WvW is so lagy.

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaisukii.7809

Kaisukii.7809

Massively disappointing, I don’t get much time to play due to real life nowadays, however when i do play its WvW and it just isn’t playable anymore.

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

The lag has been really bad lately. Whatever ANET did to create the lag, they need to fix it. It’s really unplayable at this point.

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: Hyver.4039

Hyver.4039

Easy and simple. Revert stab change untill fix found or server upgrade done. At the moment the game is unplayble. Having people quitting or taking a break from it beacuse of lagg is not in anybodys intrest.

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: antonbalboa.7280

antonbalboa.7280

It is new stability change, lag was already annoying when lots of ppl were playing (which for me is already bad, if you cant handle the population upgrade servers or limit the ppl that can enter a map), since stability changes came, its even worse, servers that couldnt handle the load before now are even more punished

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Do we have any facts that prove the stability change actually is the problem?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: ZhouFusion.1826

ZhouFusion.1826

I don’t think Stability is the issue for the lagg.
I think it has something to do with the bugs the last patch created.
Bad code can make server unstable.

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: Hyver.4039

Hyver.4039

Can we have someone from Anet to reply of whats going on? This is one of those issues that makes the game unplayble, literally. So a word from Anet should be appropriate about right now.

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

antonbalboa.7280

Any server with 60+ blob fighting anything will cause this all around the map, it’s really an issue since it makes skills not popping at all (or even if they pop, it takes 4-5 seconds to start dealing damage). Really hard to play as ranged or to pop any kind of heal, gaming experience is not really good at all, already saw people leaving WvW for hours until blobs dissapear.

Example here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-M8YVuMlVU&feature=youtu.be

(edited by antonbalboa.7280)

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: zwolf.1695

zwolf.1695

Seriously, gamers can tolerate a lot – this lag is intolerable. You should stop working on the xpac and fix this because, if this continues – you will lose players… players that will not purchase the xpac.

Xio the Watcher – DWD of Blackgate

(edited by zwolf.1695)

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: Chronos.1046

Chronos.1046

Seriously, gamers can tolerate a lot – this lag is intolerable. You should stop working on the xpac and fix this because, if this continues – you will lose players… players that will not purchase the xpac.

Idd, totally reconsidering buying the expac, I have no interest in the pve, pvp sure but I’m really only interested in WvW.

So Anet, you break the game, you lose core players, you lose potential buyers for your new expansion and in turn your game dies.

Let me rephrase that for emphasis, YOUR GAME IS BROKEN, YOU’RE GOING TO LOSE MONEY. Now, we can expect an answer very soon, because that’s all they care about right? right.

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

I don’t mean to pile on, but as has been stated, it is unplayable now.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Having moved to Australia from EU where I used to live, I accept the fact that I will have fairly high pings. 3-400 being about standard, but I’ve spiked 6000ms with it hovering around 700ms on a nearly unpopulated Borderlands (Gandara) map. I’m not even going to touch EBG.

I go back to PVE and it hovers around 400ms pretty stably. Although I’ve never been a hardcore WVWer, I do like to go in and play every now and then but having that level of ping on a map with barely 50 ppl in it is pretty much unacceptable.

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Here’s the issue I am having with this whole thing. Why is EotM normal, but all WvW maps horrible if more than 35 players start fighting?

Seriously there have been times when flame ram skills take 10 seconds to fire with no blob in sight, you quit in disgust, port into EotM, and no lag at all there even with 2 full mapblobs colliding?

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Here’s the issue I am having with this whole thing. Why is EotM normal, but all WvW maps horrible if more than 35 players start fighting?

Seriously there have been times when flame ram skills take 10 seconds to fire with no blob in sight, you quit in disgust, port into EotM, and no lag at all there even with 2 full mapblobs colliding?

That is so odd. Outside of a massive 3 way fight in garri or something, I am not seeing most of this problem is medium to large fights. I am having a noticeable all around skill lag that did not exist before, but 50 players in a fight isn’t making a difference in my case.

I am genuinely curious as to what the difference is.

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Nobody uses stability in eotm i guess.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

Im begging you. This is the worst ive ever had in wvw, and its not just me, its across the board. Lots of people have stopped going out during primetime because of how bad the lag gets in the BL’s. Its pretty unplayable 90% of the time. Every since the stab patch, wvw has turned into 1 big smc fights worth of lag during primetime, its so bad.

I want to play your game, I like WvW, but im completely unable to right now and its really disappointing to not hear a word from you guys about it.

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

dancingmonkey.4902

I hate to mix logic with useless sarcasm, but wouldn’t that simply indicate the problem is more likely in some coding bug specific to the WvW maps, and not stability?

No problem in EoTM.

No problem in map filling blobs on PvE at Teq, or other world bosses, with stability ticking there.

What about those, indicates it has anything to do with stability change? I mean other then regurgitating what some other random, uninformed poster claimed somewhere else, that is?

(edited by dancingmonkey.4902)

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

I hate to mix logic with useless sarcasm, but wouldn’t that simply indicate the problem is more likely in some coding bug specific to the WvW maps, and not stability?

No problem in EoTM.

No problem in map filling blobs on PvE at Teq, or other world bosses, with stability ticking there.

What about those, indicates it has anything to do with stability change? I mean other then regurgitating what some other random, uninformed poster claimed somewhere else, that is?

I’m not saying it has a thing to do with stability. Rather something in the stability patch, seeing as the lag issue has been cropping up regularly since that went live.

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: zerosouls.4750

zerosouls.4750

/signed

It’s really harshing my GW2 buzz — and I only play GW for WvW

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

Totally agree, since the patch it seems our coverage has halved.

Half the players on our server have bad lag, the other half have severe lag that they have stopped playing altogether!

If this is lag cause just by the stability changes, then what are things going to be like when HOT comes out?!

We dont want to pay for an expansion we cannot play!

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Having moved to Australia from EU where I used to live, I accept the fact that I will have fairly high pings. 3-400 being about standard, but I’ve spiked 6000ms with it hovering around 700ms on a nearly unpopulated Borderlands (Gandara) map. I’m not even going to touch EBG.

I go back to PVE and it hovers around 400ms pretty stably. Although I’ve never been a hardcore WVWer, I do like to go in and play every now and then but having that level of ping on a map with barely 50 ppl in it is pretty much unacceptable.

I’d recommend thinking about moving to a NA server to a better connection

My game’s been spiking hard from 250 ping to over 1100 ping in large zerg fights. Spikes up to 350-400 even with 10v10 fights. It’s pretty ridiculous right now

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: TiqTok.8312

TiqTok.8312

This skill lag is terrible. Help us Anet! You can tell when you’re getting near an enemy group as your skills will take 5+ sec to go off if they even do

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: TiqTok.8312

TiqTok.8312

So many people have this terrible skill lag , myself included. Anet help us. WvW matters too!

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

If you are having lag, check this recent (2 days ago) post from GM Talon.

We’ve recently updated our Knowledge Base with an article specifically for helping to address latency issues. You can find that article here

If you have tried the solutions provided in the article and you’re still experiencing latency issues, please submit a ticket to us. From the drop-down menu on this page, please choose Technical Issue. From here, please include the following in the description of the issue:

- Your ISP
- Which data center you’re connecting to (North American or European)
- Your OS (including if you’re running on 32 bit or 64 bit)
- Whether the lag is intermittent or consistent (include times with time zones that you notice it’s worse, if applicable)
- Where you’re located (state/province)

We may request additional information about your computer after this, such as a Game Advisor report. To speed up our investigation time, I recommend generating a report from the Game Advisor and sending it as an attachment once you have received our auto-reply confirming that we have received your ticket. Doing this in advance will save us a communication step with you so that we may begin troubleshooting the issue with you sooner.

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

Lag in wvw is terrible anet… if you can’t fix this before expansion hits you will LOSE lots of new players and will hurt your game in long term. SO PLEASE acknowledge that lag is terrible since stability patch and that you are working on it atleast…

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

Lag in wvw is terrible anet… if you can’t fix this before expansion hits you will LOSE lots of new players and will hurt your game in long term. SO PLEASE acknowledge that lag is terrible since stability patch and that you are working on it atleast…

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

I’d recommend thinking about moving to a NA server to a better connection

My game’s been spiking hard from 250 ping to over 1100 ping in large zerg fights. Spikes up to 350-400 even with 10v10 fights. It’s pretty ridiculous right now

I had given some thought to that, especially now that guilds can be cross server it doesn’t really matter

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

dancingmonkey.4902

What server are you guys on?

I was just asking in TS on JQ and everyone is telling me they are having no lag issues this evening.

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: OskarGeorgsson.7802

OskarGeorgsson.7802

I can tell you this anet, that this extream lag is insane and is a server side problem and not client side. If it is the ping meter that preassures the servers please remove it.
This lag issue should be number one priority until it’s fixed beacuse if you dont fix it there wont be any players left that buys HoT or even plays by then.

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

antonbalboa.7280

No problem in EoTM.

In PVE you will have 100 people in a map, all in the same side and even if they put stability it will easy to manage for the server.

In a WvW fight, you have 270-300 people in a map, thats 2-3 times the numbers o n PVE, now realise all of them spam conditions, damage, pop stability, boons etc… There you go. Without the stability part, it was sometimes laggy when 3-way fights came, but nothing comparable to current lag, which makes game unplayable.

About the EOTM part, well I think someone said, probably because all that people do is 1111111111111 most part of time

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

the bad thing with lag is when your server is not stacking in blobs and the enemies are using the blob formation to create skill lag to enemies .

it is a working tactic and only an anti-blobing debuff can help wvw remained healthy from lag .

also the new stability created more calculations for server . before server had only to counter the stacks and the total remained time of stability . now , the server in the same time has to calculate the stacks and the cc that remove one stack of stability per cc . but this effect is happening in a very small time and for many players and the server seems is not configured for so many calculations in a so short time .

also , new code always has a risk of memory leaks that can be a reason for server or client lag

(edited by Reborn.2934)

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

/signed, can confirm the lag is quite bad when two fronts colide.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

I was just asking in TS on JQ and everyone is telling me they are having no lag issues this evening.

There was definitely skill lag on JQ this evening. It only happens when you get into blobby situations. Two server blobs going at it would give you 1-2 sec skill lag. When you have 3 server blobs in close vicinity, you would start getting 5-10 second skill lag. If people didn’t experience it, it’s because they weren’t near the blobs.

Note that we’re talking skill lag, not just ordinary ISP, video driver, memory, computer issues lag. Skill lag are when you press your abilities, they flash, they queue, but they don’t fire off like they’re supposed to. This is all server-side, started happening when they did the stability patch.

People are suspecting it’s due to the amount of computing required with the new stab changes because this skill lag started happening with the stab patch. Anet would know, and apparently they do know and have been trying to fix it but haven’t been able to. They really need to fix this before HoT comes out. With new influx of returning players, and even more polygons and art assets from the newly designed borderlands & maps, it’s bound to get even laggier upon HoT release. So the skill lag issues really need to get fixed before HoT.

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

So the expansion is supposed to add another new boon and new condition. Since it’s already lagging with stability change I’m really thinking about getting the expansion. Would be even greater “if you don’t buy it – you won’t be affected by these new boon/condi”… Sadly I’m afraid we get these not depending on if we have xpac or not. Let’s just hope the new map is created in some more ‘healthy’ programming way and the old can get some overhaul (most lag was present while in SM lord room/garri lord room – at open field it’s much better, but still laggy when blobs collide). Oh and that the servers get more power (miraculously!).

Blobbing is sure some kind of problem, but since the game mechanics allow for 90vs90vs90 battles, then it can be expected that the game can handle it. But it can not. I’m pretty sure 90% ppl would never complain about blobbing if the fights were going smooth with no lags. Just look at it as epic battle where you are able to use all your skills. In my eyes it looks great, but thanks to lag it kinda feels like watching b&w TV in 2015 – we have the picture but kinda not what is expected.

(edited by Atoss.1056)

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: Hambone.4267

Hambone.4267

There was definitely skill lag on JQ this evening. It only happens when you get into blobby situations. Two server blobs going at it would give you 1-2 sec skill lag. When you have 3 server blobs in close vicinity, you would start getting 5-10 second skill lag. If people didn’t experience it, it’s because they weren’t near the blobs.

The lag persists no matter where you are if you’re on the same map. I rage logged last night because of this kitten on BG and some of the comments on this page are from people who were in TS.

Since I just came back a week ago from 2 years out of game I might just leave again. I only play GW2 for WvWvW and nothing else so if this part of the game is broken there is no reason to stick around for an expansion or anything else.

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

My guess is that the test servers are at same servers so it cant handle the load.

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: BATMAN.6794

BATMAN.6794

I tested how bad this situation is yesterday. I went into EOTM and played for maybe 2 hours and had 0 skill lag/lag. I also had 0 problems with any kind of DC or errors. I decided to go to BG BL, and not even 5 minutes later I DCed. I literally only went to capture a ruin and sat in garrison, and wouldnt you know DCed. I decided again I was going to try later on at night. I swear to you I DCed probably 3 times within an hour? Not only did I DC, I had skill lag. There is most definitely something wrong with the alpine maps and EBG. I can play in PvE and be just fine, but soon as I touch apline maps its GG DC.

Desert Borderlands suck bring back alpine til new ones are revamped

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

dancingmonkey.4902

No problem in EoTM.

In PVE you will have 100 people in a map, all in the same side and even if they put stability it will easy to manage for the server.

In a WvW fight, you have 270-300 people in a map, thats 2-3 times the numbers o n PVE, now realise all of them spam conditions, damage, pop stability, boons etc… There you go. Without the stability part, it was sometimes laggy when 3-way fights came, but nothing comparable to current lag, which makes game unplayable.

About the EOTM part, well I think someone said, probably because all that people do is 1111111111111 most part of time

Mind linking to something official, with the player map caps? Seems a bit straw man with out any evidence to back it up.

As to “claiming” players in EotM do not use stability, even thought the fights are as large as regular WvW, that seems extremely straw man.

It is as if, you are molding the situation to suite post is which you have already blamed stability, simply to avoid having been wrong, rather then trying to actually address the fact that it is more reasonable if the problem is a WvW specific coding issue, just like it has been in every other lag situation since release.

Note that we’re talking skill lag, not just ordinary ISP, video driver, memory, computer issues lag. Skill lag are when you press your abilities, they flash, they queue, but they don’t fire off like they’re supposed to. This is all server-side, started happening when they did the stability patch.

People are suspecting it’s due to the amount of computing required with the new stab changes because this skill lag started happening with the stab patch. Anet would know, and apparently they do know and have been trying to fix it but haven’t been able to. They really need to fix this before HoT comes out. With new influx of returning players, and even more polygons and art assets from the newly designed borderlands & maps, it’s bound to get even laggier upon HoT release. So the skill lag issues really need to get fixed before HoT.

You see, I was in a 3 way garri battle on TCBL last night on 5 separate occasion. I specifically asked in the TS channel, because I wasn’t having any skill lag issues. Everyone told me “no, no problem here, skills are working just fine”

I am not suggest you did not have any lag. I am simply suggesting it is a fact that some people are not. I have a spouse, son, and two grand children playing at my house last night, and no one had skill lag issues. So my concern is, what is the difference between your situation and mine, and how you suggest the stability changes effect you, but the 5 accounts at my house had no trouble and the 49 players in my TS channel all said it was fine for them?

I have had the skill lag hit me in recent days. So I am well aware it exist. My whole point is that I find it interesting that one day it is there for some, and the next it is there for others.

By the way, have you specifically tried the fix they posted about?

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

No problem in EoTM.

Mind linking to something official, with the player map caps? Seems a bit straw man with out any evidence to back it up.

As to “claiming” players in EotM do not use stability, even thought the fights are as large as regular WvW, that seems extremely straw man.

It is as if, you are molding the situation to suite post is which you have already blamed stability, simply to avoid having been wrong, rather then trying to actually address the fact that it is more reasonable if the problem is a WvW specific coding issue, just like it has been in every other lag situation since release.

You see, I was in a 3 way garri battle on TCBL last night on 5 separate occasion. I specifically asked in the TS channel, because I wasn’t having any skill lag issues. Everyone told me “no, no problem here, skills are working just fine”

I am not suggest you did not have any lag. I am simply suggesting it is a fact that some people are not. I have a spouse, son, and two grand children playing at my house last night, and no one had skill lag issues. So my concern is, what is the difference between your situation and mine, and how you suggest the stability changes effect you, but the 5 accounts at my house had no trouble and the 49 players in my TS channel all said it was fine for them?

I have had the skill lag hit me in recent days. So I am well aware it exist. My whole point is that I find it interesting that one day it is there for some, and the next it is there for others.

By the way, have you specifically tried the fix they posted about?

Well…we have lots of discussion.
Some communication fron Anet would be welcomed (read absolutely necessary):
-status on analysis & conclusions
-action plan
It would provide some visibility and remove some frustration (work only if they are working on it with some progress however )

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

dancingmonkey.4902

Well…we have lots of discussion.
Some communication fron Anet would be welcomed (read absolutely necessary):
-status on analysis & conclusions
-action plan
It would provide some visibility and remove some frustration (work only if they are working on it with some progress however )

I do not disagree. What I feel is the problem, is that the community in this subforums, has a history of a rude and negative response, regardless of what post they make here. In other words, not all but some of those complaining about a lack of replies here, are the same posters who created the reason behind them avoiding posting here.

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: this is wrekks.7602

this is wrekks.7602

^ Since they are closing all the other lag threads I wanted to get this in here.

That post you have been linking in all these threads basically says if you lag in this game it is your problem. but the problem with that is a huge number of the WvW population is experiencing crippling lag at pretty much all times right now. So, either everyone’s drivers are out of date or the problem is server side. Which do you think is more likely?

And listen, people are mad. Those of us that have stuck around for 3 years and support this game monetarily are frustrated. Things that have been broken since launch (specifically broken Traits) have never been fixed. The lag in WvW is worse than ever… and we continue to dump money into their wallets. This game is three years old and really never lived up to it’s potential and all some of us want is to play WvW fluidly.

So sorry if the playerbase gets mad at things like Lag in a pvp game mode. This stuff should have been sorted 1 month into the game.

(edited by this is wrekks.7602)

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

dancingmonkey.4902

^ Since they are closing all the other lag threads I wanted to get this in here.

That post you link basically says if you lag in this game it is your problem. but the problem with that is a huge number of the WvW population is experiencing crippiling lag at pretty much all times right now. So, either everyone’s drivers are out of date or the problem is server side. Which do you think is more likely?

It doesn’t matter what I think is likely, in all honesty. I am simply offering it as a suggestion to check out, in the chance that it may help some folks. What folks feel “it basically says” is irrelevant in my opinion. If they chose to read something more into it, then that is up to them

And listen, people are mad. Those of us that have stuck around for 3 years and support this game monetarily are frustrated. Things that have been broken since launch (specifically broken Traits) have never been fixed. The lag in WvW is worse than ever… and we continue to dump money into their wallets. This game is three years old and really never lived up to it’s potential and all some of us want is to play WvW fluidly.

I agree some thing need to be fixed. For some, the lag may be worse then ever. For others, there have been no lag at all. Which is what I mentioned perplexes me. I, personally, have had solid lag one day, and none the next. I have had entire TS full of players reporting to me that they have none on times that other posters are suggesting it is hitting the really bad. I never suggested they had no right to be angry about it. At best, I simply suggested they were not “hateful” or “spiteful” with their post when discussing it. Particularly when they refuse to see if a suggestion offered may aid them.

So sorry if the playerbase gets mad it things like Lag in a pvp game mode. This stuff should have been sorted 1 month into the game.

I agree. It should be sorted out. I agree they should be angry. Given that they devs specifically stated that they will flag a post that is rude or hateful, or flag post that are dev bashing, all to be ignored, gives me good reason to suggest posters abstain from doing so, as to get more attention and promote the devs to post responses. Wouldn’t you agree that such a suggestion is reasonable?

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

So, all this new skill lag is it due to an issue with the patch or are the servers overloaded due to the stab stacking computations?

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Hard to say since anet, at least to my knowledge, has not commented on the numerous threads regarding this issue thats been going on for 2 weeks…coincidentally since that stab patch. It might be related, but hasnt been confirmed, that was one of the buggiest updates ever so it might be something unrelated to the stab change or exactly the cause, until anet says something we cant really know.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

It’s very frustrating to be in a fight that 3 weeks ago was manageable now become a cluster due to no skills firing. I try not to assume the worst but some clarification would be great from them.

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: this is wrekks.7602

this is wrekks.7602

Linking ts isn’t helpful is what I mean because it probably isn’t on the users side of things where the problems lie. Can I say that for certain? No, but what I am saying is more likely than everyone’s drivers being out of date.

And the fact that you don’t know why that is making other posters mad at you is weird. They basically think you are saying to them that they don’t know anything about their pcs or how drivers work etc and you may not mean this but it comes off as you implying that the game is perfectly stable and that everyone needs to upgrade. You may not mean that, but that is how everyone is taking it and frankly it comes off as insulting.

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Indeed it would, Im in t1, I love the big fights and nothing worse then suddenly not being able to use any skills and the furious button mashing that ensues to desperately try to get them to work lol, but heck after 2 years in wvw Ive seen worse, if anyone remembers season 1, good lord that was the worst ever…never forget.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

antonbalboa.7280

That post you link basically says if you lag in this game it is your problem. but the problem with that is a huge number of the WvW population is experiencing crippiling lag at pretty much all times right now. So, either everyone’s drivers are out of date or the problem is server side. Which do you think is more likely?

It doesn’t matter what I think is likely, in all honesty. I am simply offering it as a suggestion to check out, in the chance that it may help some folks. What folks feel “it basically says” is irrelevant in my opinion. If they chose to read something more into it, then that is up to them

I agree some thing need to be fixed. For some, the lag may be worse then ever. For others, there have been no lag at all. Which is what I mentioned perplexes me. I, personally, have had solid lag one day, and none the next. I have had entire TS full of players reporting to me that they have none on times that other posters are suggesting it is hitting the really bad. I never suggested they had no right to be angry about it. At best, I simply suggested they were not “hateful” or “spiteful” with their post when discussing it. Particularly when they refuse to see if a suggestion offered may aid them.

So sorry if the playerbase gets mad it things like Lag in a pvp game mode. This stuff should have been sorted 1 month into the game.

I agree. It should be sorted out. I agree they should be angry. Given that they devs specifically stated that they will flag a post that is rude or hateful, or flag post that are dev bashing, all to be ignored, gives me good reason to suggest posters abstain from doing so, as to get more attention and promote the devs to post responses. Wouldn’t you agree that such a suggestion is reasonable?

The problem is mostly the stability, the lag already happened before when was normal stability on really huge fights (3 ways in EB for example), since stab change came lag is worse even with less ppl fights, that leads to the opinion that it will be most probably the stab change, why they add more load to already overloaded servers on big groups situations? why they dont try to stress test these kind of things before definetly implementing a big change (as they did with the expansion beta)?

Stability or not, the thing that the lag is there, has been before (not that hard as I said before) adn they did nothing in all the time, if you can’t handle it, limit it, that simple

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

dancingmonkey.4902

The problem is mostly the stability, the lag already happened before when was normal stability on really huge fights (3 ways in EB for example), since stab change came lag is worse even with less ppl fights, that leads to the opinion that it will be most probably the stab change, why they add more load to already overloaded servers on big groups situations? why they dont try to stress test these kind of things before definetly implementing a big change (as they did with the expansion beta)?

What do you base that on? As the stability change itself is not effecting EotM or PvE. My experience in programming would suggest that the update caused an unforeseen bug that effects something in the code directly related to the server fragments WvW are associated with or the net code variants, specific to them.

Stability or not, the thing that the lag is there, has been before (not that hard as I said before) adn they did nothing in all the time, if you can’t handle it, limit it, that simple

I agree that the lag issues need a solution. I disagree with the dishonest claim “they did nothing in all the time”(since release? since the last update?). I (for that matter, anyone that looks) can very factually see various updates posted, in which they state specific, changes made to lessen the lag issues.

WvW is so lagy.

in WvW

antonbalboa.7280

What do you base that on? As the stability change itself is not effecting EotM or PvE. My experience in programming would suggest that the update caused an unforeseen bug that effects something in the code directly related to the server fragments WvW are associated with or the net code variants, specific to them.

I agree that the lag issues need a solution. I disagree with the dishonest claim “they did nothing in all the time”. I (for that matter, anyone that looks) can very factually see various updates posted, in which they state specific, changes made to lessen the lag issues.

I base myself on the amount of people, on PVE or EoTM there is rarely never any kind of lag, neither before or after the patch, that means that is a reasonable amount of people to process in a single instance of a map, remember PVE cap is around100 per map, where stab change is not a major change.

About EoTM you should go more often, people are just karmatraining, running around pressing 111111 and pressing “F” to get the chests around, when a fight comes, it is usually on eserver that kills the other in less than a second (usually one server goes behind the other one and kills without the other even noticing), and that only happens once, after that the winnign server will be alone in map sin ce other will change map

(edited by antonbalboa.7280)