WvW Tournament Rewards Distribution Delay

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

First To Ilyaniii. Your money went towards the China release and other game productions.

Second: Why is everyone crying over a skin? It’s not like your getting and ascended item with stats. It’s a freaking skin. Everyone in GW2 is going to be running around with that skin so its not like your going to have some special skin that only a few people got like a legendary item.
Stop the crying and enjoy the game and go for items that actually give you stats and not an item that every Single Person that play’s GW2 is going to also be wearing for the next month.

I agree 100% with you (China other games and silly skin) It’s the fact we were promised and Anet has not delivered, I cannot think of a time any Update has ever gone smoothely for WvW. And I think if they are having so much trouble, perhaps they should revamp their “WvW Team”.

Don’t forget they made this season 9weeks long…more than anyone should have to endure when everyone knew from the start who would win.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: DanyxEleven.9162

DanyxEleven.9162

It’s not like your getting and ascended item with stats.

Did you even look at the rewards? If you check my post above, yes, actually, I am getting TWO ascended items with stats.

in WvW

Posted by: Sind Bowdragon.8374

Sind Bowdragon.8374

Did you even look at the rewards? If you check my post above, yes, actually, I am getting TWO ascended items with stats.

Which one? the one with the laurels? I saw your name a lot looking through this post.

Sind Bowdragon
Stormbluff Isle
[TBT] The Black TowerS

in WvW

Posted by: Biohunter.3029

Biohunter.3029

Hello, I’m also affected by the bug. My username is biohunter.3029 and a character name is Iviviana. Hopefully this issue gets resolved soon, I’ve been looking forward for the rewards since it would’ve been a birthday treat. If any more information is needed a dev can reach me in game I guess.

in WvW

DanyxEleven.9162

Which one? the one with the laurels? I saw your name a lot looking through this post.

Ascended accessories are available for 200 tix a pop. Much better than some silly skin. And what I’d said before is I spent laurels on ascended recipes knowing I’d be able to get at least one trink (ranked 2nd, so can get 2), and it bothers me knowing that I may never get to spend my tix and that I won’t even have the laurels to get my trinks now. I’m with you on the part that the skin is silly, but this is now impacting my stats, which impacts my build and the playability of my main (seeing as I’ve already transitioned into a new build and Exos are hard to find/make in Celestial). And I don’t want to buy another stat set just so Anet can fix the problem and THAT be wasted. It’s a catch-22 that, for some people, affects a little more than vanity items.

tl;dr skins are dumb, I’m tryna get trinks, this is the only way I can afford them because I was dumb enough to trust Anet

in WvW

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

If it was PvE something players could make good amounts of gold from it would have been fixed and patched within 24 hours.

in WvW

Posted by: lorndarken.3702

lorndarken.3702

this is how it feels after a tournament and you find out that the cake was a lie

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

this is how it feels after a tournament and you find out that the cake was a lie

I still love that movie…

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

Just looking back before the game’s release on how the developers were looking to make this game an eSport and fub something so simple on their 2nd WvW Tournament is absolutely laughable. It seems like developers have no clue as to why this problem occurred, and in no hurry to “investigate” the problem. Its like instead of going in and rebuilding code to fix problems, you are putting band-aid patch work to fix the problem that only fixes some majority situations.

Anet, You need hire a brand new team to handle WvW/sPVP and to put more resources into testing if you haven’t already totally abandoned the idea of this game becoming anything close to a eSport. Perhaps you can get everything right the 3rd time around.

The fact that it looks like that fixing something that should have been simple is going to take weeks if not months looks like very poor planning. Maybe you should not have implemented a server overhaul in the middle of a tournament where servers were involved in the reward process. It seems like some of the same people that had problems with daily resets back in April and finished their meta before the April 15th update are the same people not getting their rewards.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

in WvW

Posted by: Ilyaniii.3918

Ilyaniii.3918

Just looking back before the game’s release on how the developers were looking to make this game an eSport and fub something so simple on their 2nd WvW Tournament is absolutely laughable. It seems like developers have no clue as to why this problem occurred, and in no hurry to “investigate” the problem. Its like instead of going in and rebuilding code to fix problems, you are putting band-aid patch work to fix the problem that only fixes some majority situations.

Anet, You need hire a brand new team to handle WvW/sPVP and to put more resources into testing if you haven’t already totally abandoned the idea of this game becoming anything close to a eSport. Perhaps you can get everything right the 3rd time around.

The fact that it looks like that fixing something that should have been simple is going to take weeks if not months looks like very poor planning. Maybe you should not have implemented a server overhaul in the middle of a tournament where servers were involved in the reward process. It seems like some of the same people that had problems with daily resets back in April and finished their meta before the April 15th update are the same people not getting their rewards.

What worries me is that you are probably right..

in WvW

Posted by: Ankushp.7245

Ankushp.7245

Its amazing, the speed at which they resolve bugs relating to “Purchase of Gems” . So there must be a 100 devs allocated to the Gem Store and one slow poke dev for solving the WvW Reward Bug who will be done by the next season…..

in WvW

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

Its amazing, the speed at which they resolve bugs relating to “Purchase of Gems” . So there must be a 100 devs allocated to the Gem Store and one slow poke dev for solving the WvW Reward Bug who will be done by the next season…..

Agreed, but there’s also the high chance there is only one or two devs looking after the WHOLE WvW area of the game. Think of it this way, all they have done in wvw since release is add wvw ranks and change the middle. That being said, we were promised June the 3rd to claim our awards, then they did a patch today that should have let us, now they say ‘temporarily disabled’ to delay more people because of THEIR own bug, not letting others get the chest. Now we have to wait, more.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Still no reward chest. It is really incredible how constantly they fail to do it right. I played on my server since release and also bought gems in large amounts. If I compare this to other companies this is just disastrous and embarassing. Do it right for once! During the period of GW1 Anet was such a great company. There were of course bugs here and there, but I always had the impression that the game runs smooth and has constant content added, never crashes, has never problems etc etc. What happened? Also, it seems the only important focus is the Gem store for money making. That’s just sad. I stopped playing and moved on to other games. I will come back periodically, still hoping there will be some awesome stuff. Though since release the game is one of my biggest disappointments – especially how eager I was towards the release. It’s just sad.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

(edited by ProtoGunner.4953)

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Im guessing arenanet is simply keeping the door open for the possibility of removing the current tickets and handing out new ones to everyone.

If they however added the reward npc in yesterday that door closes. People that didnt get bugged tickets wouldve gotten their reward. Now handing out new tickets wouldnt be an option anymore because these people would then get a reward twice, and could get as many as 3 weapons.
People who got bugged would still be unfairly rewarded and the kittenstorm would never end.

in WvW

Posted by: Fingolfin.3956

Fingolfin.3956

They should give everyone 500 tickets. I think no one would protest. It is better to forget about competition and let all share equal prize than get nothing. (I already have my 500 tickets). Just delete all tickets in game a send equal amount to everyone via in-game mail, we do not need shiny chests.

But there is one worse thing than this bug. It is lack of communication. ANet is just ignoring everything that is said here. I would appreciate if they give some statement about progress. Not just “We are working on it.”, but something like “We’ve already found a source of the problem” or “We are unable to solve this.”, " We cannot find a solution" or something like this, something with information value.

They say that players can change the game, so be it. Lets have a poll whether we want them to try to fix it, or we want an equal share, and any other options.

For me this game is amazing. I would like to see the engine it uses, because it seems like they can fast and easily change, modify or add everything the want to. Such SW is not easy to desing & develop. Therefore it is shame that all this effort is being destroyed by wrong PR.

in WvW

Posted by: wolfger.3467

wolfger.3467

we are temporarily delaying access to the rewards that would have otherwise been available on the Battle Historian on June 3rd. We hope this will help prevent further compounding the issue, and avoiding unnecessary confusion

What massive fail in logic is this? “We hope to prevent compounding the issue by screwing EVERYBODY over, and we hope to avoid unnecessary confusion by giving people a vendor who doesn’t work.”??? Oh, and we’ll bury these facts on the forums, and not make a news announcement about it that everybody would see.

in WvW

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

On Sunday July 13th, when the winner of the 2014 World Cup is decided… I wonder if FIFA will tell the winner “hey you guys can pick up your trophy on Tuesday”

Tuesday comes… “Oh hey sorry guys, we forgot to make sure the trophy arrived so many days after you should have received it, and to be perfectly honest, we don’t even know where it is. We’re kinda busy putting together some other projects at the moment, so if you wouldn’t mind just waiting kind of indefinitely on this… thanks”

World Cup 2018 rolls around…
FIFA guy “hey did we ever give the 2014 winners their trophy?”
Another FIFA guy “I think like some of the players got participation ribbons we had one of our interns make, I don’t think we ever found the World Cup trophy though”
FIFA guy “aren’t we going to need the trophy to crown this year’s winner?”
Other FIFA guy “who cares, we’ll dazzle people with 2022 World Cup advertisements!”
FIFA guy “brilliant! Let’s go to lunch!”

~Tarnished Coast~

in WvW

Posted by: Ilyaniii.3918

Ilyaniii.3918

On Sunday July 13th, when the winner of the 2014 World Cup is decided… I wonder if FIFA will tell the winner “hey you guys can pick up your trophy on Tuesday”

Tuesday comes… “Oh hey sorry guys, we forgot to make sure the trophy arrived so many days after you should have received it, and to be perfectly honest, we don’t even know where it is. We’re kinda busy putting together some other projects at the moment, so if you wouldn’t mind just waiting kind of indefinitely on this… thanks”

Another FIFA guy “I think like some of the players got participation ribbons we had one of our interns make, I don’t think we ever found the World Cup trophy though”
Other FIFA guy “who cares, we’ll dazzle people with 2022 World Cup advertisements!”

Hahahaha omg yes. +1 100%

in WvW

Posted by: Hyperion.4638

Hyperion.4638

+1 Well said.

This is also the same as “Hey dude you will get ice cream on Tuesday” and this is said 9 weeks before, 9 weeks pass your friend comes and says " oh hey i cant get you ice cream now you will get in in 3 days" you rage a little but its ok, 3 days pass “Hey dudewhere is my ice cream,?” ,and you got this “well you know man some people got no ice cream because of me so lets wait till all have the ice cream before you can have it , even tho i already can give you the ice cream and nothing will be changed, but lets wait just because i say so….”

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

So some people are saying give 500 tickets to everyone, problem solved.

Well then what was the point of the tournament???

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

Posted by: Gnaver.8290

Gnaver.8290

500 for everyone? No way… What’s the point then when I tried like crazy with all the people on my server to achieve first place if we can just simply don’t play the whole time? I would say make it fast anet if you can’t make it just shove the tickets up your (you know what). Punishing x thousands of people for your screw up isn’t good approach. Think a little next time (even you screwed up in first tournament and still no outcome from it).

Also communicate with your player base kitten . Letting us now that you screwing us around and then being silent isn’t gonna help.

(edited by Gnaver.8290)

in WvW

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Why did they change the art on the already issued reward tickets from a lion trading post icon to that of a castle turret? Not sure if that means anything or not on how they are trying to handle this debacle.

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

So some people are saying give 500 tickets to everyone, problem solved.

Well then what was the point of the tournament???

Sadly, a mistake was made and lots of players got the wrong reward or none at all. The mistake could well be a complete nightmare to fix or even impossible to fix so everyone gets the proper rewards…so what do Anet do then?

In that case, probably best give everyone who completed meta 500 tickets to draw a line under it. They could also say sorry and they will make sure it does not happen next time.

No matter what they do now, Anet will get flak, no avoiding that now its messed up…

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

in WvW

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

No matter what they do now, Anet will get flak, no avoiding that now its messed up…

And for good reason and i encourage it to be that way. Some people didn’t receive their reward since season 1…

…All they had to do in this “2 months of no content at all” was to atleast create a reward system and a backup system for that in case it doesn’t work. (automatic/manual rewarding). In a real world people get fired in a split second after fails like this….not to mention the complete lack of professionalism when it comes to avoiding issues like this which even a small kid could come up with. No..instead they only relied on a rewarding system that sounds fishy from the start and that even failed in season 1 for ppl.

Oh but yea…i forgot…. the past year the whole company worked on the chinese version..we just got the leftovers.

in WvW

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

I’m not sure a flat 500 to everyone would do much to appease people, just render the whole tournament pointless. They could, however, give everyone a bonus 100 on top of their earnings as an apology. That way everyone gets something nice, and the tournament isn’t rendered a waste of time.

Simplest solution:

1) Render the currently awarded tickets useless.
2) Send everyone with the meta 100 tickets.
3) Send everyone with the meta tickets based on their server position*.

*If this data is unavailable, send tickets based on current server, and accept that some lucky transfers will profit.

4*) Deal with unlucky transfers one by one by asking them to contact directly.

in WvW

DanyxEleven.9162

Simplest solution:

1) Do nothing
2) Ignore non-PvE user base

Fixed that for you, remember who we’re dealing with. I would like to not have the urge to say things like this but I lose faith the more we don’t have legit fixes while everything else gets fixes for stupid kitten and the more I hear about season one. Anet, please restore my faith in you, I don’t ask for much from you, this is the only thing I’ve ever had to kitten about that’s your fault in GW2.

in WvW

Posted by: gitflap.9031

gitflap.9031

See, ANet? If you’d kept the Matchup Forums alive at least half the WvW population would be mumping at each other ’stead of mumping at youse.

I’ve had coming up for 2 years worth of (mainly) fun for the price of a game, so I may kitten now and then but, really, I’m fine.

Sadly, my first thought was that an investigation into the cheating had delayed the rewards. Silly old me.

(edited by gitflap.9031)

in WvW

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

One of the reasons everyone is taking this so hard is that WvW players have nothing left.

We lost the matchups forum, so we cant discuss the battles with those involved. We don’t get updates that we desperately need like the very simple adjustment of having commander tags in 3 colours and the rewards we get for often days of time invested are terrible in comparison to killing a single boss in 5 mins of pve.

So the one thing we should be getting, ie our reward for the 9 weeks of often tremendous time investment – is not here – for anyone.

How is it a surprise that people are up in arms with unhappiness?

in WvW

Posted by: Porter.2830

Porter.2830

I haven’t logged in for a few days. Do we still have our nifty Mist Runner title?

o.O

Winner & 1st Runner Up: Mirror Staring Contest

in WvW

Posted by: ThirdSketch.7139

ThirdSketch.7139

I’m never going to get my tickets, am I ….

>:(

in WvW

Posted by: katastrofei.4905

katastrofei.4905

The best mmo up to date has such issues. This is unacceptable. Are the devs not concerned about their game anymore?

in WvW

Posted by: NovaZephyr.1293

NovaZephyr.1293

I don’t know about anyone else, but I would probably be a little more understanding of the issue if they told us exactly what went wrong and what steps they’re taking to fix it. It’s a little disappointing, logging in every day and no chest or mail with the rewards that we worked hard for.

in WvW

Posted by: Luigi.1584

Luigi.1584

Easy guys, something just went wrong and I am sure that they are doing everything to fix this as fast as they can. Stop complain and be paitient…

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

Easy guys, something just went wrong and I am sure that they are doing everything to fix this as fast as they can. Stop complain and be paitient…

As fast as they fixed the reward bug after Season 1.

in WvW

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

I don’t know about anyone else, but I would probably be a little more understanding of the issue if they told us exactly what went wrong and what steps they’re taking to fix it. It’s a little disappointing, logging in every day and no chest or mail with the rewards that we worked hard for.

I think their biggest problem is that since they didn’t adequately test the reward system, they now have a situation where the process of awarding participation in the WvW tournament is both partially complete, and broken to an unknown degree. They have to figure out how to do a partial rollback without affecting players that were treated correctly which, if they don’t know what caused the error in the first place, is extremely tricky.

I’m going out on a limb here and suggesting that:

1. All the people whose fault it isn’t are working over time to fix the problem.
2. This will happen again.
3. C’est la vie.

in WvW

Posted by: dansamy.3752

dansamy.3752

So, is it safe for me to open my chest? Or just wait?

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

This thread is really getting creative.

I’m sure many of the WvW players are not surprised by this. Many AP hunters think wvw is taken care of by the devs like pve is.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

Guuuuys, just relax.

Is that really soooo important to receive that awfull looking weapon skin right now? After 9 weeks of playing is that few extra day hurt a lot.

No worries they wont leave anyone without their well deserved rewards. Anyway you were playing for your server succes not for the prize right?

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

in WvW

Posted by: Jessica Boettiger.2563

Previous

Jessica Boettiger.2563

WvW/PvP/Skills Principal QA

Next

We have identified the issue and are working on a solution to distribute the proper tournament chests to all who should have earned them. We appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this.

Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: Sildrog.7130

Sildrog.7130

Thanks for the update. Good to see you are making progress with the issue. Good luck with fixing it as quickly as you can! ^^

in WvW

Posted by: Nalia Ironstar.5470

Nalia Ironstar.5470

Guild Wars 2 was originally slotted to release in 2007. Just sayin’...

in WvW

Posted by: Zdain.2169

Zdain.2169

\o/! Looking forward to SHINIES!

in WvW

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

Finally, an update! ^-^

Can’t wait to get my free metabolic primer~ xD

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: realplayer.7605

realplayer.7605

It would not surprise me if Anet are unable to fix this bug. It would not surprise me if they change reward tickets for diffrent sized chest where you are unable to chose what you want.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I’m only going to assume, something went wrong with the world association mechanism. Which wouldn’t even had been needed if players didn’t “tag” T1 servers at the beginning of S1. Can’t tell you how many came to JQ and left within 48hrs of S1 opening. Anyway, I assume it’s that because its complex and players have already posted screen shots of incorrect placings in the achievement panel. I also say it because my newest acct that was bought during the season received not only the reward but, the correct reward value. My older accounts received nothing. None of my accounts have received the finisher in mail either. Nor have I heard of anyone getting one yet. If it is the world association mechanism, they are going to have a lot of data to sift thru to sort it out. GG, there is little chance of doing it manually for millions of accts. So I’ll be patient for a bit on this.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

Guild Wars 2 was originally slotted to release in 2007. Just sayin’…

Umm what? It was announced 2007 in its near infancy. Ideal release date was 2010. Realistic date was 2011-2012, which is what it was. It was 4-5 years in development, which is typical for a large scale MMO.

On topic: Can’t wait to get my mistforged weapon. Thanks for the update!

in WvW

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

We have identified the issue and are working on a solution to distribute the proper tournament chests to all who should have earned them. We appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this.

Thank you.

Ah, wonderful news! Thanks for the update and all your hard work :) Hope you guys get some serious stress relief in this weekend, haha.

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Thank you.

Thank you for the update. Now that we know you did not abbandon us, and that devs are still working on it, we will wait until its fixed, or other updtae in few days.
Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: joe.9815

joe.9815

I hope the fix isn’t hard

in WvW

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

I hope the fix isn’t hard

//forgot to set “do not screw up” flag to true