Yet Even Moaarrrrrr CD/Mag/SBI 3/29

in WvW

Posted by: Huge.5891

Huge.5891

I usually don’t post on the forums. But I just wanted to say hi to those 4 SBI guys from the 1v4 I just had guarding the yak outside Durios on ebg about 30 minutes ago. That was alot of fun….. Until the SBI zerg ran over me right after I finished your last guy.

Too Huge
Just Defend [DFND] Commander
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

Its ok we used to being blamed for everything.

It’s all Maguuma’s fault that this March 26 WvW patch sucks. More progression? That’s the lamest excuse I’ve ever heard for an “expansion’s worth” of content.

Sorry.

Our bad.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in WvW

Posted by: loneknight.8425

loneknight.8425

i can has 3rd place next week?

mortar happy thief is mortar happy

love treb/mortar pew pew pew whole day

The thief who did dat – Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

Its ok we used to being blamed for everything.

It’s all Maguuma’s fault that this March 26 WvW patch sucks. More progression? That’s the lamest excuse I’ve ever heard for an “expansion’s worth” of content.

Sorry.

Our bad.

Blaming Oblyth for everything is pretty much PYRO guild policy.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Posted by: warhead.2376

warhead.2376

To anyone who says Mag only wins due to it’s numbers… thanks for the badges CD, your garrison is so cosy!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Agrivar.1560

Agrivar.1560

The battle of Longview was Epic. Hats off to CD for an incredible defense. You have nothing to hang your head about… much respect to all.

My fellow Maguuman’s making a stand … we few… we happy few… another incredible defense that bought us the time we needed. There for a bit it seamed like there was but 6-10 of us on our feet… how will I ever sleep tonight?

Hats off to our commanders who pulled it off, the harassment teams that kept things choked off. Props to the CD commander for an epic defense of garrison and quick, creative counters.

in WvW

Posted by: jaycatano.6738

jaycatano.6738

to the thief contesting our keep in EB…. i hate you with a passion.

Why? He has a horrible build, he can’t take or do any damage. All he can is to run. Kinda pathetic.

Anyway, to the thief contesting our keep in EB – please, lay dead longer, so I can use my yak form while dancing.

it was more annoying then anything to tell you the truth. he never downed me or even tried to fight. He would just run away every time I tried to face him.

Slightly Better Ele
Violent Resolution [VR]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

I wish every object wasn’t hollow. During an attack on SBI BL, a guardian, or warrior or something was running from an outer supply hut to inner, I illusionary leapt to them, and was stuck inside the wall. I moved a little, and fell into the wet deep below.

Attachments:

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

Ram vs Keep Lord.

^,..,^;;

Attachments:

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: MrKnieves.4162

MrKnieves.4162

Why? He has a horrible build, he can’t take or do any damage. All he can is to run. Kinda pathetic.

Anyway, to the thief contesting our keep in EB – please, lay dead longer, so I can use my yak form while dancing.

it was more annoying then anything to tell you the truth. he never downed me or even tried to fight. He would just run away every time I tried to face him.

My goal was not to fight, it’s not smart to fight against 10 people looking for you anyway, but it was overly fun to say the least. Better keep watching those doors.

Zheenn [Warrior] [Commander]| Alondra Del Mar [Thief] | Lorean Alisk [Elemental]
Rough Trade [RTGC]
Crystal Desert

in WvW

kerona.3465

My goal was not to fight, it’s not smart to fight against 10 people looking for you anyway, but it was overly fun to say the least. Better keep watching those doors.

You are both dedicated and possibly OCD.

FIVE HOURS!?!?!?

Maguuma [PYRO]

in WvW

MrKnieves.4162

You are both dedicated and possibly OCD.

FIVE HOURS!?!?!?

LOL!!! To be honest I did not realize it was that long! But I guess time truly flies when one is having fun!

It got extra fun and challenging when I had to contest SMC and the Keep at the same time and a pesky warrior and mesmer were on my tail most of the time. :/

Zheenn [Warrior] [Commander]| Alondra Del Mar [Thief] | Lorean Alisk [Elemental]
Rough Trade [RTGC]
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Maguuma has an addiction, and one man is supplying us. The first image is the normal golem standby. Those despawned so the second picture happened.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

Haven’t checked the score in a few days, anyone got an update?

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

Man that SMC battle was fun. ;3

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Krash.9486

Krash.9486

If this is the thief that runs the all stealth build with the little quaggain pet out all the time….you succeed at being annoying…(and a hint to people trying to follow where he is…DON"T FOLLOW the pet…it is a distraction and is not where he is…it lags behind)

Also….you have about 24 more hours to have fun exploiting culling….oh and now the reveal buff will apply all the time too….3 seconds is forever…..better learn a new trick >:)

If this is not that thief….well…never mind then o.o

[SBI] Champions of Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Krash.9486

Maguuma has an addiction, and one man is supplying us. The first image is the normal golem standby. Those despawned so the second picture happened.

You know….it’s kinda a shame that so many free to play games give such a big advantage to those with the larger RL bank accounts….

even though I do understand the need to make a profit

in WvW

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

If this is the thief that runs the all stealth build with the little quaggain pet out all the time….you succeed at being annoying…(and a hint to people trying to follow where he is…DON"T FOLLOW the pet…it is a distraction and is not where he is…it lags behind)

Also….you have about 24 more hours to have fun exploiting culling….oh and now the reveal buff will apply all the time too….3 seconds is forever…..better learn a new trick >:)

there is only 1 thief i know that runs with quaggan on mag (if u are referring to him) and i dont think the stealth nerf will affect him.

in WvW

MrKnieves.4162

I’m not that thief, but I’m glad to know im not the only one contesting the keep.
Also, im not “exploiting” culling, is not my fault you guys keep running straight when I stealth, I mean, why would anyone keep going straight when there are a million enemies that way spamming their skills? I’m exploiting the fault of common sense, if anything.

BTW I’m not running a glass cannon, or bunker, or stealth specific build. There are a million things in between and I found one that suits my play-style and works nicely at escaping.

It’s funny when you guys kill me and then leave the area completely thinking “oh he’s dead and wont come back”. Respawning and running back there takes less than 3 minutes. Just as a heads up because I like the challenge, and hiding gets boring after a while.

Rough Trade [RTGC]
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Krash.9486

there is only 1 thief i know that runs with quaggan on mag (if u are referring to him) and i dont think the stealth nerf will affect him.

maybe your right…but it seems to me his/her main talent is only being visible and targetable for a split second at a time. That comes partly from culling giving extra stealth before rendering…and if I understand the mechanic correctly….from not having the reveal buff applied when coming out of certain kinds of stealth….with both of those advantages gone this thief will now be visible for seconds at least. He will have to fight now and not just evade. Might be a really good fighter too…but I haven’t seen it yet….just seems to have fun avoiding and annoying people from what I can see.

I have a feeling a lot of tactics are going to have to be tweaked after this patch…we will see.

in WvW

ParaldaWind.4523

You know….it’s kinda a shame that so many free to play games give such a big advantage to those with the larger RL bank accounts….

They’re exaggerating. I get most of my golems from donations. Generally everyone in my guild has at least one or two that they’ve gotten from random drops or from jumping puzzles. At any given time, I probably have 20 golems, and access to guild golems as well.

They’re incredibly effective weapons, probably the best siege if utilized correctly, and guild golems are only slightly more expensive than rams, so there’s really no downside to them.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]

in WvW

Krash.9486

I’m not that thief, but I’m glad to know im not the only one contesting the keep.
Also, im not “exploiting” culling, is not my fault you guys keep running straight when I stealth, I mean, why would anyone keep going straight when there are a million enemies that way spamming their skills? I’m exploiting the fault of common sense, if anything.

BTW I’m not running a glass cannon, or bunker, or stealth specific build. There are a million things in between and I found one that suits my play-style and works nicely at escaping.

It’s funny when you guys kill me and then leave the area completely thinking “oh he’s dead and wont come back”. Respawning and running back there takes less than 3 minutes. Just as a heads up because I like the challenge, and hiding gets boring after a while.

I was not at that engagement myself. It just sound like what the thief I was referring to would do. And the fact that there is culling means you exploit the effects when you stealth and come out of stealth whether you intend to or not. Culling gives you more stealth…some have said as much as 2 seconds more. Even if the stealth you used applies the 3 second reveal, 2 seconds of that are used up by culling.

Hey it’s the way the game is..wasn’t blaming you for using it…but it has made stealth skills very OP….. thus the nerf/end of culling.

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

He is actually good at the game, contrary to what you might believe about hurr stealth thieves, so I’m sure he’ll do fine.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Krash.9486

They’re exaggerating. I get most of my golems from donations. Generally everyone in my guild has at least one or two that they’ve gotten from random drops or from jumping puzzles. At any given time, I probably have 20 golems, and access to guild golems as well.

They’re incredibly effective weapons, probably the best siege if utilized correctly, and guild golems are only slightly more expensive than rams, so there’s really no downside to them.

OK, but it is still a battle of the haves vs the have nots….if we ever have more then 2 golem at one time it is a major golem rush for us…(I think I have seen 5 max at one time since all the big guilds left)

While you guys have havocs with that many….and as many as 20 with your zergs…..20 gold for one rush!? I have never even had 20 gold total at one time! o.O

in WvW

kerona.3465

OK, but it is still a battle of the haves vs the have nots….if we ever have more then 2 golem at one time it is a major golem rush for us…(I think I have seen 5 max at one time since all the big guilds left)

While you guys have havocs with that many….and as many as 20 with your zergs…..20 gold for one rush!? I have never even had 20 gold total at one time! o.O

Your main commanders don’t at all ask if anyone has any golem blueprints?
I find it really hard to believe that nobody on your server has the coin to throw into a golem. It’s not like it’s hard to come by…

Maguuma [PYRO]

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Here’s the score that matters. We need new blood up here, Mag has to stop slacking!

Projections

SoS: 1 721.069
Magoombas: 1 719.758

in WvW

Maladon.5760

Here’s the score that matters. We need new blood up here, Mag has to stop slacking!

Projections

Would be a nice change of pace. This tier is currently decided at reset every friday. I realize SoS might result in the same boring match but it would be nice to mix things up after 3 weeks of lopsided competition.

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Krash.9486

Your main commanders don’t at all ask if anyone has any golem blueprints?
I find it really hard to believe that nobody on your server has the coin to throw into a golem. It’s not like it’s hard to come by…

Sure they do, we have weekly JP events and give all blue prints to commanders. Our guild members donate coin and mats to build superior siege. We use influence for guild siege…..but we don’t have even a fraction of what we have seen from MAG…you have so many you can let 20 de-spawn and then just build 20 more….maybe it is just the additional population….but I would guess someone is also spending a lot of RL coin to keep that stock of golem.

in WvW

Posted by: rice.5376

rice.5376

20g O_o, I never go below 160g. As of right now, I can afford a 32 Omega Rush.

Bacon, Bacon, BACON!
Bubônix: Engy
Server: Maguuma Guild: [PYRO]

in WvW

Maladon.5760

Think about it for a few minutes…

This matchup isn’t competitive. Maguuma resets everything we take. CD flat out won’t fight them most of the time because they are a tougher target than we are. So anything we take is only ours for a short while and will have very little impact on the final score. Why would we waste all that gold to take a tower or keep that’s going to be flipped within an hour or two? Maguuma can throw 40-50 people at an objective very easily, we simply can’t defend against those numbers with any measure of reliability, especially after NA primetime.

When we finally get a competitive matchup you’ll probably see more money being spent. Hell, if you really must know, a lot of cash is already being spent. Bannok spends tons of gold on siege equipment, he never has less than 40-60 of each. I run with about half that, same for a lot of our other guildmates. Last weekend after reset I dropped over 60 pieces of defensive siege between Veloka, Overlook, Mendons and Ogrewatch. Bannok was probably in that neighborhood as well. Of course it was gone the next time I logged in but that’s the way it goes.

Currently it’s more important to spend money on defense, not offense. Actually it’s always more important to spend money on defense…

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Projections

Would be a nice change of pace. This tier is currently decided at reset every friday. I realize SoS might result in the same boring match but it would be nice to mix things up after 3 weeks of lopsided competition.

Well its only a matter of time. I hope SoS will be a better balance for T4 because DB Yaks Mag should be an epic fight.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

Having fought both yaks and mag, I feel yaks is a bit stronger overall. So, if you guys plan to duke it out, better prepare more.

^.^

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Projections

It helps that the T3 matchup was updated 5 hours more recently than the T4 matchup. Maybe you should work harder at stealing free SoS points.

Sure they do, we have weekly JP events and give all blue prints to commanders. Our guild members donate coin and mats to build superior siege. We use influence for guild siege…..but we don’t have even a fraction of what we have seen from MAG…you have so many you can let 20 de-spawn and then just build 20 more….maybe it is just the additional population….but I would guess someone is also spending a lot of RL coin to keep that stock of golem.

It would be nice if you didn’t make passive aggressive statements about us based on your guesses. There are people that are really good at playing the TP. Clearly you aren’t one of them (and for the record, neither am I)

in WvW

Pinko.2076

Having fought both yaks and mag, I feel yaks is a bit stronger overall. So, if you guys plan to duke it out, better prepare more.

^.^

Maguuma is preparing to survive the waves of bags from the CL guild.

in WvW

ParaldaWind.4523

No one buys golems with gold… Badges or jp for 90 percent of them, and then guilds with guild golems are always around. It’s not hard to get 6 or 7 at any time.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

^.^

Maguuma is preparing to survive the waves of bags from the CL guild.

So, you’re prepared to drop lots of loot bags. I do hope that prepares you next week.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Have you ever fought anything outside of our night crew? If not, I’m not surprised you would come to that conclusion. But yeah, even the T3 thread just pointed out that the CL guild is basically free loot bags.

in WvW

Posted by: Insignia.6345

Insignia.6345

Honestly i can never grasp this perma stealth thing for theives, can anyone tell me what im doing wrong or link a guide or give me some advice? im assuming it revolves around cloak and dagger? or that pistol dagger leap finisher? or both? any help would be appreciated. It’s been bugging me lol.

Asuranaut Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

Have you ever fought anything outside of our night crew? If not, I’m not surprised you would come to that conclusion. But yeah, even the T3 thread just pointed out that the CL guild is basically free loot bags.

Yes, I don’t base this on Nightcrew. Yak’s bend Nightcrew is a little bit weaker than your guys. But their NA crew is strong/consistent. Just saying after having fought you guys for some time now.

:3

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Pinko.2076

Yes, I don’t base this on Nightcrew. Yak’s bend Nightcrew is a little bit weaker than your guys. But their NA crew is strong/consistent. Just saying after having fought you guys for some time now.

Strong at what? You do know Mag has fought yaks way more than you have, right?

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

Honestly i can never grasp this perma stealth thing for theives, can anyone tell me what im doing wrong or link a guide or give me some advice? im assuming it revolves around cloak and dagger? or that pistol dagger leap finisher? or both? any help would be appreciated. It’s been bugging me lol.

Not much to say, sir.

Reminds me of this video. Very annoying.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

Strong over all.

You’ve fought them, I’ve fought them. And I’ve fought you guys. Your point being?

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Guess we’ll see. If our fairweathers stay for T3 I think we’ll poop all over them. Last time we fought them we definitely did, but that was in T4. Our queues have died a bit since then. We also won our last match with YB and DB, but it was a close match and during the holiday season. I don’t really care if we win or lose as long as they don’t run away from open field fights.

in WvW

ParaldaWind.4523

Strong over all.

You’ve fought them, I’ve fought them. And I’ve fought you guys. Your point being?

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups/history/18#NA

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]

in WvW

Pendragon.8735

It helps that the T3 matchup was updated 5 hours more recently than the T4 matchup. Maybe you should work harder at stealing free SoS points.

We beat them down every night during primetime, but where they gain back is off hours, not much we can do with no people then. Still, have them at -60 drop for this week, that’s big. Mag just +15 on the other end so far.

The main reason I want to see Mag up is more about getting a 3rd team that actually has forces to make it a 3 way match vs DB, instead of head to head during primetime (where we also beat DB, but its stale with 2 teams), regardless who is actually stronger. Though YB has I think ironed out some problems since first hitting T3.

(edited by Pendragon.8735)

in WvW

MrKnieves.4162

There is no such thing. As was explained above, culling might give a thief an extra 2 second “stealth” (depending on the computer), but from the thief perspective that is not happening. What people might be calling “perma stealth” is a crafty thief that can escape and uses the environment to his/her advantage.

Rough Trade [RTGC]
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

Guess we’ll see. If our fairweathers stay for T3 I think we’ll poop all over them. Last time we fought them we definitely did, but that was in T4. Our queues have died a bit since then. We also won our last match with YB and DB, but it was a close match and during the holiday season. I don’t really care if we win or lose as long as they don’t run away from open field fights.

I see. Well, next week is coming fast. And we still don’t know what will happen. But until then, having fun is still a priority, and I do hope you guys are having fun fighting SBI and us Cd.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Pendragon.8735

Strong over all.

Wow Kaineng used to be so awesome.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

We beat them down every night during primetime, but where they gain back is off hours, not much we can do with no people then. Still, have them at -60 drop for this week, that’s big. Mag just +15 on the other end so far.

It’s almost as if it’s harder for a green server to get more rating points than a red server. O_O

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

Strong over all.

Wow Kaineng used to be so awesome.

But Kaineng is more awesome now. One of the T2 contenders.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal