Some ANET interfered with our GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

@Riondron – none of that means kitten if no one is playing the game.

People are complaining because they care. And if ANet continues to ignore what people say, they won’t have any players left.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

I try to leave the gvg crowd be, but honestly many come off as elitist. Secondly, tonight there was a huge gvg event in tc bl, where we were fighting to save our keep. We could not get help in the bl, and when we asked for help to save our keep we were told to leave the bl. This is way too early in the match to be throwing the match.

No it isn’t, ur matched to BG and SoR. The match was thrown when it was made, don’t lie to yourself. Your highest tick not including the first couple hours was what? a 240?

Did I say which server I call home? Lol you know what they say abou ASSumptions.

OP’d thief, lol

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

I try to leave the gvg crowd be, but honestly many come off as elitist. Secondly, tonight there was a huge gvg event in tc bl, where we were fighting to save our keep. We could not get help in the bl, and when we asked for help to save our keep we were told to leave the bl. This is way too early in the match to be throwing the match.

1. You are facing 2 T1 servers…you aren’t winning this week.

2. TC BL will have SoR v JQ GvGs not TC GvGs

Again, think a little sonny. Who said I played TC? Lol

OP’d thief, lol

in WvW

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

I know most people in this world have low common sense, but it amaze me on how that mindset are widely shown when you are playing game. Looking at all these troll that keep on back peddling on their statement is just a classic humor.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

*Again stating that since THEY own the game, THEY get to decide what content is added or not added. This includes Living Story, map changes, questlines, updates, PvE, Rankings, Rewards, WvW, Leagues, if/or GvG, Server Population, etc….THEY are the only ones who can dictate the overall content and how the game is played, not US.

OK fine lets all leave the game and anet employees can play it by themselves to their hearts content.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

1. You are facing 2 T1 servers…you aren’t winning this week.

2. TC BL will have SoR v JQ GvGs not TC GvGs

Again, think a little sonny. Who said I played TC? Lol

Ah it all makes sense now.

Maybe next time yall won’t buy guilds then

in WvW

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

………………………………..NEWS FLASH………………………………….

Computer gaming company hires nerdy idiot lacking interpersonal skills, said employee upsets nerdy customers.

………………………………JUST IN…………………………………………

Nerdy idiot customers outraged at the fact that nerdy customers are upset with the computer gaming company.

/thread

Great post. He’s not customer service. I don’t agree with what he said, but people should chill out. Saying he should be fired for it is insane and frankly should be embarrassing to anyone suggesting so. Turn down the nerd rage plz.

This thread doesn’t need 1200+ posts either….oh great I added another. -.-

in WvW

Posted by: Riondron.1069

Riondron.1069

People are complaining because they care. And if ANet continues to ignore what people say, they won’t have any players left.

Over 3,500,000 copies of GW2 was sold just in the first year. Are you seriously going suggest that All of those players will leave the game, just because 1,000 or even 10,000 players are crying foul?…..I don’t even know how to respond to that.

Commander Kitadia
NSP
Kill a few: there won’t be a many

in WvW

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

Over 3,500,000 copies of GW2 was sold just in the first year. Are you seriously going suggest that All of those players will leave the game, just because 1,000 or even 10,000 players are crying foul?…..I don’t even know how to respond to that.

Copies sold doesn’t mean players playing. As they say with MMOs, box sales mean nothing, retention means everything.

Diablo 3 sold 12 million copies in 2012, but during the end of 2012 only 1 million people were still playing it. (i.e. 12 million people are not playing Diablo 3) I would not be surprised if GW2 had a similar ratio.

(edited by Xcom.1926)

in WvW

Riondron.1069

I had to laugh at Riondron copy/paste post because it has nothing to do with the discussion. Those rules are completely irrelevant and mean nothing in terms of this topic. All it says is “ANet can do whatever they want”. Sure they can. And as customers people can tell them how they feel.

Are you saying ANet is going to ban people if they GvG in WvW? They would never do something like that in a million years. That action itself would be a death sentence in terms of PR.

I certainly did not say nor imply that Anet would do such a thing. I clearly outlined their rules that stated the ToC’s definition of what constitutes not actively participating in matches in good faith. Their rules, not mine.

Commander Kitadia
NSP

in WvW

Riondron.1069

Copies sold doesn’t mean players playing. As they say with MMOs, box sales mean nothing, retention means everything.

Diablo 3 sold 12 million copies in 2012, but during the end of 2012 only 1 million people were still playing it. (i.e. 12 million people are not playing Diablo 3) I would not be surprised if GW2 had a similar ratio.

Last time I checked, GW2 was not Diablo 3. Just sayin’

Commander Kitadia
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

Last time I checked, I didn’t say GW2 was D3. Just sayin’

in WvW

Posted by: Coltaine.8701

Coltaine.8701

^ touche and humorous My contact list has 180 people I have run dungeons with over the past year. I always enjoyed the dungeons and the random people I ran them with. 180 people on my contact list…. about 15 log in randomly…. about 7 regularly.

in WvW

Riondron.1069

^ touche and humorous My contact list has 180 people I have run dungeons with over the past year. I always enjoyed the dungeons and the random people I ran them with. 180 people on my contact list…. about 15 log in randomly…. about 7 regularly.

I totally agree with what you are saying. Though I will point out that every game out there begins to bleed off players almost immediately, mostly because of ppl having a different perception of what the game really was. People become dissatisfied with games for various reasons, or they move on to that shiny new game that is all the rage, and the cycle continues. Will GW2 eventually burn out? Sure. Will it happen in 1 month or 10 years? None of us can answer that, as the gaming industry is a dynamic, ever-evolving entity.

Commander Kitadia
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Scleameth.6809

Scleameth.6809

I read posts about GvG not actively participating in the game and thus should be viewed “against the rules of conduct”. Now I’m not involved in any GvG but I have no gripe with them. I’m sure that none of them actually do ONLY GvG fights in WvW and are contributing to the WvW matchup at stages? Do you want to count people crafting in WvW into the “against the rules of conduct” category? Then remove the crafting stations in WvW… how about people afk at spawn just taking a bit of a breather? Wanna get them banned for running to McDonalds? People camping in towers which happens not to be attacked for hours? They are not contributing to WvW any more than GvG actually gaining spike points…
GvG are practising and refining tactics that count toward the whole server when they actually do carry on in the WvW matchup.
GvG should not be seen as anything less than open field combat in WvW and there should surely be a place for this in WvW. Let them do what they do best and just hope you have a well oiled guild in your zerg in critical battles.

FC – [SNKY]
Keep the Faith (and stay out of AC fire)

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

So umm, if I go into wvw to finish my gathering daily, am I a terrible person for not “participating in the match in good faith” and should be prohibited from doing so?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Scleameth.6809

Scleameth.6809

So umm, if I go into wvw to finish my gathering daily, am I a terrible person for not “participating in the match in good faith” and should be prohibited from doing so?

Absolutely – get on the karma train or get out!

FC – [SNKY]
Keep the Faith (and stay out of AC fire)

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

According to the few ppl here from ET and Yaks where, despite their low ranking, queues are abundant in mid week…Yes you are

in WvW

Posted by: Empyre.2531

Empyre.2531

@Riondron.1069,

why do you quote rules for pvp? Wvw isn’t pvp by Anet’s definition. Sadly, all your arguments are invalid and your time wasted. :/

[RG]

in WvW

Posted by: Korbaal.6402

Korbaal.6402

I’m disappointed to see how vicious some people are being.

As an ArenaNet employee, it’s really his obligation to investigate this.

Many people have said that they think it’s impossible he didn’t know what people were doing there and so obviously came to troll them. This is a very self-centered point of view. Not everyone WvW’s on a regular basis. Even among those that do, not everyone uses the WvW maps to GvG. Regardless, even if that IS the area that GvG goes on at, if there is something going on there that breaks the TOS, then ANet will check it out.

The barrage of foulmouthed vitriol that got unleashed on him was undeserved no matter what someone does. What is wrong with people that they think it’s acceptable to talk to anyone that way? I’ve seen it time and time again in Queensdale when people who are farming champions absolutely lose their minds that someone has DARED to kill a champion when NOT on the train. Do they consider that not everyone wants to play that way? That some people enjoy a challenge, or even – and be sitting down for this one – might just be new to the game and are just doing events as they come across them? Sadly, all to often the answer is no. Because far too often, people never consider other points of view than their own.

The next assumption made by many is that he turned on his tag to show off or intimidate. He didn’t do this until people started swearing at him (an action completely against the TOS). Had anyone been getting that kind of verbal abuse, I would expect an ANet staffer in the area to step in to try to defuse the situation and calm things down.

The whole thing I think has been blown ridiculously out of proportion. It’s pretty obvious that the topic of GvGing on the WvW maps is a hot topic for many, with people passionate about the issue on both sides. It’s pretty clear to me that he became a target for a lot of people’s frustrations about the issue.

He made a mistake in thinking that what was happening was breaking the TOS. He used a phrase that people took wrong. And people assumed he used his tag to dominate them when he was just trying to stop people from being jerks.

I know he is upset about how people are interpreting his actions because they are SO WRONG about his motives. He loves the game. He loves WvW. He loves his home server. He hates to see it getting abused. He hates to see people’s fun being ruined by other people’s bad behaviour. But he is one of the most kind hearted, open minded individuals it has EVER been my privilege to get to know. So to have people see him in that light is, I’m sure, very upsetting to him. To have the situation become so negative would be equally very upsetting to him.

ChrisW has already apologised on his behalf so we are aware ‘you’ are not speaking for him. I feel sorry for you if you think anything that has been said is “vicious” what does the world look like through your rose tinted glasses? At the end of the day an Anet employee was being disrespectful to the community, there’s no excuse for that, he was clearly popping his tag to try and scare people into compliance, (must be an internet virgin to think that would work). He was standing right in the middle of the field to troll and flame bait and the reaction he was seeking was the reaction he got. I do think this should be forgiven but not forgotten. And I feel encouraged by ChrisW’s words maybe this could be the catalyst for change.

You say- when people who are farming champions absolutely lose their minds that someone has DARED to kill a champion when NOT on the train. Do they consider that not everyone wants to play that way?

Well that’s exactly how some people feel about WvWvW we DARE to play the way we want to play and we get an Anet employee throwing his tag around like a police badge does HE consider that not everyone wants to play the way HE wants us to?

Read through your posts and consider your words carefully or you might get accused of being a hypocrite.

[RIP STAR]

in WvW

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

However, I frequently play outnumbered when my server is at the bottom of an uneven matchup, because the fairweather players who filled up queues on easy matchups are now nowhere to be found.

Now who is the greater detriment to a server’s WvW? Ultimately both are doing the same thing, focusing on their interest of fun, not necessarily having any malicious intent toward anyone else, but obviously ignoring the interests of everyone else.

Are GvG players the villains on the server simply because they thought outside the box a little, and found a way to have fun without ANet telling them they were allowed to have fun that way?

I think it’s safe to say that fairweather players are an issue on just about every server, that’s just how people are. They do cause a population shift during more difficult and unbalanced matchups which makes the matchup even more imbalanced, but they aren’t in a wvw map taking up a player slot while intentionally not participating in wvw. Just because the fairweather players are gone for a week doesn’t mean all queues are gone.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

in WvW

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

With all this drama it is fair to say that there is an urgent need for official GvG support. Because the permanent drama it causes on all levels is quickly becoming painful. That said, GvG sounds like a real opportunity for the game and I can see why people would enjoy such a game type. That said, WvW is NOT intended to be played that way and those GvG matches DO INTERFERE with it, it’s blatantly obvious.

P.S. : I haven’t even seen a single GvG match, I’m not interested in its current form at all. I also am not a dedicated WvW player, I’m just tired of this.

(edited by Ouroboros.5076)

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

You say- when people who are farming champions absolutely lose their minds that someone has DARED to kill a champion when NOT on the train. Do they consider that not everyone wants to play that way?

Well that’s exactly how some people feel about WvWvW we DARE to play the way we want to play and we get an Anet employee throwing his tag around like a police badge does HE consider that not everyone wants to play the way HE wants us to?

Read through your posts and consider your words carefully or you might get accused of being a hypocrite.

Random non-event champions in open world pve are just there for anyone to kill. There is no other purpose to them, nor any game type or game mechanic related to them. Whoever finds them is free to kill them, and there is no excuse for any player to ever harass/yell at/insult/etc another for killing a champ.

WvW is a set gametype, with specific goals and mechanics related to WvW being the dominant features of every map. Those maps exist for a single purpose, to provide a venue in which to play WvW. When someone enters a location in any game that is host to some sort of competitive play, the general expectation is that they will participate in that game mode. That game mode is the entire reason the location even exists.

That being said, there is still no harm done if the location is used in a manner that does not interfere with the official gametype in any way.

(edited by mrstealth.6701)

in WvW

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

WvW is a game that is defined by 3v3 server matches, with capture and control points, which contribute to points gain every 15 minutes and adds up over the course of a match week to determine a winner for the overall ranking of a designated ladder. This was the intended design of the game, and all the crafting stations, jumping puzzles, bloodlust capture points, map completion points, WXP gains and ranks were integrated into that design, whether you like it or not. Stop complaining.

So if that is your interpretation how WvW is working then open Field fights should also be avoided at all costs and are not supported on the WvW Maps. Maybe in your perfect World Servers should talk to each other so that they do not accidentaly appear on the same keep at the same time. How about that ?

in WvW

Posted by: mohrad.8972

mohrad.8972

PT.3
And now to the final issue, WvW vs. GvG:
This is mentioned twice in the RULES:
HERE "disrupting other people’s game experience by not actively participating in matches in good faith

AND HERE " disrupting a PvP match by not actively playing in good faith, or any other form of PvP griefing, exploitation, or abuse

WvW is a game that is defined by 3v3 server matches, with capture and control points, which contribute to points gain every 15 minutes and adds up over the course of a match week to determine a winner for the overall ranking of a designated ladder. This was the intended design of the game, and all the crafting stations, jumping puzzles, bloodlust capture points, map completion points, WXP gains and ranks were integrated into that design, whether you like it or not. Stop complaining.

NO PLACE, in the vision and design and of this game mode is any official implementation of a GVG mechanic that actively contributes to any type of format that determines a server’s given rank. Nor is there any in-game support, arena, map, instance, points tracking, match-making, or venue for this ‘community made’ play style. So for the 15 min to 1 hour gvg’ers are claiming a spot on a map, points gain is being determined bay on official counter. And in doing so, the gvg’ers in question DID NOT “actively participate(ing) in matches in good faith” This can also be loosely interpreted under the “any other form of PvP griefing, exploitation, or abuse” rule (that us up to the discretion of the game designers, not the players). And to believe otherwise is a delusional rationalization that since they paid for the game, then the can do what they want.

GvG just is not endorsed or supported in the game in any form. Players claiming ‘their right’ to do it is never mentioned in the Rules of Conduct.

So stop crying about how Anet is screwing you, stop cussing at the Dev’s, stop calling for employee firings, stop interfering with the WvW players who actually do “have the right” to play the game in its intended form, stop comparing to ‘other’ games that support GvG, stop demanding answers to you self-righteous questions, and stop threating to leave the game or ban gem purchases. In essence, stop acting like petulant children and either play the game as it is intended to be according to the rules, or just go play a different game, as it is blatantly obvious that you are NOT satisfied with playing GW2.
If Anet wanted GvG in the game, none of these discussions would exist. But they didn’t. And with the way the “GvG Community” keeps disrespecting Anet as they do, it may NEVER be implemented into the game. SO DEAL WITH IT!!!

Your point of view is very viable and accurate when it comes to the Rules.
Yet, one can invalidate WHOLE of your posting simply by reading couple of first pages of this thread.
There is a person who smartly said if we all were to take Your point of view, then any form of PvE play, AFK or even small groups roaming just for kills around WvW map COULD be lifted up to the rules as griefers. Just because (as You quoted) they are no “actively participate(ing) in matches in good faith” thus they are not contributing to the main (designed) goal of WvW map.
It’s up to ANET to decide how to “go” with their rules. Rules often cover much more “ground” than it’s really needed, just to give the dev a tool of use in some very enviromental scenarios.

in WvW

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

This is Guild Wars, what makes you think you’d fight other guilds?!!

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

How in the world can you defend what this guy did. He was standing in the middle of the two opposing guilds. It has been clear that this is a GvG, no way to misinterpret the situation. He was asked to leave, he did not. One of the guilds chased him off a bit but even did not kill him, he returned and interfered again. After that the Raidlead started to call him Names and then the Dev started to show his Tag. But not to calm things down, he just wanted to show who has the bigger kitten and to troll people. To be honest i am surprised how nice the community was to this guy under the given circumstances, in europe when such things happen these motherkitteners will get killed over and over until they leave when they can not behave themselfes. Maybe this guy is the nicest person in the world but on that special occasion he acted exactly like the raidlead called him.

How in the world can you justify your Malicious Hatred treatments to this guy after what he Regrettfuly did?

“but on that special occasion he acted exactly like the raidlead called him”

In other word as the saying goes, “a tooth for a tooth” yet Never Once exhibited Hate or Violence.

Never Once

Yet after he issued a Letter of Sincere Apology for his wrongful actions, you and your Responsible GvG’s contunued your Parade of Hateful Malevolence Rage against him.

You and your Responsible GvG’s deserves No Excuse! No Remorse!! No Mercy!! for your Barbaric Actions.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in WvW

Posted by: luckywaldo.6089

luckywaldo.6089

However, I frequently play outnumbered when my server is at the bottom of an uneven matchup, because the fairweather players who filled up queues on easy matchups are now nowhere to be found.

Now who is the greater detriment to a server’s WvW? Ultimately both are doing the same thing, focusing on their interest of fun, not necessarily having any malicious intent toward anyone else, but obviously ignoring the interests of everyone else.

Are GvG players the villains on the server simply because they thought outside the box a little, and found a way to have fun without ANet telling them they were allowed to have fun that way?

I think it’s safe to say that fairweather players are an issue on just about every server, that’s just how people are. They do cause a population shift during more difficult and unbalanced matchups which makes the matchup even more imbalanced, but they aren’t in a wvw map taking up a player slot while intentionally not participating in wvw. Just because the fairweather players are gone for a week doesn’t mean all queues are gone.

But GvG players are participating in WvW. It’s an open world PvP area, is it not?

It just isn’t what the developers expected, because they thought all fights must revolve around their capture points.

Ecce Machina ~ Engineer
Ars Est Mortem ~ Necromancer

(edited by luckywaldo.6089)

in WvW

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

Hey, lets do the Hepler!

I see players trolling, flaming and abusing each other in-game every day. I’ve been arguably abused by other players just because I main a ranger. As foolish as this dev was, this is just a small drop in an unhealthy online environment that is present in every single MMO. I do agree that ANet was always slow at processing feedback but all this rage here in this topic shows just how fragile the community in-game is, because of us the players rather than the Devs, they give us far more credit than we as community deserve. It has been made evident that mixing different players – PvPers, casuals, GvG, WvW and elitist players is a feat most impossible. Rather than snagging each others throats about which part of the game is more important and who is less harassed, I believe we should unite around the need for GvG and possible improvements to various systems so we can all do our thing. Harassing other people especially the devs will get us nowhere….

In other words “this will not end well” for any of us as it is.

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

(edited by Wayfinder.8452)

in WvW

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

I second what Courin has stated and would like to add my own confirmation to what she said.

The Anet person in question is one of the most dedicated, passionate people I know when it comes to this game. I mean, I’m super dedicated to the game and he honestly puts me to shame in comparison.

Having had the pleasure to play the game with him and get to know him I’ve been watching this thread with horror because he’s literally the last person to deserve to be dragged through the mud. He’s a lovely, kindhearted and fun person that I’m honored to know and people in this thread are making complete incorrect assumptions about him.

Having watched the video myself all I see, knowing him is someone who tried to find out what was going on. Then got verbal abuse thrown at him and then tried to defuse the situation using his tag. Unfortunately this was taken completely the wrong way and blown way out of proportion.

I can guarantee he meant well and to be honest I feel he was correct in trying to resolve the situation at hand. He made some small mistakes in the way he did which then got woefully misinterpreted, blown out of proportions and all this hatred towards him is seriously undeserved no matter who he is or what he does.

This whole ordeal reminds me of an angry incoherent mob with their pitchforks and torches ready to lynch someone over the slightest thing despite said person being innocent of all the unrelated accusations/complaints being made in regards to GvG/WvW which he is not responsible for.

Also. As Courin said, I’m not speaking on this persons behalf. I just can’t stand seeing people wrongly accuse someone whose kind.

I understand peoples frustration in regards to the GvG/WvW subject but that’s no excuse for this public lynching of a single unrelated person. Secondly to those people who keep demanding GvG. What do you expect them to do? Magically pull a whole new game mode out of thin air?

GvG is done by a minority of players. Anet is a business. If they do decide to implement GvG it would be out of love for their playerbase as they certainly wouldn’t make money out of it and if anything loose money as they’d have to pay a team to build it. Such a process would take a long time that is if they even will.

So, have some patience and see what happens in a year or two. And maybe if you’d ask nicely instead of throwing abuse at Anet they’d be more likely to consider it.

If you really hate the game so much if there is no GvG then perhaps you should play something else in the meantime till they do instead of spamming livestream chats, making demands and constantly creating a negative and toxic environment in the community. You’re just making it less likely anything will happen and just annoy people in the process by being rude.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

(edited by Fay.2735)

in WvW

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

Having had the pleasure to play the game with him and get to know him I’ve been watching this thread with horror because he’s literally the last person to deserve to be dragged through the mud. He’s a lovely, kindhearted and fun person that I’m honored to know and people in this thread are making complete incorrect assumptions about him.

I’m sorry, but being a lovely kindhearted fun person is completely irrelevant. He kittened up, he deserves to get flak for it.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I second what Courin has stated and would like to add my own confirmation to what she said.

The Anet person in question is one of the most dedicated, passionate people I know when it comes to this game. I mean, I’m super dedicated to the game and he honestly puts me to shame in comparison.

snip

There is your account of this person’s personality and then there’s the video >.>. Granted some of the comments went too far in my opinion. But if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, its a duck. This person was acting like a kittenhead and they got called on it, as they should.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

How in the world can you defend what this guy did. He was standing in the middle of the two opposing guilds. It has been clear that this is a GvG, no way to misinterpret the situation. He was asked to leave, he did not. One of the guilds chased him off a bit but even did not kill him, he returned and interfered again. After that the Raidlead started to call him Names and then the Dev started to show his Tag. But not to calm things down, he just wanted to show who has the bigger kitten and to troll people. To be honest i am surprised how nice the community was to this guy under the given circumstances, in europe when such things happen these motherkitteners will get killed over and over until they leave when they can not behave themselfes. Maybe this guy is the nicest person in the world but on that special occasion he acted exactly like the raidlead called him.

How in the world can you justify your Malicious Hatred treatments to this guy after what he Regrettfuly did?

“but on that special occasion he acted exactly like the raidlead called him”

In other word as the saying goes, “a tooth for a tooth” yet Never Once he exhibited Hate or Violence.

I wouldn’t defend how the dev acted while flashing his Anet tag around, but there is no justification or defense for the gvg participants actions either. Their behavior was just as bad as the dev’s, if not worse. I don’t care what is going on, you just don’t talk to people like that.

The excuse that “gamers talk to each like that” is ridiculous. The language used there might be acceptable in a light-hearted situation among people that are familiar with each other, but this incident was clearly not a situation like that.

in WvW

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

This thread needs to be locked.

in WvW

Fay.2735

There is your account of this person’s personality and then there’s the video >.>. Granted some of the comments went too far in my opinion. But if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, its a duck. This person was acting like a kittenhead and they got called on it, as they should.

Nobody deserves to get 25 pages of public lynching over what he did. Nobody is a saint 24/7. I’m not saying the mistakes he made were right. I’m just letting people know he’s a good guy and loves the game as we do. He already feels remorseful about his mistake as Chris Whiteside has stated on his behalf which I believe is meant. There is no need for the ongoing hate train it’s completely out of proportion.

If you have an issue with WvW/GvG then put it on the doorstep of the people that are responsible for that not a person who is not.

He didn’t apologize, ANet pr did.

He did apologize through Chris Whiteside. It’s part of Anet pr’s job to make public statements on employees behalf in such situations as they probably aren’t allowed to do so personally. Similar to having a lawyer read out your case/standpoint. Doesn’t mean it’s any less meant in the slightest. Knowing the person involved I believe it is. It’s just what company’s do and certainly isn’t a good excuse for the continued undeserved hatred.

This ^

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

(edited by Fay.2735)

in WvW

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

“This is Guild Wars, what makes you think you’d fight other guilds?!!”

I LOVE when players make this statement.

in WvW

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

He wanted to stop ‘kill trading’ an hour before rest when his server is 150k+ up. Hilarious, I can see he does love his server.

Also anyone else notice how that apology is the typical, ‘We here at (insert company name) apologize for the action of our staff.’

He didn’t apologize, ANet pr did.

In any respectable company or other group it is the team leader who takes responsibility first. I agree that it is the usual PR-filtered talk but that kind of response only shows how dedicated ANet is.

Yes

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

(edited by Wayfinder.8452)

in WvW

Posted by: Radioactive.1248

Radioactive.1248

The fact that this slow-paced GvG that was not in any way “one-sided” could be construed as kill trading should be looked at as a laughable and not even plausible excuse for the dev’s behavior. As the foul-mouthed raid leader, was it clear that I used foul language? Yes, I did, but I’m not an employee and ambassador of ANET. I paid for the game, I don’t get paid to make it a fun environment like the Dev does. There is a certain amount of respect an employee owes a customer and it was clear that this developer was very uninterested in showing us any respect because we weren’t playing the game his way. The comparisons between any of the participants and the ANET dev himself are laughable, unless ANET is uninterested in holding their employees to a MUCH MUCH MUCH higher standard than what was shown here.

Star Player
[KEK]

(edited by Radioactive.1248)

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

I’m also familiar with the person, and while I’ve never really had any personal interactions with him, I have the utmost respect for him.

However, there is nobody who can claim he wasn’t fully aware of what was going on, especially not if you know who he is, this wasn’t just a little tester hired the day before who walked into something which wasn’t broadcasted in mapchat (oh, hey, more people can watch the video).
If he had a problem with the language being used, he should’ve gone in tag first and ask to keep it polite please, instead of deliberately interrupting the event and then taking out the tag in a “Look who I am” way.

Don’t get me wrong, this doesn’t excuse the language used by the players, though their frustration is understandable, and in no way do I believe that he should be fired over this, please, that would be silly. Though he should certainly be reprimanded.

And Lily, I would expect you to be aware that people ahve tried the polite route, repeatedly, only to get ignored without even a pat on the head (honestly, in that way gamers are like children – pat us on the head and we’ll be happy for a limited amount of time), and over time as people got more annoyed, the reactions by ANet got worse, creating a vicious cycle which honestly will at this point only be broken by an empty map thrown our way or by the release of the next game with mass PvP (so I heard there’s several in the works..).
And as you said, ANet is a business… Off the top of my head, I can think of several ways to make money out of GvG, and I’m not particularly the most creative person. Putting in the game mode would also spread it to people previously not involved in it, which would increase the revenue of it.

(edited by Genev.2450)

in WvW

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

Nobody deserves to get 25 pages of public lynching over what he did.

All this is blown out of proportions, that’s for sure. But discussion is long ago revolving more around premises, not incident and person themselves.

Just shows that this topic is hugely heated in terms of passion to the game and level of conflict between both sides. Or is it three? Excuse me for a second, let me count quickly:
- ArenaNet
- GvG WvWers
- Non-GvG WvWers
- GW1 GvG adepts

Oh, that’s four.

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

in WvW

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

No. There’s gathering nodes in there.

Part of the ‘rules’ of the game is gathering. If you gather here, you’ll get your daily gathered achievement.

You’ll be using up slots that others could use since you could be gathering somewhere else. But that’s just opinion. Since it’s part of the game’s rules, you are allowed to do that, an it’s your choice if you go there just to gather. It’s on your conscience.

Just doing something that may cause trouble for others alone is not bad if it’s within the rules. Walking around to do points or gathering or even getting your daily kill variety or the jumping puzzle are and example of that.
All of that should be outside WvW. For example, nodes could appear within captured locations or after completing events, to promote doing them, instead lying around, and the 3 last puzzles could be separated like the obsidian one. And all ‘spare’ vistas that are not within a location that give score or help the fight should be moved to somewhere that would make people who want the vista at least help a little or move there. Like putting them in the Bloodlust ruins.

But it isn’t, as it’s part of the game, so you can’t do anything but complain and give feedback until something is done about ‘wasting slots’ like that.

I don’t have to like it, but I have to accept it.

When players made up their own rules, that’s not bad either. That can be actually good, like when they came up with the dodgeball minigame in GW1.

There’s lots of people coming up with extra challenges like “never use gear better than fine” or “fight only with melee weapons”, or “never use consumables” and so on.

ANet can learn from these new made up rulesets. Sometimes there’s a good seed for design and some neat ideas in there.

The problem is when both “doing something made up” and “doing something that bothers others” come together in one package.
These “GvG” guys that do something that can be hardly called “GvG” would not be that much of a problem if they didn’t tend to take up slots at times when there’s lots of people waiting in the queue. But the fact is that they do take up slots others could be using.

They are not following the rules, and they are not doing anything good for others.

It’s the same when people harass others not to complete an event to farm it, or when people grab a turrent in the Tequatl event and start firing at risen and ambient creatures instead focusing on the event’s objectives, or when people grab a keg in keg brawl and run outside the field to get their achievements going.
You can do that, because there’s nothing coded or scripted to prevent you to do that. But you are harming other player’s experience with your actions, and so you must stop.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in WvW

Fay.2735

The fact that this slow-paced GvG that was not in any way “one-sided” could be construed as kill trading should be looked at as a laughable and not even plausible excuse for the dev’s behavior. As the foul-mouthed raid leader, was it clear that I used foul language? Yes, I did, but I’m not an employee and ambassador of ANET. I paid for the game, I don’t get paid to make it a fun environment like the Dev does. There is a certain amount of respect an employee owes a customer and it was clear that this developer was very uninterested in showing us any respect because we weren’t playing the game his way.

Not being part of a company/organization of some sort doesn’t condone the use of verbal abuse towards other people regardless of setting. You can’t demand respect if none is given from the start on your end. “I paid for the game” and yes you paid the 50 something dollars for the game. This again doesn’t give you a free ticket to verbally abuse people.

The person in question from what I’ve discerned dedicates hours, days, months of hard work far beyond what is required to help make the game as good as it is. I’d get annoyed as well if I was in his position after I put that much hard work into something just to get people swearing at me because I stood in the wrong spot. Sure he made a mistake he shouldn’t have, he apologized for it. He can’t turn back time so what more do you expect?

You were equally if not more so in the wrong and I’ve yet to see an apology from your end instead you try to make excuses for your behavior when in actuality what you said was far worse than anything he did. But that is just my opinion. I just hope they lock this topic ASAP. As it’s gone far out of control.

And Lily, I would expect you to be aware that people ahve tried the polite route, repeatedly, only to get ignored without even a pat on the head (honestly, in that way gamers are like children – pat us on the head and we’ll be happy for a limited amount of time), and over time as people got more annoyed, the reactions by ANet got worse, creating a vicious cycle which honestly will at this point only be broken by an empty map thrown our way or by the release of the next game with mass PvP (so I heard there’s several in the works..).
And as you said, ANet is a business… Off the top of my head, I can think of several ways to make money out of GvG, and I’m not particularly the most creative person. Putting in the game mode would also spread it to people previously not involved in it, which would increase the revenue of it.

I know people are annoyed but really this isn’t the way to go about it. To single out one person and hold him responsible for all the wrong done and frustrations just isn’t fair on that person regardless of setting.

(edited by Fay.2735)

in WvW

Posted by: Radioactive.1248

Radioactive.1248

The fact that this slow-paced GvG that was not in any way “one-sided” could be construed as kill trading should be looked at as a laughable and not even plausible excuse for the dev’s behavior. As the foul-mouthed raid leader, was it clear that I used foul language? Yes, I did, but I’m not an employee and ambassador of ANET. I paid for the game, I don’t get paid to make it a fun environment like the Dev does. There is a certain amount of respect an employee owes a customer and it was clear that this developer was very uninterested in showing us any respect because we weren’t playing the game his way.

Not being part of a company/organization of some sort doesn’t condone the use of verbal abuse towards other people regardless of setting. You can’t demand respect if none is given from the start on your end. “I paid for the game” and yes you paid the 50 something dollars for the game. This again doesn’t give you a free ticket to verbally abuse people.

The person in question from what I’ve discerned dedicates hours, days, months of hard work far beyond what is required to help make the game as good as it is. I’d get annoyed as well if I was in his position after I put that much hard work into something just to get people swearing at me because I stood in the wrong spot. Sure he made a mistake he shouldn’t have, he apologized for it. He can’t turn back time so what more do you expect?

You were equally if not more so in the wrong and I’ve yet to see an apology from your end instead you try to make excuses for your behavior when in actuality what you said was far worse than anything he did. But that is just my opinion. I just hope they lock this topic ASAP. As it’s gone far out of control.

It’s hard to find apologies when you aren’t looking. Here is one of them that I posted on this thread:

The staff himself has not shown himself to be remorseful in any way. He had somebody apologize on his behalf. How sincere is that? I apologized long ago, and continue to apologize at this juncture, but I’m sure many of you are just posting out of your kitten , eager to prove the GvG community (of which I am not an active member) is somehow solely at fault for the pathetic actions of an EMPLOYEE of the game. Did I use foul language? Yes. Should I have handled it in a different way? Definitely. Should the ANET employee be held to a higher standard? Yes, we are not employees, and yet we are man enough to apologize, not send a liaison to send a cookie cutter apology to the community and call it good. Don’t ask for the guild leaders to apologize if you are ok with ANET’s apology, ask for some random viewer who can “talk on my behalf” about “how sorry I am”.

But, I can see that when you dedicate so much time to being somebody’s personal excuse vendor, that you don’t have a lot left to verify your claims about what I did or didn’t do.

Star Player
[KEK]

in WvW

Fay.2735

It’s hard to find apologies when you aren’t looking. Here is one of them that I posted on this thread:

The staff himself has not shown himself to be remorseful in any way. He had somebody apologize on his behalf. How sincere is that? I apologized long ago, and continue to apologize at this juncture, but I’m sure many of you are just posting out of your kitten , eager to prove the GvG community (of which I am not an active member) is somehow solely at fault for the pathetic actions of an EMPLOYEE of the game. Did I use foul language? Yes. Should I have handled it in a different way? Definitely. Should the ANET employee be held to a higher standard? Yes, we are not employees, and yet we are man enough to apologize, not send a liaison to send a cookie cutter apology to the community and call it good. Don’t ask for the guild leaders to apologize if you are ok with ANET’s apology, ask for some random viewer who can “talk on my behalf” about “how sorry I am”.

But, I can see that when you dedicate so much time to being somebody’s personal excuse vendor, that you don’t have a lot left to verify your claims about what I did or didn’t do.

You don’t sound genuinely sorry for anything to me and that post doesn’t sound like an apology but just more accusations. Which is fair enough if you aren’t you aren’t. Just want this thread locked so we can move on from this insanity. I’ve said what I came to say and I stand by it.

in WvW

Posted by: Sir Arthur.8905

Sir Arthur.8905

Please someone close this thread. I am ashamed to be a member of this player base. I apologize on behalf of the GW2 community for these needlessly sarcastic, nonconstructive, and exaggerated comments.

We all know two wrongs don’t make a right, and there a about a hundred wrongs on this thread. GvG in WvW is as intended as ember farming was. Unfortunately, the situation will not be resolved until a separate mode is made for guilds wanting to do so. However, when it does happen, know that it is because Anet has already planned to do so, not because the “GvG” community griefed them into it.

Everyone effects this game and other players. These “gvg” battles ARE a contributing factor to some people avoiding wvw. I am one of those people, and I hope your issue is resolved so that I can enjoy wvw a bit more.

in WvW

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

No. There’s gathering nodes in there.

Part of the ‘rules’ of the game is gathering. If you gather here, you’ll get your daily gathered achievement.

Nope that´s wrong. Through the eyes of this narrow minded anti GvG community such behavior can not be tolerated at all. Doing part of a daily in WvW by gathering does not only not contribute to the points of the server, one is also guilty of wasting a precious slot on the map.

Idem ius omnibus, Gentlemen

(edited by mordran.4750)

in WvW

Posted by: Empyre.2531

Empyre.2531

I know people are annoyed but really this isn’t the way to go about it. To single out one person and hold him responsible for all the wrong done and frustrations just isn’t fair on that person regardless of setting.

Seeing his position in the company he has more influence on implementing gvg then say an EVENtual character model designer has.

Please someone close this thread. I am ashamed to be a member of this player base. I apologize on behalf of the GW2 community for these needlessly sarcastic, nonconstructive, and exaggerated comments.

We all know two wrongs don’t make a right, and there a about a hundred wrongs on this thread. GvG in WvW is as intended as ember farming was. Unfortunately, the situation will not be resolved until a separate mode is made for guilds wanting to do so. However, when it does happen, know that it is because Anet has already planned to do so, not because the “GvG” community griefed them into it.

Everyone effects this game and other players. These “gvg” battles ARE a contributing factor to some people avoiding wvw. I am one of those people, and I hope your issue is resolved so that I can enjoy wvw a bit more.

There are pve elements in wvw that contribute NOTHING to the outcome of the week, alone from this fact we can conclude that ANet’s intend for wvw was not only and exclusively the play for PPT.

[RG]

(edited by Empyre.2531)

in WvW

Posted by: Gamadorn.2670

Gamadorn.2670

The problem is that if that happened, no one will be left to WvW. The difference in tiers has absolutely no bearing on population and is really based on how many active guilds are participating actively in WvW. If all WvW guilds left BG or SoR or JQ they would plummet to the bottom of the rankings….again the pve’ers and people coming into WvW do not drive the ratings. When they do come in to check it out, they usually see a guild running, run with them, maybe they like what they do and enjoy wvw and then start looking for a guild that does more of that….

People seem to have this mentality that guilds don’t make up WvW on servers and it’s simply wrong, they are the movers and shakers of your server in WvW. All those millions of copies sold are pve’ers and there are A LOT more of them then people who ACTIVELY participate in WvW. This where the numbers get skewed IMO. I think there are definitely a lot more pve’ers coming into WvW than people in guilds, but they only tend to show up when winning, or do a jp or craft or use it as a short cut to lions arch, they are not the solid stable core that makes your server stable in the rankings. Which is fine, Anet wants WvW to be a casual environment where people just sort of stroll in and do whatever. So eventually when all these guilds continue to disappear, everything will be even and WvW will be fairly barren except for some small groups running around

Dragonbrand
Underwater Operations – [WET]

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Here’s a suggestion:

Maybe you should walk in each other’s shoes.

Arrange to have the Anet person to join Star Player’s [TE] guild, under a different account, and join the [TE] players for a week or two.

Then temporarily give Star Player, under a different account, access to the Anet tag and join with the Anet person’s team and see what their role is.

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Yep. According to people like Riondron or Sir Arthur.8905, you should be banned from every regular activity taking place in WvW apart from siegeing and defending castles. Even open-field battles are frowned upon by the new generation of WvW purists, because they at best have the same effect points wise as a GvG. Going by this new doctrine you are to avoid any fights (or like mentioned any other activities) that don’t take place in the context of capturing an objective.