Posted by: MindWipe.3028

MindWipe.3028

These kind of changes is why i quit this game. TY kitten DEVS DUDUDUDU

World vs World Holiday Sneak Peek

in WvW

Posted by: kathy.8291

kathy.8291

bold Totally agree with you. This is getting out of hand with these changes. I honestly dont believe they talk to people who actually play WvW and they are just assuming the changes would be worth while.

in WvW

Posted by: Metalfiiish.3825

Metalfiiish.3825

First post on forums ever but had to ensure there was enough positive vibes to ensure you are not discouraged by the toxic vibe a select few are throwing in here.

All these changes make sense and are worth committing. Don’t let the new breed of toxic player base stop you from working with this community to tweak the game.

As someone who’s played this game since release for only WvW and PvP I appreciate hearing you guys mention caring about something besides PVE. Thanks!

in WvW

Posted by: Rocketmist.5436

Rocketmist.5436

Before the last couple of weeks there were actually a ton of QoL improvements in WvW and I was pretty excited that things were getting better quicker, with presumably more IT people working for the wvw team. Small updates like being able to invite people from your guild menu to your squad were actually being fixed.

However, the last 3-4 weeks it seems like things have only gotten worse. In the entire big patch that came out, it was disappointing to see only 3 small line items about wvw. Doylaks are buggier than ever, hardened gates unkillable by alphas, seige disappearing, tower walls still super buggy, being unable to change commander tag color while tagged, the middle event still takes like 25 power cores…

Lets just say when your running through a solid wall, it gets old after a month. I want to see some of these obvious fixes fixed asap before anything new comes out. The new changes listed above are good, I just want to see that rate of changes every week, not every 1-2 months.

[TL] Guild Leader, Sea of Sorrows, SoS Council

in WvW

Posted by: Babytater.6803

Babytater.6803

bold Totally agree with you. This is getting out of hand with these changes. I honestly dont believe they talk to people who actually play WvW and they are just assuming the changes would be worth while.

kathy… stop being a debbie downer. This is a wonderful change to how it currently is and as an update to WvW as a whole. Be happy that we got a response and some change. Be excited. Discouraging mindless blob k-trains is a good thing. And being able to rally one guy from one down is good. And not being able to res in combat is a good thing so that we can finish battles.

in WvW

Posted by: Peterson.8345

Peterson.8345

+1 anet step in a good direction

in WvW

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

in WvW

Posted by: Mal.1670

Mal.1670

These changes sound like a great start. Thanks for sharing this with us.

in WvW

Posted by: kathy.8291

kathy.8291

no 1. I am not a newcomer to WvW thereforeI dont mind the less supply for cata and such, but i do mind you cant res while in combat. I do mind this Alliance theory coming out because they are already setting up alliance guilds which will not benefit the unpopulated servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Brazzi.2045

Brazzi.2045

I think this is 1st wvw update ewer that I agree 100% with , keep it up and wvw will rise from the ashes!

in WvW

Posted by: Slomoshun.6317

Slomoshun.6317

• Points per kill will be turned on and kept on. This is to more directly recognize the contribution that fighting other players adds to the success of the world.

I’m torn between this.

I think this is going to further promote the “what we lack in skill we make up for in numbers” map pin blob mentality that’s plaguing some of the T1 and T2 servers atm.

in WvW

Posted by: henchmen.1856

henchmen.1856

I’m torn between this.

I think this is going to further promote the “what we lack in skill we make up for in numbers” map pin blob mentality that’s plaguing some of the T1 and T2 servers atm.

atm? atm? It’s been like that for years. Whether people blob has nothing to do with ppk or ppt.

in WvW

Posted by: BadNYDracula.8413

BadNYDracula.8413

Good changes for the start but the Upgrades should still have a Player that starts it, so that the Dolyak counts for a Upgrade. Or the stuff will upgrade when a server has no players online that kills Dolyaks, so let a player confirm the update when enough Dolyaks came to the tower for the update.

in WvW

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

The only thing the proposed changes tell me, is that they’ve dug their heals in regarding the new BL’s.

If they still think that the new PvE — oops, I mean WvW-- BL’s are salvageable, then I’m not optimistic…..

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I am not opposed to giving out criticism when I feel it is due, and have done so on many occasions. Honesty though I feel these changes are all for the better, or at very least worth testing.

Not rezzing in combat may seem like a problem, but it makes players more careful where they are standing and possible even make them rethink their gear. I would like to see them readdress the stability issues so as to put the pirate ship meta in check, but for now AT LEAST they are communicating with US.

in WvW

Posted by: Fellfoot.8156

Fellfoot.8156

1. Completely irrelevant as long as you have this:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/EBG-Blue-Keep-siege-tip-AUTO-UPGRADE/5863383

2. Ok with that.

3. lol. I already don’t give a kitten if I die. Do you realize what will happen, though. People on server X who have an acct on server Y will log into server Y and just die die die die die die die…. they already do it to kill golems left at spawn and keeps… lol, are you going to police this 24/7? Yeah, I didn’t think so.

4. lol. Messing with this at this time under these conditions in WvW is a mistake. You may frustrate even more people out of WvW with this.

Edit: What you seriously need before making any changes is a group of “devil’s advocates” to put the worst case scenarios on the table. Maybe you’re already doing that, but it doesn’t sound like it to me.

Edit 2: Almost forgot, thanks for sharing. It’s very much appreciated.

[AIR] Henge of Denravi aka Pink Abu, [BAMA] RollTide
chopping wood one day, dropped a piece,
all I could say was, “…fell…foot…”

(edited by Fellfoot.8156)

in WvW

Posted by: Funkmachine.9815

Funkmachine.9815

I think this is a great idea, it’ll lessen the gap between pugs and organized groups because most organized groups hate pugs because of the severe penalty of rally bait. Also, i think it generally makes the fights more fair.

“The number of players who can rally off a single kill has been reduced from five to one. Players will also no longer be able to revive defeated players while in combat. You still will be able to revive downed players while in combat. Both of these changes are designed to help fights resolve and to give smaller, more skilled groups a better chance against larger groups.”

in WvW

Slomoshun.6317

I’m torn between this.

atm? atm? It’s been like that for years. Whether people blob has nothing to do with ppk or ppt.

I thought it was obvious but the reason I phrased it like that is because not even a year ago a guild group of 25-30 could have wiped an 80 man map blob. With today’s elite specs, revenant, the STUPID stab change from last year, damage increases, and even player awareness it’s nearly impossible for a medium guild to take on that many people unless you go to EOTM where everyone is PVEing/Pretend PVPing. These large groups run a very small melee train and the rest is just backline bombardiers that surround you then wipe you. Maybe the new rally mechanic will help out a bit but that’s to be seen.

Edit: Dunno why it dbl posted : /

(edited by Slomoshun.6317)

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

With regards to points per kill, is there a cap or time limit based on the player killed?

Probably not a huge deal but how will this factor in to server, wall clock coverage, and other population issues? I seem to recall DaOC having to implement realm points based on player time between deaths or something along those lines.

Maybe not a issue, figured I’d throw it out there though for discussion.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in WvW

Posted by: Gigiobalt.7625

Gigiobalt.7625

First post on forums ever but had to ensure there was enough positive vibes to ensure you are not discouraged by the toxic vibe a select few are throwing in here.

All these changes make sense and are worth committing. Don’t let the new breed of toxic player base stop you from working with this community to tweak the game.

As someone who’s played this game since release for only WvW and PvP I appreciate hearing you guys mention caring about something besides PVE. Thanks!

Thanks for bringing these changes up for feedback, before releasing them. The majority of the WvW community is grateful for it, its a good step in the right direction. The changes in support of smaller groups was really needed and might help making the new maps less desertly populated…

PPK is a really good change. Should never been removed from WvW. Any type of support to the fighting side of WvW is really appreciated. Same for the downed state cap reduced.

Some people brought a lot of good thoughts here, that would definitely be worth having a deep look into it, and trying to get it to work in a better and more fun way during fights, without being unbalanced. Keeping it short:
- Stability Stacks
- Boons Removal determined by RNG
- Siege Cap/Abuse
- Guild Buffs (in the future, when more guilds gets higher lvls, some buffs might become abusive)
- Pirate Ship meta isnt fun
- REWARDS
^ emphasis on this last one. Good rewards, based on player efforts and skill, are the real motivation on any game mode, and so far, after 3 years we still get blues and greens and a really low chance of ascended armor that can be obtained by many other ways.
Across the time, ANet improved their rewarding system for both PvE and PvP game types, but done nothing about WvW. That said, you gotta keep in mind that rewarding system in WvW needs to be very well designed, to avoid the exploit and “grind mentality” of players from another game modes, coming just for the rewards and not caring to participate on the real WvW experience.

Anyway, thanks again ANet, Gaile Gray and Reyana.. Keep it up, listen to the good feedback

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Question for bullet #4
Is the person who rallies the one who does the most damage?

All really good changes. Thank you, hope to see more of these positive vibes come from you guys, man.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Huyzee.4013

Huyzee.4013

In my opinion, nerfing 5 rally to 1 rally is pointless. If I can only get 1 rally off you might as well disable rally altogether. That’s such a HUGGGEEEE nerf considering as a commander you’re in the frontline and you’re going to need the support of the rest of your group composition to down and break enemy lines while you barrage through. Those multiple rallies are important for commanders to tag, bag, and rally off of if he gets downed.

I would rather see a 5 to 3 nerf AT THE MOST. Seeing that we can only rally once AND if we’re full dead, we can’t get power rezzed I’m sorry to say this but we’ll be seeing a TON more P-O-O-S-Y plays coming from all sides.

What I can see happening is this:

- Commander calls for a stack and push.
- Commander pushes but rallies once and dies. Cannot power rezz.
- No commander to hold zerg together. Zerg dispatches.

or

-Commander calls for a stack and push.
-Commander doesn’t push but stays in the backline for fear of death.
-Rallies once and decides to run back to wait for death decay to be removed and re-engage.

or

-Commander calls for stack and push.
-Enemy commander rallies once and dies.
-Fight dissolves pretty fast.

in WvW

Posted by: keelhaul.8039

keelhaul.8039

Thanks Reya

Message Body length must at least be 15.

[OnS] Carpal Tunnel – Ele
[OnS] C A R P A L – Norn Guardian Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

We also wanted to express our thanks to Reyana and the commanders she has been talking with in her World vs World Commander Interview series. Reyana is a dedicated member of the WvW community and a WvW streamer. She has brought together a diverse group of community leaders to constructively share different perspectives on how they play with their guilds, and our team has taken a lot of the commanders’ feedback to heart. Reyana has put a lot of effort into organizing these interviews and we want everyone to know that the efforts that she and the commanders made have been greatly appreciated.

Not to, uh, kitten in anyone’s breakfast here (and I do really appreciate what Reyana is doing. It’s a big undertaking and it’s likely the only way we’re going to see appropriate forms of feedback to Anet about WvW) but the “diverse group of commanders” part is pretty funny. I haven’t watched many of the interviews, but I’ve stopped in to see a few and there has been 1 (to my knowledge) commander from anywhere other than tiers 1 and 2 of NA. Maybe I’m missing one or two more, but the sample of commanders she’s collecting is heavily weighted towards blob vs blob fights. The majority of the commanders she interviews (despite their assurances otherwise if you talk to any of them) prefer to run in groups of 25+ people. That’s not the wvw a lot of us enjoy. That’s not the wvw a lot of us outside of t1 and 2 can do.

I’ll say it again, great work on getting this started, Reyana, but the group of commanders is almost surely not diverse and not representative.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Jaytee.9513

Jaytee.9513

Rallying from from kills should be a buff given to outmanned servers as well as increased supply carrying capabilities…..

How to determine who is an outmanned server?

Look at over all PPT scores apply accordingly. A server loosing by a large margin is definitely undermanned and should get this boost to try and even the odds, its funny how the developer has not instilled any population balancing system to create more even matches……

It to me is the main issue with this game and all other things would fall into place if they can get a grip on this issue.

in WvW

Posted by: sirjarros.4107

sirjarros.4107

Wow! Really good, small changes that might (or might not) have much larger impacts. I’m excited about each one and think they’re a start in the right direction. A few questions/comments.

• Objectives upgrades will no longer be automatic based on time. They will upgrade based on dolyaks that reach them. Smaller groups can now prevent an objective from upgrading by preventing dolyaks from reaching that objective.

Question: What about camps? This mentioned nothing about camps. Will they still upgrade automatically over time? If so, that is potentially still problematic. For example: prior to HoT, while roaming alone, I could solo a whole camp quite quickly, but only if it wasn’t fully upgraded. After HoT, since I am on a low WvW population server, and due to the auto-updating, most camps are fully upgraded, making solo capping alot slower and harder.

Suggestion: Have camps upgrade based on dolyaks successfully reaching their destination. Then the value of dolyaks in your original change above increases even further, and solo/small roaming groups once again have distinct and definitive value.

• Supply cost for all catapults are being reduced by ten supply. The layout of the Desert Borderlands map has increased the number of catapults required to take some objectives. We agree with your feedback that also increasing the cost of catapults pushed the balance too far towards defense so we are tuning that more towards offense.

Thank you! Love this change. Once again a 3-man roaming party will be able to fully build one guild or regular catapult. Especially since we’ve been robbed of our +5 supply buff.

• Points per kill will be turned on and kept on. This is to more directly recognize the contribution that fighting other players adds to the success of the world.

I never had an issue with this, since I run a small 5-7 man roaming guild. However, it is a fair and valuable change that I know many of the WvW guilds on my server will really appreciate. The main point here — if you kill someone or are killed, your death matters to the overall success of the match up.

• The number of players who can rally off a single kill has been reduced from five to one. Players will also no longer be able to revive defeated players while in combat. You still will be able to revive downed players while in combat. Both of these changes are designed to help fights resolve and to give smaller, more skilled groups a better chance against larger groups.

When I first read this, I didn’t like it because it is such a huge departure from how it is in PvE (unsure how it is in PvP). But then a friend commented that the change to rallying off a kill creates a fair and balanced playing field. One rally for one kill. This will indeed change the nature of fights, eliminate worries about uplevels being rallybots and the wild and erratic changes to how many foes, or allies, are in the fight at any given time.

Question: What about stealth rezzes from fully downed? For small roaming groups with 1 or more thief, a stealth rez has been a vital part of game play and group composition. Will thieves need to be out of combat to perform such rezzes once this change is made?

(edited by sirjarros.4107)

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.1549

Spartacus.1549

Wait… my kills will matter now?
Release this update “yesterday” i say. Finally a step in the right direction! TY Anet.

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

Basing the upgrades solely on yaks might work out once guilds get yak upgrades running more consistently. It’s really, really annoying when 2-5 people can deny yaks over pretty much the whole map, though. I suppose that’s more of a player issue, though…people don’t like defending camps. Perhaps if the contribution of camps to PPT wasn’t so hidden…

Catapults really didn’t need their supply cost dropped but it isn’t the end of the world either. This change should go on hold until the proxy catapult issue is remedied, though. When the safest place to put a catapult is right up against the wall, it saps all of the fun out of the siege on both ends.

Raw PPK is going to discourage fights and encourage yelling at players who are new or running outside of an organized guild. Also, if one group is better at open field fighting than most, they’re going to see their opponents turning tail to flee over and over. However, since I doubt I can convince anyone of how awful this will be, can we at least move it to points on stake? It won’t solve most of the problems but it at least allows for a bit of recourse.

I’m not sure how the rally changes will go but it seems like a good thing. I’m usually not in the heart of the zerg fights so it’s not really my area of expertise.

At any rate, this is the sort of communication I thought was going to be routine after HoT. It is more than welcome~

in WvW

Posted by: Dipdoo.4861

Dipdoo.4861

I absolutely LOVE this plan, please, for the love of all that is good in this world, give us this update.

-Sincerely, someone who enjoys fighting over Puh Puh Teh.

Big Cat Dipdoo ~ Warrior, Caeda Ripstep ~ Revenant, Braum Has Arrived ~ Guardian [SQD]
“It’s time to Rim Ram their Jim Jams.”

in WvW

Posted by: Forbes.1569

Forbes.1569

These changes look great. My guild is looking forward to knowing what else is to come!

in WvW

Posted by: Forbes.1569

Forbes.1569

It looks like WVW is going in the right direction! Lets hope the rest of the updates continue this trend. Cheers

in WvW

Posted by: sirjarros.4107

sirjarros.4107

Oh, one other thing:

FIX or remove the scribe gating for WvW unlocked War Room upgrades.

I run a small 7-9 active player guild. We have 2 players working on scribing. We have unlocked a number of War Room upgrades. But because scribing is so poorly designed and challenging to level (I am at 55, the other is at 76) we have no way to reproduce ANY of these items except the supply drop. Why put us through the paces of unlocking an upgrade we can’t even reproduce?? This is just ridiculous.

If you want players to learn how to use the claiming upgrades, so you can see whether they are of value, strategically sound or horribly broken, then make them more accessible than is currently allowed.

P.S. Scribing is the worst crafting I’ve ever seen. It’s expensive, complicated, imbalanced and honestly, no fun, non-compelling and incredibly infuriating. Every time I try to scribe, I get about 5 points into it, then throw my arms up in frustration and exclaim that I will wait for the next nerf. I hate it.

(edited by sirjarros.4107)

in WvW

Soon.5240

Rallying from from kills should be a buff given to outmanned servers as well as increased supply carrying capabilities…..

Look at over all PPT scores apply accordingly. A server loosing by a large margin is definitely undermanned and should get this boost to try and even the odds, its funny how the developer has not instilled any population balancing system to create more even matches……

It to me is the main issue with this game and all other things would fall into place if they can get a grip on this issue.

Yup. This is THE issue. Until it is addressed, WvW will remain frustrating.

As I’ve said to my Guild, I’d rather lose by 1,000 then win by 100,000.

in WvW

Posted by: Fellfoot.8156

Fellfoot.8156

Suggestion: Have camps upgrade based on dolyaks successfully reaching their destination. Then the value of dolyaks in your original change above increases even further

That is an excellent suggestion. +87,000,000.

I completely agree with you on the whole scribing issue. Initially I was excited there was going to be a new one to max out. Then I started looking at it closer. Then I laughed, then I felt pity for those that will take on such torture, then I was horrified because it was necessary for WvW…

[AIR] Henge of Denravi aka Pink Abu, [BAMA] RollTide
chopping wood one day, dropped a piece,
all I could say was, “…fell…foot…”

(edited by Fellfoot.8156)

in WvW

Posted by: Draeyon.4392

Draeyon.4392

Those look like some good changes.
If one of the devs is reading this thread, a suggestion.
Can you make upgrades not autostart?
Keep them free but make it so someone has to actually talk to an npc to kick off the next upgrade.
Would go a long way along with the dolyak change so a server doesnt get free upgrades for doing nothing.

in WvW

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Those look like some good changes.
If one of the devs is reading this thread, a suggestion.
Can you make upgrades not autostart?
Keep them free but make it so someone has to actually talk to an npc to kick off the next upgrade.
Would go a long way along with the dolyak change so a server doesnt get free upgrades for doing nothing.

This, but also make them select-able upgrades. Removing strategic choice is bad.

in WvW

Posted by: Draeyon.4392

Draeyon.4392

Yup. This is THE issue. Until it is addressed, WvW will remain frustrating.

As I’ve said to my Guild, I’d rather lose by 1,000 then win by 100,000.

They should have the outmanned buff for servers that are lacking like before and have a hidden buff that no one can see for a server that is outmanning everyone. The people with the outmanned buff only rally 1 person but the people with the hidden buff rally more (3-5 people maybe).

in WvW

Posted by: Allisondellue.4683

Allisondellue.4683

I don’t really like this “Can’t res in combat” change. You say it’s to give small groups a better chance against bigger groups, but at the same time, it severely hinders the small group. As a thief in wvw, I tend to stealth and go to res people while the larger group is distracted. And since I only go with my guild (5 people at most) if even one of them in dead permanently for the fight it is very hard to fight back.

I also see this as a problem when we are trying to attack towers and castles as a small group since this means the guards will also hinder our ability to res, which will slow down the process even if the keeper of the keep isn’t there to defend. This could lead to our fallen member being forcibly pushed back to spawn and running back. So we basically wasted time trying to res a member who is critical for taking down the champ and now have to wait around until he gets back before we can do anything further (especially if we’re not maxed on supply capacity so we’ll need to do extra supply runs while we wait)

The catapult update doesn’t really affect me. Since both walls and gates now get to fortified, I always choose gates over wall. Particularly since some walls just can’t be cleaved but a gate can.

The rally restrictions seems really extreme to me for similar reasons as the no-res-in-combat. Especially since you took away the fact that we can rally from dolly’s and quartermasters.

Question about the non-automatic upgrades. How will this affect guild missions? It’s difficult enough for some non-wvw guilds to come in and do Cap-and-Keep missions on large objectives like castles during reset nights. Having that the keep being restricted to dolly’s more heavily might lead to more PvE complainers. (And since I assist a pve guild with their wvw missions, it will not make my Saturdays very pleasant.)

in WvW

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Well if the balance in the game was settled, these changes would be great. Except the ressimg part, it needs a clarification whether or not getting attack and cancellation of res is used.

However with the latest pvp problems I think these changes will force bunker meta into wvw. And the difference between new and core specs will be a huge issue. Also player numbers and mega blobs vs smaller zergs will be back.

All in all these changes were made with good intentions and should be reviewed and criticised with the same attitude.

in WvW

Posted by: Tiru.5760

Tiru.5760

Especially now with less Rallying…. with this amount of overall dmg and lack of stability melees will slowly dissapear completely…

- Overall 30-40% dmg Reduction in WvW (!)

- Stabilitychanges will be reverted

Make this and fights will be fun and long again… thank you.

Leader of Almost Harmless [AH] @Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

I think another solution to the rez change would be to have a type of “defeated penalty” on players similar to how their is a downed penalty. This would prevent rezzes in time increments, for example a fully dead player can be rezzed normally the first time they die, then only after a minute the second time etc etc. Preventing any kind of rez during a fight is to restrictive a barrier, even though I would find this very helpful because I am constantly fighting brainless blobs that just quick rez their dead, this change would just be to much of a barrier.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

• Supply cost for all catapults are being reduced by ten supply. The layout of the Desert Borderlands map has increased the number of catapults required to take some objectives. We agree with your feedback that also increasing the cost of catapults pushed the balance too far towards defense so we are tuning that more towards offense.

So this means you won’t be deleting the new BL. So you haven’t been listening because 95% of WvW’s fail right now is the new BL.

in WvW

Slomoshun.6317

In my opinion, nerfing 5 rally to 1 rally is pointless. If I can only get 1 rally off you might as well disable rally altogether. That’s such a HUGGGEEEE nerf considering as a commander you’re in the frontline and you’re going to need the support of the rest of your group composition to down and break enemy lines while you barrage through. Those multiple rallies are important for commanders to tag, bag, and rally off of if he gets downed.

It remains to be seen so I wouldn’t go full negative yet. But my guess is this is going to hurt one group of players for the most part and that’s large blobs. If that’s how you play then I have no sympathy for you. That type of fighting style needs to die and this, hopefully, is one step forward in that direction. Running map pins was fun years ago but it’s a different game now and a lot of 20-30man guilds like WvW but get sick of the enemy commander showing up with 70-80 talent-less peons to spam auto attack on them. Much Skill Many Wows. You could say, “then run larger numbers”. No we refuse to blob, it’s not fun for us, we like a realistic challenge and today 25vs 80 isn’t realistic(25vs50 is about the max). The next option if this isn’t changed is we stop playing and there goes a very large portion of Anets WvW player-base.

The majority of the commanders she interviews (despite their assurances otherwise if you talk to any of them) prefer to run in groups of 25+ people. That’s not the wvw a lot of us enjoy. That’s not the wvw a lot of us outside of t1 and 2 can do.

Couple points.
T1/T2 NA outnumber pretty much any other tier group combined. If you’re going to get your info on how to fix WvW that’s where you ask. I do agree it wouldn’t hurt to collect info from lower tiers and other timezones to kind of find a balance and see where things differ.

25-30 vs 25-30(even numbers scenario)is many peoples sweet spot for fights in WvW. Any more than that and it gets laggy. WvW is meant for large scale fights, it’s not designed around small roaming groups taking camps, occasional towers and the off peak hour Keep or SM. That said, I don’t condone 80man blobs running on the same pin just spamming auto attack on any enemy they see. It’s pathetic and lacks all skill. We need to be able to have large fights but we also need to be able to punish the baddies that run these map blobs.

in WvW

Posted by: Cake.4920

Cake.4920

tl;dr I like the changes, go ahead with them, but they could be better

• Objectives upgrades will no longer be automatic based on time. They will upgrade based on dolyaks that reach them. Smaller groups can now prevent an objective from upgrading by preventing dolyaks from reaching that objective.

The main problem right now with upgrades is that yaks or not, they upgrade way too darn quick. I hope this change also makes it take longer for upgrades to complete, because in most servers its pretty easy to find a one or two hour window where there are no attackers and everything gets upgraded quickly. Also, increase the range of the dolyak protection buff. You pretty much have to stand ontop of the yak, which makes it hard to fight players, and dolyaks absolutely need this buff if they want any chance of surviving a fight.

Before HoT, walls upgraded before gates, and gates couldn’t be fortified, providing a reason to attack gates instead of walls. Now, walls and gates upgrade at the same time, so the risk/reward ratio for attacking a gate instead of a wall was pretty poor, and this will make it even worse. While I like the idea of lowering supply needed for catapults, something needs to be done to incentivize attacking gates again, whether it be a supply cost reduction to rams or HP reduction on fortified gates.

PPK helps equalize coverage, and discourages graveyard zerging, which is great. The only downside is that holding towers becomes useless in the grand scheme of things, as they give very low PPT and unlike keeps, can’t have a waypoint. But this can be remedied later.

• The number of players who can rally off a single kill has been reduced from five to one. Both of these changes are designed to help fights resolve and to give smaller, more skilled groups a better chance against larger groups.

Great change, but bad reasoning. Rally is a mechanic that favors snowballing, and mid sized groups need to snowball in order to beat large groups. However, in about equal numbered fights, this is a great change that promotes skill, diversity, and prevents one bad player from rallying 5 enemies. Currently, most zerg fights end with one side completely snowballing off a few rallies, and win with only a couple causalities, even if they were equal numbers/skill, and this should fix that. This isn’t that big of a nerf to skill groups, and they should be able to find a way to play around this.

Players will also no longer be able to revive defeated players while in combat. You still will be able to revive downed players while in combat.

This is good. Skilled players shouldn’t be needing in-combat hard rezzes. If your commander gets pin sniped, you should have a backup commander or be able to function w/o one. Skilled, organized play should be rewarded, and if you run around like headless chickens because your pin got sniped, you aren’t skilled or organized.

That being said, I’d like it to be harder to pinsnipe, my suggestion would be to make it harder to find the enemy pin by hiding wvw ranks from enemies, and making tonics (similar to the AC ghost one) buyable with badges.

(edited by Cake.4920)

in WvW

Posted by: Visiroth.5914

Visiroth.5914

“Players will also no longer be able to revive defeated players while in combat.”

Been waiting 3 years for this, finally!

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

Thank you A-Net for showing us that you are listening! I am in favor of all these changes however I do feel upgrades still should have a “human” element of some kind.

CCCP….

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

The rally change is interesting and makes blob busting more feasible.
The res in combat change is debatable, while to some it might seems like unfavorable for smaller zerg but to some it is unfavorable to bigger zerg. A bigger zerg will always have a higher chance of ressing a dead than a smaller zerg so I believe it affect the bigger zerg more than the smaller zerg.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Soon.5240

So this means you won’t be deleting the new BL. So you haven’t been listening because 95% of WvW’s fail right now is the new BL.

+1
They are dug into the new BL’s like ticks. They won’t admit that they are a fail.

They don’t want WvW to overshadow their precious PvP Esport, so WvW will always be kitten.

(edited by Soon.5240)

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Auto-upgrades are still a problem, imagine when you have no-one to snipe camps, nevermind take back their border/map; which are fully upgraded due to them being automatically upgraded, then you manage to gather a group to try to cap something back, but by the time they’re ready, the keeps/towers/camps are T2/T3 without anyone being there to trigger an upgrade.

There is still, no real point in playing to cap structures right now, the objective taking game is dull, also at least strategic PPT, doesn’t exist (it’s usually PvD), so PPK is a step in the right direction IMO.

And also, internet famous person interviews WvW commanders and suddenly they care? I think it says everything, about what they think about the WvW community, even those who gave constructive feedback, I think all they care about, is good PR really.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Cake.4920

Cake.4920

Is there anything that can let soloplayers directly help their server win without finding another group?

Currently, its actually most efficient to gain points solo. Just by flipping camps, killing yaks, and killing enemy solo players, you are doing quite a lot for your server. The problem is that while solo, you only see your solo contributions, while in a zerg you see the entire zerg’s contributions.

Question: What about camps? This mentioned nothing about camps. Will they still upgrade automatically over time? If so, that is potentially still problematic. For example: prior to HoT, while roaming alone, I could solo a whole camp quite quickly, but only if it wasn’t fully upgraded. After HoT, since I am on a low WvW population server, and due to the auto-updating, most camps are fully upgraded, making solo capping alot slower and harder.

Honestly, I think camps took a nerf after HoT. Even in a fully upgraded camp, its pretty easy to only agro the lord + a couple of guards, and cap the camp while only killing half the guards in it. I wish there was a guild upgrade to make camps actually hard to solo.

To keep trying to give some sort of importance to fights and kills in WvW is a terrible idea in my opinion. It encourages fights over strategy and made WvW what it was before HoT, a map full of zerg only looking for a fight, and GvG, making the whole purpose and the huge possibilities of the gamemode useless. And it promotes even more numbers over quality.

Unless your “quality” members are dying more than the enemy, you should come out ahead.