World Linking 8/26/2016

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

TC is a struggling T1 server compare to JQ. TC don’t have a selling point unlike JQ which brag about having huge SEA (and even overstack it by sponsoring some more small SEA guilds during early part of this year, at the cost of other timezones). Reasonable TC get a link and their link isn’t that massive either.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Loken.7684

Loken.7684

Really? You are guys are just going to silently post the NA matchups now and not even acknowledge how much you screwed up the EU ones? FSP needs to be addressed now.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

FSP needs to be addressed now.

They took 5 weeks to adress CD issue on NA during the last pairing. Come back in 1 month buddy.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Hayate.1507

Hayate.1507

Serious question here…

3 weeks ago DB, BG and JQ in T1, DB wins, BG in second JQ in 3rd

2 weeks ago DB gets knocked from FIRST place in T1 into T2, BG, JQ stay T1 and TC moves up

Last week BG wins, JQ in second and TC in 3rd

But now, JQ has a score higher an TC but is in T2 with no pairing and TC(who has a pairing) is in T1 against DB and BG…

What exactly is going on with scoring? Are you guys just throwing darts at a board to figure out T1? Or is TC cozying up with the right people?

It really makes no sense to me what so ever and I would really appreciate an explanation.

(edited by Hayate.1507)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

You have a rotating match up, isn’t that good? Or you just want a fixed 3 servers matchup?

One of the popular requests is varieties,.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Hayate.1507

I think the biggest problem is how little sense it seems to make, if a server is in first place in T1 knocking them down to T2 for a little variety accomplishes nothing, all it does it place a large server with a consistent WvW population against servers that can’t compete resulting in 100k point differences.

That type of a match up isn’t fun, it’s just a slaughter resulting in lowered morale and fewer people bothering to play that week.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Serious question here…

2 weeks ago DB gets knocked from FIRST place in T1 into T2, BG, JQ stay T1 and TC moves up

But now, JQ has a score higher an TC but is in T2 with no pairing and TC(who has a pairing) is in T1 against DB and BG…

What exactly is going on with scoring? Are you guys just throwing darts at a board to figure out T1? Or is TC cozying up with the right people?

It really makes no sense to me what so ever and I would really appreciate an explanation.

It still early to call this week scores… The matches pretty much just reseted. Give it a day or two before jumping unto conclusion. I’m pretty sure TC still cannot compete with BG.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

Worlds have now been re-linked.
We have reset glicko volatility and deviation for all worlds to the same value, but have left their rating unchanged (this includes worlds that were previously guest worlds but are now host worlds). Just to reiterate, resetting glicko volatility and deviation will result in greater rating shifts in the first few matches. This will give worlds the opportunity to move into their ideal matchup tier much faster.

^^ for all your questions about how the tier matchups were determined…in addition to Glicko RNG.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Serious question here…

It is not hard to understand, there are 4 servers competing for 3 spots in tier 1. Glicko RNG will basically continue throwing one of those servers into a tier 2 matchup until one of the 4 servers is no longer capable of competing in tier 1, and is more balanced in tier 2. Any of the 4 servers BG/DB/JQ/TC can roll a tier 2 matchup for the week, it happened to BG several weeks ago, it happened with DB last couple of weeks, now back with JQ. It is simply glicko RNG taking effect because there are 4 servers competing for 3 spots.

Whether or not a server is actually capable of staying competitive is irrelevant in regards to glicko, it only takes into account calculated points to determine matchups not real time examples or situations. A server can literally lose everyone in a day, and it wont effect the glicko determined matchup until it starts effecting its points.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

(edited by X T D.6458)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

No pairing for JQ? Since they are a relative ghost town outside of overnight compared to the other tier 1 and even tier 2 servers, they are going to be hurting.

JQ is barely in tier 1 yet TC gets a link. lmao. nuff said

And let’s not start with Mag getting a pairing even though they can handle themselves with a T1 level NA blob.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

JQs fault for nightcapping and PPT try Harding to go into T1 when they don’t belong there.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Rink.6108

Rink.6108

I think it is an interesting and more or less balanced linkup this week in NA. The higher servers only got none or very “small” linkups; middle tier-servers semi-small-linkups and the bottom got 2 similarly strong servers + 1 small one. It is hard to make a really balanced system, there are always some servers that will be “weaker” or “stronger” because of the linkup or tier they land in, but from my point of view it looks ok this way and will be interesting and competitive.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Honestly, I don’t think JQ can be blamed entirely for what their SEA players do… DB SEA also normally push DB to where it don’t belong. The difference is that DB received people from other timezones and solidified their place in T1 whilst JQ lost players in other timezones and fell from grace.

People major complaint about JQ in their matches is their lack of NA presence. Which is funny to hear that a server that is at T1 doorstep isn’t receiving NA guilds looking for a pass into that tier. Of course, JQ is no longer open, but I wonder why it didn’t received NA guilds while it was…

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Hayate.1507

Serious question here…

It still early to call this week scores… The matches pretty much just reseted. Give it a day or two before jumping unto conclusion. I’m pretty sure TC still cannot compete with BG.

At no point did I say anything about this weeks scores, I’m wondering about the fact that TC consistently places low and their current ranking score according to the GW2 Leaderboards shows TC scored below JQ which earned them a paired server, yet they are in T1 instead of JQ.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Serious question here…

At no point did I say anything about this weeks scores, I’m wondering about the fact that TC consistently places low and their current ranking score according to the GW2 Leaderboards shows TC scored below JQ which earned them a paired server, yet they are in T1 instead of JQ.

TC scored low becasue the server is hibernating. JQ is not. JQ is try Harding TC is taking a break… Thats why TC gets a link and JQ doesn’t. Smarter community working the system better.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Serious question here…

jq IS the t1 server not tc. there is an rng roll every week for matchups and jq rolled the t2 match. this has gone on forever….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Here are the worlds for NA:

• Dragonbrand
• Blackgate
• Jade Quarry

Jade Quarry doesn’t have near the population of DB or BG how the hell do you expect us to be able to compete?

More decisions which just turn players off the game mode. You need to be more transparent with players about how you made these decisions.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Your guys don’t even know anything about jq. Jq just got half of DragonBrand na due to drama. I knew that server was going to fall apart with all the drama Queens. Join tc today pm me if interested.

Half! Stop lying, we got 1 guild.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I think the biggest problem is how little sense it seems to make, if a server is in first place in T1 knocking them down to T2 for a little variety accomplishes nothing, all it does it place a large server with a consistent WvW population against servers that can’t compete resulting in 100k point differences.

That type of a match up isn’t fun, it’s just a slaughter resulting in lowered morale and fewer people bothering to play that week.

Speaking as someone on one of those T2 servers I’m glad we are getting different servers rolling down each week. No one gives a kitten about the score, that just shows we have a coverage gap. We have plenty of fun collecting bags the rest of the day.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

• Dragonbrand
• Blackgate
• Jade Quarry

Jade Quarry doesn’t have near the population of DB or BG how the hell do you expect us to be able to compete?

More decisions which just turn players off the game mode. You need to be more transparent with players about how you made these decisions.

Welcome to YBs link hades from last round, except we have even less coverage….

I am not sure what they are really trying to do in the long run, but I’d rather have the linkings try to make all server combos semi equal and lump tiers altogether in favor of round robin style play with all teams. Maybe that only means 3 matches in NA instead of 4…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: hypehype.9047

hypehype.9047

lol at the glory hunters that wasted gold to switch servers.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Serious question here…

Here. This link may help you to understand the current WvW match-making system and how a server’s glicko rating is different from its match-making rating and why a rank 1 server can roll a match into T2 despite “winning” the week:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/big-changes-coming-to-wvw-matchups/

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: cryokro.6270

cryokro.6270

Still cant believe it that you linked us, vabbi, to Gunnar’s hold.

Our linked server feels even worse than before the linking when we were stuck in t9. Only good thing about t9 was that we had our name showing up. As we didn’t really had a community, I cant play that card.

It’s sad to see that you didn’t close the linked servers, making vabbi a cheap t1 bandwagoner server. First with being linked to Deso and after that to FSP. But now that we are stuck to a bottom server, those bandwagoners are abandoning the sinking ship.

As much as I enjoyed my stay with FSP (not so much with deso) I tend to think that we will be linked with Deso again in 2 months and the cycle will repeat itself!

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Smartcat.2130

Smartcat.2130

And FA is still linked to SoR. Why? Our linking didn’t change at all.

define normal…

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Any match with JQ or DB sucks because if you sign on in the morning they own 95% of everything. I don’t mind being outnumbered but I don’t like not being able to play at certain hours of the day because there’s a megablob that defends anything you touch until enough people sign on to fight back. They will literally sit at the spawn in groups of 20+ and just push anyone off the map who tries to do anything about it and it’s lame.

I enjoy fighting against the odds, it’s why I never transfer to a winning server the times that I move. But there’s a point like what happens in the mornings that it’s not fun no matter how you slice it.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Our linked server feels even worse than before the linking when we were stuck in t9. Only good thing about t9 was that we had our name showing up. As we didn’t really had a community, I cant play that card.

It’s sad to see that you didn’t close the linked servers, making vabbi a cheap t1 bandwagoner server. First with being linked to Deso and after that to FSP. But now that we are stuck to a bottom server, those bandwagoners are abandoning the sinking ship.

As much as I enjoyed my stay with FSP (not so much with deso) I tend to think that we will be linked with Deso again in 2 months and the cycle will repeat itself!

You clearly deserved better than stinky Gunnar’s Hold. How dare they linking you with a bottom server while you truly belong into T1 (that’s why your server was that weak that it needed to be linked) – well alright then. Buy some gems and transfer up – problem solved.

ETA: And jfyi: The bandwagoners didn’t abandon you, they abandoned stinky GH. It’s rather easy to get another free account, a bot program to level your chars to 60 and hop into wvw. Those who want to bandwagon already have several free accounts.

(edited by Jana.6831)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Oh kitten, we’re back in T1 again ? ugh, pve for me for 2 months then.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

Can somebody from ArenaNet please explains what the logic is behind the server pairings? And put that explanation in every new world linking post? So we don’t have to ask the same questions every time!

Looking at the new pairings for EU I am baffled. For certain it has nothing to do with how well a server performed in the previous period. Because linking FSP with 2 other servers seems ridiculous. And why pair PS (my server) with another server? Yes, PS got outblobbed in the last matchup. But I don’t think linking PS with another server would help. This linking will only results in PS and Blacktide having a huge numbers advantage over many other servers (the three non-linked DE servers for example).

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Anrkides.4083

Anrkides.4083

This looks like Anet want destroy WvW, not save it….

Tethyx The Raider,
Necro Raiders [NR]
Gandarian, WvW player from born to death

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Can somebody from ArenaNet please explains what the logic is behind the server pairings? And put that explanation in every new world linking post? So we don’t have to ask the same questions every time!

Anet want communication but only on their terms they refuse to be transparent about decisions like these.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

cryokro.6270

You clearly deserved better than stinky Gunnar’s Hold. How dare they linking you with a bottom server while you truly belong into T1 (that’s why your server was that weak that it needed to be linked) – well alright then. Buy some gems and transfer up – problem solved.

ETA: And jfyi: The bandwagoners didn’t abandon you, they abandoned stinky GH. It’s rather easy to get another free account, a bot program to level your chars to 60 and hop into wvw. Those who want to bandwagon already have several free accounts.

I knew my comment would trigger the usual: buy gems and transfer off the server. Not to mention this comming from a stinking GH member.

I dont “truly” belong to a t1 server as you can read on my “I miss tier 9 post” that I posted before:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/I-miss-tier-9/first#post6147993

Just a slap in the face for original Vabbi members who seemed to enjoy the link with FSP (Great friendly people, open raids with organisation, prefer fighting over afking at spawn and complaing). But no, we get dumped back to bottom tier because of bandwagoning. But don’t worry, I wont be taking a place in your eb queue as that is no-existant!

Now excuse me while I run my bot to make a level 60 f2p account. LOL must be really paranoia to believe that.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jana.6831

I knew my comment would trigger the usual: buy gems and transfer off the server. Not to mention this comming from a stinking GH member.

I dont “truly” belong to a t1 server as you can read on my “I miss tier 9 post” that I posted before:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/I-miss-tier-9/first#post6147993

Just a slap in the face for original Vabbi members who seemed to enjoy the link with FSP (Great friendly people, open raids with organisation, prefer fighting over afking at spawn and complaing). But no, we get dumped back to bottom tier because of bandwagoning. But don’t worry, I wont be taking a place in your eb queue as that is no-existant!

Now excuse me while I run my bot to make a level 60 f2p account. LOL must be really paranoia to believe that.

I usually never read the post history of people, so sorry I missed your previous post in another thread.
And this comment still sounds like I took your first one and still pretty entitled.

ETA: Yes, those who bandwagon are pretty weird – and there’s enough bots out there – I actually know someone who levels his alts/free accounts this way – but yes, I’m paranoid.
I actually don’t care whether or not anyone takes a place in our queue, I just don’t like the general attitude of a lot of guest server players, like yours “First day I am on GH – bottom tier THEY SUCK! I DESERVE BETTER T1 was so much friendlier” Believe it or not: I liked my server better before the linking as well.

(edited by Jana.6831)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

cryokro.6270

First of all I’m not ON GH, I’m LINKED WITH GH playing wvw. If I would be ON GH, that would mean I used gems to transfer off Vabbi to you guys. If that was the case, I would use those GEMS to bandwagon to whatever server that is in t1 just like you suggested above!

Secondly, It’s not my first day ON GH (To use your words) but I have been on that server for atleast a year. Playing actively or not, it was my “home” server back then. I remember MM spamming LA, claiming to be the biggest guild of GH, and even that you guys used mumble. Some dude even went: OMG Cryo …. when I joked it about last night in EB mapchat.

I never claimed t1 servers to be more friendly than what t6? T9 servers were more friendly to be honest (apart from WSR, they are kitten :p ). Vabbi only seemed to have 2 rotten apples, 1 left for gandara and the other 1 went mia.

World linking could have been great but the way it was handled, we might have been better off with a full merge the first time we got linked.

P.S. I’m not even sure what you keep adding ETA’s and changing your posts but if you want to convience me how GH changed after I left, feel free to contact me ingame.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jana.6831

First of all I’m not ON GH, I’m LINKED WITH GH playing wvw. If I would be ON GH, that would mean I used gems to transfer off Vabbi to you guys. If that was the case, I would use those GEMS to bandwagon to whatever server that is in t1 just like you suggested above!

Secondly, It’s not my first day ON GH (To use your words) but I have been on that server for atleast a year. Playing actively or not, it was my “home” server back then. I remember MM spamming LA, claiming to be the biggest guild of GH, and even that you guys used mumble. Some dude even went: OMG Cryo …. when I joked it about last night in EB mapchat.

I never claimed t1 servers to be more friendly than what t6? T9 servers were more friendly to be honest (apart from WSR, they are kitten :p ). Vabbi only seemed to have 2 rotten apples, 1 left for gandara and the other 1 went mia.

World linking could have been great but the way it was handled, we might have been better off with a full merge the first time we got linked.

P.S. I’m not even sure what you keep adding ETA’s and changing your posts but if you want to convience me how GH changed after I left, feel free to contact me ingame.

“First day I’m a guest ON GH” better now?
Ok, so I see your problem is that you hold a grudge against some of the players and feel therefore entitled.
I add ETAs because it’s convenient to me. Anyway: I don’t want to convince you, my server is just not how it has been back in the day and I’m kind of sick of the entitlement and whining of the satelite servers. And you are a posterboy for that – that’s why I’m going full force against your posts.

I never claimed t1 servers to be more friendly than what t6?

Just a slap in the face for original Vabbi members who seemed to enjoy the link with FSP (Great friendly people, open raids with organisation, prefer fighting over afking at spawn and complaing). But no, we get dumped back to bottom tier because of bandwagoning.

T5

Yes, a merge would’ve been better – Problem with EU are the national servers.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Serious question here…

TC scored low becasue the server is hibernating. JQ is not. JQ is try Harding TC is taking a break… Thats why TC gets a link and JQ doesn’t. Smarter community working the system better.

I heard TW took the week off WvW to show you guys in TC just how much you need them to stay afloat. Judging from the score, they may be right. JQ, SEA wants to remain in T1, but doesn’t want NA getting more servers for some reason. We got a few more, but not enough.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

• Dragonbrand
• Blackgate
• Jade Quarry

Jade Quarry is full tho, and when it is SEA prime, the whole map turn JQ favor… Maybe if JQ had more NA and less asians, it would have a better time in T1.

Transfering out of T1 is 500gems and you have several choices. Besides, to go back to your own server is 500gems, which you can easily gather in 2 months.

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Loken.7684

Loken.7684

Still no communication about this clear mistake.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

• Dragonbrand
• Blackgate
• Jade Quarry

An month or so ago, in another thread, one jqer was complaining about the exact same thing and I told him that if you cut down your SEA, you can increase your NA but no, he argued that if the artifical cap is removed they can recover their NA. Now, it is removed and what? It is the same old thing. The root of the problem is that JQ has overstacked one of their timezones and now your other timezone are suffering the consequences. This is a JQ’s problem, most of it is caused by your very own JQ’s sponsors with their policy to stack off hours without a single care towards other timezones. What anet see in their data is that you have that numbers but your numbers is concentrated on one area, it is not their problem and they cannot afford to increase your cap without the risk that your server again stacking more in that area. Wake up.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Transfering out of T1 is 500gems and you have several choices. Besides, to go back to your own server is 500gems, which you can easily gather in 2 months.

Don’t worry, I’m fine, got an EU account I can play on in worst case, but honestly I just don’t play enough WvW these days to make it worth transferring, it is really less problematic for me to just skip it 2 months :p

Sad, I know. But been too busy with real life and a few other games lately to play much anyways. And I only play WvW when I can gather the guild together anyways, which is like herding cats.

I can afford to transfer if I want to, but I just don’t think it is worth the hazzle for how little I’m going to be playing if I don’t play with guildies.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Serious question here…

Just because a server is playing in T2 doesn’t mean they’re a T2 server. There’s a random chance of being put into a T2 matchup if the glico is close enough. What tier your server is has to do with your total glico score, not what tier you’re currently fighting in.

Amazed so many people, after all this time, still don’t get this.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Jade Quarry is full tho, and when it is SEA prime, the whole map turn JQ favor… Maybe if JQ had more NA and less asians, it would have a better time in T1.

An month or so ago, in another thread, one jqer was complaining about the exact same thing and I told him that if you cut down your SEA, you can increase your NA

JQs SEA is now smaller than BGs and DBs, it may be potentially larger but I doubt many who don’t play any more are coming back. So if JQ destacks it would leave T1 with only 2 servers able to compete at all. Never mind the fact that forcing players/guilds to leave is clearly a ridiculous proposition.

What anet see in their data is that you have that numbers but your numbers is concentrated on one area, it is not their problem and they cannot afford to increase your cap without the risk that your server again stacking more in that area. Wake up.

Where was I asking for a cap increase? I’m saying JQ should be linked, Anet are clearly making linking decisions on a more reasoned basis than simply blindly looking at metrics.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jana.6831

Yes it took me a while: Just realized that we have 3 servers less on EU.
I know I was right all along, but I never wanted to be right in this case: What’s the plan anet? Merge until only 3 servers are left?

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

For Player Driven Match-Ups…wouldn’t it be better to allow players to pick who they want to fight using your Guesting Mechanic?

For those not familiar with this already built-in Game Mechanic:

Next time you logon – Click [ World Selection ] Button – Pick a Different Home World – Click [ Guest ] Button.

Then, ANet would easily Control & Balance the Match-Ups by adjusting the number of Servers that players can Guest Fight visit for the week.

ANet wouldn’t need to Manually post pairings for World Linking, or Manually adjust Glicko…imho

For a Better Long Term Solution to WvW – Google Search – wvg world vs globes

(edited by Diku.2546)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

For Player Driven Match-Ups…wouldn’t it be better to allow players to pick who they want to fight using your Guesting Mechanic?

No… Remember when transfers were free? That was a time when players could choose who they would fight and they decided to just stack servers for easy wins.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Diku.2546

No… Remember when transfers were free? That was a time when players could choose who they would fight and they decided to just stack servers for easy wins.

I think you’re misunderstanding what I’m suggesting.

I’m suggesting a complete King of the Hill fight model…which is different from the Fixed 3 Way Match-Ups that are locked into Tiers.

Players can Guest Fight visit any World Server to fight on.

Critical part…that you trimmed out:

Then, ANet would easily Control & Balance the Match-Ups by adjusting the number of Servers that players can Guest Fight visit for the week.

ANet could adjust the number to 1 Guest Fight server.

Players would then only be able to visit & fight on 1 Server for the week…in this Complete King of the Hill fight model.

(edited by Diku.2546)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jana.6831

I think it would be best to finally balance the professions, add some more stacks of stability, unravel the servers, merge the lower tier servers with each other and then leave the mode alone. All this “lets try this and that” is just killing everything even faster. And I know my server will be next.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

An month or so ago, in another thread, one jqer was complaining about the exact same thing and I told him that if you cut down your SEA, you can increase your NA

JQs SEA is now smaller than BGs and DBs, it may be potentially larger but I doubt many who don’t play any more are coming back. So if JQ destacks it would leave T1 with only 2 servers able to compete at all. Never mind the fact that forcing players/guilds to leave is clearly a ridiculous proposition.

What anet see in their data is that you have that numbers but your numbers is concentrated on one area, it is not their problem and they cannot afford to increase your cap without the risk that your server again stacking more in that area. Wake up.

Where was I asking for a cap increase? I’m saying JQ should be linked, Anet are clearly making linking decisions on a more reasoned basis than simply blindly looking at metrics.

A lot of people often misunderstand one thing, SEA population doesn’t mean it include the early NA/EU players, it literally means people from SEA. You might think DB and BG are “bigger” but in reality, it just include their NA/EU players who play much more often. That is literally how most servers function, prime time help to maintain their off hours via players who willing to wake up early to play.

That is not the case of JQ, JQ is literally stacked in SEA and your SEA is not the kind that will wake up in the morning to play unlike the NA/EU people or are they the kind of people who will do wvw when their guilds aren’t raiding. It is not BG/DB bigger, is just JQ is casual but being casual doesn’t mean it isn’t stack, being causal doesn’t mean it isn’t big, being casual doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be full, being casual doesn’t mean it should be linked. Fundamentally, the population is there, there is no excuse, there is no justification.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Diku.2546

The WvW Universe in my opinion is shrinking.

The Lower Tier Ecosystem that once fed the Upper Tiers are being “dumped” into the bigger pond on a fixed schedule.

It’s like dumping the small fry tank…into the big tank…all at once…for the benefit of feeding the big tank.

The area to lure PvE players into WvW and get them acclimated to semi-PvP has been reduced…because most Veteran WvW players have chosen to abandon their Guest Server & migrate to a Host Server, or quit playing.

It’s these Community of Veteran WvW players that would have helped to lure & teach noob PvE players…are simply…gone…or reduced in number…on all Guest World Servers.

Lower Tier WvW Communities that somehow managed to survive are slowly drying up in this climate of change that only seeks to pool players to create the illusion of full worlds fighting each other.

Do we keep pooling players together until we’re only left with 3 Host Worlds in the end?

I’d rather see a Long Term Solution that favors building Community.

The current direction of all these changes in WvW are destroying Core Communities without an end in sight…from my perspective.

As a Guest Server player…I can say the feeling of Community is gone…and it’s sad to feel this way.

World Linking is destroying the Natural WvW Ecosystem that managed to survive up until a few months ago…imho

(edited by Diku.2546)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

morrolan.9608

A lot of people often misunderstand one thing, SEA population doesn’t mean it include the early NA/EU players, it literally means people from SEA. You might think DB and BG are “bigger” but in reality, it just include their NA/EU players who play much more often. That is literally how most servers function, prime time help to maintain their off hours via players who willing to wake up early to play.

Given you’re from HOD and have not fought any of the servers involved for a long time you know nothing about it. DB have a long established resident sea population and BG being BG have always attracted guilds.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Kurowolfe.7396

Kurowolfe.7396

Aigh, I guess you can’t please everyone and anyone with whatever you do. All this T1 and Europe servers complaints, and I’m here wondering why DH is still dead last in the NA servers even with the new pairings. Guess DH just sucks at/really doesn’t have enough people in WvW (probably the latter). Our server is cursed to doom anyone who are unlucky enough to be paired with us, woo~

I’ll have to retract my statements in the other threads that WvW needs more balanced matchups, because with whatever the servers themselves are doing and the inherent nature of the high-low population servers, balance is impossible. Players will work out a way to keep things leaning in their favor, no matter what is being done about it (even if the actions are questionable at times). This is the reality of WvW, just gotta accept it and move on