WvW Tournament Rewards Distribution Delay

in WvW

Posted by: verm.6150

verm.6150

If it was PvE it would have been fixed and patched within 24 hours.

in WvW

Posted by: Master Togo.4281

Master Togo.4281

Lets go back to GW1.
Or
Stop Buyin Gems with real cash. I havent done that in past and wont do that even in future.

Ingame: King Of Black Gate
Home: Black Gate
Guild: We The Farmers [WTF]

in WvW

Master Togo.4281

I played the original GW and was impressed by the competence and respectfulness of the staff. Now it seems we have just the opposite. Incompetent staff and disrespect across the board – many played every night to see their rewards. Now nothing. Perhaps it is time to fire this current batch of clowns and bring back the original team.

200% Agree bro. Gw1 had respectfull community & devs.
I am goin back go gw1 anyway and if one day they shutdown gw1 servers, i wil move to some other game but wont come back to gw2. Unless anet change the way they dealin with loyal players like us.

in WvW

Posted by: DanyxEleven.9162

DanyxEleven.9162

in WvW

Posted by: Monadproxy.3489

Monadproxy.3489

That is only becasue PvE patches are almost always on a Tuesday and the Devs still have work on Wednesday. The reward distribution happened on a Friday and i don’t believe they have ever fixed anything over the weekend, including PvE.

in WvW

Master Togo.4281

Be ready to face more Fails like these once LS part 2 Start next month.

in WvW

Posted by: Winecandy.1530

Winecandy.1530

Im a kind of happy with this, ive got more time to figure out which weapon to chose now
Cant decide:s
dagger, sword staff, hammer..

in WvW

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Unbelievable! The logic of most being forced to wait while a small portion of the players are receiving errors is just ridiculous. I sympathize for you guys waiting, but in the real world (to whoever decided on this delay) , you’d be broke or run out of business making a company policy/decision like this.

Think about it —- A few customers genuinely qualified for a rebate on their insurance, but due to a staffing error did not receive it. So, all customers who qualified and are expecting/have gotten the check don’t get it or can’t cash it until those customers get resolved..which could take months

We don’t really know if this is a small portion of players that are affected unless you have access to info rest of us don’t. I suspect it is more widespread, hence the delay. I would rather they fix the problem and then issue the rewards en masse vs. just compounding a confusing issue. Staffing error is NOT what this is so your argument is not valid in that direction. This is not the real world so our delay is a virtual one and not important compared to a real life.

Impatience to get the rewards is simply an, “I gotta have it now” mentality. (though Season 1 folk who did not get theirs yet have a very valid complaint) Once the rewards are issued, though, I can see the complaining threads about how it is not enough, not what they wanted yada, yada, yada.

Hubby got his and I didn’t so I have to wait. I am glad at least Mark Katzbach posted to let us know there was an issue and that they are working on it. Yeah, I want my reward for the work I put in but I want it when they get it fixed.

in WvW

Posted by: BootyWarrior.5243

BootyWarrior.5243

How many of u know that they have not fixed the issue for season 1 yet? Of course ppl r mad, because 6months is longass time. If you cant do it dont do it, stop lying/giving false hope to ppl, it’s getting old. Remember that guy that posted about WvW achievement? He said it will be fixed at the year’s end, well it’s almost a year from that “year’s end” now, nothing’s changed, and I’m sure nothing will for a long time. I did’t get my s1 rewards, I didn’t get my s2 rewards, and I’m sure we won’t get them at all. So just give up hoping it’ll get fixed cuz just like 6months ago, this will be another disappointment.

in WvW

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

How many of u know that they have not fixed the issue for season 1 yet? Of course ppl r mad, because 6months is longass time. If you cant do it dont do it, stop lying/giving false hope to ppl, it’s getting old. Remember that guy that posted about WvW achievement? He said it will be fixed at the year’s end, well it’s almost a year from that “year’s end” now, nothing’s changed, and I’m sure nothing will for a long time. I did’t get my s1 rewards, I didn’t get my s2 rewards, and I’m sure we won’t get them at all. So just give up hoping it’ll get fixed cuz just like 6months ago, this will be another disappointment.

The turnout for S2 was quite possibly double or higher the turnout for S1 simply due to the fact it impacts more players they’ll probably fix S2 rewards while still ignoring the guys that got screwed in S1 because its not enough people to be worth their time.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

This is kind of disappointment happened many times before and it will happen again.

Getting used to it and don’t expect much.

It should be fixed soon enough.

Fire Water Air
FA

in WvW

Posted by: NovaZephyr.1293

NovaZephyr.1293

Still waiting to get my chest for season 2. My disappointment grows. Hopefully it gets fixed and whatever glitches are causing this debacle are dealt with before the next season begins.

in WvW

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

i dont get why this means everyone shouldn’t get access, all that would happen to the unlucky ones is that they wait. dont see why that calls for everyone to now be unlucky.

in WvW

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

This is a little disappointing but it’s for the best.
Also why do so many people assume everyone wants to buy a weapon with their tickets?

in WvW

Posted by: tebbles.1564

tebbles.1564

You sure about that?

THE TRUTH

in WvW

Posted by: VampyreJack.9183

VampyreJack.9183

Also why do so many people assume everyone wants to buy a weapon with their tickets?

lol, because any true hardcore wvw player (the ones who earned their tickets) likely has no need/desire for anything other than a new skin to symbolize their efforts. A mini dolyak? we already got that last season, plus it’s really not even a good mini; i know no one that uses it (just like Queen Jennah), and tomes of knowledge and obsidian shards? i already had 12 level 80 wvw toons before this season (hardcore player) and already have more obsidian shards than i want. the weapons are truly the only thing of value to the people who earned the tickets imo; the one indentifiable bragging right for your hard work.

in WvW

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

Switch to another WvW BL from your BL
Switch to EBG
Switch to your WvW BL

Doesn’t work, and as of todays patch the 2014 Spring Tournament was moved to historical so it’s my understanding that nothing you do in game can change it.

It’s almost comical though that this is the exact problem they had in season 1. I truly believe they tried to fix the issue it’s just that the people assigned to the task aren’t up to the job if they have failed twice.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

(edited by Muusic.2967)

in WvW

Posted by: EKAN.4051

EKAN.4051

lol, because any true hardcore wvw player (the ones who earned their tickets) likely has no need/desire for anything other than a new skin to symbolize their efforts. A mini dolyak? we already got that last season, plus it’s really not even a good mini; i know no one that uses it (just like Queen Jennah), and tomes of knowledge and obsidian shards? i already had 12 level 80 wvw toons before this season (hardcore player) and already have more obsidian shards than i want. the weapons are truly the only thing of value to the people who earned the tickets imo; the one indentifiable bragging right for your hard work.

So rest havent earned there tickets? How about ascended acsessery + wvw infuses worth 70 laurels? That takes awhile if you use lots of dif jools.

“Death is just another path”

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

It’s amazing that people still have faith in getting their rewards someday.

This thread will expand to another 20-30 pages of comments with no response/update from ANet and eventually people will forget about it and move on….meanwhile all the issues on the China support list are dealt with at the highest priority levels. EU/NA is basically doomed since the focus $$ is somewhere else…

Welcome to the reality…

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in WvW

Posted by: VampyreJack.9183

VampyreJack.9183

So rest havent earned there tickets? How about ascended acsessery + wvw infuses worth 70 laurels? That takes awhile if you use lots of dif jools.

i stated it was the one “identifiable” bragging right. Ascended accessories don’t show that you worked hard to help your server come out on top. While sure, other people in our server that didn’t really contribute much are able to get the same reward i am, it still remains the only identifiable bragging right.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

The turnout for S2 was quite possibly double or higher the turnout for S1

Based on what?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: tebbles.1564

tebbles.1564

There wouldn’t be vertical gear progression they said.
There would be a major change in WvW with the seasons they said.
There would be ‘rewards’ for S1 they said.
There would be rewards for S2 they said.

I’m seeing a pattern here.

THE TRUTH

in WvW

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

The turnout for S2 was quite possibly double or higher the turnout for S1

Based on what?

Based on several statements made through various mediums, particularly the emphasis on much higher turnout during the recent live stream. As well as personal reports from friends that play in the silver/bronze leagues.

T1 obviously isn’t really going to notice much difference than the usual though.

(edited by NeuroMuse.1763)

in WvW

DanyxEleven.9162

i stated it was the one “identifiable” bragging right. Ascended accessories don’t show that you worked hard to help your server come out on top. While sure, other people in our server that didn’t really contribute much are able to get the same reward i am, it still remains the only identifiable bragging right.

Practicality > Vanity

Two months of laurels (60 days + 2 monthlies, 80 laurels) is ridiculous, I’ll take my accessories. Having that is better than a weapon skin that 80% of WvWers will have access to. And I’ll have 50 tix left over, so I’ll probably snag some Dragonite Ore so I don’t have to deal with as many World Bosses (Keeps aren’t very efficient in getting DG Ore). Much better than some subpar skin. If I wanted bragging rights via my weapon, I’d craft a Legendary.

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Practicality > Vanity

Two months of laurels (60 days + 2 monthlies, 80 laurels) is ridiculous, I’ll take my accessories. Having that is better than a weapon skin that 80% of WvWers will have access to. And I’ll have 50 tix left over, so I’ll probably snag some Dragonite Ore so I don’t have to deal with as many World Bosses (Keeps aren’t very efficient in getting DG Ore). Much better than some subpar skin. If I wanted bragging rights via my weapon, I’d craft a Legendary.

Depends on what resources you have and how much you value them I guess. I’m not too worried about ascended jewelry, I have tons of laurels/commendations for that… plus gold will be an option whenever they introduce 500 jc-ing… so lots of ways to get them. On the other hand, these weapons you can only get from doing WvW tournies.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

Please get this fixed this week. This is ridiculous. Theres no reason for this lack of service on delivering a reward on an in-game competition. Its akin to not getting paid for a week or 2 week’s worth of work.

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

in WvW

Master Togo.4281

i am getting more and more the feelings, that ANET is trying hard to kill this game. if so, just keep it up anet. it wont take long to reach ur goal.

in WvW

Posted by: iyzak.9268

iyzak.9268

While the World vs. World team investigates an issue with tournament reward chest distribution, we are temporarily delaying access to the rewards that would have otherwise been available on the Battle Historian on June 3rd. We hope this will help prevent further compounding the issue, and avoiding unnecessary confusion while we work to resolve the problem. Thank you for your patience.

thanks for the update, hope to hear more soon and a swiftly fixed problem

in WvW

DanyxEleven.9162

Practicality > Vanity

Depends on what resources you have and how much you value them I guess. I’m not too worried about ascended jewelry, I have tons of laurels/commendations for that… plus gold will be an option whenever they introduce 500 jc-ing… so lots of ways to get them. On the other hand, these weapons you can only get from doing WvW tournies.

To each their own, I guess. If I had the resources for accessories, crafting, infusions, etc, then I suppose I’d have nothing to choose but the skin. Likewise, with so many options open to me, I can’t say the weapon skins would be a priority for me like it is everyone else. But again, whatever floats your boat.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Lets go back to GW1.
Or
Stop Buyin Gems with real cash. I havent done that in past and wont do that even in future.

Yes! I’ve been wanting to play GW1 for awhile now. It really is such a better game.

Do enough people still play it?

in WvW

Master Togo.4281

Lets go back to GW1.
Or

Yes! I’ve been wanting to play GW1 for awhile now. It really is such a better game.

Do enough people still play it?

i do play gw1 once a week. there are still ppl playing it but not many as b4 gw2 launch. hmmm maybe its about time to rebuild the gw1 community again
for my self, i am goin back to gw1 and wont play gw2 anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: StudioDraven.6538

StudioDraven.6538

i dont get why this means everyone shouldn’t get access, all that would happen to the unlucky ones is that they wait. dont see why that calls for everyone to now be unlucky.

And all that happens to all of you who did get the reward already is that you wait as well.

In fact you know what, let’s turn this around, shall we? WE earned the reward just as much as YOU did. You’re perfectly happy for us to have to wait for our reward, but now you have to wait as well you’re up in arms about it.

I wonder how many people in this thread, moaning about having to wait for something that some of us don’t even have yet anyway, would be behaving if THEY were the ones who hadn’t gotten their reward.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Based on several statements made through various mediums, particularly the emphasis on much higher turnout during the recent live stream. As well as personal reports from friends that play in the silver/bronze leagues.

T1 obviously isn’t really going to notice much difference than the usual though.

Anecdotally I’d say the turnout was less based on T1 pop and based on feedback I’ve heard from other servers BUT this is related to WvW proper not EOTM if EOTM is included well it quite possibly could be higher but then I don’t regard that as WvW. Plus there was nothing else on PvE wise during S2 and it was longer. This shouldn’t have an effect on reward functionality however.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Arkard.3970

Arkard.3970

You forgot this:

“Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue preventing some players from purchasing gems using PayPal."

Miyako [Kupo] – 80 Thief
Tarnished Coast Server

in WvW

Posted by: Black Scoutsman.5830

Black Scoutsman.5830

You forgot this:

“Bug Fixes

I know i’m not the only one who finds this absolutely histarical

Human Warrior, Ranger and dedicated Scout of Yaks bend
The Pinnacle of Resposibility [Mom]

in WvW

Posted by: Arkard.3970

Arkard.3970

You forgot this:

“Bug Fixes

I know i’m not the only one who finds this absolutely histarical

You may also note that the tickets if you received them have new art. So yeah. They didn’t fix being able to get them or claim them, but they did find the time to change the art!

Miyako [Kupo] – 80 Thief
Tarnished Coast Server

in WvW

Posted by: Mallybum.3658

Mallybum.3658

Hi! So I’m one of the many who didn’t receive my Season 2 WvW rewards. I’ve stayed in Stormbluff Isle server ever since beta and my account is Mallybum.3658 and my ingame character is Mally the Blessed. I also attached a screenshot of me completing the meta and hopefully that will help whoever is looking into the problem. Umm if I’m missing any other helpful information I guess a GW2 rep can contact me through my account?

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Cyan Hyperion.3479

Cyan Hyperion.3479

I normally don’t post on the forums but I wanted to add my name in the list that did not receive a chest. And show how messed up my stats are in game.

- I have been on the same server with no switching during event or after.
- WvW status on the achievement screen says that I have 1st place participant in WvW tournament and the chest image dispays with the wording of unlocked. But I never received any chest. Historian in edge of the mist says 3rd place. 3rd place is correct not 1st.
- I completed all the required point for chest.

I do not understand how all my friends received a chest and I didn’t. Their info is displaying 3rd place yet mine says 1st and 3rd depending on where you look. We played together during the wvw tournament. Confused o.O

in WvW

Posted by: Ilyaniii.3918

Ilyaniii.3918

Hi! So I’m one of the many who didn’t receive my Season 2 WvW rewards. I’ve stayed in Stormbluff Isle server ever since beta and my account is Mallybum.3658 and my ingame character is Mally the Blessed. I also attached a screenshot of me completing the meta and hopefully that will help whoever is looking into the problem. Umm if I’m missing any other helpful information I guess a GW2 rep can contact me through my account?

OH MY GOD, those laurels. Share some?

in WvW

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

The best thing for you to do is post your important information in a support ticket- not on a forum where it will most likely get drowned out & forgotten.

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

At least they have not closed this thread as a match-up, because there are several factions here, all valid.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

in WvW

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

Do not worry, noone can access the rewards yet. The update was just to fix the gemstore.

in WvW

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

Good job ANET. As you keep failing your WvWvW population slowly bleeds out.

You give no significant attention to WvWvW, ever. You implement changes no one wants. You force the WvWvW population to engage in your “season”… something a significantly sized vocal subset dislike. Then you fail to properly code the reward chest distribution (caused by failure to test all corner cases… and probably related to the allowance of transfers— which a significantly size subset dislikes). Fail company is fail.

in WvW

Posted by: Nendarenelle.1426

Nendarenelle.1426

I was first, who made this meta achievement in my guild. On the second day after start of the tournament. Only I didn’t get my reward chest. It’s seems ironic.

P.S. Sorry for my english.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

You forgot this:

“Bug Fixes

Yep within a few hours of the patch, bet they made sure they had the resources on that to fix it ASAP.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Airwolf.7382

Airwolf.7382

Did not get my birthday gifts at the 1 year anniversary. friends ended up getting double. And this time I did not get the reward as well… Please put some work behind the game and stop pretending that this was just a accident that could not be prevented with better work.

in WvW

Ilyaniii.3918

As someone who purchases Gems weekly to support this game. I am very confused as to where my money is going to? In most other cases when a company messes up this bad there is some form of Apology and compensation. Rather than Forum mods deleting posts they don’t agree with. I think the WvW community has been very patient. And this is unacceptable from Guild Wars.

in WvW

Posted by: Sind Bowdragon.8374

Sind Bowdragon.8374

First To Ilyaniii. Your money went towards the China release and other game productions.

Second: Why is everyone crying over a skin? It’s not like your getting and ascended item with stats. It’s a freaking skin. Everyone in GW2 is going to be running around with that skin so its not like your going to have some special skin that only a few people got like a legendary item.
Stop the crying and enjoy the game and go for items that actually give you stats and not an item that every Single Person that play’s GW2 is going to also be wearing for the next month.

Sind Bowdragon
Stormbluff Isle
[TBT] The Black TowerS

in WvW

Ilyaniii.3918

First To Ilyaniii. Your money went towards the China release and other game productions.

Second: Why is everyone crying over a skin? It’s not like your getting and ascended item with stats. It’s a freaking skin. Everyone in GW2 is going to be running around with that skin so its not like your going to have some special skin that only a few people got like a legendary item.
Stop the crying and enjoy the game and go for items that actually give you stats and not an item that every Single Person that play’s GW2 is going to also be wearing for the next month.

I agree 100% with you (China other games and silly skin) It’s the fact we were promised and Anet has not delivered, I cannot think of a time any Update has ever gone smoothely for WvW. And I think if they are having so much trouble, perhaps they should revamp their “WvW Team”.

in WvW

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

There is no two ways about it, 75% of the people who complain here will make a gem purchase within the next week. ANET will get paid and nothing changes.

If the TOS is anything like any other game… you are RENTING your character from them. ANET owns your character, not you. Give this a thought next time you want to blow $20 bucks on a miniature bear cub to follow you around. lol.