Some ANET interfered with our GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Empyre.2531

Empyre.2531

Tbh that kind of behaviour from an ANet employee shows their inside opinion on gvg. It’s highly unwanted and an official going as far as harassing other players (which would get a normal player banned btw), a simple apology is not enough.

ANet revealed their true face, ANet lacks professionalism, ANet lacks respect for a certain group of their customers.

[RG]

in WvW

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

They probably have class bias too.

in WvW

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

“It’s highly unwanted " You only feel this way because you want GVG. Otherwise you’d feel differently.

If a simple apology is not enough, then what is “enough”. What would satiate you? One person lacks professionalism that the entire company does? How does that even make sense?

I am sure just like the player base itself some employees would love GVG and some probably care less about it, or don’t want it at all. Especially in WVW. The problem here of course was that he is an employee and was in the wrong about his approach.

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

If a simple apology is not enough, then what is “enough”. What would satiate you? One person lacks professionalism that the entire company does? How does that even make sense?

There is no apology, his mommy wrote a letter but the person who acted like this has said nothing.

in WvW

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

22:00 min onward, the truth of Anet dev

After watching that video, I am going to wait and see what ANet says. He might be a tester or something like that. I can’t imagine an employee of ANet would act so unprofessionally.

in WvW

Empyre.2531

You think that dev woke up that morning and thought “kitten I hate gvg, I will go harass it today”?
That kind of opinion stems from an internal view, he is influenced by his surroundings and if it gets him as far as harassing while REPRESENTING the company he works for, wow, I don’t want to hear the internal talk about gvg then.
Tbh, someone that unprofessional should be fired. In other jobs, outside gaming industry, he would surely have gotten the boot.

[RG]

in WvW

Posted by: KaMiKaZe.1874

KaMiKaZe.1874

I love how people whine at people for doing a 45-60min gvg when they have played for 5 hours before and contributing more than other guilds….

Most of the Guilds that does GvG plays world vs. world before and after they have their little Deathmatch..

I personally only play WvW… We do not GvG atm for several reasons but would like to have the option to GvG…

Organized guilds that does GvG also most likely will kill a big group heading for your garrison while they roam around… IF they’re dead how are they gonna attack your precious Garrison hmm?

Saying GvG guilds don’t contribute is like saying people that try to kill Tequatl aint contributing…

But I do agree to a certain point that GvG Community could take a small step down when it comes to spamming dev streams and spamming in forums…
We are better than that =)

If WvW would start becoming more annoying and I can’t enjoy myself cause the whole concept is changing so much then I would actually stop playing the game, I play WvW cause I find it stimulating, having to adapt to certain groups, Changing tactics, siege placement, complete utter chaotic fights… It’s never the same, you can not have a exact same fight, you aint fighting NPC’s so you can’t use just 1 tactic..

I play more than 6h daily in WvW, So don’t throw stone in a glasshouse

72.000 Kills in WvW
Leader of [DiVa]Dius Vanguard
FSV + Dius = DiVa

in WvW

KOPPER.1458

There is an apology, it just isn’t from the offender. Do you think whoever it was, that they would let them get on the forums? Would you if you ran the company? I sure wouldn’t.

So you are saying you would be satisfied if the offender got on here and wrote an apology? (which by the way, wouldn’t even be written by them, or at least not coached as to how to approach it.)

in WvW

KOPPER.1458

“You think that dev woke up that morning and thought “kitten I hate gvg, I will go harass it today”? "

This notion is silly. Of course not, he/she has formed an opinion. A personal opinion.

“That kind of opinion stems from an internal view, he is influenced by his surroundings and if it gets him as far as harassing while REPRESENTING the company he works for, wow, I don’t want to hear the internal talk about gvg then.”

You are making assumptions. While I will agree that opinions are influenced by a persons surroundings, it is possible for people in general to form unpopular opinions despite the popular opinion surrounding them. You assume the majority of A net employee’s all hate GVG. Somehow doubt that to be the truth.

" Tbh, someone that unprofessional should be fired. In other jobs, outside gaming industry, he would surely have gotten the boot."

Really? Care to give an example? There are rude customer server people all the time who don’t get fired. Most of the time nothing happens to them. Would him/her losing their job make you happy? Doesn’t make me happy to hear someone lost their job. That doesn’t make their actions ok. Not by a long shot. I just disagree with your reasoning and your thirst for blood.

in WvW

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

Well that’s pretty silly because what ever you are down in people the other team is down too, I certainly dont have a slap-fight(so you put it) against my own guildies. And tbh many of times we have left a GvG to be continued because the map needs help.

It would be an balancing factor if wvw was 2-way fight, but there are 3 teams involved.

We inform anyone on map before we start that we are having a GvG at windmill if you see swords down there its us, and if things get too heavy for you give us a shout and we will come to try and help.

And we are contributing while doing it we are keeping an enemy guild occupied, we get points for stomps and if there is a queue on that current map we will normally make a decision with opposing guild to see if we can move maps. We are a close net community and help and keep in touch with any of the pug commanders and their movements across all maps. And are always at call if needed unless we are defending or taking something ourselves, in which case see what prioritizes.

I think this would be a lot less of an issue if there were more gvg guilds like yours. It sounds like you really handle it the best way possible. The way all of them should.

I’ve seen a gvg busted up because no one knew they were there. I was in the middle of the pack, and my initial reaction was preparing for an ambush. The enemy guild involved had clashed with us several times that day. What I saw looked like a stacked and buffing group getting ready to charge us.

The reaction from some friendlies observing from the far side (I didn’t even see them till after we engaged) was nothing but rage, and did not help to defuse the situation at all. Our presence on the map was clear, and they made no effort to inform us of theirs, even though we were at the southern supply camp.

Why do people like you tell us we shouldn’t do it? It has improved my play style a lot, and my guildies play style, so in which case it benefits the server. I have already stated that our server knows they can call on us if we are needed. We will opt in for a map with no queue over a map with a queue. Although points are of no preference to me personally (i play for the fun/fights), the points however are of importance of our community and we will certainly postpone a GvG if our community actually needs us to postpone it and push that bit harder for the points. Whilst I totally agree there is no official GvG in GW2, there is however open field battles (which is part of WvW) where guilds have decided to take a fun open field battle and make it a fair fight which has been dubbed GvG. Since it is the closest thing to it, and the WvW environment is well suited for this, and the Devs have stated themselves that it is a free-for-all-battle, don’t tell me how to play as i don’t tell you how to play.

Just to make it clear we will help out our community 1st and GvG 2nd so we do have our priorities in the right order, so for the hours we put in to WvW and contributing to our server, if we want to GvG then we will kittening GvG. If our server needs us to put GvG on hold for the time being to help them out then so be it. But we certainly shouldn’t be told we can’t do it.

its about about practicing against fair competition, working together as a team to take down an another team of similar equality and numbers. And most of all having fun with friends which is is why you play the game. So to have someone tell me I cant do that, and I don’t work hard for my sever is a complete insult.

I’m certainly not telling you how to play, but there are some gvg’ers that do need to change their attitudes and priorities. Everything I said is directed at that group. From what you said, it seems that your guild does the exact opposite of the problematic behavior I mentioned, so it doesn’t really apply to you.

I would like to see more gvg guilds that put the community and wvw ahead of their own wants, but there seem to be many that don’t. It’s this attitude that their contributions make it ok for them to completely disregard wvw and other players when it’s time for a gvg match. They are the problem.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

in WvW

Posted by: Riondron.1069

Riondron.1069

As a friendly side note to all of this: Has anyone even considered that the dev’s initial comment about “ruining my game” was merely a failed attempt at sarcasm intended to be just a joke about the whole gvg vs wvw argument, and it escalated out of control due to the “offending” guild’s callous replies? Or could it be that this guild has been confronted about gvg before and were already on the verge of exploding over it? Just some food for thought

Commander Kitadia
NSP
Kill a few: there won’t be a many

in WvW

KOPPER.1458

“Or could it be that this guild has been confronted about gvg before and were already on the verge of exploding over it?”

I have a feeling this is how they react to a lot of things, inside and outside of the game. Not limited to GVG alone.

in WvW

Empyre.2531

Kopper, you have to see it in relation to what happened before. The post from the alpha test where a (maybe different) dev explicitly said that they give a rats kitten about wvw, now guess what they think about gvg.
You think and live up to A during work hours if your company and boss says B? I don’t think so.

Care to give an example. Happens every day. How long you think a sales agent will be a sales agent if she/he is kitten ing of customers in the public? Call center don’t record their workers’ calls for nothing.
It’s not about being rude, it’s about being trade libel. I’m sure ANet would be cool with their official’s behaviour if it generated more income, so would I if I was in charge.
Anything goes for more profit.

[RG]

in WvW

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

Man, I am so glad for some of the folks in this thread.

I’d always heard such good things about GW1’s competitive scene, but looking at this zergy GvG stuff in GW2 I just couldn’t get where people were coming from. But now that this thread’s come along, I can totally understand why people seem to have such respect and fond nostalgia for the format, now that I know the GW1 version was an entirely different thing.

Are you guys sure you don’t wanna’ call what you’re doing here something else, for clarity’s sake?

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

in WvW

KOPPER.1458

So you are linking a conversation from ALPHA to now. And because of that have blanketed the company with a label. Even though in numerous interviews they’ve said otherwise.

Would love to see this alpha post where an arena net dev told everyone they don’t care about wvw.

As for the example, those work both ways. While you are right, those people would eventually get fired, it rarely happens on their first offense if ever in some situations.

“You think and LIVE UP to A if your company and boss says B?”
Yes absolutely. However, you’d never tell the company or boss. It is possible in this situation that is exactly what happened. He allowed his/her personal opinions to leak through onto the customer.

By this you assume the whole company thinks this way. I do not. I am not trying to convince you on the matter. But I think it’s unfair to label the entire company in such a way. You also seem very unsatisfied with the apology and want him/her to lose their job. I am sorry you feel that is the only solution that would make you happy in this situation.

You are clearly making a connection to two instances. If I were you I might make that connection as well. There aren’t many of us privy to that conversation in alpha though.

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

You think that dev woke up that morning and thought “kitten I hate gvg, I will go harass it today”?
That kind of opinion stems from an internal view, he is influenced by his surroundings and if it gets him as far as harassing while REPRESENTING the company he works for, wow, I don’t want to hear the internal talk about gvg then.
Tbh, someone that unprofessional should be fired. In other jobs, outside gaming industry, he would surely have gotten the boot.

It was one person. There is no way to know if his opinion was influenced by anyone else. Not everyone is a ‘yes man’ that automatically agrees with everyone around them. There is no reason to associate this person’s feelings and beliefs with those of the company as a whole.

I do agree he/she was abusing his/her position and should not be making statements like that while wearing a company logo. Some sort of reprimand is definitely in order, even something as severe as firing.

in WvW

Empyre.2531

Kopper, alpha/core test is still going on and that statement is not old. On top it was and is still being posted on these forums a lot, if you can grasp it before it gets deleted again.

If ANet cared they would have implemented 20v20 (or a similar) mode already, but they decided against it after they internally tested it and found out that their code is too bad, resulting in too much hardware usage on their servers.
So what do they do, they talk down and treat wvw, especially gvg, like an unwanted stepchild. Updates/patches further unbalancing and thus making gvg possible. On top upcoming updates are catering the pve players in wvw rather then the actual wvw players, e.g. living story pve in wvw.

Enjoy it while it lasts. ANet does their best to push people off the wvw.

[RG]

(edited by Empyre.2531)

in WvW

KOPPER.1458

“Some sort of reprimand is definitely in order, even something as severe as firing.”

I am sure there are things happening behind the scenes. They aren’t going to share that with us.

I have to keep asking though. Why does this person losing their job make you (not you but people in the community) feel better about the situation? Does it really bring you satisfaction? Does it instill in you that it will never happen again?

It happened. It shouldn’t have happened. A blanket apology was forged. Not sure what else player are expecting out of this. It make me smile a little when I see someone respond with “I am uninstalling because of this, and I wasn’t even effected personally.”

The damage has been done. Not sure what else players expect at this point. It doesn’t make it ok.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

22:00 min onward, the truth of Anet dev

After watching that video, I am going to wait and see what ANet says. He might be a tester or something like that. I can’t imagine an employee of ANet would act so unprofessionally.

There has been a response – and apology.

Good grief everyone, there are more important things to QQ about. Like Bloodlust!

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

in WvW

KOPPER.1458

“Kopper, alpha/core test is still going on and that statement is not old.”

I see. When you said Alpha I assumed you meant the alpha of the game and not on going testing. Again though my statement doesn’t change much. You are taking a post (new or old) that most of the public can not see.

A Dev (unnamed — I do not expect a name, I am sure it would be blacked out anyways if there was one) who may or may not even work for Anet anymore made a statement that says “We don’t care about WVW” , you’ve connected that to this incident and have let it sway your personal opinion on the matter. What is worse is that you’ve made your mind up that the entire company feels this way and that they are instilling this within their employees.

Sadly there is no way for most of us to know if there is any truth to the above statements about WVW. It is clear that a good portion of the posters here on the WVW forums feel that not enough resources are being given to WVW. That is indeed sad.

in WvW

Empyre.2531

Who talked about happy/unhappy. For me personally, I don’t care, I’d have been fine with no reaction on these forums at all, but them coming up here clearly show that they feel they have been caught out especially with devs’ behaviour on alpha (and the public knowing it) in their heads, the patches that are beyond us and the ones that are upcoming.

It’s just a logical consequence if behaviour like that gets punished. In the end, ANet wants us to buy more of their products.

The unnamed Dev is a lead designer, so yes, it wasn’t just a random dev giving his thoughts, but someone who is in charge for a part of the game. He’s posting on these very part of the forum sometimes too.

[RG]

(edited by Empyre.2531)

in WvW

KOPPER.1458

Can’t seem to edit my own posts. Odd.

“Tbh that kind of behaviour from an ANet employee shows their inside opinion on gvg. It’s highly unwanted and an official going as far as harassing other players (which would get a normal player banned btw), a simple apology is not enough.”

When you said “a simple apology is not enough” I assume from that statement you were unsatisfied. (ie unhappy)

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

I rarely PvP in this game, but this kind of thing is just horrible to see. A employee of an MMO company is telling a player not to play a certain way (which isn’t again ToS). I hope this doesn’t get out because it would be horrible PR.

I can’t believe he said “I am watching you guys violate my game”.

So it is his game? That whole convo is so unprofessional.

Yeah, I was thinking of the PR ramifications of this as well.

WvW already has a word-of-mouth reputation as being hostile to competition (and to dedicated guilds as an extension). To have this happen just seems to be incontrovertible evidence that this is so.

Most of the very public PvP guilds have already left though (the ones who did podcasts, organized the original pre-launch alliances etc.), so this won’t travel as far as it would have.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

“Some sort of reprimand is definitely in order, even something as severe as firing.”

I am sure there are things happening behind the scenes. They aren’t going to share that with us.

I have to keep asking though. Why does this person losing their job make you (not you but people in the community) feel better about the situation? Does it really bring you satisfaction? Does it instill in you that it will never happen again?

It happened. It shouldn’t have happened. A blanket apology was forged. Not sure what else player are expecting out of this. It make me smile a little when I see someone respond with “I am uninstalling because of this, and I wasn’t even effected personally.”

The damage has been done. Not sure what else players expect at this point. It doesn’t make it ok.

It would be unprofessional and pretty distasteful if Anet did make an official statement about whatever reprimand this employee receives. Information like that is rarely made public, unless the person was in a high-profile position where their removal would be obvious.

I think the only additional response we might see would be some sort of anonymous apology from the employ in question. Letting the community know this person’s identity would likely lead to many more problems. It really doesn’t matter what Anet or this person says at this point, because the damage is done. Any attempts at an apology are most likely to be taken as forced and without meaning.

The best thing to do is let Anet handle this, and just move on.

in WvW

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

So wait, you GvG lamers locked down a whole zone with queue times from people that actually wanted to use it for its intended purpose and its ANets fault for pointing out that you doing so?

I have a few ideas of what ANET can do with your GvG bs.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in WvW

Empyre.2531

So wait, you GvG lamers locked down a whole zone with queue times from people that actually wanted to use it for its intended purpose and its ANets fault for pointing out that you doing so?

:D

You mean ANet locked down players wanting to have fun in their game, which is like their own #1 rule. I have an idea for you…

[RG]

in WvW

Xcom.1926

There are no queues in WvW save for T1 and maybe T2 servers. There were no queues in this case.

in WvW

Posted by: Waage.2047

Waage.2047

It would be unprofessional and pretty distasteful if Anet did make an official statement about whatever reprimand this employee receives. Information like that is rarely made public, unless the person was in a high-profile position where their removal would be obvious.

I think the only additional response we might see would be some sort of anonymous apology from the employ in question. Letting the community know this person’s identity would likely lead to many more problems. It really doesn’t matter what Anet or this person says at this point, because the damage is done. Any attempts at an apology are most likely to be taken as forced and without meaning.

The best thing to do is let Anet handle this, and just move on.

Best thing to do is let the GvG community keep making them self look bad. No one is coming away looking good from this, but the GvG community is determined to try and look the worst.

[RK] – Guild Leader and awesome Warrior – BG

(edited by Waage.2047)

in WvW

Riondron.1069

There are no queues in WvW save for T1 and maybe T2 servers. There were no queues in this case.

LMAO WHAT??? No queues in wvw except for T1 & T2? I have never played on or against T1 & T2, and I have been in several queue’s ranging from 5 seconds up to an hour. That is one of the most blatantly false statements that I have ever heard!

Commander Kitadia
NSP

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

Best thing to do is let the GvG community keep making them self look bad. No one is coming away looking good for this, but the GvG community is determined to try and look the worst.

I can’t really argue with that. There is good in the gvg community, but the exposure they give on the forums is generally negative. The attitude of entitlement and acting as if they are better than, or more important than, everyone else does nothing but hurt the entire community. If I were in Anet’s position, I would not be inclined to take any measures to appease or satisfy people acting that way.

They need to take a hint from the positive and cooperative side of the gvg community. Work with everyone in wvw and show Anet that you have a community worth catering to. Throwing a fit on the forums, raging at players ingame, and spamming livestreams only makes the entire community look bad, and it only gives Anet a reason to not implement what you want.

You have to keep in mind that what you want is something that is completely against the original plans for guilds. Guilds are a social aspect and are intentionally separate from pvp. Instead of having 5, 10, 25 people out of 200 representing a guild, a pvp team exists as a separate entity. Your competitive progress as a 20 man team isn’t going to mean much if that team’s players frequently change, and it’s not very representative of the guild with only a small portion of the guild being involved.

Does it really matter if a group of 20 organized players are in the same guild or not? What if you could slap a name onto that team once it’s formed? All that’s really needed is another mode of pvp that supports larger teams and provides a more open field of play. Or even just a seperate map/instance in wvw with some mechanics to organize/track larger teams and provide a combat area where others can watch without being able to interfere.

in WvW

Xcom.1926

LMAO WHAT??? No queues in wvw except for T1 & T2? I have never played on or against kitten, and I have been in several queue’s ranging from 5 seconds up to an hour. That is one of the most blatantly false statements that I have ever heard!

When was the last time you had a queue on ET? I have played on several servers outside of Tier 1-3 including ET and never had a queue.

(edited by Xcom.1926)

in WvW

Posted by: Warfire.7265

Warfire.7265

It’s like playing 1v1 in sPvP, Dranul.

You can do it all you like, you can make forum threads and guilds around it and all that fun stuff. It’s not an ArenaNet supported way to play that mode, however. So they won’t balance classes to be able to 1v1. They won’t make 1v1 maps. They won’t make a 1v1 queue.

Same thing as doing GvG in WvW. It’s not supported. You can play it all you want, however; just don’t expect them to cater to your idea. They are here to provide official content. End of story.

Also, if you want to bring some constructive argument please do so respectfully. I mean, honestly, you’re representing your guild at the very least.

in WvW

KOPPER.1458

“Also, if you want to bring some constructive argument please do so respectfully. I mean, honestly, you’re representing your guild at the very least.”

Worse he’s their leader. :P

in WvW

Riondron.1069

LMAO WHAT??? No queues in wvw except for T1 & T2? I have never played on or against kitten, and I have been in several queue’s ranging from 5 seconds up to an hour. That is one of the most blatantly false statements that I have ever heard!

When was the last time you had a queue on ET?

When was the first time that I said it was on ET? Better look at my sig a little better. ET just may not have been the only server that I have played on….. and just for the record, I moved to ET last week.

Commander Kitadia
NSP

in WvW

Xcom.1926

When was the last time you had a queue on ET?

When was the first time that I said it was on ET? Better look at my sig a little better. ET just may not have been the only server that I have played on….. and just for the record, I moved to ET last week.

I looked at your sig and it said ET, that is why I assumed it was ET. I don’t care when or why you moved.

in WvW

Posted by: Artus.6428

Artus.6428

I honestly don’t really see what the big deal was. He was just saying hey, use WvW with the right intentions. The response that was given was make a GvG for us. Ok, I get that you want that, but make that suggestion on the forums and get people to rally behind it. Don’t start resorting to ad hominem arguments…it will only make yourself look immature.

They were the ones cursing at him. He eventually stepped aside too…

I stopped watching when they actually did their “GvG” thing, so I have no idea if he returns or screws around with them more after that (if he did, fine by all means report him for trolling), but I really don’t see a big deal. If any other person was doing this and screwing around I honestly don’t even see how it would blow out to this proportion. Heck, I’ve been trolled while doing jumping puzzles all the time while minding my own business. It’s the same thing! I don’t want to fight enemies, I just want my badges of honor, but because it’s WvW, I can’t control what one person does and it’s a part of the game anyway. Some people can be cordial and some can be jerks (when running jumping puzzles I run into more of the latter…but hey, it’s part of the game). Am I going to complain that someone is screwing with me just because they are playing the game as it should be played?

People reporting someone for getting all kitten is all I really see.

No I’m not a dev, no I don’t even know the dev, no I don’t necessarily think that GW2 is the greatest game ever… but if those people were at least ABOVE reproach while talking to him first then I’d empathize a little more. The fact that someone called him an effing kitten first instead of actually being calm and having some patience shows me more that their reaction was worse than the dev’s. Quality leadership involves being calm and collected when faced with adversity, not name calling because you are not getting what you want at the time.

Too many people think that they are just entitled to whatever it is they want at the time; do these people know that instant gratification is little more a privilege than it is a right?

in WvW

Posted by: Dranul.2094

Dranul.2094

Talk talk talk, I’m trying to highlight how negative people are towards the GvG community, and KOPPER yourself even answered “nothing wrong” for 2 groups to get together and fight.

I never understand all the hatred and name calling to the GvG community – which infact is just an extension of the WvW community, seeing as all GvG guilds are infact WvW guilds.

So yes I joined in on the level over the previous 19 pages and numerous other threads that the haters of other aspects of their own community deserved. They never ever give reasons as to why they hate them, why they give them kitten, why they interrupt others having fun, which in the CoC is harassment and griefing.

If I gave 2 rats about what the trolls and bile throwing anti gvg crew thought I’d hide my sig, but I don’t, I will speak my mind and if any of the PPT crew have some sensible and sane reasons as to why they spout off so much to the gvg community, i’d love to read it below.

Until the trolls stop acting like trolls, I shall feed them now and then.

If you can’t take it, don’t give it, a lesson you should of learned in your youth.

So be civil to the community which is being kitten on by ANET, the community which is the backbone of almost all servers (guilds). If the PPT crew didn’t use such flawed arguments and insane ones, such as “contribution” you may get some sympathy.

I’d love to hear some of your reasons for the hate of the GvG community, after all they are simply the WvW community.

Yes my initial post was to get your attention and deliberate to get a response.

Dranul – Guild Leader – The Unlikely Plan [TUP]
Aurora Glade EU
http://theunlikelyplangw2.guildlaunch.com

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

We would like to hear an apology from the dev himself not some other dev talking in behalf of this dev.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

We would like to hear an apology from the dev himself not some other dev talking in behalf of this dev.

That dev is never going to be allowed to speak to players again. Ever.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

It’s just funny how unproffesional the ANet devs are especially the WvW devs.
They’re so out of touch with the community they are trying to push updates nobody wants but get all touchy and emotional when we don’t like them.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in WvW

KOPPER.1458

“Talk talk talk, I’m trying to highlight how negative people are towards the GvG community, and KOPPER yourself even answered “nothing wrong” for 2 groups to get together and fight.”

Not sure how much weight my personal opinion matters. lol But yes I see nothing wrong with 2 guilds fighting each other.

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

This “contribution” argument is SOOOOOOO FLAWED in a game its unreal, its not a F’in JOB, I do NOT have to meet targets or get fired. You PPT addicts, and yes you are addicts, you’ve bought into their lies and bullkitten. Hell the stories of people losing jobs, getting divorced, should be sending off alarm bells to you PPT idioots.

Who gives a flying kitten at the end of a week whose 1st, 2nd, 3rd. Play when you play, have fun. Kill the enemy or die trying.

If wvw’ers are “PPT addicts”, then gvg’ers must all be “PK addicts”, right? That’s about the silliest thing I’ve seen in this thread…and there is a lot of competition for that title.

It’s that type of condescending nonsense that gives the entire gvg community a bad name.

I’m not going to defend the matchup system as being anything good, but how is the entire PPT system “a lie”? Even in an unfair matchup, trying to maintain as high of a score as possible is still a goal. Does knowing we’re outmatched and extremely unlikely to win mean that we shouldn’t try just to see how well we do?

I don’t really care if my server comes in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. But that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try to come in first. I’m there to have fun, and giving up isn’t my idea of fun.

Wtf is wrong with 2 groups getting together to battle?? EXPLAIN that one.

It’s wrong when it interferes with other players’ ability to play and enjoy the game. That’s not always the case, but it does happen.

When you are trying to force a separate gametype into wvw, you have to be considerate of the implications that has on the intended gameplay.

Drop the sense of entitlement, lose the attitude that you’re better than everyone else in wvw, and learn to actually cooperate with the wvw community as a whole. If the map you’re on is active, and hitting queues, move your match to a less active map. If your server is requesting help defending, delay your gvg and help, or move the gvg and clear the map for those that are willing to help. Inform your server of what you are planning so they know to avoid the area you’re in, or to keep large zergs/trains on other maps.

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Another question to the GvG’s. let’s say if every guilds in gw2 decided not to do wvw any more and decided to do GVG, would you please tell me where in gw2 wvw would all these GvG guild would play in?

There are over hundred to thousands of guilds, seriously do you think they all would fit in wvw small map?

So than what now, every guild fighting over territories..

Take this approach for a second; you know how there are Fan Made games in inspiration to a favorite game.. another example’ how there are Fan Made arts in insparation to a Favorite game etc…

So here comes Fan Made GvG in Inspiration to WvW.

The reason i say GvG it is Fan Made is because it not certified by Arena.net.. no where in gw2 manifisto or visions ever mentioned any GvG except for WvW.

So Please tell me where are your Rights to Force Arena.net to recognize you as a Certified game element?

For example; there is a Fan Made Mario Galaxy game created by a Fan (of course), how would the outcome be if that fan went into a uprising Rage Vigilanty demanding Nintendo to Recognize and to certify and to impliment his Fan made Mario Galaxy game into Nintendo Mario Galaxy i?

Of course Nintendo would have a ‘fit’ about it and would legally ban that fan made mario game within less matter of time.

Unlike the example to Nintendo as to any other game company, you have Arena.net who at the moment is allowing this Fan Made GvG to ‘carry on’ with their un-certified wvw imitation.

So again,

Why go into a Vigilanty Outrage Rampage mode against Arena.net cautiously taking a step back in examining your Fan Made WvW imitation; GvG?

You are Fortunate Arena.net didn’t ‘axed your fan made GvG’ when it first launched.

It’s obvious not every staffs in Gw2 are happy about Arena.net allowing this fan made GvG ruining the core statue of WvW; referring to that “trolling” staff.

In fact that staff didn’t at once “prevent” those GvG players from ever playing but faulted in his/her confrontation with the players; which is a no no!

Enforcing, Upholding and The Resistance to the core calue of WvW

-Guild Wars 2 – World Versus World Overview Trailer-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM6BxwK1pEQ

Finally to the GvG

If you want your fan made GvG to be Certified, Approved and Recognize by Arena.net, where are your examples?

You certainly Failed Miserably to do so by your negative vigilanty remorseless responses and reactions.

As the saying goes, ’if you want others to accept your way, show them your humblness"

And that,

You also Miserably Failed to do.

At the end, you will solely be Respsonsible and to be Blamed for GvG Failure.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

You don’t let half of your soccer team play basketball in the last 15 minutes when the match is decided.

Dude this would be epic. I want to see this happen. Then most of the fans might just not leave the stadium. That means more sales for all the hot dog and peanut vendors (or whatever they sell at soccer games, idk, I’m american).

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

It’s just funny how unproffesional the ANet devs are especially the WvW devs.
They’re so out of touch with the community they are trying to push updates nobody wants but get all touchy and emotional when we don’t like them.

The WvW Devs don’t seem terribly unprofessional- unless i am missing something which i may be. Are you confusing the anet employee in the screen shots to be a wvw dev. And who make up the “we” you are referring to?

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Riondron.1069

I see this thread allowed people with a sub par IQ to partake in discussion and express themselves. Really should have had a no “anet fanboy” or “no blind sheep” need post here.

As much as I loved GW1 and love the combat mechanics for GW2, again I say this ANET don’t realise what a great team based combat system they have and would rather people not fight and sit on siege for hours. Your a bunch of developers and nerds rather than PvP gamers. Get some real testers in, or atleast listen to your community in relation to WvW rather than make it so dull and boring and siege fest.

For the anti gvg crowd, why the hate? You jelly? I think your jelly. Every guild worth its name takes on enemies 2x 3x 4x its size and wins more often than not. It can get boring, enemies double, triple your size stop fighting and run at the sight of your tags.

These guilds look to up their game, seek higher challenges than just farming thousands of kills a night. They seek to fight each other, even numbers as fair as possible. To (shock Feggin horror) test themselves.

This “contribution” argument is SOOOOOOO FLAWED in a game its unreal, its not a F’in JOB, I do NOT have to meet targets or get fired. You PPT addicts, and yes you are addicts, you’ve bought into their lies and bullkitten. Hell the stories of people losing jobs, getting divorced, should be sending off alarm bells to you PPT idioots.

Who gives a flying kitten at the end of a week whose 1st, 2nd, 3rd. Play when you play, have fun. Kill the enemy or die trying.

Wtf is wrong with 2 groups getting together to battle?? EXPLAIN that one.

For your information, we “PPT idiots” are the ones that care about “winning” a game mode that by definition (and correct me if I’m wrong – you will anyway) is designed to have a ‘winner’ and basically 2 “losers” at the end of the week. Please forgive us “PPT addicts” for purchasing the game and playing it as it was DESIGNED for. Yes we care about ‘winning a game’, just like any professional sports team or Olympic athlete does. Ever heard of a team not caring about winning the Superbowl? And what is wrong with 2 groups getting together to battle? Absolutely nothing…except…there is also that ‘third’ group out there that takes advantage of the ‘missing’ players to start capping upgraded keeps like crazy. That third group is the smart one here, as they troll the forums to see when the matches are taking place, use it to their advantage, and make the gvg’ers look like fools to everyone else. And you still wonder why wvw’ers gripe at gvg’ers? If you really must gvg, then go play Battlefield 3 on a rented server…those types of games are designed for gvg or team vs team, and everyone will be happy Gw2 is designed for wvw, or server vs server vs server. Period.

Commander Kitadia
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Cuchullain.3104

Cuchullain.3104

Hi All,

I wanted to comment about the incident that happened recently in-game, surrounding some negative community interaction from a member of the ArenaNet staff.

Simply put a big mistake was made by one of our employees, for which he is both very upset and sorry. He allowed his personal feelings to affect his interactions in-game whilst representing ArenaNet, and this is absolutely unacceptable.

Like all players, we are human, and all have our opinions on the game. However these opinions should never disrupt other player’s enjoyment of the things they love. On top of this we have worked very hard to create a community that is respectful to one another, and for this behavior to have occurred while a developer is representing ArenaNet is doubly saddening.

We all cherish the opportunity to play with the community, and we absolutely rely on you all for in game feedback, and personally I hope that this incident does not hamper what has so far been an amazing relationship and opportunity for us all.

I would therefore like to sincerely apologize for this behavior on behalf of our staff member. We are taking steps to address the incident and for his part, he is very sorry for behaving in the manner in which he did.

Regarding Guild game play, please understand it is extremely important to us, and an area we are paying a great deal of attention to, so please do be patient with the developers who work tirelessly on making WvW the very best it can be, they have a great deal of respect for you all, and value your collaboration in pushing this pioneering mode forward. Also please note this member of staff is not on the WvW team.

Finally, World vs. World is a free-for-all battle. Our expectation of staff is that they should be playing, and enjoying the game like everyone else, and not being disruptive or disrespectful to others.

And in this spirit I hope we can move forward, and continue, what has up to this point, been a great community/developer relationship. One that I know our team massively values and loves.

Thank you all for your time and i hope you have a lovely weekend,

ChrisW

Thanks you for your apology. The is a good example of the way Anet needs to communicate with its customers: acknowledge mistakes in a specific rather than general way, and hopefully work to correct those errors. For many of us the issue is less that an Anet dev lost his temper but that the conditions which are leading to arranged GvG matches are not being addressed. While I am not but would like to be a GvGer I have received a lot of flack for engaging in open field fights and roaming, and have seen others get the same treatment from players. It is clear a lot of players are fed up with WvW in its current form and recent implementations threaten to make its deficiencies worse in the eyes of many.

I am glad that you are taking the issue seriously, welcoming feedback from the community and hopefully you are willing to move forward and give the community what it is asking for in a timely manner before many of us feel compelled to rage quit the game.

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Riondron.1069… I guess you missed my post earlier today. Can you please post the statistics to back up your previous claim that most GvG-ers wait for camps, don’t know how to place siege, PvD without clearing siege, only know how to attack out in the open, don’t treb, and don’t upgrade? I would really love to see them. Pretty please with sugar on top? XoXo <3

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in WvW

Posted by: Kaamau.5341

Kaamau.5341

fastest growing thread ever?

Fort Aspenwood
PRAISE GEESUS

in WvW