win and # of people.

They need to support the community rather than interfere.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Join a guild. start a guild, become friends with poeple in the guild and i’m sure you can jump in. We have even invited people into the guild just for 1 gvg match.

ALL of your arguments meet dead ends and are pointless.

in WvW

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

An insult? I have belonged to many organized guilds, and even owned one, and we have NEVER dueled or gvg’d. Ever. And we are the ones that are saving towers, wiping zergs, capturing etc… So how do you explain that? And the best part? We do it while the gvg groups are paying pretend behind the windmill. does gvg teach siege placement? does gvg teach attacking or defending a tower? does gvg teach ppl how to properly port a golem train? does it teach them how to stay in a group and not wander off of chase down a group higher numbered ppl? so please tell me again just how much gvg teaches any of these things, and I’ll give you my ocean-front beach house in Arizona, all taxes and transfer fees paid.

You missed out the part where enemy guilds ambush you in towers/keeps/smc by hiding behind the wall and beating your bigger zerg down with skill. This happens all the time. Why do you think RG’s sacrx scored first for 250000 player kills?

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

For all of those complaining about queues and GvG in WvW, ya’ll are going to start screeching when the WvW achievements come into affect and your population in WvW triples overnight from pve completionists making it a long wait to get in and complete yours … Or play.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

I don’t really care for gvg, but I try to respect it. However, some gvg clowns are jack booted thugs and climb all over you if you accidentally stumble into their little frolic. I cant blame people for hating them. some of them are the most virulent stuck up elitists in the game. some..

OP’d thief, lol

in WvW

Riondron.1069

An insult? I have belonged to many organized guilds, and even owned one, and we have NEVER dueled or gvg’d. Ever. And we are the ones that are saving towers, wiping zergs, capturing etc… So how do you explain that? And the best part? We do it while the gvg groups are paying pretend behind the windmill. does gvg teach siege placement? does gvg teach attacking or defending a tower? does gvg teach ppl how to properly port a golem train? does it teach them how to stay in a group and not wander off of chase down a group higher numbered ppl? so please tell me again just how much gvg teaches any of these things, and I’ll give you my ocean-front beach house in Arizona, all taxes and transfer fees paid.

You missed out the part where enemy guilds ambush you in towers/keeps/smc by hiding behind the wall and beating your bigger zerg down with skill. This happens all the time. Why do you think RG’s sacrx scored first for 250000 player kills?

And you missed the part were I left that out because Everyone has been in that situation, both the ambusher and the ambush victim. I have been that commander that hides to make an ambush of larger numbers – and done it with pugs- because there is no place for them to retreat to, up against a wall as they are. I have done with a group of pugs many times the same things that gvg’ers do, because I communicate my intentions in map chat Before moving out, and I never run them into a headlong battle: I flank their sides, come at them from behind, flash build bali’s and ac’s….
These things are called Tactics, something of which I have seen little of from the gvg guilds as they seem to favor an open field battle because of the challenge and ego-trip they are on. And they rarely know how to counter my tactics because I don’t do what everyone else generally does, so they are caught clueless by it, and they just can’t seem to run away fast enough, and I do it with PUGS. Imagine that! So if I can destroy those gvg guild blobs like I do, then it is truly the defining reason above all else, why I have little to no respect for the so-called ‘gvg skills’

….and who the kitten is sacrx, and why should anyone care? I could care less that someone has put in probably 3000 hours into racking up that many kills…good for him! CONGRATUALTIONS! ALL HAIL SACRX! WE ARE NOT WORTHY OF HIS EXCELLENCE IN BATTE!
pfft…it may be that he is a very good player and tactician, and I do have respect for such people. But again….why should I care? exactly?

Commander Kitadia
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Everyone wanna tell GvG people : “kitten off and get out our game in WvW please go find another place and stop being so selfish and like everyone should respect your kittenes because you are not the ROXXXXXXXXOR you believe to be” YOU FREAKING TERRORISTS XD

(edited by Titan.3472)

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

Are you actually going argue the validity of a group of people actually doing something wvw-related and helpful to the server, compared to a group of 15-25 doing absolutely nothing of use to anyone? Sure, a wxp train might have other motivation, but it’s certainly a lot more valid to wvw than anything happening behind the windmill. Staging a gvg inside wvw is about as “invalid” as you can possibly be. And that is my point.

What does something being a “valid form of pvp” have to do with this? What is a “valid” form? 30-50 players going out of their way to avoid the gametype they are in, just so they can pointlessly kill each other for an hour is more “valid” somehow?

If you want “valid” pvp, go do spvp. WvW consists of a lot more than killing other players. And open field doesn’t exactly count as “valid” in wvw when it’s a planned mock fight between 2 groups that aren’t even attempting to do anything relevant to wvw.

(edited by mrstealth.6701)

in WvW

Burnfall.9573

Join a guild. start a guild, become friends with poeple in the guild and i’m sure you can jump in. We have even invited people into the guild just for 1 gvg match.

ALL of your arguments meet dead ends and are pointless.

that’s harsh condemnation especially for a guild recruiter.

you see..that is what i’ve been talking about all along.

That is what make wvw so welcomining and friendly.

Anyhow, i belong to 5 guildsthat does gvg and wvw, spvp etc…

No harsh treatments from them.

Well i’ll end my valid argument here…

At the end, GvG will be pushed far of to the small corner of ‘the court’

In other word, less que…s

and to leave room for everyone to wvw at ease without any obligations or limitations.

To leave enough room for Arena.net to work on what matters for WvW.

Once and for all

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in WvW

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I just wish all the loud whiny guys who claim that they will leave the game actually do. The community would be so much better without them. It’s like watching kindergarten… and just because a Dev. states that he doesn’t like how griefers are griefing a game mode people blow things WAY out of proportion and leave Anet no other choice then apologize. Honestly: Anet should back their devs up, griefing is NOT ok period.

GvG when the match is decided and “no one” is playing any more? Just no. This is just stupid. You don’t let half of your soccer team play basketball in the last 15 minutes when the match is decided. You simply wait till you get your basketball court and leave the soccer court to people who enjoy playing soccer.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

18 pages of QQ:ing because some anet dev thought it would be fun to troll around a bit? Guys, you can’t be serious…

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in WvW

Burnfall.9573

I just wish all the loud whiny guys who claim that they will leave the game actually do. The community would be so much better without them. It’s like watching kindergarten… and just because a Dev. states that he doesn’t like how griefers are griefing a game mode people blow things WAY out of proportion and leave Anet no other choice then apologize. Honestly: Anet should back their devs up, griefing is NOT ok period.

GvG when the match is decided and “no one” is playing any more? Just no. This is just stupid. You don’t let half of your soccer team play basketball in the last 15 minutes when the match is decided. You simply wait till you get your basketball court and leave the soccer court to people who enjoy playing soccer.

indeed.

You said it better than i

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Bit of a slow response but pretty much exactly what I expected. Maybe a bit longer than I expected.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Riondron.1069

Are you actually going argue the validity of a group of people actually doing something wvw-related and helpful to the server, compared to a group of 15-25 doing absolutely nothing of use to anyone? Sure, a wxp train might have other motivation, but it’s a certainly a lot more valid to wvw than anything happening behind the windmill. Staging a gvg inside wvw is about as “invalid” as you can possibly be. And that is my point.

What does something being a “valid form of pvp” have to do with this? What is a “valid” form? 30-50 players going out of their way to avoid the gametype they are in, just so they can pointlessly kill each other for an hour is more “valid” somehow?

If you want “valid” pvp, go do spvp. WvW consists of a lot more than killing other players. And open field doesn’t exactly count as “valid” in wvw when it’s a planned mock fight between 2 groups that aren’t even attempting to do anything relevant to wvw.

GvG is for newbies and beginners that found out game mechanisms and coordination what they suppose that they are the only to achieve this knowledge and game play but they are just wrong and still believe being the only skilled players : that s just so funny and sad at the same time…

And yes, they may run a karma farm train and rack up some wxp and PPT, but after an hour or 2 of doing that, they simply vanish with nothing sieged up or upgraded, and the enemy just waits for them to leave, then they swoop in and clear the map that has only 5-6 defenders on it with a 40 man bulldozer. Later on, you will find that gvg blob all farming champs, temple, or dungeons so that they can get all the ascended gear and frilly laced exotic armor that makes them feel like they have superb skills and bragging rights over all the pugs in wvw that don’t have them, while those of us wvw’ers who spend 8-20 hours a day fighting for the benefit of everyone on our server are getting stomped by superior numbers the other 22 hours that they are not there to help…..and they wonder why we complain….(facepalm)
And if Anet really wanted gvg in this game, not only would they have advertised it as such instead of pushing WvWvW ‘server’ battles in their advertising, but they would ALSO have made a separate gvg arena. Go figure….

Commander Kitadia
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Oof. Can we just close this thread already?

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

GvG is for newbies and beginners that found out game mechanisms and coordination what they suppose that they are the only to achieve this knowledge and game play but they are just wrong and still believe being the only skilled players : that s just so funny and sad at the same time…

I wouldn’t go that far with it. Some of them are very good at what they do, and know how to apply that skill to wvw and are capable of cooperating/coordinating with others. I’ve seen some gvg guilds (from my server and from others) be valuable assets to their servers (while not gvg’ing or only hunting for ‘good fights’). But I’ve seen just as many, if not more (seems to be many more to me) that aren’t any more helpful than the average pug group when caught outside of their element (gvg). Being good at open field fighting is a valuable skill to have, but you need more than that to be successful in wvw.

I’ve even seen some cases where their desire for a ‘good open field fight’ has lead them right into being slaughtered by smaller force, because they got out-played and out-maneuvered. Stack up, buff, and charge in doesn’t work so well against an enemy that can use terrain and siege to their advantage. One such incident I was part of was actually lead by a commander from a gvg guild. Some of their members were there, but it was mostly a pug group. We ended up wiping a combined force of two enemy guild groups (I know at least one was a gvg guild) that attempted a 2-front attack on us.

in WvW

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

Bit of a slow response but pretty much exactly what I expected. Maybe a bit longer than I expected.

They don’t have a choice but respond. There are a number of upset people and they need damage control in place. I think Chris is becoming the unofficial PR “sorry guys” employee. Can’t we just move on? It’s not like the company or any representatives of it have done anything stupid in the past.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

And yes, they may run a karma farm train and rack up some wxp and PPT, but after an hour or 2 of doing that, they simply vanish with nothing sieged up or upgraded, and the enemy just waits for them to leave, then they swoop in and clear the map that has only 5-6 defenders on it with a 40 man bulldozer. Later on, you will find that gvg blob all farming champs, temple, or dungeons so that they can get all the ascended gear and frilly laced exotic armor that makes them feel like they have superb skills and bragging rights over all the pugs in wvw that don’t have them, while those of us wvw’ers who spend 8-20 hours a day fighting for the benefit of everyone on our server are getting stomped by superior numbers the other 22 hours that they are not there to help

On my server, it’s usually the ones putting in 8-20 hours that are that karma train, or at least the ones leading it. Taking enemy BLs when the opportunity is there, and moving back to defend our own when it’s threatened by an enemy zerg. It tends to attract more from pve, but our frequent wvw’ers are usually in the mix, with some doing turns staying behind to guard.

It does revert to a no-holding karma train when the our force is much smaller than the enemy presence (which is somewhat common for us). There isn’t much else you can do when your ‘train’ is only 20 people, and you’re up against 75 from another server.

My personal preference is to hold everything we can, and take any targets of opportunity. The former situation goes rather well with that, and the training is a nice boost to the rewards and a draw for more players.

in WvW

Player Character.9467

Are you actually going argue the validity of a group of people actually doing something wvw-related and helpful to the server, compared to a group of 15-25 doing absolutely nothing of use to anyone? Sure, a wxp train might have other motivation, but it’s certainly a lot more valid to wvw than anything happening behind the windmill. Staging a gvg inside wvw is about as “invalid” as you can possibly be. And that is my point.

So… you’re still defending running a group of players large enough that all you can do is auto 1 and run into each other?

in WvW

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

I’m not the biggest fan of GvG, but I understand why they do it.

1) These players usually run small man compared to the rest of the groups on their server. For example a T-8 ‘small man’ would be something like 3-5 but no more than 10, and a T-1 ‘small man’ would be 15-25.
2) The zergs in this game have become progressively larger since launch and this is due to the evolution of WvW. Rewards, small map size, game mechanics (condi-meta, AOE cap, downed-state, zerg reviving stomped players, etc) have contributed to all of this.
3) Since the zergs have become larger, small mans have had to adapt to this. Running tankier specs, classes that have a lot of escape, or having weapons/utilities that allow for easier escape.
4) With zergs being larger, wvw maps being so small, and small mans not able to contribute to the war effort (btw I don’t count capping a supply camp as helping the war effort since a 30+ man zerg can rush in, cap it, clear its supplies, and be out of there in the time it takes 3-5 people to kill the guards) they are looking for something competitive.

These players are looking for a balanced fight and some ranking system so they can have a competitive gaming experience. Since small mans have been pushed to the side I don’t mind these guilds ‘wasting’ 1 hour of wvw time fighting each other. For me thats way more meaningful than a karma train doing what they do.

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

They don’t have a choice but respond. There are a number of upset people and they need damage control in place. I think Chris is becoming the unofficial PR “sorry guys” employee. Can’t we just move on? It’s not like the company or any representatives of it have done anything stupid in the past.

Agreed, this was just one person acting this way. His mistake was deciding to do this while displaying his Anet guild tag/logo. I’m a firm believer of everyone having the right to speak their mind, but it is not acceptable to do so when you are presenting your opinions in a manner that implies they are shared by your employer.

On the other hand, some of the people upset by this and blaming Anet as a whole, need to realize when the ‘representative’ has overstepped his boundaries and is speaking his own opinions, not the company’s.

in WvW

Posted by: Empyre.2531

Empyre.2531

For all of those complaining about queues and GvG in WvW, ya’ll are going to start screeching when the WvW achievements come into affect and your population in WvW triples overnight from pve completionists making it a long wait to get in and complete yours … Or play.

Then the fun part comes into play. If you don’t complete a meta achievement each period you won’t get ANY reward at all for that time. Have fun bros.

that’s harsh condemnation especially for a guild recruiter.

you see..that is what i’ve been talking about all along.

That is what make wvw so welcomining and friendly.

Anyhow, i belong to 5 guildsthat does gvg and wvw, spvp etc…

No harsh treatments from them.

Well i’ll end my valid argument here…

At the end, GvG will be pushed far of to the small corner of ‘the court’

In other word, less que…s

and to leave room for everyone to wvw at ease without any obligations or limitations.

To leave enough room for Arena.net to work on what matters for WvW.

Once and for all

In the end you can’t play because your server is clusterkittened by living world events (this is coming into wvw soon, 100% guaranteed, it’s being developed right now) and you will neither be able to play wvw, because everyone is doing the pve in wvw nor will you get reward for the league, because you didn’t hit the meta achievement. You’ll be forced to play in off-hours and face long queues.
ANet will show you too what matters in wvw. They DON’T want anybody to play wvw, they want you to be on the spvp or pve.
I will laugh when Tequatl’s elder sister comes to the pvp lakes. A pve zone has about same cap as a wvw zone (per side), you know how many overflows a successful server’s home instance has, now imagine all those on queue with the broken system that they can’t fix, taxi anyone? Oh right, everyone is doing it.

And if Anet really wanted gvg in this game, not only would they have advertised it as such instead of pushing WvWvW ‘server’ battles in their advertising, but they would ALSO have made a separate gvg arena. Go figure….

ANet ran 20v20 internally, but it took too much ressources from their servers with the coding they have in place, so they decided against it. Go figure. Their coding is too bad, not that they don’t want it, they simply can’t make it work, so they made up the thing with “wvw shouldn’t have gvg”.

I wouldn’t go that far with it. Some of them are very good at what they do, and know how to apply that skill to wvw and are capable of cooperating/coordinating with others. I’ve seen some gvg guilds (from my server and from others) be valuable assets to their servers (while not gvg’ing or only hunting for ‘good fights’). But I’ve seen just as many, if not more (seems to be many more to me) that aren’t any more helpful than the average pug group when caught outside of their element (gvg). Being good at open field fighting is a valuable skill to have, but you need more than that to be successful in wvw.

I’ve even seen some cases where their desire for a ‘good open field fight’ has lead them right into being slaughtered by smaller force, because they got out-played and out-maneuvered. Stack up, buff, and charge in doesn’t work so well against an enemy that can use terrain and siege to their advantage. One such incident I was part of was actually lead by a commander from a gvg guild. Some of their members were there, but it was mostly a pug group. We ended up wiping a combined force of two enemy guild groups (I know at least one was a gvg guild) that attempted a 2-front attack on us.

You talk about bad gvg guilds and show that you americans have simply no clue when it comes to gvg. It’s far beyond, huddle, buff, charge. Any decent gvg guild will annihilate you if you face them on equal or even lesser numbers. But this is more of a: the standard is lower across the pond from EU. TW/Choochoo etc, I lol’d.
But you being from Yak’s Bend says it all. YB hasn’t even seen t1/2, hardly t3. Competition is at the top not the bottom, especially with the NA attitude everyone who wants to compete is on the first 4 or 5 servers.

[RG]

(edited by Empyre.2531)

in WvW

Posted by: incandescence.6784

incandescence.6784

There seems to be a toxic environment at anet headquarters. To tell paying customers “You are screwing up MY game.” reveals a very backwards attitude from a supposed professional, but probably reflects internal company culture (it jives with a lot of other things I have seen coming from Anet employees).

in WvW

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

Jesus Christ. Prior to watching this GvG video, I almost thought ( from what it sounded like ) that it might be a good deal to have as a form of competitive PvP officially. Wow, freaking Fort Aspenwood and Jade Quarry in GW1 would have been better candidate than this mess.

There is no way in Hell, that I’d ever want this introduced as such. Frankly, we need more Devs like this with the same opinion.

GW1 GvG: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFWvdyCk1Uo

Notice how it’s…balanced? No kittenty food buffs? No spamfests? People aren’t cluster kittened into a ball?

Yeah, no thanks on this form of GvG for 2.

in WvW

Posted by: Banjal.7328

Banjal.7328

You can’t do GvG in GW2,you need to go play GW1 to do GvG.

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

I’m not the biggest fan of GvG, but I understand why they do it.

These players are looking for a balanced fight and some ranking system so they can have a competitive gaming experience. Since small mans have been pushed to the side I don’t mind these guilds ‘wasting’ 1 hour of wvw time fighting each other. For me thats way more meaningful than a karma train doing what they do.

I know why they do this, and I do respect that fact that they’ve been able to create this community that exists for it. But there is a very vocal portion of that community that seem to think their wants are more important, their contribution to wvw is more significant, and that they have a right to interfere with wvw, while expecting wvw to never interfere with them.

I would like to see a real gvg mechanic added to the game for them. But until that happens, a lot of them need to realize that what they are doing is trying to fit a completely unintended makeshift gametype into another established gametype.

It can work out just fine for everyone, but some gvg’ers need to accept the fact that they need to be considerate to wvw’ers and try to avoid any interference. I’ve seen a gvg match get moved to another map when queue issues pop up. It’s that type of simple cooperation that can make this work out for both sides. The queues are freed up, and there are less people on the map to potentially disrupt the gvg. From what I have seen wvw’ers generally don’t interfere with gvgs, so it’s fairly reasonable to expect the same in return.

in WvW

Posted by: luckywaldo.6089

luckywaldo.6089

Jesus Christ. Prior to watching this GvG video, I almost thought ( from what it sounded like ) that it might be a good deal to have as a form of competitive PvP officially. Wow, freaking Fort Aspenwood and Jade Quarry in GW1 would have been better candidate than this mess.

There is no way in Hell, that I’d ever want this introduced as such. Frankly, we need more Devs like this with the same opinion.

Notice how it’s…balanced? No kittenty food buffs? No spamfests? People aren’t cluster kittened into a ball?

Because you personally do not like the GvG, the people who do should be trolled into not playing it?

I don’t think PvE champ trains are any good, but I am not going to go ruin them or encourage other people to go ruin them.

Ecce Machina ~ Engineer
Ars Est Mortem ~ Necromancer

in WvW

Empyre.2531

luckywaldo, Copestetic didn’t realise that the only two similarities between GW1 and GW2 are the G and the W. His points are as valid or in relation to this concern as a fart in the bush.

[RG]

in WvW

Riondron.1069

And yes, they may run a karma farm train and rack up some wxp and PPT, but after an hour or 2 of doing that, they simply vanish with nothing sieged up or upgraded, and the enemy just waits for them to leave, then they swoop in and clear the map that has only 5-6 defenders on it with a 40 man bulldozer. Later on, you will find that gvg blob all farming champs, temple, or dungeons so that they can get all the ascended gear and frilly laced exotic armor that makes them feel like they have superb skills and bragging rights over all the pugs in wvw that don’t have them, while those of us wvw’ers who spend 8-20 hours a day fighting for the benefit of everyone on our server are getting stomped by superior numbers the other 22 hours that they are not there to help

On my server, it’s usually the ones putting in 8-20 hours that are that karma train, or at least the ones leading it. Taking enemy BLs when the opportunity is there, and moving back to defend our own when it’s threatened by an enemy zerg. It tends to attract more from pve, but our frequent wvw’ers are usually in the mix, with some doing turns staying behind to guard.

It does revert to a no-holding karma train when the our force is much smaller than the enemy presence (which is somewhat common for us). There isn’t much else you can do when your ‘train’ is only 20 people, and you’re up against 75 from another server.

My personal preference is to hold everything we can, and take any targets of opportunity. The former situation goes rather well with that, and the training is a nice boost to the rewards and a draw for more players.

I completely agree with everything you said. This is another fine example of how different the dedicated wvw’ers play the game on each server, and it makes for some very fun matchups. and I also agree that keeping all the real estate is priority #1, especially in the bl’s. And some days there is nothing better than camping on a well-placed superior ac with traits and spanking a 30 man guild zerg by yourself. It is quite satisfying And the loot from a good defense equals out to be better than running in a blob any day of the week, and makes wvw profitable (gotta drop 5g night on upgrades, after all). A good, well trained, small group of players -10 or under- who know how to carry supps at all times, know how to place superior siege in the right places and are traited for that siege, can completely wreck and embarrass a 75 man zerg. I’ve seen it happen, and I have been part of it also. So I just cannot express enough how wvw trained players (properly) can trump gvg open field battle skills. WvW is not about open field battles, it is wholly about attacking, defending, supplying, upgrading, and having enough patience to sit on an ac for hours or execute a properly planned ‘tactical’ assault of a tower, and not about generic-happening-ever-so-often battles on a grassy plain. That stuff happens only in the movies.

Commander Kitadia
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: KcB.6890

KcB.6890

For the 50th time the GvG critics are ignoring that most guild involved in them do more for WvW on their server than any group of randoms. The guild in this video is a huge part of the WvW community on our server and we only resorted to GvG because A.net keeps giving us blow out matches. It was only on Thursday after karma training every map(hence the +580 at the top of the screen) that we first did a semi-organized completely casual GvG. And when we did it we didn’t deserve to be told off by an Anet tagged player.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

You can’t do GvG in GW2,you need to go play GW1 to do GvG.

But you can’t really do GvG in GW1 because 8 man team isn’t really guild. Let’s just call it TvT. You can do GvG in some f2p games.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Empyre.2531

You think any of your, Commander Kitadia of ET, actions has influence on the outcome of a week? Another gamer who after year+ didn’t understand how a week’s winner is determined.
Ye, keep believing it, maybe it helps if you do it for the funnzies too.

And those stories, spanking a 30man guild alone, with an ac, cool story. Must be a real high class enviroment your enemies’ servers provide. 10 v 75 and you wipe them, lucky you found 75 without a brain, that stuff happens only in the movies. You seem to like fighting the skillless battle, more power to you.

If I remove every guild that does gvg from every server in the top 10 EU… including all their players, voice comms etc.. you know what would be left over?
Nothing. No organisation, no commanders, no structure. Everyone would be running around like a chicken. Have fun with that.

+1 to KcB.6890: the gvg guilds do more for your server then any other guild (even if it’s just bringing fanboys on your server to play on the same side with that guild). Those guilds that could actually carry your server alone were just big enough, not wvw-skilled enough.

[RG]

(edited by Empyre.2531)

in WvW

Player Character.9467

The guilds in this particular gvg aren’t what I would look at for a good example of a real gvg…

in WvW

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

Did somehow everyone being vocal in this thread against GvGs miss that those GvGs mostly take place on Thursdays or Fridays?
Are you putting your fingers in your ears and your hands on your eyes and pretend (and just for this topic) that most matches aren’t a complete blowout by Saturday afternoon, let alone Thursday or Friday evening?
Really?

they are trolling

Not at all.

I don’t care if we’re 150k points ahead or 150k points behind, hitting a queue because of people consciously not participating in wvw is negatively impacting my experience. Moving a large force to a new map, only to have 30 of them locked out because of the 15-25 gvg’ers and their spectators taking up slots negatively impacts that entire group.

Losing a keep to blue team while a 20-player organized team is busy having a slap-fight with green team behind the windmill impacts everyone on the map. Red team just lost a keep that those 20 could likely have saved, blue team now has a another keep, and green team has an opportunity to attempt to flip a reset paper keep.

Well that’s pretty silly because what ever you are down in people the other team is down too, I certainly dont have a slap-fight(so you put it) against my own guildies. And tbh many of times we have left a GvG to be continued because the map needs help.

We inform anyone on map before we start that we are having a GvG at windmill if you see swords down there its us, and if things get too heavy for you give us a shout and we will come to try and help.

And we are contributing while doing it we are keeping an enemy guild occupied, we get points for stomps and if there is a queue on that current map we will normally make a decision with opposing guild to see if we can move maps. We are a close net community and help and keep in touch with any of the pug commanders and their movements across all maps. And are always at call if needed unless we are defending or taking something ourselves, in which case see what prioritizes.

Its a free map for people to contribute and play how they want to play, on our server we won’t interfere with the zerg’s way of playing and thankfully they dont interfere with our rare and less frequent GvG’s. They help us and we help them.

Our guild events are every night of the week, for 5hrs at a time, after that we will just break up and do our own thing some make a small strike team others join the pug zerg. Most of us are putting in 7-9hrs a day in WvW, some people play more. Say we fancy having a GvG 1-2 days a week for 1hr at a time, at the back end of the week when the winner of the match is most of the time already decided, Whats wrong with that?

Why do people like you tell us we shouldn’t do it? It has improved my play style a lot, and my guildies play style, so in which case it benefits the server. I have already stated that our server knows they can call on us if we are needed. We will opt in for a map with no queue over a map with a queue. Although points are of no preference to me personally (i play for the fun/fights), the points however are of importance of our community and we will certainly postpone a GvG if our community actually needs us to postpone it and push that bit harder for the points. Whilst I totally agree there is no official GvG in GW2, there is however open field battles (which is part of WvW) where guilds have decided to take a fun open field battle and make it a fair fight which has been dubbed GvG. Since it is the closest thing to it, and the WvW environment is well suited for this, and the Devs have stated themselves that it is a free-for-all-battle, don’t tell me how to play as i don’t tell you how to play.

Just to make it clear we will help out our community 1st and GvG 2nd so we do have our priorities in the right order, so for the hours we put in to WvW and contributing to our server, if we want to GvG then we will kittening GvG. If our server needs us to put GvG on hold for the time being to help them out then so be it. But we certainly shouldn’t be told we can’t do it.

Perhaps thats the fortunate side of not being a server hopper and staying in a mid tier, if there are any queues it will only be on 1 map for a few mins, mainly EB, so it aint a problem.

In my eyes GvG is about:
Wining/losing
learning/improving

its about about practicing against fair competition, working together as a team to take down an another team of similar equality and numbers. And most of all having fun with friends which is is why you play the game. So to have someone tell me I cant do that, and I don’t work hard for my sever is a complete insult.

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

in WvW

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

I rarely PvP in this game, but this kind of thing is just horrible to see. A employee of an MMO company is telling a player not to play a certain way (which isn’t again ToS). I hope this doesn’t get out because it would be horrible PR.

I can’t believe he said “I am watching you guys violate my game”.

So it is his game? That whole convo is so unprofessional.

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

Ya know this could have been avoided if someone years ago sat down at a development meeting and said:

“I think players may expect to have Guild versus Guild in a game called Guild Wars. I mean, Dungeons and Dragons would be an odd name if there were no dungeons or dragons in their game. Besides, it’s the main event for pvp in our franchise.”

Come to think of it Guild Wars 2 makes more sense being called Dungeons and Dragons…pesky copyright laws.

…and no, it was not named by the handful of lines you’ll completely miss in every game in the series if you aren’t looking for them. I swear every time I mention the nonsense of calling the game something it has nothing to do with I get some lunatic acting like lore dev’s run the studio…stahppit.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.