2500 for Southsun Survival...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Zaeon.3846

Zaeon.3846

… is a bit much. =‘[
For a two-week event duration, the 2500 is a little unforgiving for those of us who find more enjoyment in other aspects of the game such as wvw and spvp, and still have to do stuff like daily, guild activities, etc. I’ve completed all Living Story achievements to 100%, got almost 8k achievement points, but this particular one is the most worrisome out of all of them so far. I know some people already got the 2500 points—- I am trying to get that, but the repetitiveness required to get there is … meh…

Please lower the 2500 requirement, or make this achievement available for completion during the bi-weekly rotation of Southsun Survival in the future.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I agree that 2500 is quite steep.

But since you get between 30 and 70 points per game on average, it’s doable, especially if you don’t do it all in one sitting.

Here’s a discussion that you might find interesting:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/lwd/Achievements-and-Mini-Games

in Cutthroat Politics

Zaeon.3846

It is doable, (especially since you can sometimes get highest score as a ghost) but because of this 2500 requirement, I know a lot of us are steered to “hate this minigame… once I finish this achievement I never want to step foot in this minigame ever again” sentiment. How can this affect the future return rotation of this minigame?

I know the 2500 number was set so there’s higher influx of players throughout the event duration and playing population does not die down the first several days or so. But it can also have the opposite effect.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

They won’t touch it, I can guarantee you that.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Using the ghost trick, you can get on average 100 points per game and it really takes no effort to do. That’s only 25 games or approximately 4 hours.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I agree that 2500 is quite steep.

But since you get between 30 and 70 points per game on average, it’s doable, especially if you don’t do it all in one sitting.

Here’s a discussion that you might find interesting:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/lwd/Achievements-and-Mini-Games

Yeah it might seem like a lot (I know it did before I tried it), but its entirely doable. You just have to keep at it. Advanced Candidate Trials on the other hand…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

just play a few games per day and it will be over after a few days.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Using the ghost trick, you can get on average 100 points per game and it really takes no effort to do. That’s only 25 games or approximately 4 hours.

The ghost trick as in dying as fast as you can and stock up on nodes?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Constantine.7812

Constantine.7812

no its not entirely doable (and this is someone who has 10k+ ap speaking). its incredibely boring (this game is for counter strike campers not for mmo players) i played 17 matches and i have only 580 points this means i earned around 35 points per match which is average rating (i was somewhere in the middle of scoreboard almost all the time and i saw someone to earn more than 70-80 points very rarely). so average players must play around 72 matches of some mini game that they dont like yea cool. now tell me again its COMPLETELY doable. even if you earned 100 points per match it would be 25 matches to get that achievement which is still quite a lot to play. But i still would like to thank anet to not making achievement like `win southsun survival` i would brake my pc im sure about that.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Tips for getting high scores without being good at the game:

1. The first 2 minutes allow infinite respawns. Ignore rations and go for weapons/arrows and just KILL players (5 points for a kill and 1 point for each hit). Use weapons or headshots on players who are trying to scavange (and who thus aren’t looking at you).

2. When the grace period ends (or if you can’t find any more weapons/players), make your way down to the ship (the north part of the map) and scavenge a lot (1 point each). Don’t use your rations as you want to die here. Once dead, the motes from your scavenging should still be up, grab them all for 1 point each.

3. Respawning motes appear on the road from the bonfire camp down to the southern camp and over to the broken bridge. If you can’t find a player to haunt, keep moving up and down these roads for the motes for 1 point each.

4. Haunting a player can pay out a lot of points. Use the #1 ability IN FRONT of a player. When they walk into the white ring you will teleport to them and get 1 point. Your other abilities cost more motes and therefore should not be used unless you know you can get a kill with them (i.e. the player you are haunting has low health and NO rations).

Use these tips and you can easily outscore the living players (I know I do frequently) and be done with the achieve in no time.

Server: Devona’s Rest

(edited by mtpelion.4562)

in Cutthroat Politics

Pixelpumpkin.4608

4. Haunting a player can pay out a lot of points. Use the #1 ability IN FRONT of a player. When they walk into the white ring you will teleport to them and get 1 point.

2 points, actually.

I get between 30 (if I’m unlucky) and 70 points a game. And I don’t even try to die immediately after the grace period, as it is also very fun to play as a survivor. I find both survivor and spirit fun to play, although spirit is more rewarding in terms of points (unless you win… and I never do).

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: wolfie.7296

wolfie.7296

i like it. encourages people to play it more rather than less. if it wasn’t fun i agree it would suck

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Demigott.4150

Demigott.4150

Since the last eventpatch they are really pushing the grindachievments forward…Maybe they test how far they can go before players get mad at them..

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Good thing this is optional and not needed for the mini, eh? But, even though I have the mini I’m still going for it… I think I’m in the 1700s now. At least we’re grinding at something that’s fun (imo).

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

I know a lot of us are steered to “hate this minigame… once I finish this achievement I never want to step foot in this minigame ever again” sentiment.

Welcome to my thoughts on every minigame other than Sanctum Sprint that’s been churned out so far

Usually I can pull through all these cause CHEEVOS, and even through the Dragon Ball, but mein gott I am sitting this one out. I have a seething, utter vehemence for Southsun Survival and playing more than 15 games for the cheevo makes me want to claw my eyes out.

Finishing the T3/T4 Candidate Trials was more fun than this imo. (Now waiting for someone to reply to me and tell me I’m batsh** insane.)

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

(edited by Kiriwar.7382)

in Cutthroat Politics

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Finishing the T3/T4 Candidate Trials was more fun than this imo. (Now waiting for someone to reply to me and tell me I’m batsh** insane.)

Different strokes… but I would happily finish your Southsun Survival games for you and then some, if you could get me the T3/T4 Candidate Trials.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

It really is absolutely terribly high for a full complete. It’s made worse by some of the time wasters in the game that do things like camp in the water with loads of rations..

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

The most annyoing thing is spamming up champion kittens next to u while also stunning..

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Neko.7548

Neko.7548

2500 is too boring
really boring
absolute boring

in Cutthroat Politics

Healix.5819

The ghost trick as in dying as fast as you can and stock up on nodes?

Yes.

Just kill and pickup as much stuff as you can during the grace period. Stay within/around one of the camps. Drop any traps you get, placing them where they’re going to get triggered, like in the middle of the camp or the doors. Only heal if needed at the very start, you want to be dying from hunger when the grace period ends. As soon as it ends, die from hunger, another player, or fall damage. Being the first to die is easily +30 points just from the motes in the camp.

You can either begin stalking someone, or sprint to the next camp for another +30 points. When picking up the initial motes, drop traps on anyone nearby, since you’re going to reach the 15 mote cap anyways.

When stalking someone, use #1 in front of them. If they’re going to die, use the alarm trap to score a kill. You don’t want to needlessly kill people, since they will generate points for you.

The middle camp can be a good source of motes if there’s a survivor there, since there’s so much stuff to pickup there. As an out of the way place, it usually contains a stock of motes for a short while after the grace period ends.

I only did my last ~10 games like this to reach 2500 points, but I was always between 90 to 130 points. For comparison, playing as a hunter I usually got 60 points on average, 130 if I was the last remaining.

in Cutthroat Politics

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i’ve gotten my 2,500 / 2,500 points just by playing casually.

not sure what is wrong with the ones who kept complaining.

in Cutthroat Politics

Zaeon.3846

Seeing as 98% of your last 40 posts are regarding Southsun Survival minigame, I can kinda tell you really like Hunger Games… a lot…

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Nettle.9025

Nettle.9025

I do 10-15% a day, which easily let me hit 2500 before this is over and is only 3 or 4 games a day.

At the beginning, farm kills. Try to get a pistol, otherwise go for regular arrow shots on weakened players if you can, and 1 shots on people who arent watching. As soon as grace ends, die immediately. You’ll get like 20 orbs if you die fast enough, then spam those in front of people as they run using 1. If you do it right, breaking 100 is not hard. I think my top score was around 124.

Badding up tourneys since 2012
NA tPvP – Elementalist – Thief

in Cutthroat Politics

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Seeing as 98% of your last 40 posts are regarding Southsun Survival minigame, I can kinda tell you really like Hunger Games… a lot…

well i just watched the hunger games recently and then southsun survival appeared so it is still fresh haha.

i think once this event is over and southsun survival enters the weekly mini games rotation, a new set of achievements under category activities should be made for southsun survival.

that would help boost player participation.

keep the 6/6 rare loot bag reward too.
people who love it will continue to play.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I wrote a guide on scoring points in Southsun Survival here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/cutthroat/Tips-for-high-scoring-in-Southsun-Survival/first#post2508383

But yeah, even with an average of 30 – 70 points per match, it’ll still take you a while. Still, remember that Southsun Survival will be among the regular mini-game rotation regardless of which candidate wins, so I imagine you can still build progress towards the High Scorer achievement even after Cutthroat Politics is over.

in Cutthroat Politics

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

^ i read somewhere that you cannot progress cut throat achievements anymore once the event is over.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: taek.9386

taek.9386

for the average player, because everyone is not as 1337 as the people above, it will take about ~5-7 hours just to get 2500 points.

That there grind is insane.

All i know is that i will never be playing these mini games ever again

in Cutthroat Politics

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

5 hours over 10 days means half an hour per day.

seems legit.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: taek.9386

taek.9386

Its not on par with aspect arena with how much time you need to invest to complete the achievements.

So far i have about 800-900 points, and it took me about 2.5 hours even though I was getting around 40-70 each round. I estimate it will take me 7.5 – 8 hours to get 2500.

doesn’t seem legit.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

50% so far -_-" . I’ll do few runs everyday until i get it. But I agree that 2500 is a lot considering the fact that the highest you can get is around 100 per round, and that requires best gameplay/luck.

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Strejda Tom.6108

Strejda Tom.6108

Well you dont have to finish this achievement. 6/6 is really easy to do anyways. Not every achievement has to be easily achieved.

Strejda Tom, the last unicorn.
Always remember one thing – your opinion is your opinion not fact.

in Cutthroat Politics

aspirine.6852

Only one thing thats wrong with it, camping in the water with rations where the ghosts cannot hurt you. The water needs to be a bit more dangerous.

in Cutthroat Politics

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Only one thing thats wrong with it, camping in the water with rations where the ghosts cannot hurt you. The water needs to be a bit more dangerous.

maybe
skill slot 6 Shout “Vengeance Shall Be Mine!” gain +1 revenge mote, recharge time 10 seconds (nearby players can see this shout)
skill slot 7, 1 revenge mote = x1 baracuda (health 300)
skill slot 8, 2 revenge mote = x1 skelk (health 500)
skill slot 9, 3 revenge mote = x1 drake (health 1000)
skill slot 0 Elite Sight Beyond Sight, reveal all survivors location on map for 10 seconds. recharge timer 30 seconds

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

maybe
skill slot 6 Shout “Vengeance Shall Be Mine!” gain +1 revenge mote, recharge time 10 seconds (nearby players can see this shout)
skill slot 0 Elite Sight Beyond Sight, reveal all survivors location on map for 10 seconds. recharge timer 30 seconds

Or spawn a karka nearby?

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

in Cutthroat Politics

Healix.5819

Ghost elite skill – Possession. Place a circle around the selected target. After 60s (if the target is still within the circle), the target is possessed by the ghost. Possessed #1 skill – Suicide.

… would be funny.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

When I finished that, I have over 10gold, 4 back skins, more green junk that I can’t remember, quite some karma, lots of vote vallots and quite a few rares.

Absurd as that sounds. , I found out that letting yourself be killed is the fastest way to get high scores in the game. As soon as the

Well you dont have to finish this achievement. 6/6 is really easy to do anyways. Not every achievement has to be easily achieved.

Unless they are temporary and you will never, ever, be able to retry them.

If they are permanent, or cyclical (like once a 1 year or once several years, but repeatable sometime in the future), they they are fine as being really hard. You just can get better and learn and gain skill and retry it in the future. If they are a one time thing, it’s not.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Cutthroat Politics

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

maybe

Or spawn a karka nearby?

karka costs 10 revenge motes. a bit expensive for late mist walkers. invincible too. not much fighting chance.

spawn some smaller creatures, let survivors use their arrows.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

When I did a few trials, some low scores were like 17-25ish, high scores were around 60ish.

That means if you do well, you have to do around 45+ rounds of being high scorers.

If you are bad, you need to do 100ish.

I can’t recall how long matches go on for, but let’s just assume 5 mins average (could be more) it would take players:

For high scorers 3.5+ hours for constant high scorers.
For constant low scorers 8ish hours.

:/

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

I did it in one sitting on release day.

Dont do it with aspect, that game wrecked my wrist.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

Did both aspect and this in one sitting yesterday. Average about 70-100 pts a game, but I wasn’t trying specifically to die unlike some of the earlier posters.

Basically:

Place traps at choke points
Shoot people after trapped
Normal shots for 300 ish HP
Headshot on other players who are trying to headshot other players
Camo kit + Headshot at close range is basically unavoidable kill for most players
Scavenge everything you can
Once you die, farm as many motes as you can at first
Then follow a survivor around, run in front of him and repeatedly drop trap 1 as he walks into it
Find a survivor that likes to scavenge… every time they scavenge a resource a mote is dropped for you to drop in front of his face for like 3 points per resource
If he has no rations left, drop a light trap in front of his run path and he’ll die for sure

If trying to remain alive, stock up on at least 5 rations, preferably 8
Go near the water and as far from island centre as possible so that ghosts cannot see you by proximity radar
Hide behind something that covers your nametag
Stand still and don’t move so that in the off chance someone finds you, he can’t trigger a trap on you. To trigger a trap you must move within its boundary – it doesn’t count if the trap is dropped with you already within its boundary, so if you don’t move you can never be targeted by a trap
If a karka appears press 5, run away from it, and dodge 4 seconds after it’s summoned. Run in a 135 degree angle away from it – directly means it’ll still kill you with lucky shots, and 90 degree means it will get closer to you until you eventually die

Lastly:

Don’t fall for obvious traps.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Not worth the achievement points. I will not do that. You can get the meta achievement and the mini even without doing dungeons and without doing the 2500 points achievement if you want. Good for me since I don’t like dungeons. I’m at 500 points at the moment… I’m just not in the mood to play survival anymore… and at the weekend to do at the last minute some farming to get to 2500… if there were more achievement points I’d do it maybe…

but luckily there are not that many for this achievement. So it’s okay.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: gemgenie.4560

gemgenie.4560

Some interesting points ideas in here ……… now if only I could get into the kitten game! Not been able to play it for 3 days now due to lag.

in Cutthroat Politics

Zaeon.3846

I finally got the 2500, after 46 games…
Whew… now I can get back to doing other stuff I actually like.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I finally got the 2500, after 46 games…
Whew… now I can get back to doing other stuff I actually like.

The upside is that you made approximately 4.6g from doing all those runs. Not too shabby, even if it was annoying.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Cutthroat Politics

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i played 48 games.
3 iron chests (last man standing)
45 wooden chests (participation)

got 3 desert rose skin
1 rare
the rest greens

gotten 2,500 points too.
average 53 points per game. not too bad i guess.

and i enjoyed the games.
but my gaming time is very limited.

will play southsun survival again the future when it enters the rotation, and has new achievements etc.

in Cutthroat Politics

aspirine.6852

heheh it sure is getting harder now that people either use the die first option. Or are experienced survivors. I was in a few game last night where the same person kept on winning so he or she was doing great.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

It’s too much. But then again, these achievements are clearly made so you have to pick on candidate or the other if you have below average game time.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Crimsony.2514

Crimsony.2514

It’s too much. But then again, these achievements are clearly made so you have to pick on candidate or the other if you have below average game time.

I’d say the only really time intensive parts that are necessary to get both minis are playing each minigame 15 times and doing 6 dailies, and that’s not too bad. You certainly don’t need to farm 25,000 points.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

This is the most boring game in the history of insipid mini game that this game insists on doing!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i just got done with Aspect Arena achieves. :///
now gotta finish up Southsun Survival. doable with the time that i have left?
i don’t have a WHOLE lot of game time, but i’m gonna do what i can over the weekend.

how long does each game last on average? i guess that’s sort of a silly question since it depends on how long people can survive huh.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall