WvW Tournament Rewards Distribution Delay

in WvW

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

Dude, as an FYI, if he’s talking about the RCMP he may well be referring to Canada. They don’t simply sell guns at corner stores up there…

[edit]

See here:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/moncton-shooting-manhunt-on-for-killer-of-3-rcmp-officers-1.2665707

I’ve been refreshing this thread all day at work, here’s hoping they find a solution because I really, truly need a decent axe skin!

(edited by nosleepdemon.1368)

in WvW

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Oh well. It could be worse.

Yeah, you could be dead.

Point is, what’s a few more days to get your skin. It’s not like it’s keeping you out of WvW or whatever. Go play and do what you’ve always been doing.

Who said anything about “days?” :o Could be weeks, months or even years. Such beauty would go to waste for so long. The skins could even end up rusty after sitting in the Anet warehouse for so long, waiting to be shipped to NPC.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in WvW

nosleepdemon.1368

Oh well. It could be worse.

Yeah, you could be dead.

Point is, what’s a few more days to get your skin. It’s not like it’s keeping you out of WvW or whatever. Go play and do what you’ve always been doing.

Who said anything about “days?” :o Could be weeks, months or even years. Such beauty would go to waste for so long. The skins could even end up rusty after sitting in the Anet warehouse for so long, waiting to be shipped to NPC.

Well for 50 gems and a warehouse of Elonian wine, they can be made good as new!

in WvW

Posted by: Narsilik Khilsigre.9453

Narsilik Khilsigre.9453

This thread is full of entitled individuals. Too bad they don’t invest their energy on more meaningful crusades.

The last day dawns in the Kingdom of Ascalon…

in WvW

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

This thread is full of entitled individuals. Too bad they don’t invest their energy on more meaningful crusades.

So it can be just as bugged filled as this? If not worse? And then you’d be complaining about that.

What’s the difference?

This isn’t the first time, not even the second or third time, where ANet has release content where the MAIN PART OF IT is completely broken. Where simply testing the content ONCE would of revealed a problem, since its the MAIN PART OF IT, not some hidden thing.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: obastable.5231

obastable.5231

the tournament itself was the main part. the reward was simply a means to get people to spend gems on transfers.

and by more meaningful crusades i’m pretty sure narsilik wasn’t referring to anything at all in a video game.

Hello Kitty Krewe
“Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare!”

in WvW

Posted by: Johaocarl.5430

Johaocarl.5430

I am waiting for my wvw chest until now….

sigh

João Carlos

in WvW

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

Pretty sure a lot here invested a lot of time and energy in this game and the past WvW season.

This is why it is a very meaningful crusade.

Fire Water Air
FA

in WvW

Posted by: Vylor.3276

Vylor.3276

It’s not MY problem that there is a bug, so why am I not being allowed to get MY rewards I worked for? Because some people didn’t get their rewards I have to sit here waiting for anet to figure out how to do it’s job… lets see how long this takes. I’m betting they will fix it in 2016… maybe.

Kizger Scorchclaw
Champion Magus/Paragon
80 Elementalist of [APeX]

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I think for this we deserve a new WvW map… Just saying…

(doesn’t have to be big, just some deathmatch field with 3 spawns and a crazy keep in the middle surrounded by a lake and 3 bridges)

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

in WvW

nosleepdemon.1368

(doesn’t have to be big, just some deathmatch field with 3 spawns and a crazy keep in the middle surrounded by a lake and 3 bridges)

I feel that at the very least, they need to make the Scorpions in EotM hovar.

in WvW

Posted by: Hyperion.9704

Hyperion.9704

It’s not MY problem that there is a bug, so why am I not being allowed to get MY rewards I worked for? Because some people didn’t get their rewards I have to sit here waiting for anet to figure out how to do it’s job… lets see how long this takes. I’m betting they will fix it in 2016… maybe.

Dear sir or madam:

It has come to our attention that for years, we, society at large, have been asking you to perform tasks or tolerate procedures that may be not targeted directly to you.

Some of these grievous misconducts include:

• Forcing you to wait for other people to climb into the ferris wheel before engaging the ride. We are aware that it is not your fault they couldn’t pre-board, and are inconveniencing you.
  • Demanding that you remove your shoes and pass through security at the airport. We recognize that you are most likely not a terrorist, and as such, these procedures are entirely baseless and we’ll be sure to allow all non-terrorist passengers to board immediately without scrutiny.
  • Sometimes, you have been made to stand in line at the grocery store. A gross oversight on our part, we will take steps to ensure that you are given priority over all other grocery store patrons so that their menial, unimportant trivialities will no longer delay you.
  • We are aware that once, you were made to stand idle at the crosswalk for 15 seconds in order for the light to change. Effective immediately, we have reprogrammed the entire city’s pedestrian grids to change from green, immediately to red upon your arrival at any marked, unmarked or imaginary crosswalk of your choosing. Should you operate a motor vehicle, the inverse will be true. Any pedestrian caught in the street upon your approach will be deemed at fault for any accident arising from their untimely intersection with your commute.

Overall, we hope that these changes will improve your quality of life and allow you to feel the true privilege that is your birthright. We are sorry that any other person was ever allowed to infer that they were of equal import to you when that is so clearly not the case.

Sincerely,

E. N. Titeuld, Esq.
Community Only Your Representative

in WvW

Posted by: Vladeemer.5076

Vladeemer.5076

While I’m at work, some lunatic in my town walks down a populated area, carrying two rifles and picks a fight with the RCMP (police). He kills three of them, injures two more and gets away.

So right now, there’s a nutter running around my city with rifles, the city is locked down, highways are shut down and nearly every public area is closed indefinitely while they look for him. No buses, the hospitals are heavily restricted, everyone I know is scared and overall, it’s a pretty awful experience.

Some of my fellow Americans are upset when they see countries that work better than their own. Sorry you guys have to deal with that, and I hope they put that kittenbag down posthaste.

To everyone else: So far as rewards go, they’ll get here. It’s silly that there’s even an issue, but it’s sillier to think that it’ll prevent them from arriving at all, or that S1 is not an apples/oranges argument.

(edited by Vladeemer.5076)

in WvW

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

Two Hyperions. 38 vs 04

There is a point here.

Wow so many people are missing the point here….

We are angry because not only that we didn’t receive our rewards in time, but also because we didn’t receive them on the 2nd date which was 3th of June, if Anet would announce before the tournament that the rewards would come in September 2014 everyone would have been ok with it, but the anouace a date than they don’t deliver than they announce a 2nd date and they still didn’t deliver and you ask me why are we upset, its because we are being lied that is why, don’t make promise you cannot keep.

Fire Water Air
FA

in WvW

Posted by: Vladeemer.5076

Vladeemer.5076

Two Hyperions. 38 vs 04

There is a point here.

Wow so many people are missing the point here….

We are angry because not only that we didn’t receive our rewards in time, but also because we didn’t receive them on the 2nd date which was 3th of June, if Anet would announce before the tournament that the rewards would come in September 2014 everyone would have been ok with it, but the anouace a date than they don’t deliver than they announce a 2nd date and they still didn’t deliver and you ask me why are we upset, its because we are being lied that is why, don’t make promise you cannot keep.

Yeah, edited my post. I’d intended that last bit to be towards the naysayers (wasn’t even aware of the other Hyperion post, lol), but forgot to type it.

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Just imagine the bugs and game breaking issues that would arise from them making a map, when they can’t even get achievements from a SECOND season to actually work properly…

in WvW

nosleepdemon.1368

Just imagine the bugs and game breaking issues that would arise from them making a map, when they can’t even get achievements from a SECOND season to actually work properly…

Clearly, hovering scorpions would be a good first step.

in WvW

Posted by: LuXx.9354

LuXx.9354

Thanks for the update information, it’s good, gg anet

in WvW

Posted by: Bratwa.6582

Bratwa.6582

No new seasons would be fine for me, as a kind of compansation :P
Also some communication from A-net would be most appreciated, just saying /hope

[TaG][PunK][II]guildless

in WvW

Posted by: tisenor.7319

tisenor.7319

This is unacceptable. We pay good money for a game only to have to wait for promise rewards. If you guys at ANet can’t support the things you advertize for your game than maybe you should rethink what you post to the players. We look forward to the events you hold and put in hours to complete the achievement meta to get the rewards for that event, then we are told we have to wait as their was a problem. Their never should have been a problem. You could have had this solved way before the tournament was over if you did the proper testing. Get it right for once. I feel that you guys just don’t care because you already have our money and we have no choice to accept what happens. Don’t get me wrong as I love the game, but I am getting tired ov all the crap. Work it out and think in advance net time.

in WvW

Posted by: tebbles.1564

tebbles.1564

This is unacceptable. We pay good money for a game only to have to wait for promise rewards. If you guys at ANet can’t support the things you advertize for your game than maybe you should rethink what you post to the players. We look forward to the events you hold and put in hours to complete the achievement meta to get the rewards for that event, then we are told we have to wait as their was a problem. Their never should have been a problem. You could have had this solved way before the tournament was over if you did the proper testing. Get it right for once. I feel that you guys just don’t care because you already have our money and we have no choice to accept what happens. Don’t get me wrong as I love the game, but I am getting tired ov all the crap. Work it out and think in advance net time.

I’m no grammar kitten, but holy kitten…

THE TRUTH

in WvW

Posted by: Shenae Liongod.7506

Shenae Liongod.7506

So are you guys going to fix this anytime soon???? Or am i going to be waiting all week? cuz I have yet to see a Dev say anything other then the usual “oh we’ll get back to you” it’s been what 2 days?? Could u at least turn the npc back on? So those of us that did get tickets can spend them? I see little reason for me to have to wait just because little Billy here didn’t get his tickets =/ you had the hole time the tournament was going on to fix and test things…and because YOU GUYS messed up and things bugged out you need to punish us all ? You would have less ppl mad at you if you at least let those with tickets spend them…

in WvW

Posted by: Raelag Arkhen.6347

Raelag Arkhen.6347

Come on, it’s only been one day since they found the bug, just give them the time to fix it and to give the right rewards to the right people, it should not be that long from now…

in WvW

Posted by: Narsilik Khilsigre.9453

Narsilik Khilsigre.9453

Pretty sure a lot here invested a lot of time and energy in this game and the past WvW season.

It’s not. Someday, when you’re old and gray and your kids and grandkids bury you deep in the ground, they most likely will not remember the time that you fought so hard to get ‘valuable’ digital trinkets from a ‘mean’ and ‘nasty’ corporation looking to dominate the world by ‘refusing’ to fix them. Your headstone should read: "Accomplished great feats in his crusade against the vile ArenaNet. " The starving children in Uganda thank you for your service.

The last day dawns in the Kingdom of Ascalon…

in WvW

Posted by: ChrisKader.6457

ChrisKader.6457

It’s not. Someday, when you’re old and gray and your kids and grandkids bury you deep in the ground, they most likely will not remember the time that you fought so hard to get ‘valuable’ digital trinkets from a ‘mean’ and ‘nasty’ corporation looking to dominate the world by ‘refusing’ to fix them. Your headstone should read: "Accomplished great feats in his crusade against the vile ArenaNet. " The starving children in Uganda thank you for your service.

I think a lot of the heartache people have towards this issue is related to a few things:

1. Lack of communication from ArenaNet
a. This can be hard as to much communication makes it seem not enough is being done and not enough has the same effect.
2. The lack of knowledge of the issue at hand
a. A lot of players feel that ArenaNet had 9 weeks to “fix” these issues. Most of us know, however, that rewards are not given until the END of a season. There is no way they could have known this issue would have happened before the rewards where being issued out.

I understand a lot of people want the rewards so they can go about there day and they feel entitled to them, and you are to an extent. I HIGHLY doubt ArenaNet is just sitting at HQ trying to think of ways to delay this. What I feel like is happening is they are trying to find a sure fire way to FIX the issue without causing more heartache from the player base. Like I said in a previous post, I feel the precursor to this fix was disabling the vendor. It is WAY easier to blow away everyone’s rewards and reissue them instead of having to reverse vendor transactions due to some players getting the wrong amount.

Just my thoughts, flame on!

in WvW

Posted by: joe.9815

joe.9815

I didn’t expect a fix till friday at the earliest and an update would be nice

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

a. A lot of players feel that ArenaNet had 9 weeks to “fix” these issues. Most of us know, however, that rewards are not given until the END of a season. There is no way they could have known this issue would have happened before the rewards where being issued out.

Sure they could have, there’s the S1 reward issue that hasn’t been fixed, also they could have tested it properly. Their lack of proper user testing has bitten them on the kitten time and time again.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Pray For Kosmos.5849

Pray For Kosmos.5849

Thanks, Anet. Good to hear you’re working on fixing the issue. You made the right decision by disabling it for everyone.

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

Come on, it’s only been one day since they found the bug, just give them the time to fix it and to give the right rewards to the right people, it should not be that long from now…

They had 9 weeks to make everything alright.

in WvW

Posted by: TidalTrident.4013

TidalTrident.4013

everyone needs to calm down.
we know that Anet had 9 weeks to make sure this didn’t happened (i personally thought that Anet never paid much attention to wvw in the first place, they seemed to like PvE more, but this maybe be changing because they are finally rewarding wvw players for playing wvw like the season 2 tournament ^^), everyone has been posting this for like 8 whole pages so stop stating the obvious, we know this already and telling them this isn’t going to change the current situation.
We ALSO know that Anet has found out the problem which was pretty fast and they are solving it. keep it up Anet
And, like people have already said, it’s just a skin, it won’t affect your gameplay whatsoever, if you really so desperate for a skin, go get another skin -_-, OR like everyone else, just be patient and have some faith in Anet, they are probably working their socks off fixing this.
They probably have more than enough pressure than they deserve, so try and keep it positive guys. Anet, gj for the fast update on the situation and finding out the problem, it would be very reassuring if you can do this more often in the future and give WvW some love ;D

golem mastery? siege disabler? is my guild raid fun going to be ruined?will wvw survive???

(edited by TidalTrident.4013)

in WvW

Posted by: Victory For Kittens.7806

Victory For Kittens.7806

I’m not going to speak about GW2 (which is a huge shame if you compare it to GW1, such failure wow) but as a developer myself, i know my customers are expecting 100% operational products, not some kind of products working one time in two. It appears than once more, they did really bad and instead of apologizing but giving some compensation to bugged players (i got my chest so i’m not one of these), they rather encourage us to buy gems and punish unbugged players by NON allowing them to use their tokens.
I really can’t wait for the next game that will just kill this game. They did so much money with GW1, i’m pretty sure they did not expect such failure from GW2.
My 2 cents.

in WvW

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

Nothing left to do except wait and predict when itll come. This is rediculous, they punish and delay us for THEIR issue…. ah well. I look forward to seeing my reward sometime in July or August.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Ilyaniii.3918

Ilyaniii.3918

Nothing left to do except wait and predict when itll come. This is rediculous, they punish and delay us for THEIR issue…. ah well. I look forward to seeing my reward sometime in July or August.

April** <—

in WvW

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

Would be nice to hear progress on such issue.
I’ve been really looking forward to rewards and, well, q.q

in WvW

Posted by: zMajc.4659

zMajc.4659

Official update on the issue would be great.

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

You had one about two days ago in this very thread saying that they have found the issue and is working on it.
No point giving any more updates until it is fixed.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Fauven.3195

Fauven.3195

maybe a little guess of time by the devs would be appreciated. Will it take a few days or rather a week or even 2 weeks? Waiting can be annoying but waiting without knowing how long you have to wait is even more annoying.
Dear Devs, pls comment with at least a little guess of time or at least an update on how bad the bug is? If we have to wait till start of season 2 ok, but I rather know it then :p

Ranger & mesmer 80
Piken Square [Gwen]

in WvW

Posted by: keelaunaw.3285

keelaunaw.3285

this is pretty annoying, they have had almost 2yrs to work on this and probably longer, since im sure they had some way to do this set up pre-launch. but instead, they have been busy doing unneeded cosmetic stuff like the pictures in weapon descriptions.

this game has gotten so god-awfully boring after our guilds hijacked the wvw season and bought the T1 JQ win, that no one even goes to the maps any more, so the one thing left for me to do is no longer.

just biding my time until a different game worth getting comes along.

Never got bored with an MMO faster than GW2. Took 4mos.

in WvW

Posted by: Ritualist Gaz.3208

Ritualist Gaz.3208

You people got rewards for working on the WvW Meta Achievement for each one you finished . . . . . Why can’t you all be patient for this one reward at the end? Its not like it’s the end of the world. Dang so much negativity towards ANET yet you’re all still playing this game. /quit if you’re that upset about digital rewards. -.-

in WvW

Posted by: Hyperion.4638

Hyperion.4638

You people got rewards for working on the WvW Meta Achievement for each one you finished . . . . . Why can’t you all be patient for this one reward at the end? Its not like it’s the end of the world. Dang so much negativity towards ANET yet you’re all still playing this game. /quit if you’re that upset about digital rewards. -.-

Thats why people like you probably don’t make it very far.
When someone promise me a promotion and don’t deliver it in time and says i should wait few more days aka until June 3rd sure ill be a little upset but i will wait, like i did, when they don’t deliver on the 2nd date also i will most definitely be upset, especially since i worked hard and i should get it, but i don’t get it because of their fault some random x person should get his promotion too, same thing applies here, why don’t they open the rewards to the accounts that have the perfect amount of wvw tokens so they can purchase the rewards, why some must wait? What is the difference of me for example who will have the skin vs someone who won’t have? Will i be able to 1 hit kill him because of the skin, i don’t get it….

in WvW

Posted by: lexxguard.2690

lexxguard.2690

Ahhh……….First World problems, with First World complaints. Humanity at its best.

in WvW

Posted by: keelaunaw.3285

keelaunaw.3285

the tournament itself was the main part. the reward was simply a means to get people to spend gems on transfers.

and by more meaningful crusades i’m pretty sure narsilik wasn’t referring to anything at all in a video game.

why would someone spend money on gems to xfer for a wvw weapon skin they cant get if they xfer mid tourney season? and if you xfer after its over, you dont get rewards from a server you xferred to, you get the same ones from the server you were on during the season. this post makes absolutely no sense.

so no, i highly doubt this mess is because anet was trying to get anyone to spend gems on something that wouldnt happen anyway.

Never got bored with an MMO faster than GW2. Took 4mos.

in WvW

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

When someone promise me a promotion and don’t deliver it in time and says i should wait few more days aka until June 3rd sure ill be a little upset but i will wait, like i did, when they don’t deliver on the 2nd date also i will most definitely be upset, especially since i worked hard and i should get it, but i don’t get it because of their fault some random x person should get his promotion too, same thing applies here, why don’t they open the rewards to the accounts that have the perfect amount of wvw tokens so they can purchase the rewards, why some must wait? What is the difference of me for example who will have the skin vs someone who won’t have? Will i be able to 1 hit kill him because of the skin, i don’t get it….

Because it would feel like a kick in the balls to see others running around with the skin while you don’t have one because of a bug?
I’m just saying, even though I’m kittened off myself at such inexplicable delays.

in WvW

Posted by: Ritualist Gaz.3208

Ritualist Gaz.3208

I made it pretty far, Achievement points wise compared to you ( Gotta love the ability to see how far people have progressed in this game. ) and if you considered WvW season Achievements “Hard work” then Gooooooood for you. You’re right .. if ANET says they will have something available on a date they should deliver but if they don’t then oh well! Its a game and the QQ’s wont make them fix it any faster. Actually for people like you I hope they wait a good long time to fix it. Months and Months and MOOOOOONTHS! ^____^

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

maybe a little guess of time by the devs would be appreciated. Will it take a few days or rather a week or even 2 weeks? Waiting can be annoying but waiting without knowing how long you have to wait is even more annoying.
Dear Devs, pls comment with at least a little guess of time or at least an update on how bad the bug is? If we have to wait till start of season 2 ok, but I rather know it then :p

Yeah, and then they do that and it turns out to be harder to fix than they though and thus can’t make it within that timeline. Then people will (as they do every single time something changes slightly) shout about being lied to and we would have more or less the same situation as now, but the topic of complaints would be being lied to instead of bug.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: zMajc.4659

zMajc.4659

You had one about two days ago in this very thread saying that they have found the issue and is working on it.
No point giving any more updates until it is fixed.

They can at least give us some basic information weather the problem is hard to fix (unknown ETA) or something we can expect in near future.

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Undo the changes from the megaserver, admit it was a bad idea, rescind it, use beta testers far more and move on from an idea that kills WvW and destroys continuity of the storyline and ruins “server” affiliations across the board.

Why would you want that, exactly? I’ve had nothing but positive experiences from the megaserver. I can actually find people in PvE maps to play with or chat with whenever I play now, as opposed to before the update where people on my server were only in specific maps and seemed to vanish entirely after 11:00pm.

Much better than trying to guest to a different server and hope that people would be active in the areas I was heading to.

Your positive PvE experience being “better” is far more important than anyone else in the game – according to you, all WvW’ers are totally irrelevant.

Gotcha.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

nosleepdemon.1368

Undo the changes from the megaserver, admit it was a bad idea, rescind it, use beta testers far more and move on from an idea that kills WvW and destroys continuity of the storyline and ruins “server” affiliations across the board.

Why would you want that, exactly? I’ve had nothing but positive experiences from the megaserver. I can actually find people in PvE maps to play with or chat with whenever I play now, as opposed to before the update where people on my server were only in specific maps and seemed to vanish entirely after 11:00pm.

Much better than trying to guest to a different server and hope that people would be active in the areas I was heading to.

Your positive PvE experience being “better” is far more important than anyone else in the game – according to you, all WvW’ers are totally irrelevant.

Gotcha.

The megaserver system will be saving them oodles of money, like, LOTS. Owning and operating server farms is a massive expense which they have managed to cut down on with a system that scales dynamically with the number of players present, and does a reasonable job (or at least has behaviour built in which can be tuned) at keeping players from the same server playing together.

It’s basically a win-win situation, why would they roll that back for:

a) One person’s opinion that it somehow hurts server communities
b) An issue that is entirely unrelated to it

in WvW

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Clearly, hovering scorpions would be a good first step.

Too bad we don’t have scorpions in the game…. they’re devourers. Mechanical Siege Devourers. :P

in WvW

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Oh look next page bug…