WvW Tournament Rewards Distribution Delay

in WvW

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Next

Q:

While the World vs. World team investigates an issue with tournament reward chest distribution, we are temporarily delaying access to the rewards that would have otherwise been available on the Battle Historian on June 3rd. We hope this will help prevent further compounding the issue, and avoiding unnecessary confusion while we work to resolve the problem. Thank you for your patience.

in WvW

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Previous

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Next

A:

Tournament rewards for the World vs. World Spring 2014 Tournament will be available in the June 17th build. Once that build is live, you will be able to speak to the Battle Historian in any WvW map to get an updated tournament chest that has the correct rewards and number of tickets for your placement. Previously issued tickets will be voided with the build. Feel free to open any chests that you have already received now.

To thank you for your patience while we sorted out this bug, all players who completed the meta achievement will receive an additional 100 tickets.

Thank you once again for your understanding.

in WvW

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

The WvW Season 2 has been going on for 2 months, and because you don’t figure out that you have no clue how to do the rewards until a couple days before the end the rest of us get screwed? GG

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in WvW

Posted by: adubb.2453

adubb.2453

ETA on when this issue will be resolved? This seems like something that should be really easy to correct. Check to see if the WvW season 2 meta flag was flipped. If Yes, give reward.

While Dragonbrand didn’t do all that well, I still want my tokens!

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

ETA on when this issue will be resolved? This seems like something that should be really easy to correct. Check to see if the WvW season 2 meta flag was flipped. If Yes, give reward.

To be fair that is most likely already the case, and yet it doesn’t work, so the issue is most likely deeper down.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

To be fair that is most likely already the case, and yet it doesn’t work, so the issue is most likely deeper down.

That actually isn’t the case. It’s something else, because you’re awarded an achievement for the particular PLACE you earned.

Something with the places must not be reaching the proper flags to recognize and distribute the tickets.

Hopefully they can resolve the issue soon.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Jorgas.9713

Jorgas.9713

You seriously expect players to stay with you in gw when you treat us like this? – …get staff who dont mess up.

in WvW

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

LOL I’m positive you had half the game mad at Anet for not getting rewards, now the other half who actually got their rewards (and in some cases the incorrect reward) gets their turn to show thier frustration.

Keeping positive ofc.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

in WvW

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

So very disappointing. =/

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in WvW

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

oh come on the ones affected should be the ones waiting.
the rest of us that did get the chest should not have to be punished.
rewards should still be available on the 3rd, those affected can claim theirs when you fix the chest problem.

in WvW

Posted by: The Pied Piper.9827

The Pied Piper.9827

Just be glad you have your tickets and you know that eventually you will be able to use them. Alot of us do not even have the tickets we deserve and can only hope we get them.

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

This should all have been tested and the reward npc’s in place before the end of the season. Instead the lack of care and attention to wvw shines through once again, and yet again we’re handed the short end of the stick.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: Nightingale.8364

Nightingale.8364

Wow!! Watch the QQ now…seriously anet guys, this is not they way to do things at all. Oh btw….any chance on the season 1 fix that was promised??? For all we know this could go on another 6 months.

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

I can see a game roll back coming soon… going to annoy a lot more people

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Dear devs, if you gonna re-use contents by just changing the achievements then at least check if you are counting the achievements correctly. It seems like rewarding the players in GW2 is such a complex issue that even the devs can’t figure it out.

But on the positive side, I think you guys are making the right decision to cause frustration for 100% of players instead of 50% of us. GG

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in WvW

Posted by: Feandro.5264

Feandro.5264

I’m going to voice an unpopular opinion, this is a good call. If its an issue, why should some people who are suffering from a bug be doubly affected, by not having their chest at all they’re afraid, and by seeing other people with their items they’ll be bummed out. Nobody has access to the vendor, everybody is on equal footing.

So once again, Good Call Anet.

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

1. Change the tickets that were given out already to grey items. Let people sell them for 1s each or something so they won’t complain
2. Fix the bug
3. Redistribute the chests with a new ticket item inside, make sure the vendor accepts the correct tickets

no rollbacks needed

in WvW

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

LOL devs made a joooke " World vs. World team" what team?

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

in WvW

Victory.2879

Bad planning and a lack of resources doesn’t make it a good call.

in WvW

sirflamesword.3896

I’m going to voice an unpopular opinion, this is a good call. If its an issue, why should some people who are suffering from a bug be doubly affected, by not having their chest at all they’re afraid, and by seeing other people with their items they’ll be bummed out. Nobody has access to the vendor, everybody is on equal footing.

You should always go by the rule, if I can’t have it then NOOOOOBODY can have it. It always works out well.

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

I understand the preventing the use of tickets… makes perfect sense because some people will have chests they don’t deserve and others it says that the chest has been unlocked but no chest was received…

The only way to fix this properly will be to figure out what went wrong and roll back the game to remove everyone’s reward and then re-allocate the rewards properly. The alternative is going through everyone’s inventory history and correcting things on an individual basis which is just not possible.

The biggest problem is that if you get a nice drop between the end of the tournament and the day they reset, you are going to lose it.

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

in WvW

Posted by: Avit.3165

Avit.3165

Seriously,you gonna punish the majority of the people for your own mistakes?
BRAVO Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

No, thank you. I’d rather see them fix it relatively quickly (which they are likely to do if they are working under pressure of the whole WvW community). If they were to leave only bugged people hanging, then i am afraid of it ending the same as season one (where from what i hear some people are still waiting for the fix).

(also, as someone already mentioned, there were people that received wrong rewards. Allowing them to use their tickets might seriously compound the problem).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

in WvW

Victory.2879

They won’t roll back the game. Presumably they have a record of the state of the meta achievement as at the end of the season for every account, it’s just a question of working out what lack of testing failed to pick up on and fixing it. So a couple of months and we’ll get sorted……

in WvW

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

We hope this will help prevent further compounding the issue, and avoiding unnecessary confusion while we work to resolve the problem.

SOOOO…

MANY people didn’t receive their CHESTS, thus delaying WHEN they will get their rewards.

ArenaNet’s answer? To delay EVERYONE’s rewards, so even those that DID get their chests won’t be able to get their weapons.

WAY. TO. GO.

Any idea if we will be able to get our rewards BEFORE season 3? Considering how some people STILL haven’t received their season ONE rewards? Although I guess this will be decided by the LIVING Story team, since the WvW seasons are basically PLACEHOLDERS for the periods between Living Story content.

in WvW

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

rewards should still be available on the 3rd, those affected can claim theirs when you fix the chest problem.

I’m sure we’re not being “punished”. I suspect the delay is in place to prevent a lot of trolling, flaming and arguing between players who did get their weapon skins and those who did not. I see people with legendaries and commander tags getting hassled all the time, so this isn’t surprising.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

So, they talked like 50% of the time on their Ready Up stream about how they are proud of their achievments and rewards for this season… Am I the only one having this ironic grin, now that the defecation has hit the ventilation?

in WvW

Posted by: Pione.7092

Pione.7092

Definitely the right call. Unpredictable stuff happens, nbd.

in WvW

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

why should some people suffer seeing other people with items. Nobody has, everybody is on equal footing.

I think there’s an economic structure named for this but i’m not sure….

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

SOOOO…

MANY people didn’t receive their CHESTS, thus delaying WHEN they will get their rewards.

ArenaNet’s answer? To delay EVERYONE’s rewards, so even those that DID get their chests won’t be able to get their weapons.

WAY. TO. GO.

Any idea if we will be able to get our rewards BEFORE season 3? Considering how some people STILL haven’t received their season ONE rewards? Although I guess this will be decided by the LIVING Story team, since the WvW seasons are basically PLACEHOLDERS for the periods between Living Story content.

Did you even read the post you quoted?
He gave a good reason as to why they delay everything.
IN ORDER TO NOT MAKE THE ISSUE WORSE. How is that so hard to understand?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: arjov.8649

arjov.8649

Thanks for the wise decision, nice job.
Hope you can figure how to solve this issue soon.

in WvW

Posted by: Oega Boogabooga.6207

Oega Boogabooga.6207

and to no surprise more people crying about getting a tiny reward and their way to spend em delayed by a week or 2.
be happy theyre probably doing all they can, oh and if its so easy to fix? go apply for a job prommising to fix it all for em, i’m sure they will be happy to hire you.

random characters here

in WvW

Test.8734

He gave a good reason as to why they delay everything.
IN ORDER TO NOT MAKE THE ISSUE WORSE. How is that so hard to understand?

Because, Vayne THE Second, it’s rather obvious that not giving rewards to ANYONE is WORSE than not giving rewards to SOME. It’s ArenaNet’s own fault that many players won’t get their rewards, but it’s simply POOR management to punish EVERYONE because of their mistake.

I DIDN’T get my chest. But it’s rather RIDICULOUS to not give rewards to ANYONE because SOME wouldn’t be able to get itin time.

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

They are doing this to keep track of who has tickets already, if people spend them they have no way knowing who’s received the tickets.

Just sit tight.

in WvW

Posted by: xyvez.3180

xyvez.3180

A-net you had a good solid time span (while during the Tournament) to fix this reward system like there is no excuse not to get this right. Don’t get me wrong the 2nd Tournament was great, built on a solid foundation, solid reward system but this “small/minor” problem had just lost the player base you have gained.

(edited by xyvez.3180)

in WvW

Posted by: Hobbitz.5831

Hobbitz.5831

Punishing those that already received their chest because others didn’t get one seems wrong to me. It would be understandable if it was stats gear but it’s not.

That being said, if the only way to sort this issue out is to delete all the tickets already given and send out a second wave of chests then this is probably the right call.

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

You aren’t being punished by having to wait a extra week for an item skin. Grow up

in WvW

Posted by: naeren.2354

naeren.2354

Good call. Watching all the tears fall from people who think they’re getting “screwed” because they’ll have to wait a little longer to get some virtual tickets makes the wait entirely worth it.

in WvW

Posted by: joe.9815

joe.9815

what about the finishers?

in WvW

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

I had paragraphs of incredulity written, but realized I couldn’t do this one justice.

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

You aren’t being punished by having to wait a extra week for an item skin. Grow up

This. WTF. How old are the majority of the player base? 12? Bunch of kids crying because their toys will take some more time to arrive.

[HUE]

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Because, Vayne THE Second, it’s rather obvious that not giving rewards to ANYONE is WORSE than not giving rewards to SOME. It’s ArenaNet’s own fault that many players won’t get their rewards, but it’s simply POOR management to punish EVERYONE because of their mistake.

I DIDN’T get my chest. But it’s rather RIDICULOUS to not give rewards to ANYONE because SOME wouldn’t be able to get itin time.

But it is not like they are removing the rewards forever. Everyone will still get them. Why does it matter if I get them tomorrow or if I get them next week? I will get them sooner or later anyway.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

Wow.

9 weeks worth of tournament you’ve had to be on top of this issue. You should have done some kind of roll out for tickets as people’s servers had guaranteed their particular position. At least then you wouldn’t have been ‘dumped’ with this problem and playing catch up while everyone waits for their reward that was supposed to come after the tournament had finished.

(edited by FearedbytheGods.8617)

in WvW

sirflamesword.3896

This. WTF. How old are the majority of the player base? 12? Bunch of kids crying because their toys will take some more time to arrive.

Ah yes it is crying and whining when a game company doesn’t do enough testing with more than 2 months time in between the start of the Season and now. What’s REALLY sad are the people here defending something like this. There is literally NO reason something like this should happen, most little bugs you can blow off because there is no amount of testing you can do that will find them all, but literally the only thing different with the WvW season compared to normal is the rewards. THAT IS THE ONLY THING THAT HAD TO BE PROGRAMMED, and they couldn’t get it right? It’s sad.

in WvW

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

I think people are tick off because a lot of us played most of the 9 nine weeks in the tournament, and now to be told we have to wait an indefinite period for our rewards over an avoidable issue. It’s a bit much.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Prepare to wait a long time. They didn’t even fix the missing rewards from season 1 yet.

in WvW

Test.8734

Why does it matter if I get them tomorrow or if I get them next week? I will get them sooner or later anyway.

Tell that to the PLAYERS who still haven’t received their season ONE rewards.

There is only so LONG you can FOOL people before they stop believing in you.

in WvW

Posted by: startomus.2310

startomus.2310

I wonder if this is also because they realized that everyone should get at least 1 shiny weapon for doing the Meta so they have to revise the ticket prices as well. As someone from Dragonbrand, I seriously hope this is the case. Seriously… no seriously. /cries in corner

in WvW

Posted by: Atamus.3218

Atamus.3218

While the World vs. World team investigates an issue with tournament reward chest distribution, we are temporarily delaying access to the rewards that would have otherwise been available on the Battle Historian on June 3rd. We hope this will help prevent further compounding the issue, and avoiding unnecessary confusion while we work to resolve the problem. Thank you for your patience.

I am okay, we are okay, are you okay?

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Reports from these forums indicate that players have gotten a chest with the wrong number of tickets. How do you propose that part be fixed without Anet disabling the spending of the tickets?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast