WvW Invitational Statement from John Corpening, game director for World vs. World

WvW Invitational Statement from John Corpening, game director for World vs. World

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.4291

Notsoperky.4291

Great marketing speech. Problems have been there for 3 years.

Unless we see a road map of coming changes, or actual changes, or some real communication with the wvw players then most will consign this to the dustbin of Anet promises of doing something to fix wvw.

Glad he mentioned the ‘adopt a dev’, and maybe the other initiatives that also led to nothing happening. Let’s see if this marketing release adds up to something more.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Its good to see core issues being acknowledged. But acknowledgement is not yet a solution.

The problem with offhours/nightcapping is that the more ppt you gain the less your opponents have and as a double whammy your gain grows exponentially.

If server A ticks 300 and server B ticks 200, server A gains 100points on server B every tick.
If server A goes to 400, thats a 33% increase in their ppt, server B must go down to 100. And so server A gains 300points on server B.
So a 33% increase in ppt in this case has lead to a 300% increase in the net gain.

This is what makes nightcapping so drastic. It isnt just that you tick for obscene amounts, but everyone else ticks so little the lead you gain is so utterly insurmountable.

However it could easily be mitigated if we cap out at how much a server can actually gain over another server. For example a server can only gain 200points over the next highest ppt server. This will substantially reduce the lead that can be gained during off hours.

Example:
Server A ppt is 500, server B is 100, server C is 50. Server B is the second highest ppt with 100, server A will then be capped out at 300 (Server B ppt + 200). Server A still gains a lead, but far less substantially.

in WvW

Posted by: SubHonour Guard.6498

SubHonour Guard.6498

Lower the map population cap again and put a 2 hour time limit on generation of ppt from a structure, so it will only start generating ppt again when it is flipped. This way the ppt available to a server is entirely up to the attacking force and night capping can be only so effective. There’s some issues with groups that aren’t large enough to hold any structure as flipping undefended structures would only benefit the enemy, but you can always increase the effectiveness of yak sniping or something.

(edited by SubHonour Guard.6498)

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Lower the map population cap again and put a 2 hour time limit on generation of ppt from a structure, so it will only start generating ppt again when it is flipped. This way the ppt available to a server is entirely up to the attacking force and night capping can be only so effective. There’s some issues with groups that aren’t large enough to hold any structure as flipping undefended structures would only benefit the enemy, but you can always increase the effectiveness of yak sniping or something.

Blobs are just PPT measures any more and that is what many of the min servers do (and guilds on those servers). We need to make WvW more strategic and less of a numbers game, like it is now.

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Another big problem is the balance. There are some thimes when literaly no rangers in the game. After the updates you always see some, but nowdays that profession is nearly dont exist in wvw. If a profession is more important as an other i have no problem with it. But this is dissapointing.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Another big problem is the balance. There are some thimes when literaly no rangers in the game. After the updates you always see some, but nowdays that profession is nearly dont exist in wvw. If a profession is more important as an other i have no problem with it. But this is dissapointing.

What? There are plenty of rangers in gank groups in T1.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

John, this sounds great. However, allow me to highlight what I think are a few of the major pain points that come up from time to time in WvW.

These should all be hands off systems that do not require constant dev intervention. In other words, either server controlled, or a player self policing system.

Cant stop the Zerg rush!
Rewards for non-zergers are important. You already touched on this one, so its clearly on your radar already, but possible specific fixes include:
Defense Rewards: A special loot chest that uses a special form of magic find, equal to the number of enemy players * the number of minutes they were present / 10.

Basically, for every 10 players, the WvW Reward Chest gains +1% cumulative magic find per minute. If you spend 5 minutes fending off 30 enemies outside Hills, your reward chest would have a +15% magic find bonus. If you get involved in a major throwdown, driving off an army of 60 people after a 45 minute brutal war in Gari, your reward chest will have a hefty +270% magic find (60*45/10). If you only showed up for the last 10 minutes, however, you’d only get a chest with +60% (60*10/10). A failed defense event rewards only some Karma and a bit of WXP. To the victor go the spoils.

This will really give a hefty reward to scouts, who will be present the longest, and encourage them to call in support and do their best to defend.

And what does the WvW reward chest have? 3 drop slots:
Slot 1: Gear slot, such as a green or blue, but with enough bonus magic find, rares, exos, ascended, and even the super-low chance of a pre exists.
Slot 2: WvW item. This includes basic siege, sup siege, supply and disabler traps, WXP potions, etc. Again, better Magic Find means better loot.
Slot 3: The lotto slot: This is mostly going to be vendor trash items, like green sigils, garbage trophy items, but occasionally it’ll have karma potions, banner items, food, food trays, and other consumables. Again, all based on the magic find influenced loot table.

Best of all? This whole Reward Chest idea can be applied to attacking forces in the exact same way, to avoid them simply pulling out at the first sign of resistance and denying enemies the Defense Reward chest. The more enemies standing against you, the more lucrative the rewards for toppling their keep… but only if you have the tenacity to WIN!

Superiority Complex
The superior siege issue is is as such: Sup siege is basically mandatory and thus gets used in mass quantity, but there’s no way to mass produce it. This leads to legit players either grinding sup in the Mystic Toilet, or buying from the Mystic Forge botters who spam the TP with the stuff.
Fix: Reduce the potency of Superior Siege from +50% down to +33% over their normal counterparts, this closes the disparity gap greatly, without eliminating it altogether. Provide a crafting recipe (maybe Weaponsmithing?) to mass produce.

Mr Roboto
Golems have a WvW mastery line, but to be fully effective, one also needs to socket Speed/Travelers runes. Why??
Fix: Have the 5th point of golem mastery add a nonstackable +25% movement speed bonus.

Keep Trollin Trollin Trollin Trollin
Fix: Siege, Food, and Claimed Camps/Towers/Keeps should all carry the name of the Person and Guild who claimed them.

Additionally, there should be a new option when right clicking a friendly player: Report WvW Misconduct. This option does NOT alert a dev nor take any account action, but instead grants the player a stack of ‘WvW mischief.’ Every 5 minutes, 1 stack fades away. If you have 10+ stacks, you will be locked out from placing Siege and WvW food.

There is a 10 minute cooldown on ‘Report WvW Misconduct’.

There is also a ‘Forgive Misconduct’ button which removes 1 stack, also with a 10 minute cooldown.

‘Report WvW Misconduct’ can also be done on Siege, granting the mischief stack to the player who threw it. Mischief stacks are account wide, and only fade when logged in.

We got a great big convoy
Easy Fix: A commander who uses the /supplyinfo command should see the supply of all friend players within a 1200 radius. This range fact should be displayed in the chat window.

Epic Fix: While tagged up, the /supplyinfo command toggles a new functionality on and off. While on, the commander sees a small white number appears above each friendly players head, showing exactly how much supply they have, and a number appears over the commanders own head, showing the total supply of all players within range 1200.

Dynamite Hack
Teleport/Flying hackers are out of control on some servers.
Fix: The game needs an automatic mechanism to check distance covered and locations and paths to ensure there is no funny business, like porting into and out of keeps at will and flying around in golems. There also needs to be a better reporting mechanism for players, and a Report Hack option, instead of resorting to botting.

in WvW

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

How about starting with simply making the game able to support
massive open world battles?
Because at the moment,it can’t.
The truth is that after 3 years there is still “skill lag”,as we players like to call it,
in upwards of 4secs,whenever there’s more than 100 people fighting in the
same spot.
Until you do this,I can’t take anything you say seriously,because really,everything
else don’t mean nothing unless this has been dealt with.
You have made a lot of progress with regards to traditional lag,and big FPS drops.
I don’t get those anymore.This is great.
But I need to be able to use my skills in combat.
Skill lag in excess of 4 sec is unacceptable.
Either provide support for massive battles,or accept that WvW has limited
capacity,and lower the player caps.
When you say I can support X amount of players in a map,that should mean
that if all those players came to fight in the same spot,the servers can handle this.
There is no other way around it,I don’t care how big is a map or whatever mechanics you use to disperse the population.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

in WvW

Posted by: alvinjason.3109

alvinjason.3109

John, I remember you running with us on DR last year. I believe you were with some of my old pals in that [DmD] guild.

Devona’s Rest → NSP [SA] [TeaP]

in WvW

Posted by: alvinjason.3109

alvinjason.3109

top 3 tiers is ultra blobfest. and top 2 tiers is siege spamming and blobfests. Don’t people ever get burned out or tired of being in a blob or fighting blobs??

Devona’s Rest → NSP [SA] [TeaP]

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

top 3 tiers is ultra blobfest. and top 2 tiers is siege spamming and blobfests. Don’t people ever get burned out or tired of being in a blob or fighting blobs??

Blob on blob can be absolutely great fights, the larger the forces the more tactics and strategies can be used which you simply do not have options for in smaller teams.

However, lag + population imbalances is what makes it not fun. As I said above, blob on blob can be really , truly great fights, especially if there is like a 15-20 man zergbusting group in there in each blob, and it turns into a 3 way.

problem arises when not everyone has the people for blob vs blob, or when the zrgbusting team on 1 side turns out to be GVGers that just sit there and kitten themselves while the fights are going on. then it is not fun. and as said above, add lag.

if they fixed the lag and you can get even roughly same blobs even roughly half the time, things would be freaking great.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

Quick question guys so that I can see if I get my hops up or not: Since when is John Corpening the game director for WvW?

Time and time again we had empty promises, the fact that he acknowledges issues that have been posted in this forum for so long and so constantly is great but hardly anything to go “Wow they listened!!!”. It literally takes 2 min in this forum to get what is the biggest issues and certainly took less than 3 years to do it.

Now we get another promise of fixes that will begin to be looked into once the expansion is released…. a.k.a., wait around until the expansion that doesn’t even have a launch date comes out and then wait until we give you news.

So I wanted to know since when he is the WvW game director to see if this is not just empty words intended to make us stop complaining about the game during a time they are trying to lure more ppl into it or if this might be the words of a new guy that is trying to come and fix the house.

in WvW

Posted by: Ilias.8647

Ilias.8647

For 3 years the same issues plague WvW. For 3 years WvW is much unchanged.

After 3 years, instead of fixing stuff, you made balance decisions that were rushed out almost untested and harmed build diversity by creating huge performance gaps not only between professions but between builds of the same profession. All these as a sign of the “dedication” and seriousness you show to one of the main game aspects with a huge of audience.

After lots of earlier promises you send another man to make another promising post! Instead of talking about what you are planning to do, just plan and do it (no promises this time, just actions). If you want to talk about something let us know why older promises never got off the design table…

P.S : Marketing requires you guys to make some statement that will somewhat “please” the audience that is or feels ignored. We know that! What we do not know is if there is something more than this… promises.

Currently residing on … Gandara[EU]

(edited by Ilias.8647)

in WvW

Posted by: Avit.3165

Avit.3165

John Corpening, game director for World vs. World its very busy with WvW changes

in WvW

Posted by: Bigsexy.8302

Bigsexy.8302

Lies, lies and lies.
“Lets say a pile of bs just to hype WvW players and make them pre-order” – someone at Anet.
Nah, no fixes for WvW, too busy with HoT, although got plenty of time to make sPvP leagues and rankings. Something GvG guilds asked for ages.

in WvW

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Oh look, yet another PvP update.

Uuuurgh. I’m so sick and tired of seeing all these PvP updates (http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3g8sd4/new_pvp_content_pvp_leagues/) while WvW is ignored yet again.

I know you guys are working on it after HoT, but it would be nice if once in a blue moon we actually got some sort of update as to what’s going to be updated WvW-wise. Whether there are any new rewards (there should be since the last skins we got were the temporary mist ones from the tournaments that come once a year if we’re lucky), or a permanent reward track etc.

All I seem to see these days update-wise is PvP. PvP gets all the frikkin love. Do you guys not like WvW or something? I’m starting to actually get seriously p’ed off with all the focus on PvP while WvW has so many bugs/hackers/no new rewards. The list goes on.

/vent

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

in WvW

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Lies, lies and lies.
“Lets say a pile of bs just to hype WvW players and make them pre-order” – someone at Anet.
Nah, no fixes for WvW, too busy with HoT, although got plenty of time to make sPvP leagues and rankings. Something GvG guilds asked for ages.

Completely agree. I’ll believe it not when I see it, but when it’s actually IN the game. Talk is cheap. PvP gets all the love >_<

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Hmm a specific PvP update and WvW only gets more motherhood statements.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

" One of the best ways of avoiding necessary and even urgent tasks is to seem to be busily employed on things… "

John Kenneth Galbraith

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

in WvW

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

just two things :

• Fix skill lag
  • Rework WvW achievements

in WvW

Posted by: Anaktas.7390

Anaktas.7390

Since servers matter only in WvW, why not rework into those whole concepts/alliances ?

Commander of Seafarer’s Rest.
Eternal Illumination[EB] Guild Leader.

in WvW

Posted by: CalmAndCool.5938

CalmAndCool.5938

[quote=5350913;Stephane Lo Presti.7258:]

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

It’s a nicely written article but all I can say is
a) delete that first part about wannabe complexity of wvw. It’s pvd/siege rush ppt play. Nothing more in the actual state.
b) it’s basically this (https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/devon-carver-on-the-future-of-world-vs-world/) article again. 2 years later you are still talking about the core problems. But without changes yet.

You’ve once again told us what you WANT to do.

JUST DO IT!!!

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: DiscoJacen.1590

DiscoJacen.1590

They announced that they can’t work on WvW (or even allocate any devs on it)
because they’re focusing all on HoT.

That is why they’re announcing a massive sPVP update.

I think I’ve never been treated more like kitten by a company in my life (government excluded ofc).

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

So wvw is in a pretty bad state but…
…we will make wonderful change….
…believe us…we can’t …we are too far away but believe us..it’s gonna be a slap in the face…
maybe…
one day…
cross finger…
bla ….
bla …
bla…

Well that was a pretty nice exercice of over communication about … nothing.
Clap.

in WvW

Posted by: Dopamine.7502

Dopamine.7502

Cool story but maybe fix the hacking issue in T8 caused by Blacktide? Anet devs please stop ignoring the issue and at least confirm there is a major problem.

in WvW

Posted by: DiscoJacen.1590

DiscoJacen.1590

Cool story but maybe fix the hacking issue in T8 caused by Blacktide? Anet devs please stop ignoring the issue and at least confirm there is a major problem.

You’re gonna have plenty of time to read all our unanswered reports and complaints threads about Blacktide hackers when they were still with us now that it’s your turn to not play WvW for months ; )

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

in WvW

Posted by: Dopamine.7502

Dopamine.7502

Uuuurgh. I’m so sick and tired of seeing all these PvP updates (http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3g8sd4/new_pvp_content_pvp_leagues/) while WvW is ignored yet again.

I know you guys are working on it after HoT, but it would be nice if once in a blue moon we actually got some sort of update as to what’s going to be updated WvW-wise. Whether there are any new rewards (there should be since the last skins we got were the temporary mist ones from the tournaments that come once a year if we’re lucky), or a permanent reward track etc.

All I seem to see these days update-wise is PvP. PvP gets all the frikkin love. Do you guys not like WvW or something? I’m starting to actually get seriously p’ed off with all the focus on PvP while WvW has so many bugs/hackers/no new rewards. The list goes on.

/vent

They still have hope PvP becomes a populair esports or something thats why the obsessive attention for it. Imagine someone hacking in PvP it would be fixed in a day. A hacker terrorising T9 for months and now this week T8 as blacktide moved up nothing is being done about it. Hell we can’t even get confirmation from a dev they are looking into the issue or any sort okittennowledgement.

in WvW

Posted by: papaiggy.1345

papaiggy.1345

Too little too late this statement should of been made months ago as it is I like many other players are done.

in WvW

Aenaos.8160

" One of the best ways of avoiding necessary and even urgent tasks is to seem to be busily employed on things… "

John Kenneth Galbraith

I wouldn’t know,I’m too busy.

-Go go Espartz.-

in WvW

Aenaos.8160

It’s a nicely written article but all I can say is
a) delete that first part about wannabe complexity of wvw. It’s pvd/siege rush ppt play. Nothing more in the actual state.
b) it’s basically this (https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/devon-carver-on-the-future-of-world-vs-world/) article again. 2 years later you are still talking about the core problems. But without changes yet.

You’ve once again told us what you WANT to do.

JUST DO IT™!!!

-Go go Espartz.-

in WvW

Aenaos.8160

/vent

Imagine someone hacking in PvP it would be fixed in a year.

Fixed it a bit there.

-Go go Espartz.-

in WvW

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

Great info, you just said that you are working on wvw because that is your job.
Years are passing by, better hurry up with solutions. I dont know why company hires people who cant bring solution for years.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Someone should start a new thread after every patch tuesday listing “You had time to do this in sPvP/PvE, but not that in WvW”. I mean we get that they are busy, but still.

Like:

You had time to program ambient occlusion in the graphics engine, but you cant make garrison inner south door upgreadeable.

You had people work hard to fix the entire personal story, but no one can remove the constant particle effect in the water south of garrison.

You had Lions Arch rebuilt, but cant move spawn invoulnerability zones 4 meters to prevent exploits.

in WvW

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

Someone should start a new thread after every patch tuesday listing “You had time to do this in sPvP/PvE, but not that in WvW”. I mean we get that they are busy, but still.

Like:

You had time to program ambient occlusion in the graphics engine, but you cant make garrison inner south door upgreadeable.

You had people work hard to fix the entire personal story, but no one can remove the constant particle effect in the water south of garrison.

You had Lions Arch rebuilt, but cant move spawn invoulnerability zones 4 meters to prevent exploits.

I already got infraction point for writing something alike.

Apparently it’s rude to mention such stuff.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Like:

I always assumed garri’s inner south door was like that on purpose since it’s such a bad choke.
It would be nice if they would fix hills in the blue bl so you could +5 it after capping it, or fix bali trajectory so the 1 skill hits when 2 and 3 hit, adjust ac trajectory so you can’t drop one next to a wall and hit everywhere inside a keep or tower, remove the level up knock back, fix the immobilized in the air bug, change the rally mechanic, remove hard ressing in combat, etc…….

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Like:

It would be a pretty worthless topic anyways, considering a lot of these things aren’t even worked on by the same people.

It’s proper to complain about the development of wvw having improper priorities such as the questionable pushing of certain events of dubious value such as seasons over changes of substance but there’s no point in being bitter that pve gets more focus just for the sake of being bitter. It does nothing in terms of feedback.

Anyhow, back on topic, it’s nice that the developers have been able to be more verbose on the topics on a broad level at the very least. However, I have not seen enough evidence that they are able to truly grasp how wvw is played. I think there should be more discussion about concrete things regarding strategy and tactics, as in precisely how they think people fight and defend, and more to the point, how combat changes when the scale of combat changes.

For example, if one just visualizes combat as 40 vs 40 and 2 v 2, then there would be a skewed view of World vs World. There’s indeed a lot of different situations that could happen and because the situation is so different across servers even at different time periods that it isn’t something that a few people can truly kitten properly. This would be a pretty big challenge, of course, and would require active observation of the experience of their own testing and player experiences. And it doesn’t have the controlled environment of pvp due to all the uncertainties that pop up. Of course, there’s no way to balance all of this, nor was that ever the intent but without the very concept in mind, there’s no way to make a working game mode.

Of course, don’t take any offense to this, because like I said, there is no way for any one to really speak for everyone’s experiences, and certainly probably too many suggestions where people try to balance WvW so easily, only to not realize it would only work for their corner of it.

Finally, QOL issues need to be further delved into. Example: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/SUGGESTION-Hand-health-features/first and https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/SSCTS-Superior-Siege-Carpel-Tunnel-Syndrome/5344997

This is not inherent to WvW; Gw2 has had many issues with this and I’ve always thought the interface and commonly used features need to be more user friendly. I feel Gw2 lacks polish in this regard. I think the ease of use is also something that is frequently overlooked when it comes to longevity.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

“Many of our developers are dedicated WvW players”

Dedicated eotm or t50 players maybe

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: sander.5830

sander.5830

I call bullkitten until stuff actually gets fixed and it’s not just empty promises again for the 3rd something time or even more.

Mesmer/Engineer/Thief/Elementalist/Guardian/Warrior/Necromancer/Ranger
Order Of Intoxication [Psy] Leader

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

You made a 24/7 PvP format, it would be dishonest and disrespectful to change it so that some of those hours are worth less than others.

I agree, it isn’t a matter of " night capping" . Even someone using the term " night capping" shows ignorance on the actual problem at hand. Having tunnel vision on just peak hours being all that matters and ignoring the rest of the time people play the game would be a terrible oversight of a great deal of their player base. Every player deserves to be able to log into the game whenever they have time to play it regardless of if they get off work at 5pm or 2 am and be able to come home and play on their own time and be able to play with players and against players in wvw. If thy are locked out of a server that allows them to have people to play with and against when they play that is a defective system. “Coverage wars” is created due to a poor design, rather than make a proper system, they are punishing players for playing the game when they are able to. Why play the game at all if you are not able to play with and against players in wvw when you have time to play?

This is not even a matter of EU players playing on NA servers and such, there is a huge timezone difference in the US as well when it is 1 am on the east coast it is 7pm in Hawaii , then we have players in addition that live in the reality that people actually work all different hours these days. Regardless of if someone comes home from work in the morning, noon, dinner time or 3 am they should be able to play with and against players and with their friends and guild or the game is broken to the point of being unplayable for them. Players coming home and playing when it is convenient for them to play is not “night capping” ( that is such an ignorant term to begin with) it is playing the game the way it was meant to be played with the people they enjoy playing with. Either reduce the number servers or remove wvw from being locked into servers actually solving the problem but do not punish players for when they are able to play the game or you are not providing the same quality of product to all of the players who paid equally for it.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

But right now it’s the “nightcapping” that matters and makes every other time worthless.

You edge out a small 2k lead during peak hours, wake up the following morning and you’re 10k+ behind, all borderlands are the same colour, all keeps are tier3. So hell yes nightcapping needs to be inhibited!

I’ve already made a suggestion to that end. Simply limit how many points a server can actually gain more than other servers. Night crews can still edge out an advantage, but simply not to the same insurmountable levels that they currently do.

in WvW

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

But right now it’s the “nightcapping” that matters and makes every other time worthless.

You edge out a small 2k lead during peak hours, wake up the following morning and you’re 10k+ behind, all borderlands are the same colour, all keeps are tier3. So hell yes nightcapping needs to be inhibited!

I’ve already made a suggestion to that end. Simply limit how many points a server can actually gain more than other servers. Night crews can still edge out an advantage, but simply not to the same insurmountable levels that they currently do.

no time zone should be prioritized over another. NA prime is not entitled to be the only timezone that counts, or the zone that counts the most. You complain about fighting a server with a strong night population that caps all your stuff when you go to sleep, but to your opponents SEA players, you are doing the same thing: recapping all their stuff while they sleep / work.

The only way to make balanced matchups is to forceably balance populations across each timezone. Players will react awfully to being moved servers, but Anet could probably get away with creating floating “server teams” which is what I believe they have in the pipeline.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.4291

Notsoperky.4291

“Many of our developers are dedicated WvW players”

Dedicated eotm or t50 players maybe

It’s what they do instead of actually working on it- when they are instructed to fix something in wvw, they go play it, then run out of the alloted time and go back to pve stuff.

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

don’t worry, if you fight ennemy with big night crew you will loose ranking, and the other will go up. After some times you will not fight against those team….

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

IF a server doesn’t have 24/7 coverage it should not be open. That way whenever a player logs in , they have players to play with and against no matter the time they are able to play. “nightcapping” isn’t even a thing in reality in the game, it is they have too many servers open and not enough players to cover them 24/7, solve that and even the idea of " nightcapping" ceases to exist. To some, playing during NA prime hours is “nightcapping” because there are always people who are asleep somewhere. So they work hard while they are awake to edge out a 2k lead only to come back and find that they lost 10k due to NA prime players playing while they sleep. You see there are more sides to this than " look what they did while I was sleeping!" Everyone sleeps at different hours, and everyone has people playing while they are sleeping. That is just how EVERY game that has a 24/7 format works. That isn’t " nightcapping" that is playing the game at their convenience, like everyone else. If your server does not have enough players playing outside of one timezone, it does not have enough population to be open. Instead of punishing players who play the game like everyone else when they have time, they should focus on actually solving the problem.

You are only looking at one symptom of a problem, not the whole picture. Solve the whole picture of players being able to have players to play with and against in wvw no matter what time they log in, and the idea of " nightcapping" ceases to exist. If players on your server log in at 3 am your time and still have a team to play with, and a team to fight against you solve the problem no matter what server you are on, you solve the problem.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

IF a server doesn’t have 24/7 coverage it should not be open. That way whenever a player logs in , they have players to play with and against no matter the time they are able to play. “nightcapping” isn’t even a thing in reality in the game, it is they have too many servers open and not enough players to cover them 24/7, solve that and even the idea of " nightcapping" ceases to exist. To some, playing during NA prime hours is “nightcapping” because there are always people who are asleep somewhere. So they work hard while they are awake to edge out a 2k lead only to come back and find that they lost 10k due to NA prime players playing while they sleep. You see there are more sides to this than " look what they did while I was sleeping!" Everyone sleeps at different hours, and everyone has people playing while they are sleeping. That is just how EVERY game that has a 24/7 format works. That isn’t " nightcapping" that is playing the game at their convenience, like everyone else. If your server does not have enough players playing outside of one timezone, it does not have enough population to be open. Instead of punishing players who play the game like everyone else when they have time, they should focus on actually solving the problem.

You are only looking at one symptom of a problem, not the whole picture. Solve the whole picture of players being able to have players to play with and against in wvw no matter what time they log in, and the idea of " nightcapping" ceases to exist. If players on your server log in at 3 am your time and still have a team to play with, and a team to fight against you solve the problem no matter what server you are on, you solve the problem.

But the problem is that there isn’t an even distribution of people across the 24 hours of the day. There are a lot more people playing during NA Prime than at other hours of the day.

So you cannot have 24/7 coverage on all servers without also having astronomical queues during NA Prime. Its a physical impossibility.

Therefore some servers are going to have an imbalanced distribution of players throughout the 24 hour day. This causes problems. And there is no way to do anything about this while maintaining the individual server model.

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

the only one solution is to merge all server to 3… Make 3 team… And then all play on the same map. And open new map when they are full… During off peak you will only have few map, and at prime time lot of map…
No more server, but at least no more off peak issue.

But I prefer the actual system, no problem with off peak time…. Just change server, don’t stay on low ranked server…

in WvW

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

Believe it when I see it. If this is sweet talk to getting me into buying HOT, youl have try harder with actions not words. Seen devs come and go with plenty of promises with little to show for it.

in WvW

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

As I see it the biggest problem is ANet doesn’t have a reason to improve this game mode because there is no alternative/competition. Until there is a game that offers a legitimate alternative then the choices are to play what ANet offers, or don’t play.

Fortunately there are at least 2 upcoming game releases that will focus specifically and almost exclusively on RvR. Once that happens then ANet will either address the game mode short-comings or lose some of their player base. That may be acceptable to them, who knows?

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/