WvW Lag March 2015

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Lag and random DC on both my accounts. It’s unplayable.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

More improvements coming with our next release. As always, I’d love to hear if anyone notices an improvement. This one should be much more significant. A lot of the improvements so far haven’t been very visible to players, but behind the scenes have really made an impact.

I’ll be shifting my focus back to this in the next couple weeks so I can hopefully get more improvements into the release after next. I’ve been trying to tackle other issues plaguing the client like out of memory crashes and frame-rate hitching in the past week.

As much as I might like to dress up in full costume in my spare time, I’m not superman. One thing at a time

-Bill

+1 <3

@GROMIT:

Actually they had a video good while back detailing a bit about how their software divided resources and pooled them etc, and stated that something like a single map wouldn’t cause problems, since the server would divide resources and split maps between them to avoid things like that.

Also, unless they changed it back (haven’t heard) WvW is currently running on their own servers/resources independent of the other game modes since sometime around spring this year. I think it was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Do we know if the server client is Windows or Linux based ? Don’t think I’ve heard either.

Anyways, if it was "that simple" they probably would have done/fixed it by now.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Anet please make this top priority and put more resources into fixing this.People are dropping out,annoyed to the point theyre not logging anymore at all because of the constant lag going on,you’re losing people cus of your game being unplayable.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Andrey.6928

Andrey.6928

Lag appears every time when there are some 50 players fighting i.e. 25vs25. I have good hardware and minimal graphics settings but things begin to lag like hell, abilities won’t activate etc. Same happens on World bosses when loads of people gather. The game play becomes unbearable.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

The lag has gotten worse and worse in the past few weeks, even 2-way fights on EB causes map wide lag..

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Yeah it was really bad in SM yesterday with our 3 blobs. I have been the one on the only ram and please don’t ask me how I opened that gate as I couldn’t press anything and everything just stood still – for 3 minutes ;)
Probably my blob PvD-ing the gate. Didn’t ask if they were able to click 1. If not we opened that gate with our minds!

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

Some serious skill lag on AG borderland this evening.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Rhonin.1687

Rhonin.1687

same on Drakkar Lake bl, the skill lag is real

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Jana.6831

More improvements coming with our next release. As always, I’d love to hear if anyone notices an improvement.

In case stuff has been fixed with yesterday’s patch – I seem to have less problems solo capping camps – I often had tiny lags while doing so before, gonna test it some more.
When it comes to fights versus other players I still experience time lapses; I can’t see what they’re doing, they seem to jump around and I’m downed “without a reason”.
Experienced that yesterday night when we were ~60 vs 60 and this morning when we were 6 vs 10.
Internet connection is fine says pingplotter.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: BillFreist

Previous

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Had several changes go out this week. My internal data for WVW server performance shows that things are looking much better. There’s definitely still spikes when large fights happen, but things look more stable.

I’m continuing to make progress on some additional fixes that’ll make their way out in another release sometime in September. I’m focusing specifically on making things as stable as possible when there are several hundred players bunched up and beating each other up.

Anyways, I’ll update when I know the exact release the next improvements will go out

-Bill

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

in JQ/TC/YB on reset I had huge lag spikes in EB.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

Had several changes go out this week. My internal data for WVW server performance shows that things are looking much better. There’s definitely still spikes when large fights happen, but things look more stable.

I’m continuing to make progress on some additional fixes that’ll make their way out in another release sometime in September. I’m focusing specifically on making things as stable as possible when there are several hundred players bunched up and beating each other up.

Anyways, I’ll update when I know the exact release the next improvements will go out

-Bill

Thanks for the feedback. I mostly roam, when there is a clash elsewhere on the map, should it be effecting me as well? Cuz it does.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Jana.6831

I’m having lag spikes today in EB same problem; I’m downed “without a reason” and my skills miss, the enemies are “porting” around.

Thanks for your work, Bill, just wanted to get that off my chest as it’s really frustrating ;)

Edit: I’m not sure if it was zergs who caused the problems. We’ve had around 30 people of us running around on EB and switching maps, so they might’ve caused my problems, but my enemies didn’t seem to have these problems. Also I usually have these problems 24/7, no matter how many people are on the maps.

Edit²: Same situation on blue borderland and likely all borderlands – the lags haven’t been that bad for me for quite some time; I’m a wandering lootbag and stopped playing wvw for today.
(As usual my internet connection is fine).

(edited by Jana.6831)

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Jana.6831

I’m having these lags for now a year, on and off. My game was running just fine for a few weeks in January until the February (Luck event) patch made me slower than everybody else, so I can only guess what they’re doing and my skills miss more often than they hit. The lag today feels a lot like the lag I’m having for a year now: Porting, evading, hitting/downing out of nowhere.

What if it’s 2 different issues which are still combined? So by fixing some of the “zerg lag” the “roaming lag” got worse. Problem is there’s relatively few roamers and a lot of them might not even notice their “poor performance” is because of lag.
So if you want to look into these issues, maybe have a look at the patches you did August/September last year and February this year.
The first I noticed lags was shortly before megaservers were introduced, btw. But back then I was still on NA (playing from EU) and never had a look at my internet connection.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: BrazenNL.9857

BrazenNL.9857

Had several changes go out this week.

Fantastic. Nice to see it’s an on-going effort.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Maja.6372

Maja.6372

FSP Riverside Kodash matchup Enternal Battlegrounds unplayable at the moment massiv skilllags and rubberbanding and some fps drops when all 3 zergs meet
Skilllags are map wide even when zerg fight is kilometers away
even the npc dolyak caravans are lagging what is going on

(edited by Maja.6372)

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Jana.6831

So a quick update how the game is running for me:

Each time there’s a beta weekend going on I shouldn’t be playing wvw as the lags are really nasty.
Apart from that; The usual lags seem to have gotten better but what I noticed lately (past 2-3 days, maybe longer) that I now have a different kind of lags, before the enemies “teleported”, now I can’t see AoE, meaning I’m already hit and a few seconds after that a red circle appears. Maybe that applies to every attack, but I noticed it especially with AoE fields.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

even the npc dolyak caravans are lagging what is going on

This!

You can be on the other side of the map trying to kill a Dolyak but they take no damage because they are not at the point where it shows them at.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Sogradde.8016

Sogradde.8016

Lag is worse than ever. I guess this will be ignored for another 2 years?

Midnight Mayhem [MM]
Gunnar’s Hold

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: arnitheking.8427

arnitheking.8427

Hello everyone, I saw the dev posted something about "catch up " code on the second page and wanted to use this opportunity to announce that it should be named “ketchup code”

thank you

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

morrolan.9608

What the hell has happened with this patch? From Australia I am getting ping of 4,500 in large group fights consistently tonight and I’m not the only one in my guild.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Happening again the following night. Tier 1 NA, ping of over 4,000 from Aust. when theres a fight of 40-50, principally in EBG tonight. Something has definitely happened with the patch. I’m not the only one from Aust. who is having the issue.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

(edited by morrolan.9608)

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

What I have found to be the issue is that we complain about lag, eventually after many months, the devs do something to reduce it a little.

Then a PvE patch comes out, and the lag is worse than ever!

To me it seems that because of the absolute and confirmed neglect WvW gets, when a PvE patch comes out, they reset the WvW changes. This then brings the lag back again, and the cycle begins again.

They never check to see how WvW is affected by patches, hence why we have had to live with this for 3 years! And now they expect us to pay £35 for the expansion. Yeah right.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

As i tried to write remove so you cant use pets that dont help you like dogs, dragons and so in WvW map, it only 1 more thing for the server and all players to keep track off.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Manvaeris.9857

Manvaeris.9857

The lag is worse than ever. I said before that WvW is sometimes unplayable. Now it is nearly time unplayable, when there are fights (even 20v20). The ping is constantly high (around 150) and there are huge ping spikes.

It is so sad that I am not able to play my favourite part of the game I love.

Please, could you eventually fix WvW?

Elementalist of [Salt] – Kodash

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: meltdown.5870

meltdown.5870

Had to give up playing last night again again again …wtf.

Tryed to ajust everything to the lowest possible graphics setup.. and my internetcon is 20 down 10 up ..np there.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: GRIMMJOWND.2910

GRIMMJOWND.2910

Let’s get serious here, is anyone actually working on the lagg problems in WVW? Specifically in EB while a huge blobb vs blobb fight is going on? 3 way fighting in EB is a joke, skills won’t go off and people are warping around. I would like a serious reply if this is ever going to get fixed, especially now that the expansion is about to be released this should get more attention. It’s starting to get embarrassing..

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I played all night last night, with no issues, what server are you guys on that it is so problematic?

For that matter, if you want the issue resolved, why are you not posting information commonly known to be needed to assist in resolution? Is the act of complaining about it really hold more value then resolution to the issue?

Hard to read post without chuckling, who demand “lets get serious here”, when posters are not serious enough to share times of day, ISPs, servers, or even what continent you are on for goodness sake. And you want to complain about what is embarrassing.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: GRIMMJOWND.2910

GRIMMJOWND.2910

I played all night last night, with no issues, what server are you guys on that it is so problematic?

For that matter, if you want the issue resolved, why are you not posting information commonly known to be needed to assist in resolution? Is the act of complaining about it really hold more value then resolution to the issue?

Hard to read post without chuckling, who demand “lets get serious here”, when posters are not serious enough to share times of day, ISPs, servers, or even what continent you are on for goodness sake. And you want to complain about what is embarrassing.

Try playing on EB primetime on a t1 server eu, the anet team is well aware of this issue and it needs no explanation, it needs a fix. Stop replying to post you know nothing about, obviously.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

Having 500+ ping every evening I play in this game for about a year now. Anet fix your kittenty relations to ISPs in europe and make it playable again.

~ Gandara

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Manvaeris.9857

Well, they have quite a lot information about this, but I will give some more.

Server: Kodash
My location: Germany
ISP: 1&1
Issue: Nearly every fight is laggy (constantly high ping around 150, sometimes huge lag spikes when it becomes unplayable / low fps), no matter which time of the day. Tried to use VPN several times, doesn’t help. Meanwhile our whole WvW roster complains about lags. I feel no difference between EBG, Borderlands or Obsidian Sanctum.

Something positive: Yesterday evening was the first time I was able to play quite normal without lags!

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Manvaeris.9857

Is there any progress on this thread or will the lag remain when the expansion comes out?

I would really like to get some response.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Miracle.1365

Miracle.1365

Unplayable right now. You can’t even use skills in your spawn. Baruch-Piken-Deso MU.

WvW is pretty much dead if this lag continues with the expansion. Gz Anet, you are finally breaking WvW.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Captain Shinypants.1987

Captain Shinypants.1987

Huge skill lag in eb Deso vs Vs vs Gnd insta cast skills taking 3 seconds and mor, worse than before the expansion. There is many saying the same thing

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: ImLegion.4018

ImLegion.4018

WvW again unplayable. I get so many disconnects, skill lags, delay and such. Not only in new borderland but EB too.

Piken Square

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Captain Shinypants.1987

Captain Shinypants.1987

Yeah EB is still a huge lag fast if im involved in a zerg fight or just roaming Gandara server. Yet the bl’s nothing.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Knochenkult.6423

Knochenkult.6423

Lagspikes with up to 4000 ping has found its way back in the game.

Disappointed

Rostrot The Machine
Driver of Death Days

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Knochenkult.6423

Knochenkult.6423

Lagspikes with up to 4000 ping has found its way back in the game.

Disappointed

Rostrot The Machine
Driver of Death Days