You like the new content for WvWvW? Yes-No

in WvW

Posted by: Roy.7405

Roy.7405

Yes because it’s fun, encourages people to fight over them due to their value, and reduces/punishes zergers who leave locations vulnerable to capture an objective with massive numbers of people (whatever that objective may be).

But 2 things I would change would be:

1. Add some reward for capturing a point, even if it’s just a pitance. In its current implementation, character progression (in terms of karma, exp, wxp, badges, money, etc.) slows down to pretty much 0, which is the same problem sPvP is having and is trying to fix. Not enough to compete with other mechanics like capturing camps, killing large groups of players, or enough to encourage abuse; just enough to allow character progression to continue at a bare minimum pace. Maybe like 10 wxp, karma, exp, and coin per capture.

2. Make it affect only that individual map, not all maps. It’s annoying to have what is happening on 1 map affect the map you are on. Combined with the lack or rewards and progression, there is no incentive to be the person or team who goes to another borderland to disrupt the buff, so getting someone to do that task while outnumbered will be difficult once the initial excitement wears off.

(edited by Roy.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Sevir.8975

Sevir.8975

I vote not only “no” but if i could add a new option and put “hell no” it would be appreciated, ty

in WvW

Posted by: Skeletor.9360

Skeletor.9360

No it is very very very very very bad

in WvW

Posted by: Poxheart.2845

Poxheart.2845

Not really impressed with it.

Poxheart
Knights of the WhiteWolf

in WvW

Posted by: Jansy.8463

Jansy.8463

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

Gold Cape via Hall of Monuments pls…

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Silver.9084

Silver.9084

NO

However, the map itself is pretty nice, buffs just completely ruin it.

Tux – [VoTF] Vengeance of The Fallen

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

I just want Him to roam the borderlands without fear of unwanted buffs? Is this too much to ask?

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Kajin.5301

Kajin.5301

no to league
no to bloodlust
yes to ram mastery (fixed)
yes to new ruins but make remove cap unless you put back krait/quaggans Foo

Skysap & Qaju & Juqa -VILE- Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

In this thread: Crying over a few stat points instead of fighting for their realm and realizing the don’t really make a difference, but the quality of combat is VASTLY improved

In regards to the question, it’s a yes from me.

Pros

Spreads the population out and makes for tonnes of roaming potential and smaller scale conflicts.
This is now without a doubt the best open world PvP I’ve ever experienced.

Cons

Lag seems to be through the roof after this patch…

Key point

The minority who actualy come to the forums do so predominantly to complain. Most players are actually out in the borderlands loving the new changes

(edited by Brew Pinch.5731)

in WvW

Posted by: Poxheart.2845

Poxheart.2845

So far I my impression of this patch is that it did nothing for the solo/duo roamers (like me) and has made 5+ man groups that much more important. Still seeing 15+ man groups zerg the points, too.

Poxheart
Knights of the WhiteWolf

in WvW

Posted by: D best.3547

D best.3547

Love the content but buff should not give stats (only points on kill) so no…. But I really like how we have roamers paradise content so yes…. But the buff is ahmagad so bad so I just won’t vote.

Sea of Sorrows
Champion Paragon

in WvW

Posted by: Laggin Dragon.3062

Laggin Dragon.3062

No

I don’t mind the point spike, and I like the new map, but the buffs is stupid.

Alcott – Level 120 Ele
Leader of Core of Scarlet/Sapphire Alliance [CoSA]

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

Love the art, but hate the buffs and the way they are kept.
Point per stomp is good.
So, no to buffs.

in WvW

Posted by: Odinzu.9645

Odinzu.9645

No. Buffs are terrible, map design is cool. Buffs = terrible

Odinzu [EP]
Thug life

in WvW

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

Like new Maps?

Some more PvP like parts of the maps for small fights. Nice idea on paper. But what will happen? The blob just runs over you anyway. So no difference. Still a welcome change. But in the end I do not really care.

Like the Bloddlust?

Yes for point per stomp. This is a good one and should be the only thing. Or throw is some MF or WxP buffs. But stats? Are you our of your mind?

BIG NO for stats! This just give the servers with more coverage even more advantage. It makes the stronger more stronger and weaker even weaker. The stats buffs which are the worst idea Anet could come up with. Players were calling for more balance. What did Anet give them? Less balance.

Anet, give up your hopes of esport. This will never ever happen.

in WvW

Posted by: Sir Alymer.3406

Sir Alymer.3406

I did some WvW today, and I have to say that the ruins really didn’t spread the zergs out. There’s still large zergs roaming, just now there’s 16-20 people roaming around the center keeping the bloodlust buff.

The strategy has already been made; Two groups of 8-10 people roam around the ruins capturing the points while there’s still a large zerg going around capturing keeps. Only now the zerg has a minimum permanent +50 to all stats.

So no, I don’t like this new WvW update.

in WvW

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

As a roamer, I love the capture points and the buff. I don’t particularly care about having the stat bonuses, but the stomp points are amazing. It really helps the servers who do not like to map zerg and have good roamers. It was pretty funny watching the other 2 servers zerg points with 40 and then lose their points elsewhere while they did that.

in WvW

Posted by: Eihder.8961

Eihder.8961

No, to be honest the new buff is working exactly as i imagined it to. If servers were able to defend orbs originally via pure numbers and make things unbalanced i dont see how they think this would fix it. Its a core problem, they should have listened to original advice and just slapped it on the outmanned buff rather than make the zergiest server in a matchup more powerful.

in WvW

Posted by: iAmTheDuke.6201

iAmTheDuke.6201

No,
Got on for literally 10 minutes, tried it and got off to play a different game.

in WvW

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Buffs should die.

Circles needing babysitting when no enemies even show up is a bit tedious but no more than sentrying anything else.

The map itself is decent. Would prefer if the canals didn’t act as funnels, but I don’t go in water, so meh.

I have some… misgivings… about that one really tall spot near the SE tower, which I suspect will make defending it without greater numbers nigh on impossible. Put plainly, defending from within the tower against siege built in the high ruins seems like it would be impossible, and so the defenders would need to have the manpower to take/occupy the high ruins.

But then again, who ever bothered holding that anyway, it gets flipped like a pancake most of the time.

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

The ruins are very well done, no doubt about that. It will perfect for those who want sPvP style gameplay in WvW. That is different than typical small group WvW play, but at least it is small group play.

Under the circumstances — maps that can’t be mad bigger, and lack of priority for WvW development — that is really the best that can be hoped for.

The stat buff is not good though, and I really hope it’s changed. Making the caps PPT would be best (so they would be fought over).

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: Dsybok.1405

Dsybok.1405

No.

The new map areas are convoluted, have too many blind corners and seem designed to force people to pvp when they may not want to. I have already been jumped a half dozen times by a 5 person group and this has me basically ignoring this entire section of the map now.

I do not enjoy the pvp aspects of WvW, I prefer the strategy. This seems to throw all that out the window in favor of encouraging a game mode I am not interested in, so its a big FAIL as far as I am concerned.

Ferguson’s Crossing
Ascenion of Elements
Sylvari Ele main

in WvW

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

Do not want, never wanted, never will want.

in WvW

Posted by: jaimy.4108

jaimy.4108

No.

Here are my 2 cents about this patch:

1. Nerfing a community.

The introduction of bloodlust nerfed a wonderful community of GvG, something I do not participate in myself, but am a supporter of. This is a wonderful player iniative which created a large community and adds value to the game.

Instead of embracing, encouraging and supporting this wonderful opportunity, Anet decided to be ignorant and stubborn, smashing it into the ground. Thereby not only killing GvG, but also many guilds dedicated to this. I breaks me to see multiple wonderful guilds quitting the game, awaiting Wildstar and others.

2. Bloodlust.

Not only does bloodlust affect GvG, but also the WvW gameplay. Like many others before me said:

“The strong only get stronger”

Many small roaming groups or guilds who before already had difficulty beating blobs, now have it even more difficult against a up powered 111111 enemy blob. This patch destroyed the balance of this game even more.

3. New map.

I appreciate Anet tryes to improve the maps, but I think the new setup is wrong.

1. It is too much a pvp arena, don’t add a pvp game in a wvw game.
2. Too much on too small and centered space. Currently there is too much content added on a too small space. The map feels extremely crowed and less space to move around or roam. The map could have been better divided by using the terrain in the north. Or the maps should have been larger.

To my opinion I would have preferred the lake to become a area where there was a camp or tower rather than an overloaded pvp arena.

4. The lag.

With the new map it seems the servers cannot handle the new content. Yesterday was a continuous stream of lag’s making the game barely playable. Even late in the night on a empty map this problem still occurred.

And then last, please fix the kitten flickering bloodlust icon.

VoTF

in WvW

Posted by: Haltair.3062

Haltair.3062

Yes, I liked it.
I would change the buff but in any case this is better than guaggans.
The brotherhood is killing more than ever.

Best,

Haltair, one of the Twelve Shadows

Haltair, One of the Twelve Shadows
Baruch Bay´s Thieves Brotherhood, Order of Shadows
Orden de Sombras [OdS]

(edited by Haltair.3062)

in WvW

Posted by: White Raven.4368

White Raven.4368

No

to buff, and the new lag got me out of there in like 10 minutes.

Desolation [LOST]Lost in Socks Guild.

in WvW

Posted by: katsubo.9875

katsubo.9875

totally No

No one follows commander now.
A lot of disbalanced 1vs1 fights, anyone with better gear can gank you.
Lags were not a big deal in 30vs30, but they are crucial in 1vs1.

ANet made borderlands enjoyable only for roamers. There is some point in that, but how new players will earn their badges now?

(edited by katsubo.9875)

in WvW

Posted by: Colt.9051

Colt.9051

Very mixed opinions myself.

Plenty of nooks and crannies to sneak up on ppl or escape if need be.
More to do in WvW, on an sPvP scale.

Dislikes: There seems to be quite a bit more lag in the ruins area now. Might also be a bit tougher wading through the ruins with a zerg for a fast response to a threat across the ruins.
The GOD AWFULLY OP BUFFS… Even as a roamer, roaming on another BL where your server isn’t well… In the best of shapes with coverage, this is gonna put us at even more of a disadvantage now. Please remove this buff. Ppl no longer win fights in roaming fights by sheer skill anymore…

If not for the buff I’d be 100% for this update, but this buff completely turns me off… So I have to say no for now.

Daeaera ~ Leader of Grape Justice! [FGJ]

in WvW

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

No because i need to walk 3-5 min with swiftness to get from 1 waypoint to the battlefield. Add more waypoints or add mounts, nobody like to walk 3-5 min its boring.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

NO

This blatent attempt to turn WvW into spvp is wrong on so many levels.

The last thing this meta needs is adding buffs for full servers.

It’s that old esport Jones, clouding everyone’s minds at Anet.

The new areas look like cheesy last minute rush jobs that were hastily patched in, now the center of the map is this jumble of landscapes that make no sense and turn what was once a fairly realistic environment into gooney golf.

As I write IOJ has all three buffs and pretty much using their superior numbers to paint all the maps their color.

First we got “WvW is not supposed to be fair”, and now we get “lets make the high population worlds steamroll go even faster.”

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.

in WvW

Posted by: Prof Doggington.3870

Prof Doggington.3870

The one good thing about this patch is it has freed up some time for me to waste in GTA:V

in WvW

Posted by: Stealthy.5231

Stealthy.5231

The physical changes to the map are fantastic. It provides a more small ops area to play in and it caters to those that were looking for that less zerg vs zerg combat, although the zerg rolls through occasionally. However the bloodlust buff of course is not well designed. I saw an uplevel roll an 80 because he had all 3 bloodlust stacks, so the balance issue is still there but the maps themselves are well designed. I feel that if the bloodlust buff was just scaled down to that of like a divinity run bonus we would all be very pleased.

in WvW

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

In this thread: Crying over a few stat points instead of fighting for their realm and realizing the don’t really make a difference, but the quality of combat is VASTLY improved

In regards to the question, it’s a yes from me.

Pros

Spreads the population out and makes for tonnes of roaming potential and smaller scale conflicts.
This is now without a doubt the best open world PvP I’ve ever experienced.

Cons

Lag seems to be through the roof after this patch…

Key point

The minority who actualy come to the forums do so predominantly to complain. Most players are actually out in the borderlands loving the new changes

I’m so with you on this one. I check forums daily just to keep up with Dev postings, but the negativity is sad lol. “KILLING WVW ER EMM GEE”

On my server matchup, the leading server has NEVER had more than the minor buff. It seems like the bottom two servers are more concerned with holding it. Its been quite fun.

Even so 50-100 to each stat isn’t a big deal. It’s like a food buff. 150 is on the OP side, but again, I’ve never seen the leading server with that buff.

To the people here complaining, go cap 3 of the server’s points and take that buff away from them.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in WvW

Posted by: Arkanfel.8403

Arkanfel.8403

I am pretty sure that the posterior pain in this thread could be tapped as an alternate energy source.

50 to each stat is not game-breaking. Believe it or not, you can actually still kill people who have one or two orbs even if your server doesn’t have any. +150 can get a little dicey, but I don’t think it will be particularly easy to hold that many ruins for an extended period, not if pug roamers keep focusing on the middle like they have been.

The ruins are very well designed and fun to fight in. The only thing I’m not sure about is the decision not to award WvW experience for holding the points. When the timer ticks down and you get your buff, participating players ought to get something for that. But all this whining is downright disgraceful. People on this forum complained for months about how WvW was getting no attention, how it was stale and promoted zerging too much. Now that they’ve done something about it, all you can do is kitten and moan. You guys sound like a bunch of entitled brats.

Sarabi “the Roaring Fury” Aminata

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

The new content is very neat, shame was unplayable because of lag, even your servers are upset with you.

in WvW

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

How do you know they are loving the new changes ?
I actually cant find a single reason why +150 stat boost is a good thing, and from what I have seen so far the stronger servers with more people and better coverage hold the buffs…

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Do not know yet its a day after a patch day these things take some time to be comply fixed. These post happen every time too just simply knee junk reason and more then likely its the same ppl doing it over and over they cant learn at all it seems.

More then likely i will like it in time the new orbs are a lot easy to take and harder to hold then the old orbs. There also a lot of play for the roamers ppl who like to move in groups of less then 6 something a lot of ppl have been asking for.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Savalis.9037

Savalis.9037

I love the new content, not the combat buff. Let the individual fights be determined on skill (and population). Remove the bloodlust buff and provide access to a non-combat buff such as magic find/gold earned/mercenaries/400+ crafting material nodes/etc…

Savalis – [oT]

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

While it’s still too premature to judge my general feelings are:

The Borderlands revamp and the Bloodlust mechanic are good.

The stat-bonuses associated with Bloodlust are very bad.

in WvW

Posted by: dan.3618

dan.3618

Dont like the buff, it just further retracts from any skill of actual pvp. Siege already detracts enough from skill but now whatever blob has buff wins.

Make the buff provide +25% magic find, +25% bonus to points + 25% run speed when out of combat etc etc etc but dont have things that alter combat itself.

Now the underdog servers will just get smashed even more, gvg is ruined and 1v1 encounters unbalanced. Guild wars developers are just that they are developers and artists they are not gamers.

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

No

1. Bloodlust buff is pointless. It took the servers that severely outnumber ours less than 3 hours to figure out that with us having the max bloodlust, there numbers advantage would just still overrun us. Yes during this first 3 hours WvW was in absolute chaos and we did take the lead for most of the tick. But the blob is back soon enough slightly weakened not because of bloodlust but rather there loss supply during the chaos. I know they are now just keeping us occupied until they hoard enough supply to feed the BLOB.
2. The masive JP (with no chest) in the middle of the borderland now hinders our tactics in scouting as our scouts now become the pray of the the 1v1’ers in the JP(with no chest).
3. We regularly fight the BLOB and have learnt the the one of the best ways to counter them is to be one step ahead of them and the JP (with on chest) now forces us on longer,slower and more dangerous routes while a 80 srtong BLOB just melt through our gates.

And if you are wondering why I call it the JP( with no chest) refer to point 1.

The difficulty of traversing the middle ground in one reason i adore it. You have to be conservative and more strategic with your movement and commitments as your ability to defend is now much more hampered by increasingly aggressive play.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

Map revamp is great.

Buff is not.

So No for me.

in WvW

Posted by: Cradorell.3941

Cradorell.3941

Hell no its a joke. Theres too many no’s going around for the devs to ignore. Im tired of them ruining wvw!

Óne Pulse – OP – Raid Leader

in WvW

Posted by: GFRikku.2983

GFRikku.2983

NO
they just threw the WvW which was already unbalanced due to low wvw populated servers vs high wvw populated servers, aeven more off balance, they are now like impossible to counter, making it easy for them and harder for all other to even stand a chance even if they succeed in getting the numbers on one of the maps, they will still die faster than the ones with the buff, this patch has to go ASAP, they need to buff low populated wvw worlds, not the already overpowered ones!

in WvW

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

Yes…..the buffs are the bomb and will – will – force a zerg/blob meta change in WvW to gain and keep those buffs. I also love the fortitude added with those buffs. Woot!

(edited by Rigel.3092)

in WvW

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

No not at the moment, I do reserve the right to change my mind later though.

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

maps changes are ok. bloodlust is terible.

no

in WvW

Posted by: aB EXT.1287

aB EXT.1287

Like the new areas, hate the stat buff

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

We need to split the poll because its just about worthless as feedback right now.

Do you like the new areas to fight in?
Yes –
No -

Do you like the new bloodlust mechanic?
All of it -
Like the points on stomp but not stats -
Like the stats but not points on stomp -
None of it -

Do you like the Flame Mastery?
Yes -
No -

Yes, very beautiful and better than the lake.

Points on stomp good, the stats need to go

I love Flame Ram Mastery but the glitches on it need to go.

in WvW

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

It’s an abomination.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2