WvW Poll 31 May: Mixed Borderlands (CLOSED)

in WvW

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

75% threshold??? LOL

Almost 70% voted for Yes 2. How is that not enough?

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

this is unfortunate.

2 abl 1 dbl nonrotating is the best possible option between any mixed, solid, or rotating combination.

imo, every poll will reflect that in the responses, but not every poll will be able to properly measure it. perhaps future polls will even be misleading in strange ways because of the inability to measure that desire properly.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

This isn’t actually correct, “Yes” implies one of the two choices with mixed maps, and the 30% that won was the pro-rotation choice. I think you know this, but wrote it out incorrectly though, just pointing it out.

Ummmm…. no…

69.7% – Yes (55% Double Alpine + 14.7% Double Desert)
30.3% – No

55% > 30.3%.

Your analysis is simply wrong. The only clear majority option in that poll was mixed with double alpine.

My analysis is correct in the context of the post I quoted. The “Yes” option, irrespective of the specific split between the two, means that mixed borderlands maps had the majority. Yes double Alpine had the majority of the two yes options, but the fact remains that having mixed maps had the total majority.

The poll itself was confusing, it had only two choices, yes and no… had yes reached the required 75% majority, then and only then would the split between the yes options been relevant.

“Our vision was to have rotating BLs.”

70% instead of 75% voted for rotating BLs.”

“Sigh, let’s follow what the community wants and give those 30% something that we don’t see as good ourselves.”

Huh?

Above is the post the bit you quoted was a reply to, and as you can see it is a jumble of mistakes (in particular the bolded part, that and the fact that the 30% that ended up “winning”, by their “super majority” rule not being met, was the pro-rotation choice, whereas either of the yes choices was pro mixed maps.

(edited by Crise.9401)

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Woot, I’ll have 3 months of PvE!!!

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: TwistedFate.8705

TwistedFate.8705

Personally, I voted ‘Yes’ to this, as did the rest of my team. So we are also disappointed with the result. But that was an accepted risk when we decided to poll the community about WvW development rather than just following our own vision.

I think if you are going to have a vote the highest result should be in favor. As of now we do not have the population for the size of the desert maps. Even some nights alpine maps are empty so what chance does desert have? If you guys see a huge decline in wvw population when the desert maps come back again will this mean anything like it did last time? You guys have even said your selves that the wvw population has increased since the return of the alpine maps. There are too many people saying bring back desert maps just because they look pretty. That has nothing to do with wvw

It is like me going to vote for a new prime minster and the current one says unless 75% favor the new PM I will retain the power. What is the point in voting? Also you basically have 70% voting yes how does that not mean anything at all? 70% vs 30% is a huge gap thats a whopping 40% difference and that is 40% of potential player base that could pack up and leave again if the whole 70% don’t.

I want desert beaquse they dont have stale kitten layout like depressing kitten alpine maps.

stale layout? No one cares how the maps look people just want a map that works with people on there to fight. I mean yea dbl looks cool but meh the map doesn’t work… Screw looks that is completely irrelevant to wvw. If you want looks go pve.

Thats how u look for girls on the pub (nvm u dont go to the pub) who cares what they look like you just gonna sleep with them aye ( nvm you never slept with a girl), ofc looks matters wtf are you on. You must be fun at parties (nvm you dont go to parties, you whine at forums) whats so interesting in alpine that desert doesnt have? you have bay 80% water, swim like a little mermaid girl. But yeah you are so terrible you cant fight in a structure but needs to pirateship 1 1 1 1 til the other team retreats. Learn to adapt pve scrub.

What are you talking about? how is any of that relevant to a video game? I would rather something that people actually play then something that looks cool. And im a roamer all I care about is having people to fight which dbl rarely had. Also dont throw personal high school bull crap attacks at me. In relation to your stupid comment. I could say the same thing… you could go to a party “that looks cool” but has terrible music or you could go to a party that looks like a dive but has people there and good music lol… Looks < population.

clearly you are the one that does not leave their basement hence the childish insulting on an online forum.

(edited by TwistedFate.8705)

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I am disappointed with this community and those that couldn’t compromise….

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: TallBarr.2184

TallBarr.2184

Personally, I voted ‘Yes’ to this, as did the rest of my team. So we are also disappointed with the result. But that was an accepted risk when we decided to poll the community about WvW development rather than just following our own vision.

I think if you are going to have a vote the highest result should be in favor. As of now we do not have the population for the size of the desert maps. Even some nights alpine maps are empty so what chance does desert have? If you guys see a huge decline in wvw population when the desert maps come back again will this mean anything like it did last time? You guys have even said your selves that the wvw population has increased since the return of the alpine maps. There are too many people saying bring back desert maps just because they look pretty. That has nothing to do with wvw

It is like me going to vote for a new prime minster and the current one says unless 75% favor the new PM I will retain the power. What is the point in voting? Also you basically have 70% voting yes how does that not mean anything at all? 70% vs 30% is a huge gap thats a whopping 40% difference and that is 40% of potential player base that could pack up and leave again if the whole 70% don’t.

I want desert beaquse they dont have stale kitten layout like depressing kitten alpine maps.

stale layout? No one cares how the maps look people just want a map that works with people on there to fight. I mean yea dbl looks cool but meh the map doesn’t work… Screw looks that is completely irrelevant to wvw. If you want looks go pve.

Thats how u look for girls on the pub (nvm u dont go to the pub) who cares what they look like you just gonna sleep with them aye ( nvm you never slept with a girl), ofc looks matters wtf are you on. You must be fun at parties (nvm you dont go to parties, you whine at forums) whats so interesting in alpine that desert doesnt have? you have bay 80% water, swim like a little mermaid girl. But yeah you are so terrible you cant fight in a structure but needs to pirateship 1 1 1 1 til the other team retreats. Learn to adapt pve scrub.

What are you talking about? how is any of that relevant to a video game? I would rather something that people actually play then something that looks cool. And im a roamer all I care about is having people to fight which dbl rarely had. Also dont throw personal high school bull crap attacks at me. In relation to your stupid comment. I could say the same thing… you could go to a party “that looks cool” but has terrible music or you could go to a party that looks like a dive but has people there and good music lol… Looks < population.

“And im a roamer”
….

You have EB and Obsidian, go ahead.

“childish insulting on an online forum.”

It was an example how you would rather fight on a what, 6 year old stale kitten depressing borderland rather then a new fresh borderland people been asking for, yes wvw was dead back in the days beaquse peep hated alpine, I would assume they quit by now. Apparently you are offended so I would assume I hit a nail.

Ultimate Dominator , Diamond invader

(edited by TallBarr.2184)

in WvW

Posted by: Tyler Bearce

Previous

Tyler Bearce

Game Designer

The results turned out more mixed than we think will be good for the future health of the game. For that reason we are going to run a “Remove Desert Borderlands?” poll first and then run a variation of this poll again. The updated poll will be reworded for clarification due to large amounts of feedback that many of the ‘No’ votes were cast with a misunderstanding of what they meant.

in WvW

TwistedFate.8705

“And im a roamer”
….

EB is a blob fest during the 2 hours of na prime and then for the rest of the day it is just standing around and dueling so much fun. Obsidian sanction is not a place for roaming. Do you know what roaming is?

in WvW

TwistedFate.8705

The results turned out more mixed than we think will be good for the future health of the game. For that reason we are going to run a “Remove Desert Borderlands?” poll first and then run a variation of this poll again. The updated poll will be reworded for clarification due to large amounts of feedback that many of the ‘No’ votes were cast with a misunderstanding of what they meant.

Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Is the “Remove Desert Borderlands” poll going to require a 75% majority?

These polls are so strange and confusing to me… Some require a simple majority, and this one required a specific, arbitrary threshold.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

The results turned out more mixed than we think will be good for the future health of the game. For that reason we are going to run the “Remove Desert Borderlands?” poll first and then run a variation of this poll again. The updated poll will be reworded for clarification due to large amounts of feedback that many of the ‘No’ votes were cast with a misunderstanding of what they meant.

Good news Tyler thank you, this makes more sense. Any chance there will be a reconsideration of lowering the percentage threshold down from 75% to say 66% or two thirds.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

Don’t shoot yourselves in the foot by keeping dbl around for 3 months at a time. Your “poll” (if you want to call it that) clearly showed the majority picked a greater amount of alpine v desert.
I should hope the other poll to remove dbl completely eliminates this buffoonery.

The poll shows a majority of playerbase wants a mixture of them 2, with 2 alpine and 1 desert. Stop pulling kitten out of your kitten will ya.

is that what the poll showed?
p.s. cats have kittens, not other kittens …sheesh

in WvW

TallBarr.2184

Remove work on new legendaries (advertised in expansion)

Remove new borderland (advertised in the expasnion)

Anet are u kittening kidding me, what did I pay for? holy kitten you guys gotta be kidding me.

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Great news.

I guess.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

X T D.6458

Anet are u kittening kidding me, what did I pay for? holy kitten you guys gotta be kidding me.

Nobody paid for empty maps either.

in WvW

TallBarr.2184

“And im a roamer”
….

EB is a blob fest during the 2 hours of na prime and then for the rest of the day it is just standing around and dueling so much fun. Obsidian sanction is not a place for roaming. Do you know what roaming is?

I would assume you are roaming as in fighting other peep, preferably 1 v 1 or 2 v 2, cut off blobs tail, flip camps and whatnot. If so desert is perfect for you, easier to flip structures, more structures to fight over. Yes, fighting people in OS works perfectly fine.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

That makes absolutely no sense since you set up a trap in the wording/design of the poll to force rotating borderlands unless a practically impossible goal was reached – and despite that votes in favor of mixed borderlands still reached 93% of the way to that goal.

If the dev team also wanted mixed borders, why didnt you word it so that mixed borderlands would default win unless rotating borders had a 75% vote?

That right there tell me it was intentional. This was no “yes” or “no” vote. It was no poll.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in WvW

Teon.5168

The results turned out more mixed than we think will be good for the future health of the game. For that reason we are going to run the “Remove Desert Borderlands?” poll first and then run a variation of this poll again. The updated poll will be reworded for clarification due to large amounts of feedback that many of the ‘No’ votes were cast with a misunderstanding of what they meant.

Good news Tyler thank you, this makes more sense. Any chance there will be a reconsideration of lowering the percentage threshold down from 75% to say 66% or two thirds.

Lowering the threshold at this point would only destroy the credibility of the polling process. 75% was a very poor number to begin with, but they’ve made their bed, now.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Is the “Remove Desert Borderlands” poll going to require a 75% majority?

These polls are so strange and confusing to me… Some require a simple majority, and this one required a specific, arbitrary threshold.

Judging from that nothing else has been said the reasoning from Tyler’s earlier post applies: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Poll-31-May-Mixed-Borderlands-CLOSED/page/5#post6185533

This poll was confusing because it had an option that was split in two, if you, however, consider the Yes 1 and Yes 2 options as a single Yes option combined then the poll followed the reasoning all other polls have up until now (ie. 75% majority required for a change to the game, ie. 75% voting Yes in this case as No implied no change).

The same will apply to the remove DBL poll unless they say otherwise… ie. to keep the status quo (no changes) minority of more than 25% is sufficient, whereas to enact a change in game a majority of 75% or more is required.

In order for the polls to remain fair I doubt they will change it at least not for the polls that center around this particular matter — changing it mid way through such controversial decisions, especially in light of the results of this poll, would simply be a bad idea and destroy credibility of future polls most likely.

(edited by Crise.9401)

in WvW

Teon.5168

That makes absolutely so sense since you set up a trap in the wording/design of the poll to force rotating borderlands unless a practically impossible goal was reached – and despite that votes in favor of mixed borderlands still reached 93% of the way to that goal.

Look at Tyler’s latest response concerning redoing the rotation poll due to the confusing wording/options of the poll.

I can’t wait for the ensuing chaos.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

I’m glad you realized your error with the polling, good save.

in WvW

X T D.6458

Lowering the threshold at this point would only destroy the credibility of the polling process. 75% was a very poor number to begin with, but they’ve made their bed, now.

I dont know about that, if it were presented properly that lowering the threshold makes it easier for everyone, I think it would really help a lot. Simply having the attitude that improvements cant be made because of possible negative perceptions is a very bad path to take.

in WvW

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

I think this is the best solution. If 25% plus one vote of the players want to keep the DBL then future polls can deal with that fact in a more proper way.

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

You got that map whether you bought HoT or not.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

X T D.6458

I know…that wasn’t my point..

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

That was for the other poster. It didn’t show up in the quote.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

X T D.6458

That was for the other poster. It didn’t show up in the quote.

Ah ok

in WvW

TallBarr.2184

They released it with the hot release.

in WvW

Teon.5168

I dont know about that, if it were presented properly that lowering the threshold makes it easier for everyone, I think it would really help a lot. Simply having the attitude that improvements cant be made because of possible negative perceptions is a very bad path to take.

I don’t disagree with you. The initial 75% was a bad number, imo, but that number needs to now stay, for this series of “lands” polls…..otherwise the credibility of this set of polls is completely obliterated, imho. Maybe after the dbl/abl mess is sorted out, then Anet/Tyler could say something like, “for the next series of polls, we will just be asking for a super majority, ie 65% for a poll to pass”.

I think that would be a good and acceptable fix.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

in WvW

X T D.6458

I don’t disagree with you. The initial 75% was a bad number, imo, but that number needs to now stay, for this series of polls. Maybe after the dbl/abl mess is sorted out, then Anet/Tyler could say something like, “for the next series of polls, we will just be asking for a super majority, ie 65% for a poll to pass”.

I think that would be a good fix.

Ah yea I see your point, definitely something to consider for future polls.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

How about we have a poll to “rework or remove dbl” instead?

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

TwistedFate.8705

Just put it all into one poll so we can see really what people want.

in WvW

Teon.5168

We would get into the mess of the last poll, again. They need to keep it super simple….option 1: Get rid of dbls, option 2: Keep dbls…….

If option 2 passes, THEN ask about reworking.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Tyler deserves to go have a beer in peace now, I think many of you could use one too.

Will look forward to having another round of polls coming. The DBL GTFO – (which I hope fails as you need variety for longevity, does not mean you need to enter, but some like it), and the squeal to this one. Hopefully by the time they run live, everyone understands the impacts and weight of their vote. (let alone understand the vote)

in WvW

TallBarr.2184

What rework would u possibly want? they made it easier to navigate beaquse apparently peep have alzheimers who play wvw and forget where to run. They removed the meta event, yes it caused major lag for all parties. Yes they could make north towers position more strategic but why would that be a problem, the vocal cry baby minority only likes to fight on open fields with no structures so why do they care.

in WvW

Teon.5168

Tyler deserves to go have a beer in peace now, I think many of you could use one too.

Will look forward to having another round of polls coming. The DBL GTFO – (which I hope fails as you need variety for longevity, does not mean you need to enter, but some like it), and the squeal to this one. Hopefully by the time they run live, everyone understands the impacts and weight of their vote. (let alone understand the vote)

Well said.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

75% threshold??? LOL

A three-fourths supermajority vote is an extremely rare requirement in most modern democracies.

I get that Anet is trying to ensure that vote results reflect a majority opinion by setting a high threshold, yet supermajority voting is commonly criticized as empowering the minority opinion which is why 2/3rds and 3/5ths thresholds are far more common.

Another metric that should be looked at is % of voting participation. Was it higher than 50%?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

What rework would u possibly want? they made it easier to navigate beaquse apparently peep have alzheimers who play wvw and forget where to run. They removed the meta event, yes it caused major lag for all parties. Yes they could make north towers position more strategic but why would that be a problem, the vocal cry baby minority only likes to fight on open fields with no structures so why do they care.

Always fun when you pop your head out of eotm every few weeks to spew random insults that highlight your lack of understanding.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

75% threshold??? LOL

A three-fourths supermajority vote is an extremely rare requirement in most modern democracies.

I get that Anet is trying to ensure that vote results reflect a majority opinion by setting a high threshold, yet supermajority voting is commonly criticized as empowering the minority opinion.

Which is exactly what happened here. 31% won the vote (3 month rotation).

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in WvW

X T D.6458

Well said.

Go get bombed Tyler, in a good way

This will be interesting now since this poll will be redone.

in WvW

Teon.5168

Well said.

Watch them decrease the percentage to 60% needed for the get rid of dbls poll so that they then don’t have to bother with any of these bl polls ever again.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

in WvW

TallBarr.2184

Always fun when you pop your head out of eotm every few weeks to spew random insults that highlight your lack of understanding.

You must mistake me for someone else, I havent played eotm for 1½ years. Its a nice map tho, argueably better then desert but way better better then stale depressing alpine.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

You must mistake me for someone else, I havent played eotm for 1½ years. Its a nice map tho, argueably better then desert but way better better then stale depressing alpine.

You obviously are not aware of the common complaints with the map.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

X T D.6458

Well said.

Watch them decrease the percentage to 60% needed for the get rid of dbls poll so that they then don’t have to bother with any of these bl polls ever again.

Hypothetically though since this poll will be redone, it could lead people to not vote against the dbl opting instead to wait to vote once again for the simultaneous implementation. Either way it will be quite interesting.

in WvW

Teon.5168

Well said.

Hypothetically though since this poll will be redone, it could lead people to not vote against the dbl opting instead to wait to vote once again for the simultaneous implementation. Either way it will be quite interesting.

Oh yea, I agree. Was just letting my warped sense of humor out of the box.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

This poll was messed up from the start in all honesty. The wording of it, the announcement that there would be another poll about removing dbl in the future instead of before this poll.

Sorry everyone who likes dbl and those that worked on it, now I am forced to vote to remove it entirely. I could have lived with a 2alpine/1dbl implentation, but 3 months of all borderlands being dbl, nope not again.

IKR and we will never get a new map because anet will not want to risk going through this again. GG anet for the poorly constructed poll and gg players for consigning WvW to becoming stale very quickly.

Tyler and Anet I would recommend you revisit this poll after the poll on the DBL and specifically state that you will be doing so in the DBL poll because this poll was so poorly done that the results are questionable.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

X T D.6458

This poll was messed up from the start in all honesty. The wording of it, the announcement that there would be another poll about removing dbl in the future instead of before this poll.

Sorry everyone who likes dbl and those that worked on it, now I am forced to vote to remove it entirely. I could have lived with a 2alpine/1dbl implentation, but 3 months of all borderlands being dbl, nope not again.

IKR and we will never get a new map because anet will not want to risk going through this again. GG anet for the poorly constructed poll and gg players for consigning WvW to becoming stale very quickly.

Tyler and Anet I would recommend you revisit this poll after the poll on the DBL and specifically state that you will be doing so in the DBL poll because this poll was so poorly done that the results are questionable.

Your gonna find out eventually but thought I would add, they are going to remake and redo this poll. And have the dbl poll next.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

75% threshold??? LOL

I get that Anet is trying to ensure that vote results reflect a majority opinion by setting a high threshold, yet supermajority voting is commonly criticized as empowering the minority opinion which is why 2/3rds and 3/5ths thresholds are far more common.

Another metric that should be looked at is % of voting participation. Was it higher than 50%?

I agree 2/3 would be better.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Your gonna find out eventually but thought I would add, they are going to remake and redo this poll. And have the dbl poll next.

Yes I saw that after I posted, that is a wise course of action.

Jade Quarry [SoX]